zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 420 of 601.
#20951 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious why? What I mean is someone like stern buys the rights to produce it and does it right. The feedback from majority that play a working version love it so I would think you get backing from a well proven manufacturer and stern obtains a proven machine with amazing appeal

Because they would have to redesign the game mechanically and electronically -not to mention coding - and possibly deal with the legal fallout and possible licensing issues in the aftermath the Heighway disaster. And hey, now they have to set up a new line for widebodies?

Or...they can just keep turning out hits like Iron Maiden without worrying about any of that bullshit.

Again...what’s the incentive to get involved In the Heighway clusterfuck, except for that fact that some people really like Alien? “Amazing appeal” or not It simply makes zero sense for any of the other companies to do this.

#20952 5 years ago

Holy shit... After losing nearly 5k in the Predator scam, I feel extremely lucky to have gotten my paid in full Alien LE order fully refunded back in September. But it still sucks to see these two themes shit the bed.

#20953 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Seems like it's going to become a rare title and jump in value if the company folds.

Only 73 Full Throttles produced and the prices have been in free fall. Rarity doesn't always translate to value.

#20954 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious why? What I mean is someone like stern buys the rights to produce it and does it right. The feedback from majority that play a working version love it so I would think you get backing from a well proven manufacturer and stern obtains a proven machine with amazing appeal

Too much risk for Stern, not nearly enough reward. With the ACDC Premium window thingy, I'd bet they wouldn't want to start dabbling with sub-playfield monitors, nor would want to do any of the following come to think of it - Redo the backbox, the side art, the interchangeable/module sub-assemblies, hardware that's different than their standard (and resulting inventory of those items for spares and whatnot)... and isn't Alien a widebody? So a whole new cabinet for them as well, all to end up with a game that will sell at the Prem price point, yet they could've just made another cornerstone game in less time to begin with.

#20955 5 years ago

Also, I went back to the 1st post and gave HP their first down vote. I feel like they deserve it after all this.

#20956 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

BTW it's ALIEN DAY tomorrow!
We've started ordering our yearly cakes!

Lmao I forgot about that one. Heading out to the hallmark store now.

#20957 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Imagine the good will if he were to donate it to some type of good cause like that Pinball raffle thing...

could also save the freight if he donated it to a cause over there.

#20958 5 years ago

pinball infamy “the notorious container load of alien pinball machines”!

I can’t wait to see the picture of it!

#20959 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-se-for-sale-or-trade-for-iron-maiden-le

$12000 anyone?

Yikes, for a game that won't be repairable anytime soon.....

#20960 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-se-for-sale-or-trade-for-iron-maiden-le
$12000 anyone?

Price seems low

#20961 5 years ago

Remember when the investors made their first announcement, and I said that outside of them, I as the game's designer had the most to lose? That wasn't hyperbole. I hope Aurich does get his machine, because he knows what I'm talking about. I wish I was in a better position to give my side of the story, but I can't because right now I'm a focal point in between two parties, I have to remain neutral, and I've got to let things play out between them first.

#20962 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious why?

the question is what would it take to do it, what are those costs and when all is said and done and is there enough upside to do it . . .

1) replace electronics, not like any existing company would want to use a different control system then then use and have to maintain it, make the boards, etc. so what does it take to re-engineer and port it over to that companies platform.
2) Code -- this also likely needs to be ported to a different system, what is the time/cost of doing that? Can the original developers do it, or would that require getting them up to speed on the new platform vs re-doing it with one of your own developers. How much re-work to assets is needed, etc.
3) Cabinet -- hard to see anyone keeping the current cabinet design, so what is involved in re-engineering the game for a different cabinet, power supply, etc.
4) its a wide body game (and not sure if it is even standard wide body dimensions) -- so, can this playfield size go down the existing assembly line.
5) Are new vendors going to be needed for the game specific parts, meaning if current vendors are owed money are they going to be willing to be involved. Tooling costs?
6) Are the current unique mechs reliable, or do they also need to be re-engineered, etc.
7) you need to renew the license with fox, and given the issues with this, they may certainly want more money this time and a larger guarantee. They may also decide they just don't want to do it.
8 What do you do with those who paid for machines and never got them, you have no real requirement to make things right but does that leave a cloud handing over this.

So you have all of those costs, all of these downsides, so how much are you now willing to spend to acquire the 'assets'? What are they really worth given how much needs to be done? Probably not enough for this to make this make sense. Not saying it is impossible, but, there are some pretty big hurdles to overcome and very little upside vs doing your own title.

#20963 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

the question is what would it take to do it, what are those costs and when all is said and done and is there enough upside to do it . . .
1) replace electronics, not like any existing company would want to use a different control system then then use and have to maintain it, make the boards, etc. so what does it take to re-engineer and port it over to that companies platform.
2) Code -- this also likely needs to be ported to a different system, what is the time/cost of doing that? Can the original developers do it, or would that require getting them up to speed on the new platform vs re-doing it with one of your own developers. How much re-work to assets is needed, etc.
3) Cabinet -- hard to see anyone keeping the current cabinet design, so what is involved in re-engineering the game for a different cabinet, power supply, etc.
4) its a wide body game (and not sure if it is even standard wide body dimensions) -- so, can this playfield size go down the existing assembly line.
5) Are new vendors going to be needed for the game specific parts, meaning if current vendors are owed money are they going to be willing to be involved. Tooling costs?
6) Are the current unique mechs reliable, or do they also need to be re-engineered, etc.
7) you need to renew the license with fox, and given the issues with this, they may certainly want more money this time and a larger guarantee. They may also decide they just don't want to do it.
What do you do with those who paid for machines and never got them, you have no real requirement to make things right but does that leave a cloud handing over this.
So you have all of those costs, all of these downsides, so how much are you now willing to spend to acquire the 'assets'? What are they really worth given how much needs to be done? Probably not enough for this to make this make sense. Not saying it is impossible, but, there are some pretty big hurdles to overcome and very little upside vs doing your own title.

But the game has amazing appeal!!

#20964 5 years ago

How long will the disbursement of assets take?

My Guess is Two Weeks.

#20965 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

8 What do you do with those who paid for machines and never got them, you have no real requirement to make things right but does that leave a cloud handing over this.

fc2fca5 (resized).jpgfc2fca5 (resized).jpg

#20966 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But the game has amazing appeal!!

It's my GRAIL THEME!!!!!!!

God, I hate that phrase.

#20967 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

More like Braille theme....cause you ain't seeing this one

#20968 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

God, I hate that phrase.

Grail theme
World under glass
Just one more game
The colors really pop
10k by Xmas
"license"

#20969 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

No worries! You JPOP victims were the first to get screwed over in what ended up being a long line of shitty pinball people. If I'm ever in a place to buy you a beer, I'd love to.

beer?!? hah! kim's only good at stealing all my good whiskey!

#20970 5 years ago

$12000 anyone?

World's first disposable game. Play until it breaks and then put it out on the curb.

MI1.gifMI1.gif

#20971 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Play until it breaks and then ...

part it out for a net profit.

#20972 5 years ago

Now that the's blood in the water , time for the pinside sharks to feast . Eat up!

Sorry to the PIF people who are no doubt upset at this news.

#20973 5 years ago

A fun look down Memory Lane....

a9b (resized).JPGa9b (resized).JPG

a9c (resized).JPGa9c (resized).JPG

a9d (resized).JPGa9d (resized).JPG

a1 (resized).JPGa1 (resized).JPG

a2 (resized).JPGa2 (resized).JPG

a3 (resized).JPGa3 (resized).JPG

a4 (resized).JPGa4 (resized).JPG

a5 (resized).JPGa5 (resized).JPG

a6 (resized).JPGa6 (resized).JPG

a7 (resized).JPGa7 (resized).JPG

a8 (resized).JPGa8 (resized).JPG

a9 (resized).JPGa9 (resized).JPG

a9a (resized).JPGa9a (resized).JPG

#20974 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

A fun look down Memory Lane....

And in post #14052 Hilton says your the one who looks silly Ted. Hahahaha

#20975 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

God, I hate that phrase.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Grail theme
World under glass
Just one more game
The colors really pop
10k by Xmas
"license"

Don't forget, Immersive and Robust.

#20976 5 years ago

$12000 anyone?

Maybe it's the "Supreme" edition???

#20977 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

And in post #14052 Hilton says your the one who looks silly Ted. Hahahaha

Hey look, I'm sorry people lost money, but I feel nothing for the company. They could have come clean....

#20978 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hey look, I'm sorry people lost money, but I feel nothing for the company. They could have come clean....

Agreed.

#20979 5 years ago

Posts and comments have started "disappearing" on Heighway's facebook page (including two of mine). Someone is obviously active over there. It's almost funny if this is an attempt at doing damage control.

#20980 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

so....Oktoberfest or Alien? ....I know which one may sell better

200233-alien-big-chap-005 (resized).jpg200233-alien-big-chap-005 (resized).jpg

#20981 5 years ago

good bye 6500

#20982 5 years ago

a dealer in The Netherlands is selling his demo-Alien pinball ... now I know why...

#20983 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Remember the good ol days when due diligence and raising an eyebrow towards this company was the recipe for 35 down votes?

I got 50. But I admit... I enjoyed a bunch of beer before I shared my thoughts so... LOL.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball?tu=jefff#op

This current situation really sucks. I have a good friend who has been all in for a couple years on an LE and he's getting totally screwed. I really, truly, honestly hate Andrew Heighway.

#20984 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Man well said. I totally understand and agree with you there. I guess this really could be it. Such a shame.

#20985 5 years ago

Andrew is a f@ck twat...

#20986 5 years ago

Anyone who wants an alien next to their magic girl, I'll let mine go for 12.5K

#20987 5 years ago

Yeah, it's easy for some of us to get caught up in the drama and overlook the good people that are really effected and hurt in all of this.
My sincere condolences to everyone taking a hit here.

#20988 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yeah, it's easy for some of us to get caught up in the drama and overlook the good people that are really effected and hurt in all of this.
My sincere condolences to everyone taking a hit here.

I agree - really hate the way all this went down. Seemed like it was turning around when I picked one up...

#20989 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Only 73 Full Throttles produced and the prices have been in free fall. Rarity doesn't always translate to value.

Wrong
I get (got) monthly production numbers for this title.

#20990 5 years ago

(edited by mod team) I'm just saying the game is amazing but as others laid out it doesn't make sense. In not a developer or manufacturer so I wasn't aware of the complete effort to get this going regardless of it's stern or not.

#20991 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Wrong
I get (got) monthly production numbers for this title.

OK. So what are they?

#20992 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Levi - if there is one thing you do well it's being a dick. Somewhere in that bald head of yours is some good info but man you make it hard to talk to you. I'm just saying the game is amazing but as others laid out it doesn't make sense. In not a developer or manufacturer so I wasn't aware of the complete effort to get this going regardless of it's stern or not.

I said the exact same thing as Rosh did but in fewer words, and I certainly didn't insult you like you just did me. I have no idea why you are being pissy.

It's not my fault the Alien project was a complete failure in every way.

#20993 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I said the exact same thing as Rosh did but in fewer words. I have no idea why you are being pissy.

That's exactly my point. You have some good feedback but you have to be a dick at the end and always looking to piss people off. I appreciated Rosh's explanation bc there was no judgment. You should take a cue from him and get some class. Simple as that. I don't care if you don't just throwing it out there. I'm leaving it at that.

#20994 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's exactly my point. You have some good feedback but you have to be a dick at the end and always looking to piss people off. I appreciated Rosh's explanation bc there was no judgment. You should take a cue from him and get some class. Simple as that. I don't care if you don't just throwing it out there. I'm leaving it at that.

You just called me a bald dick for absolutely no good reason.

Thanks for the lessons in class. I'm leaving it at that.

#20995 5 years ago

Aren’t they all?

#20998 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That was my thought!

Beat u to it?

#20999 5 years ago

I had bigger fish to fry, like trying to figure out once and for all if me or Alien Guy has more class!

#21000 5 years ago

1: Someone with a machine strip that mother down and get a ton of spare parts made, sell them to everyone with a machine.
2: Everyone with a machine who doesn't know how to fix things, sell it to people who do
3: Drive prices up through careful market control
4: ???
5: Every edition becomes a limited collectors edition.

This sucks, and I hope people get machines, but this thread has been nothing but depressing for the past 2 years anyways. It's like putting down a sick dog. Just let this pupper go fellas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 420 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/420?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.