DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 415 of 601.
#20701 6 years ago

Wow, this is a truly depressing development.

I haven't heard from Melissa yet, but I suspect I will be soon, as my LE has been paid in full with her for the last several months.

Now I gotta see if there's something else on CT's site that can fill the void. Maybe CGC's remake #3 will be announced soon!

#20702 6 years ago

All i can say is aside from marks on my glass... my alien works perfectly... and its one of my favorites. But their support does not respond ever.

#20703 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Wow, this is a truly depressing development.
I haven't heard from Melissa yet, but I suspect I will be soon, as my LE has been paid in full with her for the last several months.
Now I gotta see if there's something else on CT's site that can fill the void. Maybe CGC's remake #3 will be announced soon!

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm going to wait until she tells me "your money is no good here" before I throw in the towel. But if I do, I'll probably just ask for a full refund and wait to see if something comes out that I really want.

#20704 6 years ago

My feeling is that the current owners and the HW brand as a whole are damaged goods and I really can't see them recovering at this point. It would take too much time and cash bleed to come out of this mess and restore enough good will for new US buyers to put down 8k+. Hopes of salvaging the HW brand sailed months ago even with new owners, who really appear to be following closely in the same style of business as Andrew did. Its going to take a US manufacturer to pick up the assets and start building these in mass before I would jump back in. In fact, I think one of the primary issues is the company is out of the UK. This is why the European customers appear to get games and parts more consistently than US customers. They want to fill containers to save on shipping costs, but that is very slow, too slow at this point to overcome the broken confidence in the company. Its just too late.

#20705 6 years ago

When does the license end? Do they even still have it

#20706 6 years ago

Look and enjoy

DSC_0023 (resized).JPGDSC_0023 (resized).JPG

#20707 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Look and enjoy

Wow. Talk about all in

#20708 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

In all seriousness, I don't care if there are issues any more. I'd be happy to just pay the remainder for any machine at this point.

I'm sure Heighway would be happy to take your money on a game that hasn't been fully paid for yet. You'll get your game on Tuesday.

#20709 6 years ago

What a shame this is. I always said CT was the heart of this game. Without them this game will not survive and I'm sad to hear this but can also understand CTs position.

From first hand experience, this game is an absolute hit and it's terrible that it won't reach more of a mainstream audience. I really hope another manufacturer picks it up. For current owners of games that work, you have one of the best out there. As for durability, assuming you have a full working model, there are many full throttle owners that continue to enjoy the game so HW can build a game so I would expect the same with Alien.

Damn shame though bc this games lifecycle is being cut way too short.

#20710 6 years ago

RIP Alien pinball, I wish I would have gotten to know you better before your passing.

#20711 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

All i can say is aside from marks on my glass... my alien works perfectly... and its one of my favorites. But their support does not respond ever.

I got an instant reply from Brian on my flipper issue without even contacting the company. Also had a pretty quick response from Helmut when I was trying to figure out my launch issue.

#20712 6 years ago

Kudos to Melissa and CT for handling this in a businesslike and ethical manner. They can issue refunds because they have properly held those funds aside rather than send them to Heighway. That is the right way to do business.

#20713 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I got an instant reply from Brian on my flipper issue without even contacting the company. Also had a pretty quick response from Helmut when I was trying to figure out my launch issue.

Helmut is no longer there....

#20714 6 years ago
Quoted from buba:

Hi everybody, i have my Alien machine working 99,99%.
I just noticed that a proximity sensor under the playfield is not working.
Does anybody have an idea where i can get one, since Heighway Pinball is not answering at all to my mail?

Unfortunately I don't think that you will hear from Heighway Pinball unless you want to buy a pin. I for one love my Alien pin and have minor issues with it which don't detract from my love of the game. That being said if they go bankrupt then it will be hopeless to get parts and may become a really nice decoration in my man cave.

#20715 6 years ago

alot of people including myself gonna get f#cked!!

#20716 6 years ago

What’s the process to getting a refund?

#20717 6 years ago

If you ordered through CoinTaker, just give them a call and request it.

#20718 6 years ago

Cointaker being out is bad for distribution in the Americas, I assume Nitro is still a distro and is a very trustworthy place to send your cash.

Also I think there are more machines moving in the UK that we dont really see here.

I had pretty good response and had all my issues fixed on both my games, however if Helmut is no longer there that sucks..

#20719 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

If you ordered through CoinTaker, just give them a call and request it.

I have a deposit with Heighway.

#20720 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Helmut is no longer there....

When did he leave? Seemed to be the only one that could help or would even reply

#20721 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

When did he leave? Seemed to be the only one that could help or would even reply

According to LinkedIn this month.

#20722 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Cointaker being out is bad for distribution in the Americas, I assume Nitro is still a distro and is a very trustworthy place to send your cash.
Also I think there are more machines moving in the UK that we dont really see here.
I had pretty good response and had all my issues fixed on both my games, however if Helmut is no longer there that sucks..

I wouldn't be so sure. Firstly, it costs more over here in the UK for some bizarre reason. Also, it's not like we don't know the state of affairs with Heighway as well.

#20723 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

According to LinkedIn this month.

You might have uncovered the scoop of the month. Mind posting a screenshot for us?

#20724 6 years ago

FC203070-FAC3-494E-A791-43153A4925A5 (resized).pngFC203070-FAC3-494E-A791-43153A4925A5 (resized).png

#20725 6 years ago

Note to self: Your Predator and Alien deposits would've been better used for Iron Maiden.

#20726 6 years ago

Not sure how and why this company can continue?

Why would anyone risk buying a game from them now?

#20727 6 years ago

Had a brief contact with Helmut and he confirmed his leaving HP

It was time to move on and take a break from Alien and FT are his words.

Real pitty, he will be missed by alien owners

#20728 6 years ago

The whole thing is a shame.

Queen supposed to be next and if Stern were doing it, I would be a 100% buyer for sure.

But, no way could I buy from HP, but still hope it gets made and hopefully play one at a show one day.

Odds seem slim right now though.

#20729 6 years ago

As for France the reputation of Heillway is not as bad as the United States but here, despite the theme, I believe the game does not find takers. Maybe the communication or the distribution is not assured correctly but in any case the Alien Pinball is unfortunately absent from the topics of conversation here. I especially feel that the majority of players do not care about this brand.

Stern and Jersey Jack really do not have to worry and this is the drama for us, simple consumers.

#20730 6 years ago

After waiting (only) 8 months I received a beautiful Alien LE a couple of days ago. Works perfectly. Had a problem with the airlock as it launched the ball so hard it bounced over the flipper bat and drained all the time.
Updated to the 1.1 code that was released in January 18 where coil strength can be adjusted, and that solved the problem.
The game is a jaw dropping experience, and could easily become one of my all time favourites.

Bought from Retroarcade in Sweden.

#20731 6 years ago

Ouch - CT suspends new Alien orders, and Helmut isn't with Heighway anymore. That's two serious 'body shots' to a fighter who seems backed up against the ropes already.

#20732 6 years ago

Definitely feels like a slow motion car wreck unfolding. What is the path forward at this point?

#20733 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

The distributor is a current paid up commercial sponsor on that forum.
He got reinstated through the Homepin loophole after being banned for life except that Homepin has subsequently been deemed persona non grata there so how to conduct commercial sales on a commercially biased forum without drawing the arbitrary ire of the Admin?
Machines are being sold locally in Australia (approaching 40 by last count) but to new money - those who are outside of the local pinball forum clique and either don't know the backstory or the risk of being able to obtain replacement parts in the future.

Another load of dribble out of your mouth, yes we have been selling Alien and have been able to get spare parts from HP

I think the problem is software once you update the code , people seem to be having problems with io boards dropping out, etc

I don't think there has ever been a pinball I haven't been able to fix.

Yes they need a tech support system and a manual for the games and parts support, I am sure those things are all possible.

Maybe we should all setup a Facebook site, or forum for tech support and assistance to owners.

#20734 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Ouch - CT suspends new Alien orders, and Helmut isn't with Heighway anymore. That's two serious 'body shots' to a fighter who seems backed up against the ropes already.

Meanwhile in Australia.

road to nowhere (resized).jpgroad to nowhere (resized).jpg

#20735 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Another load of dribble out of your mouth, yes we have been selling Alien and have been able to get spare parts from HP
I think the problem is software once you update the code , people seem to be having problems with io boards dropping out, etc
I don't think there has ever been a pinball I haven't been able to fix.
Yes they need a tech support system and a manual for the games and parts support, I am sure those things are all possible.
Maybe we should all setup a Facebook site, or forum for tech support and assistance to owners.

Did those users also update the io boards ? It’s a manual update

#20736 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Yes, I did.

#20737 6 years ago

RIP_HP (resized).jpgRIP_HP (resized).jpg

#20738 6 years ago

ALIEN_LE_DEPOSIT (resized).jpgALIEN_LE_DEPOSIT (resized).jpg

#20739 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Yes

#20740 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Meanwhile in Australia.

What, nobody to talk to at your work?

The negative of being a funeral director I guess

#20741 6 years ago

Two significant events a couple of days ago and this thread seems to be limping along. From past experience here, I expected a Pinside eruption of contrasting back and forth opinions, insults and speculation. It was painful and grueling what myself and others went through almost daily with Jpop and I have a long memory for such things.

Not that I want that to happen. I certainly don't and have tried my best the past year to be supportive and minimal as an outsider wanting a good outcome for some long suffering Pinsiders. I'm just surprised at how all of this seems to have fallen flat here.

Have that many people dropped out or lost interest in Alien and the company itself? Have past situations such as this made people numb to it all? Anecdotal evidence maybe, but seems to me this is indicative of Heighway's current situation and their future.
Is anyone else surprised by this lack of interest or have I misread the situation.

I hope I don't upset anybody with my observations and wish everyone well. I just find it curious.

#20742 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

What, nobody to talk to at your work?
The negative of being a funeral director I guess

I wouldn't know as that isn't my current employment and never has been.

Quoted from Mr68:

Have that many people dropped out or lost interest in Alien and the company itself? Have past situations such as this made people numb to it all? Anecdotal evidence maybe, but seems to me this is indicative of Heighway's current situation and their future.

Most people by now can see through the blatant self promotion and huckstering in this thread from those looking to try and make a quick buck on a product that is now given the circumstances is in all likelihood going to turn into a $14,000 doorstop in the next 12 months if not sooner.

If the US market has all but collapsed and it appears based on recent posts to be true then there is no future for this company and more importantly long term tech/parts support. A handful of units spead across Europe is not going to allow a company to retain long term solvency. Cointaker to their credit refusing to take money on new orders until there is visible evidence of game support for current owners at the manufacturer level is to be commended and is prima facie evidence of at least one distributor who has integrity.

I truly feel for those who put down deposit money in good faith all those years ago whilst queue jumpers effectively hijacked it at the eleventh hour just to make some easy cash from the unwary.

As reiterated earlier, locally at least the Australian Consumer law (goods not fit for purpose/to be free from reasonable defects/of merchantable quality et al) will be able to provide restitution from those limited number of people who will be affected down here.

#20743 6 years ago

Without us “queue jumpers,” Alien had not a prayer. And alas, I , too, will not get my Alien (though I did get my money back); HP is dead in the water.

#20744 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Have that many people dropped out or lost interest in Alien and the company itself? Have past situations such as this made people numb to it all?

Yes Yes and Yes. I'm happy for those who have the game and are enjoying it but I think its over. Unless Heighway can pull off a miracle in terms of manufacturing a shit load of working pins in the next couple of months this will die and maybe its time. I'm just happy I got out when I did and got my money, bought a TWDPre and couldn't be happier.

#20745 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking Alien and TBL are Stern and JJP's worst nightmare…...

My how times have changed...

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#20746 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

My how times have changed...

ouch.

That 2014 Expo was really something.

#20747 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Two significant events a couple of days ago and this thread seems to be limping along. From past experience here, I expected a Pinside eruption of contrasting back and forth opinions, insults and speculation. It was painful and grueling what myself and others went through almost daily with Jpop and I have a long memory for such things.
Not that I want that to happen. I certainly don't and have tried my best the past year to be supportive and minimal as an outsider wanting a good outcome for some long suffering Pinsiders. I'm just surprised at how all of this seems to have fallen flat here.
Is anyone else surprised by this lack of interest or have I misread the situation.
I hope I don't upset anybody with my observations and wish everyone well. I just find it curious.

Seems like people are past caring anymore which is not a good sign for any chance they have of going forward.

#20748 6 years ago

Time to storm the factory in wales guys.
In 2007 i had a very diffulcult fragile purchase from an auction house in London. After a month of phone calls and emails i said F-it. Got on a plane and picked it up in person. Saved 2300 vat, which paid for trip.

#20749 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Have that many people dropped out or lost interest in Alien and the company itself?

This is it. It's very hard to maintain excitement over a game that carries this much baggage without some sort of eventual return, like a working game in hand. It's old news now, too many new games have been released since this began and our interest shift onto those. I think we're all just moving on to brighter pastures and away from this dumpster fire, at least in its current state.

#20750 6 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 415 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/415?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.