pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 410 of 601.
#20451 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Otherwise known as confirmation bias.

Sorry to offend all of the English and Dutch here but let's be honest and put YOUR bias aside for a second.

#20452 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I dug up my notes on this when I spoke to Melissa about three weeks back. At that time I was told when I made my final payment, that the container that now shipped (supposedly) ~ two weeks ago, was to contain 30 for Cointaker customers, 10 for US early direct HW pre-order customers, and 5 for Canadian customers. So, they failed to collect the final payments from some people, I'm just not sure if they were Cointaker or not. Now giving this a little more thought, I guess they can't mix and match these, in other words, Cointaker orders go to Cointaker customers and early Pre-order to early Pre-order. Either way, you would be getting whatever trim choice was made by the person who dropped off. This is just what I scribbled down on a sheet of paper at the time, so don't hold my feet to any of this.

I don't think the container has been confirmed as shipped to CT, just that it is supposed to. Well a lot was supposed to happen by now. Has anyone heard from HW or CT that the container has for sure shipped?

#20453 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Has anyone noticed a trend with European based pinball manufacturers? I say, buy MADE IN THE U.S.A only. Period.</blockquot
Well we have JPOOP and the predator fiasco, sooo.

#20454 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Has anyone noticed a trend with European based pinball manufacturers? I say, buy MADE IN THE U.S.A only. Period.

LOL. You want my predator spot ?
Or do you prefer to be a Zidware / JPOP customer ?

Making Pinball is hard. Worldwide.

#20455 6 years ago

^Okay then companies in the U.S. that have an actual manufacturing plant that you can tour and watch them make games. A Pinside thread does not qualify as a real company.

Are you really putting Stern, JJP, AP, CGC and Spooky in the same category as DP and Heighway?

#20456 6 years ago

Just remember: J pop is American. All his shenanigans occurred right here. So did Kulek. Europe does not have anything close to a monopoly on fraud.

#20457 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Just remember: J pop is American. All his shenanigans occurred right here. So did Kulek. Europe does not have anything close to a monopoly on fraud.

Quoted from pipes:

A Pinside thread does not qualify as a real company.

I feel bad for the people that got caught up in that but that was an exceptionally huge gamble.

Okay, I take it back...please continue ordering Alien and Big Lebowski everyone. My bad.

#20458 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I feel bad for the people that got caught up in that but that was an exceptionally huge gamble.
Okay, I take it back...please continue ordering Alien and Big Lebowski everyone. My bad.

Ya, that's clearly what everyone here is suggesting

#20459 6 years ago

Jesus. You know what I meant.

#20460 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Jesus. You know what I meant.

Buy European only??

#20461 6 years ago

See...this is what happens when there's nothing to talk about.....

#20462 6 years ago

buy what is tangible. many games can be had today on the spot. cash and carry.

#20463 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I don't think the container has been confirmed as shipped to CT, just that it is supposed to. Well a lot was supposed to happen by now. Has anyone heard from HW or CT that the container has for sure shipped?

I thought Cointaker was asking for final payment weeks ago as if the container had shipped or was about to ship.

Have not heard back yet from Morgan on my response to their offer.

#20464 6 years ago

Here's the thing: if you want to be a European company then great, do it. Heighway is only sort of that, look at how much of the talent on Alien is from the US. IMHO that's not a good mix, just too much damn distance. I know I'd never attempt anything like it again.

#20465 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Why so serious? Get it? Your avatar? Forget it.
Remind me next time to pm you before I decide what to do with my games. I would have to have a starting bid for an auction too - hardly the case. I can assure you that I'm being very selective on what comes in and big IF on if I sell. But thanks for checking.
@fightnight - just my opinion but it's a blast. Still having a ton of fun with it - gets as much play as my other machines (which is low in general - I'm not ultra serious and play when I can). TNA is a good game too but I would be a little concerned with a limited variety. Maybe get both ; )

You sold yours? What did it sell/trade for?

#20466 6 years ago

Talked to Roger at Heighway today, wanted my address to send me a game. As I said I haven't been pushing on them, they're looking to try and settle all the game debts, and I'm on the list of people who need one. So we can put that one to bed. No idea when it will arrive, and I'm in no rush since I dunno where I'll even put it, but I'll update later.

Maybe I'll keep it, maybe I'll sell it, really gonna decide after I see how the emotions settle after it arrives.

#20467 6 years ago

I hope it brings you great Joy!, Aurich.

#20468 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Talked to Roger at Heighway today, wanted my address to send me a game.

Well, at least that's a good sign.

#20469 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Talked to Roger at Heighway today, wanted my address to send me a game. As I said I haven't been pushing on them, they're looking to try and settle all the game debts, and I'm on the list of people who need one. So we can put that one to bed. No idea when it will arrive, and I'm in no rush since I dunno where I'll even put it, but I'll update later.
Maybe I'll keep it, maybe I'll sell it, really gonna decide after I see how the emotions settle after it arrives.

Hey you did me a favor and held on to the custom hammer you made until I got home 6 months after ordering, I can at least return the favor and hold unto your Alien until you get room. JK, good to see you getting the pin.

#20470 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hey you did me a favor and held on to the custom hammer you made until I got home 6 months after ordering, I can at least return the favor and hold unto your Alien until you get room. JK, good to see you getting the pin.

lol, I remember that, was happy to help until you got home, I know how much you love your Metallica.

#20471 6 years ago

Thats weird, no games shiped to USA yet?
We have at least 30 le's here in Sweden.
Dont even have a guess how many in whole Europé, but there will be a great bunch.
Hope you guys get som games shiped over there soon it is usch a good and fun game.

#20473 6 years ago

"Now, 30 years since he left Sydney, the British businessman, who sold his successful company Heighway Pinball last year, is embarking on a new enterprise, to bring the last remaining Sydney hydrofoil around the world on its foils - back to Sydney Harbour."

#20474 6 years ago

DA6347F3-DB10-4D11-B81F-786EE88BC308 (resized).jpegDA6347F3-DB10-4D11-B81F-786EE88BC308 (resized).jpeg

What a joke. Today is April Fools right???

#20475 6 years ago

Just goes to show that you shouldn't believe what you read. Most of its bullshit.

#20476 6 years ago

March 2016, was when the hydrofoil was brought. How was Heighway travelling at that time?

If i had paid up to the original Heighway, i would be having fun on the Hydrofoil facebook page.

#20477 6 years ago

Just listed my ALIEN pinball for sale in Market, if anyone is hunting check it out and message me, thank you
Jess

#20478 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's the thing: if you want to be a European company then great, do it. Heighway is only sort of that, look at how much of the talent on Alien is from the US. IMHO that's not a good mix, just too much damn distance. I know I'd never attempt anything like it again.

It's not the distance - it was your lack of resources. I build products where the team is split across China, India, Norway, England, Ireland, East Coast, Central, and west coast. For the same delivery... its harder than being all in one spot, but that's not always available.

The key to your situation like west coast to UK is to have someone on the east coast competent enough to be a middle man with actual authority and brains to be able to represent either side to each other. The delay of decisions/investigation is really the biggest time suck when things miss the 'windows of time'.

We always aim to build with a small, co-located team to start... but rarely does that last. But we also build the tool to enable remote collaboration so we use 'em

Establishing personal trusts and connections early is essential as well. No tool replaces that.

#20479 6 years ago

Expected to see link to buy tickets for hydrofoil experience of a lifetime - round trip. Boat is in dry dock and will be ready in .... two weeks. Pay Now, Ride Later (much).

#20480 6 years ago

What exactly is a hyrdofoil?

#20481 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What exactly is a hyrdofoil?

http://bfy.tw/HQy6

#20483 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#20484 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The key to your situation like west coast to UK is to have someone on the east coast competent enough to be a middle man with actual authority and brains to be able to represent either side to each other.

that would have been melissa/cointaker, right?

#20485 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

that would have been melissa/cointaker, right?

Why would you suggest a reseller be part of the internal managememt?

#20486 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why would you suggest a reseller be part of the internal managememt?

i know you are sharp enough to read between the lines of my comment.

#20487 6 years ago

Ummm... my game is acting crazy - spitting out random balls...ending games early... rebooted, and launched two balls right away.

Reboot #2 ...let's see...

IMG_4462 (resized).JPGIMG_4462 (resized).JPG

If I start a game, will the tongue go in?

No....reboot #3

Tongue still out after reboot...time to lift the hood.

Hmmm, maybe this has something to do with it?

IMG_4464 (resized).JPGIMG_4464 (resized).JPG

Reconnected that...checked tongue mech...rebooted...

Not tongue doesn't come out at all. Suspect the switch that detects tongue... F it, lets start s game and see what happens...

IMG_4465 (resized).JPGIMG_4465 (resized).JPG

Wow....during ball one - game ended ball before it drained.

My game is now officially 'un-playable'.

Time to turn it off and come back to it fresh tomorrow.

Couldn't resist - booted up again and played one (crappy) game. Game #2, got Xeno multi-ball (no tongue)...kept spitting out balls until I had two left, then ended that ball with two still on the playfield.

Looks like I need to check/tweak the ball trough and xeno tongue switches.... fun.

#20488 6 years ago

It's probably a fuse.

(sorry for your troubles, just couldn't resist)

#20489 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

My game is now officially 'un-playable'.

Check to see if the balls have become magnetized. I had some serious issues with that until I found some pinballs that worked. The game would spit out too many balls and/or end early during regular play or end early during MB. If that isn't the issue perhaps there is a loose connector on the trough opto boards. It would be worth checking the switch test for those.

The Xeno tongue sticking out is an issue with the 1.1 code. When that happens I would turn off the game and manually push the tongue back in place until the switch was triggered. That issue is corrected in the next code update, which hopefully is released soon. In the meantime you can disable the tongue in the menus.

#20490 6 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Check to see if the balls have become magnetized. ....

Thanks for the tips! I've been messing with it again today...seems better. I did double check all the connections - opto's, etc. I could not get the xeno to work in any of the calibration tests - tweaked and triple checked the 'tongue switch'. Eventually, I disabled the Xeno in the menu, and I've been able to successfully play several games with multi-balls.

Regardless, I'm going to go ahead and order some good non-magnetizable (is that word?) balls just in case.

MOTHER F*CKER!! Just as I posted the above - started another game and got two ball spitting out on ball one.....grrrrrr...

#20491 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

MOTHER F*CKER!! Just as I posted the above - started another game and got two ball spitting out on ball one.....grrrrrr...

Did you take out the balls to see if they are magnetized?

#20492 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Thats weird, no games shiped to USA yet?
We have at least 30 le's here in Sweden.
Dont even have a guess how many in whole Europé, but there will be a great bunch.
Hope you guys get som games shiped over there soon it is usch a good and fun game.

I think when a shipment of 30 LEs shows up in the USA, you are gonna hear about it here and people will be a lot more happy with the company. But that event happening seems to be taking way longer than everyone expected, even with the new owners and new timeline.

#20493 6 years ago

Looks like they are. New balls have been ordered.

IMG_4472 (resized).JPGIMG_4472 (resized).JPG

#20494 6 years ago

thats what she said (resized).jpgthats what she said (resized).jpg

#20495 6 years ago

I am looking forward to new code as there are some glitches in this code like the Xenomorph tongue sticking in the out position occasionally . That being said there are some damn tough shots on this game. It keeps kicking my ass especially the hypersleep ramp. I am amazed when I actually get that shot. My other complaint is the trough on the airlock which sometimes fails to kick out a ball when I inadvertently shoot two balls into it during multiball. Maybe I can adjust the power on the trough kickout. It eventually does kick the balls out but it takes a little time.

#20496 6 years ago

With the center post and fairly small flipper gap, it's pretty shocking how hard this game is.

#20497 6 years ago

Favorite sushi? (Alien type food...)
Go!

#20498 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

What a joke. Today is April Fools right???

Looks like he is spending my money and having a great time. Still no $1500 refund after requesting for over 9 months. Such a shame!

#20499 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Looks like he is spending my money and having a great time. Still no $1500 refund after requesting for over 9 months. Such a shame!

Remember, he sold his successful pinball COmpaNy, Heighway Pinball.

I read it on the Internet so it must be true.....

#20500 6 years ago

That's what She said.

Alright Ted, I think your funny as hell but the old "that's what she said" shtick is so 2016. Time to post some boob or cigar shots. That stuff is timeless.

QSS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,999 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 410 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/410?hl=noahd42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.