zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,030 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 601.
#19651 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

You can see it that way. You have nothing to say to them unless you pay in full so you are nothing to them. I dont know if they care much about the crumb bums and shoe clerks (not all) you are leading here because this thread alone contains tons of hate and defamation against the company. The main stream here says refund in open mouth like baby bird, never buy pin from them and buying experience is agony and frustration (other threads are worse).
I paid in full 2016 to support Andrews great vision and my taxes so I am something to them. Actually due to good contacts and much work some time ago fueled by anger (when Andrew did unhealthy tours in your country with my money) I can just pull the trigger and a bomb (since then in hypersleep chamber) drops in Wales, it would cost me a few minutes and no money. But I dont want that. I dont see a le shipped that was fully paid after mine in Andrews era (we ordered pin in Andrews era, these are completely different orders to post Andrew orders because a man is responsible for his trust, only kids, women and fags blame third parties for their mistakes) and that is not even important. Important is I appreciate the new owners and some loyal staff (I pray for their health) dig that pin out the shithole Andrew left it in and I dont want to disturb that process.
Besides, you are one of the golden boys of Morgan, he gifted you with a christmas dream. I received nothing personal from them since the ashes of Andrew. It hurts but it is ok until they hurt my trust which I feel wont ever happen. I feel they will deliver and I felt it all the time because this pin is dark magic that will succeed (it contains the bones Andrew ripped out of Nordman). I will comment (and donate) here when I have it or comment before when that stoner from California makes subpar comment again (I cant take it any longer) and you will have it also (after me I believe) if you keep your inner shakra intact. Until then.

Uhhhhhhh... What???

#19652 6 years ago

Wait, am I the stoner from California?

#19653 6 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

You remember them. Whitman, Price and Heighway...

Reminds me of a 3 stooges skit. Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.

#19654 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Last seasons winners?

"Last season's losers"

#19655 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Actually I think I would, except I would never pay anything anymore, no matter what the promises or benefits I can get by pre-paying. That goes for all pinball companies by the way. As soon as they have made my game, then they can have the money, not before.

Thats the issue , I and we were told the game was shipping in 2 weeks , been paid in full since sept 2016. Was told by Melissa there would be 45 le's coming in 45 days and I can place a order for one, When I informed her I was already paid in full she replied that she would check on that , have heard nothing since , That was last week. Seems like the new money will be getting games first , I hope I am wrong as I will need heart medication for sure , numb just thinking about it uggggg

#19656 6 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

Thats the issue , I and we were told the game was shipping in 2 weeks , been paid in full since sept 2016. Was told by Melissa there would be 45 le's coming in 45 days and I can place a order for one, When I informed her I was already paid in full she replied that she would check on that , have heard nothing since , That was last week. Seems like the new money will be getting games first , I hope I am wrong as I will need heart medication for sure , numb just thinking about it uggggg

This is what rubberducks was saying 12 months ago but he was slammed on the forum for saying it.

#19657 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

This is what rubberducks was saying 12 months ago but he was slammed on the forum for saying it.

Lots of things were said a while ago and people were slammed here on them....but apparently the same things are being said now by others and people are agreeing now lol.

#19658 6 years ago

So the problem is solved. Big thanks to Stefan R. (RS-Pinball) and Joe S. (Heighway).
We received the Full-update 1.02 (1.8GB) + instructions and now the machine boots flawlessly. After the full-update we installed Update V 1.10. Also with now problems!

But i want to give feedback about 2 "Bugs" or "errors".

If all APC targets are hit you can lock the ball at the "center ramp"
If you lock the ball the game does not give a new ball in shooterlane.
After a few moments the "ball-search" is activated and and releases the ball from lock.
--> We tested all switches and also "center ramp made" switch works

In some situations when the ball is served in the shooterlane. The game counts 6.000 points.
We don't know which switch is responsible for this. Hope we can get a hint.

Big thanks for the awesome and fast support!

#19659 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

In some situations when the ball is served in the shooterlane. The game counts 6.000 points.
Big thanks for the awesome and fast support!

Same problem here as mentioned some threads before. Sometimes it counts 6k or 11k before the ball has launched from the shooter lane. Unfortunetly I´ve got no solution for this issue yet.

#19660 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Same problem here as mentioned some threads before. Sometimes it counts 6k or 11k before the ball has launched from the shooter lane.
Unfortunetly I´ve got no solution for this issue yet.

Hi Olli,
thank you for your answer - thirst I'm glad that Peters "Alien Le" works now....

Did you also have the problem (1) or did your center ramp lock work flawlessly?

IMO that's a bigger "problem", cause it influences the Gameplay much more then the 6K points from shooterlane.

#19661 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

We received the Full-update 1.02 (1.8GB) + instructions and now the machine boots flawlessly. After the full-update we installed Update V 1.10. Also with now problems!

Yay! I'm very happy that we were able to get your machine back on its feet. Apologies for you having problems with the update in the first place. Really wish I knew what happened there.

Quoted from MightyGrave:

If all APC targets are hit you can lock the ball at the "center ramp"
If you lock the ball the game does not give a new ball in shooterlane.
After a few moments the "ball-search" is activated and and releases the ball from lock.

Hypersleep locks are virtual... it's not supposed to give a new ball in the shooter lane. It holds the ball on the ramp for several seconds while it does the audio/visual/lighting fanfare for the lock, and then releases the ball from the ramp. Is the game doing a full ball search (every coil in the machine popping) when you lock balls?

Quoted from MightyGrave:

6,000 points sounds like just a miscellaneous switch, perhaps an inlane or something. If you wish, immediately after this happens, capture a Debug Report and send the resulting pinprog.log file to me at alien <AT> joe.tater.org, and I can probably at least tell you which switch is firing.

Thanks!

#19662 6 years ago

General inquiry for everyone who has updated to v1.1: any further problems with endless multiballs or infinite ball savers? I believe delt31 reported one shortly after the update came out, but that's the only one I heard. Has that repeated for you, Delt, or for anyone else? Everyone's orbit up-posts working properly now? Any other observed bugs with the update?

Thanks!

#19663 6 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

Sadly your money might as well not exist as far as the new owners are concerned. They never saw it. As they said when the previous owner disappeared he left them with an empty bank account. Your money might as well have gone towards renovations on that guy's house (or boat) for all the relevance it has to pinball, and quite possibly did.

People buying now are actually paying money to the new owners. They're receiving that money themselves.

This doesn't help you of course, but to be honest it is fortunate that the new owners are trying to make good existing customers out of their own pocket. They could easily have phoenixed the company leaving you with no hope of getting anything back.

Don't mean to diminish your very genuine gripes at all. I'd feel exactly the same in your shoes. Just saying that unfortunately people who subsidised the previous owner's retirement fund have no leverage now, and will basically have to hope that at some point the new owners altruistically make them whole.

#19664 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yay! I'm very happy that we were able to get your machine back on its feet. Apologies for you having problems with the update in the first place. Really wish I knew what happened there.

We are also happy.

Quoted from Ferret:

Hypersleep locks are virtual... it's not supposed to give a new ball in the shooter lane. It holds the ball on the ramp for several seconds while it does the audio/visual/lighting fanfare for the lock, and then releases the ball from the ramp. Is the game doing a full ball search (every coil in the machine popping) when you lock balls?

If we lock the ball, a video/image is shown for lock and then nothing happens and the machine is doing a full ball search.

Quoted from Ferret:

6,000 points sounds like just a miscellaneous switch, perhaps an inlane or something. If you wish, immediately after this happens, capture a Debug Report and send the resulting pinprog.log file to me at alien <AT> joe.tater.org, and I can probably at least tell you which switch is firing.
Thanks!

We will check the inlanes first. The other swtiches give not 6k. so maybe the inlanes ?!

#19665 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Hi Olli,
thank you for your answer - thirst I'm glad that Peters "Alien Le" works now....
Did you also have the problem (1) or did your center ramp lock work flawlessly?
IMO that's a bigger "problem", cause it influences the Gameplay much more then the 6K points from shooterlane.

I haven´t noticed anything suspicious with the center lock yet. It works fine so far. But I´ve got another myterious behavior: sometimes I can increase the score and destroy alien eggs just pushing the right flipperbutton, even when the ball isn´t on the playfield.

#19666 6 years ago

Is a pop bumper firing? Maybe a leaf switch needs adjusting in the nest?

#19667 6 years ago

Does anyone know approx how many games have actually been received by buyers?

#19668 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

General inquiry for everyone who has updated to v1.1: any further problems with endless multiballs or infinite ball savers? I believe delt31 reported one shortly after the update came out, but that's the only one I heard. Has that repeated for you, Delt, or for anyone else? Everyone's orbit up-posts working properly now? Any other observed bugs with the update?
Thanks!

What's interesting is that I only had 1 endless mb before this and it was the first game I played on the machine. After updating the code it happened again on the first game I played.... Hasn't repeated yet. Coincidence?

#19669 6 years ago
Quoted from Marv:You remember them. Whitman, Price and Heighway...

Probably my favorite Arnold movie....by the way, it must be asked...Is that a hydrofoil?

#19670 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

We will check the inlanes first. The other swtiches give not 6k. so maybe the inlanes ?!

Yeah, it's probably the inductive switch in one of the inlanes/outlanes. The vibration from popping the trough coil may be setting one off.

That is also consistent with the points awarded.

#19671 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Sadly your money might as well not exist as far as the new owners are concerned. They never saw it.

Are you implying that "New HP" thought they were buying a healthy company flush with cash?

Obviously in the deal there would be a line item under liabilities, about how many games have been pre-sold. That's the deal and they knew what they were getting. New guys would absolutely have had some understanding of what it was going to take to dig out.

If things have gone south since then, it's because of NEW mounting expenses and new money not coming in quick enough.

#19672 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Any other observed bugs with the update?

Ferret, you are truly the best thing about this Thread and company!

#19673 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If things have gone south since then, it's because of NEW mounting expenses and new money not coming in quick enough.

Killing the UK market won't have helped.

#19674 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks!

Up posts work fine now I have not had any endless multiballs since update. Have not noticed any major bugs that really stand out but as we get more play on it we will let you know if any surface. The game is awesome.l

#19675 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

We are also happy.

If we lock the ball, a video/image is shown for lock and then nothing happens and the machine is doing a full ball search.

To resolve your hypersleep issue, look to the hypersleep lock mechanism. Try pushing it up and then let go and it should snap back in place. If it sticks or hesitates for a few seconds or more, you have confirmed your issue. Remove and reposition coil, ensuring it is aligned and moves smoothly. Try adding washers under nearby screws, if any are causing tension. Otherwise you can go in test menu for coils and test hypersleep lock. It should pop up and fall down if properly aligned. Give it a go and report back.

#19676 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks!

Quoted from klinde1:

Up posts work fine now I have not had any endless multiballs since update. Have not noticed any major bugs that really stand out but as we get more play on it we will let you know if any surface. The game is awesome.l

Ditto...all appears to be working properly. Zero endless multiballs here so far and up posts are working great.

#19677 6 years ago

Quick Question. Has anyone been able to get in contact with HP? They are not responding to any of my texts about the status of my game. Are they still in business? Fortunately I do not have a lot of money on deposit. At this point I have requested a refund of my $1,500. (like that's going to happen) The entire process has been really frustrating and disappointing. Such a bummer.

#19678 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick Question. Has anyone been able to get in contact with HP? They are not responding to any of my texts about the status of my game. Are they still in business? Fortunately I do not have a lot of money on deposit. At this point I have requested a refund of my $1,500. (like that's going to happen) The entire process has been really frustrating and disappointing. Such a bummer.

Isn't there a password we need to include in the email subject line to have it read and receive a response? Does anyone know what the most recent word for Jan 2018 is, or is it still the same as December?

#19679 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Isn't there a password we need to include in the email subject line to have it read and receive a response? Does anyone know what the most recent word for Jan 2018 is, or is it still the same as December?

If they told ya they'd have to kill ya. But if you do find it, please pm

#19680 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's "IHAVENEWMONEY"

#19681 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Yep. Buried so deep in the thread at this point, but this is true.

#19682 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Are you implying that "New HP" thought they were buying a healthy company flush with cash?
Obviously in the deal there would be a line item under liabilities, about how many games have been pre-sold. That's the deal and they knew what they were getting. New guys would absolutely have had some understanding of what it was going to take to dig out.

The former obviously isn't true, but neither is the latter.

They should have realised what and who they were dealing with, but it was much worse than they or most here feared. They were far, far too optimistic and should have realised that things would be much worse than the picture presented to them [which they were already highly sceptical of].

Hence why it has taken 7+ months of additional testing and development to hardware and software to get the game to what might now, finally, be considered pretty production ready. The latest lot of machines seem to have tolerable amounts of snagging for customers to do even if they aren't perfect (assuming any damage caused by defective scoops will be rectified by the company), major features function mechanically, and software looks to be greatly improved.

Their plan, as stated when they took over, and which they initially tried, was to restart production with finished games a month after they took charge. That obviously didn't work, and until very recently, many of the games shipped were still riven with problems that they hadn't rectified or fully identified.

With the benefit of hindsight and knowing how much time, money and work it has ultimately taken, I doubt if they would have agreed to assume the burden which they did in the first place.

#19683 6 years ago

I have just order totaly 7 pcs of LE games for distribution to Swedish buyer.

The progress goes slow ( and i am in since long time with 4 full paid LE games since may 2016 ) but it goes right . To help the company i have paid all new games we order in full, even if i have 4 pre paid games in since long time.

I understand that the company need all the help they can get to move out from lack of cash and slow delivery and a long waiting list for games and payback money to be a healty pinball producer.

As i said before i have full trust in the new owners , and the games that we got from them so far is fantastic , the new software 1.1 makes the game super fantastic fun to play.

Of course i would like to see the work going much faster and more games comming in to us in a higher speed , but the most importent thing is that the games that they do works as well as it should and that they in the end solve every ones pre orderd games , and also help the one who like the money back.

One thing is for sure , if they had not stept in no one of us would get their games and no one would get any refound at all and every ones money had been lost in a bankrupcy company that had spent all of our money on develop the game.

Thay would be a pitty for this game should be on the market.

It cost a lot of money and time to develop someting like the alien pinball and i think its very few people who manage to do it , or are stuipe enough to try to do it

And when i now have the game i can say that its worth waiting for.

So all of you guys who have put your money in ( in full or in part ) have been helping with the development of this game , you should also be proud as you have given your money into someting that did not existed , and you all liked one of the coolest pinball games build.

So if you dont have another other fantastic game coming up to use your money on ( of course i understand that we all not like the time in this project ) ,have some patience more ( you have waited so long time anyway ) and wait some more to get your game,

For all of you living in Sweden , Norway or Denmark ( well if you live somewere else you are also welcome , just a longer ride ) we have one Alien game put on freeplay in our showroom , feel free to come here to play.

We also have the Full throttle in the same place...

#19684 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Heighway finally emailed. I ordered my game November 21, 2014 and paid in full then. I'm curious if anyone has a fully paid invoice and has an order before this one? I'm thinking I'm definitely the person waiting the longest and wanted to confirm.

October 29, 2014 here

#19685 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

To resolve your hypersleep issue, look to the hypersleep lock mechanism. Try pushing it up and then let go and it should snap back in place. If it sticks or hesitates for a few seconds or more, you have confirmed your issue. Remove and reposition coil, ensuring it is aligned and moves smoothly. Try adding washers under nearby screws, if any are causing tension. Otherwise you can go in test menu for coils and test hypersleep lock. It should pop up and fall down if properly aligned. Give it a go and report back.

Thank you very much. You're right it sticks and we "rebuild" the assembly and now it works perfetcs.

Thank to all for support so we were able to fix all issues very fast and now the machine plays how it's supposed to do

Also big thanks to Stefan from RS-pinball and the heighwayteam

We'll have a lot of fun with this machine and report back if we find some bugs or something similar.

#19686 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They should have realised what and who they were dealing with, but it was much worse than they or most here feared.

Myself included. There were things I learnt after the takeover - like a conversation I had with a friend of mine had about HP's "factory" when he visited the place. Guy's background is in manufacturing and he confirmed the whole thing was a sad joke. The new owners probably had to redesign every step in the manufacturing process.

#19687 6 years ago

I have a ct shaker for a spike game and would like to use it in my alien,can someone with a alien shaker tell me what pins are use for power on there shaker,I do not want to blow something up,,my spike plug is pin 2 black on right and pin 5 red on left

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#19688 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Besides, you are one of the golden boys of Morgan, he gifted you with a christmas dream. I received nothing personal from them since the ashes of Andrew. It hurts but it is ok until they hurt my trust which I feel wont ever happen. I feel they will deliver and I felt it all the time because this pin is dark magic that will succeed (it contains the bones Andrew ripped out of Nordman). I will comment (and donate) here when I have it or comment before when that stoner from California makes subpar comment again (I cant take it any longer) and you will have it also (after me I believe) if you keep your inner shakra intact. Until then.

man I'm glad I stopped checking this thread. I just did a search on refunds to see if anyone gotten theirs.... wishful thinking I guess.

#19689 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wait, am I the stoner from California?

You tell us!!

#19690 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Isn't there a password we need to include in the email subject line to have it read and receive a response?

Have you tried "Uranus-Hertz?"

#19691 6 years ago

Hey guys my Alien LE is about to ship out and Im being asked what color trim I want. Can anyone share their trim option so I can make a decision?
Thanks

#19693 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my Alien LE is about to ship out and Im being asked what color trim I want. Can anyone share their trim option so I can make a decision?
Thanks</blockquote

Out of curiosity, when did you order yours?

#19694 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my Alien LE is about to ship out and Im being asked what color trim I want.

Black.
Blue looks terrible. MO
Green meh!
(best to powdercoat yourself)

#19695 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Black.
Blue looks terrible. MO
Green meh!
(best to powdercoat yourself)

Yeah green looks good on my AFMR, and blue .. doesn't even go with the theme. I think Im going with black.. but have a little bit more time to decide.

#19696 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Man I dont remember.. a long long time ago?

#19697 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I dont remember.. a long long time ago?

I'm pretty curious about this as well. If you don't mind saying, were you paid in full?

I think we're all just trying to judge how far down the list we might be, although at this point, I'm not sure there's a rhyme or reason to any of it.

#19698 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I'm pretty curious about this as well. If you don't mind saying, were you paid in full?
I think we're all just trying to judge how far down the list we might be, although at this point, I'm not sure there's a rhyme or reason to any of it.

That's it exactly. It would also be interesting to know if he ordered from CT or HP.

#19699 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Quoted from nman:

He ordered from Cointaker approximately 5 months ago...according to another thread.

#19700 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

He ordered from Cointaker approximately 5 months ago...according to another thread.

That's about when I ordered mine. I think it was around June (and they said I'd get it in July lol). I only put down the deposit, and I haven't heard from Cointaker since.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 30,030 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/394 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.