• 25,274 posts
  • 994 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 267 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,940 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FCCDE483-40C2-4F24-AAA7-A6517EA3629A (resized).jpeg
ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket_Holder.pdf (PDF preview)
A198514D-C4F8-4D3F-AAD3-086CA79078DD (resized).jpeg
0010815E-01BF-4290-B829-B88D78049DD9 (resized).jpeg
25B2F10F-593F-445E-8A34-FB5C0669AA37 (resized).jpeg
7E096DA3-4C5D-4D0B-95D6-2ABDC7F547A8 (resized).jpeg
Unbenanntöö (resized).JPG
DSCN6990 (resized).JPG
Beispiel (resized).jpg
DSCN6998 (resized).JPG
DSCN6997 (resized).JPG
EDDFE508-1F24-478D-98B0-54950DA2BC25 (resized).jpeg
10C8C808-6D12-4F2D-8D21-4D70C74870E4 (resized).jpeg
D3F4019C-DBA9-436A-B560-6D6A4E537E7E (resized).jpeg
E4C1728B-C453-413E-A123-FC3E34308220 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25274 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 506.
#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Heighway has commented on a couple occasions saying, they are working on a "adult" themed cartoon that has been done as a pin before. To me the most logical is South Park. Look at TSPP, Data East had done it, then Stern came alone and made it into a masterpiece. The same could be done with SP. It would sell like hot cakes, I sure hope they do it, it would be a great move & a $ maker for a young company!

Really hope so......I would commit in a second....

#2102 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Heighway has commented on a couple occasions saying, they are working on a "adult" themed cartoon that has been done as a pin before. To me the most logical is South Park. Look at TSPP, Data East had done it, then Stern came alone and made it into a masterpiece. The same could be done with SP. It would sell like hot cakes, I sure hope they do it, it would be a great move & a $ maker for a young company!

Where were these comments made? News to me

#2103 3 years ago

Only cartoons worth doing are Japanamation films. Just saw a great Punisher done it that style, it was awesome. South Park and Simpsons, no thanks. JMO

#2104 3 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Where were these comments made? News to me

Seems like I remember a similar reference by Andrew, but I'm too lazy to go back and try to find it.....

#2105 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Heighway has commented on a couple occasions saying, they are working on a "adult" themed cartoon that has been done as a pin before. To me the most logical is South Park

If the adult cartoon part is true, I really wish they'd do Archer. Someone here on pinside is doing one already (that looks great), does that count?

Also...Futurama would be a great one too that no one has done. Between the tubes, spaceship, Bender call outs, etc. there are so many possibilities...

#2107 3 years ago

I've never played a Sega South Park but it seems to be popular machine. I didn't think I heard many negatives about it. Like I said, there are so many other themes, even animated ones. Futurama, Rick and Morty, Beavis and Butthead, King of the Hill, Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

#2108 3 years ago

If you already have Full Throttle, what is pricing like for an Alien "swap kit"?

#2109 3 years ago

The "adult" and "cartoon" themes for HWY came from an interview with Andrew Heighway on Coast 2 Coast. Iirc, he mentioned these as 2 different thoughts. He mentions interest in maybe doing a cartoon theme and then says something about adult themes for playing with friends at a pub. South Park was brought up here on Pinside because Andrew also said he'd consider redoing a theme that wasn't done justice too. But that could mean any lower rated game like BTTF.

#2110 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've never played a Sega South Park but it seems to be popular machine. I didn't think I heard many negatives about it.

SP is one of the worst pinball machines ever made.

#2111 3 years ago

Archer is an adult themed cartoon. Maybe there is a connection here...

http://pinballreviews.com/archerblog.htm

#2112 3 years ago

Judge Dredd is also an adult cartoon/comic that has been done as a pin before.

#2113 3 years ago

I can want, but refuse to guess.....been doing that over on the colordmd thread ......and have a perfect record of being wrong every time.....so no speculation from me....

#2114 3 years ago

Even if they weren't thinking of doing Archer, they should really look into hiring Keith Elwin to do some games. His Archer design is outstanding and he said he would love to do contractual work as a pinball designer in the latest This Flippin' Podcast. Andrew Heighway is switched on, he has made some great staffing decisions, hiring Elwin and Zombie Yeti would be a great next move in my opinion.

#2115 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

he said he would love to do contractual work as a pinball designer

#2116 3 years ago
Quoted from dangerdangerTILT:

Wow, that looks awesome. I was just thinking how more games should do something involving purposefully launching the ball in the air. NGG and the LOTR ring were the two other examples I could think of but that bullseye looks really fun to shoot.

Heighway should look at adapting and building this. I see enough space in the middle of the PF for the LCD...

#2117 3 years ago

Excellent theme. LOVE the shots. Stern should pick this up.

#2118 3 years ago

meanwhile...
Alien_02.jpg

#2119 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

There was already a South Park, why would someone make another one? I'm not against it but it seems there are so many other themes that don't have a pinball machine.

Pinball on a Stick released their earnings report for the MN State Fair and SP earned as much as KISS and Star Trek. Only 1% lower than TWD.

This game, more than any other, proves that theme + truly accessible gameplay is a winning combination on location.

Heighway can really take advantage here; it's a proven earner on location and a desirable theme for collectors.

11140009_1048856635132932_1768467766303455488_n.jpg

#2120 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Pinball on a Stick released their earnings report for the MN State Fair and SP earned as much as KISS and Star Trek. Only 1% lower than TWD.
This game, more than any other, proves that theme + truly accessible gameplay is a winning combination on location.
Heighway can really take advantage here; it's a proven earner on location and a desirable theme for collectors.

+1

#2121 3 years ago

Crazy.. Poopy multiball... I heard Gary stern said no to the toilet and Kaminkow pushed it through.. I'm with Gary even though he was proven wrong.

#2122 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Even if they weren't thinking of doing Archer, they should really look into hiring Keith Elwin to do some games. His Archer design is outstanding and he said he would love to do contractual work as a pinball designer in the latest This Flippin' Podcast. Andrew Heighway is switched on, he has made some great staffing decisions, hiring Elwin and Zombie Yeti would be a great next move in my opinion.

Best idea ever. Somebody needs to produce Elwin's design.

#2123 3 years ago

Looks to me like there are probably enough clues out there on pinside, I would bet against SP. Wish there were more Alien info to quell the speculation! Licensing sucks at times

#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

The question is does Heighway want to sell to coin operators or collectors? Or to pinball "players"? There's room for all, I suppose.

#2125 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

The question is does Heighway want to sell to coin operators or collectors? Or to pinball "players"? There's room for all, I suppose.

Heighway isn't a boutique company looking to just sell to collectors, these are definitely built to be real commercial machines, and they're very interested in the operator market.

It just happens that there is not only room for all, but that features that appeal to ops (game swapping, easy repair) are also nicely relevant for home collectors too.

#2126 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heighway isn't a boutique company looking to just sell to collectors, these are definitely built to be real commercial machines, and they're very interested in the operator market.
It just happens that there is not only room for all, but that features that appeal to ops (game swapping, easy repair) are also nicely relevant for home collectors too.

Yeah, definitely. I know an op interested in Heighway's features(modular design and removable mechs), and he's also the sort of op that doesn't want a South Park because he hates the sound effects, doesn't care if it earns well or not. An op with an integrity.

#2127 3 years ago

Andrew, any news on availability of Chrome or polished chrome rails and lock down bar? Any new news at all? Expo next month ya know.

#2128 3 years ago

Maybe highway gives us a new footballpin. Uk company, so might sell alot localy and rest of europe.

#2129 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Andrew, any news on availability of Chrome or polished chrome rails and lock down bar? Any new news at all? Expo next month ya know.

I have my supplier looking into this now.

I'm looking into chrome and polished chrome. Polished chrome would look amazing, IMO, but would be a more expensive option.

I'm evaluating all finish options at the moment and will report back as soon as I have more news.

#2130 3 years ago

I'm ok with paying a little more for polished chrome as an option, black powder coat would also be nice.

#2131 3 years ago

Yeah I don't think adding on to the price a little to enhance perceived and ACTUAL value of collectibility will be an issue.

Thank you Andrew! Looking forward to updates on production.

#2132 3 years ago

Polished chrome would be excellent.

I volunteer to be a test-pilot on that option

#2133 3 years ago

Really like the ease of the playfield swap.

Alien is now on my radar, especially with a polished chrome cabinet option.

#2134 3 years ago

What is the difference from chrome to polished chrome? I have herd of polished aluminum which is awesome.

#2135 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What is the difference from chrome to polished chrome? I have herd of polished aluminum which is awesome.

Imagine polished aluminum, except ridiculous shiny steel. So polished, fingerprints don't stick.

#2136 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My Alien LE "might" be headed out to location. If I can part with it.

#2137 3 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Maybe highway gives us a new footballpin

A new Dr. WHO would be nice.

#2138 3 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

Your a true entrepreneur! I could never do that with mine.

#2139 3 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

image.jpg

#2140 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Your a true entrepreneur! I could never do that with mine.

I've placed multiple Stern LEs, my WOZ, and my MMRLE out on location. Might as well share the love. But Alien is where I may draw the line.

#2141 3 years ago

IMO, Archer is one of the more underrated shows of all time. The first time I watched in season one, I was like holy hell how are they getting away with this stuff. Pleased to say, it has pushed the envelope even further since then.

#2142 3 years ago

Pretty stoked that I just got in on the LE!

#2143 3 years ago

I'm in for polished chrome. Sign me up!

#2144 3 years ago

In regards to polished chrome. (referencing my Tron LE)

Looks AWESOME!

CAN'T keep it clean, shows fingerprints like crazy. But maybe its the "I have two small kids" factor.

#2145 3 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

In regards to polished chrome. (referencing my TRON LE)
Looks AWESOME!
CAN'T keep it clean, shows fingerprints like crazy. But maybe its the "I have two small kids" factor.

Ha.....I was thinking the same thing (TRON LE, as well, and I only have my hands on it mostly)......looks amazing, but have to wipe it down at the end of every session to get rid of "fingerprint city"......

#2146 3 years ago

Meh. Just scrub off those polished chrome parts with A fresh Brillo pad. I use mine dry and really dig in there.

#2147 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Meh. Just scrub off those polished chrome parts with A fresh Brillo pad. I use mine dry and really dig in there.

Ahhh...secrets revealed.."brushed chrome" corners on the lockdown......

#2148 3 years ago

As an owner of a TRON LE - I hate polished chrome. The fingerprints show like a sore thumb and after every round of play you need to wipe with polish. It looks great! - if you don't play your pins but I would never chose it - brushed chrome would be my poison of choice. It really does look great when clean but looks like shit covered in fingerprints. My 2c.

#2149 3 years ago

I tend to agree on the polished chrome issues myself. I have a beautiful game on loan from snaroff that's all chromed out, and it's a real looker, but the lockdown bar is a fingerprint magnet. I don't think I'd do it with my own games.

But I hear people on the green powdercoat maybe not being right. I would say that while it sucks to not know how it's gonna come out at this point, have faith that we're listening, and will make sure that the package is done up right so it looks great.

#2150 3 years ago

A lot of the surface finish in the movie is matt. With modern matt finishing that gives a smooth rather than chalky feel, I would be super interested in a matt finish.

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Göteborg, VäSTRA GöTALANDS LäN
There are 25274 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 506.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside