pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 398 of 601.
#19851 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If they keep this up. (bad word of mouth, bad service, bad QC, bad communication, etc) They will make less than 100 machines and fold!
And. yes, they only have themselves to blame. They could have hit it out of the park with very little effort! Shame.

I am not quite sure why you have been so negative on the project for so long Ted??? You seem to really like the theme but have bashed on it forever.

It is esp odd to me since things finally appear to be heading in a positive direction.

I mean all evidence currently:
New games are going out with largely minor issues (we of course hear about the ones that have issues but that seems to be the exception)
Previous Andrew prototype people are getting communication and options to get their games up to snuff
Code is getting polished and sounds like even better
Lots of new owners sound VERY happy with the game and excited.
Games from new batches I have seen on route appear to be improved and holding up well in high traffic locations
Some people have gotten refunds (I agree that ALL need to be refunded, but some is better that we were just a few months ago).

These things may not be happening quick enough for you, but they are a much better trajectory recently...

#19852 6 years ago

I just got off the phone with Helmut at Heighway pinball and was very helpful in troubleshooting 2 issues I have with my Alien pinball machine.

1st issues is the Air lock. He is sending me a replacement part next week with a cliffy protector and a new revised vuk assembly which will resolve the issue of the ball not kicking out properly and hitting the edge of the scoop, possibly damaging the playfield. Sound like games going forward will have the new kickout vuk.

2nd issue is with the Xenomorph, tongue moving forward on its own during game play and getting stuck against on the inside of the Xenomorphs mouth making it non functional. He ran down a few things to look for, loose nuts holding nylon casing, improper switch alignment, improper switch bend and adjustments with pot on servo motor board. As for this, I made a few adjustment and played a game and for the first time Xenomorph worked fine. Again this was only one game, so going to play test it a lot tonight and continue to tweak. He stated that if the Xenomorph issue continues he would replace the whole Xenomorph. I'm happy to work with the one I have until I am forced to replace.

Helmut was great to talk too. We set up a time for him to call and the phone rang right at the appointment time. Helmut was very helpful and great to talk to.

The thing is, is that most of these issues I have with my game could have easily been caused by shipping. I ship a lot of new games and have seen this happen. They need to use better lock tight on bolts and also hot glue on the servo motor pot at factory once Xenomorph is dialed into its proper setting.

Cheers to Helmut and Heighway Pinball for helping resolve my issues. I look forward to the replacement parts and I look forward to seeing more Aliens out in the wild or being delivered to home.

Kick Ass Game

GAP

#19853 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They will make less than 100 machines and fold!

They've already made more than 100 Alien machines, just FYI.

#19854 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

but people who paid much, much earlier, years ago in fact, are not being made whole at all and there doesn't appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel for them.

This is the most frustrating thing of all, next to HP employees who still haven't been paid. It's all absurd. I really don't know how the majority of preorder customers didn't ask for refunds back in May 2017, when everything went to shit & the truth came to light. I think those with just $1500 deposits down were willing to gamble on the future, but I think customers who were paid in full at that time ran for the exits. At least I know I did, and I consider myself fortunate. And I think HP underestimated the number of refunds they were going to pay out, and that really screwed up their plans. Raising prices to get customers to stay in was a miscalculation, and many said yeah no thanks I'm still out. They communicated & made some refunds at first, until they blew through those new investment funds. The communications slowed, refunds slowed to a trickle, and here we are today. Just games trickling out the door to new money buyers. History repeating itself.

This may sound like a hard truth, but as far as their list of priorities go, making preorder customers whole is likely dead last. HP perfectly content to just string you guys along, with no promises or updates. That really sucks for all you guys still hanging in there. It's all about getting new money now, keeping the doors open & getting back in the black for the foreseeable future. I'd be shocked if anyone with just a deposit down saw their game in 2018. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

Quoted from Hazoff:

Its such a shame because I really wanted an Alien pin just lost interest now.

Quoted from Ive:

There is little interest now in Alien on the UK scene. Which is frankly ridiculous but they can only blame themselves.

Ditto. Lost all interest in Alien & HP. In fact, the whole ordeal soured my enthusiasm for all new pinball titles in general. Just don't want to pay these insane prices for new machines, from any company for that matter. It all was a real eye opener for me. And with attitudes like this in the pinball community, HP's road to success is littered with even more potholes. Unless they find additional investors, IDK how they can make it work. If someone wants to buy, there's just too many safer & wide variety of purchase options these days. A lot has changed since 2015.

#19855 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This is the most frustrating thing of all, next to HP employees who still haven't been paid. It's all absurd. I really don't know how the majority of preorder customers didn't ask for refunds back in May 2017, when everything went to shit & the truth came to light. I think those with just $1500 deposits down were willing to gamble on the future, but I think customers who were paid in full at that time ran for the exits. At least I know I did, and I consider myself fortunate. And I think HP underestimated the number of refunds they were going to pay out, and that really screwed up their plans. Raising prices to get customers to stay in was a miscalculation, and many said yeah no thanks I'm still out. They communicated & made some refunds at first, until they blew through those new investment funds. The communications slowed, refunds slowed to a trickle, and here we are today. Just games trickling out the door to new money buyers. History repeating itself.
This may sound like a hard truth, but as far as their list of priorities go, making preorder customers whole is likely dead last. HP perfectly content to just string you guys along, with no promises or updates. That really sucks for all you guys still hanging in there. It's all about getting new money now, keeping the doors open & getting back in the black for the foreseeable future. I'd be shocked if anyone with just a deposit down saw their game in 2018. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

Ditto. Lost all interest in Alien & HP. In fact, the whole ordeal soured my enthusiasm for all new pinball titles in general. Just don't want to pay these insane prices for new machines, from any company for that matter. It all was a real eye opener for me. And with attitudes like this in the pinball community, HP's road to success is littered with even more potholes. Unless they find additional investors, IDK how they can make it work. If someone wants to buy, there's just too many safer & wide variety of purchase options these days. A lot has changed since 2015.

And Alien is a sure fire license. You have to work to screw it up, which that may have happened. I hope not though...

#19856 6 years ago

Helmut is the man- has been there for a while, is name should be toHellandbackMut

#19857 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

things finally appear to be heading in a positive direction

I hope im wrong, but you sound like the band playing while the Titanic is going down...

#19858 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I hope im wrong, but you sound like the band playing while the Titanic is going down...

I guess it's positive that this Helmut guy answers the phone once in a while. Funny that no other company gets bonus points for answering their phones though.

#19859 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I guess it's positive that this Helmut guy answers the phone once in a while. Funny that no other company gets bonus points for answering their phones though.

To be fair, JJP owners often mention how thrilled they are when Jack answers his phone.

#19860 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

To be fair, JJP owners often mention how thrilled they are when Jack answers his phone.

Absolutely, I would be too. The difference is that Jack isn't the only guy there providing customer service.

#19861 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Absolutely, I would be too. The difference is that Jack isn't the only guy there providing customer service.

Pipes - would appreciate if you didn't come here just to hate on Alien as you do it enough on every other thread. Hopefully there is something else you're going to contribute. Thanks

#19862 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pipes - would appreciate if you didn't come here just to hate on Alien as you do it enough on every other thread. Hopefully there is something else you're going to contribute. Thanks

Glad you chimed in. I'd appreciate if we didn't have to hear about Alien from you in every other thread as well. Thanks.

#19863 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Glad you chimed in. I'd appreciate if we didn't have to hear about Alien from you in every other thread as well. Thanks.

pipes - my posts are positive and on point. You're a troll coming into a dedicated Alien thread trying to be negative. Big diff.

As you read this - close your eyes and ask yourself - why am I so annoying? The answer pipes is b/c no one likes you. Thanks

#19864 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

pipes - my posts are positive and on point. You're a troll coming into a dedicated Alien thread trying to be negative. Big diff.
As you read this - close your eyes and ask yourself - why am I so annoying? The answer pipes is b/c no one likes you. Thanks

Reading post after post from you gushing about your perfect experience and bulletproof game as if it's the norm here makes me cringe. You do realize there's people here that wonder if they'll ever get their game or if they'll even see their money from years ago refunded?

#19865 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Reading post after post from you gushing about your perfect experience and bulletproof game as if it's the norm here makes me cringe. You do realize there's people here that wonder if they'll ever get their game or if they'll even see their money from years ago refunded?

Ive said it numerous times and many here have agreed as well as even he said he will take his talk to the other thread as it got real annoying, but its obvious he is loving the attention he gets here, which is what its all about for him. Wish I got a game I just paid for over others who've waited years and then spend every moment I have rubbing it in others faces and then preach to others still waiting that the same people who screwed them over and stole money, that the machine they paid for and haven't gotten...is great and amazing and let me show you mine and then tell you how great it is. Even though hes only spent a month of his time in this whole situation before he decided (as he wasnt sure for a while there) and dropped the cash and got a game that very shipload and decides thats enough to be able to chime in and preach to us who been in longer that we should wait and blah blah blah. He will downvote and say he doesnt care what I say and that I am annoying and all that and carry on per usual, but it doesnt matter as those of us know what hes doing and find it distasteful. I have not been the only one who has saw this and voiced it. This wouldnt be said or complained about if the same situation happened from others like MK or those of us that have been at this longer and got a game, that would be well deserved and we would have no problems with it. But jumping on board last second like that, especially after being unsure of it at first unlike the rest of us who've been devoted day 1, and getting a game before refunds or others got theirs and carrying on like he does, does not sit well for some of us.

#19866 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well we asked that we would appreciate you taking your talk to the other thread but look where that got us? We would've appreciated you jumping on board this whole train at the beginning like the rest of us before chiming in on your experience, but instead we got someone who got extremely lucky and last minute preaching to us daily instead of just playing and enjoying the pin you luckily got. The others who've also received their pins, do not seem to live on here every minute of every day making sure to rub it in our wounds. They posted their experience, their unboxing, their problems and then shut up and have been playing their game and enjoying it like you say you do, but do not spend every waking hour on here talking down. You seem to love the attention you get on here rather than spending your time playing your pin. Kinda taking it for granted dont you think? As we still dont have our games and am 100% sure if we got a pin like you did, we would be playing it instead of spending our time on here talking about it and preaching to others who've been wronged and still dont have 1, how great new Heighway is. Thats where its distasteful, you got lucky, you got your pin and posted your unboxing (which we had no problem with and encouraged), and posted the problems you had. But you should have respectfully backed off after that out of respect for others who've not yet got that lucky, and just enjoyed your pin. But everyday you're on here instead of playing it, which we all would give our right testicle to do, that you are taking for granted and rubbing our noses in it.

#19867 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Well we asked that we would appreciate you taking your talk to the other thread but look where that got us? We would've appreciated you jumping on board this whole train at the beginning like the rest of us before chiming in on your experience, but instead we got someone who got extremely lucky and last minute preaching to us daily instead of just playing and enjoying the pin you luckily got. The others who've also received their pins, do not seem to live on here every minute of every day making sure to rub it in our wounds. They posted their experience, their unboxing, their problems and then shut up and have been playing their game and enjoying it like you say you do, but do not spend every waking hour on here talking down. You seem to love the attention you get on here rather than spending your time playing your pin. Kinda taking it for granted dont you think? As we still dont have our games and am 100% sure if we got a pin like you did, we would be playing it instead of spending our time on here talking about it and preaching to others who've been wronged and still dont have 1, how great new Heighway is. Thats where its distasteful, you got lucky, you got your pin and posted your unboxing (which we had no problem with and encouraged), and posted the problems you had. But you should have respectfully backed off after that out of respect for others who've not yet got that lucky, and just enjoyed your pin. But everyday you're on here instead of playing it, which we all would give our right testicle to do, that you are taking for granted and rubbing our noses in it.

No downvotes from me Hawk. I just ask that you see what's going on - someone like pipes and what appears to be his crew (another canadian who loves putting the game down, green hornet, who no one likes and alpha"jerk" well - I'll just stop there) - these guys are nothing but toxic for a game that needs as much support as it can get. Pipes is like the Canadian Putin and you're playing right into his hand.

I'm someone that has been absolutely blown away by this game and I'm trying to help out as much as possible b/c others should know how good it is. Without real owners like myself talking about it there is so much negativity that it could easily be overlooked and that would be a shame.

It sounds like you're someone that loves Aliens and I understand you're bitter about not having it but I suggest we unite as Alien supporters as opposed to bringing each other down. If you're ever in Pittsburgh, you're welcome to visit and play!

#19868 6 years ago

I have been telling pinsiders how much I love aliens and from what I can tell from that last small batch that ct recieved a few weeks ago,the games and quality has been getting much better and I did not have any trouble with my nib alien,just a small shooter lane adj and that is it,what can I say.

#19869 6 years ago

Pretty sleuthy delt. I just let Canada know our cover has been blown. Not sure how you figured out my code name was Putin either.

Your posts stand out to me above all others for two reasons. Firstly, I love hearing about your bulletproof Alien game in all of the Houdini threads. Very on point as you like to say. Secondly, your posts here come across as though you are bragging. You hear of someone that reported a problem with their game and your response is to post pictures of your perfect playfield....very helpful I'm sure. I'm glad you and some others are enjoying your games and were fortunate not to get screwed. I wish that was the case for everyone here. It would be nice if you showed a little more consideration for the majority of people that are not nearly as lucky as you. There's a way of sharing your positive experiences without making it sound like propaganda and without rubbing everyone's face in it.

I've read through this thread as everthing has been unfolding and your posts genuinely make me cringe at times. I'm not saying that to be spiteful. It's an honest observation.

Anyways, that's all I have to say on the matter. No need to continue this. I'll let this thread get back on its rails.

#19871 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Pretty sleuthy delt. I just let Canada know our cover has been blown. Not sure how you figured out my code name was Putin either.
Your posts stand out to me above all others for two reasons. Firstly, I love hearing about your bulletproof Alien game in all of the Houdini threads. Very on point as you like to say. Secondly, your posts here come across as though you are bragging. You hear of someone that reported a problem with their game and your response is to post pictures of your perfect playfield....very helpful I'm sure. I'm glad you and some others are enjoying your games and were fortunate not to get screwed. I wish that was the case for everyone here. It would be nice if you showed a little more consideration for the majority of people that are not nearly as lucky as you. There's a way of sharing your positive experiences without making it sound like propaganda and without rubbing everyone's face in it.
I've read through this thread as everthing has been unfolding and your posts genuinely make me cringe at times. I'm not saying that to be spiteful. It's an honest observation.
Anyways, that's all I have to say on the matter. No need to continue this. I'll let this thread get back on its rails.

Pipes - I'll respect that you'll stop so I'll drop it. I'm not sure though you understanding the intent of my posts. The attached pics were to stop people from getting discouraged that one random guy who played an aliens (it wasn't his!) in a bar and said it looked like it aged 30 years. For a game that very few own, as a new buyer I might say wow - maybe all Aliens are like that. My post was to explain that's not the case. It's not to show others I have the game - that doesn't even make sense. Again I'll respectfully drop this as well.

#19872 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have been telling pinsiders how much I love aliens and from what I can tell from that last small batch that ct recieved a few weeks ago,the games and quality has been getting much better and I did not have any trouble with my nib alien,just a small shooter lane adj and that is it,what can I say.

good to hear. That is my impression... much less issues based on lack of complaints from the most recent batch.

We are somewhere over 100 games now and I think that the first 20 prototype (Andrew era) games had issues in some way (mainly light boards and xeno), the next batch (new investor games) had improvements but still some issues, the next batch was just minor stuff and the past 2? batches (these seems to be going out as 20 a time?) have been majority problem free or just minor shipping related adjustments.

#19873 6 years ago

we all want an issue free NIB Alien, and I think we all want Alien and Heighway to prosper but Delt you have to remember you got ur game before a lot of people who have been in for 3 plus years or who cannot get a response for their refund request and that creates alot of negativity, Alien threads are far away still from being mostly positive just the way it is. I appreciate you scored this pin and that you love the game and I'm envious of you for that fact, but so many are in a state of disrepair over this shit storm just keep that in mind. I can't wait till I can phone Nitro with confidence and say "I'll take a SE loaded please" I'm hoping this coming Xmas is my time.

dvd_alien (resized).jpgdvd_alien (resized).jpg

#19874 6 years ago

In reaction to the hate for delt31 I can say the following: I am waiting for this game since november 2015 (fully paid) and I for one am glad that somebody that owns the game shares his experiences with it. Also the fact that other new owners do this I like, because I see that the quality of the game is steadily growing better.

If all we read about is the negative stuff, I am sure that I can forget about ever getting my machine as the current owners of HP will not be able to sustain putting money in the company when there is no expectation of new orders. Also they are in a pinch , because Alien has gotten so much negativity that it will maybe never be the seller it should be, and they cannot announce a new machine because everybody here will then crucify them for not delivering all the owed Aliens first. So what can they do ??

I sure as hell do not want to lose my money, but I get that HP is a business and a business has to get money from selling stuff. If the biggest pinball community is not allowing positive feedback on their product and also is not allowing the company to move forward with new products that do not have the burden of the negative publicity, what will happen then ? I sure hope they can get all the machines delivered and move on and if the positive input of people here can lead to that I am all for it.

This does not mean I agree with how HP is handling the business right now and I would do things quite differently, but I can imagine how they feel. I just hope they do not give up as I think that Alien is a great pinball machine.

#19875 6 years ago

If you own the game and want to talk about it in the official thread, then talk about it. If that makes people mad then let them be mad, you don't have to read this stupid thread if you don't want to. It's almost 400 pages, and most of it is worthless now anyways, just move on, if there's big news it will spread.

If you're going around posting in other threads about how you wouldn't buy an Alien then you don't have any ground to stand on to come in here and tell someone else to stop talking about their game.

I swear, this whole situation is so dumb already, let's not make it worse.

#19876 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you own the game and want to talk about it in the official thread, then talk about it. If that makes people mad then let them be mad, you don't have to read this stupid thread if you don't want to. It's almost 400 pages, and most of it is worthless now anyways, just move on, if there's big news it will spread.
If you're going around posting in other threads about how you wouldn't buy an Alien then you don't have any ground to stand on to come in here and tell someone else to stop talking about their game.

Speaking of other pins... Total Nuclear Annihilation is looking very fun too!

#19877 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Probably the best sentence to be used here in awhile, but I might have chosen a different word than "dumb"...

The irony here, is none of us can actually make it better or worse...it's just going to happen..regardless.

I see validity on all angles that are being discussed, but ultimately matters zero.

#19878 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Speaking of other pins... Total Nuclear Annihilation is looking very fun too!

I expect mine to ship next week. Now that's a game I'm excited for, from a company who's commitment to service I have zero worries over.

#19879 6 years ago

I think the time is ripe for Heighway to make a State of the Union speech. People are edgy and it's understandable how doubt and negativity can creep into a vacuum. Continued silence with minimal action will only incite more of that.

The new owners, not their representatives, need to be at the Texas show IMO. Does anyone know if they will be?

#19880 6 years ago

I got an excellent support from Helmut (the friendly German support guy @ heighway) aswell. He promised to send some parts last Monday and they arrived last Friday. We planed a support-call for Friday and he was calling just in time. He helped me with some issues and promised to send the missing shaker next week. So there´s no reason why I shouldn´t trust him in this situation. He didn´t break a promise and really took care in my case.

By the way my LE is working 98% now. There are no real issues left in the gameplay. The eggs still need a little more adjustment. But I am really confident to get these last 2% fixed pretty soon.

My protector has arrived last week. So putting it on the pf will be the next thing to do...

#19881 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I think the time is ripe... People are edgy and it's understandable how doubt and negativity can creep into a vacuum. Continued silence with minimal action will only incite more of that.

the latest word out of Wales ...

wales02 (resized).jpgwales02 (resized).jpg

#19882 6 years ago

Some people just want to see others fail.

#19883 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the latest word out of Wales ...

greenhornet have you played Alien yet?

#19884 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

greenhornet have you played Alien yet?

Leave him alone...he's getting mean....

#19885 6 years ago

I haven't had much to say lately, but I finally got a chance to play Alien at a local arcade.

I have to say, after one game, all is forgiven. I put down a deposit almost exactly a year ago, and paid in full a few months back when Melissa called to say that the LEs (including mine) would be delivered within 30 days. I wasn't a math major, but I'm pretty sure it's been longer than that.

I've been a bit nervous, sure, but my hopefulness and excitement were greater than my apprehension. I stayed in quietly, and played a lot of AFMr, which I ordered long after I ordered Alien, and which I have been enjoying for months.

Gotta say, and this is just me: I think it's gonna be worth the wait. I think the SE is beautiful, and with the topper, shaker and illuminated blades, the LE is going to be a great complement to my AFMr. The play feels a bit leisurely compared to my lightning-fast Attack, and the theme integration is absolutely stunning. I don't even care for wide-bodies normally, but since this is a dream theme for me, I took a chance, and it sure looks like they got it right. I can't wait to play this in a dark room with no other sound going on!

I know this is no news to those of you lucky enough to have your games, or to even have one nearby, it just seemed like a good time to share some low-key enthusiasm for the whole adventure.

2018-01-29 14.25.25 (resized).jpg2018-01-29 14.25.25 (resized).jpg

#19886 6 years ago

This Week in Pinball posted up today and I found this bit of Heighway news encouraging. I mean, talk is cheap, but it would seem they have refocused on the priorities needed to show good faith. Maybe I'm easily swayed, but I'm now leaning slightly optimistic (again) for you guys.

What a roller coaster ride as just last week I was ready to write them off. Now let's hope they follow through on this and everyone will begin seeing some positive results.

"Heighway Pinball Update and Timeline for Game #3

Initially, Heighway Pinball was planning to announce game #3 at the Texas Pinball Festival in March. With the challenge of building and shipping Alien pinball machines, they have decided to delay that announcement until a later date. This Week in Pinball reached out to Heighway Pinball to ask about the timeline for game #3, and received the response below:

“Things are progressing, but it is a tough task turning this around as everybody would imagine. We are getting there, but it takes more time than anybody involved wants. Most important is that all pre-order customers get their game though and also that we improve the technical support to have all machines in the wild up and running flawlessly. Due to the fact that these 7 months (or so) has proven to be a lot harder than we hoped for, we have decided to push the launch of game #3 further ahead to focus 100% on the current games and the production of them (mainly Alien of course). It is the only sensible and responsible thing to do during these circumstances. The launch of game #3 will take place at a later time, exactly when is not decided yet. But it surely is looking very good and we are all extremely excited about it whenever it happens.”

http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-oktoberfest-pinball-podcast-interviews-eric-meunier-dave-sanders-charlie-emery/

#19887 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This Week in Pinball posted up today and I found this bit of Heighway news encouraging. I mean, talk is cheap, but it would seem they have refocused on the priorities needed to show good faith. Maybe I'm easily swayed, but I'm now leaning slightly optimistic again for you guys.
What a roller coaster ride as just last week I was ready to write them off. Now let's hope they follow through on this and everyone will begin seeing some positive results.
Initially, Heighway Pinball was planning to announce game #3 at the Texas Pinball Festival in March. With the challenge of building and shipping Alien pinball machines, they have decided to delay that announcement until a later date. This Week in Pinball reached out to Heighway Pinball to ask about the timeline for game #3, and received the response below:
“Things are progressing, but it is a tough task turning this around as everybody would imagine. We are getting there, but it takes more time than anybody involved wants. Most important is that all pre-order customers get their game though and also that we improve the technical support to have all machines in the wild up and running flawlessly. Due to the fact that these 7 months (or so) has proven to be a lot harder than we hoped for, we have decided to push the launch of game #3 further ahead to focus 100% on the current games and the production of them (mainly Alien of course). It is the only sensible and responsible thing to do during these circumstances. The launch of game #3 will take place at a later time, exactly when is not decided yet. But it surely is looking very good and we are all extremely excited about it whenever it happens.”
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-oktoberfest-pinball-podcast-interviews-eric-meunier-dave-sanders-charlie-emery/

Yeah...they said the right thing, now hopefully they can actually follow through.

#19888 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This Week in Pinball posted up today and I found this bit of Heighway news encouraging. I mean, talk is cheap, but it would seem they have refocused on the priorities needed to show good faith. Maybe I'm easily swayed, but I'm now leaning slightly optimistic (again) for you guys.

That is good news.

#19889 6 years ago

Likely the right decision for game 3, as well as Alien. I suspect it could use a bit more time, given that we now know Barry has departed to Deeproot.

#19890 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Good news indeed!!! The wait continues....

#19891 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sounds like HW was reading this thread before they came to that decision, good to hear. Would be great to hear more news, good or bad, but who knows when that'll be. Anyone heard of another shipment of Aliens shipping? Has there not been a full container since December?

I saw a few people mention Cointaker asked them to pay up in full for LE games a month or two ago, how many of you where contacted and what was said? I haven't heard from Melissa in months but after a bunch of issues last year she said I would have the first LE they got lol

#19892 6 years ago

It certainly is good Public Relations news ....and it's especially welcomed after months of rude silence.

Astropin summarized it best for me.

Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah...they said the right thing, now hopefully they can actually follow through.

#19893 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I saw a few people mention Cointaker asked them to pay up in full for LE games a month or two ago, how many of you where contacted and what was said? I haven't heard from Melissa in months but after a bunch of issues last year she said I would have the first LE they got lol

Could be wrong, but this is the only one I remember and it was only 2 weeks ago. Would certainly be curious to hear if he's gotten that call yet or if anyone else has heard anything similar from CT though.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I emailed them for an update they said they are going to call in 1-2 weeks for rest of payment then machines will be shipped in about 35 days

#19894 6 years ago

Thought I’d chime in here Helmet sent me out the new redesigned scoop for the airlock even though mine was working 97% of the time. Also included a cliffy protector for the scoop. A new face hugger the tail broke off one of mine first day it was clearly glue on and some spare lightbulbs. I had one bulb that was making all the lights after it in that row go haywire. So far so good guys the game rocks and customer service is beginning to take hold. Thanks Helmut

89E28593-B1E3-477F-AF12-68A9056BF789 (resized).jpeg89E28593-B1E3-477F-AF12-68A9056BF789 (resized).jpeg

66598989-CC3D-44D4-9102-0C295524CFB8 (resized).jpeg66598989-CC3D-44D4-9102-0C295524CFB8 (resized).jpeg

#19895 6 years ago

Do you think you need to do anything to prep that scoop a little better? It looks rough in there and wondering if that could scratch/pit the balls quickly?

#19896 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Do you think you need to do anything to prep that scoop a little better? It looks rough in there and wondering if that could scratch/pit the balls quickly?

I was thinking the same thing.

#19897 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Send it to Kerry at Mantis - he'll make all of us a good one. And you will get one free!

#19898 6 years ago

This is very interesting timing b/c I also received my package from Helmet today too. My scoop also works majority of the time but happy to receive it (old one needs to be sent back I believe). I also asked them for extra LEDs and sensor switches b/c I never liked how you can't buy them from a website and wanted backups. Those were received today too! They even sent me the alien coin door sticker as mine never had one.

For those that are concerned about not receiving tech support if something breaks or what to do if an LED goes out, this should make you feel a little better. It def isn't overnight but I will tell you that once they put it in the mail, it only took 2 days to get to Pittsburgh from UK. Pretty damn fast. Thanks Helmut

20180207_174824 (resized).jpg20180207_174824 (resized).jpg
20180207_170419 (resized).jpg20180207_170419 (resized).jpg

#19900 6 years ago

glad to see more of us original customers getting parts/support!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 398 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/398?hl=o-from-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.