zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 428 of 601.
#21351 5 years ago

I advised him personally face-to-face on Monday to not do this, or at least be very very careful how he phrased himself because it was guaranteed to be taken in the most negative light possible - people wouldn't just read between the lines, they'd try and fly a blimp through them. :/

#21352 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

The Playboy license was first pitched to the upstairs team in, I think, 2014, and opinions ranged from the ambivalent to the really really outright hostile. This was before the brand itself was forced to sharply change direction and people really *did* end up having to read the magazine for the articles, but even back then I knew that a British company taking on a brand that was synonymous with bygone-America - particularly for the age range in an American-led market that would be expected to buy the machines - was a spectacularly bad idea that couldn't possibly be met with anything other than a hostile response.

Why do I get the feeling when you all said Andrew this is a really really bad idea he responded:

D9E94711-A38F-40C8-BE1B-FB4A3DF0446A (resized).jpegD9E94711-A38F-40C8-BE1B-FB4A3DF0446A (resized).jpeg

#21353 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A lot of people hear a lot of things.
But they don't SAY anything to stay in the good graces of pinball companies they want to be buddy-buddy with.

Or literally can't and have to suck it up if there is personal loss involved in not doing so, it would seem.

#21354 5 years ago

i cant believe somebody bought that aliens priced at 9200. i cant even stand looking at that pin. btw last year at allentown i believe there were 2 aliens on display. people going nuts over them. i did not want to even play it cause i wanted to play my pin for the first time.

#21355 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

people going nuts over them.

Yeah, including me. Going nuts because the Xeno head was disconnected and the ball took 6 times to come out of the VUK. It played like shit, both times I played it.

#21356 5 years ago

I always wondered how that console got its name.

#21357 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Statement From Andrew Heighway
I am truly sorry to hear about the turn of events announced today.
In June 2017 I sold my controlling stake in Heighway Pinball Limited – including its commitments and liabilities - to a group of investors who claimed to want to put significant funds into the company, achieve mass production and deliver part-paid and fully-paid games to customers, as well as new machine sales.
Throughout the five years that I ran the company, we developed and sold games up until the time of my departure. This was never a ponzi scheme, as some have suggested. A mix of technical problems, supplier quality problems and unrealistic timeframes resulted in delays that financially crippled the company. We were all committed to delivering games to all paying customers. I personally apologise for the unrealistic timeframes.
There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings. The company’s accountants have never suggested any wrongdoings by me. It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round. I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.
I very much regret that the company’s owners have closed the company without honouring its commitments to all paying customers and I wish everyone the best in pursuing their claims against the investors or via the insolvency practitioners.
This situation has appalled me and I am extremely sorry for the anguish that it will inevitably cause.
Andrew Heighway

Sorry to hear that you were just a victim in all of this Andrew. You clearly deserve to get the money that you are owed. Anyone who says otherwise should be sued for libel!

#21358 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You clearly deserve to get the money that you are owed.

Yes....and this!

#21359 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would say with 100+ downvotes on a single post, he’s successfully hated by our entire community.

Even his own mother thinks he's a wanker

#21360 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Now let’s see if the two biggest HP cheerleaders who downvoted and reported any post remotely questioning Andrews status and HP as a whole come out of the woodwork.....

as of today, whose side are you on?

iron maiden or wickerman2.

ironmaiden01 (resized).jpgironmaiden01 (resized).jpg

#21361 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

still not yours...

#21362 5 years ago

7AC5867A-069D-4033-8BF0-9D25B9D073DD (resized).png7AC5867A-069D-4033-8BF0-9D25B9D073DD (resized).png

#21363 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

I am on the side of all those that got screwed over and ripped off by Andrew and co.

Quoted from Whysnow:

still not yours...

2BF95A09-B74D-4DE1-BD70-58E490E48AE5.gif2BF95A09-B74D-4DE1-BD70-58E490E48AE5.gif

#21364 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

still not yours...

why in the world would I want you on my side?

some of us are curious. how much of a reward are you offering for someone to go to Wales and locate a few playfields and a box of parts?

#21365 5 years ago

Status update:

Like I posted earlier, we have paid in full for an Alien SE back in 2016.

We actually recevied a call from Roger Svanevik today. Basically to tell us that we where fucked and that our money was lost.

But,... it turns out that the CT container was for real. When the CT-deal fell through, these machines were sold elsewhere.

It also turns out that Umbrella Corporation has Alien LEs for sale. Free-Play.se also has Alien LEs for sale (Both these distributors are owned by people who are owners / have representation in the board of directors at both Heighway Pinball and Pinball Brothers.)

Roger Svanevik then offered to sell us an Alien Pinball. This time an LE.

This is the same guy who assured us that Heighway would ship our game by the end of 2017.

Charming.

#21366 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

some of us are curious. how much of a reward are you offering for someone to go to Wales and locate a few playfields and a box of parts?

#21367 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

Status update:
We actually recevied a call from Roger Svanevik today. Basically to tell us that we where fucked and that our money was lost.
But,... it turns out that the CT container was for real. When the CT-deal fell through, these machines were sold elsewhere.
It also turns out that Umbrella Corporation has Alien LEs for sale. Free-Play.se also has Alien LEs for sale (Both these distributors are owned by people who are owners / have representation in the board of directors at both Heighway Pinball and Pinball Brothers.)
This is the same guy who assured us that Heighway would ship our game by the end of 2017.
Charming.

This story is getting very bizarre . I sincerely hope that this is not legal (folding one company to sell off other peoples games)

#21368 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

Status update:
Charming.

c'mon man, April fools day was 26 days ago.

#21369 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

Status update:
Charming.

Seems pretty honest that people that own both companies are filling bankruptcy at heighway but are also buying the games from heighway and selling them for profit in their other company. But hey, we can still get you that LE....

#21370 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i cant believe somebody bought that aliens priced at 9200. i cant even stand looking at that pin. btw last year at allentown i believe there were 2 aliens on display. people going nuts over them. i did not want to even play it cause i wanted to play my pin for the first time.

I totally remember trying to get you to play a game with Cam and me. I thought it was cool you were waiting for "your baby" to be the first time you played. Andrew sucks...

#21371 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

c'mon man, April fools day was 26 days ago.

Not joking. The same guys keep on popping up as owners, directors and distributors.

#21372 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

I can't imagine buying anything from this group of shysters. Who in their right mind is going to wire them funds at this point? With the promise that your game will go out in the next container!?

#21373 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

Charming.

GTFO!! What a scam. I lost my deposit from Oct 2014 but no way in hell they are getting a dime from me. Especially as shady as this is sounding.

#21374 5 years ago

I honestly don't doubt that Roger & co are the ones who have lost the most money in this mess. Still, I am not impressed by their way of handling business, so have precious little sympathy. Good luck to all actual Alien owners; hopefully Pinball Brothers won't fleece you too horribly when you need spare parts in the future.

#21375 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

Status update:
Charming.

Wait. Did he want you to pay the current LE price? or did he want you to ad the difference of what you paid towards your SE to upgrade to an LE? It doesn't matter either way, im just curious if he was telling you "hey we lost your 6500 you sent us, but send us $7500 more and we will send you an LE"

#21376 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Why would I do that? You fail at any semblance of logic if you think this = SkitB matter even remotely.

#21377 5 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Wait. Did he want you to pay the current LE price? or did he want you to ad the difference of what you paid towards your SE to upgrade to an LE? It doesn't matter either way, im just curious if he was telling you "hey we lost your 6500 you sent us, but send us $7500 more and we will send you an LE"

He basically said that he couldn't give us a machine for free as a form of compensation, but that we might be able to strike a deal if we were interested in a machine.
He was fishing for an offer in the ballpark full LE price.

#21378 5 years ago

Gametime!
Thank you www.retroarcade.se
He always keeps his promises.

DSC_0062 (resized).JPGDSC_0062 (resized).JPG

#21379 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

Status update:
Charming.

It would be interesting if you get this in writing somehow.

#21380 5 years ago

Olaa you dont need to rub it in on those
that never will see either the pin or money.

#21381 5 years ago
Quoted from Robert__:

Olaa you dont need to rub it in on those
that never will see either the pin or money.

Pinball pictures are never wrong

#21382 5 years ago

There are times for everthing

and I also see a smerk !

#21383 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I totally remember trying to get you to play a game with Cam and me. I thought it was cool you were waiting for "your baby" to be the first time you played. Andrew sucks...

and 3 downvotes for that post. really pinside!!??

#21384 5 years ago

I dont get it either , and whatsup with
these anon account , why cant you display
who you are where you from ??

#21385 5 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Gametime!
Thank you http://www.retroarcade.se
He always keeps his promises.

Great pic Ola, it would be great to know how many of us LE owners there is

#21386 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

Status update:
Charming.

So did Heighway sell them to the Umbrella Corporation?

This is pretty fucked up.

I can't see how any of this is legal.

#21387 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

Status update:
Charming.

My compliments to Cointaker for getting TFO.

#21388 5 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Great pic Ola, it would be great to know how many of us LE owners there is

Yes fredrik from örebro sweden
Why dont you ask daniel ??

#21389 5 years ago
Quoted from Tim_may:

I have no information regarding the transactions that have been made between Heighway Pinball/Pinball Brothers / distributors. Wish I had.

#21390 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

Status update:
Charming.

Wow, talk about having giant balls, what a dick!

[image removed]

#21391 5 years ago

The_Umbrella_Corporation_Logo (resized).jpgThe_Umbrella_Corporation_Logo (resized).jpg

#21392 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.

It's pretty funny when a rat who jumps off a sinking ship complains about people calling him a rat.

Quick translation: "Guys, I feel really bad about this, but it wasn't my fault and you better not call me names or I'll sue the shit out of you."

#21393 5 years ago
Quoted from Tim_may:

That would be a great point to bring up on May 4th. Because if they did sell a containers worth of games to themselves then there ought to be a ton of money in Heighways bank account. Which should be used to pay back the people that didn't get their games.

#21394 5 years ago

Andrew’s post now has more downvotes than games his defunct company shipped.

#21395 5 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

It's pretty funny when a rat who jumps off a sinking ship complains about people calling him a rat.
Quick translation: "Guys, I feel really bad about this, but it wasn't my fault and you better not call me names or I'll sue the shit out of you."

C'mon; he apologized. Didn't offer any financial restitution though. Maybe tomorrow.

Do you hate his fcukin' guts or is it just me?

#21396 5 years ago

Don't know what's worse ... Andrew running the company into the ground, the existing owners relaunching HP1.5, transferring assets to new company and then running HP 1.5 into the ground or hearing Afterbirth HP 2.0 is open for business and ready to take your money. You are cautioned to stay far away from these guys. They have 40 LE's they took from HP 1.5 and now are looking to sell them retail and to ditch all previous obligations. These guys have balls and no brains. Does that about cover it? bobukcat stealing your attachment for Andrew as it also apples to HP investors.

[image removed]

#21397 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

He basically said that he couldn't give us a machine for free as a form of compensation, but that we might be able to strike a deal if we were interested in a machine.
He was fishing for an offer in the ballpark full LE price.

So they rake you over the coals and he called to see if you wanted a second round?

#21398 5 years ago

People buying these said LE's are basically receiving stolen property. They have been paid for by other people.
I wouldn't touch one.
No dog in this fight but got fully fucked on Predator, so I know where a lot of you are and I feel VERY bad for you.

#21399 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I advised him personally face-to-face on Monday to not do this, or at least be very very careful how he phrased himself because it was guaranteed to be taken in the most negative light possible - people wouldn't just read between the lines, they'd try and fly a blimp through them. :/

Since when does he follow good advice?

#21400 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

People buying these said LE's are basically receiving stolen property

Mine has blue trim. Keep an eye out for it.

Business folding is one thing, but selling these games now is criminal. Literally. What’s Interpol’s number?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 428 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/428 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.