pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 406 of 601.
#20251 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Hey SLAMT1LT...maybe you could explain how people with money in the game for years and years are being treated like horse shit and new blood is getting preference on the pins being shipped ? Makes the rest of us very nervous we will be treated the same if we were to suport your company and buy ALIEN. Also, I think peeps just want their pin already, screaming takes too long!

Likely prioritizing cash flow and long term company sustainability vs what is fair.

#20252 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Yes, I completely agree. This whole situation has been handled poorly. Game number 3 is in development but no way in hell are we making any announcement until everything that's wrong with the Alien fiasco is fixed. And we can and will fix it.
Will anyone buy game number 3? Right now, I'd say not a chance. Or at least not in any significant number. We have to fix this, rebuild our reputation. Start over. And it all starts with making sure our games are reliable and backed up with a solid support structure.
To be frank, Andrew was only ever a half decent salesman (much like David Brent from The Office...in fact EXACTLY like David Brent from The Office.) Completely hopeless at managing a company and we've been dealing with the shit storm he left behind.
We've all come so close to losing our jobs so many times over the past few years, and many have quit. Those that remain, are completely committed to making this work. It would be very easy for us to just say "fuck it" and close the doors and move on, but we're not doing that. We have a plan and there is a future for this company.
If it helps (and it helps me), open your window right now, stick your head out and scream: "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

Thank you for this honest post. You might be in a "no win" situation, but I would strongly suggest a post like this is way more positive than radio silence. I can see the passion and desire in this post, and that gives me hope.

#20253 6 years ago

Actions speak louder than words (lol Andrew) but there hasn't been much action in months...barley any words either

#20254 6 years ago

Slamt1lt should be on here every other day answering questions and giving updates. Want to see how it's done...just go to the American Pinball Thread!

#20255 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

However, if you or any other owners or players have problems with scorekeeping on 4 player games with current software (v1.1), please feel free to DM me with details, as I'd certainly want to diagnose that and get it fixed.

Sorry I was just asking because I wasn't sure which code VFW is running currently, but I though they said it still had the issue. Anyway, during 4 player games immediately after 4th players 1st ball the scoring goes wacky and turns useless.
I worked hard for the 1 point!

vlcsnap-2018-03-04-13h44m31s281 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2018-03-04-13h44m31s281 (resized).png

#20256 6 years ago

so successfully installed the EL blades. Pretty straight forward although the wiring was a little trick but I figured it out. In the event someone needs help if they buy theirs sep like mine (didn't have a choice as I was buying whatever they had left), pm me.

I have to say that as an owner without EL blades and now with them on - HUGE diff. It actually brings in the little light that I wanted in the dark and doesn't kill the mood. PERFECT. Get these installed on yours out of factory if you have a choice! You can really see the artwork too when it's dark. Big plus.

Also for those wondering the lights are essentially inserts that match the size of the side blade and are plastic with what must be a light built in.

20180304_144610 (resized).jpg20180304_144610 (resized).jpg
20180304_144556 (resized).jpg20180304_144556 (resized).jpg
20180304_144543 (resized).jpg20180304_144543 (resized).jpg
20180304_144549 (resized).jpg20180304_144549 (resized).jpg

#20257 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry I was just asking because I wasn't sure which code VFW is running currently, but I though they said it still had the issue. Anyway, during 4 player games immediately after 4th players 1st ball the scoring goes wacky and turns useless.
I worked hard for the 1 point!

I guess the guy with 2 points worked twice as hard.

Yeah, those are pretty wacky scores. I'm not aware of any problems like that with current code. (Version number shows up when powering on the game or entering the operator menus.) I believe Clay has a new computer as part of his care package that should have current code. Once that is up and running, please let me know if you continue to have problems. Thanks!

#20258 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Perhaps, it is because I don’t appreciate being called clueless.

So you were triggered. My apologies...

#20259 6 years ago

Changed my Avatar, and out of the club ( never really in as no machine after almost 4 years) ...a tough thread for me to read anymore.

If I get the machine, I'll post....otherwise pretty dark here for me moving forward....maybe it all has a happy ending....just can't look at anything Alien anymore...good luck...mark

#20260 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I guess the guy with 2 points worked twice as hard.
Yeah, those are pretty wacky scores. I'm not aware of any problems like that with current code. (Version number shows up when powering on the game or entering the operator menus.) I believe Clay has a new computer as part of his care package that should have current code. Once that is up and running, please let me know if you continue to have problems. Thanks!

Are you saying that this is the only/first time you are hearing of this scenario? Game was shipped about May 10, 2017. That's what code it has, the May 10, 2017 version.

Thanks. And no thanks to that POS, Andrew Heighway. What appropriate initials he has.

#20261 6 years ago

I know there was a multiplayer context management bug a long time ago -- May 2017 sounds about right. I don't recall the exact details of what its effects were, but corrupted scores could've certainly been in the mix. AFAIK that bug was fixed around that time and hasn't reappeared since. If this machine is now running v1.1 code, I would not expect it to continue having this problem. If you find otherwise, please feel free to ping me directly.

Thanks.

#20262 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That's what code it has, the May 10, 2017 version.

So update it to 1.1 and see what happens.

#20263 6 years ago

Sweet I’ll go update my machine right now! Oh wait....no machine.

#20264 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Changed my Avatar, and out of the club ( never really in as no machine after almost 4 years) ...a tough thread for me to read anymore.
If I get the machine, I'll post....otherwise pretty dark here for me moving forward....maybe it all has a happy ending....just can't look at anything Alien anymore...good luck...mark

Wow.....that is insane to see and read. You have always been like....One of the guys from the very beginning.

Very sad to see this.

#20265 6 years ago

Fingers crossed guys.
70 containers lost at sea off coast of North Carolina in high seas storm.
That would be a nightmare.

#20266 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I have no idea. For reference, let's call it "v 100". Whatever we could get via the silent treatment from Heighway Pinball. So, basically nothing.
This is notwithstanding the new computer that recently arrived, without the necessary cables nine months later.
Also keep in mind the POS sold the machine with no Alein head mechanism.

This is the same game that Clay just got all the replacement hardware for right, including the new PC so it can run latest stuff, etc... right?

Is this really a current concern, or are you working on the old premise of what they had prior to about two weeks ago?

#20267 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This is the same game that Clay just got all the replacement hardware for right, including the new PC so it can run latest stuff, etc... right?
Is this really a current concern, or are you working on the old premise of what they had prior to about two weeks ago?

Yes, and yes. No response for over six months. Especially the Alien Head mechanism.

#20268 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Fingers crossed guys.
70 containers lost at sea off coast of North Carolina in high seas storm.
That would be a nightmare.

Link?

#20272 6 years ago

Sooo...if you head over to the "outer banks" you might get lucky and have an Alien pin wash ashore?

#20273 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Sooo...if you head over to the "outer banks" you might get lucky and have an Alien pin wash ashore?

This thread will end up merging with the Oak Island when Pinsiders start taking scuba classes.

#20274 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Ya, but you will have to wait a long time for replacement parts, cpu, and boards.

#20275 6 years ago

UPDATE:

Received reply from Morgan right away. Very encouraging email.

They are working towards satisfying both the Cointaker shipment AND "early private buyers". What that means exactly will be communicated "shortly".

#20276 6 years ago

Ya, but you will have to wait a long time for replacement parts, cpu, and boards.

Might be faster.

#20277 6 years ago

Haven't they been saying the same thing more or less since forever? It is nice you got a quick reply but doesn't sound like any info at all.

#20278 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They are working towards satisfying both the Cointaker shipment

The Cointaker shipment is fine and on the way?

#20279 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

UPDATE:

They are working towards satisfying both the Cointaker shipment AND "early private buyers". What that means exactly will be communicated "shortly".

Let me preface this update with I received this almost identical update about early private buyers about 3-4 weeks ago(I'm guessing their new standard answer to questions regarding it) and made me feel better at the time but that wore off quickly. No new information since then obviously, here's to hoping "shortly" will be soon and this isn't just them pushing off people again with same BS stock answers but I'm not holding my breath for anything Heighway related.

#20280 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The Cointaker shipment of ~75 LEs is both on its way and waiting to be fulfilled. Schrödinger's boat.

#20281 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not sure its actually "on its way" yet

Quoted from bemmett:

Let me preface this update with I received this almost identical update about early private buyers about 3-4 weeks ago(I'm guessing their new standard answer to questions regarding it) and made me feel better at the time but that wore off quickly. No new information since then obviously, here's to hoping "shortly" will be soon and this isn't just them pushing off people again with same BS stock answers but I'm not holding my breath for anything Heighway related.

Oh we both know BS walks and pin delivery talks, and i'm sure they are trying to deliver as many LE's as possible on this next shipment so I'm just viewing this part as at least some acknowledgment that they are considering us "early private buyers" along with Cointaker.

#20282 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Yes, and yes. No response for over six months. Especially the Alien Head mechanism.

So its the past... yet you are talking about it as if its current. No beuno

#20283 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

The Cointaker shipment of ~75 LEs is both on its way and waiting to be fulfilled. Schrödinger's boat.

You know, 75 don't fit in any container! I do this for a living, I really know. 2 containers yes, 1 no.

#20284 6 years ago

You know, 75 don't fit in any container! I do this for a living, I really know. 2 containers yes, 1 no.

I think the container that come in (round 1) with my game fit 23.

#20285 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

UPDATE:

I really hope so.

Last time he told me they'd be letting "early LE preorders" know something (about what we'd get instead of the fiber ramps) was in August, i think. Still don't recall ever hearing anything official from them about that.

It's almost like they're trying to suck at communication

#20286 6 years ago

IMG_2579 (resized).JPGIMG_2579 (resized).JPG

#20287 6 years ago

I understand that they are shipping LEs to new money to keep the company afloat, but how are they tracking/accounting for the specific numbers people have reserved (to make sure the pins end up in the right hands)?

#20288 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I understand that they are shipping LEs to new money to keep the company afloat, but how are they tracking/accounting for the specific numbers people have reserved (to make sure the pins end up in the right hands)?

Simple... if a number is reserved and you dont plan on fufilling that order now... dont use that number.

The numbers can be assigned to built games in anyway they desire

#20289 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Simple... if a number is reserved and you dont plan on fufilling that order now... dont use that number.
The numbers can be assigned to built games in anyway they desire

Yes, but I just hope they are keeping track of them.

#20290 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Heighway is actually sending about 10 of the pre orders on this shipment. Not sure which customers are getting them.
The hold up has been due to the 3 color choices for trim. Trying to get everyone what they want. Please be patient, good things are coming.

Melissa
CoinTaker

#20291 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Heighway is actually sending about 10 of the pre orders on this shipment. Not sure which customers are getting them.

Not it! lol

Hopefully soon....

--Jeff

#20292 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

The hold up has been due to the 3 color choices for trim. Trying to get everyone what they want. Please be patient, good things are coming.
Melissa
CoinTaker

Thanks for keeping everyone informed!
-Sean

#20293 6 years ago

Nothing is on the way to CT yet, it is being packed up now/soon.

#20294 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Nothing is on the way to CT yet, it is being packed up now/soon.

All 72?

#20295 6 years ago

lol I highly doubt it!

#20296 6 years ago

Well, it really doesn't matter as what they're telling everyone is just plain bullshit. Seriously, I've never seen a company that consistently lies & lies about it's product the way Heighway/New Guys have. It's actually quite insulting to be a part of this abomination. I would never want something so bad as to put up with the absolute unthruths they have throw at people here.
Not directed at anyone on the list, mind you, in fact I admire their faith in people, but maybe I'm just jaded.
When I bailed out back on June 18, I was told that if I stayed on board there would be a pin delivered to me within 2 weeks of that date. Nope-I bailed out and got a refund. Thank God I went thru CT, although if I were them I'd seriously take a 2nd look at all the negativity that this particular pin has spawned and drop them (Heighway) as a client. People are people and it will only be a matter of time before they'll blame CT for this.

#20297 6 years ago

I give Cointaker a lot of respect for standing behind Alien. If they didn't I know I wouldn't have even bought one as I know they're a staple in the industry and stand behind the product. I basically credit them for even giving Alien a viable chance in the states. Good thing bc it's one of the best and I think they know that which is why they themselves took the gamble.

Happy to support them going forward.

#20298 6 years ago

Cointaker has no reason to continue this relationship with Heighway, yet they do, and because of it people in the US are actually getting games and the preorder individuals have a shot at actually receiving one in the future. I cannot imagine how much stress that company has caused them.

I know from personal experience with my Alien just how upset she got that my game was essentially a lemon. While we may not always see what she does, she does fight for her customers and has contacted Heighway on multiple occasions just in my case alone to express that issues needed to be resolved.

Cointaker has always taken care of me and my family in regards to purchases and products that they put their name behind. Alien has been no exception. Bravo to Cointaker, shining light in a sometimes dark community.

#20299 6 years ago

Anyone want a set of pin stadium lighting for alien? I have a set still boxed up I'm not going to use with gi plug-in and UV glow flasher options $235 shipped.

Scott

#20300 6 years ago

Cointaker has to stay with Alien lol. They arent "CHOOSING" to. They already paid them for however many they ordered back in the day during the initial purchase and have been stuck like us to get THEIR money back. So dont try and pass off like they are honoring or supporting these clowns or are taking the high stance and continuing business with them and make them sound like they're doing this for us lol. They are stuck with them until they fulfill the orders they paid for. They just fronted the cash like ALL us preorders did, just they are lucky in the fact that they are a business entity and get priority over those that went the direct route with Heighway orders. All that money is gone regardless. Who would you rather have sue you....a individual with only a small amount of cash..or a huge pin company with deeper pockets?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 406 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/406?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.