pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 412 of 601.
#20551 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

If it wasn't for CT I think most would assume they closed their doors by now. Hell, I bet some people do think that.

Here's where I'm at. CT is ghosting me right now. Melissa was supposed to give me an update after I called last Tuesday to find out the status of the shipment. She did not know if it had left yet at that time and it was three weeks past the date it was supposed to ship. Said they would find out the next day and provide an update. No update. So I called twice yesterday with no answer and emailed with no reply. Emailed this morning and tried to call..zero reply and zero answer. So right now I probably going to say F-it and file a CC dispute. There's not much hope for the original 1k I put down from 2 years ago, but at this point, I'll consider that 1k a hard reminder as to no pre-order ever again. I'm just getting the feeling there is stonewalling going on here.

#20552 6 years ago

Not here to defend them. All I can tell you all is that I supplied them with 50 shaker motors about 2 months ago.

#20553 6 years ago

This is going to probably be an unpopular opinion, but I think that people should be putting much much more pressure on CT. They're pretty much the only legitimate (for now) link with HW and they're quickly becoming more & more suspect because of their evading questions from their customers. I wonder when they'll realize that possibly, just possibly it wasn't such a good idea to get into bed with HW.

#20554 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Previously the "it's your lucky day, someone who ordered an LE with green trim dropped out! All you have to do is send us the full balance now and maybe you'll get one when we've got enough money to ship them" email - which several people got carbon copies of - suggested that there wouldn't be a shipment until such time as people with deposits sent the full balance along.
I'm naturally pessimistic but it doesn't sound like that ship is sailing anywhere until more victims customers pay the full balance.
Funny thing is, HW could dispel all of the skepticism simply by providing photos of the LEs/non-LEs ready to ship, etc. At this point I'd want to see a copy of todays paper in the photo too. Even regular production updates would help, with photos & videos of the processes, etc. Would cost them nothing, and give customers new and old alike confidence that they're actually doing things behind closed doors. Right now radio silence in between Nigerian-prince-scam looking emails does the opposite.

There's probably a photo of Andrew up in their office with darts in it, and they probably blame him for everything, but at some point they have to own how they've managed this from the day they took his keys.

#20555 6 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

This is going to probably be an unpopular opinion, but I think that people should be putting much much more pressure on CT. They're pretty much the only legitimate (for now) link with HW and they're quickly becoming more & more suspect because of their evading questions from their customers. I wonder when they'll realize that possibly, just possibly it wasn't such a good idea to get into bed with HW.

On the flipside, this tells you what stand up people Cointaker are. They are potentially taking the heat for what is HW's problem, and they're not just directly blaming them or passing the buck.

#20556 6 years ago

I agree Heighway should not be engaging in any discussions on Pinside. They should however be posting updates to their Facebook page or at the very least, on the Heighway web page where they could somewhat control it. How about an email blast every now and then with updates?

#20557 6 years ago

Update - Melissa did call me back, so I'm thinking she is just frazzled busy, so if she doesn't get back to you right away, don't start shooting lasers out your eyeballs like I was earlier. Anyone that has their cash with CT is fine as she has not sent a penny if it to HW, since those boneheads haven't even put the games on the container yet. She offered a full refund if I want out, so I may take that option, as I think this ride is just about over for me and my mental (or lack there of) state overall. Too much energy and brain cycles have been put into this for me personally. As much as I love the theme and this game, I'm just fed up at this point and I'm running on little to no confidence in these guys. I may have her transfer the payment over to an Iron Maiden premium as that game is really sparking my interest and I've always enjoyed their music.

#20558 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Here's where I'm at. CT is ghosting me right now. Melissa was supposed to give me an update after I called last Tuesday to find out the status of the shipment. She did not know if it had left yet at that time and it was three weeks past the date it was supposed to ship. Said they would find out the next day and provide an update. No update. So I called twice yesterday with no answer and emailed with no reply. Emailed this morning and tried to call..zero reply and zero answer. So right now I probably going to say F-it and file a CC dispute. There's not much hope for the original 1k I put down from 2 years ago, but at this point, I'll consider that 1k a hard reminder as to no pre-order ever again. I'm just getting the feeling there is stonewalling going on here.

I was thinking the same but got a reply from CT earlier today (or yesterday, in overseas now so it's all confusing, shit if I was going close to HW I'd be knocking on their door!) after weeks of nothing. Nothing concrete, as I posted earlier I was told CT talked to HW recently and they are ready to ship and hopefully that'll be happening soon.

EDIT: just saw you reply a minute before me whoops

#20559 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

again. I'm just getting the feeling there is stonewalling going on here.
I was thinking the same but got a reply from CT earlier today (or yesterday, in overseas now so it's all confusing, shit if I was going close to HW I'd be knocking on their door!) after weeks of nothing. Nothing concrete, as I posted earlier I was told CT talked to HW recently and they are ready to ship and hopefully that'll be happening soon.

This is why prompt communication is so friggen important. I start playing out all sorts of worse case scenarios in my mind when communication goes dark. Anyway, I'm taking the evening to simmer down and think this over, but really, this game is losing its luster for me in a big way.

#20560 6 years ago

LE delivered out of the blue in the UK...

Alien Arrives (resized).JPGAlien Arrives (resized).JPG

#20561 6 years ago

Should be from the batch that is going to CT/the states soon, can't wait to hear how it plays/the build quality

#20562 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

LE delivered out of the blue in the UK...

That yours Neil? If so congrates mate and I expect a stream soon

#20563 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Previously the "it's your lucky day, someone who ordered an LE with green trim dropped out! All you have to do is send us the full balance now and maybe you'll get one when we've got enough money to ship them" email - which several people got carbon copies of - suggested that there wouldn't be a shipment until such time as people with deposits sent the full balance along.
I'm naturally pessimistic but it doesn't sound like that ship is sailing anywhere until more victims customers pay the full balance.
Funny thing is, HW could dispel all of the skepticism simply by providing photos of the LEs/non-LEs ready to ship, etc. At this point I'd want to see a copy of todays paper in the photo too. Even regular production updates would help, with photos & videos of the processes, etc. Would cost them nothing, and give customers new and old alike confidence that they're actually doing things behind closed doors. Right now radio silence in between Nigerian-prince-scam looking emails does the opposite.

Well, I was planning on staying out of this thread until I had something concrete to show, but Nitro sent me my confirmation that their order of LE's were ready to ship to them and should be going out soon. Here's the pic I got with my order confirmation, mine is the black one. I hope that ship sails, and shows up safely to Tommy so they can make their way out to us end users, but until they are in Tommy's hands, I'm not holding my breathe too hard.

AlienOrder-NITRO (resized).jpgAlienOrder-NITRO (resized).jpg

#20564 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That yours Neil? If so congrates mate and I expect a stream soon

god no. You'd have to be a nut job to give HP any money. Its Ian's on pinball info, he ordered it eons ago I think.

#20565 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

god no. You'd have to be a nut job to give HP any money. Its Ian's on pinball info, he ordered it eons ago I think.

Yep, turned up last week, not had chance to set up yet.

#20566 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Well, I was planning on staying out of this thread until I had something concrete to show, but Nitro sent me my confirmation that their order of LE's were ready to ship to them and should be going out soon. Here's the pic I got with my order confirmation, mine is the black one. I hope that ship sails, and shows up safely to Tommy so they can make their way out to us end users, but until they are in Tommy's hands, I'm not holding my breathe too hard.

Man I was hoping to see 30-50 games not 7, but gotta start somewhere? Surprised at all the green trim too was assuming most people would do black.

#20568 6 years ago

The all black looks great...

#20569 6 years ago
Quoted from ianw:

Yep, turned up last week, not had chance to set up yet.

I know it's not set up yet so this a question for when it's unboxed, but are the newer games shipping with newer code?

#20570 6 years ago

The game is great. The software keeps getting better, guys involved with the game that I've interacted with are helpful and enthusiastic. Too bad communication is so bad from the company.

#20571 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Have Nitro really only got 7 LEs on order after all this time? Guess maybe a bunch of people dropped out.

#20572 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I know it's not set up yet so this a question for when it's unboxed, but are the newer games shipping with newer code?

These games will still have the current 1.1 release on them. 1.2 is still being finalized. It will be an easy upgrade once it's ready.

#20573 6 years ago

Just out of curiosity, I only keep hearing about LE's but are there other versions of this game that people ordered as well?

#20574 6 years ago

My first attempt at tracking down a fuse blowing problem by putting 70v lines back one at a time, and I get this... anyone got a schematic?

alien-psu (resized).jpgalien-psu (resized).jpg

#20575 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Have Nitro really only got 7 LEs on order after all this time? Guess maybe a bunch of people dropped out.

Everyone in this hobby is burned out on preorders, but when it's from a trusted company it's reasonable. I preordered my Dialed In LE and a few months later I had it in my hands and haven't had an issue with it since. When I preordered my GOT Prem, it was at my door about 3 weeks later. Heighway is not a trusted company, and until they can deliver boatloads of games to people, within a timely fashion, they won't ever be. Honestly, I was surprised even 7 people were willing to hang on to their orders.

#20576 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I really like the blue trim
--Jeff

Yeah, looks better thank I thought.

#20577 6 years ago

I have to admit that HP definitely does not help out their cause on Pinside. I contacted them to to buy a new airlock scoop. I think that I have the original design because if you inadvertently shoot two balls in there during multiball it has a great deal of difficulty kicking out the balls. So sent a message to sales at Heighway Pinball and they responded the same day both times. When I emailed customer support, and when the sales guy sent my message to customer support, I got no reply.

#20578 6 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

I have to admit that HP definitely does not help out their cause on Pinside. I contacted them to to buy a new airlock scoop. I think that I have the original design because if you inadvertently shoot two balls in there during multiball it has a great deal of difficulty kicking out the balls. So sent a message to sales at Heighway Pinball and they responded the same day both times. When I emailed customer support, and when the sales guy sent my message to customer support, I got no reply.

Shit, I just had two of those here with the games i had.
Games and parts gone back to Nitro now

#20579 6 years ago

So today is a nice day.

We got 6 pcs of Aline LE with green trim into our warehouse for distribution to old client , We have waited 2 yeras for this games but as the new Heighway peoply say , please be pation we will get you yore game.

I can show hre that they keep promises and we have waitet pastioned .

This games will be distributed to very old orders from our company , and we was very happy to make som calls and confirme orders to our clients today , i wil ask some ofthem to put up som un boxing pictures .

We sent them out by car today and some one will also pic up his game at our place tomorrow.

This show that the company keeps their word even if the delivery time was way to long .

But on the other hand if they had not taken the company in the way they have done i hade lost all my money spent on 100% payment of the games.

As i sad before i trust this guys and will keep doing business with them.

We can all hope for shorter delvivery time.

Booth tumbs up for this guys !!!!

I have put in a order for more games .

This is a good game.

le 1 (resized).jpgle 1 (resized).jpg

le 2 (resized).jpgle 2 (resized).jpg

le 3 (resized).jpgle 3 (resized).jpg

le 4 (resized).jpgle 4 (resized).jpg

le 5 (resized).jpgle 5 (resized).jpg

#20580 6 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

So today is a nice day.
This show that the company keeps their word even if the delivery time was way to long ...
But on the other hand if they had not taken the company in the way they have done i hade lost all my money spent on 100% payment of the games.
As i sad before i trust this guys and will keep doing business with them.

Congratulation for receiving your games.

The kept word? e. g. when they were cancelling the SE-artwork for the LEs? O.K., the didn't tell that the customer...(before the delivery)

#20581 6 years ago

The day has finally come! Thanks retro arcade.

DSC_0017 (resized).JPGDSC_0017 (resized).JPG

DSC_0021 (resized).JPGDSC_0021 (resized).JPG

DSC_0011 (resized).JPGDSC_0011 (resized).JPG

DSC_0012 (resized).JPGDSC_0012 (resized).JPG

DSC_0024 (resized).JPGDSC_0024 (resized).JPG

DSC_0013 (resized).JPGDSC_0013 (resized).JPG

DSC_0014 (resized).JPGDSC_0014 (resized).JPG

DSC_0025 (resized).JPGDSC_0025 (resized).JPG

DSC_0015 (resized).JPGDSC_0015 (resized).JPG

#20582 6 years ago

Here's hoping they can start sending out games at a regular pace and limiting the issues. If they can get their act together, they'll probably sell a lot of these, but I'm going to need to see a lot of improvement before I'd even think about sending a $1

#20583 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Just out of curiosity, I only keep hearing about LE's but are there other versions of this game that people ordered as well?

I got my SE back on October 26th. It's been working great (after some tweaks). Added the beacons on top so now the only difference between mine and an LE is the trim, art (I like the SE art) and a numbered plack.

#20584 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

The day has finally come! Thanks retro arcade.

Is it just me, or does the green trim look better now than before?

#20585 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, it's just you.

#20586 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It does, but the bar is really low. It still hasn't reached the "looks good" threshold.

#20587 6 years ago

For people who have got LEs recently did you get the SE art as well? I know that was original plan but haven't heard anything recently.

#20588 6 years ago

Xeno topper looks nice, was that part of an LE? Pic showing the topper and nameplate is sweet. Congrats and looking forward to reading your feedback on the game.

#20589 6 years ago

I figured out what is wrong with my Xeno mech. It should be a super easy fix - as long as I can get the one part I need. If you look at the pics below, you can see the Xeno mech. The close-up shows the problem. That large white gear that drives the tongue is not spinning - while the motor is. It appears the center of that white gear has been ‘stripped’ and is no longer solidly connected to the motor shaft. All I need to fix this problem is a replacement white gear. I've asked for a few.

IMG_4480 (resized).JPGIMG_4480 (resized).JPG

IMG_4482 (resized).JPGIMG_4482 (resized).JPG

#20590 6 years ago

That looks like a very soft plastic.

#20591 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

That looks like a very soft plastic.

Agreed, there should be a metal sleeve with a few ribs into the plastic in the center of the gear.

#20592 6 years ago

Could someone 3D print the gear for you? May be quicker and easier than trying to get one from highway. Or can it be bought off the shelf somewhere? Best of luck in any case.

#20593 6 years ago

You may be able to use an rc car gear? They have a ton of different choices and it looks kind of like a mod1 pitch. If you can get the teeth count and exact measurements there is a lot of metal options available online. Good luck man

#20594 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

For people who have got LEs recently did you get the SE art as well? I know that was original plan but haven't heard anything recently.

No, that has been cancelled.
Or like new Heighway Pinball said „things in life change“.

#20595 6 years ago
Quoted from wizzard:

That's astoundingly shitty of them if true.

#20596 6 years ago

Cool game with an amazing sound and cool arts! Very good shaker. The software needs to be updated in the game, otherwise its a very good game.

DSC_0025 (resized).JPGDSC_0025 (resized).JPG

DSC_0026 (resized).JPGDSC_0026 (resized).JPG

DSC_0015 (resized).JPGDSC_0015 (resized).JPG

DSC_0017 (resized).JPGDSC_0017 (resized).JPG

DSC_0019 (resized).JPGDSC_0019 (resized).JPG

DSC_0016 (resized).JPGDSC_0016 (resized).JPG

DSC_0020 (resized).JPGDSC_0020 (resized).JPG

DSC_0021 (resized).JPGDSC_0021 (resized).JPG

DSC_0022 (resized).JPGDSC_0022 (resized).JPG

DSC_0024 (resized).JPGDSC_0024 (resized).JPG

#20597 6 years ago
Quoted from wizzard:

No way for real? They're really trying to screw the early LE buyers out of everything it seems. Not good news

#20598 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

No way for real? They're really trying to screw the early LE buyers out of everything it seems. Not good news

No-one would have got anything if they hadn't stepped in to take over the company, and they continue to lose money doing this ... so nothing could be further from the truth.

#20599 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

No-one would have got anything if they hadn't stepped in to take over the company, and they continue to lose money doing this ... so nothing could be further from the truth.

many people, including myself have gotten anything. i havent even got an email from them in almost a year. fully paid for le. its just beyond ridiculous at this point. this thread is also dying. people have lost interest and of they dont ship these games soon they will really destroy the company. who would commit to their next pin after this debacle?

#20600 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

many people, including myself have gotten anything. i havent even got an email from them in almost a year. fully paid for le. its just beyond ridiculous at this point. this thread is also dying. people have lost interest and of they dont ship these games soon they will really destroy the company. who would commit to their next pin after this debacle?

The company already was destroyed. Completely. They're doing what they can to keep the doors open, so that you may one day be compensated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 412 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/412?hl=olaa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.