DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,562 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mk6pin. You are on page 3 of 7.
#15269 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

using the word serious in the same sentence with pinball sounds like it's sucking the fun out of it.

An accurate statement.... "serious" and "pinball" don't go together. Half the problem around here....

#15336 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm just wondering what business it is of yours? and why would he have to tell you if/what he is being paid? sincere question.

Completely agree. People do things for their own reasons, and see zero relevance to why the company is in the state it's in. Aurich gone from here, now I'm sure Ferret will be hesitant to post, as well. If/ how much compensation is given to an employee is between them and their employer. F**king rude question, period.

I'm out of pinside for awhile (at least)....really turning south for me. Love pinball, Hate this shit......

#15391 6 years ago

Asked for an update Monday, and received response on Tuesday. They stated many parts were ordered to facilitate building machines. They would update when line was rolling, and insisted they were committed to getting these machines built and delivered ( well, there went my self imposed ban from this thread for awhile).

Figured some might like to know they are communicating directly to their customers....just email them.

#15394 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Emails only going out to people that have ordered.
Emails regarding refunds continue to be ignored.

Do we have a " Pinside count" of unanswered refund requests ( general) ...10, 20, more? Just curious. I did a quick search and found around 10 or so ( some fully paid, some w just deposits, who typically will bail on a game when close to production starts on any pin).

Do we have verified vendors that haven't been paid for goods delivered?

Just trying to get an idea of how much money is actually owed, which new investors will need to make whole....

I can't get wrapped around a huge #, but could easily be wrong. If they've truly ordered substantial parts, then machines can go out, generating cash for a variety of needs.....it's not a stretch that these things will be coming....market is there

#15411 6 years ago

I count only 10 on that thread, some deposits, some paid in full. Some changed their mind, some got partial refunds. Can't really gauge the dollars....thanks for the link...has to be more, I would think....trying to put an actual #$ to this, are there actually suppliers that haven't been paid? Seems odd if new investors have stated they have ordered large supply of parts.

Just trying to understand pure dollars here...obviously ( I believe) more have chosen to ride it out than bail.

#15420 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I finalized my LE with Melissa last night, she said the choices are black, green, and chrome.
She expects my game to be at Cointaker in the next 2-3 weeks.
She also said she has had more communication with the new owners in the past few weeks than she did with Andrew in the past 2 years for whatever that's worth.

Whoa!!! These are coming!!! Excitement building again!!!

#15431 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Probably fantastic, but so would black or green.

Green for me.....I'll be anxious for the email.....things are certainly sounding better around here!!!

#15441 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

a note from the sound free-lancer of Alien:
Let me suggest that it is a little too soon to review Alien. What is there is good and a great indication of where the final product will be.
The biggest challenge for the developers has been the unavailability of games to develop on. Only the rules programmer has had a machine to test and experience the game on and this one is deficient in a number of ways including not having a Xeno mech.
But things are better. I have had a fully functional Alien pin to work on for weeks. In that time I have added over one hundred sound assets and adjusted as many.
There is no substitute for hands-on experience. The former management understood this but failed to do anything about it. The AIG (Active Investor Group) does understand this and is addressing it.
While at this point I will not make any predictions I believe that all the US developers will have access to Alien dev machines.
As it is we are 96% of the way there to feature complete. We are 85% there to the polished, balanced, enhanced and robust package that we want to ship at version 1.1.
We understand your frustration and ask for a little more patience. Give it a little more time then review the hell out of it.
ddt

One of the best posts in this thread!!!!! thank you...no frustration here, just excitement......

#15506 6 years ago
Quoted from angus:

kind of strange to see pins on their legs in a factory. Seems like a lot of extra work to put them on and take them off. Not to mention tough to move them around. But I guess you save money not buying carts to roll them around on.

Nice to see pins, period.....no way the new group could post anything here without getting crap....

#15507 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

Update from Facebook
There has been a long silence from us here due to the change of ownership, but we are happy to announce that we are in the final phase of the transition and we are now able to focus more or less entirely on the way forward. A lot of work has been done during the past weeks to prepare for the big step up in the manufacturing of games. While we have in fact been building games all the time it has - so far - been at a slow rate (the picture was taken Friday). As parts are now arriving in bigger volumes, we expect this to change shortly and will keep you posted on progress.
In the meantime, we would like to thank everyone that is patiently waiting for their games to be shipped. As soon as we can, we will reach out and let you know when you should expect your game(s) to be ready.
To those of you who have asked for a refund, most should have been contacted by now and, of those who have, many have received their refund already. Some are still to be contacted however to have your situation sorted. We believe we may have failed to get back to some of you in a timely manner, for which we do apologize, but we are trying our best. There were many payment options used previously and therefore a variety of different solutions required! It has taken a great deal of time to get on top of each one. We aim to have everybody’s situation sorted as soon as possible.
If you do feel left out, or want to ask anything, please don’t hesitate to contact us via e-mail (send to [email protected]) or by phone (+44 (0)1495 305634).
In general, it has been exceptionally hectic during the transition period as you would expect. While trying our very best to respond to all of you who have contacted us, we may have failed to get back to each and everyone. If you have an unanswered e-mail, please it send again since it is possible that your e-mail has simply got lost in the sheer mass of e-mails received in the past weeks.
We also want to thank our distributors, who are showing great patience and understanding, believing in the potential and quality of our products and us.
More information to follow shortly… stay tuned!

Thanks for the update!!!! Looking forward to an LE in the gameroom in the near future

#15511 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Well I want my report hand delivered on Alien letterhead AND as a singing telegram.

That shall not be sufficient...embossed gold stamp of authenticity, please....

#15515 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Everything I've seen/read/heard from the new management team in the past month or so points in the right direction. I will again say that I don't have too much more insight into the day-to-day operations in Wales than any of the rest of yuz... but I *can* say there have been a couple hundred software (code and media) file checkins just in the past 3 weeks. Probably fair to say there wouldn't be that much recent activity if we thought we were on a sinking ship.

Your hard work is infinitely appreciated, and can tell your passion for this machine is real. Thank you!!!...cannot wait to finally get the finished product soon....mark

#15540 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I see some people are dropping out of the L/E and going with the standard because they don't think the look of the fiberoptic ramps suits the theme. Question: How many different colors and brightnesses can these ramps be? Is it in the 1000's? I wonder, because if so it may be premature, and I can see some really cool effects, with a flickering, and a very dim green or blue? I don't think it needs to be full blast TRON neon, right?

You would be right. The fiber ramps could turn out to be absolutely badass...I'm staying LE....

#15542 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

You could both be right, but from what I saw, I'll be SHOCKED if I think the fiber is bad ass in this game. Regardless of the fact I don't think it fits the theme so well, the ramp construction just doesn't allow for anything other than a homemade looking attachment. At best I see it being...MEH...and that's not good enough for an $800 mod.

A soft green or red that pulses during different modes will be anything but meh. Then maybe a bright white or yellow for shot time....possibilities are endless. Ramps not as "flowy looking" as my TRONLE, but think it can be integrated far more than a home made looking mod...we shall see...

#15548 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Well, one of my pet peeves is people that try to put EL wire on wireforms. It never actually comes out straight and always looks like you asked a drunk guy to draw a straight line with a marker. Not surprisingly, Heighway's implementation of this looks about as amateur. Unless they release a less flexible material, this won't change. Tron has the benefit of using the plastic ramps as a guide and a constant contact point, Alien's ramps make the fiber look like an after-thought at best.

I haven't seen Alien w fiber yet, so can't judge. I do know the same guy that did TRON fiber is making the Alien version. I work w EL a bit, and very flexible. Fiber, as you know is much different. Have you seen Alien w Fiber? I might have missed it somewhere....

#15592 6 years ago

Need my LE!!!!!

#15597 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Potentially new buyers, but I wonder how Heighway will proceed with those who have been standing strong in their support with a preorder. They should handle those sales.

Fairly certain they are.....

#15598 6 years ago

Side note ( too lazy to look back through the pages)...what is the total height of the LE w provided beacons? Ve got a spot picked, but might be vertically challenged....

#15600 6 years ago

Thank you!!!...off to the game room now.....

#15602 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

No problem
Hope it fits

4 inches to spare...I'm in!!!

#15605 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Wow I paid in full in 2014, have LE #2 and others have the game before me. WTF!!!! I have been toying with getting a refund or listing my game for sale here.
If anyone want LE #2, I would really consider selling as I'm shocked I'm not one of the first.
I'm going to decide what I'm doing tomorrow.

I don't think an LE beyond the one proto has been shipped yet.....

#15615 6 years ago

Had e-mail conversation w Melissa @ cointaker last week (who I trust immensely). She said I should leave my order direct w Heighway as it was very early (before CT was a distro) and was extremely confident these games are being built and will be coming.

Alien pinball around the corner!!!!!

#15648 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Great news, Aliens arrived today!

Man, there is no machine I want more than this!!!....seems most have gotten their refunds that wanted out, and actual games shipping....all great signs!!! Congrats and appreciation to Chris and Melissa on being a part....

#15655 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I wouldn't say exactly THAT......

If not, how many? I never got a clear$$$ of what was still on the table....thanks...

#15659 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

in the other thread i count 4 having not received refunds yet. Suffice to say that's only on the pinside community and those that post.
I have on the contrast seen about 6 having received the refunds in full. This bodes well and speaks volumes in my book
--Jeff

So to rephrase...production machines being shipped in small quantities, and refunds are processing. This easily puts the newly formed company in a better light than previously.

#15668 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep, very happy this didn't die. The worst part of the whole Predator fiasco was not getting a Predator pin, I'm hoping Heighway sells a shit load of Aliens and makes a Predator in the near future.

Thankfully, this process is nothing like the Predator bullshit....completely with you..if Heighway offers a Predator at this level, I'm in!!! ( your avatar changes starting to creep me out a bit...good job!!! )

1 week later
#15697 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Stop your grinnin and drop your linen, found em...

Let's see some unboxing pics!!!

#15739 6 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi - hope I can post this here. My name is Brian Allen, I'm the artist who illustrated the backglass Alien Queen for the LE. I thought you guys might be interested in seeing this speed-painting video of how the artwork was created: » YouTube video
THANKS SO MUCH for all the positive feedback I've gotten for about the design. It was truly one of my favorite projects ever.

Wow...amazing!!!...LE #212 is mine, but I'm getting the large monitor on the backbox. Your translite will be going in a light box next to the machine....will hope to get your signature on it at some point!!! Great job, and super excited....

#15741 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

brian-allen the prints look superb. Any chance of printing these on a translite format so they can be backlit?

This is the LE translite, correct?

#15742 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So

What was the original going rate for a L/E in USD when initially available for pre-order?

$7850.00 terms, $7650.00 paid in full. $6950, and I've got a badass LE on my door eventually ( I would have spent my deposit on trash by now, so I don't even count it)....

#15743 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes! Didn't they say right from the start that the new prices would be higher. But, if you didn't get a refund, your price was locked in....

Yep

#15744 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Same here. I had a rather complicated order which was changed a few times in the course of two years but was not updated in their system and after some (very good) communication with Daniel and Morgan they decided to honor the agreements I made with Andrew.
Daniel also kept me up to date of the things going on in the factory and what their goal was. After the public announcement they did I was happy to see that it was exactly like I was told.
I am now more confident than ever that this will be a succes and that Alien will be epic.

They are honoring my pricing, as well....I don't mind waiting for my LE ( and they said they would be honoring the early preorders first on the LE's)...I'll be keeping it awhile.....

#15800 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Let me clarify. The speaker in most pinball cabinets is not a 'subwoofer'. At best it is a left/right mono mix coming through a 6-8 inch speaker trying to push audio through a metal plate with holes in and sometimes additionally through wood slots. This driver is pointed at the floor. It produces low midrange and high bass audio. To be fair there are a few machines with better stock cabinet speakers. The Dialed In speaker is a dual-coil wonder driven by both channels of a stereo amp. I am speaking about the average pinball cabinet speaker.
A real subwoofer's contribution is usually 80-160 Hz which (for those musically inclined) is the bottom octave where thumps and bass drums live and there is little overlap with the cabinet speakers output.
Most games have some content down there and a subwoofer will make those real (for better or worse).
At the beginning of 2016 I added a subwoofer to my studio so that I could review the content that I was creating down there (knowing that some home owner were enhancing their pins with subwoofers). It is easy to put unintended content down there that isn't appropriate at the time and could even be distracting.
Both Alien and Dialed In have had the benefit of audio design with a sub-woofer in mind. There are times in both sound packages when booms and frequency swoops and other spine tickling content are present that should make a scoring event or mode completion that much more tangible. It takes a little more effort but for those who avail themselves of it they will be rewarded.
I hope this clarifies this issue. Audiophiles....lock and load.
ddt

Impressive work you are doing!!! I'm an A/V systems integrator ( now) for a living, but a pure pro audio guy at heart. I've always been convinced there is enough volume on the inside of a pinball cabinet that, when coupled with the right LF driver ( even the 8" variety), low pass filter ( butterworth 12 around 160hz.), and correct amplification, you could create substantial bottom end. The "baffle" config wouldn't be a factor, as the wavelength would be far too long.

Ultimately ( for me) started feeling like work when I drew it up ( which is what I avoid when playing pinball), and realized a cheap, powered external sub would do the job, as my approach would be much more expensive. Hence, abandoned the idea.

I appreciate someone of your caliber caring about the audio in these machines....in truth, it's been one of the more neglected areas of the experience until some machines as of late ( just imho)...THANK YOU!!!!

#15806 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Generally speaking coin-operated games (video games as well) have spent 10% of the BOM on the hardware that creates the sound and 1% on the amplification system. This is a battle I have always fought. Sometimes I win.
ddt

Thanks for replying, and nail on the head w your statement above. I doubt the speaker grille config would ever impede a true subwoofer driver ( provided the air could move to allow the excursion to allow the motor movement), but lack of the power and processing definitely would prohibit success.

These machines are expensive enough, so no sense beating your head against the wall. You're program and reinforcement efforts are appreciated, and noticed........I might some day build a proof of concept in one of these things.....

Ok..back on topic.....BRING ON THE ALIENS!!!

#15809 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

BRING ON THE ALIENS!!!

Just got home from playing Aliens at a friends house, holy crap, I can't wait to get mine!

Man...super jealous...Morgan said LE's start production in September, and Mine will be here in plenty of time before Christmas!!!

#15815 6 years ago

Jumped through vid...will watch more later.....really looks great!!!...lots to do, can't compare it to anything I've played to date, layout wise.....should be killer in the home so you can really dig into it.....can't wait!!!

I'm very glad I stuck it out ( and didn't change my avatar).....machine looks to be incredible!!!

#15818 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can not get the stream to play for me. Are all lights working well in the new version?

Appear to be.....

#15820 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

If there's interest I can put the video on YouTube as well. I know people have some issues with the replays on Twitch sometimes.

That would be cool, as well....BIG THANKS for doing this!!!...that thing looks like it's crazy fun to play!!!!

#15844 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So it sounds like it is likely they aren't going to continue to do the fiber optic ramps in the LEs anymore(e-mail this morning stating that from Heighway). I think obviously some kind of add-on/replacement is due to those of us in on the LE. I would be happy if Roman's glass was included as the replacement for no extra cost. Not sure they are thinking a replacement is necessarily warranted but I think most of us that paid extra for the LE would agree that something definitely is and we might need to push the envelope to get that message across. Maybe reduced/half cost additional back box screen? Thoughts or other ideas?

exactly the topic of my e-mail this morning w Morgan. I want the powdered armor, etc. I had suggested the backbox screen at a N/C feature on the LE's, possibly Roman's glass, as well......

#15852 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

My feelings would be this. [short answer]
While I sympathize with plight/saga all the preorder customers endured, just remember you were looking at a big FAT ZERO just a short time ago. Had there been more of a period of time between the announcement that Andrew was insolvent and a white knight was found, you would have really felt the anxiousness surrounding your potential loss. Instead the 'takeover' and 'bankruptcy' was announced simultaneously and everyone didn't get to endure that. You guys would have been praying for a savior [similar to what TBL guys are experiencing now]. Judging by some of the posts regarding refunds, a number of people clearly misunderstood the gravity of the situation and underappreciated the gift they were being handed. successful or not at a turnaround, those posters should have been kissing the ground the 'investors' walk on for at least being given a chance at recovery. Who else would have considered bailing out such a sunken ship?
they should be regarded as heroes to have voluntarily stepped up in the face of such adversity. these guys were already on the line for far more than you, along with countless others [distributors/employees/vendors] involved in the project, all victims of Andrew's relentless misrepresentations.
If it were me, i'd be ecstatic just to be getting anything [partital refund/refund/game] rather than the big ZERO. But, if you personally feel the need for further compensation, carry on.

Your statements are partially correct, and us "preorder customers" are very grateful that the new group has made such progress in such a short time. I would hope the pinball community as a whole is as excited as "us" in that a great game is going to actually make it past the finish line, and into production.

Simply looking at the value of what is being included on LE vs. Standard. They are very understanding, and I'm confident value will be realized between the choices.

#15853 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Still being able to buy it for $40 online doesn't really make it as enticing as it used to be.

That would be the print, not the limited edition translite.

#15858 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Understood but it's all going to look the same if it's in a frame on my wall.

Not in a lightbox it won't, but i do see your point.

#15863 6 years ago

I believe the new group wants to maintain the LE platform ( as they should, imho), and quite confident they are sorting.

Anxious to see Standards rolling, and I'm sure I'll be very satisfied w their LE package....the game looks phenomenal at present state!!!

#15868 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I do wonder how long the license extension (there was one right?) for Alien pinball gives Heighway to produce the game?
I do wonder why not sell/produce LEs for the first 500?
Then if interest still exists for more than 500 (yes that is a lot of a games for it's price range from a boutique company that
isn't manufacturing the game where an overwhelming majority of games will be shipped to which is the U.S....)
and then if the license to produce is still going on then produce SEs.
Considering the delay after delay after delay after delay...
don't LE owners that have paid in full deserve their games first?
Also, the SE owners that paid in full deserve their games around first right? So why not give them a free upgrade to an LE
because... these funds have helped fund the companies operations.
Also, considering that we really don't know if/when 500 LE games will actually sell,
why not utilize that leverage of selling only LEs help make at-least 500 of ALIEN pinball?

I believe the new investment group is in tune to all of this.....

Hopefully, more games just start shipping, period....

The more unboxings, the better.........regardless type or to who, imho ( and I'm an early adopter)

If you look at their FB page, not much longer ( it also seems there are those that don't post here have them, as well)

#15925 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

If so that does make the LE version almost obsolete as the unique art and the powder coating are most probably the only unique LE features for now as far as I know. Or maybe Heighway will get a surprise for the LE version but I cannot think of anything that great. Maybe an unique playfield plastic set and unique backboard art?

My thoughts exactly.....If there is nothing different or unique about an LE than a plaque, I'll be changing my order...

Definitely 2 camps on this topic, discussed in other threads....

I've never understood the problem with offering features ( including gameplay) that would be exclusively found on an LE ( it would further validate price hike, and actually make it Limited in nature). Happens all the time in virtually every other luxury market I can think of.

Even in Sternland, for example, a pro is different than a Premium in several areas, not just art ( lower pf on AC/DC for an example). Core is the same, but a Pro could never be a Premium, without extensive changes. People buy the one they like, and move on.

Why an LE is not allowed to follow suit (gameplay wise) is beyond me.

#15934 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

"Stern does it, so others should too" is completely flawed logic. I get wanting to differentiate an LE, but gameplay should not be how that's done.
First of all, companies, Stern in particular, have enough code issues regarding timing and completeness. Splitting the codebase for different gameplay features only compounds this issue. Make a kickass game and charge more for it if it's warranted. Fine!
Even if you wanted to copy Stern, then make the entry point similar to the Pro, don't gimp a Premium priced game.
The other issue I have with splitting gameplay is it was the single biggest ploy Stern used to originally jack up pin prices. It didn't take long for the "normal" Stern level game to become the Premium. Pros typically have gimped gameplay, and LE is the bling. There are a few examples where people like the Pro better than Prem/LE, but those are typically cases where Stern pooched the "upgrades" and didn't make them worthwhile.
While prices still increase slowly, the introduction of the Premium concept jumped the price several thousand dollars to get Stern's full featured game.
I own a couple Sterns, and there are a couple more I want, but I hope none of the other companies go down most of the roads Stern has chosen to go down.

Agree w your post, and the Stern " Model" is flawed ( obviously). My only point is make an LE truly limited, allow it to have art, features, whatever makes it limited, charge for those extras, then stick a # on it. Having an extra killer gameplay mode on an LE shouldn't be a sin. If it's only art and a plaque that separate them, then get rid of the "LE" and call it " limited art package" or something.

Many manufacturers outside of pinball offer limited editions of popular items, add custom art, features, etc. and charge a premium for it. Nothing wrong with that

If any machine can be transformed into an LE w add on's, the # and designation is pointless....

#15939 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Nordman's LE concepts would have enhanced standard gameplay considerably. see below from post number 91.

Exactly what I was trying to convey....I see nothing wrong at all with this approach...in fact makes sense....if you pay more for a machine , you should get more ( I know, I know)......

If an "LE artpackage" is the only difference, it better be exclusive to that machine only, or it's not Limited.

This is one thing Stern does right....try buying a BM66LE topper, wait for a TRONLE VE....not gonna happen. There has to be something to make it limited. Doesn't mean either is better or worse, but at least the term " limited" is being used correctly.

#15940 6 years ago

Sorry for straying off topic here...lets see some unboxings!!!

#16011 6 years ago

Incredibly glad they are not raising the price for early adopters with $$$ in.....I ask again....have any more of these shipped since the 4 Melissa got? Just curious, as I think they were starting mass shipping this week ( maybe some pics or something)?

#16014 6 years ago

I have wondered on occasion if they will still continue the swappable playfield concept...always seemed costly to me, from a manufacturers standpoint.

Couldn't they upgrade Full Throttles, Make Alien, and just compete that way...with new titles ( all stand alone machines)?

Risk vs. reward might outweigh the kit concept, as they might save some engineering costs....just being speculative, and possibly why the kits are skyrocketing in price...IDK

#16022 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The kit concept was a USP that really was never going to catch on and it hasn't.
And with these price increases, sales aren't going to be great with the CGC pumping out AFMR, Stern games, TNA, DI, ( Houdini on the way ).

Exactly my thought for sometime. My AlienLE ( if I ever get it), was never going to be swapped with anything from day 1.

If they focus on getting games out the door, the " swappable" idea simply becomes a quick way to yank the playfield for service, and could potentially see a ve savings down the road.

Then they can focus on the game itself...maybe add art to the cabinet to go along w the lit panels, and let these things stand on their own. Opens alot of doors and addresses several issues all at once ( an LE can have exclusive artwork beyond the translite, standards could get propietary treatment as well on the cabinet side, etc.

Some great games out there....please dont let this theme die!!!

#16035 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's only an ROI if you can actually cash out for the difference.

True...I'm just grateful that the original price will be honored, along with " early adopter consideration". Anxious to see what they come up with for LE preorders, knowing the fiber has been scrapped.

Regardless, I'm in a good way for this machine, and can't wait to see more unboxings!!!

#16113 6 years ago

We're going to have to wait until these things ship or not before comparing to anything. With due respect, this machine is far more complex, and a major licensed theme...all of which took time ( which can not be said about some of the other games mentioned here).

Can we not at least be happy they are genuinely trying to get games made, and a theme, that ( well sorry, but truth) absolutely kicks the shit out of anything currently being offered in a sci fi/ horror theme...period. Not a machine out there that this compares to...they know that.

They could have folded shop, told us all to f**k off, and end it. Something to be said for staying the course.

We're all tired of talking about it.....I'm happy they are still fighting the fight....let them get some work done

#16129 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

An obvious alternate account for a regular, since his only posts are stirring the pot in all of the currently hyped games. Just keep buzzing around whatever you're talking about without actually bee-ing upfront about it.

Agreed....the banter is strikingly familiar to a banned pinsider......

#16137 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

please don't read anymore into what i wrote or put words in my mouth. nowhere do i mention the word 'flaw'. use of the word 'physical' refers to the physical playfield, as opposed to a software design choice. use of the word 'playability' refers to 'pinball playability', not the machines ability to function properly. use of the word 'severely' may have been excessive, so if you want to discount that one, go ahead. use of the words 'overall playability' mean that when the game's pinball playability is examined in its totality, some part of it being hampered, not that every aspect of its playability is in question. in fact, i'm already on record as saying:

what i am going to discuss is simply a design 'choice' that is easily observed and clearly does limit the pinball playability of the game. i already told you it was not 'earth shattering'. it has been mentioned before [but not really discussed], and there is NO DOUBT it would have been brought up again and again as more games become available. so, its nothing new, and nothing players wouldn't discover on their own. either you will be able to overlook it and go on to enjoy the game as it is designed/laid out, or conclude differently.

Hilton, these are all good points, but none of them have anything to do with the specific aspect i'll be discussing. why not wait until you know what that is before trying to defend. are you going to help by posting your game audits? your machine can help serve as a benchmark for others. echovictor, audits?
i consider myself up to date on what going on in the handful of alien threads. i don't believe i'm missing much of anything. in the end, it will be up to each individual to determine whether they were 'missing' what i have to share. the 'shot map' will be a small part of it. if i felt 2 sentences was enough to do the issue justice, i certainly would have posted them. instead, i'm going into more depth than most and be as comprehensive as possible. it may be TLTR for most, but if you are interested in this title i would hope you take the time to read and comment. then you can tell me how far off base i am.
my point has nothing to do with lighting.
what happened to the white bats with orange rubbers? translates to >> can you see that upper right black bat with green rubbers hiding in the shadows despite be lit from above? nobody who has watched the buffalo stream can honestly answer yes to that question.

This is ridiculous.....if you're not interested in the game, move on. If you want to inject speculative " fact based" drama, not interested.

You are not adding any value here, quite the opposite....not even opinion based ( more like a " know it all" approach).

The more I read of your posts, the more certain I am of who you are ( or connected to)...Im sure a certain podcast would appreciate your "higher knowledge" on this title, but not in this thread....thanks

#16152 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

edit: Control + F "Kaneda" finds only one person who referenced that name. Only one other person said something about a podcast. Amazing that this new Pinsider is the only one who mentioned the name. You must really be new here!

Caught that, did you??? He's certainly not new, that's for sure....I truly feel sorry for him.....newsflash.....we don't need to be saved, and if we did, he sure wouldn't be the one doing it.....this is pinball, for cryin' out loud.

#16206 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's a significant milestone. Other than the Barcardi game, (old) Heighway has never shipped anything like that before in 1 batch.

If this is true....shit's about to get real....hooray!!! I believe the majority of the wait is long behind us.....

#16222 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

I have been told via cointaker that we will be getting a cash refund (undisclosed amount) for the fiber optic ramps. I hammered highway about the lack of anything that makes an LE truley limited (besides the artwork). Their position from Morgan is that now that the game price has increased, it's a better deal that to go standard with the new pricing lol. I also asked if there were any plans or talks about down the road adding LE only modes or software to which he replied "none". I asked this since everything else can be bought or painted to convert an standard into an LE, so what truly made it "Limited", his response was the art....but you can buy Briens art and convert it into a translite if you're a fan of it....you just won't have the EL blades with ANOTHER queen. This is supposed to be two movies in 1 Heighway....stop throwing the queen from only Aliens on everything and calling it "Limited" lol. The only other thing he said was the stupid number...which only does anything if each game was truly limited and unique....not just 500 art packages lol. Also if you bought an Alien pin from cointaker......it's coming with the LCD standard. Just found that out after I paid for a commission on a custom backglass art piece to be made for my pin lol. I'll have to swap between the two. LCD for when at conventions...and my personal backglass for at home lol. My LE should be arriving next week!!

I'd take the backbox LED as an exchange for fiber (was going to mount the translite in a lighbox next to the game anyway)

Getting your LE next week??? That's awesome!!!!....can't wait to see some unboxings of any version at this point.

#16230 6 years ago

No way TNA over Alien, imho......the LE's come with gloss black, blue or green armor included, correct?

I was also thinking the fiber was an $800 add, not $600....could be wrong.

Regardless, it appears these things are going to be landing Stateside soon. I think until we see them unboxing in quantity, we are all still guessing/ speculating on timeline.

Perfectly happy waiting and staying in on my LE. Whatever they deem this version to be, I'll have their best version of my grail theme. I think this will be a journey ( still), but a very good outcome.

Don't have to be first, just need to get one...

#16232 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think you're correct. Either way, there couldn't be too many of us preorder guys left to discount.

I suspect more than you may think, but don't post much....just waiting it out....

Pretty confident there are even some that got a refund that are back in....

Tone of thread will change dramatically if/ when first container of games land....until then, suspect many will stay in the weeds. Theme and gameplay are just too strong to ignore. It will be the game of the year if they ever ship the damn things. What year? Your guess is as good as mine...

#16240 6 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

Hi
About the list of LE games , not all games are in that list .
I have orderd several LE for selling in Sweden ( we are the distributor for Sweden ) and my games are not on this list so far .
I think we talking about all the games the distributors have orderd and still not have find its end buyer.
Dont know who manny it can be , but it is a darknes of numbers in them.

That's great news!!! I had expressed when starting that thread it was probably only partial, and the # at that time was probably closer to 150 or so.....thanks for the update!!!

#16242 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well I'm just not a Dialed In fan... so Alien over it is a no brainer for me.

THIS!!!

#16254 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've had an LE down payment from day one.
I see the recent comments but its confusing. What exactly is the revised price now for original buyers without the fiber optic ramps?

Ditto.......they haven't given me any revised price or compensation option to date. Morgan did acknowledge something would be done, but they haven't decided what yet.

Also reading about " special deals" for some LE's showing on this container (?) Seems that those that put a deposit down day one, played by the rules, etc. would be offered their " deal" by now, as well.

I'll be happy to honor my end of the deal......show me some LE's, Standards, some unboxings, full boxes, something......

Why no pics of any boxes yet?

#16255 6 years ago

Haven't been a squeaky wheel, as I've been playing the crap out of my AFMRLE, and modding my BM66LE....but it's pretty much September.

I'm going to Expo.....expecting final version of BM66 code, and some Alien LE game-time when I'm there.

#16261 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I asked them that, they said NOPE! Would have to buy an SE at CURRENT pricing.

Confused....aren't you the one that started the angry refund ex-customer thread and were out?...Maybe Im wrong...

#16270 6 years ago

Just shot Morgan an escalated e-mail, insisting on clarity on early LE adopters, and why there seem to be 2 pinsiders that still haven't received refunds.

Answer time........ (I'm truthfully not buying anything PACMAN saying, as he seems to have an odd reason for even being a part of this anymore, except spreading more contempt).....

#16272 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

You're still waiting for your refund? That's total bullshit dude. WTF are they doing?

I included him and Toads (only 2 I'm aware that haven't received refunds) in my latest e-mail. Enough already. Time for some clear dialogue. I want this pin more than anyone here, I can assure you....but something has gotta give....

#16274 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So they dumped the fibre optic ramps & gloss cabinets for LE preorders, and give you exclusive hand drawn backglass artwork that is useless if you install the 27" monitor. Those aren't great selling points for the LE. The beacons & inner side blades can be added to a standard. You really want to pay all that extra money for drawn cab art colored trim? Doesn't add up, especially at the higher prices for new orders.
They should do what's fair, and give preordering LE customers a free 27" backbox LCD in exchange for the lost features. But I think it's more likely that you'll be given a "discount" on a future Heighway title instead. The lack of specifics at this point is just another red flag. The fact that all refunds have not been issued is maddening.

Custom armor also included on LE's....worth something....I think you are on the right track w backbox LCD included or lowering of price as 2 options they are looking at for early LE adopters...

Being everyone wants all games to play identical regardless what you pay for them, I think some LE art on the decaled on only LE cabs would be awesome, in addition to game designers signature under the clear on the LE playfields (surely they havent made them all yet). Just some items that would seperate the models, and help justify the cost difference, imho...

#16284 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Yeah, i did. I got sick of waiting and constantly nagging them so i just walked away from the whole thing. Since they still have my deposit i may stay in the game.

Ahh..got it...sorry, my bad....let's hope that we all get these freaking machines....SOON!!!

#16286 6 years ago

Morgan still on holiday?

Yep, gone until 8/31 per auto reply....

#16330 6 years ago

With the delay and ownership change, the games are going to have to overdeliver, as they are under a microscope now. WOZ had TONS of big time problems and delays initially....eventually turned out to be an exceptional, landmark pin.

The more of these they get out, the better life will be......period. Bugs will get sorted....

#16336 6 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

As a distributer i have also prepaid my games long time ago waiting for 4 pcs of LE paid 1.5 years ago in full to support the company startup.
In total i have got 4 pcs of full throttle after waiting and pre paid in full for 2 years.
They have now new homes and happy owners in Sweden.
I can see that the new owner doing this in another way then ever before , its boraing to wait i like to play Aline tonight .
But i got full trust in this new managment for the company .
To the new team of Heighway pinball "Good work guys you fight from 6 feet under and up"
Show us all with pride that you can build this games and deliver them to all of us that have been waiting for the moment to unbox a Alien.
I sent you a new order with 7 more standard games today to show my trust to you (and to fill the new orders we have).I wait last in line for this new games.

Wow....very impressive!!!

#16343 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Make that three.
I've been waiting for my refund for three months too!

Ugh....unacceptable. Glad # is low, but has to be a "0" at this point. Anxious to hear Morgan's response when he returns.

#16362 6 years ago

Reporting as promised when I heard from Morgan ( his out of office reply said he was returning today, and got my response this morning)...I don't think it's against Pinside rules to post an e-mail reply (?). Anyway, I'm doing this in the interest of sharing what has been told to me:

"Hi Mark,
We are doing all that we can to get refunds back to customers as soon as possible. I don’t check pinside so I am unsure as to who these people are. We are committed to get everyone’s money back who has requested it. There have been some delays due to some issues but we are getting on top of it. I am looking into these two cases to see what the circumstances are and why they may not have had their money back yet. Thank you for your concern and I hope that we can get everyone happy with either refunds or their games being delivered.

In regards to your previous email and the fate of the fibre optics on the machine, I completely understand that people want clarity on the replacement for this feature. I have not been given the specific direction we are taking with this replacement yet. When I have this information I will be able to add it to our facebook page and also email customers directly with the information. I am hoping to have this information sooner rather than later as it is needed by customers so they know what they are getting as part of their order.

I hope this information was helpful to you today. I am sorry that I did not have definitive answers for you today but as I have this information so will you.

Thank you as always for your time and if there are any additional questions or queries that you have please feel free to contact me."

I only thought There were 2 outstanding when I inquired.....

#16380 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

He said the red is for Full Throttle. I personally was hoping that the colors would be a darker shade but I will probably go with blue since it's my favorite color.

Yikes!!!...I was in for green, but that shade way too bright.....blue looks "soft" too....looks like gloss black might be my path....

#16410 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Aww shit. Maybe I missed the pictures of the actual colors back in the day. This is the first time I remember seeing pictures the real colors, not just photoshops of what they could look like.

Hoping to see colors in person at Expo if they bring them.....

#16421 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Did we ever get to the bottom of this mystery? How is this coming? It's been almost two weeks. I wonder if the revelation will be shared?

Too funny!!! I'm afraid we may never know....my life will be incomplete....

#16479 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

dream theme. Locked in LE number . Lower price.
I believe games are coming and im just going to wait it out. No stress, no harm , no foul
--Jeff

This is me....very early adopter...gor $1500.00 in, which I would have long blown by now....

#16495 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm told every US buyer is going through cointaker.

Melissa told me to stay the course..having mine ship from Heighway. Suspect my details will be sorted when the LE's finally ship. Not sweating it, and would love to run through CT.....great company!!!

#16497 6 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I'm still waiting on my LE, paid in full. Was told from Highway that they were building/shipping SE's through the end of August into early September but no timeline other than LE's go into production shortly after. I check my inbox everyday waiting for them to ask what color trim I want...really that's when I'll know their ramping or building LE's. That said...crickets, which likely means pre production give or take 3 weeks (ship 30-40 plus games at a time), ship time 1 week to the US, 1 week from CT = a month and a week away from receiving my LE. Looks like delivery will be in October for now...but I see that possibility slowly fading away.

I was told I'd be getting the email, and my LE would easily be in my home by Christmas....good enough for me....

1 week later
#16591 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Just heard from Morgan to confirm my mailing address. He said the first bunch are shipping out this week.

Great news....I was early ( pre CT) and direct as well....anxious for Morgans call for my LE...think life will be good in Alienland before Christmas...

#16608 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry wasn't following - the game you ordered was a standard version not LE right? I'm in for standard too (along with topper, PDI glass).

For clarity- ( and I'm an early LE adopter, possibly the biggest advocate, still in on this game) PDI glass is NOT being offered on these machines as an option. They do offer an " antiglare" glass, but it's not Romans ( at least not as of 2 weeks ago when I posed the question again to him).

Not saying this glass is good or not, but simply not PDI ( or Romans). Makes a difference to some ( including me).

#16610 6 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

I asked Morgan if my order still was coming with pdi glass and he said that it was. I asked 3 or 4 weeks ago

Roman stated he hasn't sold a single sheet to old or new Heighway. Remember, " PDI" is the name Joey has for it here in the US.

They never had it, but have a different version.

Definitely don't want to put any negative vibe out, as hopefully, machines are coming ....I want my LE yesterday. I'm used to PDI, however, and will order w standard glass and just buy a sheet from Joey when it gets here...

#16611 6 years ago

Just had communication w Roman this morning (about 15 minutes ago). He stated that the new investor group has reached out to him yesterday, but nothing final yet. This is good news, as I'm used to PDI/ Roman glass, and that is what will be in my Alien LE.

#16613 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Just went from Joeys page here because you got me hooked on that PDI glass with your last posts. I have to order to Europe btw so I dont know if you give any fuck about non US citizens.

You will get the same glass for less...."Roman's Glass" same stuff (it's not made in the US)...PDI only authorized importer/ distributor in the US

#16617 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Roman needs a good marketing name for his glass so we don't have to call it PDI. I agree that it's the bee's knees when not defective!

Agreed!!! 1 name, different distribution points for US, Canada, Europe

#16618 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It's made of crushed meteorite dust and impossible to scratch...even with a diamond drill!

Too funny.....I think it was approved for the latest eclipse viewing, as well....

#16621 6 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

At the end of the day, it is simply Optical Glass. ...

Correct...."optical" being the key word here, and there are differences in what's available. Multiple threads on this, so no desire to reopen any debates.....

#16639 6 years ago

Agreed....pins will come. Majority of the wait/ pain is behind, majority of refunds given. Roman confirms the new group has actually reached out to him in regards to glass upgrades. Code moving forward. Great distributor on board. By almost all accounts, the game rocks, and could end up being a genuine contender.

These are all signs of progress, not regress. These guys haven't had the wheel that long, all things considered. Having an Alien Christmas is a reasonable hope.

If you picked this title for a quick fix...mistake. If you picked it because you really want it and have patience, all should be good.

I'm very grateful this ship didn't tank when it could very well have.......

#16640 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

There are plenty of people who've been on this ride for nearly three years.

I'm squarely in that club....

#16644 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Since you Alien guys are asleep, I'll post the latest from Facebook for you:
First larger batch of 25 built. Some still need to go through QC. Then a container will be off to the US and single ones to other places.

Best pic on the thread!!!!...great to see!!!!

#16661 6 years ago

Better than a basement or empty warehouse....how many and when?....anybodys guess....

I'll take this over the alternative I suppose. I'm more sad, than pissed, actually....alot of good pinsiders have bailed over the years of bs that has been given. Cant blame them at all.

We ALL were super excited for this to happen...Im sort of in a "whatever" state until this ends, one way or the other.....gonna have to be alot of healing time for the communiry even if the game rocks..

#16667 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Am I the only one that thinks one year from now it will be a completely different picture, Alien will be a top 5 pin, that people (including naysayers) will be scrambling to buy and play?

I would say that all of us believe this, or wouldn't still be in. Now may not be the best time to be a fanboy ( hint to a couple new to thread sharing " info" that's been out there for some time now). Someone suggesting reading this thread to understand why....I couldn't agree more. This has been a LOONG journey for some. But an excellent pin awaits...when they start showing up in the wild, you are spot on.

AlienLE212 at my door before Christmas ( my hope)!!!!

#16669 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've been saying this everywhere I can. No question. So many people don't even think about this game bc of all this drama but those that know the secret is out

None of us " know" yet. You posted your machine is first in line, already shipped w PDI. I sincerely admire your enthusiasm, but there are others that knew games hadn't shipped at all yet, much less w Roman glass ( they just reached out to him last week). This I " know" because Roman himself told me when I inquired.

Tempered enthusiasm is best.... I've had my spot ready for over 2 years..( hell, changed my Avatar almost 3 years ago).

This game is no secret......

#16672 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

MKPIN - I'm not even sure what to say to you. I'm just excited for the pin and simply relaying back to others what I've been told. It's called helping the thread. And yes - others do "know" it's good b/c they've played it and are now buying it (like me).
The amount of sensitivity in this thread is unbelievable.

Delt31- I'm not " sensitive" at all. Just suggesting to chill a bit. Maybe some don't see it as " helping the thread" when you convey some info as " fact" ( place in line, glass, shipping, etc.) when it's more speculative.

There are many that have been promised many things, and possibly a few that still haven't got their requested refunds back yet.

I'm with you, and very sincere when I say that. Hopefully we will all be playing our games soon. All good...

#16674 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Holy shit at the amount of sensitivity in this thread. I didn't know this was the pinball wives of Beverly Hills.

Ok....you added this after I responded to your post. I'm done suggesting, beyond saying this does NOT help the vibe of the thread .....good luck on some the replies you are going to get to that comment.

#16701 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

We handed over this weekend an Alien Standard Game with 27" Screen to the Flippnic Club near Graz (Austria).
The machine was unboxed during the Austrian Pinball Open 2017 (APO17) and most of the people had several games on it, because it was set to Freeplay.
During the Side Tournament final it was also played and Krisztián Szalai made a great 99,5 mio Game on it.
You can find the video on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/rspinball/) There are also a lot of other picture of the event and unboxing etc.
The Video will be uploaded soon to Youtube and then you will see it in better quality.
BR Stefan
Ps.: Next week an Alien Standard will be also at the Badische Flippermeisterschaft in Germany

Great video!!!.Does this one have the lit pinblade and backpanel art? Doesn't look like it, but can't quite tell from the video. Good to see these playing!!!

#16713 6 years ago

communicated with Morgan this morning. He confirmed Roman glass was being pursued, but off the table at the moment. also confirmed they have parts coming for LE's and I should still have mine by Christmas ( I'll believe for now)....

See the comment above about the Standard that was being played and video posted. It does not have the lit blades or back panel.

They are going to have to create value in the LE's beyond what we know, now that fiber is gone...perhaps, they are offering these lit blades as options on the Standard, but included on an LE?

Regardless, I doubt that many bought a Standard, as the pricing early on wouldn't have warranted it, vs LE.

If we get fortunate, this first batch of Standards (is there a batch?) will fund and get the line running/ organized a bit, then they can do a batch of LE's. This would make most business sense, as most LE buyers (including me) will pay immediately upon request, knowing their machine is coming in <30 days. Some I know have already paid in full for their LE's , so little question of cashflow on their side if they can pull it off.

THAT is the question.....can they regain enough customer confidence with this "mystery container" to avoid implosion? That thing has to get on a ship NOW. I'm staying in, but think it will still be slow going for some time.

#16714 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

UPDATE on the Buffalo machine , which has received a lot of negative reviews, because it had reset issues.
They are awaiting a new computer and Xeno with updated motor. Not exactly shocking news.
Hopefully, they are not on the same slow container that shipped; and then was delayed by storms; and then washed up on the shores of Heighway pinball's factory, only to be opened up for QC purposes and to be reloaded sometime in the future.

The good news - If any of the glass breaks, it won't be romans (sorry...light hearted sarcasm there)....I'm going to give this thread a rest for awhile, and hopefully have a meaningful update in the near future......

#16746 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I agree with this statement. The original 60% was on the high end of what people might pay, but was still plausible. It was why I bought Full Throttle sight unseen, because I'd get kits for it in the future. That model is completely out the window.
The modular aspect was a USP though. Had everything worked out the way it was supposed to, 3 new titles a year, 60% of the cost, not needing to change the CPU.... I can see why it seemed Andrew could pull this off back in the day.
But, shoulda woulda coulda.

In agreement as well. Concept was great, providing the price didnt get out of hand. The company is not mature enough ( obviously) to pursue this visionary course.

Sure would cure alot of headaches ( imho) if they went more traditional until they get their fiscal legs under them. Hire someone to put custom art that integrates w the lit sidebox art, sell as individual machines, leave the engineering for a later period.

This cures the LE vs Standard issue instantly, and possibly generates more interest

#16770 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm fine. My SE will get here when it gets here.

As will my LE ( dammit, I'm posting in this thread again)

#16773 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How about dialing it back a notch and showing some empathy to those who have struggled here for years now and continue to be distressed about the future with unsecured deposits. You're at page three enthusiasm when Andrew was God here and we are now on page 336 in this thread.
Just a friendly suggestion.

I gotta agree here. We're not accusing you of anything, and hope you get your machine. We ALL want our machine. Your " updates" are not telling us anything we don't already know ( some of us may actually know more on the situation).

Telling everyone you're bailing if promises broken after a few weeks with a 1k deposit in the game at this stage in the process can be conceived as a " slap in the face" to a lot who are much more vested. Even early adopters ( such as me) had to throw at least $1500 at the game. I don't need a pat on the head...also don't need to be patronized with " insider" posts ( FB...really?).

As stated a billion times in this thread ( have you read it) The Alien experience is not one for instant gratification.

I spoke w Melissa ( whom I've delt with for years...her and Chris are the best) and congratulated her on taking this on. We talked Alien. That's all I need to say about it, as I'm sure many have done the same.

Be excited...show us your unboxing...we all want to see it. Otherwise, you're really not contributing to this thread ( respectfully)....thanks

#16776 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - I can understand that. Didn't mean to come off that way. Like everyone else I check this thread to see if there are any updates on shipping. I will continue to do so and update if I hear anything too. I am by no means an insider - prob the exact opposite. Happy to share pics/vids when I get this (whenever that is). I can't think of another game unreleased I would do this for but i just happened to play it in real life and was taken by it so hear I am.
On a complete side note - I just got dialed in and it's prob one of my fav games I've played in some time. Totally misread that one.

All good...you played the game and are excited to get one ( the way it should be). Just expect the road to still be a little bumpy, as it's been a long one. If you bring frustration every week ( and only being in for such a short time), it will fall on deaf, and sometimes soar ears. As others stated, just turn down a notch or so, hang in there, and your comments will be received better.

If you get your game before me, I'm happy for you. Most of us knew they would have to use new money to get the ship right.

At this point we just want unboxings and games in some quantity to start landing....anywhere.

Your DI comment however?...glad you love it...I played at Expo, and will never own one. Almost puts you out of the Alien Club ( kidding, of course)....

#16778 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The best way to alleviate Alien Delivery Syndrome is precisely to go out and get another game, or two. Since I ordered Alien I have taken in eight machines, and five of those since I paid in full. I am completely desensitized to the whole thing and will just be stoked when it shows up.
I have become.. comfortably numb.

Spot on...pinbud!!!

Of course, a fiber light kit for my IMVE would ease the pain alot as well..

#16783 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

This is so very true. My AFMr LE has taken away a lot of the pain of waiting.
Sounds like about 1/8 of the soothing you have seen.

Exactly my ratio!!!

#16801 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Me too. I've gotten six games myself during the initial launch and down payment
If you aren't comfortably numb yet have a few drinks as well to get you there

Finally, some sense in the thread!!!....only need 2 of what I'm drinking lately to get there....

#16819 6 years ago

Very nice update !!! Appears 20 something in a container, and 40 something new cabinets in the shop....very encouraging!!!

I might actually see my LE by Christmas....

#16827 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

20' container (1/2 container~20 games).

I counted 19 boxed in one of the pics, so believe you are spot on.

#16828 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Loading process took close to an hour, and that lunch break was on shortly before the truck arrived. Plus I wasn't the only one taking pictures.

There are obviously people building these things.... my question ....any of those cabs dedicated to LE builds?... obviously production will slowly ramp up...hoping they are mixing some in there....

#16833 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

Haha, yeah. The truck just went around the block and then straight back to the factory maybe. lol.

Doubt that, however, I'm sure there's not a proprietary ship waiting to sail today w these....... just glad to see them out the door at this point....eta? Only the shadow knows....

#16877 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

You know what.....I am taking back what I took back hahahahahhaha!!!!! They still very well could be LE's as they dont ship them with the legs on and they wouldnt use the real legs that come with as it would mar them up. So they could be using those legs in the pics just to assemble the cabs and then ship them with the unused legs. So they could be LE's.......here is my optimism getting the best of me LMAO

Like it!!! I think I counted around 21 cabs w legs on them....another container.....this would make a lot of LE people happy!!!
Anxious to see a true look at the green vs blue armor...I was 100% green, but then the pics shown looked like a pretty bright shade. May have to go blue....

#16894 6 years ago

From Morgan this morning:

"Hi Mark,
Thank you for contacting us today and thank you for your kind words surrounding the production of the machines. As you have seen we are hard at work to get these machines produced and shipped out to customers as soon as possible. We are producing large amounts of the standard editions at this moment in time and will be continuing this. The limited editions of the machine will start to be produced soon and we will then be shipping them out to customers as soon as possible.

We are hoping to have the LE’s out to the customers soon as the production ramps up, you will see more details surrounding this as we move forward.

Thank you for all of your enthusiasm and excitement around the build of these machines.

Thank you for your time as always and I hope to be in contact soon with more information. If you have any additional questions or queries please feel free to contact me."

Pretty safe to believe LE's won't be out for awhile.....

#16896 6 years ago

However, see the followup:

"Hi Mark,
Thank you for contacting us today about the production of the machines. I would say that we should have the LE’s in customers hands by Christmas if not before then. I don’t have a date to share with you today unfortunately but our aim is to get these machines out as soon as possible. We have just completed a large consignment of the standard editions and with our current pace we should really have LE’s out to customers shortly.

I hope that this information was useful to you today. Thank you as always for your time and I hope to be in contact shortly. If you have any additional questions or queries please feel free to contact me. "

#16927 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Never understood this desire from LE buyers to get the first games. I want a game built a little bit near the end of the run, made on a Tuesday. They've worked out all the bugs.

I want the LE, and don't care (obviously) a bit longer to get it. Somewhere mid line is fine by me, when the majority of bugs are gone, and updates applied. Planning on keeping this damn thing (hopefully), so I'm with you....

#16931 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

That's been my point from the beginning. This is not a regular situation where there isn't any speculation as to whether or not you will be getting your game. There is no guarantee that HP will be around in December or whenever to get their LEs. I thought it would be smart by HP to make sure the people that have waited (suffered) the longest should get their game first.
By the way, that would not be me. Just thinking about the other guys here.

And valid points, for sure. There is no doubt in my mind that the reason they are cranking Standards is it's " new money", mostly, which they are counting on filling the bank a bit. A fair amount of us early adopters out there, with only $1500 deposit, and waiting for solid proof of build before sending our balance. It's gotta add up to reasonable funds, but probably can't match the " new HW" excitement for the Standard at a reasonable price.

As an early adopter, we can only hope they are right. It doesn't seem unreasonable to build several LE's with the mix, as everyone goes on and on how they are identical games, w cosmetic differences. Shouldn't be that difficult.

Let's hope they show up at expo with strong versions of both. I'm rethinking my attendance, as I question if this happens.

Refunds pretty much cleaned up. Now it's time for those who have funded the " new interest buyers" and stuck it out to start getting their machines, which we were promised YEARS ago. Just not right....

#16934 6 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Mark, hang in there buddy. Your comments have been so positive for the past 8 months while I've been worried, etc. You and a couple others on here have kept me (and others) interested in the game - which I'm now positive will turn out in our favor. I can feel your frustration now and wanted to encourage you as you have done for me so many times. I believe your Christmas present will happen. Mine too!

Agreed, and apologize that I've not been able to keep some of my frustrations in check the past little bit. This is going to be an amazing pin (my Grail), and the journey has been a long one for many of us. I'm quite confident the wait is going to be ultimately worth it, and I'm not going anywhere...this machine WILL be the one to own!!!.....thanks for the kind words....mark

#17004 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Have you hooked him up to an oscilloscope? We need hard science on this.

Too funny!!!

#17013 6 years ago

It's very encouraging to see the game has progressed this far, and many things have been sorted BEFORE they started shipping in quantity (which the post refers)

I take it as positive news. They will instill value in the "LE", I doubt all cards are on the table yet (lets not forget the custom armor, along w lit side blades and limited artwork for backbox and sidepanels).

#17018 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Hey MK6PIN. Remember me? How’s our Iron Man VE doing?
Anyway I’m taking your advice and have asked Melissa at CT to put me in for an Alien when the next shipment becomes available. I’ll be selling my MMRLE to make room.
Cheers!

Of course crwjumper!!!....I still play that IMVE quite a bit.....especially when I have a tough day at work, and need a quick Pinball fix/ ass kicking..........

Melissa is great, and Alien is going to be the game to have, if you’re into SciFi Horror. This story could have had quite a different ending, and glad my grail theme didn’t become a casualty. They will come, they will come.....

#17019 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Since I'm setting off on an uncharacteristic bitch-fest today (what? I'm self aware ), that reminds me:
Unfortunately, the custom armor also means very little to me if it looks at all like the last few pics that were shown. The blue and green were far too matte and bright (and just plain ugly, imo), and the black appeared to not even come with black legs? If those are my only options, I'd honestly rather just get my own custom job done.
That said, art means a lot to me and i do still prefer the LE art to the standard. Hell, I'm probably the only person on here that's still a little upset about them ditching the small backbox screen option so i couldn't have both large art and a screen. Likewise, the lit blades and topper are pretty cool and would be the only LE-included upgrades I'd make for a standard.
Anyway, here's hoping they do instill some additional value and my paranoia is misplaced.

I hear ya...and hoping actual, better greens and blues are available ( I requested they either post a better pic, as hopefully these weren’t actually the shades)

Had to have the large backbox display, and I’ve already got 2, normal size, movie light boxes next to a couple of my pins. My translite will have a nice, lit home next to the game.

The lit side blades are an absolute must have ( saw them at expo last year), and being they haven’t actually built an LE yet, there’s no absolutes as to what they will add to the pin. They both play the same ( which everyone believes is the correct path), so there’s time for them to cook up some “ unobtanium” things for it. Getting Standards in the wild is our best chance to get a truly “ Limited” edition of the game, imho. I was ( of course) an early adopter, and the new Heighway Team reached out to me , with assurance that I would not regret staying the course. For $1500.00, no brainer for me.

Might get down once in awhile, but can assure you I’ll never be out....this machine is what Pinball needs....great initial code, Theme, some innovation, and something that is truly different to play.....

#17021 6 years ago

You read my mind.....gotta thumb that up!!!

#17040 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I don't think anyone knows what's going to be in the LE. Ill wait till its officially announced

Truth, and ditto here. They are gonna pump out Standards, get some cash flow ( hopefully), and make the LE worth it. No way they abandon it, nor should they. This is their shot to right the previous wrongs, and by most accounts, are staying the course. Only 500 ( a true LE #), and will charge a premium for it. Some will see value and buy it, some won’t....whatever.

I’m kind of excited to see what they come up with.....

#17047 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

That should have no effect on refunds.
With any decient company one request is all that it takes.

Toads...are you still waiting?

#17069 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

All lights on Alien are individually addressable, full color LEDs. We do lots of GI color effects and swooshes and wipes and such.

That's what I thought was mentioned......can't see Pinstadium working on this title....maybe a couple of spots, if needed. I want it dark and experience full effect. Having control of overhead lighting hopefully gets me what I want to see (works great for WOZ)......

#17073 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Little confused on your last sentence. Does that mean you are going to get stadium or just go spot light route?

Spotlights, if needed...see Frolics pics...

#17112 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Here is the tracking information on the ship carrying the first 21 Aliens.
OOLU4029084270 is the tracking number for the container consignment. Here is the corresponding web page for the tracking of this delivery http://www.oocl.com/eng/ourservices/eservices/cargotracking/Pages/CargoTracking.aspx
Sincerely,
Melissa
CoinTaker

Aliens!!! Have a great Expo, Melissa and Chris!!!

#17155 6 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

Today we got some realy good news from Heighway pinball .
7 Alien standard games orderd since loooong time ago has left the building and are on its way to the long waiting Swedish buyers.
Delivery time in Sweden tuesday if everything works with the transport company.
Cant wait to unbox one of this in our showroom and also make our client happy with a delivery.
More information and picture will come.

That IS good news!!! Pics please, upon delivery.....

#17164 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

latest from CT is a mon or tues pickup. I will confirm once i hear and take pics as well.

Your enthusiasm for this pin is commendable...even reaching into dangerous waters ( POTC thread) to praise the Alien theme. I really admire that. You will need to change your Avatar, however, as I can’t really consider you an “ Alien Guy” with a GB blowup.....

Really looking forward to your unboxing and report next week....

#17167 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

who doesn't, best decade ever, ur getting a bad rap because you came into this late and most of us are over that initial excitement not too mention all the broken promises, this is a dream theme for me so I hope it all works out and I can pick one up next year. Yeah and u need a new avatar, how about this.

Agreed.....I really want you to get this thing, one step closer to us getting ours.

Listen to Hazoff....some of his Avatars have scared the shit out of me. If your gonna be an Alien advocate, time to step up...

#17169 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If you have a great alien replacement, shoot. I'm not creative.

I’ll PM you one...voting you champion of this thread, so I get mine by Christmas.....

#17171 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If you have a great alien replacement, shoot. I'm not creative.
edit - made a move....

NOW we’re talking!!!.....I will officially pay attention to all your posts moving forward

Gives you more traction when you venture out of Alienland, as well....looks great!!!

#17176 6 years ago

Alien is my grail, and no change on me desiring to own it, and staying in. That being said, I’ve ordered JJPOTCCE, as it really seems like an amazing pin. Two different games, two unique experiences.

We will hope my LE lands long before the CE does......

#17182 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Alien sure stands alone as a pinball experience. Totally unique game.

Agreed....really think this will be special....

#17231 6 years ago

Gotta say....I look forward to making the “ impossible” shot. Didn’t seem to discourage Tron owners when Gem is nearly impossible on a consistent basis.....BRING ON ALIEN!!!

#17299 6 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

Hi All
This is the promised pictures of the first shipping Alien games coming to Sweden.
As promised this tuesday by Heighway pinball , 7 games reached us today
After a very long waiting it was like 2 year since this order was made and paid ,the games now finaly are in our warehouse ( well one in my game room )
The games will be sent out to the new owners this week .
Just had a fast time playing tonight , will do more gaming tomorrow.
So you who are waiting for your games , Heighway now finaly delivers.
Enjoy the pictures

THIS is what we need to see!!!....Hopefully, the container and other FEDEX units stated start showing this week. It’s really all that matters at this point....

#17306 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

amen. Can't agree more. More pics of new owners getting them. Keep'n it positive.

Just keeping it relative to what matters to most of us here. I’m not going to engage on gameplay / layout challenges because we need more out there to compare with. greenhornet wants to be intellectual in his condemnation of whatever, for whatever reason. Still quite suspicious to me.

Let’s hope they get a couple containers of Standards out, generate enough flow to get the line moving, ALL refunds and parts needs processed, then reward us LE guys with a great machine.

THEN we can bitch about gameplay, armor, quality, and the billion other things we do on here.

Does anybody remember the WOZ threads? Really? People were counting cars in the parking lot, counting JJP dead and buried, and machines were terrible, YEARS in the making....YEARS. Missing a xeno Head? Give me a break. Those early machines had to have the ENTIRE 5v system changed. The most polarizing title I’ve ever seen on here, period. Know what? It turned out to be an amazing game. Easily JJP’s most popular title.

Enough....just enough. Anything except machines being unboxed is irrelevant at this point.

#17334 6 years ago

I just go back and watch the buffalo stream for encouragement. They game looks fun to shoot, very interactive, and subtle Jack Danger comments hint to a great machine.

Nothing “ speaks” like streaming gameplay.....

#17361 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Please let me ask. Let's say all you have said is
true, the flow isn't perfect, and neither are some shots.
What's your goal?
To justify why you won't purchase?
Too share so others might not purchase?
At what point do you feel you've accomplished sharing your wisdom?
They are not going to change it, and maybe other than Hilton, I'm not sure there's a debate.
Perhaps a summary short and sweet to share
would allow more understanding.

Art, you have hit the nail on the head!!!

It's amazing the lengths some will go to in order to spread venom. I have a strong suspicion as to what the drive is and who is involved ( as Im sure most on here have the same vibe).

Funny thing is....no one cares....almost Friday!!! Games for someone, please....

#17368 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

mark, in many of your posts in this thread your extrapolated guess work abounds, and the conclusions you reach/speculate on are often dead wrong. that style is pretty worthless to readers. 600+ posts and your true contributions are minimal.
your kid in the candy store posts over this game since the start of this thread are overwhelming and mostly

your unrelenting support and perception of HP and Andy were incorrect

took a long time for you to finally change your tune

i am spreading facts, not venom. if anyone hurt the alien cause it was you by presenting unsubstantiated information and opinions. based on your comments, others might have been making some very poor decisions regarding this game and company.
and still you continue to speculate. this is the latest pot shot youve taken at me without having any idea who i am - but still you take a guess [or even worse, portend to make one] - in that MK6PIN style.

cant help it if you are a guess/speculate guy and im a logical/facts guy. perhaps i come across as i a "know it all" because i present facts, which are inherently known to be true and not up for debate.

Whew....you told me.....now....explain what YOU are doing in this thread? Educating us? I will speculate again....the purpose of your posting is to bring what to this thread? I speculate venom. Now go away ( " MKPIN style"?.....wtf).....enough...

#17385 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Just for the record greenhornet is not Kaneda

Then for the record, he can state who he is, and his relationship with him. Doubt we will get a fact filled, detailed answer here.

The last thing we need is this nonsense.. No worries Hoaky, but appreciate your support. A fanboy, Im not, an advocate, I am. Everything, from the F**king beginning was based on knowledge at the time. Things change, and looks like for the better.

Ive been in a long time w skin, and have played it. There is only a single person that Im aware creating a calculated, venomous effort to undermine the game....Kanada...period.

Start a new thread (greenhornet), do what you feel you must to "win", or actually mature and move on.

Nothing factual about anything you have posted, simply your take on anything you can find to discredit the game.

Many, many people want this title....move on...no joke...

Very, very excited to see unboxings and gameplay...you can quote me on that too...

#17408 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

If you are in Australia you can come play this one
https://www.facebook.com/events/121606861838600/

Excellent!!!!! I'm not in Australia, but please report.....thanks

#17419 6 years ago

Enjoying the critique from greenhornet and believe the real objections raised against his posting are from people believing that these posts do not belong in this thread - official Alien thread. I do not feel the objections are trying to stifle criticisms, only that many people believe this material belongs in a new thread - design issues with Alien. In this way everyone's opinion can be heard and Alien groupies can huddle in a safe place.
Now where are those unboxing pics?

My last input on this topic (guaranteed).....I'm not an alien"groupie" and don't need a safe place. I've been a supporter since day 1, as anyone who loves pinball and finally sees their grail have a potential to come to fruition. Greenhornet's comments are all based on his observations and perceived "truths" about gameplay...useless and without merit until the games actually are in peoples hands and they provide true metrics. He has also chosen to quantify me as some sort of child, and quoting (via extensive search) many of my threads relative to my journey with this title. A hope to discredit my opinion will further drive more away (and yes his statements are OPINION...I've actually played the game, he is speculating via fuzzy math).

His purpose is agenda driven, period (coming from an adult who is very in tune to this type of activity) and not appreciated on my behalf. We can all speculate why, but has no place in any threads, imho.

As far as Alien....I'll still be here, and can't wait to see more unboxings, gameplay!!!

#17423 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And I don't get the criticism of MK6PIN. MK6PIN has worn his heart on his sleeve and has been very balanced and realistic with the highs and lows of this ordeal. I want to see everyone get their machines but he deserves LE #1.

Thanks for the kind post, Kim. Whatever # I get (provided I get one), there will be an official invite to Asheville, to assist in the evaluation (after I play it a bunch, of course.......)....mark

#17435 6 years ago

Looks great!!!

#17463 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just a taste...
They're here!!

Just tuned in HOORAY!!!!!

#17464 6 years ago

Morgan sent me this pic this morning (maybe posted somewhere else). he said there was a large order of the colored armor arriving shortly for the LE's and would send better pics of actual shade once they arrived:

HP_games (resized).pngHP_games (resized).png

#17484 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It would be nice to see those that called Melissa and CT falsehoods, come back and apologize.
They always have their customer interests first!

+1000, but retractions will never be posted. Chris and Melissa rock!!!

#17493 6 years ago

Great stuff!!! Man, I’m happy for you, and Alien, in general!!

#17495 6 years ago

I know you can’t watch the game, but maybe just turn the tube on....down 3-0....like our chances if some of your good fortune wears off...unless your an Astro’s fan, of course...

#17497 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Game is playing in the background!

As it should be.....what a great Friday night!!!

#17511 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Go Texas! Plug that shit in!

Ha...yep, tonight your night...all good, Aliens landing!!!

#17561 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm actually a big fan of widebodies...just look at my current collection. I'm also a big fan of Judge Dread. I don't think any of those are snooze fests. Although I'm not a big fan of TZ or WOZ.

completely agree....I have both TZ and WOZ....love them both...just a different type of game...shotmakers...

#17563 6 years ago
Quoted from DarthBoMan:

First post on pinside. I've been following this thread for a while. With a lot of ups and downs.
I just played a few credits on one of the first machines in Sweden. And thought I should share my experience.
It was a lot of fun. A LOT of fun. Good flow, and some challenging (but not impossible) shots. The theme is really well integrated. The sound is awesome. It is everything I want in a pinball machine. There seem to be enough depth in the rules for better players to have a challenge, but enough easy fun for the casual players.
I'd like to get this game into my Full Throttle machine as son as possible.

Great post and gorgeous machine!!!!!

#17564 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yeah prob too strong on snoozefest - I updated to be clearer.

Never worry about posting your opinion...that's what pinside is about, and someone will always have a different one. it's healthy.

you're ambition and willingness to share your adventure has spoken volumes to me (and I'm sure others) in a positive way. Keep playing and posting....THIS is what we are all anxious to hear/ see......

#17614 6 years ago

So who has the other CT Aliens? Guessing they are being shipped to end users.....anxious to see more unboxings!!!

#17629 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Hey MK!
I'm hoping to have mine from Cointakers by Wednesday ( just in time for Halloween). Going to have some buddies over to open and play it, including Greg from the SDTM podcast in order to film it. I'm hoping to have everything filmed, including fly by of the pin inside and out.

EXCELLENT!!!

#17638 6 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I received the tracking info today from CT. Looks like the ETA to California is Friday. That would make a wonderful start to the weekend.

This is all great news....ALIEN LIVES!!!

#17640 6 years ago

Cannot wait for the LE run!!! Congrats to all new owners......

#17662 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

MK6PIN appeared to be ready to give us a lesson on questionable behavior but stopped short, settling for the buzz words [agenda driven]. not a single thought of any substance - even though it appears he is quite certain. for those hoping to learn something about questionable behavior, the above is an example of insinuation. and the following, an example of hypocrisy.

Yet

ALL TOO EASY.

a few days ago, i gave you two large paragraphs detailing my 'agenda'. still, you speculate that it is something other than what i laid out for you. im sure a few people would love to hear it.

Good grief!!! seems people are hitting your "poorly designed" shot.

Your views were not stated as opinion, but FACT (after we sort of figured it out).

The "agenda" I referred to was your intent to undermine this game, for whatever reason. that is my opinion.

Moving forward, your continual posting of my comments out of context is viewed as abrasive, with no purpose except to agitate or be confrontational. I will not engage further. Pathetic....

Really enjoying people receiving their new games, and anxious to eventually receive my LE. Hope you can find something to enjoy in this hobby, as well......

#17771 6 years ago

Sensing Charleston Seafood VERY soon for me......

#17784 6 years ago

I’m worried for you, as you’re getting in deep. Is there a schematic included w the game? It sounds like things are getting worse, rather than better, in your troubleshooting efforts. I’m in agreement that you need one of their techs on the phone pronto, to insure your efforts are not damaging other stuff. Remember, they are 8 hours ahead of us on east coast.

Good luck, but I wouldn’t dig much deeper in there until you’re comfortable having proper information. Definitely keep Melissa in this loop.

#17789 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks but i haven't really done anything here besides replace an LED with another. No other tinkering as of now. I am keeping Melissa in the loop - just emailed her. Wanted to get her blessing before contacting HW directly.

Cool......hopefully you get it back up in short order, and a minor issue.......

#17805 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Jesus, this thread would scare the living crap out of a potential Alien buyer! How is this company going to survive?? Even if they get all of the Aliens shipped, they will need a lot of money to develop a game 3. This is a bummer!

Nah, lots of new games have had LOTS of problems early on. How they deal with it is the key....

#17809 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation question: I wonder if we should create a separate "Alien troubleshooting" thread, or ask owners to post their questions or describe issues in the club thread?
Finding the right answer will be super difficult later in a thread with over 17,000 posts...

It does seem logical....most seem to have a Club thread, a few hate threads, a mod thread, and a troubleshooting thread.

There are scattered topics on this one ( I started the “LE#” thread), but think it’s time for a Fresh “ Alien, official Club thread”, and fresh repair thread ( the hate, refund, etc. threads will roll accordingly).

This original thread is so full of so much irrelevant info from years of input, any heavy trolling, etc. that generally don’t survive in the club threads....it can still hang, but eventually see the traffic die on it...just my thoughts...

#17882 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

This game is amazing!

Too excited....it’s happening!!!....more pics and reviews, the better....mark

#17899 6 years ago

Alien overload!!!! Great pics guys....beautiful freakin machine!!!

#17910 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

This layout is really unique (in a very good way). Feeding the upper right is not easy, but it's crazy satisfying. Mother to upper right to upper left ramp has to be one of the most satisfying combos in Pinball.

Drooling......

#17987 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How about a little credit for step 1?
When r u getting your game ?

Agreed.....seeing these start to show in the wild is major good news for anyone that wants in, or wants their refund processed ( which seems dwindling)..

#18037 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Here are are some pics of the game being unboxed and set up. The game plays great, I had a small issue with cpu randomly resetting. , but tightened cables, tightened up couple of cable screws to cpu, seems to have fixed the problem. Also little tweaks here and there nothing major. ALIEN heads needs a little adjusting. Going to g o over machine tomorrow and dial it in. Great game, very fun and challenging.

Stunning pics....

#18061 6 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I had the same issue. I removed the xeno head and adjusted the normally closed switch that opens at both extents of the tongue rod. The switch arm on mine was bent and wouldnt open up properly. There is a screw on the back end of the tongue rod that was in too far. The gap it made was too small and I think that’s what screwed up the switch. Now it works great every time.

Man....great responses/ fixes....not seeing dramatic problems unless I’m missing something. The dirty ramps seem odd, however.....hoping an isolated incident...

#18074 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Talked with Cointaker today. The next container of games is supposed to arrive in 3-4 weeks (just go with 4 weeks so you don't get your hopes too far up). She said some of those games are still available for purchase.
Just in case anyone's wondering...
I'm keeping my eye on Alien now. I want to see another container or two unload before I unload $8k. Alien does have my attention though - great to see some unboxings and people enjoying the game!

Ahh...this can only mean one thing....LE’s are close!!!!.....

#18115 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Point is, the wire harness doesnt have a clean look. I put it low on the priority scale but I hope at some point it gets cleaned up a bit. Overall the game looks solidly built, just a few areas to tidy up.

This^^^^^^I refer yet again to the early WOZ builds.....everyone sees how amazing that turned out. Can assure you the wiring was MILES from where it is now.....Alien is quite far from a “ home brew”......

#18124 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's cool I've just never heard the "weak metal" thing before, well...........

Weak metal, agreed....reinforced hairspray...evident....too funny!!!

#18126 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Finally got mine up and running other than the xeno. It's a fun game when it works.
This is what you can accomplish when multiball never shuts off. I finally got tired of playing and shut it off. I've had it happen several times now. Wondering if this is a stuck switch or possibly a code problem. Anyone else experience the same thing?

I think they identified that bug earlier in the thread.....would still keep that score however, as technically “ glass on”

#18129 6 years ago

Man...seems like there is a lot to do...once the bugs are squashed this will be a must have!!!

#18131 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question:
Are machines currently shipping? Is Heighway Pinball in full production? One mailed Morgan last week with no response. Ordered a Le years ago.

Quick answer....They are shipping Standards slowly now, LE’s around the corner. My LE PREorder probably as old ( if not older) than yours.....think we are close....

#18133 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So far mine has never done this.
Oh...and I fixed my launch button lite...loose bulb.

SWEET!!!

#18139 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I believe the usb drive is on the PC in the back of (inside) the cabinet. Its on the perimeter of the PC.

If that’s the case, I would definitely run a cable from there to the front of the coin door area ( secured of course)....

#18167 6 years ago

Jason,

How good does that look!!!! Great vid, trying to contain my excitement ( not working well)....thanks!!!!....mark

#18174 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Nice meeting you mk6pin
Anyone who hasn't played it, this game rocks!

Kneissl = great guy, and appreciate him letting me come by to play his Alien....2 words...HOLY SHIT!!! This machine exceeded my expectations, and one of the coolest layouts Ive ever played. ALL four flippers have great shots, and the game can be brutally fast.

This is the total package we have been waiting for...I NEED MINE!!!! More on gameplay later, but lets be clear ....the build, layout, immersion of this machine is like nothing Ive ever played before.....Wow, just Wow!!!

#18177 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Glad to hear you were able to get a taste of things to come.

We went through the whole game....all adjustments he spoke of were so minor in nature for any new game setup. Its very, very solid, and the gameplay code is already so mature. Amazing machine....

FINALLY, a genuinely scary, fun game....not for the kids, for sure...

#18179 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would agree that the majority have not had any major issues. Maybe me and one other which isn't too bad. Game is sleeper hit of The year. Once it starts getting produced more watch out.

Can’t speak to the majority of this first run ( I don’t know them), but can say the game was never a sleeper.....a lot of work and passion went into this game for YEARS.....very glad the new Team didn’t let it die, but rather finish the journey.

It’s been a long ride for some of us...playing it tonight made me realize the wait will be worth it. Surely, the front office can put a nail in any real refund requests, and this game can get the positive attention it deserves.....

#18184 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sleeper as in a game that the hardcore followers know about and appreciate but if you haven't been paying attention will be pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

Agreed on that!!!!

#18195 6 years ago

Ok.....slightly deeper dive than last night:

a) got about an hour of time on the machine. Kneissl was way too kind ( did my best to not drool on the machine)

b) Build pros- very solid and sturdy, comfortable to nudge, fit and finish excellent
c) Playfield- dark and shiney...typical minor dimpling. He added some mylar in the usual spots, can possibly see a Cliffy or 2 in the future to protect the left lock areas. Overall, excellent
d) Interconnect- components laid out well in cabinet, easy to trace/ identify wires, minor cleanup could be deployed
e) Interconnect in backbox- possibly “ janky” there ( easy to spot in previous pictures), but only relevant to led light strip. An incredibly easy fix or mod....hour tops for clean, square corners and cleanup of the strip itself. Effective in deployment, but picky guys will make this strip nicer.
f) Only con - Glass cartridge is VERY heavy ( although deploys a traditional lockdown bar....yeah!!!) Not sure how the glass itself comes out, but a completely different concept here. No worries of breaking glass the old fashioned way, but concerns on the posts hitting the glass within the cartridge.
g) Lighting- interactive RGB inserts are gorgeous and intuitive, but a lot going on. Playfield is darkish, but so is the theme. Will pass on pinstadium and possibly put a spot or 2 in, but the game has such a great vibe, will play “ as is” extensively first. This is a game that you don’t want to be blazing ( imho) so perfect.
h) Screens- can’t say anymore than what has been said. Having redundancy between the playfield and backbox image is perfect for this one....the horror on the big screen is powerful and immersive, while the playfield screen gives all the info where you need it.
I) Coding/ gameplay- this is possibly the most impressive part of the package for me, at this stage. I’ve never played a brand new title with the depth and intuitiveness such as this. There is SO much to do, and the interaction w video is just mind blowing. Stellar job!!!
j) Audio- can’t describe how much attention was also put in this area....from subtle to aggressive, it’s all in there, w high quality. Again, excellent.
k) How does it play? Some of the most satisfying ramp/ combo shots I’ve experienced. You can reach the upper playfield from the lower flippers....the top 2 flippers ( especially the top right) are what really give this game a special feel.
l) I own several games w multi flippers ( using TZ, WOZ, TSPP and SM as comparisons). The top right flipper is usually on the outer orbit, allowing you to prepare accordingly. Aliens top right is INSIDE the right orbit, and positioned for some great shots ...I made backhand to right ramp, airlock ramp, and the most deadly...a hidden “ inner orbit” when if achieved with the posts down ( there are 2 up there) comes at you so fast you can barely see it.....amazing!!!...hit it 3 times, caught it once.
m) Most satisfying is how you can move from right lower, to left upper, send to right upper, then hit the airlock or inner orbit. Timing has to be spot on and it’s tough, but wow!!!

Overall...so many things to do, and such a different feel....great, great game. I recommend NOT buying a pingulp for this one, you simply won’t have the time...first time I’ve had sweaty palms in memory during gameplay.

Sorry for being long winded....this game is turning out to not only be my grail theme, but a true classic player, as well....

#18196 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

You received better pics of actual shade? Shortly is over and Morgan has set my fully paid LE-mails on spam so you my only LE connection to him. Not clear if LEs get built in between or after the global SE-market is completely drained out and dry. My feelings say LEs get built after the global SE-market is completely drained out and dry but I would be thankful for a bit of fuel for my christmas dreams.

I sent a lengthy email last night, and will follow up w phone contact over the next couple days. No way the LE’s get abandoned, and I expect mine by Christmas. Suspect there will be an update very, very shortly......

#18199 6 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

I am a paid in Full customer as well that was promised delivery of my LE back in May(this year that is) I have kept quiet for a while but Heighway has now been unresponsive for over 6 weeks! I have had to mail them to try and get info and the response is always the same: we are hard at work here at Heighway blah blah bla. It seems like once they have your money it is go f... yourself. All I ask of them is since they took my money to give me an update good or bad every week with the state of things. I thought I was a customer but turns out I am actually an investor since I received nothing from them for the money they took.
Seeing them selling SE machines to new customers when there are now no difference between SE and LE makes me sick. I am in no way blaming new buyers but in my case I am for ever done with Heighway after Alien that's for sure.
New buyers be ware once they have your money they will throw away your number.
I wonder how many paid in full LE buyers are out there and what would happen if we all joins in a lawsuit to get our money back? End of Heighway? If so I am sorry to say they brought it on themselfs.
I actually want them to succeed but the way they treat customers they don't deserve it!

I’m only in $1500.00 as I know many are....I’m hoping the promise of more, guaranteed funds helps them understand that communication is going to make or break them....not the game itself. Hearing these stories kills me....I can only hope cash is flowing and they’ve sorted through most of the production/supplier issues.

This story will change, as sad as it would be for me to say, if some of us LE guys don’t have games by Christmas. Hopefully, they are hearing this....I’ve escalated my interaction....happy for the people that got a game ( not their fault...good timing on their part), but it’s past time to get some of us early adopters rolling...especially after I’ve played this thing. They DO exist, and ARE amazing.....our turn now........

#18213 6 years ago

Last update was a month ago, not an incredible amount of time between updates, given they have to build these things and ramp production.

If they were going to tank...could have saved a lot of hassle by just shutting down several months ago. Instead, quality games are going out ( stating as fact after playing it last night).

Unfortunately, 1 day of waiting in real time feels like a month in Pinball time. If the game was shit or non existent, then hopeless. The end product rocks, so the journey continues.....we all lose if they don’t make it....even those that received games. Let’s hope a good update is provided soon......

All of us ( including me) speculating on best/ worse case scenarios has zero impact on what actually happens. I’ll lament not having one for a bit, then realize it’s only Pinball at the end of the day. Easier said than done on occasion.

I’ve enjoyed playing one, Gave my take, and more anxious than ever to get mine. But for now, time to just wait....all we can really do.....

#18217 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Of al the posters on this thread MK, you're the one I most would love to see to finally get your pin. It seem like you've been here since day one. I sincerely hope that all early buyers get their pins (LE or standard) because once you have it in your home, I know it's going to give you the feeling of "water under the bridge" and you'll forget about the headaches once you hit the start button on this game. I hate hearing about pinsiders waiting for refunds and no communication and I blame the Predator fiasco for this. I think once you get your game you will be happy with the wait. MK knows what I'm talking about after finally getting the chance to play the pin.
I had mine for about a week and I LOVE IT! It's just a blast to play and it's the one I turn on when I go downstairs in the mood to play some pins. I know I'm in the newlywed phase, but I just got SW in the week before and I do play it a lot, but not as much as Alien. I can't explain it, but the playfield shots just seem so different than any other pin in my collection. Now if I can only hit the hypersleep shot more consistently!
Like I said before, I backed out of my LE order and changed it to the SE with Cointakers when I had the chance. Now since I have the pin, I kinda wondered what the LE offers now only because of what the extras would look like on it. When I first get a pin and start playing it, after a couple of weeks I start thinking about mods I can do for it once I feel it's going to be a keeper for me (side art, color dmd, etc). Ofcourse, the Alien standard already comes with the goodies, just stretching a point. Still, I don't regret my decision. Also, I never entertained the idea of switching out playfields on my pin because I knew nothing could replace the Alien theme to me.
Happy Halloween Pinsiders!

Thanks for the kind thoughts....it will happen!!! ( my # is 212 to match my TRONLE, and suspect our order dates were very close, Hank)....

#18220 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay...I finally figured out my launch button light issue. It wasn't working at all...in testing or game play. I fiddled with the bulb and it starting working in test mode so I figured I was all set. Wrong...it still didn't light up during a game
So I looked again at test mode...there are TWO launch buttons is test mode...normal and auxiliary. Mine was lighting on auxiliary but not normal. So I swapped the wiring on it. There was a spare pair of wires the same color as the connected launch button wires. I swapped them and now my button lights up in both (normal) test and during games! They had connected the auxiliary wires at the factory. Why there are auxiliary wires in the first place I do not know.

There’s also wiring in place for dual switch flippers, currently, only one switch there....we can hope!!! Good get!!!

#18235 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

pretty sure that's the next vault.

Whew...major speculation there...that’s been spinning for years....

#18237 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

I am also on the edge...I really want it, but every gun is firing off saying bail! I'd love to jump over to the big lebowski as it looks sooo darn good but its also in the same boat lol. So maybe Tron then.....price on that is only going up the longer I wait.

Now they’ve proven they can make a great machine ( minor issues all new games face), this is possibly the worst time to bail.....quality product heals a lot of time wounds.....we don’t know what is going on...none of us..just my 2 cents...

#18238 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Dont want to sidetrack this thread much getting into it, but look at the price of the Tron LE. Its gone way up recently since Tron legacy is getting a cult following now that they killed the franchise officially now. Heck at auction Trons fetch upwards to $8-9k pros and $10+ LEs instantly, its insane! Great game and is probably why they fetch that as these barcade goers flock to Tron first as they're familiar with it more. Just my 2 cents. Plus with the different variations depending on when you got the pin also makes some insane collector items, like the first generation 1 versions with a certain art and toy package vs the later variations.

Plenty of TronVE threads to address your questions.....the LE’s will not be reproduced, period, and have commanded a premium because of it. A VE will have to have great features, but come in at a competitive price point...going to be tough, as nib has continually raised, even w way inferior games...

Back on track......don’t give up yet...machine kicks royal ass, and speculation on here can really turn negative...quick....

#18255 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

This is probably of no help to any of you, but I recently bought a Twilight Zone from a collector/restorer in the UK who has 2 Alien machines (standard I believe). I got to play on it and agree with what has been said already about it being a very impressive machine. At the time of playing it, and until finding this thread by chance this morning, I had no idea of the scale of the issues in acquiring one.
He is selling them (he tried to sell one to me) but unfortunately as far as I know the UK price for these pins new was higher than the US one, and shipping would of course be prohibitively expensive. It could be an option if someone is desperately after an Alien pin with the cost being a secondary concern. Obviously parts / support would still be an issue in any event.

Obviously, the scale and scope is always exponential on Pinside. I HAVE reached out to Morgan directly, as an advocate for all the millions that havent got their refunds.

Communication is poor....fact

Game is beyond excellent ...fact

Posted my experience of playing one, and as usual, enough is never enough.

Maybe we get lucky, they say f**k it, we will never satisfy everyone, and fold. Everybody wins, right?

Im truly sorry for everyone that has been wronged in this experience...wish I could fix it, but cant.

We destroy games before they are even produced, then never seem to agree on anything ( too expensive, JJP/ Stern suck, on and on and on).

Not justifying anything HW has done except staying the course and building a truly amazing machine. There are times, however, that I cant stand Pinside, our only true community in a small, ever shrinking hobby.

Tell me when its over......

#18257 6 years ago

Andrew didnt embezzle shit...ran out of money, broke promises getting the game to the finish line, pure and simple.He wanted Alien worse than any of us. I AM a successful businessman, and flags are raised all the time in this hobby. Nothing fiscally solvent about any of it.....ahh....done....dark for awhile...

#18258 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Has anyone reached out to Daniel or Roger as opposed to going thu Morgan?

Yes...damn games are being made

#18396 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Wonder what will happen to Cointaker LE customers, as the 27" back box screen was included in their pre order price.

CT LE price higher than the early adopters.....

#18397 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Seems like $550 was the screen price that I always saw.

Yep....and $800.00 was advertised add for the fiber. The early adopter LE price still best, if you consider powdered armor, shaker, lit side blades, etc.

Morgan stated this morning they were still targeting Christmas delivery, but couldn't give an exact date.

Long, long wait, but will still be the best value, if you wanted all the bells and whistles....

#18401 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Yeah, I did the math and there's pretty much no point in cancelling the early LE and ordering a standard from CT (assuming the "free big screen" concession is true at a minimum).

Morgan confirmed this to be the case to me this morning. I wanted the big screen anyway, so a win, as not sure how the fiber would look on this one anyway. I want the LE art, shaker, beacons, lit blades, so yes, a no brainer for me.

Just posting what was conveyed. Not much interested in this thread much anymore (sadly) as after playing the game, I'm 100% in, and things are moving the right way. People have got games, and more are being made.

I'll post an unboxing when it shows...Morgan conveyed they were still targeting Christmas. Beyond that....bitch away.....

#18403 6 years ago

When I played the game, yes......beyond that, nothing to say that hasn't been said 1000 times already.

#18412 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really good news to report....
After an hour skype session with the HP team, my 11 lights are now fixed! Hell yes. What happened was there is an input with 4 prongs that should of had a jumper or solder on two of them and it didn't. Def a factory miss so when I put the jumper on, it worked! My only remaining issue is the LCD PF screen and they are mailing out tomorrow. Should have less than week. Once that's in I'm perfect.
As an owner for almost a month now, I've had no other issues so I'm pretty excited. I had a replacement on board if this didn't work out so covered on all sides. CT/Melissa continues to be helpful - HP really stepped up with the personal troubleshooting experience. Yes - I shouldn't have to do this at all but brand new machine, new company - I'm expecting a little of this. I told the guys the game is great - it really is.

Great, great post!!!!...and for the record, Ive never experienced a single pin, from any manufacturer, that didnt have to be screwed with to get it right....including brand new machines.

The game itself, and their passion for it, will ultimitely pull them through this. Progress= a good thing

#18429 6 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Whaaaaaat.... I want those key chain plastics

And yet a hint of LE futures ahead.........

#18436 6 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

After reading this saga, Jpop, and SkitB...I'm having a hard time getting my head around why history keeps repeating.
What is it with pinball and people paying but not getting? Can somebody name another industry where this happens with regularity??

I still refuse to put Heighway in with the other 2 "companies" you listed. Heighway is righting the ship, albeit slow, and games are being shipped. This is their second title. The other 2 were absolute scams, took money delivered absolutely NOTHING......not even close.

Other industries? I would have to point at most service groups, as "over promisers/ underdeliverer's" closest to the "people paying but not getting" category.

I'm forever amazed at the lack of accountability that prevails, on a much greater scale than what pinball sees, fiscally. Hard to get any project of substance completed on time, within budget, and with any type of real accountability to the caliber of quality or performance of end product.

#18446 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really? I like them. Come standard. Would want black?

Definitely Black powder.....I'm actually thinking this might be how I roll w my LE.....all black really fits this one...

#18447 6 years ago

Black chrome ( or nickel) on legs and armor would look sick!!!!

#18490 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

You have to remember that when they bild the LE the have alot of paid in full customers that they would have to give games - so that would mean no profit coming in which is what they need now. If they keep making standards and I be youll start seeing one or two les per batch.

I disagree, as many, many prorder LE guys just put deposits in. Should be some decent money on the table, stiil.

If new LEs arrive that arent for early adopters, Ill admit that is way, way below the belt.

#18491 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

For a guy that jumped in very literally last minute and has not been through all the drama that us who've been at this for a lot longer and screwed over countless times and still dont have anything to show.....his posts just twist the knife more and more every time. Yeah I would be happy to call in right now and order a LE and have it shipped out on the next container. It would just be a normal business dealing. But to those that have been waiting and dealing for years of lies and deceit and such, its gut wrenching when they post all these happy and overzealous posts about how great these same people are who have screwed everyone else over lol. It strikes a nerve after a point.....

Tend to agree on this one...his enthusiasm and persistence got him the game, and his original intent was to keep us posted on delivery.
To now become the " Alien resource" tends to sting alot of us . Glad the game is fine...might be time for him to enjoy it, and let the thread rest, as more of us eventually get the games we committed to years ago. Posting mylar tips is somewhat naive to those of us that check all of our games for such things. Maybe our turn now....

#18501 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

delt31 don’t listen to all those people, this is the official aliens thread and I have been very interested in all of your posts and updates. These guys just have a axe to grind and can’t be happy because they preordered something and got screwed. ( news flash! Stop preordering games.)

Umm...newsflash....this game would have never come to fruitition without preorders, and PEOPLE who believed in this game. This was never a garage build, just mismanagement, now being handled proper by many of the core team that was there from the beginning.

Early adopters are also PEOPLE, and I , for one, dont need education on this.

The thread has become a tough read...
Recent events point to things going in the right direction.

I was ( still am) quite happy for delt to get his game. There have been others that have received one, as well...all wins for all of us.

Its the nature of the ongoing posts that are starting to grind...a handful have been subjective and helpful, while his have drifted a bit. The request was to just tone it down a notch...thats all

#18517 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don’t agree with some of the comments, no question but ultimately there is an owners club thread and this thread servers a different purpose. Considering I’m an owner, loving the game for the past month and now in the refining stages, I’ll move my posts over to the club. I hope everyone, especially LE owners are happy when they receive their machines. Cheers

It's all good...not a single sour grape here...very, very glad you received a game (as everyone who has). It's just a tough thread to get through on occasions (and can assure you, I'm the biggest alien guy out there). I even started a separate refund $$$ thread that seems to help to a degree.

I'm in agreement all things Alien should go here. Let's hope in the near future everyone gets their games, or monies back, qc and communication improve, and this sine wave can smooth a bit.......

#18520 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Just so you know:
I finally received a production Alien pinball machine that I can use for development. I had a loaner for a few months from Tommy of Nitro in June, but I will keep this pin and move it down to my studio as soon as possible.
Currently, the only AV assets that are missing are for the final-final mode "All Out War". These are being worked on now.
Additionally the US team is working on refinements that can only be accomplished on a production machine. You just can't effectively tune choreography if you can't experience it.
Our goal is for an upgrade in mid December that will be 100% complete and polished.
daudioguy

How good is that!!!

#18527 6 years ago

I received email from Morgan today, stating the 3 color choices for the LE's would be shown very soon, with LE machines going out directly after. He would not guarantee a Christmas delivery but stated that was the intent.

Now....WHO LE's go out when, I don't know. I did respond that my hope was the refund issue had been resolved, and the LE's would go out in the order they were received, with EARLY adopters being first.

#18530 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Shouldn’t it not be in the order received, but in the ordered manufactured a la the LE number? What would FUN! Billiards and allpinball have to say about this, I wonder?

My take they would be shipped in direct relation to order date.....My LE"#" is 212, to match my TRONLE, but order was placed the first week it was announced.

If " new money" LE's are delivered before existing customers, suspect many, many more refunds will be requested. They've gotta do the right thing here....Christmas around the corner, we shall see....

#18571 6 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

I agree, I am a very early adopter Nov 2016 and already expected the 27" screen in the sale .Hopefully the upgraded glass and maybe balance via credit for CT products would be cool. Either way they need to make good on the full cost of the fiber optic cancellation . I am very glad I will eventually get the game and never thought of bailing ,but no sympathy and want back what I paid

Early adopters knew we would be charged the $550 for the large screen....didnt even exist as an option when I ordered...Ill have to look at the date of my deposit when I get home tonight ...

#18596 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Is the company out of business? Tried to contact them four times with no response in the past month. I am requesting a refund at this point. Thankfully I am only in for $1500. When all the crap went down i got my credit card return for over 7k. Got lucky. Any others not getting any response from heighway?

You already posted in the refund $ thread, and your amount is included in that total.

This what I'm trying to avoid....multiple requests from the same person across multiple threads....hopefully the end is near...

#18600 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

For anyone who thinks there is a risk of them losing their money and/or this game not going to get made en masse, please let me fix your logic for you. Here's why this thing is 100% going to get into the hands of those who want it.. The product is good, and if anyone has to bail out the manufacturing they will get it for a song and make a boatload of cash out of it. When these things fail, the guy who always ends up making the money is the last guy who comes along with enough cash to bail out the last guys who tried, and he gets it for next to nothing.
So Andrew failed, and now the investors are running it. If THEY run out of cash, the next in line will bail them out, and be one step closer to final production, and if they fail, it will be even closer, etc. Hell, I will be in that line if the project gets recycled enough times. Who wouldn't take on a fully licenced, coded, shipping machine that looks this good??
Everyone will get their machine and/or their money. The only variable is time.

Way too much logic in this post!!! Spot on, and 100% agree. Timeline wise, we must remember 90% of it was Andrews efforts to get it through to the finish line. He got it there, just ran out of money before crossing.

This game is deadly, and in the end, a good product wins, period. Ive played one of the new standards ( posted earlier) ...a beautiful, great machine. These are happening......I dont care if if the LE only has minor adds....it will be 1 of only 500 of a truly landmark pin... (and grail for me). There is no theme I want more....

#18601 6 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Would you be happy buying in knowing fellow pinheads got raped?

Not gonna happen

#18637 6 years ago

Been in since 10/21/14..who's still in that's in my timeline?

#18639 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

that dissertation? im willing to create a thread of its own for everyone to read/address. i feel its too important to get lost/buried in this one. im confident a number of people will look back 6 months/a year from now and have reassessed their opinions on this particular aspect of the game. perhaps they will be saying 'see look at all the software adjustments ferret had to make to make this game more playable'. perhaps they will be saying 'look how nobody bought the game due to this or that', 'look how many are for sale for this or that reason'. perhaps they will be saying 'look at all the unfavorable comments buyers/owners/players have made over the last year that stem from the assertions greenhornet presented 12 months ago'. im not certain what they will be saying, but they will be saying something.
have it your way Hilton. its a shame you still dont understand all the fallout/ramifications of this design choice. they are many. perhaps you will be hearing from Dave Sanders personally due to your unyielding stubornness.

I've PLAYED the game.....it shoots fine, in fact the upper right flipper to the airlock is a very satisfying shot. This is finally a different, yet quite enjoyable layout. Nothing wrong with the design...quite intriguing, and the code makes it deep.....enhances gameplay, but does not make it shoot better.....good grief...have you played one?

#18640 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

10/19/14 here, still in.

BAMM!!! congrats, pinbro...beat me by 2 days....good Alien times await....

#18647 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

10/19/14 for me too
Still in
-Jeff

Man, feel like I was late to the party now...... #212 here...to match my TRONLE....

#18648 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I'll double down on that bet with you Astropin. This machine is off the charts. I've owned a lot of machines in the last 4 years. Check my collection and history. I buy just about everything because pinball is so fun. But this one is really special. The chestburster shot is a carbon copy of the gem shot in terms of difficulty. But that's one of the things that makes this game so intriguing. The last game that was so immersive to me that I owned before actually was my Tron LE. If there was a game that was worth 10k. This is it.
I don't disagree with Greenhornet about the difficulty of this shot but I wouldn't call it a "flaw". I just played a game and finally reached Save Newt multiball and it was a lot of work but man it was fantastic!
Hell my posts aren't even working right yet but it's still amazing.
Stick in there LE owners. This game is truly worth the wait. Don't let the negative stuff get you down. Or negative people. I have played this game, NOT watched it on YouTube. I would say if it it sucked.. ........You're getting a "Gem".

A very inspiring post.....I felt the same way after playing it....a very special machine...the wait will have saved some $$$, and the LE's will vanish once released......almost there, almost there....

#18673 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Hello everyone,
I’m one of the many people who pre-ordered and foolishly paid in full for the Alien and Full Throttle LE pins. Btw, I’ve asked them just to send me the standard version and keep the difference (price between LE and standard) and they have not acknowledged my request! Morgan has not been helpful (when he on rare occasions answers an email). I do not know who to contact at Heighway to get relief. At this point I just want a refund. If Heighway survives, I will buy one or both games from Cointaker or in the aftermarket.
Does anyone have good emails on who I might reach at Heighway that might honor a refund?
Unfortunately, I suspect they are out of money. The fact that they are even considering making a third or fourth game when they have left so many people high and dry, is beyond me. This takes unethical business practices to a new low.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've created a dedicated thread for refund requests:

Trying to tie a real $$$ to what is out there:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-an-alien-refund-request-for-clarity-thread

going to create a very easy spreadsheet to lay it out, to actually see who is owed what, and for how long. Can't give it to them any more black and white than that. Please post over there as well....thanks......mark

#18700 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Post away Delt. Dont let the haters get you down. This is a thread for anything Alien. If y'all dont like him click the ignore button already and shut up about it.
-Jeff

Agreed.....many, many more posts to follow, I'm sure....btw, I've heard the CT shaker is much stronger than the standard versions out there. Anxious to hear how it works now, and after Ferret codes it. hopefully (surely) an intensity level setting......

#18703 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Just "the sky is falling" posts. It's good to see some positivity amongst the harsh reality and the end of the world
-Jeff

+1....starting to breathe a bit...

#18715 6 years ago

In lieu of post #18706 (I received the same e-mail this morning), I'm going to close my other Alien thread, addressing refund $$$'s owed. This e-mail is quite refreshing, and they are obviously aware of the challenges, have a plan (whether we like it or not) on how games/ refunds will go out, and aren't going to pay much mind to social media, providing updates as they see fit to the customers.

I appreciate them being as honest as possible, and no point in beating a dead horse. This does seem to show their intent in making everyone whole, and not abandoning early adopters. I wish them speedy resolution, in for the remaining haul (however long that might be), but see no point in discussing or attempting to clarify the now very, very obvious. More convinced than ever that games/customer support/ refunds/ etc. will be handled, but on THEIR timeline. Is what it is.......

#18717 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

were you prepared to wait until everyone was paid back refunds before sending them money? Just curious as you seem pretty anxious to get your LE!

Of course I am anxious, and actually was hoping more, if not all, refunds were issued before I received my game, hence the attempt of generating an actual Pinside refund #.

Make no mistake, when I get the call, Im taking my game. Also know Ive communicated the $$$ owed to others to date from the thread to Morgan and Dan. Simply trying to get more info in an easy to see format.

After much thought, I've asked the mods to keep the thread open, as it can still be a central point regarding $$$, etc. Even if we are the only ones reading it. Post away....

#18726 6 years ago

Agreed, and can't be overstated enough.....they've only been at the helm 6 months!!!!....1 good decision simply doesn't rectify 1 bad one. Typically takes an exponential amount of "rights" to overcome a "wrong"....pure business fact. The rabbit hole was deeper than was anticipated, yet they still press on, at a pace they hopefully believe will get things in black ink sooner than later.

This e-mail was right to the point, and pretty easy to tell wasn't fabricated. I appreciate ( in a tough way) their unwillingness to "over promise/ under-deliver", attempting to stick to their plan.

Realignment in process (6 months old)......I'm very appreciative that games are going out, refunds processed, and they are moving in the right direction. We hope for the best.....

#18741 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Thumbs up to Rubberduck's post. Just wanted to add he's not inventing things. People working for Andrew were surely screwed more than anyone else.
About the new investors... Their mistake was probably (as successful businessmen) to imagine there was a certain level of competence in the way things were managed before the take over.
Their communication may suck, but it's nothing short of a miracle they accepted to invest in this company.

This..^^^^^^

And anyone thinking they have only shipped one container of machines is simply wrong. That "175"# may not be as far off as you might think.

We're getting our games, people are getting refunds, and the machine itself is a legite contender.

Glad to hear a unified response, and looking forward to finally seeing the true LE builds.

6 months? They've done a great job w what they took on. 6 more months? Quite sure much more will have been accomplished. Grateful they didnt just let it fold.

The email was more of a "state of current affairs " that was well received ( by me).

A business doesnt have to ( and pretty much never does) disclose business details as outlined " should have been disclosed" by others here. Get over that one.

#18742 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Meh... the whole "we won't take our game.." line is just pandering. These guys have now outlaid money individually that is probably 10x-30x their 'game' money... do you really think getting a 7k toy (or even multiples) or not is the big sacrifice here? That's a nice gesture I look right past because it's not really representative of anything of substance.
New problem every week... we can't relay any of those stories to help build confidence, but we can take the time and effort to blame the internet multiple times. I have no doubt they are facing all kinds of things they as individuals didn't expect... but I don't really buy the story about supplier parts issues... unless the problem is they couldn't get parts from the guys they did before.. or problems actually getting the volumes in the way they want. The parts have already been through all the iterations. Does not pass the sniff test.
If parts still continue to be a problem, then they should be addressing how that is being handled... not "sorry for the wait, but we really care... stay tuned".
It's the kind of fluff that doesn't actually build any confidence in their ability to deliver.

More a statement of good faith, not intended to give a $$$ inference. They care about this game, and (now) their Company.

We can read the letter anyway we choose. Not a stretch to believe it, actually.

#18743 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They need more staff, and most of all, full time on-site management.
But anyway, to address the crux of your uncertainty as to their intentions. If the new owners had planned to leave all the people that got stiffed hanging, they wouldn't have taken the company over as a going concern and assumed its debts and liabilities. They could simply have waited for a formal declaration of bankruptcy, and then taken the assets as preferred creditors or for very little money from the administrators, whilst not assuming the burden of responsibility.
They chose not to. Perhaps they regret that now, but they chose to offer a safety net to everyone involved, and give themselves much, much more work. Hopefully they ultimately manage to stick to it.

Spot on, sir.

#18746 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

A business under water and facing multiple failures is not under normal operating conditions and a top concern should be CUSTOMER CONFIDENCE. Everything I outlined was about how you build CONFIDENCE, not just about curiosity.
But hey, if you all are willing to smile and bend over because of the offer a free toaster... I'll check back in in February and see if the toaster has still kept you as a happy customer.

I didn't get the toaster deal.......bastards.....

All good...your assessment is a legit one (as they usually are), but believe there is a better than average chance this gets done, just maybe (definitely) not how we had hoped.

This is not a JPOP or SkitB story (scam) for sure...just an extended JJP parallel to me (from across the pond). That turned out well, and we now have a third (counting Spooky on a smaller scale) supplier of games to feed our need. Sincerely hope we have a solid #4 to talk about next year.....

#18748 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I liked the odds better a month ago... The drag to LE finalization is perplexing. The lack of steady output is concerning. The JPOP-style pr response is extremely disappointing and frightening at the same time.
Scandinavian culture is terse as it is... but they are usually direct and clear. Several of these investors are of that background. Id expect more direct addressing of things.
The inability to make their early adopters whole as well as getting ferret a proper production build yet are failures holding them back from building champions. Small things they could do that would have much greater payoffs as the outcomes scale.
We go back to holding on and seeing if output improves...

Most of the context of this email was somewhat already known by those who are still communicating ( I generally reach out every other week, and always get a response). The LE powdered hardware was ordered in bulk ( hope it looks good), and you can see 3 machines in the back of the last pic showing them being partially being assembled.

It was stated to me a month ago that they would provide pics of the 3 colors on actual LE machines, allowing owners to choose. They stated ALL machines outstanding would be built by end of first quarter ‘18. This doesn’t stop the “ mixed” batches going out in December, etc. ...

I really believe they have been focused solely on getting Standards out the door, hence getting cash flow, making qc improvements along the way.

While it may not be a popular decision, I’m convinced that consistent, accurate communication has not been one of their priorities ( obviously). I don’t like it either, but also know that a quality end product will ultimately stabilize the company. A great machine is a great machine, and it will sell in spite of the other shortcomings.

I’ve had my hands on, and played one of the new Standards. It’s a great machine. This is happening...just on their timeline, not ours.....

#18754 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Wouldn't full throttle have to be the sales hit that WOZ was for this to be the case?
Don't believe we would have JJP today if not for WOZ.

Completely agree....Jack took the leap w a timeless first theme...a wiser choice, imho, than Heighway.

His first game will always be the landmark for JJP....Heighway will have Alien.

Parallel for me is they are both business people/ organizations, with the actual intent of producing quality machines ( not the pipe-dream vaporware like basement boy).

Both nearly tanked and needed new money and investors to pull it off. Jack nearly lost everything and was crucified on here..but came out on top.

Andrew didnt make it, but got the machine far enough that the new group finally has a landmark pin.

Pinball not only hard, but extremely risky for all, given we are such a small market.

I think a thread " early adopters, WOZ vs. ALIEN" would be a fascinating discussion...someday....

#18756 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Is the toaster in the goodie bag?? Oh, oh...got it. Good one. No actual toaster involved. Check.

Im quite upset with this toaster discovery...

I want an Alien barstool....dammit

#18760 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The fact that Ferret doesn't have a pin at this point just shows how threadbare they are on parts, and funding..

Think he stated a few pages back he's got one now......

#18765 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Absolutely agree. I bought a WOZ 75th anniversary and the wife and friends all loved it, but I grew bored with it pretty quickly. I feel the same about Hobbit. However, Pirates looks like a well done theme.
Alien has the lineage and game play to be a game of the decade. I certainly think it is better than AFM. But, if the new owners of Heighway are not careful, they will blow all the good will and trust, if any, that still exists. I cannot get over the fact that they do not send me my (paid for in full) Full Throttle. That is a mature game with stable code. I have been ignored on repeated requests for them to build and ship my game. At this point, I have given up, and asked for a refund. No answer. Silence. I honestly don’t think they have the money or intent to build and ship my Full Throttle, let alone fully pre-paid Alien LE’s (like me).
If something doesn’t happen soon, then I will initiate litigation. If they declare bankruptcy, then so be it. Perhaps early adopters like myself can band together and buy the I.P. from the bankruptcy judge. If that happens, all early adopters will be screwed (we are already screwed), but at least there will be a chance of getting the game to a reputable manufacturer.

This is absolutely the oddest case that I've seen regarding the timeline/ refund thing. Guessing you were paid in full for both (how long, if I can ask?) then finally got tired of the wait and zero communication, so now pursuing total refund (again, how long ago, if permissible to ask?). I can't see them doing this intentionally, but obviously something is seriously wrong in you instance......

#18766 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yes u can, we are talking about Sci Fi Horror with a giant lizard that eats people vs my mothers and grand ma's favorite movie, sorry i couldn't resist but "somewhere over the rainbow", come on man.

Too funny!!!!

#18767 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Well, I've still got my year-old prototype, not a current production machine. daudioguy has a current production machine, though.

oops...my bad.....knew someone on your team posted that they finally had a new game to use for further development......

#18774 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I would be lying to you if I told you I didn't get nervous on the long wait and broken promises, prompting me to drop my LE version to a standard version when the opportunity was given to me.

Can't blame you, and super glad you're enjoying this very special pin.

I've never entertained the idea of switching my LE order, for some odd reason. Suspect because it's truly a grail theme for me (changed my avatar the day I ordered it), and knew it would be special......wanted the best version I could get. I also watched the WOZ story unfold here, and lived it with one of the first 5v versions. That damn machine was going to be great, and I was going to be a part of that journey (boy, was I ever). Turned out amazing.

Alien has been an amazing ride....large backbox screen wasn't even available, who was the true designer, artist, etc. Did they really even get the license? Would the game even be made? These, plus a million more factors (alot not in the threads), provided all I needed to stay the course, regardless of the outcome. Felt like I'm a part of the process, somehow, even though merely a customer.

The thread is actually a great read in the early stages, as many, many die hard Alien fanatics swarmed with ideas and visions of what this game could be. I'll wait and get my LE eventually, or lose my $1500.00 gamble, just is what it is. Will certainly have a great story to tell whether it sits in my gameroom, or not.

Been in way too long for any other outcome. I'm grateful it seems that things are pointing in a much better direction.

#18775 6 years ago

Does that mean you are ready to stand up and be counted by posting info in the refund thread? It won't speed up your refund but it will record your new status. I think Heighway Pinball has been clear that refunds will be phased in as cashflow allows. Maybe the size of your desired refund will put you close to the top of the list. Maybe they are issuing in the order of request, there isn't any clear basis. GLWTR

Completely agree w Jeff....if you're done, please post your $$$ and refund request date in the other thread so it can be included. Thanks.....

#18781 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Indeed that is the only reason the pin is (still) alive. The license-approval process was just brutal because the licensor was in parallel producing a new Alien movie. Andrews biggest accomplishment was he got the pin fully approved before he left like Schettino the Costa Concordia. How did he accomplish that? With brilliant notorious lies and semi-frauds he collected and kept preorder money which kept the company alive until the pin was approved. It was just enough value for the investors to shoot fresh money in. The bad heritage of Andrew was a big trust loss so big that everyone in got out if the investment was no pocketmoney (like for me LE paid in full last year). The Investors underestimated the heavy trust damage Andrew produced not only with the customers but for sure also with many business partners as Andrew was a notorious lier. To heal the company the investers had to shoot in fresh six figures but they did so the pin will arrive.

Can't speak to any of the trust loss or "notorious liar" parts, as I have no insight, but even your post reflects the apparent progression and ultimate production of the machine. Very, very grateful that the investors stepped in to finish this thing proper.

#18782 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone know if that second batch of alien went out to CT bc more people should be getting it

Didn't you mention you would be getting a replacement machine out of this second batch? Nice to see you looking out for others "next up", however.....

#18783 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

To give credit where credit is due;
I emailed Daniel and he responded quickly to say he will straighten out my issues ASAP.

This is soooo good to hear!!!!!

#18810 6 years ago

Man...getting crazy excited to get this pin!!!!

#18833 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I had completely intended to film a bunch of gameplay when I was over at kneissl's house, but was too enamored with the game to care.
It's not my job to make sure you get to see video of a game you hate.

Reading my mind.....game is amazing...period...

#18848 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

that 'simpleminded' reference?
i was having fun at someone elses expense.
i expected it to go right over your head, which it did.
for the rest of you:

You are really not contributing anything of value on this thread, and the context of your posts is meant to berate existing or future customers, the game itself, or whatever agenda you have for keeping everyone here "informed" w this bs. Enough already....

#18858 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

What do you guys use to measure the pitch? I just use an app for my smartphone, but always wondered how accurate it is.

I've got a digital inclinometer that I use for very precise speaker adjustments...quite expensive and overkill for this purpose, but already own it. Deadly accurate....

#18865 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

OK. Thanks guys. I think I know what Santa needs to get me for Christmas.

Boy do I ever.....

#18866 6 years ago

Wow, your gameplay videos are amazing. Much better than any other video out there. Before I continue my post, I will apologize for the massive amounts of questions I’m about to throw at you. Heh. Okay, here we go... Do you mind if I post them to facebooks Pinball enthusiasts page? Also, Did you put color changing bulbs in the back box? It looked like it was changing at the end of video 2. Also what do you have your game set up at. It looks so amazing how it plays. Did you add washer protectors to the sling shots? I see they aren’t broken. What about Mylar? I couldn’t be more excited to get mine this upcoming week. Any issues with your game upon opening? I wanna make sure to do the little adjustments from when I open it up so I can have the smoothest experience possible

Majorly excited for you!!!! Can I ask where you ordered from? Trying to gauge if this is second batch from CT, or somewhere else....thanks ( gotta get these standards out)...

#18883 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why not just wait until the LE's are actually shipping?

Truly believe the LE's are very close.....spoke w Morgan yet again yesterday, and said they were doing everything possible to get the actual armor shown on an actual LE, then reach out to the customers and get them rolling.

I've got zero issues w Standards going out now.....if LE's get mixed in prior to original orders being addressed, then that simply wouldn't be right. Hopefully, they know that.

I'm paying less for my LE than what a Standard is advertised for WITH large backbox, and real PDI, so I'm ok w waiting (not too much longer, I hope....)

#18913 6 years ago

Nope, I was told Friday to pay in full as my game would arrive to CT on Monday. Something happened with custom papers and it’s still at dock instead of on a truck to my house lol. So I figured I would go pick it up from CT on Friday if they can get it to arrive there by then. I didn’t wanna wait till next weekend as I have 3 days off this weekend and would much prefer to have it sooner than later. If CT let’s me know tomorrow they they got the games released and will have them by Friday I will make the trip from Richmond.

You guys rocking the Standards are making me drool...hope you're aware... .....every one that shows, makes my LE one day closer to the gameroom..won't lie...the wait is absolutely agonizing at this point....congrats to the new owners.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,562 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mk6pin. You are on page 3 of 7.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/3?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.