DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 409 of 601.
#20401 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

It's still moving In the right direction all be it slowly and communication is still shitty.

That sums up everything really.

#20403 6 years ago

Ok so it’s down to either an AlienLE or a ACNC and I only have until Monday early morning to figure it out, plus the money burning in my pocket.

What to do.....I’m really feeling Alien, those that have put in a good amount of time on it, whatcha think?

#20404 6 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Ok so it’s down to either an AlienLE or a ACNC and I only have until Monday early morning to figure it out, plus the money burning in my pocket.
What to do.....I’m really feeling Alien, those that have put in a good amount of time on it, whatcha think?

Alien is an absolute classic. So unique and unbelievable atmosphere. Alien all the one. It's the more complete game.

#20405 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Alien is an absolute classic. So unique and unbelievable atmosphere. Alien all the one. It's the more complete game.

Says the seller of his holy grail.

#20406 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Says the seller of his holy grail.

Seller, or auctioneer?

#20407 6 years ago

Why so serious? Get it? Your avatar? Forget it.

Remind me next time to pm you before I decide what to do with my games. I would have to have a starting bid for an auction too - hardly the case. I can assure you that I'm being very selective on what comes in and big IF on if I sell. But thanks for checking.

@fightnight - just my opinion but it's a blast. Still having a ton of fun with it - gets as much play as my other machines (which is low in general - I'm not ultra serious and play when I can). TNA is a good game too but I would be a little concerned with a limited variety. Maybe get both ; )

#20408 6 years ago

Ok so it’s down to either an AlienLE or a ACNC and I only have until Monday early morning to figure it out

Alice Cooper isn't going to sell out Monday, unless you're just worried about getting in earlier

You want my advice? Sign up for Alice Cooper as soon as you can, get in line, pay your $1000. Wait and see how Alien shipping issues work out. Wait and see if you even like Alice Cooper when they show actual gameplay. I would be surprised if you couldn't sell your spot to someone if you want out.

There's a risk, and if you sign up and don't sell your spot that's your game, you're buying it. But it's gonna be a while before the final money is due, and in that time you can see if Heighway can ship games. They need to just tell people how long they have to wait, and then actually deliver in that time period. Spooky does. Heighway starts doing that you could sell ACNC spot and move over.

Keep in mind, Alice Cooper has super early code, and Alien has deep code, with a solid update close to being released. Software is not a problem with this game. If you could just order one, and get it in a reasonable time frame, with regular shipments going out to other people while you waited then I'd say get Alien.

Supporting Spooky is always good in my book though.

Quoted from delt31:

TNA is a good game too but I would be a little concerned with a limited variety. Maybe get both ; )

If the choice is get Alien, Alice Cooper, or TNA, then I'd get the TNA. I love mine. But again, 6 month wait.

#20409 6 years ago

Hey hey...happy Saturday!!

Just played some more of my updated, new and improved right out of the box Alien - IT IS AWESOME!!!!! If you are a fan of the movies, or if this is your grail theme - this game is the best thing since sliced bread.

But it's not easy.

Some will call it a 'clunker'...and there's some merit to that argument - the shots are tight. But if you can get into a flow on this machine, hit a multi-ball -stack another...Ohhh man. Light show - audio - awesome!

SO much improvement over the 'pre-production' game I've been playing this past year. Version 1.1 of the code MMMMMM yes. I had some chills tonight - no shit - a serious case of the chills at one point...

The sound is incredible!! Who needs a shaker with this much sub. No kidding.

Kneissl - I'll grab some pics of the cab wiring tomorrow. ...I'm just having too much fun playing tonight when everything's working and all... feel like I'm breaking it in - see a few things I'm gonna tweak (dreaming of launching from shooter right into the pops)...

#20410 6 years ago

Well i didn't get an email

The whole thing is a shit show from day one.

Why does Cointaker find itself in the middle of fiascos like this and Jpop? I don't get it.

#20411 6 years ago

I can only imagine the goodwill Heighway would reap if they could at least get machines to those paid in full. Shameful it's drug out this long for you guys.

IMG_4411 (resized).JPGIMG_4411 (resized).JPG

IMG_4427 (resized).JPGIMG_4427 (resized).JPG

IMG_4428 (resized).JPGIMG_4428 (resized).JPG

IMG_4430 (resized).JPGIMG_4430 (resized).JPG

IMG_4433 (resized).JPGIMG_4433 (resized).JPG

IMG_4434 (resized).JPGIMG_4434 (resized).JPG

IMG_4435 (resized).JPGIMG_4435 (resized).JPG

IMG_4436 (resized).JPGIMG_4436 (resized).JPG

IMG_4437 (resized).JPGIMG_4437 (resized).JPG

IMG_4438 (resized).JPGIMG_4438 (resized).JPG

IMG_4440 (resized).JPGIMG_4440 (resized).JPG

#20412 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Hey hey...happy Saturday!!
Just played some more of my updated, new and improved right out of the box Alien - IT IS AWESOME!!!!! If you are a fan of the movies, or if this is your grail theme - this game is the best thing since sliced bread.
But it's not easy.
Some will call it a 'clunker'...and there's some merit to that argument - the shots are tight. But if you can get into a flow on this machine, hit a multi-ball -stack another...Ohhh man. Light show - audio - awesome!
SO much improvement over the 'pre-production' game I've been playing this past year. Version 1.1 of the code MMMMMM yes. I had some chills tonight - no shit - a serious case of the chills at one point...
The sound is incredible!! Who needs a shaker with this much sub. No kidding.
Kneissl - I'll grab some pics of the cab wiring tomorrow. ...I'm just having too much fun playing tonight when everything's working and all... feel like I'm breaking it in - see a few things I'm gonna tweak (dreaming of launching from shooter right into the pops)...

Looks great. Alien is the only game where I find an external sub is not necessary. That's how powerful the provided equipment is in this pin.

#20413 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks great. Alien is the only game where I find an external sub is not necessary. That's how powerful the provided equipment is in this pin.

Have you tried an external sub - It makes a huge difference and I'd never go back.

#20414 6 years ago

Yeah - I have externals on all of mine. Tried it on alien and even though it's technically still plugged in, the difference without it is minimal compared to all my other pins. For example, MET, ST, Tron - with a sub we're talking HUGE diff. Alien - not so much.

#20415 6 years ago

Derelict ship mode does the bass test thing when you start it. if it's cranked you'll shake the whole house

#20416 6 years ago

That sub is better than any stern stock, but it's still only a $20 part - no comparison to an external.
https://www.parts-express.com/lanzar-maxp64-65-600-watt-subwoofer--292-2590

#20417 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Keep in mind, Alice Cooper has super early code, and Alien has deep code, with a solid update close to being released. Software is not a problem with this game. If you could just order one, and get it in a reasonable time frame, with regular shipments going out to other people while you waited then I'd say get Alien.

The thing that’s making the decision tough is that the AlienLE, I was told I could get it this week or next (thinking I might be grabbing someone’s spot who wants out, I’m not sure though). If I go that route, I won’t have the funds for ACNC, even if I don’t have to pay up for awhile. I like Alice, trust it’s going to be a good pin (the few rounds I played at TPF showed good promise once coding is up to par), but I also love Alien films, so it’s a tough choice.

Also, if I don’t choose soon, my wife will spend the funds on other things.

#20418 6 years ago

You better hurry!

#20419 6 years ago

The thing that’s making the decision tough is that the AlienLE, I was told I could get it this week or next (thinking I might be grabbing someone’s spot who wants out, I’m not sure though). If I go that route, I won’t have the funds for ACNC, even if I don’t have to pay up for awhile. I like Alice, trust it’s going to be a good pin (the few rounds I played at TPF showed good promise once coding is up to par), but I also love Alien films, so it’s a tough choice.

Your decision of course, but it feels like bad karma buying an Alien and jumping the queue. Crazy I know, but it just feels wrong. Even though these types of transactions are a big reason that Heighway is still operating.

#20420 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Your decision of course, but it feels like bad karma buying an Alien and jumping the queue. Crazy I know, but it just feels wrong. Even though these types of transactions are a big reason that Heighway is still operating.

The biggest problem in considering the purchase of an Alien is will this company still be active a year from now? I wouldn't buy one and its a grail for me, very happy I got out and was refunded in full. My advice to you kind sir is to wait on Alien as I am till its proven. Get a Met or TWD or something with complete code and great gameplay then sell it and buy a Alien when Heighway has shown its solid. JMO good luck

#20421 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The biggest problem in considering the purchase of an Alien is will this company still be active a year from now? I wouldn't buy one and its a grail for me, very happy I got out and was refunded in full. My advice to you kind sir is to wait on Alien as I am till its proven. Get a Met or TWD or something with complete code and great gameplay then sell it and buy a Alien when Heighway has shown its solid. JMO good luck

Yup, totally agree. Why get one now? Hopefully they start rolling off the line and shipped at a steady rate. Then go ahead and buy one once all the kinks are worked out in quality control when more have been built.

#20422 6 years ago

The thing that’s making the decision tough is that the AlienLE, I was told I could get it this week or next (thinking I might be grabbing someone’s spot who wants out, I’m not sure though).

Oh, well if you can just get it and you want it, then buy it.

I'm not worried about support for the machine. There's always a way to fix things, and the programming team aren't gonna vanish.

#20423 6 years ago

Thanks everyone! I’ll wait for now. I don’t want to line jump anyone, I agree that it’s bad karma. I went back and read a bunch of this thread, ouch.

#20424 6 years ago

Thanks everyone! I’ll wait for now. I don’t want to line jump anyone, I agree that it’s bad karma. I went back and read a bunch of this thread, ouch.

While I agree that it sucks for people who have been waiting for years (I can't even imagine the frustration - I feel for you guys), if you don't get the machine, someone else will. If you want it, get it. You haven't done anything wrong or stabbed anyone in the back to get it. It's just a lucky opportunity. There's no bad karma. If anything, you wouldn't even KNOW about this unless your karma was great.

I got in from Cointaker. I wasn't even around for the original Heighway fiasco, and honestly, I wasn't aware of any of it when I was on Cointaker's website last summer clicking the "preorder" button. I found out about Alien Pinball on a facebook post and wanted it, knowing nothing about the history, troubles with past customers, etc.

I can sympathize with people who have been screwed. It's a terrible situation. But if there's any blame and ill-will to be directed, it's at Heighway for not fulfilling purchases in order. Blaming people who were able to buy a machine after the initial group seems a bit unwarrented (unless that person really did do something underhanded to jump the line).

#20425 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

While I agree that it sucks for people who have been waiting for years (I can't even imagine the frustration - I feel for you guys), if you don't get the machine, someone else will. If you want it, get it. You haven't done anything wrong or stabbed anyone in the back to get it. It's just a lucky opportunity. There's no bad karma. If anything, you wouldn't even KNOW about this unless your karma was great.
I got in from Cointaker. I wasn't even around for the original Heighway fiasco, and honestly, I wasn't aware of any of it when I was on Cointaker's website last summer clicking the "preorder" button. I found out about Alien Pinball on a facebook post and wanted it, knowing nothing about the history, troubles with past customers, etc.
I can sympathize with people who have been screwed. It's a terrible situation. But if there's any blame and ill-will to be directed, it's at Heighway for not fulfilling purchases in order. Blaming people who were able to buy a machine after the initial group seems a bit unwarrented (unless that person really did do something underhanded to jump the line).

I agree with this. You shouldn't really feel too bad about this, not any more so than happening to buy the last of anything in a shop and depriving anyone else who might have bought one after you.

You shouldn't beat yourself up about this.. things are so scattershot in terms of when people are getting pins (or not at all) that there is clearly no real queue to speak of at all anyway. People are getting orders honoured seemingly randomly, with a clear preference towards new money. Under the circumstances you should just treat it as an fortuitous opportunity.

#20426 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I agree, however, its nothing short of a travesty that early depositors like MK6pin are not getting offered that LE. I could understand when it was the standards going out, since most early depositors were in for LEs, let the standards go out to get the cash pump primed and bugs ironed before shipping the LEs. I was actually OK with that. Now that we offering (supposedly available)LEs to people dropping off their orders, why the heck would they not go down the list chronologically?? I'm expecting my game within the next two weeks and have been in for a preorder for almost two years, the only difference between myself and guys that have a cash down a year earlier than me, is that I put my cash down with Cointaker, and those guys direct with Heighway.

#20427 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

its nothing short of a travesty that early depositors like MK6pin are not getting offered that LE.

actually some of us are

#20428 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I agree, however, its nothing short of a travesty that early depositors like MK6pin are not getting offered that LE. I could understand when it was the standards going out, since most early depositors were in for LEs, let the standards go out to get the cash pump primed and bugs ironed before shipping the LEs. I was actually OK with that. Now that we offering (supposedly available)LEs to people dropping off their orders, why the heck would they not go down the list chronologically?? I'm expecting my game within the next two weeks and have been in for a preorder for almost two years, the only difference between myself and guys that have a cash down a year earlier than me, is that I put my cash down with Cointaker, and those guys direct with Heighway.

From the perspective of Heighway 2.0 - would you either give a pin away to someone you have seen no money from, or give it to the person who has actually paid you money?

They said when they took over that the bank account was empty. It's a grim situation for sure, but "early depositors" have got no leverage at all. It is fortunate that (at least at the moment) Heighway 2.0 is trying to make them whole, out of their own pocket. Unfortunately the timeline for that seems to be measured in months & years, not weeks. Under the circumstances though there isn't a whole lot they can do about it.

If they had phoenixed the company the early depositors would've straight up lost their money. As it is right now, they have a slim chance of getting a pin at some point in the future, dependent on new money orders being fulfilled and enough profit (and goodwill) to write off to fulfill these Heighway 1.0 deposits & pre-orders.

#20429 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

my cash down with Cointaker, and those guys direct with Heighway.

From the perspective of Heighway 2.0 - would you either give a pin away to someone you have seen no money from, or give it to the person who has actually paid you money?

That's true, but many of these guys just have a deposit down. They are still going to pay ~6k when the game is ready to ship to them. So its not like they will get no additional cash from those guys and would should a tremendous amount of good will to the community that these guys are starting to get games. That goodwill alone would be worth the deposit plus price increase difference they would not get on those games. Maybe they are in fact doing some, like waywyrd, and its a moot point anyway. As someone that's fully paid on an Alien LE, I obviously have a vested interest in seeing this company succeed. In order for that to happen, there has to be a bright light at the end of this tunnel that is clear to see for long term depositors.

#20430 6 years ago

I agree, however with my "harsh but true" hat on - someone who had put a deposit down with Andrew is pretty much no different to me phoning Heighway today and demanding an Alien pin for $1000 off (or whatever the deposit was) the asking price.

#20431 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I would rather "sell" it for the most money I can get. Which would be to someone who hasn't given me anything yet and is paying the current top price.

I don't think it's bad karma in this case. If the company is barely treading water, new money in may be the only thing that keeps them afloat and helps them get to a point where they can fulfill older orders.

Caveat emptor though. No guarantee money directly to Heighway will result in a game so use a credit card and make sure you're covered.

#20432 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

No guarantee money directly to Heighway will result in a game so use a credit card and make sure you're covered.

DO NOT ever buy from Heighway directly. You are MUCH safer and your money more protected if you buy through Cointaker or another reputable distributor. Trust me, I speak from experience.

#20433 6 years ago

Well I just got “the email” this am asking if I want to pay in full and grab an LE that somebody else wasn’t taking

Credit card possibility. Appears to be next leg in trying to stay afloat

Is the Cointaker container lost at sea?

#20434 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm betting the container missed the boat entirely.

#20435 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I just got “the email” this am asking if I want to pay in full and grab an LE that somebody else wasn’t taking
Credit card possibility. Appears to be next leg in trying to stay afloat

This is mostly likely the Cointaker one. Mine is supposed to be on it. I paid my remaining balance with CC, which gives me some comfort. That was basically Cointaker being understanding to us jittery buyers and waving the fees. I honesty do think there are LEs getting ready to be delivered within the next 2 weeks (there are others that will disagree and rightfully so), my BIG concern at this point is if my game will be intact when I get it.

#20436 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This is mostly likely the Cointaker one. Mine is supposed to be on it. I paid my remaining balance with CC, which gives me some comfort. That was basically Cointaker being understanding to us jittery buyers and waving the fees. I honesty do think there are LEs getting ready to be delivered within the next 2 weeks (there are others that will disagree and rightfully so), my BIG concern at this point is if my game will be intact when I get it.

So BigD you think they are offering up a pin(s) that are already part of the "Cointaker container" to us early deposit guys?

#20437 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So BigD you think they are offering up a pin(s) that are already part of the "Cointaker container" to us early deposit guys?

I know this isn't the case, at least from the response I received to my reply to their offer. They are offering it to me shipped direct from them and as long as I don't want to change any options, shortly after payment. It sounds like all these emails recently received are pins on the line and ready to be wrapped up now.

#20438 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I know this isn't the case, at least from the response I received to my reply to their offer. They are offering it to me shipped direct from them and as long as I don't want to change any options, shortly after payment. It sounds like all these emails recently received are pins on the line and ready to be wrapped up now.

In that case, ask for COD.

#20439 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I dug up my notes on this when I spoke to Melissa about three weeks back. At that time I was told when I made my final payment, that the container that now shipped (supposedly) ~ two weeks ago, was to contain 30 for Cointaker customers, 10 for US early direct HW pre-order customers, and 5 for Canadian customers. So, they failed to collect the final payments from some people, I'm just not sure if they were Cointaker or not. Now giving this a little more thought, I guess they can't mix and match these, in other words, Cointaker orders go to Cointaker customers and early Pre-order to early Pre-order. Either way, you would be getting whatever trim choice was made by the person who dropped off. This is just what I scribbled down on a sheet of paper at the time, so don't hold my feet to any of this.

#20440 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

DO NOT ever buy from Heighway directly. You are MUCH safer and your money more protected if you buy through Cointaker or another reputable distributor. Trust me, I speak from experience.

Never never ever preorder a pin from a pinball company that has never ever made a pin before.

Never Ever.

#20441 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Never never ever preorder a pin from a pinball company that has never ever made a pin before.

They did make a pin before. Full Throttle.

#20442 6 years ago

Yep, I totally blanked on that. Thanks for reminder.

#20443 6 years ago

So it is worth noting:

Never never ever preorder a pinball machine from a company that has not made at least two production pinball machines (at least 750 machines each) before.

Never Ever.

#20445 6 years ago

Today's a special day, my birthday! It also marks the 1 year anniversary of my paid in full 'purchase' of Alien. Never in a million years did I imagine I'd still be waiting for something I paid nearly $9k for! If Melissa ever contacts me to collect the extra money I somehow will owe her to ship my game to me (cause I already paid HP for shipping) I'll probably just list it for sale here and have her ship it to whoever wants it. I'm tired of waiting, my excitement is gone...

#20446 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Today's a special day, my birthday! It also marks the 1 year anniversary of my paid in full 'purchase' of Alien. Never in a million years did I imagine I'd still be waiting for something I paid nearly $9k for! If Melissa ever contacts me to collect the extra money I somehow will owe her to ship my game to me (cause I already paid HP for shipping) I'll probably just list it for sale here and have her ship it to whoever wants it. I'm tired of waiting, my excitement is gone...

C3B3E125-9B3A-4755-98BE-4B6B920B233D (resized).jpegC3B3E125-9B3A-4755-98BE-4B6B920B233D (resized).jpeg

#20447 6 years ago

Enjoy my pin whoever gets it (#LE427). I am going with a WOZ instead. Couldnt stand dealing with Heighway and cointakers ups and downs and misinformation and then new guys getting pins over preorders (and then some selling them lol).

#20448 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

So it is worth noting:
Never never ever preorder a pinball machine from a company that has not made at least two production pinball machines (at least 750 machines each) before.
Never Ever.

I'd say never never ever preorder a pinball machine. Never ever.

Even if the company has been in business producing machines successfully for years.

Just buy it when they are shipping without a ridiculously long wait.

#20449 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

So it is worth noting:
Never Ever.

Has anyone noticed a trend with European based pinball manufacturers? As of right now I say, buy MADE IN THE U.S.A only. Period.

#20450 6 years ago

Otherwise known as confirmation bias.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 409 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/409 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.