DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

528 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jonesjb. You are on page 3 of 3.
#22741 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

While I’m sure there are a couple of people that fit your description, I would say the majority do not. I had a deposit on an LE and most of the other owners I’ve spoken with did as well. There are even a few that were paid in full and then purchased the machine after the shutdown (effectively paying double).

I'd say that about 20% of the 100-200 pins sold were were bought by people on Pinside or had a separate preorder. Also, I understand that many (not all) of these people bought from the secondary market, meaning they were sold to someone not in on the preorder, who jumped into the queue and just resold (potentially pumping for profit).

#22744 5 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Shit

Shit

Shit. Nope paid in full via wire transfer in March 2017. Any possible recourse for me? Anyone know how many games got produced? Any retailers have them for sale?

Did you pay direct or cointaker?

1 month later
#23012 5 years ago

What are the Pinball Brothers up to currently?

#23015 5 years ago

I care. That's why I asked the question. I'm curious what they've done with the IP and are trying to parlay into some new venture.

#23019 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That's not going to happen. They loaded up all HP assets of value and drove them over to Pinball Brothers World Headquaters. They have since sold those for a profit and they are retired from pinball manufacturing. Don't expect to even see a postcard from them.

Thanks for clarifying. Good to know!

3 months later
#23585 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It literally blows away every other pinball machine out there.

Well that’s literarily just not true.

#23588 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep, there’s a huge team of people tackling the code right now.
They got ‘em working in shifts!

Next release will be out by the Texas Pinball Festival?

#23593 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It actually is true. Get yourself one.

You’re using ‘literally’ wrong.

I acknowledge my spelling of ‘literally’ in my earlier post had a typo.

#23595 5 years ago

But seriously. I played Alien twice, and agree that the sound audio (and lots other aspects like the rules, scoring, etc) is exceptional. I was in on one with a preorder, but as you can see I only own a Shadow, and no Alien... so we know how that turned out

2 weeks later
#23632 5 years ago

This news article made me think of Alien.

https://apple.news/AFB4aIFbpR02Y-NFqsD0geg

3 weeks later
#23731 5 years ago

Are these playing relatively trouble free?

4 weeks later
#23793 5 years ago

Alien upkeep looks like it’s more of a headache than Stern and Bally Williams. Is this the case?

5 months later
#24800 4 years ago

Is it true that this is being remade?

#24802 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Rumors, speculation, and wishful thinking without a single ounce of proof. NO PROOF AT ALL.
Do not hold your breath. Save up $13.5K, and buy the one FS right now if you want one.

I already have the money; I also previously prepaid a deposit. Didn’t get my agreed number 149. I will not pay an inflated price, so I’m now out until a new, more reliable version is (possibly) remade. If this doesn’t happen, I won’t own an Alien, and won’t lose any sleep.

It is a fun pin though, so I’m happy those who have one are fortunate to be able to enjoy the game.

#24804 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Then its not for you. Stop asking if unfounded rumors are suddenly true so you can land a cheaper game.

Nah, I’m still asking.

1 week later
#24935 4 years ago

The new Jurassic Park Loos pretty good, nice to see another toy that eats the ball!

2 weeks later
#25065 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So I used Novus on the plastic piece, no go. But somehow, and I have no idea how, these two hazy circles showed up on my playfield! I tried waxing, nothing works. Any suggestions, you guys were right should have just left those stupid small scratches alone[quoted image]

Aw man that sucks. I’m sorry man. It’s definitely noticeable, but maybe in time it will fade? Or at least in a dark environment you won’t see it.

#25069 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mirco said it’s not a big deal and can be polished out I just don’t want to do it because I already caused the issue and I’m just not good with that kind of thing

As long as it’s not a big deal to you, that’s all that matters.

#25075 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yes, for Mirco its no big deal, for you and me, its a big deal. There are pinsiders on here who have done it and say its a bitch

This, @oneangrymo. It does seem like a big deal to you. Of course it will be no big deal to Mirco.

It’s almost like you are trying to talk yourself into it not being an issue to you. Me personally, I wouldn’t buy a pin used if I saw that on the play field, so it may affect the resell value. But if you will be keeping it and it genuinely doesn’t bother you, then just accept it.

If it really does bother you, have it fixed professionally. Good luck!

#25128 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Awesome!
Welcome to the best Pinball game out there

I wonder what Jurassic Park premium will have to say about that?

#25162 4 years ago

I was in on an Alien with a preorder, played the game a few times, and really loved it. The layout, the multiple ways to approach the game, the immersion. I liked the Alien theme, but theme wasn't even the main draw. I've done my time in this thread, and consider myself a part of this community, even if I never got my Alien, so with that...

I recently got a chance to play the new Stern Jurassic Park, and while the layout is definitely different, JP2 has a very similar feel to the flow of Alien, almost like a spiritual successor... If Alien was condensed into a narrow body. Some shots echo one another, like the control room/"1" alien shot, or the ramp/loops. If you were hoping to get an Alien but couldn't, I recommend checking out the new Stern Jurassic Park to see if it will fill your fix. Has anyone else gotten a chance to play both, what do you think?

#25167 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm in on JP too. Looks great.

Premium, LE, or pro?

#25191 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think pinball ownership has given me a degree of anxiety, lack of sleep and depression. I think Im going to slowly get out, starting with pins that I do not feel "satisfying shots".

Why is that??

1 week later
#25274 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have a feeling eventually all Alien owners are going to witness problems with their play fields. Whether its swirls, haziness, scratches etc. Mirco said to me "alien play-field is a bad design". Take it for whatever it means.
I did the same thing, I bought a plastic display cover for future and another playfield. I will wait 10 years depending on condition then do a playfield swap. If Im still alive in 10 years. My haunted Alien may kill me before then.

A bad design?

#25280 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Wasn't my Alien. Turned up at the show and the amp had broke. Both flipper pawls exploded during the weekend, this is whats being fixed in the video. A really nice game bu the flippes are too dark on this one (black bats & rubbers on a black background)

Man playing this game is so much fun, but it seems like each plunge is a lottery shoot of "will this next game break my pin".

1 month later
#25463 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Pinball brothers. Alien, but in standard body. Supposedly.

Even better.

7 months later
#26660 3 years ago

This game was so much fun. Shame such few were made. Fortunately I was able to play it a few times. My Alien money is now going to Rick and Morty.

3 weeks later
#26742 3 years ago

Man this pin seems like a lot of work. I was in on a preorder with Heighway, never received one but like to check in to see what's happening in the community. It sees like there are always repairs going on with this thing. Is that the case? Such a fun game though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

528 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jonesjb. You are on page 3 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/3?tu=jonesjb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.