pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 405 of 601.
#20201 6 years ago

Wait fir it....

#20202 6 years ago

LED strips like Pinstadium don't look ideal on games that have long plastic ramp returns or a lot of plastics underneath the strips. I hate that glare effect from the LED strips on ramp returns or seeing the reflection on plastics.

#20203 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

LED strips like Pinstadium don't look ideal on games that have long plastic ramp returns or a lot of plastics underneath the strips. I hate that glare effect from the LED strips on ramp returns or seeing the reflection on plastics.

I don't get super bright games being played in the dark? I hate that. My room is lit...not super bright but there is lighting. I like to be able to see what I'm doing. If you are going to play in complete darkness (weird) then the lights should all be dimmer and a more even brightness (no major "hot spots"). But that's just me.

#20204 6 years ago

so the illuminated blades came in but no instructions. If anyone can take pics of theirs (Specifically where the two power wires go from the metal box go) would be appreciated.

#20205 6 years ago

My game room's lights are all on a dimmer, I tend to set the lighting pretty low, but never totally dark. Agree that the Pinstadium lights look pretty awful on Alien, this is a modern game that's supposed to be dark, that much bright light is overkill and looks bad against the ramp returns. I think Pinstadium lights look best on making 90s era DMD games that were underlighted pop, not sure I see the value in putting them in a new game.

#20206 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think Pinstadium lights look best on making 90s era DMD games that were underlighted pop, not sure I see the value in putting them in a new game.

Exactly. My Baywatch and Big Hurt are totally different looking games with proper, even ,warm white LED strips along the sides.

#20207 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My game room's lights are all on a dimmer, I tend to set the lighting pretty low, but never totally dark. Agree that the Pinstadium lights look pretty awful on Alien, this is a modern game that's supposed to be dark, that much bright light is overkill and looks bad against the ramp returns. I think Pinstadium lights look best on making 90s era DMD games that were underlighted pop, not sure I see the value in putting them in a new game.

Trying not to get too off topic but they are fantastic on WOZ and that's pretty new. I'm still longing for the day I get to see / play an Alien.

#20208 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It doesn't look like Heighway or their games will be present at TPF.
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/game-line-up/2018-game-line-up/
Perhaps Cointaker will bring an Alien game to play since they are a distributor, but nothing from the official source it appears.

Dang. That's too bad. More and more, this is just going in my rear view mirror. Bought NIB GotPro and a nice CFTBL within 2 months of each other this year already. Scared Stiff or MBr will prolly be next.

Between the three, that's about....$16k or so. That could have gone to Alien - if it ever becomes a reality.

HP, you need to get it together. This title, for me at least, is in danger of going "Could have been...." stale.

#20209 6 years ago

Having a ball blasting space beings here in Australia. Only had Alien for a short time but trust me, it’s a freaking blast.

470EDC24-3389-4972-86A4-63E7E48F4044 (resized).jpeg470EDC24-3389-4972-86A4-63E7E48F4044 (resized).jpeg

#20210 6 years ago

So no LEs headed to Cointaker? No news?

Does anyone have a list of working Alien games in location in the states?

#20211 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Having a ball blasting space beings here in Australia. Only had Alien for a short time but trust me, it’s a freaking blast.

Now that is a great sight Aliens Invade SA

#20212 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Buddy Holly The Crickets (resized).jpgBuddy Holly The Crickets (resized).jpg

#20213 6 years ago

IMO unless they're revealing a new machine, they should stay away.

There've been a lot of costs since the takeover.

Until they have a new product to announce and sell, they're wise to avoid expensive, disruptive travel & show attendance.

Better they focus all resources on satisfying the victims of the previous regime, any new Alien orders via distributors, and development of the new machine.

#20214 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Until they have a new product to announce and sell, they're wise to stay away from expensive, disruptive travel and show attendance.
Better they focus all resources on satisfying the victims of the previous regime, any new Alien orders via distributors, and development of the new machine.

Well said. They would just face an onslaught of angry US preorder costumers at TPF, who are looking for definitive answers that they are obviously reluctant to give.

#20215 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Does anyone have a list of working Alien games in location in the states?

I just got an email from Cointaker asking me to pay off my LE, and that a container is on the way.

Anyone else get contacted by them?

#20216 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I just got an email from Cointaker asking me to pay off my LE, and that a container is on the way.

Why not pay off when game is actually in their warehouse?

#20217 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Quoted from neverahighscore:

Yeah screw that...I wouldn;t pay a goddamn ting till it's in their hands.

#20218 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Or at least when there is proof it's at the dock....

#20219 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Any dates on the container shipment? No email from CT yet for me

#20220 6 years ago

They are incredible on new games, so I have to disagree with a poster above. I have one on Dialed in LE and a Houdini. Definitely amazing improvement. I play with lights off, but even with them on, every person who has come over to play says they are afraid to get even one set because then they will have to have them on every game. The reason they aren’t so good on alien is because there is no gi integration yet and the reflection off the left ramp plastic. That being said, it’s still way better than playing with the lights on. It’s Alien. It’s suppose to be dark and creepy. Your comment on the brightness is ridiculous as you can adjust both white and color from 100% to 0% as you see fit. For alien, I just put it at like 25 percent for both. To keep it mostly dark but light enough to see the art and ball better.

D961A991-78AC-43EF-8091-B5DBC0E2EC92.jpegD961A991-78AC-43EF-8091-B5DBC0E2EC92.jpeg
54568A83-A554-4234-B215-4DECABDD511B.jpeg54568A83-A554-4234-B215-4DECABDD511B.jpeg
4CA49657-7878-4B41-B901-51FF27478DAC.jpeg4CA49657-7878-4B41-B901-51FF27478DAC.jpeg
383F7A64-2AE3-49A0-905F-A2BF4E98343D.jpeg383F7A64-2AE3-49A0-905F-A2BF4E98343D.jpeg
68FAAF55-3FFA-405C-9004-B6C45CDE41FA.jpeg68FAAF55-3FFA-405C-9004-B6C45CDE41FA.jpeg
0B2CF6E7-FCD8-4E70-8AD3-A1EA9A9B5F60.jpeg0B2CF6E7-FCD8-4E70-8AD3-A1EA9A9B5F60.jpeg

#20221 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Until they have a new product to announce and sell, they're wise to avoid expensive, disruptive travel & show attendance.

Yep, still a totally F ed up situation. No Cointaker container yet, no surprise.

People getting parts with no instructions? No surprise.

Myself being a first responder order and deposit without jack shit, no surprise.

Honestly, why they thought they could revive this thing the way Andrew left it is beyond me. especially after I'm grabbing my ankles waiting for the "newbies" to get their pin

At this point, I would rather eat my deposit than pay the remaining balance due for some half ass deal, especially after I'm grabbing my ankles waiting for the "newbies" to get their pin.

I don't care wtf it plays like. They have a LONG ways to go before they can even think about announcing game #2? Is that a joke?

The ongoing BS is amazing and hard to take.

#20222 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah screw that...I wouldn;t pay a goddamn ting till it's in their hands.

How can anyone possibly down vote this given the fact HP still owes refunds. Some people are clueless.

#20223 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How can anyone possibly down vote this given the fact HP still owes refunds. Some people are clueless.

Because Cointaker is not Heighway, Lol. Ask for a tracking number and pay the rest of your bill when your game is arriving at their shop. Bunch of babies in here getting all worked up with mass hysteria.

The refunds have 0 to do with new people paying for their machine when it’s on its way and it’s time to pay for the game. Jesus Christ.

Look at the photo below and you will see what happens when you pay off the rest of your bill when she calls you....

Are you ready? I don’t want you to get triggered...

Tada! An alien appears in your game room a few weeks later.

#20224 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Because Cointaker is not Heighway. Lol. Ask for a tracking number and pay the rest of your bill when your game is arriving at their shop. Bunch of babies in here getting all worked up with mass hysteria.

The refunds have 0 to do with new people paying for their machine when it’s on its way and it’s time to pay for the game. Jesus Christ.

Look at the photo below and you will see what happens when you pay off the rest of your bill when she calls you....

89D2537A-D605-46AF-947F-165624AE46A7.jpeg89D2537A-D605-46AF-947F-165624AE46A7.jpeg

#20225 6 years ago

Why are you being such a dick about it?

Cointaker are not Heighway, but Cointaker are dealing with Heighway.

If they're asking for payment to be made in full, I don't see how it impacts them to wait until the machines actually arrive? What if they turn up broken? What if they don't turn up at all? In those situations the Cointaker customers who had paid the balance of their order in full - because they were asked to - would be at the mercy of Heighway (via Cointaker) as to when replacement pins would be shipped again.

Given how delicate cashflow appears to be at Heighway I'm not sure I'd want to gamble on them replacing 15+ LE pins (allegedly the number on this mythical boat) in a reasonable amount of time.

Hopefully this boat actually exists and these pins are on it, and arrive safely. In the absence of any proof whatsoever I'd advise caution.

#20226 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Why are you being such a dick about it?
Cointaker are not Heighway, but Cointaker are dealing with Heighway.
If they're asking for payment to be made in full, I don't see how it impacts them to wait until the machines actually arrive? What if they turn up broken? What if they don't turn up at all? In those situations the Cointaker customers who had paid the balance of their order in full - because they were asked to - would be at the mercy of Heighway (via Cointaker) as to when replacement pins would be shipped again.
Given how delicate cashflow appears to be at Heighway I'm not sure I'd want to gamble on them replacing 15+ LE pins (allegedly the number on this mythical boat) in a reasonable amount of time.
Hopefully this boat actually exists and these pins are on it, and arrive safely. In the absence of any proof whatsoever I'd advise caution.

Perhaps, it is because I don’t appreciate being called clueless. Obviously Cointaker has their own policies regarding payment. If you didn’t like that policy you shouldn’t have ordered one. I have had 0 issue with them including getting a totally fucked Alien machine back up to running order and now again needed a new play field. Perhaps that’s because I am kind to the distributor and ask for help when I need it, I speak to them with appreciation and as an adult instead of getting pissed off and yelling or denying payment etc.

If you were that worried about CT screwing you then you should have never ordered a new money LE from them. If you are old money, pick your bone with Heighway because if not for CT, no one in the US would have one coming ever, and they don’t decide when HW makes old money games.

Once again, heighway is not CT. You catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

#20228 6 years ago

Cointaker may be a great company but are being made to look like a set of clowns by Heighway pinball with all the lies that are being said but if they are happy to pass the lies on to customers that makes them as bad I don’t know why cointaker put up with the endless lies and don’t just terminate Heighway as a distributor it must be just as much hassle for them as you guys
The last few jjp and chg shipments that came to the UK pinball heaven posted the tracking no of the ship so you could see where it was on it’s trip also pics of it being loaded and unloaded at this end a deposit is paid to secure it them payment in full when in the UK and scheduled for delivery I think that is the correct way to go
Heighway said that people would see there Le by December it’s now March and still only speculation that’s why people don’t want to pay in full
Be interesting to see if it comes with the shaker motor as promised

#20229 6 years ago

It's been awhile, so I just wanted to post something on behalf of the Alien dev team... we're continuing to improve the code, with better audio, better video, better lighting, better score balancing, and an overall better software experience heading your way, as we work on Alien software v1.2.

Thanks for continuing to support Alien! We hope you love the game now, and love it even more as it matures.

#20230 6 years ago

Perhaps, it is because I don’t appreciate being called clueless. Obviously Cointaker has their own policies regarding payment. If you didn’t like that policy you shouldn’t have ordered one. I have had 0 issue with them including getting a totally fucked Alien machine back up to running order and now again needed a new play field. Perhaps that’s because I am kind to the distributor and ask for help when I need it, I speak to them with appreciation and as an adult instead of getting pissed off and yelling or denying payment etc.
If you were that worried about CT screwing you then you should have never ordered a new money LE from them. If you are old money, pick your bone with Heighway because if not for CT, no one in the US would have one coming ever, and they don’t decide when HW makes old money games.
Once again, heighway is not CT. You catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

Cointaker is, unfortunately, being dragged further into this HP disaster with every misrepresentation they parrot. I will NEVER buy a Heighway product, ever, after Andrews bs with me, and find myself as a consumer, questioning CT. Never a good place for a distributor to be.

Have dealt with CT for years, never an issue. This however is a HUGE issue for ‘original money’ buyers getting what they paid for years, YEARS(!!) ago.

Now if CT is helping with QC issues, more should let us know. That would seriously be a redeeming trait for CT. I’m hoping that’s the case.

#20231 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

... better score balancing,...

Does the code currently allow correct 4 player scoring?

Quoted from Roostking:

When you have an alien avatar in the Alien thread don't expect a fair and balanced thought process

#20232 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Does the code currently allow correct 4 player scoring?

Ummm... yes, AFAIK. Do you have some reason to believe it doesn't do so?

#20233 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Any dates on the container shipment? No email from CT yet for me

I didn't get a date yet. However, I was somewhat pro-active in contacting them about the LE. I called them a few weeks back just to ask about how things were going and they told me to email them a color (black, blue, or green). If you have a down payment on one, I'd call them on Monday and just ask about if one of these that's being shipped is earmarked for you. Here's the email they sent me (it also contained an invoice with my remaining balance):

"Balance is now due as they are getting ready to ship the container,
Please make payment arrangements."

#20234 6 years ago

My patience meter is on zero now.

I'm launching emails every day until i get a reply from these guys.

And will bombard them here until we get some answers.

#20235 6 years ago

Hunh. She called and I paid at the end of last June...

Still no Alien in my game room.

I'm not complaining, but there isn't exactly a direct relationship between payment and delivery a couple weeks later.

#20236 6 years ago

So I have a broken Alien SE that came from cointaker. The shipment of LE’s is supposed to be here by next week or the week after. I was told they have 45 of them coming.

#20237 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Hunh. She called and I paid at the end of last June...
Still no Alien in my game room.
I'm not complaining, but there isn't exactly a direct relationship between payment and delivery a couple weeks later.

I guess its who complains the loudest.

They jumped into the situation to make a buck. Just like Jpop and the Zombie "Cointaker edition".

No problem, good for them but the guys that took over Heighway just need to ship the F ing pins that people paid for in a somewhat FAIR manner if they want a company in the future. Or NOT.

Pay last June? I paid 4 years ago.

I really don't even want the pin until they get their shit together. Does anybody really think that Cointaker can head out overseas to make sure they deliver on their promises and service what they have? The service is GARBAGE and the QC is spotty. The whole thing is a cluster F.

Heighway pinball is being short sighted here and it will cost them big time.

I have had a deposit for 4 yrs and they can take that $$$ and shove it up their asses as far as I'm concerned. I'm not gonna be held hostage by them or Cointaker.

#20238 6 years ago

Sorry, only 3 1/2 years ago as I posted and supported this effort from page 1 of this thread.

#20239 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ummm... yes, AFAIK. Do you have some reason to believe it doesn't do so?

Yes.

#20241 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Can you provide some details?

Yes. The game that Andrew lied about and conned Clay into buying for the last VFW showcase (which arrived after the showcase as Andrew lied about when he shipped it) has flaky scoring for player 4 during the 1st ball. Then, the code runs away during the 2nd ball and the game eventually locks up. Basically, we put a sign on the bottom arch stating only play a 1-3 player game.

#20243 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Which code version is this?

I have no idea. For reference, let's call it "v 100". Whatever we could get via the silent treatment from Heighway Pinball. So, basically nothing.
This is notwithstanding the new computer that recently arrived, without the necessary cables nine months later.
Also keep in mind the POS sold the machine with no Alein head mechanism.

#20244 6 years ago

Alright, I realize that you or Clay have had a lousy experience. I'm very sorry for that, but unfortunately that's out of my control. However, if you or any other owners or players have problems with scorekeeping on 4 player games with current software (v1.1), please feel free to DM me with details, as I'd certainly want to diagnose that and get it fixed.

#20245 6 years ago

The fact pinball heaven is not selling them says a lot

It’s a Shame as the game actually looks really good

#20246 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

The fact pinball heaven is not selling them says a lot
It’s a Shame as the game actually looks really good

Interest in Alien in the UK is pretty much zero. Which is ridiculous considering they are made here. They only have themselves to blame though- good luck with a 2nd game, I can't see anyone pre ordering after this shambles.

#20247 6 years ago

Isn't it a lot more expensive here in the UK? (for some unknown reason)

#20248 6 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Interest in Alien in the UK is pretty much zero. Which is ridiculous considering they are made here. They only have themselves to blame though- good luck with a 2nd game, I can't see anyone pre ordering after this shambles.

Yes, I completely agree. This whole situation has been handled poorly. Game number 3 is in development but no way in hell are we making any announcement until everything that's wrong with the Alien fiasco is fixed. And we can and will fix it.

Will anyone buy game number 3? Right now, I'd say not a chance. Or at least not in any significant number. We have to fix this, rebuild our reputation. Start over. And it all starts with making sure our games are reliable and backed up with a solid support structure.

To be frank, Andrew was only ever a half decent salesman (much like David Brent from The Office...in fact EXACTLY like David Brent from The Office.) Completely hopeless at managing a company and we've been dealing with the shit storm he left behind.

We've all come so close to losing our jobs so many times over the past few years, and many have quit. Those that remain, are completely committed to making this work. It would be very easy for us to just say "fuck it" and close the doors and move on, but we're not doing that. We have a plan and there is a future for this company.

If it helps (and it helps me), open your window right now, stick your head out and scream: "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

#20249 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Yes, I completely agree. This whole situation has been handled poorly. Game number 3 is in development but no way in hell are we making any announcement until everything that's wrong with the Alien fiasco is fixed. And we can and will fix it.
Will anyone buy game number 3? Right now, I'd say not a chance. Or at least not in any significant number. We have to fix this, rebuild our reputation. Start over. And it all starts with making sure our games are reliable and backed up with a solid support structure.
To be frank, Andrew was only ever a half decent salesman (much like David Brent from The Office...in fact EXACTLY like David Brent from The Office.) Completely hopeless at managing a company and we've been dealing with the shit storm he left behind.
We've all come so close to losing our jobs so many times over the past few years, and many have quit. Those that remain, are completely committed to making this work. It would be very easy for us to just say "fuck it" and close the doors and move on, but we're not doing that. We have a plan and there is a future for this company.
If it helps (and it helps me), open your window right now, stick your head out and scream: "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

Communication is key. Posts like this help to reassure people even though ultimately you haven't given any concrete details of shipments, etc. When there is radio silence, and emails go unanswered for weeks (or don't get answered at all), that's when your customers lose faith, and start telling anyone who will listen of their bad experience. When there is enough negativity swirling around you end up in a situation which can quickly become unrecoverable.

No one wants new Heighway to fail, but there are a number of people who have money down who deserve to know where they stand, even if it its the cold, hard truth of "we don't have an update for you right now, but we are committed to making you whole, please bear with us", etc. In the absence of any updates people start to speculate, and fear the worst.

#20250 6 years ago

Hey SLAMT1LT...maybe you could explain how people with money in the game for years and years are being treated like horse shit and new blood is getting preference on the pins being shipped ? Makes the rest of us very nervous we will be treated the same if we were to suport your company and buy ALIEN. Also, I think peeps just want their pin already, screaming takes too long!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 405 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/405?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.