pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 404 of 601.
#20151 6 years ago

I see it in the vids. Very quick I wouldn't be surprised if I never noticed but mine does it. Will check tonight. It's not dramatic like a DI

#20152 6 years ago

I've had a few big flings, but mostly more subtle. Not as much action as the xmen wolverine shot.

#20153 6 years ago

so mine does not fling the ball. Just tried. I wonder if it's the cliffy I put on it? Anyone's fling AND have a cliffy protector around it?

I checked the setting and they were all on default. Alien targets are registering well.

#20154 6 years ago

Magnet Gate

#20155 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so mine does not fling the ball. Just tried. I wonder if it's the cliffy I put on it? Anyone's fling AND have a cliffy protector around it?
I checked the setting and they were all on default. Alien targets are registering well.

A Cliffy will not affect the magnet.

#20156 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

A Cliffy will not affect the magnet.

Does yours fling?

#20157 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Does yours fling?

Sounds like a personal problem.....

#20158 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Does yours fling?

It is confirmed... mine does not fling. But it does properly grab the ball for multiball.

Still... it doesn't have anything to do with the Cliffy. My IM has the same exact Cliffy on it and that thing tries to throw the ball through the glass!

#20159 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It is confirmed... mine does not fling. But it does properly grab the ball for multiball.

Still... it doesn't have anything to do with the Cliffy. My IM has the same exact Cliffy on it and that thing tries to throw the ball through the glass!

It don’t mean a thing if it ain’t got that fling... except when it does.

#20160 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

OK same with mine. I sent a debug log to the guys to see what's going on. Magnet works but no fling haha

#20161 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Mint does not fling the ball. It's only active when it stops ball. Can someone confirm? The ball hits the Alien head target and moves from that but I didn't think that was the magnet. Could be wrong

Yes mine flings the ball but as mentioned by a previous person it is subtle in action.

#20162 6 years ago

Re: FlingGate...

Don’t Panic. Your machines are fine. You almost certainly are indeed getting fling, but it’s subtle enough that it’s often either flinging straight up or down (basically just decelerating or accelerating the ball a smidge) or looking like a weird rebound off the center targets. I’ve implemented some new fling code that’s more chaotic so there will be much less doubt that you got flung. That will be in 1.2.

Thanks to all for the feedback, keep it up. We remain committed to making this beast the best it can be.

#20163 6 years ago

I eagerly await the "fling". Nice!!!

#20164 6 years ago

Turns out getting your main game programmer a production machine is a good idea!

#20165 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Turns out getting your main game programmer a production machine is a good idea!

You think?

#20166 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

some new fling code

ooohhh!!! I need to implement that in the POS software im writing

--Jeff

#20167 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I’ve implemented some new fling code that’s more chaotic so there will be much less doubt that you got flung.

cue up the tympani roll, the late great Don Pardo announces:

"Now with improved FLING"

another great moment in marketing...

@ferret's contribution (besides making it work)

"It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that fling"

ddt

#20168 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

cue up the tympani roll, the late great Don Pardo announces:
"Now with improved FLING"
another great moment in marketing...
ferret's contribution (besides making it work)
"It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that fling"
ddt

Are you brainstorming a "fling " sound effect?

#20169 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Are you brainstorming a "fling " sound effect?

This is an event collision as the magnet turns on when the Xeno targets are hit. There are already a bunch of angry Xeno sounds (for having been hit by a ball bearing). There will probably be a few more.

You can consider the 'fling' of your ball as a response of having been swatted at by the aforementioned Xeno.

ddt

#20170 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

ooohhh!!! I need to implement that in the POS software im writing
--Jeff

I'm sure your software isn't that bad

*rimshot*

#20171 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

This is an event collision as the magnet turns on when the Xeno targets are hit. There are already a bunch of angry Xeno sounds (for having been hit by a ball bearing). There will probably be a few more.
You can consider the 'fling' of your ball as a response of having been swatted at by the aforementioned Xeno.
ddt

It's a great idea and makes sense - I just want to see it become a reality on mine. Great addition. Such a good game.

#20172 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Re: FlingGate...
Don’t Panic. Your machines are fine. You almost certainly are indeed getting fling, but it’s subtle enough that it’s often either flinging straight up or down (basically just decelerating or accelerating the ball a smidge) or looking like a weird rebound off the center targets. I’ve implemented some new fling code that’s more chaotic so there will be much less doubt that you got flung. That will be in 1.2.
Thanks to all for the feedback, keep it up. We remain committed to making this beast the best it can be.

Thanks a flinging lot!!!

#20173 6 years ago

Sooo..... anyone heard more news on any crates of machines coming to the US?

#20174 6 years ago

Today a further shipment from Heighway Pinball arrived with Alien LE's in all colours.

HAve a look on https://www.facebook.com/rspinball/posts/572168659798313

The machines go next week to all their customers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland

Best Regards from RS-Pinball e.U. out of the FlippArena Vöcklabruck

#20175 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Sooo..... anyone heard more news on any crates of machines coming to the US?

Approximately 2 weeks away. Shipment of LE's and spare parts for people like me.

#20176 6 years ago

Still haven't been contacted by CT and not expecting to be at this point, how many here have been?

#20177 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Approximately 2 weeks away.

#20178 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

Today a further shipment from Heighway Pinball arrived with Alien LE's in all colours.

So the LEs are definitely shipping now.

#20179 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Apparently. I wonder if they're paying any attention to the "reserved" numbers.

#20180 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

The machines go next week to all their customers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
Best Regards from RS-Pinball e.U. out of the FlippArena Vöcklabruck

From those pictures, I'd say the green looks the least good. The blue looks much better then I expected...but I chose black and am sticking with it.

Quoted from nwpinball:

Looks like for Europe they are.

#20181 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

From those pictures, I'd say the green looks the least good. The blue looks much better then I expected...but I chose black and am sticking with it.

Good pix! At least you get a good idea what the colors look like. (er, stay with black)

#20182 6 years ago

so my game NOW HAS FLING! Devs got back to me after sending the log and this adjustment fixed it for me.

"Currently the minimum on time is 45ms and the maximum is 55ms. If you change these adjustments to 30ms and 60ms, respectively, it will add more variation"

Now the ball does move after each xeno hit - some are more drastic than others but I already had one fling into the bumpers. Sweet.

#20183 6 years ago

Good to hear. Others can also try that and let us know how it goes. Next rev code is even, uhh, flingier.

#20184 6 years ago

I received most of my parts from Heighway Pinball, couple of days ago.

It sure would be nice to know where most of it hooked up.
I’m sure I can figure it out.

I’m still missing ramps and one side art,plus one lower jaw.

This is for two prototype Aliens.

F5C3E63E-D4A8-459D-9D4F-65DB7807D4C8 (resized).jpegF5C3E63E-D4A8-459D-9D4F-65DB7807D4C8 (resized).jpeg

8343938C-46EC-4B10-AEC9-27FB48615E8E (resized).jpeg8343938C-46EC-4B10-AEC9-27FB48615E8E (resized).jpeg

DFA14817-C67F-4024-9C01-F68DC0B2465E (resized).jpegDFA14817-C67F-4024-9C01-F68DC0B2465E (resized).jpeg

CC5B45C4-8E0F-4A0F-8647-75027A371661 (resized).jpegCC5B45C4-8E0F-4A0F-8647-75027A371661 (resized).jpeg

#20185 6 years ago

Drove 45 minutes to go try Alien again and see if the game was playing any better than the last visit I had. This location has 29 games. Only ONE of them was broken. Of course Alien. Half the lights seemed out and it kept spitting out balls non-stop. Totally unplayable, so I just turned it off.

I had re-watched the Alien movies this week in anticipation of trying to follow the game better. I want to like it, but it's a dog! This location has games from almost every era, and Alien seems to be the only game they can't keep working.

#20186 6 years ago

Is there an alien on location in LA?

#20187 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I received most of my parts from Heighway Pinball, couple of days ago.
It sure would be nice to know where most of it hooked up.
I’m sure I can figure it out.
I’m still missing ramps and one side art,plus one lower jaw.
This is for two prototype Aliens.

Have you seen this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upgrading-the-heighway-alien

Perhaps you can join in the fun and have one thread for others to use as a reference?

#20188 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

so I just turned it off.

did you at least contact the operator and tell them?

What location is it?

#20189 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Have you seen this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upgrading-the-heighway-alien
Perhaps you can join in the fun and have one thread for others to use as a reference?

Thanks,I didn't see this posted yet
I will add it to the fun.

#20190 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What location is it?

I wonder if it's an early one or recent production

#20191 6 years ago

The early production one that I bought from Pinsider Libtech works perfectly. We have owned five pins and this is by far the favourite for our family and friends to play. I for one hope that Heighway keeps pumping out the pins so that they get positive cash flow and make it right for the early preorder group.

#20192 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What location is it?

They have their own onsite tech, and yes they know it's broken.

#20193 6 years ago

Soooo quiet

#20194 6 years ago

So where's this boat then? Presumably hallway across the Atlantic? I guess by now there would be some evidence of it actually existing?

#20195 6 years ago

No kidding. I enjoy hearing about people getting parts and games even if it isn't me.

Silence is..... kinda scary

#20196 6 years ago

So will there be any presence at TPF at all? Seems like a wasted opportunity if not.

If they were planning to show a new game originally, but shelved that idea, why not come promote the game they actually have for sale?

Are there that many people out there owed money/games still? Don't want to risk an incident?

#20197 6 years ago

It doesn't look like Heighway or their games will be present at TPF.
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/game-line-up/2018-game-line-up/

Perhaps Cointaker will bring an Alien game to play since they are a distributor, but nothing from the official source it appears.

Quoted from frolic:

So will there be any presence at TPF at all? Seems like a wasted opportunity if not.
If they were planning to show a new game originally, but shelved that idea, why not come promote the game they actually have for sale?
Are there that many people out there owed money/games still? Don't want to risk an incident?

#20198 6 years ago

Illuminated side blades should be arriving to me shortly. Good to know that you can truly add things to your machine if you don't get them stock from factory. Will update with pics when they come in

#20199 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Illuminated side blades should be arriving to me shortly. Good to know that you can truly add things to your machine if you don't get them stock from factory. Will update with pics when they come in

Did you install the pinstadium kit? I did. It does help tremendously while playing in the dark, yet it does detract from the game’s feel and the gi integration is not functional yet. Also it makes the lighted EL blades disappear. Lastly, the reflection off that stupid left ramp plastic is pretty gnarly. I’ve decided only to have them turned on in the dark.

AFA8F8E9-9053-42CB-9211-6A71975EDDB3 (resized).jpegAFA8F8E9-9053-42CB-9211-6A71975EDDB3 (resized).jpeg

234880C8-7D18-4E5A-ACFD-39BEE58A7C44 (resized).jpeg234880C8-7D18-4E5A-ACFD-39BEE58A7C44 (resized).jpeg

AEA99BF2-6ADC-4E09-8704-F42D429AD1DE (resized).jpegAEA99BF2-6ADC-4E09-8704-F42D429AD1DE (resized).jpeg

#20200 6 years ago

I did but returned it. It's a great product and for the right pin, makes a huge diff. For the reasons you mentioned (especially the reflection off that left ramp, I couldn't deal with that at all) - it just wasn't the right fit. When I used it I kept it at the lowest setting possible otherwise it completely removes the ambiance.

Scott was great throughout - super quick feedback and return. He's thinking of updating them for Alien so in the event a few of the issues are fixed, I could try again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 404 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/404?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.