By HeighwayPinball

3 years ago

Stats

• 20,097 posts
  • 876 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 266 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,055 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CC5B45C4-8E0F-4A0F-8647-75027A371661 (resized).jpeg
DFA14817-C67F-4024-9C01-F68DC0B2465E (resized).jpeg
8343938C-46EC-4B10-AEC9-27FB48615E8E (resized).jpeg
F5C3E63E-D4A8-459D-9D4F-65DB7807D4C8 (resized).jpeg
AH (resized).jpg
riddler04.jpg
ramps (resized).png
8FAC182C-9D2A-4552-98D0-69728BF54E8D (resized).jpeg
3DED21F0-1499-47E5-9DC2-24445F947ED5 (resized).png
4A5B5BC2-AD17-4BC2-9A96-97A8AED2B1AB (resized).jpeg
BC6AC86D-9C4F-4F07-8DB7-7E7B9DDAB366 (resized).jpeg
FB820358-C10E-49C4-B3DD-09A2B7991176 (resized).jpeg
842BEA88-4263-498F-B98E-401E205E226B (resized).jpeg
06663A82-A66B-4CDD-9DAF-C82E9B8645AF (resized).jpeg
F585E833-9ACA-4148-8FF0-007CA23F0ACF (resized).jpeg
C9342759-962D-4DCC-B22A-3501496B364E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 20097 posts in topic. You are on page 403 of 404.
#20101 10 days ago

Id still like to know what the final verdict was on what we get back from them taking out the fiber optic ramps. Last stated was Heighway said they're working on it, cointaker said they confirmed we are getting around $450 back but I'll take that with a grain of salt. Anybody got any money back or was charged less or received any updates???

#20102 10 days ago

Look...the bottom line is that if they went out of business, everybody would be screwed. At least this way there is hope. Even the poppadouchebag people now have a glimmer of hope. And that's better than nuthin!

#20103 10 days ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

cointaker said they confirmed we are getting around $450 back

I was told we are getting exactly $0.0 back for the fiber optic ramps. That was 2 weeks ago when I asked that question specifically.

#20104 10 days ago

I am pleased to finally report that some of my missing LE items have finally arrived, along with several upgraded mechanisms from Helmut@ Heighway today. My LE backglass (Aurich Edition) should also ship out in the next few weeks.

In the past month I have seen a fantastic change in communication and response time.
I hope this is a sign of a positive outlook for everyone and that Heighway is committed to making everyone whole.

Time will tell....

C9342759-962D-4DCC-B22A-3501496B364E (resized).jpeg

F585E833-9ACA-4148-8FF0-007CA23F0ACF (resized).jpeg

06663A82-A66B-4CDD-9DAF-C82E9B8645AF (resized).jpeg

842BEA88-4263-498F-B98E-401E205E226B (resized).jpeg

FB820358-C10E-49C4-B3DD-09A2B7991176 (resized).jpeg

BC6AC86D-9C4F-4F07-8DB7-7E7B9DDAB366 (resized).jpeg

4A5B5BC2-AD17-4BC2-9A96-97A8AED2B1AB (resized).jpeg

3DED21F0-1499-47E5-9DC2-24445F947ED5 (resized).png

#20105 10 days ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I am pleased to finally report that some of my missing LE items have finally arrived, along with several upgraded mechanisms from Helmut@ Heighway today. My LE backglass (Aurich Edition) should also ship out in the next few weeks.
In the past month I have seen a fantastic change in communication and response time.
I hope this is a sign of a positive outlook for everyone and that Heighway is committed to making everyone whole.
Time will tell....

Looks nice, were you always number 94?

#20106 10 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes sir

8FAC182C-9D2A-4552-98D0-69728BF54E8D (resized).jpeg

#20107 10 days ago

Some hard truths in this thread as of late. The early preorder guys are really between a rock & hard place. Is what it is I guess.

I'm amazed they appear to be holding true to the LE numbering system from previous ownership. I figured they would just call them all unnumbered "LEs" at this point and try to sell as many of them as possible. They'd be stupid not too. Get as much new money coming in as possible.

#20108 10 days ago

Yes sir

Are those return ramps you received new ones that stop the ball jump issue? I can't tell as the thing I want to see is on the other side of them.

ramps (resized).png

#20109 10 days ago
Quoted from budroosker:

Are those return ramps you received new ones that stop the ball jump issue? I can't tell as the thing I want to see is on the other side of them.

I believe that is exactly what they are supposed to help

#20110 10 days ago

I believe that is exactly what they are supposed to help

Good News! Can you provide an update after you run them through the wringer?

#20111 10 days ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Id still like to know what the final verdict was on what we get back from them taking out the fiber optic ramps. Last stated was Heighway said they're working on it, cointaker said they confirmed we are getting around $450 back but I'll take that with a grain of salt. Anybody got any money back or was charged less or received any updates???

I was told that my $450 would be used to pay for shipping to the US and then I would have to pay for shipment from Cointaker to my home address.

#20112 10 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you forgot something on that quote you intentionally altered...

"???"

Quoted from Whysnow:

so it is all a scam to TRY and get people already duped to give you more deposit money and pot in to another JPOP scam ???

sorry, i didnt interpret it as a question.

IS IT a scam??? would be a question.

IT IS a scam.. reads as definitive... with the question marks indicating the cloud of wonderment hanging over your head as you contemplate whether you really believe what you just wrote.

if i ask someone if they are simpleminded or a know-it-all, am i garnering sufficient protection against repercussions simply because i phrased that thought in the form of a question ??? if so, please dont turn me in if/when i use ???

1) is bullwinkle mr. know-it-all ???
2) bullwinkle is mr. know-it-all.
3) bullwinkle is mr. know-it-all ???

1) how you should have worded it.
2) how you came across.
and 3)
hmmm... perhaps your are right.
is see what you did there. number 3.
here are your question marks.

riddler04.jpg

you win the grammar contest.
on the other hand, do you really think 3 questions marks at the end of your statement takes away from whatever you were trying to convey with that deeproot post ??? hardly, it only serves to further your reputation while at the same time skirting the ideals you try to hold others to.

the more significant point to be made is that the deeproot matters you alluded to were uninformed, unjustified, and without proof. you clearly didnt take the time to read the terms of the offer [deeproot was not asking for additional 'deposit money'] and ignored any/all evidence that the company is moving forward as opposed to becoming 'another JPOP scam'.

#20113 10 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Missing the goddamn alien head mech

Hey just got the message the Xeno head is in. Looks like I'll be slapping it on and playing a little tonight.

#20114 10 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey just got the message the Xeno head is in. Looks like I'll be slapping it on and playing a little tonight.

Oh good but when will you be installing it in the pin?

#20115 10 days ago

So has anyone called CT for that shipping info? I remember in October I talked to Melissa almost every other day until I got that info. I would just hate for this not to happen but those shipping papers and number are critical

#20116 10 days ago

Am I the only one who thinks he knows that there aren't 45 LE's currently on their way to the States? I hope I'm very wrong mind you but

#20117 10 days ago
Quoted from Dano:

Even if it was on their fb page (it's not) You don't think that people that paid them thousands of dollars should maybe get a direct email when they decide to release a bunch of LE's?

oh yeah, I completely agree!

First communication from team heighway should be to all paid buyers before it even goes on social media. period

#20118 9 days ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I was told we are getting exactly $0.0 back for the fiber optic ramps. That was 2 weeks ago when I asked that question specifically.

Hmmm, if this is true...i see further legal action being taken. Upon purchasing the machines, we entered a contract that had those ramps included in the price paid. Upon removing those ramps they broke their end of the contract and are now offering no recourse really sets them up for legal actions....not that they would have any money or such to pay, just sets them up for a huge fall. We aren't talking pennies here either on that fiber optic ramp. If I paid for car and got it without an engine at the same price....you can guarantee there would be an issue.

#20119 9 days ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Hmmm, if this is true...i see further legal action being taken. Upon purchasing the machines, we entered a contract that had those ramps included in the price paid. Upon removing those ramps they broke their end of the contract and are now offering no recourse really sets them up for legal actions....not that they would have any money or such to pay, just sets them up for a huge fall. We aren't talking pennies here either on that fiber optic ramp. If I paid for car and got it without an engine at the same price....you can guarantee there would be an issue.

If you're going to go with the "cargument" then I would say it's more akin to your car missing the heated steering wheel vs the engine.

#20120 9 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If you're going to go with the "cargument" then I would say it's more akin to your car missing the heated steering wheel vs the engine.

It's a missing part regardless that was paid for originally that was removed and not reimbursed. Don't care what you call it.

#20121 9 days ago

If i recall what we signed said subject to final build specs. No legal action warranted

#20122 9 days ago

Reality check. So much more would be spent on legal fees it wouldn't be worth filing a suit. Not even close.

#20123 9 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

While i also agree the ramp lighting does not equate to a missing engine, the cost of a heated steering wheel upgrade does not typically cost ~10% of the sales price of a car either.

Though i personally won't miss lit ramps from a looks or playability perspective, they were a big ticket (the largest, i think) add-on for the LEs and that certainly went into the calculus of people's decision on whether to go in for an LE vs. a standard. Now a lot of us are stuck getting an LE (hopefully) that we would probably not have bothered with had we known about all the various changes so we should get at least a little something for that. I get that they're not obligated to do that, but to succeed as a company they need customers, so they really should be concerned with small gestures like that that might help them keep customers in a way that the "be happy you're getting anything" attitude will not.

Oh, that, and actually updating and responding to people who've given them thousands. That too.

#20124 9 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Reality check. So much more would be spent on legal fees it wouldn't be worth filing a suit. Not even close.

In my experience, that doesn't always stop a lot of people

#20125 9 days ago

The fiber optics were just Andrew's sales talk to get people on board. I highly doubt it was ever part of the original design. Personally I think it doesn't fit Alien and I understand it is left out.

#20126 9 days ago

Actually they said they would remove the optics and instead we get the large backbox screen instead. I paid extra for that (and for chrome finish and demirrored glass) but if I just get the machine I am happy at this point. If things were different I would be much more aggrivated, but the guys that took over the firm essentially saved me from getting nothing at all...

#20127 9 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Consumer protection laws are wayyyy stronger in Europe

#20128 9 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well didn't get to it. I was ready to tackle it but I guess they want to wait for instructions for the install...might be helpfull

AH (resized).jpg

#20129 9 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well didn't get to it. I was ready to tackle it but I guess they want to wait for instructions for the install...might be helpfull

Instructions? We're MEN...we don't need no stinking instructions!

#20130 9 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Instructions? We're MEN...we don't need no stinking instructions!

Believe me that's what I said

#20131 8 days ago

How is the magnet action near the Xenomorph? When I played it last year at Texas it didn't seem to do a lot. Does it act to just hold the ball for the ball lock or does it act like Sparky magnet at all?

Does anyone know if there is going to be a production Alien at TPF?

#20132 8 days ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

How is the magnet action near the Xenomorph? When I played it last year at Texas it didn't seem to do a lot. Does it act to just hold the ball for the ball lock or does it act like Sparky magnet at all?
Does anyone know if there is going to be a production Alien at TPF?

It flings the ball on every hit advancing towards Ambush Multiball. There are a few places where this is disabled, notably when modes and multiballs are already running.

It grabs the ball during mode and multiball starts at the targets to allow for presentation.

There's a lot of randomness in the fling effect - I've seen it nearly throw the ball into the center drain. I've also seen it throw upwards back into the targets for a second hit.

#20133 8 days ago
Quoted from bcd:

It flings the ball on every hit advancing towards Ambush Multiball. There are a few places where this is disabled, notably when modes and multiballs are already running.
It grabs the ball during mode and multiball starts at the targets to allow for presentation.
There's a lot of randomness in the fling effect - I've seen it nearly throw the ball into the center drain. I've also seen it throw upwards back into the targets for a second hit.

Nice. That's what I was hoping to hear. I was in on an LE last year through Highway and got out when things went south.

I'm considering getting one when they are available to pick up/ship from Cointaker.

#20134 8 days ago
Quoted from bcd:

Mint does not fling the ball. It's only active when it stops ball. Can someone confirm? The ball hits the Alien head target and moves from that but I didn't think that was the magnet. Could be wrong

#20135 8 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Mint does not fling the ball. It's only active when it stops ball.

Are you on the 1.1 release?

I would double check the adjustments that affect the flinging (towards the end of the Alien adjustment list). There are 3 of them. If they're not at factory default value (it will tell you) then reset them and try again.

There's also a magnet test in the operator menus, or you can test in a game with the glass off - it will work the same way.

#20136 8 days ago

Delt, mine works the same way as yours. I've never seen it fling the ball, only hold it in place for the tongue. Next time I talk to Helmut, I'll ask if it's designed to work that way.

#20137 8 days ago
Quoted from swenny:

I've never seen it fling the ball

Both Alien pins that I've had fling the ball. One of my favorites is when the magnet flings the ball into the airlock. I've seen this a half dozen times. Sometimes it tosses the ball into the pops.

If you are not seeing this then something isn't right.
I've never changed the magnet settings from default.
DDT

#20138 8 days ago

would love to see video of this if you have it. I'll check tonight.

#20139 8 days ago

Figures... another problem.

#20140 8 days ago
Quoted from swenny:

Figures... another problem.

I've never seen any alien machine do this though. Need to look into it. Maybe they all didn't work haha

#20141 8 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've never seen any alien machine do this though. Need to look into it. Maybe they all didn't work haha

It could be like DI with a magnet action that almost always needs to be tweeked form the factory & also was never really explained to anyone?

#20142 8 days ago

Good point.

Just to confirm - the way it should work is the ball hits the two alien targets side by side and then the magnet grabs it and flips it around

#20143 8 days ago

Yes, and either target will count. Keep in mind it will not fling during a mode or multiball, this is by design.

Also if you nick the targets to the outside, it will either fall back out of the magnet's range or come back too slowly for it to have an effect. So you're not guaranteed action every time, but for a dead-on center shot it should.

#20144 8 days ago

and what settings will effect this? I will check to see if they are not default on mine.

#20145 8 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

would love to see video of this if you have it.

I am remodeling my studio right now. In about a week I will have pins in the new remodeled space. After my pinball machines are in a heated, well lit space, shooting a video of magnet action will be easy. Stay tuned....

ddt

#20146 8 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

and what settings will effect this? I will check to see if they are not default on mine.

Delt, mine has never done this either. But now that I think about it. I am always in a mode, so it likely just hasn’t done it. I only hit it in modes or in multiball.

#20147 8 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just to confirm - the way it should work is the ball hits the two alien targets side by side and then the magnet grabs it and flips it around

Something you should check: in switch test - are your two Xeno targets adjusted to be sensitive enough? Mine were not and a fair number of Xeno target hits were not registering. After some adjustment they were registering all the shots that should have been hits. The magnet will not work very well if the switches are not adjusted to be sensitive.

ddt

#20148 8 days ago

the magnet action is readily apparent throughout the 3+ hour dead flip stream of Hiltons prototype. lots of shots taken at the xeno. below is a timestamp featuring ben heck and two reactions in about 30 seconds, the second of which sends the ball into the pops.

» YouTube video

also working on Join the Cirqus' machine, another prototype:

» YouTube video

unfortunately, some gameplay video of more recent machines exhibit little to NO effect at all, which has now been confirmed by owners of newer production machines. hopefully, it can be remedied through software settings.

#20149 8 days ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the magnet action is readily apparent throughout the 3+ hour dead flip stream of Hiltons prototype. lots of shots taken at the xeno. below is a timestamp featuring ben heck and two reactions in about 30 seconds, the second of which sends the ball into the pops.
» YouTube video
also working on Join the Cirqus' machine, another prototype:
» YouTube video
unfortunately, some gameplay video of more recent machines exhibit little to NO effect at all, which has now been confirmed by owners of newer production machines. hopefully, it can be remedied through software settings.

.....thanks for posting this? Actually helpful hornet. Thanks.

#20150 8 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Mint does not fling the ball. It's only active when it stops ball. Can someone confirm? The ball hits the Alien head target and moves from that but I didn't think that was the magnet. Could be wrong

Quoted from bcd:

Are you on the 1.1 release?
I would double check the adjustments that affect the flinging (towards the end of the Alien adjustment list). There are 3 of them. If they're not at factory default value (it will tell you) then reset them and try again.
There's also a magnet test in the operator menus, or you can test in a game with the glass off - it will work the same way.

The one at Emporium in Chicago (played less than 3 weeks ago on whatever was latest code then) never flung the ball either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 129.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 208.87
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 20097 posts in topic. You are on page 403 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside