DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 395 of 601.
#19701 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

He ordered from Cointaker approximately 5 months ago...according to another thread.

We'll that sucks I ordered from Cointaker July of 2016. Still nothin. Complete BS.

#19702 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

We'll that sucks I ordered from Cointaker July of 2016. Still nothin. Complete BS.

I emailed them for an update they said they are going to call in 1-2 weeks for rest of payment then machines will be shipped in about 35 days

#19703 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I emailed them for an update they said they are going to call in 1-2 weeks for rest of payment then machines will be shipped in about 35 days

Thanks for letting me know that. I'll call them tomorrow for sure. Im not taking anything away from you. I'm glad you're getting your game and look forward to hearing about your first and lasting impressions of it. Just a little miffed about the LE priority of shipments and even from the same vendor.

#19704 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well, thanks for the info. Guess it looks like us pre-Cointaker folks are still dangling in the wind.

#19705 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Well, thanks for the info. Guess it looks like us pre-Cointaker folks are still dangling in the wind.

Predator_1 (resized).jpgPredator_1 (resized).jpg

#19706 6 years ago

Blue is out, too much.. Im down to black and green. Decisions..decisions...

#19707 6 years ago

All I know is break out the tools after you unbox your games. Love the game, but holy sh!t - lots of tweaking right out of the box to get it to work correctly - I'm still not 100% there....There is absolutely no way they set this up and tested it...

If you are not comfortable fixing your own games - Then Alien in it's current state probably isn't for you.

#19708 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

All I know is break out the tools after you unbox your games. Love the game, but holy sh!t - lots of tweaking right out of the box to get it to work correctly - I'm still not 100% there....There is absolutely no way they set this up and tested it...
If you are not comfortable fixing your own games - Then Alien in it's current state probably isn't for you.

I'm glad people are stating this. As someone who ordered it in July, I am actually crossing my fingers that mine is one of the later ones shipped out - in hopes that they see the issues with the ones in the wild and address them.

#19709 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I'm glad people are stating this. As someone who ordered it in July, I am actually crossing my fingers that mine is one of the later ones shipped out - in hopes that they see the issues with the ones in the wild and address them.

As someone who ordered well over two years ago, I'm crossing my fingers that i actually get one at all

Yeah that looks right about how many of us feel.

#19710 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I only had to anj the ball shooter to get it to launch perfectly and get a few LEDs to work by playing with connectors and that is it,less than most stern,jjp spooky ect,in my experience

#19711 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I only had to anj the ball shooter to get it to launch perfectly and get a few LEDs to work by playing with connectors and that is it,less than most stern,jjp spooky ect,in my experience

I've had the ball launch, targets blocking zeno mouth (still haven't got this one completely), one switch had to swap connectors, extra parts (I think) laying on the pf, adjust the trough eject and launch power settings, now the scoop isn't detecting balls. I don't even want to put the glass on anymore until it works 100% for a while - it is a total pain to take off.

#19712 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I've had the ball launch, targets blocking zeno mouth (still haven't got this one completely), one switch had to swap connectors, extra parts (I think) laying on the pf, adjust the trough eject and launch power settings, now the scoop isn't detecting balls. I don't even want to put the glass on anymore until it works 100% for a while - it is a total pain to take off.

OMG that many problems??

#19713 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

All I know is break out the tools after you unbox your games.

Ok. I'm ready. Just send me my game already, haha..

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

#19714 6 years ago

Glad to see WeirPinball being this direct and blunt.

Heighway needs to get their shit together or say goodbye to new funds coming in from the majority of us. I'm already eyeballing Houdini and MBr. Both will be at TPF 2018, and I know my wife-to-be and I just want to play and enjoy - NOT have to do that level of work on an $8000 toy. Absolutely sad to see.

I remember the days I so wanted one. Now, not going to lie, pretty much written this one off. Too bad. It looked so promising.

#19715 6 years ago

Hi guys,

I’m almost happy with my Alien . Just a few issues open. However fully playable and I really enjoy the gameplay, sound and lightning. I just add some 5v LEDstripes to support the visibleness.

What I really wondering is the design of the upper right side of the pinball. There are 3 long and very narrow plastics one on the other. I think the design, two plastics seems just white, and they look so different to the rest of the art. Finally I think the have no use and just cover a part the sideart.

Do anyone knows why they are like that

Looking forward to learn more about it.

Have a good start to the day
Greetings from Austria
Markus

B41AEA11-5A3E-4CF4-8AC3-78AC8AA1BBAE (resized).jpegB41AEA11-5A3E-4CF4-8AC3-78AC8AA1BBAE (resized).jpeg

#19716 6 years ago
Quoted from maximum:

....What I really wondering is the design of the upper right side of the pinball. There are 3 long and very narrow plastics one on the other. I think the design, two plastics seems just white, and they look so different to the rest of the art. Finally I think the have no use and just cover a part the sideart.
Do anyone knows why they are like that...
Markus

Those rails are just for decoration. Dave (the designer, who will probably pitch in when he wakes up) added them to offset the design of the ramps.

#19717 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

OMG that many problems??

This thread has been one big troubleshooting thread for the past few months and you're just now realizing this?

I'm in the same camp ad @NPO. I've had funds ready for this pin for quite a long time but I can't get myself to pull the trigger when I see so many new buyers having a myriad of problems. I'm don't have the patience for an $8,000 project.

#19718 6 years ago

I know HW has been upfront about new money/people getting games first and people who have had money in the games for the years will have to wait for new funds, but have Cointaker said this before? Very weird seeing someone who just tossed money down a few weeks/months ago say they are getting a LE from Cointaker when people have had money with them for years. Seems strange for CT

Also HW really does need to step it up. I, and others, thought it was going to be different when the investors took over and posted on here about their goals and how everything would be different. That didn't last long and this is starting to seem like the old HW only with slightly more games shipping out. I think even with their current issues if they were more transparent and communicated more it would make things a lot better. But I guess that doesn't matter if they don't seem to be even testing games before shipping them to customers. I can't believe they are even thinking of game three with the way game two is going.

#19719 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Glad to see WeirPinball being this direct and blunt.
Heighway needs to get their shit together or say goodbye to new funds coming in from the majority of us. I'm already eyeballing Houdini and MBr. Both will be at TPF 2018, and I know my wife-to-be and I just want to play and enjoy - NOT have to do that level of work on an $8000 toy. Absolutely sad to see.
I remember the days I so wanted one. Now, not going to lie, pretty much written this one off. Too bad. It looked so promising.

Quoted from BillySastard:

This thread has been one big troubleshooting thread for the past few months and you're just now realizing this?
I'm in the same camp ad NPO. I've had funds ready for this pin for quite a long time but I can't get myself to pull the trigger when I see so many new buyers having a myriad of problems. I'm don't have the patience for an $8,000 project.

Just remember that Weir's game is not typical. Sure they all have some issues that need tweaking..."most" NIB pins do.

That being said I wouldn't buy one right now either. I'd still be worried about when I would get it!

This game is such a mixed bag. It's the best pinball machine I've ever played but Heighway is certainly not helping themselves the way they have handled this whole thing.

#19720 6 years ago

Played the one at Logan Arcade last night.

Not sure how long it's been there, but I assume a recent batch, as there was bad chipping on the pf around the scoop, and the scoop seemed to be firing it out really hard straight down onto the pf. IMO no playfield would survive it, so definitely a scoop issue, not Mirco's fault.

Operator is crazy not to add a protector or thick mylar / vinyl. It was being kicked out so hard that it'd catch air off the left flipper on a dead flip sometimes.

In contrast to every other HW machine I've played, the flippers had lots of power, but still very light feeling.

Ball was catching tons of air off both flippers. If plastics are still acrylic, and this is an air prone game (not just that one's setup), they *will* get smashed.

Shooter wireform was not touching the glass, though very close.

Played one 15 minute game with no noticeable bugs or malfunctions. Definitely a first for me on a HW machine. Software and hardware do seem more reliable now, as others have reported.

There was 'disco flicker'on this unit, but it was barely noticeable, unlike the example Buffalo streamed.

Audio and visuals are well staged now on the screen, and lag, stutter and ducking issues seem to have been cleared up. It looks and sounds good.

Still don't feel it shoots that well, but this unit the right loop (previously troublesome) was actually pretty smooth. Still think the left inner ramp is problematic, but don't think it's hugely vital in the game? Right halfpipe ramp was pretty easy, and wasn't suffering rejects as with many videos I've seen. There was a LOT of bobble on the left outer ramp and it was tough to get up. Left loop was good.

Mixed bag, but it does appear to have improved a lot.

#19721 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

There was 'disco flicker'on this unit, but it was barely noticeable, unlike the example Buffalo streamed.

That was my game that streamed recently and that flicker has greatly improved with the new code, which came a few weeks after the stream. It's too bad the timing didn't work out better.

#19722 6 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

That was my game that streamed recently and that flicker has greatly improved with the new code, which came a few weeks after the stream. It's too bad the timing didn't work out better.

No idea how badly effected this unit was on prior code, but I might not have noticed it on the new code, if I weren't aware of it.

Hopefully it'll be fully fixed. But it appears not to be a big issue anymore.

#19723 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I think even with their current issues if they were more transparent and communicated more it would make things a lot better.

I hear this sentiment a lot but doubt that it's true.

I suspect that if Heighway (and other struggling manufacturers) were truly transparent and communicated more, people would run for the hills.

From the manufacturer's point of view it's probably better to let people fill in the blanks with their own imagination rather than lie, string them along or confirm their fears. Communication can wait until there is something positive to share.

#19724 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I hear this sentiment a lot but doubt that it's true.
I suspect that if Heighway (and other struggling manufacturers) were truly transparent and communicated more, people would run for the hills.
From the manufacturer's point of view it's probably better to let people fill in the blanks with their own imagination rather than lie, string them along or confirm their fears. Communication can wait until there is something positive to share.

Totally disagree. Companies don't need to be transparent to all the granular details (we shipped out 5 non-working games this week because our main QC guy was out with the shits), but acknowledging faults, generally explaining why they existed, and communicating what will be done to prevent them going forward would help tremendously.

I know there are not a lot of people in on the P3 yet (I have mine and it's pretty awesome) but Gerry was the gold standard for this. He sent out a monthly public update that was reasonably high-level, but gave a general state of Multimorphic. He also sent out a newsletter to people who had pre-paid, or were on the "I intend to buy" list and gave even more details about any delays, production hiccups, process changes, etc. I had my money with Gerry for A LOT of years with that project, and the reason I never worried about it was because I always knew Gerry was shooting straight with me. If Heighway did even 25% of that, people would know where things stand and would feel a lot better.

Well...Unless it exposed that Heighway had no answers as to how to fix things, or if the inevitable direction was down the shitter. Then I guess that might explain why they're being so secretive. Who knows.

#19725 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just remember that Weir's game is not typical. Sure they all have some issues that need tweaking..."most" NIB pins do.

Not typical? For the pretty low number of Alien pins that have shipped, it sure seems like a lot of owners have been on Pinside posting their many fixes or trying to troubleshoot problems. I do realize some have received an Alien and have had just minor issues with them, but to me it seems that buying one now is a crapshoot. Maybe you'll get lucky, but probably not.

#19726 6 years ago

As an outsider looking in, I really hope they can sort out all of these issues and get everyone their games. This is one that I would buy right now if I were confident that the issues had been resolved. Only theme out right now that really speaks to me.

#19727 6 years ago

Not typical? For the pretty low number of Alien pins that have shipped, it sure seems like a lot of owners have been on Pinside posting their many fixes or trying to troubleshoot problems. I do realize some have received an Alien and have had just minor issues with them, but to me it seems that buying one now is a crapshoot. Maybe you'll get lucky, but probably not.

Correct...not typical...his was worse than most. But virtually all of them have required some tweaking. I'd guess that mine was a little better than average and I had to modify my ball launcher to get it to work...some minor tweaks to the Xenomorph and some switch tweaking.

#19728 6 years ago

It seems that with Alien, each game has it's own unique issues most problems seem fairly easy to work out. I have had my Alien for 5 weeks and have been very satisfied overall I feared that it would have major issues that would be difficult to remedy but that was not the case. The first issue I had to deal with was the trough needed adjusted as the balls were getting stuck and not feeding properly. The launch wire form was smacking the glass, I was prepared to deal with this known issue,the bad thing for my game is they must have factory tested with the glass on and my glass had a small mark before I got it. One pop bumper switch needed adjustment and the airlock scoop needed bent up. I also changed out the bulbs in the buttons on the front of the game and coindoor as the original ones fit very loose in their sockets. The game is now playing awesome especially with the new code and was well worth the effort to get it set up just right. In my experience with NIB pins the only game I have purchased that did not need these type of tweeks out of the box was my WOZLE which was just perfect from the start. Alien to me is a kick ass unique game like WOZ just with a better theme and if that is what you are looking for in a pin I would say don't give up on Alien there is a lot of upside to it.

alien 033 (resized).JPGalien 033 (resized).JPG

#19729 6 years ago

I've been told to pick trim color and prepare to send final payment. LEs are coming! I hope my man Mark "MK6Pin" is on this list as well. He deserves it if anyone does.

#19730 6 years ago
Quoted from klinde1:

It seems that with Alien, each game has it's own unique issues most problems seem fairly easy to work out. I have had my Alien for 5 weeks and have been very satisfied overall I feared that it would have major issues that would be difficult to remedy but that was not the case. The first issue I had to deal with was the trough needed adjusted as the balls were getting stuck and not feeding properly. The launch wire form was smacking the glass, I was prepared to deal with this known issue,the bad thing for my game is they must have factory tested with the glass on and my glass had a small mark before I got it. One pop bumper switch needed adjustment and the airlock scoop needed bent up. I also changed out the bulbs in the buttons on the front of the game and coindoor as the original ones fit very loose in their sockets. The game is now playing awesome especially with the new code and was well worth the effort to get it set up just right. In my experience with NIB pins the only game I have purchased that did not need these type of tweeks out of the box was my WOZLE which was just perfect from the start. Alien to me is a kick ass unique game like WOZ just with a better theme and if that is what you are looking for in a pin I would say don't give up on Alien there is a lot of upside to it.

What did you do for the glass on the ball launcher?

#19731 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've been told to pick trim color and prepare to send final payment. LEs are coming! I hope my man Mark "MK6Pin" is on this list as well. He deserves it if anyone does.

MK6PIN - when he gets his machine, this entire thread will formally be a win.

For the record, I've owned this machine for months now and I enjoy it each day. People that are holding off b/c they fear it won't work and will receive a broken pinball machine that can't be fixed are missing out. I've mentioned before that if you expect it to be perfect and will be pissed if not, def pass but if you have any experience with fixing pinball and pass, you will be missing out on a great game.

#19732 6 years ago

I really hope the Alien doesn't come soon. My wife finds out another pinball machine she'll probably kick me out of the house. I lied when I got my AFMRLE and told her i won it in a raffle.. oh well.

#19733 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Quoted from delt31:

MK6PIN - when he gets his machine, this entire thread will formally be a win.

Thanks for the props guys....still silent for me, surely, the time is nearing (please!!!)....

#19734 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I really hope the Alien doesn't come soon. My wife finds out another pinball machine she'll probably kick me out of the house. I lied when I got my AFMRLE and told her i won it in a raffle.. oh well.

Too funny!!!!..I've got several "reasonings" I've used in the past, that got me through w the Wife. LMK if you need to borrow one.

Easiest one for this title " I ordered it so long ago, really forgot about it...never thought it would really show up, but here it is!?!?"

#19735 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

how long have you been in. are you new money or old money?

#19736 6 years ago

Recently sent Jay@heighwaypinball (investor) and Morgan a refund request. Received a kickback from Jay’s email that it no longer exist. Anyone know the contact person handling refunds? Morgan has not reaponded either.

#19737 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

how long have you been in. are you new money or old money?

Since July 2016. So not new money, but not the oldest either. I got in early with Cointaker.

#19738 6 years ago

They quit responding to me months ago. Luckily I only have $1500 in the game. Got the rest of my money back. Old money. Very disappointed! I don’t trust these people and would not send them another dime.

#19739 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply...been a while since i’ve checked how things are moving along other than the email update they sent back in November.

Sounds like after reading this thread they’ve gone dark since their update. Email refund requests have been ignored and old money will likely not see a game or return anytime In the near future.

What kind of stance should we be taking by all of those affected? Anyone looked into legal action?

#19740 6 years ago

I’m Old money as well and fully paid since Oct 2016. My responses have also gone cold as well. I agree that we might be the last to get a machine if they stay viable as a company. The drop in any updates/ communication since November is frustrating.

#19741 6 years ago

only drop in on this post from time to time but is more bullshit after more bullshit reading there last fb post they said people would be getting there le in december or would try to do this i see no le shipped and we are now nearly in February now they say send the final payment and choose your color and we will ship in 35 days you must be nuts to send more money you should pay in full when its at coin taker and ready for delivery
are coin taker the only hp distributer i bet most other distributors have ran a mile now
cant understand why cointaker continue to be there distributor it must be a real pain in the ass for them

#19742 6 years ago

Holy shit Punctuation dude, you should try it sometime.

#19743 6 years ago

I email them once a month or so and I still hear from Morgan although sometimes it takes a second email. Last time I communicated with him was 1/18 when we were figuring out what do about with the payment I made for the backbox screen and sounds like it's going to used to get the machine to Cointaker. I am one of the fools who paid in full in 2016 after having a deposit in. I do think I'll get it eventually. In fact I think there's a better chance of me getting it than receiving a refund if that makes any sense which is why I'm still in.

#19744 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

In fact I think there's a better chance of me getting it than receiving a refund if that makes any sense which is why I'm still in.

That's exactly why I'm still in as well. Figured they'd just try to ignore or string me along so honestly if i did decide to request a refund, I'd probably just go straight to my card company if i didn't hear something affirmative from them pretty quickly.

Luckily i was only fool enough to make a second payment in 2016, instead of full, but I'm pretty worried my card company wouldn't help anyway because of the amount of time that's passed.

#19745 6 years ago

The crummy communication is a huge downer. The game is great, and that is the only thing keeping this train on the tracks.

#19746 6 years ago

Has there been any recent indication of new money going in?

#19747 6 years ago

Maybe New HP should call Deeproot for some consulting. Seems they have their shit together over there and are going to make this look easy. Lol.

#19748 6 years ago

Holy shit Punctuation dude, you should try it sometime.

He is most likely on a phone and using speech to text.
That's all

#19749 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Has there been any recent indication of new money going in?

Games still trickling out and no communication, doesn't seem like it. At first I thought they just needed cash for parts/money owed but now I see QC should be getting a lot of $$$ they really need it

#19750 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Maybe New HP should call Deeproot for some consulting. Seems they have their shit together over there and are going to make this look easy. Lol.

What new HP, it's the same investors.
All they have done is used Andrew as their excuse, kicked him out, told everyone now his gone things will get much better and carried on as usual..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 395 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/395?hl=legionsoup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.