• 24,651 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,840 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24651 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 494.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

American Express has a 1 % "Foreign Transaction" Fee and the standard "foreign transaction" fee is pretty much 3% for the rest of the ca

Wrong ! As of this year Amex Starwood card has no foreign transaction fees.

#2052 3 years ago

I'm really impressed by the modular design concept. Not just at the game level, but also at the component level. That took some time and money to engineer, well done.

Alien will be on my radar screen...the exchange rate affect is interesting.

#2053 3 years ago

Love the modular design. Is the glass able to be replaced with PDI or inviszglass?

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is the glass able to be replaced with PDI or inviszglass?

Yep.

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Wrong ! As of this year Amex Starwood card has no foreign transaction fees.

That's good information! Like I said, I'm no expert on the matter, just sharing my experience. I wouldn't have known that Amex Starwood changed their policy this year. My first call was to a different banks Visa card and they said it was standard to charge a 3% foreign transaction fee and it's a good thing I didn't take that as final and made some more calls to get to no fee. That was Amex Bank of America at 1%. The more information we all have here, the better I think. So many different versions of Visa and Amex credit cards out there. I just wanted people to know that there are 0 dollar foreign transaction options out there that still pay a % back.

There are different shipping options as well, maybe some people will choose to ship by sea and go pick up at the hub to save those costs all together. I'm impatient and don't have much time so I shared what I would do. I see you've got a full throttle, that's awesome!

#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

Total Recall, would be an awesome theme to work with.

How long before its ready? 2 weeks...........

I'll get my coat!

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

How long before its ready? 2 weeks...........
I'll get my coat!

yes thats right. 2 weeks !

#2058 3 years ago

I still can't hear or say 2 weeks without thinking of Total Recall, if fact I can't even say it properly, it always comes out a little strange, twoooooooo weeeeeeks. What a great film, one of my favorites.

total-recall-two-weeks-490.jpg

#2059 3 years ago

TR-07-Cab.JPG

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I vote for Blade Runner as the next licenced theme. Tyrell multi ball .
Time to die
-Jeff

Dream theme!

#2061 3 years ago

Work with those guys and put out Forbidden Planet...

FP_poster_art_1_sh.jpg

#2062 3 years ago

Forbidden Planet or Blade Runner would be instant purchases for me!

#2063 3 years ago

Come on guys, we all know the next theme should be evil dead/army of darkness.

#2064 3 years ago

Welcome Back, Kotter or Rockford Files

#2065 3 years ago

Starsky & Hutch

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Hell yes! That's the only other theme that would be right up there with Alien for me. Well, except for GoT <cue sad music....>

Really excited about the new tv show coming out.

#2067 3 years ago

I think Heighway has the most interesting title of the pins in the works from boutiques right now. Can't wait to see some pictures or progress video. I've gone through the thread and either I haven't had enough coffee, my eyes are going bad, or there isn't a definite timeframe on when the next update is coming. Anyone remember the latest and care to share?

#2068 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I can imagine hooks on the wall to hang the beautiful playfields.

Yes! They should make a kit that you can plug in the wall & run power to the playfield. Can you imagine it on the wall hanging lit up!? That would be sweet!

#2069 3 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Anyone remember the latest and care to share?

I think the next update we are still waiting to see is the newly revised whitewood.

#2070 3 years ago

Was doing some research on Aliens today and stumbled across this little gem, Decepticon toy used as a prop in the movie:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=106179

Funny stuff.

#2071 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Was doing some research on Aliens today and stumbled across this little gem, Decepticon toy used as a prop in the movie:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=106179
Funny stuff.

Ha! I had one of those as a kid.

#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Ha! I had one of those as a kid.

Me too, exact same one. Gonna have to look for it in the film myself now.

#2073 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Love this movie and would totally buy it as a theme. I've met B.C. and it's unfortunate that he's a dick in real life but I'll be watching the show.

Andrew did mention wanting to do a family theme and I would like to see Princess Bride get the treatment.

#2074 3 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Love this movie and would totally buy it as a theme. I've met B.C. and it's unfortunate that he's a dick in real life but I'll be watching the show.
Andrew did mention wanting to do a family theme and I would like to see Princess Bride get the treatment.

If he secured Alien, no telling what is up his sleeve....... Good thing the play fields will be interchangeable....got a bad feeling for my wallet in the near future.....

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Bruce_and_Ted.jpg

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

That's a shame if Bruce is a dick in real life. Never met him, but his autobiography, "If Chins Could Kill" is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

#2077 3 years ago

Another vote for evil dead /army of darkness. Chins could kill was great. Sometimes better to not meet your heroes. My sons name is "ash"

#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Sometimes better to not meet your heroes.

So true.

#2079 3 years ago

Will this game be shown at Expo?

#2080 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I still can't hear or say 2 weeks without thinking of Total Recall, if fact I can't even say it properly, it always comes out a little strange, twoooooooo weeeeeeks. What a great film, one of my favorites.
total-recall-two-weeks-490.jpg

That or the Money Pit:

Tom Hanks was absolutely hilarious in that movie. Been a fan ever since.

#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That or the Money Pit:

Another favorite of mine, "I just thought she was good looking wool" classic

tumblr_ljvv7wzRed1qa9siqo1_500.gif

#2082 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha. Well since this is the Alien thread, and I can be partisan without being dickish, I'll try and sell you on Alien over GOT. They don't really compete, GoT will be shipping first, but it's the flavor of the moment, so why not?
Here's where I think Stern's strategy is a real failure: the Pro/Premium thing lets them offer a cheaper price, but it bifurcates their games in a way that holds them back. Let me explain.
Alien has 4 flippers. You can't buy a version of the game without 4, they're built into the basic shot strategy. GOT only has 4 flippers sometimes. You can use them for the miniplayfield, but you can't make that central to the rules (like say TSPP does). Since the Pro doesn't have them you have to make the upper playfield secondary. Or make the rules just utterly different from Pro to PremLE. Which is weird, and more work, and isn't going to help with code updates being timely.
Alien has full RGB lighting, every single light. GOT has RGB (inserts, pops, and maybe spots?), and only a handful of inserts on the Pro. So you can't rely on the colored lighting for the rules on every shot. You have to hold back on creativity. And I'm betting the Pro can only do 6 colors. I once asked Dwight Sullivan to make the Klingon Multiball insert color orange instead of red, so it wouldn't be confusing when you stack it with Klingon Battle. He replied that he couldn't, because the Pro can't do orange. Just the 6 colors of the main inserts.
If we want a mode on Alien where the GI dims, and then parts of the GI flare up orange, and the inserts around them go orange, and we simulate that part of the playfield being on fire? Can do it. And we can make that a part of the rules, because every model will have that feature.
GOT can't do that. GI can't go orange. Pro doesn't have enough RGB lights to do that (and probably can't do orange anyways).
I can tell you right now there's a mode in Alien that uses the color changing lights that couldn't be done without them. It's really cool to have them on every shipping game, you don't have to hold back.
Alien display: High rez LCD screen. Movie clips, instructions, scores and stats? No problem. GOT: Low rez dots. We haven't seen them yet. We know that if they try to use clips from the show they're going to be a smeary mess though.
Alien Standard is more feature equipped than the Stern Premium, for the same price.
LE is price competitive too (not sure exactly how close, have to see latest quotes, Stern just raised prices) but comes with the interactive topper, no $400 extra charge from the store. Comes with fiberoptic lighting, ala Tron. Exclusive LE art package.
Right now Heighway is simply offering more for your money than Stern. They don't have a cheaper Pro option, it's true. If that's your price point go Stern. But look at the GOT Pro. It's pretty sad without that upper playfield, it's like a whole different game. How is the code going to work across these two models? The Pro doesn't feel like the one to pick here.
Heighway is new, still lots to prove, and Alien is still being worked on and GOT is close to shipping. You have to make your own calls. But I think we're going to deliver a killer game, I'm really looking forward to the first time I get to flip it.
Also, if you're still reading this long ass post, you did ask for a tease. Hmm. Let's just say that I hope you like multiballs ...

You make excellent points in this post and those following... but reading through some of the valued extras the Heighway LE comes with as standard you may have forgotten a $$ doozey. A shaker motor. Included.

Also, wanted to add I either read or learned by video, all Heighway pinball cabinets regardless of version come with a real knocker, not simulated! It's nice to see a little of the old school pinball essence being preserved and not eliminated for whatever reason on a modern sophisticated machine of today.

There's no denying the extras in the Heighway value you outlined so articulately. Thank you, this was a good read.

#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

the Heighway LE comes with as standard you may have forgotten a $$ doozey. A shaker motor. Included.

I'm a crappy spokesman, I didn't even know that.

Quoted from Yipykya:

all Heighway pinball cabinets regardless of version come with a real knocker, not simulated!

Didn't know that either. But man, so glad to hear it. Digital knockers suck, real ones rule. Take that as you will.

#2084 3 years ago

I want this pin to be done already so I can rip some games on one. Without me going back through all 50 pages on this thread, anybody have any pics of the BG, cab and PF artwork they can post / repost?

#2085 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

all Heighway pinball cabinets regardless of version come with a real knocker

Crying shame but my very first action will be to un plug it, my dogs petrified of them

Unless heighway provide mops??

#2086 3 years ago

I'm wondering if there will be a video mode(game within the game on the screen in play-field)? That would be nice! Hopefully Alien pinball will turn into a series of machines with Alien VS Predator somewhere down the line.

#2087 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I want this pin to be done already so I can rip some games on one. Without me going back through all 50 pages on this thread, anybody have any pics of the BG, cab and PF artwork they can post / repost?

Nothing released yet. Could be a few weeks or months. But it's totally gonna be worth waiting for. We'll certainly see a dedicated thread when that happens.

#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

No, but I trust the guy doing the art.

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Yep, and don't forget, Andrew has 2 more major licensed titled themes they are currently working on to showcase after Alien.
If your one to collect the playfields for the sheer breadth of a diverse and perhaps an eclectic degree of play experiences, I would imagine those playfields would quickly grow in number considering Heighway's plans on producing multiple titles per year. ...And why not? ...it would be a fraction of the cost and space needed than buying and housing entire nib cabineted machines.

Isn't one of them supposed to be South Park?

#2090 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I really hope so. I know it's not everyone's first choice, but if they did it right, there is so much potential for humour, it would be awesome!

#2091 3 years ago

There was already a South Park, why would someone make another one? I'm not against it but it seems there are so many other themes that don't have a pinball machine.

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

There was already a South Park, why would someone make another one?

Because the Sega version of South Park is... how to say it politely... well, I can't say it politely. See what I mean?

#2093 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Heighway has commented on a couple occasions saying, they are working on a "adult" themed cartoon that has been done as a pin before. To me the most logical is South Park. Look at TSPP, Data East had done it, then Stern came alone and made it into a masterpiece. The same could be done with SP. It would sell like hot cakes, I sure hope they do it, it would be a great move & a $ maker for a young company!

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Heighway has commented on a couple occasions saying, they are working on a "adult" themed cartoon that has been done as a pin before.

Right here:

http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=heavy+metal&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#5175

I could see them being sneaky and going THAT far back.

#2095 3 years ago

Aurich, when do you think the artwork will be revealed?

#2096 3 years ago

I don't mind SP but I'd buy another Simpsons to put next to my Tspp

#2097 3 years ago

Hopefully Alien will also have the backlit side cabinet cut outs / artwork that Full Throttle has. I'm imagining it will, or Andrew and his team have come up with something similar.

#2098 3 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Aurich, when do you think the artwork will be revealed?

When it's ready.

I love talking about this project with people, and I'm happy to hint drop where I think it's appropriate, but the one thing I just can't do is offer any timeline guesses. Not my role.

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Hopefully Alien will also have the backlit side cabinet cut outs / artwork that Full Throttle has. I'm imagining it will, or Andrew and his team have come up with something similar.

It will be the same I belive.

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Oh yeah, it will for sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
There are 24651 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside