pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 411 of 601.
#20501 6 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

My other complaint is the trough on the airlock which sometimes fails to kick out a ball when I inadvertently shoot two balls into it during multiball. Maybe I can adjust the power on the trough kickout. It eventually does kick the balls out but it takes a little time.

Sounds like you have the old airlock scoop design. You should request the new one.

#20502 6 years ago

Alien is alive again......mostly.

I took out the ball trough assembly, cleaned it up real nice - tightened it up good on reinstall. It seems to have helped. I had a few folks over last night, and we played a bunch of games with no problems. That said, I still have my Xeno disabled - still need to see what's going on there. And yeah, occasionally the ball will not launch clean. But other than that, I was very happy that we were all able to play a bunch of games last night without any problems.

#20503 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Alien is alive again......mostly.

Man, i hope you get your game working 100%, so frustrating.

newt (resized).jpgnewt (resized).jpg

#20504 6 years ago

Damn, it worked 3 hours at a row. Not even an off on for fixing the switch glitch.

Only a multiball ended suddenly, draining all balls and that was that ball

#20505 6 years ago

Are there fully working machines out there? All we hear about are the ones with issues, but I'm hoping those are the minority.

#20506 6 years ago

We haven't heard much about the newest run. Anyone?

#20507 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

The last thing I heard was them verifying my shipping address to get a shipping quote. I responded with my new address and haven't heard back in about a week.

#20508 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Are there fully working machines out there? All we hear about are the ones with issues

One data point: I've had a production machine for several months and it is totally functional.
I play it every day and all the features work.
So, yes there are fully functional Alien pinball machines in the wild.
Ddt

#20509 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Haven't heard back from CT if games are actually on their way to them, has anyone got a game direct from HW in the last few weeks?

#20510 6 years ago

According to HP they only ship to cointaker in the USA. I did pay the extra door to door 300 bucks when I first pre ordered, but later after the shake up they let us know they were shipping all games to cointaker only.

#20511 6 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

According to HP they only ship to cointaker in the USA. I did pay the extra door to door 300 bucks when I first pre ordered, but later after the shake up they let us know they were shipping all games to cointaker only.

They stated they are shipping to me directly a few weeks ago when I specifically asked if it was going to be transitioned to CT.

#20512 6 years ago

anyone any idea what would keep blowing the high voltage fuse?

#20513 6 years ago

We have some LE games from the last batch comming in to Sweden next week , have been waiting long for them .

But 7 happy owner will get their LE finaly.

Aad more games are orderd , dont know the delivery time now , this first 7 games is more then 2 year old order.

But we can see that production seemss to working.

#20514 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone any idea what would keep blowing the high voltage fuse?

I had the same problem on one of my games , one mine someone had put the earth cabel on the wrong place on the powerswitch in the bottom of the game .

Have a look at the picture

the eart ( yellow and green ) was changed by the blue cable.

Strange the game started but blow the fuse after just 1 minute .

koppling (resized).JPGkoppling (resized).JPG

#20515 6 years ago

I have sn 82, can anyone tell me if this is the second run. I was told it is, otherwise I wouldn’t have bought it. I was told all issues were resolved. Too many problems to list. Xero doesn’t catch ball and the list starts from there. The distributor has picked it up to fix it now after numerous attempts to fix it manually and software fixes.

#20516 6 years ago

This game seriously couldn't be any more of a dumpster fire.

#20517 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

They stated they are shipping to me directly a few weeks ago when I specifically asked if it was going to be transitioned to CT.

Any update on this? Trying to keep track of what is going on but it is very hard. Emailing CT for two weeks and no response

#20518 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I was told the ship with the LEs sunk, but they are preparing a new shipment right now should be ready in a few more weeks.

Just kidding. I spoke with Melissa last week, she did not have any idea if the shipment had even gone out yet. Said something about delays due to trim color choices. I'll have to admit I was slightly put off by the fact that she had not followed up on the status of the shipping container that was supposed to have gone out three weeks ago.

#20519 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I was told the ship with the LEs sunk, but they are preparing a new shipment right now should be ready in a few more weeks.

I heard that the new investors signed a contract with an old business partner of theirs and the next batch was shipping via hydrofoil...should arrive in 2 weeks.

#20520 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I heard that the new investors signed a contract with an old business partner of theirs and the next batch was shipping via hydrofoil...should arrive in 2 weeks.

That's F#cking funny!

Except, of course, if that POS owes ya $8,500. Then that joke isn't so humerous.

QSS

#20521 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

That's F#cking funny!
Except, of course, if that POS owes ya $8,500. Then that joke isn't so humerous.
QSS

You should all put a Lien on his Hydrofoil Co.

#20522 6 years ago

DB75BB87-D2CC-4825-97B6-7C4B0D823DA2 (resized).jpegDB75BB87-D2CC-4825-97B6-7C4B0D823DA2 (resized).jpeg

#20523 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Any update on this? Trying to keep track of what is going on but it is very hard. Emailing CT for two weeks and no response

Not since 4 hours ago lol. I would assume my email was lost in the inbox but I'm in no hurry to send them the rest so whatever, I'm fine being lost in the inbox.

#20524 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Just kidding. I spoke with Melissa last week, she did not have any idea if the shipment had even gone out yet. Said something about delays due to trim color choices. I'll have to admit I was slightly put off by the fact that she had not followed up on the status of the shipping container that was supposed to have gone out three weeks ago.

"Delays due to trim color". Lol, that's a good one CT!

When you are asking for and receiving payments one would think they would be all over the "status" of the shipping container.

Yes its a "dumpster fire" NPO, BUT it would be much worse if Alien had just gone under. Or would it?

#20525 6 years ago

When the storied ship left some months ago (June '17?) wasn't there a posting on the actual status of where it was en route? Whatever came of that? I'm sorry, but I simply cannot slog through some 10k+ posts to find it.

#20526 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yes it could. It could be WAY worse and in fact we have seen way worse in pinball recently.

#20527 6 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

When the storied ship left some months ago (June '17?) wasn't there a posting on the actual status of where it was en route? Whatever came of that?

It landed and dropped of 25 games for coin taker. I don't think in all honesty that the LE ship has left England yet.

#20528 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

It landed and dropped of 25 games for coin taker. I don't think in all honesty that the LE ship has left England yet.

And that batch had at least two hosed games with the same old issues that have been reported and had yet to be adjusted correctly. So hope is pinned on the next batch of LE's that they be trouble free and will multiply. When they ship, CoinTaker will have a tracking number, but they are still being made/tested.

#20529 6 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

When the storied ship left some months ago (June '17?) wasn't there a posting on the actual status of where it was en route? Whatever came of that? I'm sorry, but I simply cannot slog through some 10k+ posts to find it.

Was supposed to be a 3hr tour but they got stranded on a deserted island.

#20530 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Are there fully working machines out there? All we hear about are the ones with issues, but I'm hoping those are the minority.

We have a fully working game play it almost every day. Really enjoy the gameplay the code and audio are amazing. Probably the most immersive pinball machine I have ever played.

#20531 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I literally blew a snot bubble!

#20532 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

After years of anticipation, I was recently in Buffalo & finally got a chance to play Alien at Pocketeer Billiards for the first time. Everything I’ve come to believe about this pin was confirmed.

Looked much nicer in person than I expected. Great theme & atmosphere. Screens, plastics & toys looked great. GI lighting was lacking & pretty fricking dark overall, spotlights should have been included during manufacture. But I have to admit, one nice looking pin.

Then I started playing.... scoop wasn’t working, so I couldn’t start modes. It wasn’t recognizing ball drains correctly, kept spitting out random balls, etc etc etc. When the game did finally manage to end, a coil kept firing repeatedly during the attract mode. They just shut it off. Basically a wasted negative experience. What a shame. And I know this game as been at this location for a long time. Still can’t keep it running properly.

Just add this to the long list of user experiences. I think the real story here is that some owners do manage to get lucky & receive a functional pin. Many receive a lemon & get tired of dealing with all the bullshit & just sell it/move on. And worst of all, some people haven’t received anything YEARS after purchase! So yes, the whole project is a smoldering dumpster fire IMO.

I’m sure it’s really fun to play when you can get it working. But why anyone would take the risk today on a new Alien purchase is beyond me. I, like many others, have just moved on from this pin, and specifically from this company. As I said, this just reinforced what I already believed. Glad I got out. I’d never buy one.

Hope you preorder guys get the machines you deserve before they shut the doors for good.

1CBD21E9-A386-424E-9B69-F6789216269B (resized).jpeg1CBD21E9-A386-424E-9B69-F6789216269B (resized).jpeg

#20533 6 years ago

My wife and went grocery shopping today, I bought a cantaloupe in perfect condition...when I got home it looked like this...

20180408_124357 (resized).jpg20180408_124357 (resized).jpg
I honestly dont know what happened to it, but it made me think of this thread..

20180408_124351 (resized).jpg20180408_124351 (resized).jpg

#20534 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

My wife and went grocery shopping today, I bought a cantaloupe in perfect condition...when I got home it looked like this...

I honestly dont know what happened to it, but it made me think of this thread..

Your cantaloupe probably got damaged in shipping.

#20535 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Your cantaloupe probably got damaged in shipping.

Might need to adjust the scoop

#20536 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Might need to adjust the scoop

At least we now know the green trim looks crap.

#20537 6 years ago

Probably just a fuse.....

#20538 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Watch for signs of choking and seizure from your wife at the dinner table.

#20539 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Watch for signs of choking and seizure from your wife at the dinner table.

Thought for sure you were going to say "watch her chest"...... I'm always on the lookout for that with mine.

#20540 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

After years of anticipation, I was recently in Buffalo & finally got a chance to play Alien at Pocketeer Billiards for the first time. Everything I’ve come to believe about this pin was confirmed.
Looked much nicer in person than I expected. Great theme & atmosphere. Screens, plastics & toys looked great. GI lighting was lacking & pretty fricking dark overall, spotlights should have been included during manufacture. But I have to admit, one nice looking pin.
Then I started playing.... scoop wasn’t working, so I couldn’t start modes. It wasn’t recognizing ball drains correctly, kept spitting out random balls, etc etc etc. When the game did finally manage to end, a coil kept firing repeatedly during the attract mode. They just shut it off. Basically a wasted negative experience. What a shame. And I know this game as been at this location for a long time. Still can’t keep it running properly.
Just add this to the long list of user experiences. I think the real story here is that some owners do manage to get lucky & receive a functional pin. Many receive a lemon & get tired of dealing with all the bullshit & just sell it/move on. And worst of all, some people haven’t received anything YEARS after purchase! So yes, the whole project is a smoldering dumpster fire IMO.
I’m sure it’s really fun to play when you can get it working. But why anyone would take the risk today on a new Alien purchase is beyond me. I, like many others, have just moved on from this pin, and specifically from this company. As I said, this just reinforced what I already believed. Glad I got out. I’d never buy one.
Hope you preorder guys get the machines you deserve before they shut the doors for good.

My sentiments exactly. Could not have stated this any better. Aliens as a theme has a soured taste to me now.

#20541 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

How recent was your visit. I was following the status of this pin with the owner for a while and last i heard they received all new guts and it was working properly.

#20542 6 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Was supposed to be a 3hr tour but they got stranded on a deserted island.

And now there on island time so......yea......
thanks
blake

#20543 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Man, i hope you get your game working 100%, so frustrating.

With the exception of my Xeno mech (disabled in the menu now) it's been playing good since I re-installed the ball trough. It held up with my friends over last Thursday, and it's been playing good tonight. It's been GREAT seeing the new enhancements in code. I'm now playing version 1.1 - while my 'pre-prod' machine was stuck on 0.94. SO MANY IMPROVEMENTS!!

#20544 6 years ago

Think I'm about to give up on this whole idea of a "refund". I've only been waiting five months for the refund part, which isn't long compared to some. Crazy to think that this is the only industry or entity I can think of (besides the government) that could get away with doing that.

Still, I'm happy to know heighway is still twitching and not dead yet. If they fixed all this stuff and shipped games to everyone currently on the list and asked me if I had any second thoughts, I'd have a difficult time saying no (maybe that's their master plan). My faith is gone that, that's even a prospect though.

#20545 6 years ago

Got word from CT games haven't shipped yet but are ready to go from HW. Sounds like they should've been ready weeks ago but maybe they did some more trouble shooting/refining and these LEs will be working 100% that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

I've asked before but is there a list of working Alien games on location in the USA/Europe?

#20546 6 years ago

Previously the "it's your lucky day, someone who ordered an LE with green trim dropped out! All you have to do is send us the full balance now and maybe you'll get one when we've got enough money to ship them" email - which several people got carbon copies of - suggested that there wouldn't be a shipment until such time as people with deposits sent the full balance along.

I'm naturally pessimistic but it doesn't sound like that ship is sailing anywhere until more victims customers pay the full balance.

Funny thing is, HW could dispel all of the skepticism simply by providing photos of the LEs/non-LEs ready to ship, etc. At this point I'd want to see a copy of todays paper in the photo too. Even regular production updates would help, with photos & videos of the processes, etc. Would cost them nothing, and give customers new and old alike confidence that they're actually doing things behind closed doors. Right now radio silence in between Nigerian-prince-scam looking emails does the opposite.

#20547 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Funny thing is, HW could dispel all of the skepticism simply by providing photos of the LEs/non-LEs ready to ship, etc. At this point I'd want to see a copy of todays paper in the photo too. Even regular production updates would help, with photos & videos of the processes, etc. Would cost them nothing, and give customers new and old alike confidence that they're actually doing things behind closed doors. Right now radio silence in between Nigerian-prince-scam looking emails does the opposite.

They could end all the rumors, bad feelings, etc with a quick note here every 2 weeks or so. There is only one reason they're not doing that....

#20548 6 years ago

Yeah the lack of updates from HW is only one thing, troubling. If it wasn't for CT I think most would assume they closed their doors by now. Hell, I bet some people do think that.

#20549 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There is only one reason they're not doing that....

Because pinsiders would be out for blood and cause a huge scene/stink?

As a casual observer who has no skin in the game it looks like they are shipping more and more machines and starting to take care of early "issues". Yes there are still some mechanical problems and I know it's different if it's "your machine" but the forums are full of owners with issues asking for technological advise from every manufacturer new and old. Not to pick on Stern but there are almost 4000 posts in the "ghostbusters issue" thread alone.
I am just hoping they get things ironed out, everyone is made whole, anyone who wants a Alien gets one and they go on with other titles and make Heighway V2 a success.

#20550 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Because pinsiders would be out for blood and cause a huge scene/stink?

No, because if they followed the lead of Spooky or American Pinball, people would be more understanding of their situation. IMO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 411 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/411?hl=baronmarto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.