zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,030 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 601.
#20901 5 years ago

Shit show, good job to the big $$$ investors..... K called it!

#20902 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

News on the UK pinball forum is not good, not good at all.

Link?

#20904 5 years ago

I haven't the foggiest clue what is going on, zero inside info to share. But I am talking with an import broker about my machine, so in theory if nothing else I'll get my game out of all this ...

#20906 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Maybe not all the investors had much of a say in whats happened..

Maybe they were kept completely in the dark..

#20907 5 years ago

Who could possibly say they didn't expect this at this point?

#20910 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Please, let's not give "K" too much credit here. I don't mind him but let's not make him into an Oracle. It isn't like nobody could see the writing on the wall (patterns of most businesses under stress are usually very obvious to anyone looking). Vegas odds haven't been good for years when it comes to HW survival. Everyone wanted to believe but very few actually did. "K" was just the only one to expend so much energy "calling it".

unfortunate news, if true.

#20911 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Broken link/was the post taken down?

Must join Pinball Enthusiasts on FB

#20912 5 years ago

A credible pinball manufacturer really needs to pick this game up, do a little rework for longevity, and sell the crap out of them.

#20913 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

A credible pinball manufacturer really needs to pick this game up, do a little rework for longevity, and sell the crap out of them.

Spooky

#20914 5 years ago

Can someone post the info here? ...I can't get to any of the links posted (I'm at work).

#20915 5 years ago

Horror themed, so would be a perfect fit in that regard.

#20916 5 years ago

I don't think Spooky would want to touch this project with a 10 foot (or longer) pole.

#20917 5 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Please, let's not give "K" too much credit here. I don't mind him but let's not make him into an Oracle. It isn't like nobody could see the writing on the wall (patterns of most businesses under stress are usually very obvious to anyone looking). Vegas odds haven't been good for years when it comes to HW survival. Everyone wanted to believe but very few actually did. "K" was just the only one to expend so much energy "calling it".
unfortunate news, if true.

Many predicted this last Summer. Anyway K said LE pics this morning - no pics!

Anyone know what happened to the container of games that were scheduled to go to Cointaker?

If rumors true, liquidators will now have all the assets at HP HQ.

#20918 5 years ago

Spooky has all the business they need AND want at the moment.

#20919 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Many predicted this last Summer. Anyway K said LE pics this morning - no pics!
Anyone know what happened to the container of games that were scheduled to go to Cointaker?
If rumors true, liquidators will now have all the assets at HP HQ.

Either:

1) The container never existed / wasn't ready to go
2) Most/all of the pins that were due to go out have been sold to others in Europe
3) The container never left due to CT backing out due to a breakdown in the relationship / lack of confidence

Any of those three are possible to be honest, with 3 being the least likely in my opinion.

#20920 5 years ago

CT backing out would be the best business decision to make. Get out before Heighway sinks them too.

#20921 5 years ago

And thats all folks!

3A2ADC0A-89C2-4EF2-87C9-8577EE0C4935 (resized).jpeg3A2ADC0A-89C2-4EF2-87C9-8577EE0C4935 (resized).jpeg

#20922 5 years ago

Looks like it's time to do inhouse welding for my broken wireform...

Ferret - how about that new code!

#20923 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Either:
1) The container never existed / wasn't ready to go
2) Most/all of the pins that were due to go out have been sold to others in Europe
3) The container never left due to CT backing out due to a breakdown in the relationship / lack of confidence
Any of those three are possible to be honest, with 3 being the least likely in my opinion.

#3 is pretty close to what Melissa told me: The container was ready to go, but CT wouldn't authorize payment without assurances that HW would make good on spare parts and support.

#20924 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

#3 is pretty close to what Melissa told me: The container was ready to go, but CT wouldn't authorize payment without assurances that HW would make good on spare parts and support.

If that is the case, CT should thank its lucky stars....Highway could have simply promised them the moon to get the funds for the container..I am kind of surprised they did not in fact do that....Companies on the edge of oblivion often do anything to stay alive for even a little bit longer....

#20925 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Fair dos. I'm very cynical, so would've assumed they would take money and then tell CT the container was delayed "for some reason" while they actually tried to source the parts / build the machines they'd told them were ready to ship.

Complete shambles whichever way you look at it. What kind of company can't produce even a manual for the game, it is staggering.

EDIT: What he said ^

#20926 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Yup, multiple sources saying that it is true. Heighway Pinball Ltd have gone into administration.
A sad end to a shambolic tale.

Yeah - if it’s the end. I think this is a scam to clean the debt book sell the assets to a new company rinse and repeat.

#20927 5 years ago

aliensassedkicked (resized).jpgaliensassedkicked (resized).jpg

#20928 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Yeah - if it’s the end. I think this is a scam to clean the debt book sell the assets to a new company rinse and repeat.

Yup, pre-pack liquidation seems likely.

#20929 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Can't believe they managed to sell a container worth between the CT news and this latest. They weren't even responding to potential sales, we tried sending them emails and calling saying we was ready to purchase just to see what sort of response we'd get and well could never get in touch. I can imagine whatever built games were there could have been taken by whosoever's left at the company as a final pay check though...

#20930 5 years ago

It sounds like once CT ended the relationship the lack of US channel was too much. Damn sorry to hear. Like others mentioned if I'm a pin company I'm buying this up right now and building as it's amazing

#20931 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Well, if that is true, surely they would have done this last Summer?

And there is no property owned, liabilities are going to exceed assets?

#20932 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It sounds like once CT ended the relationship the lack of US channel was too much.

I suspect receivership was already in progress before CT cut their losses.

#20933 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Like others mentioned if I'm a pin company I'm buying this up right now and building as it's amazing

What would this mean for people with stakes in the game? If it's gets moved over to another company that is. Guessing nothing good, but has anything like this been done before and if so what was the outcome?

#20934 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It sounds like once CT ended the relationship the lack of US channel was too much. Damn sorry to hear. Like others mentioned if I'm a pin company I'm buying this up right now and building as it's amazing

This would be insane for any functioning pinball company to attempt.

I know you love alien but let it die.

#20935 5 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

What would this mean for people with stakes in the game?

as Hudson said. We're fucked. We're doomed!

#20936 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And could you please explain all of the dissolved company's from your past going back to 1995 with Heighway Leisure LTD?
Those website don't show anything successful or even sustaining for any length of time.

Remember the good ol days when due diligence and raising an eyebrow towards this company was the recipe for 35 down votes?

#20937 5 years ago

If true, I see two potential outcomes:

1) Heighway Pinball declares bankruptcy, and eliminates all prior debt and obligations (sorry pre-order guys). They could then re-group under a new name/company with whatever (if any) assets are left, and try to 'start fresh'. I'd give this about a 25% chance.

2) This is it - the investors have to cut their losses at some point. Declare bankruptcy, salvage what you can, and ride off into the sunset (with tails between their legs). I give this about a 75% chance.

...or I could be completely wrong. That's a good possibility too.

#20938 5 years ago

This is sad, the feedback on full throttle seemed promising. Glad i am gunshy about all smaller pin companies..

Did aliens ever ship?

#20939 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Like others mentioned if I'm a pin company I'm buying this up right now and building as it's amazing

Awesome! I know I'm jumping at the chance to pay for the game a second time.

Andrew should be in fucking jail.

#20940 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Did aliens ever ship?

Yes. ...but in limited quantities. Many folks who pre-ordered never received their machines. If I had to guess, I'd say there were less than 200 Alien games produced in total.

#20941 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But I am talking with an import broker about my machine, so in theory if nothing else I'll get my game out of all this ...

#20942 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Will I get a game? ... Who knows... I've pretty much let it go.

Quoted from Aurich:

To be totally honest I have no idea what I'd even do with it should it show up... Right now I'd be happy for one more pre-order buyer to have the game instead. Like you!

Quoted from Aurich:

I am talking with an import broker about my machine, so in theory if nothing else I'll get my game out of all this ...

#20943 5 years ago

Not sure how this was going to end up with any other outcome. When things were in such disarray people couldn't even get responses to their inquiries of BUYING a machine.

#20944 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Remember the good ol days when due diligence and raising an eyebrow towards this company was the recipe for 35 down votes?

Or abuse reports. I was reported for simply quoting Andrew...

#20945 5 years ago

What's the likelihood of another distributor buying that container full of Aliens and jacking up the price and selling them? Seems like it's going to become a rare title and jump in value if the company folds.

#20946 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This would be insane for any functioning pinball company to attempt.
I know you love alien but let it die.

Just curious why? What I mean is someone like stern buys the rights to produce it and does it right. The feedback from majority that play a working version love it so I would think you get backing from a well proven manufacturer and stern obtains a proven machine with amazing appeal

#20947 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

what changed your mind?

Imagine the good will if he were to donate it to some type of good cause like that Pinball raffle thing...

Quoted from jlm33:

Or abuse reports. I was reported for simply quoting Andrew...

Lol...betcha I racked up a few of those

#20948 5 years ago

BTW it's ALIEN DAY tomorrow!

We've started ordering our yearly cakes!

#20949 5 years ago

Well I still needed two IO boards to get my machine back up and running. Anyone got any spares? Dam

#20950 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What's the likelihood of another distributor buying that container full of Aliens and jacking up the price and selling them? Seems like it's going to become a rare title and jump in value if the company folds.

Laying down a bunch of cash for a game that has proprietary boards and zero support = complete foolishness. That is unless you have discretionary cash pouring from your ears.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 30,030 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.