pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 401 of 601.
#20001 6 years ago

Pretty decent first ball and two all out war in one game on my LE, and some pics of our visit in Vegas Pinball Of Fame.

IMG_1930 (resized).JPGIMG_1930 (resized).JPG

IMG_1922 (resized).JPGIMG_1922 (resized).JPG

IMG_1931 (resized).JPGIMG_1931 (resized).JPG

IMG_1799 (resized).JPGIMG_1799 (resized).JPG

IMG_2188 (resized).JPGIMG_2188 (resized).JPG

IMG_2190 (resized).JPGIMG_2190 (resized).JPG

#20002 6 years ago

IMG_1071 (resized).JPGIMG_1071 (resized).JPG

#20003 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Pretty decent first ball and two all out war in one game on my LE, and some pics of our visit in Vegas Pinball Of Fame.

You win! Now let’s see some alien gameplay videos so you can teach us how to get those monster scores, GJ! I have completed both movies and gotten 3 multiballs, except hyper and my score was only 187million

#20004 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

You win! Now let’s see some alien gameplay videos so you can teach us how to get those monster scores, GJ! I have completed both movies and gotten 3 multiballs, except hyper and my score was only 187million

Stack the multiballs, hyper sleep and sentryguns will get you many jackpots.

#20005 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Pretty decent first ball and two all out war in one game on my LE,

Holy moly. 1.3 billion? Congrats!

And nice to know that two AOWs in a game works properly.

#20006 6 years ago

Now let’s see some alien gameplay videos so you can teach us how to get those monster scores,

Stacking multiballs is indeed valuable. So is winning modes... mode bonus can be huge, and also has a big impact on the mini-wiz modes... and you can earn mode bonus from mini-wiz modes too. And of course smart use of 2X Playfield.

#20007 6 years ago

Ferret are you aware of the sentry mb issue I mentiOned in previous post?

Also does anyone know which flipper return spring is used? Mine snapped in half....

7CCFE1FC-D93F-4D85-BC2E-2DB61D15605B (resized).png7CCFE1FC-D93F-4D85-BC2E-2DB61D15605B (resized).png

#20008 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

People must be crazy to think after they drop 7k on a game it should work more then 3 day

You were the one comparing customer support to stern. For the price of these games darn right support should be stellar. We all know the truth though.

#20009 6 years ago

This is the first time UK pinsiders could buy a UK machine, yet the price is higher than US, and we can't buy direct from HP. I buy a lot, but won't be buying this unless the price improves for UK peeps. I wanted to turn up in a van and buy this!

There was a massive price hike we will never forget. PM me HP, if you can be assed. Otherwise, you have lost me as a customer, and I suspect many other British people. Again, like you friggin' care...

#20010 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

PM me HP, if you can be assed. Otherwise, you have lost me as a customer, and I suspect many other British people. Again, like you friggin' care...

they don't read pinside....fyi. Post on facebook.

#20011 6 years ago

I don't 'do' Friendface. Anyway, imagine the nightmare this machine will be in 10 years when HP is out of business. Sheesh. When you think 10-20 years ahead for the new companies, it gets scary.

Anyway, HP has ditched its home country customers so fuck 'em. Bankruptcy awaits them.

#20012 6 years ago

ferret are you aware of the sentry mb issue I mentiOned in previous post?

I saw your report yesterday, though I thought you were going to email me the debug log, which will definitely help with diagnosis. I haven’t received that. The email address mentioned ([email protected]) is correct... anyone is welcome to send debug logs there at any time, we appreciate the feedback as we continue to improve the game. If you send a debug log, please include as much info as you can about what you experienced before and during the problem.

Thanks!

#20013 6 years ago

Got my machine working for 100 games, before it went down again - as I await promised parts. During that time I had two games where I reached infinite game status - once during acid burn and the other during sentry gun. Both played themselves out and the ball ended as intended, so I think the settings do resolve/prevent this condition. Ferret - what are recommended timer settings and did they adjust with latest code update?

I still had two games where Xeno tongue got stuck out with playfield magnet turned on and twice the display went partial dark and game locked up. Didn't have a chance to create a report for any of these because of problems with the ball trough that might have somehow contributed.

Two issues I need help adjusting - 1) ball gets stuck at base of right ramp because of a playfield gap along front edge. Can something be added to fill the gap or is a ramp flap needed? 2) small airlock screen has a thin white sliver showing at top. Is it possible to shift image up about two hairs?

#20014 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Got my machine working for 100 games, before it went down again - while I await promised parts. During that time I had two games where I reached infinite game status - once was during acid burn and the other during sentry gun. Both played themselves out and the ball ended as intended, so I think the settings do resolve/prevent this condition. Ferret - what are recommended timer settings and did they reset with latest code update?
I still had two games where Xeno tongue got stuck out with playfield magnet turned on and twice the display went partial dark and game locked up. Didn't have a chance to create a report for either because issues with the ball trough might have contributed.
Two issues I need help adjusting - 1) ball gets stuck at right ramp because of a playfield gap along front edge. Can something be added to fill the gap or is a ramp flap needed? 2) small airlock screen has a thin white sliver showing at top. Is it possible to shift image up about two hairs?

I also have the small screen white line as well.

#20015 6 years ago

They better offer kits. Ours is paid for. Why wouldn’t they? Why is everyone so down on the kit idea. If you don’t want to do it as a kit fine. Don’t. You don’t have to. Why is being a kit such a huge downside. You don’t like the way the cabinet looks? You’re not playing it. People need to stop just caring caring about how a game looks in a lineup like it’s the end all be all.

#20016 6 years ago

Kits are just something else on an already overflowing plate

#20017 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Ready to get my LE. I've got my team assembled.

No no no, all you need is bob.... lol

1d6 (resized).jpg1d6 (resized).jpg

#20018 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Kits are just something else on an already overflowing plate

How? Platform is there. A kit is another order with less work to complete.

#20019 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Anything at this point which doesn't involve building machines is overhead right now.....and I think the kit is a good idea and would like to own FT!

#20020 6 years ago

They better offer kits. Ours is paid for. Why wouldn’t they? Why is everyone so down on the kit idea. If you don’t want to do it as a kit fine. Don’t. You don’t have to. Why is being a kit such a huge downside.

I'll tell you why, simply: tying your entire future game output to the initial mistakes and compromises you make on your first game is a huge anchor around your neck as a fledgling company. And there were plenty of initial mistakes. The upsides are far outweighed by the downsides.

#20021 6 years ago

They've never made a kit before. Just FT cab and Alien cab. I don't see them starting now when they can't even get games out or even just parts to owners. I wish they would do kits as I'd buy a FT kit the game is fun but I'm not betting on it.

#20022 6 years ago

Ferret - what are recommended timer settings and did they adjust with latest code update?

Recommended settings for everything is Medium. I do believe there were adjustment tweaks between 1.02 and 1.1 -- feel free to do Actions > Presets > 5 Medium to get the current defaults, and then if you want you can go through Adjustments and customize anything to your own taste. And while Medium is the default / "recommended" settings, you can certainly install easier or harder variants to suit your needs. As with other manufacturers' games, the Preset installs are basically macro adjustments, so installing a Preset sets a bunch of adjustments, but you can then adjust them further to your liking.

I still had two games where Xeno tongue got stuck out with playfield magnet turned on

We're actively working to see if we can improve situations where the tongue gets stuck.

twice the display went partial dark and game locked up.

Can you please clarify what "partial dark" means? And of course we appreciate any details on *any* game lockups.

2) small airlock screen has a thin white sliver showing at top. Is it possible to shift image up about two hairs?

I'll take a look.

To be clear: the software team is actively working to continue making Alien better. Anyone with problems or suggestions is welcome to post here, DM me, or submit problems with Debug Logs to <[email protected]>. We're committed to making the software and the overall game experience as good as it can be.

#20023 6 years ago

Can anyone confirm thst this coil is wired properly

20180210_190837 (resized).jpg20180210_190837 (resized).jpg

#20024 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll tell you why, simply: tying your entire future game output to the initial mistakes and compromises you make on your first game is a huge anchor around your neck as a fledgling company. And there were plenty of initial mistakes. The upsides are far outweighed by the downsides.

I can see it. Even just the idea of a playfield LCD, with no backbox LCD, as a standard really hamstrings you.

I'd still like games 1 & 2 to swap though .

#20025 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Same as mine

#20026 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

No diode on the coil so doesn’t matter which wire goes on which lug.

#20027 6 years ago

No diode on the coil so doesn’t matter which wire goes on which lug.

Oh very true, forgot because of the frustration this game brings

#20028 6 years ago

It lives!!!

Working right out of the box!

Congrats Ferret !!

9C81566F-B57E-4012-BA78-AD2BF0FDAA4D (resized).jpeg9C81566F-B57E-4012-BA78-AD2BF0FDAA4D (resized).jpeg

#20029 6 years ago

Awesome! Welcome to the club!

#20030 6 years ago

Has anyone heard from Cointaker lately? I called last week just to see where they were at, and they said a container of Alien LEs were on the way. Seems like there's a steady trickle. Hopefully each batch has a more robust build than the previous.

#20031 6 years ago

I hate it when someone besides me gets a game

Good luck!

#20032 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It lives!!!
Working right out of the box!
Congrats ferret !!

Is this a "newly ordered" Alien SE or was this one an ordered one from long ago?
Was it just received? Is this from a shipment received recently from Cointaker?

Thanks

#20033 6 years ago

Not sure if this is news but I read recently that Russel Speak (Slamt1lt) has left Heighway. That must be a body blow to HP as he seemed an ace multimedia guy going by his Future Pinball tables.

#20034 6 years ago
Quoted from johnjones:

Is this a "newly ordered" Alien SE or was this one an ordered one from long ago?

That's Joe's development game, so not ordered at all. Brian should be getting one too shortly. Production hardware in the hands of the programmers is a Good Thing™ for sure.

#20035 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's Joe's development game, so not ordered at all. Brian should be getting one too shortly. Production hardware in the hands of the programmers is a Good Thing™ for sure.

Certainly is. Those guys earned it, as did you and David.

#20036 6 years ago
Quoted from johnjones:

Was it just received? Is this from a shipment received recently from Cointaker?
Thanks

It's Ferret 's game. Game he's been owed for a long long time

His game was shipped directly - not via CT.

The beacon effects really are cool in a room where Alien is the showpiece

#20037 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's ferret 's game. Game he's been owed for a long long time
His game was shipped directly - not via CT.
The beacon effects really are cool in a room where Alien is the showpiece

Oh boy, Ferret has his game now! Let the good times roll. Is he the one playing in pic? Can just make out an eyebrow and partial forehead, but I'll bet he has a big smile on his face.

#20038 6 years ago

I yielded the first few games to my friends who came to help set up and check out the game... I’ll have plenty of time to play.

And yes, there will surely be code enhancements coming once I get the feel for the production game... it looks and feels quite different from the prototype I’ve been using.

#20039 6 years ago

Thanks for the info and best of luck with your game Ferret!

#20040 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Has anyone heard from Cointaker lately? I called last week just to see where they were at, and they said a container of Alien LEs were on the way. Seems like there's a steady trickle. Hopefully each batch has a more robust build than the previous.

Just spoke with cointaker yesterday.
Next shipment container coming in by end of this month. 45 LE models as well as warranty parts and plastics, facehuggers etc...

#20041 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Next shipment container coming in by end of this month. 45 LE models as well as warranty parts and plastics, facehuggers etc...

Mmhm, my new pop playfield is supposed to be on that container too.

#20042 6 years ago

First time I get anxious to get my machine. Waiting for years and that factory is only 600 kilometers from me

#20043 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

that's only 2 weeks away!

#20044 6 years ago

Programmers finally getting games, 45 LEs coming, and a bunch of the parts for people's early production games. They might actually pull this off.

#20045 6 years ago

Well some positive news for US customers would certainly be nice, right before TPF. Let's hope they actually deliver this time.

#20046 6 years ago

I just asked HW if there was any news about my LE today and I was told no updates. Not pleased.

#20047 6 years ago

So are the LEs for new buyers or are there no LEs on the way to Cointaker?

#20048 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

So are the LEs for new buyers or are there no LEs on the way to Cointaker?

old money is probably screwed (i am in that boat)

#20049 6 years ago

Oh boy, Ferret has his game now! Let the good times roll. Is he the one playing in pic? Can just make out an eyebrow and partial forehead, but I'll bet he has a big smile on his face.

He will probably never play it! I know they have some sort of simulator and I can't imagine how much he has played that!!!

#20050 6 years ago

Simulator is excellent for making the code function. Real game is essential to refine it so it feels_ great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 401 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/401?hl=o-from-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.