pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 393 of 601.
#19601 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I will say that majority of the times it does hit chestburster but it's not 100% although I can check the balance and slope of my table again. Wondering if other owners see this too. Again it could be design just wasn't sure.
An unexpected way I'm seeing the ball get fed to that upper right flipper is hitting the right orbit sometimes is blocked into pops and the ball will sometimes be directed to the chestburster target and drop down to the upper right flipper.

It's just a tough shot that you have to hit perfectly...I love it. My favorite is hitting it from the lower left flipper...near impossible...but possible

I actually find it harder to hit the outer mini loop that feeds directly to the right flipper...that's a tough shot (harder than the "chestburster" IMHO).

#19602 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's just a tough shot that you have to hit perfectly...I love it. My favorite is hitting it from the lower left flipper...near impossible...but possible
I actually find it harder to hit the outer mini loop that feeds directly to the right flipper...that's a tough shot (harder than the "chestburster" IMHO).

I do agree that when it hits, the feeling is great. I don't find the mini loop too tough but hitting that chestbusters from the left flipper? Damn near impossible for me too. Any tips on when to hit the ball on that one would be welcomed.

#19603 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I do agree that when it hits, the feeling is great. I don't find the mini loop too tough but hitting that chestbusters from the left flipper? Damn near impossible for me too. Any tips on when to hit the ball on that one would be welcomed.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the+angle+of+the+dangle&amp=true

#19604 6 years ago

Warming up to room temp now....

002 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG

#19605 6 years ago

Before I turn it on and update the code - is there a list of common stuff to check? I did a visual on all the connectors - only found one loose and one solenoid wire that came off. Adjusting the mouth, etc?

#19606 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

is there a list of common stuff to check?

Everything.....

#19607 6 years ago

So far -
Ball won't launch up the ramp - hits it and comes back to the kicker.
Ball won't go into the mouth, hits alien jaw and falls off.
High pitched sound when I hold the left flipper.
Trough kicker was too strong and ball would bounce right back into the trough. - Fixed.

Looks like I have some reading to do on the other three problems. Everything else seems fine so far.

#19608 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

So far -
Ball won't launch up the ramp - hits it and comes back to the kicker.
Ball won't go into the mouth, hits alien jaw and falls off.
Trough kicker was too strong and ball would bounce right back into the trough. - Fixed.
Looks like I have some reading to do on the other three problems. Everything else seems fine so far.

I have my ball launcher power set pretty low, that helped mine. some people put a spacer on the mech which helped their alignment.

You'll have to mess with the xeno in the service menu to see what's going on. Your servo arm might need to be moved a notch on the spline so the jaw goes all the way open. make sure you don't hear a bunch of servo buzzing when the jaw is closed it'll burn out the servo over time.

#19609 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I have my ball launcher power set pretty low, that helped mine. some people put a spacer on the mech which helped their alignment.
You'll have to mess with the xeno in the service menu to see what's going on. Your servo arm might need to be moved a notch on the spline so the jaw goes all the way open. make sure you don't hear a bunch of servo buzzing when the jaw is closed it'll burn out the servo over time.

hmmmm - so when the machine is on and the xeno mech stationary, you don't hear any buzz at all? I'll need to check again but I think mine has a little noise.

#19610 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

hmmmm - so when the machine is on and the xeno mech stationary, you don't hear any buzz at all? I'll need to check again but I think mine has a little noise.

Mine was pretty noisy and died. since I replaced it and got it properly alined, It's near silent. Take note of the wiring if you're too anxious to wait for a heighway replacement like me. You'll have to swap a couple pins on the plug of a regular servo.

#19611 6 years ago

Update on I/O drivers will hopefully fix this one soon->

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Also, I don't if anyone noticed this, but if you have EL Blades I would move the power supply to back right corner of the cabinet away from all the backbox harnesses. I noticed some hum from power supply through the speakers and then moved it and it went away. (make sure to ground it still!)

If you don't have EL Blades get em.

#19612 6 years ago

I updated code on both prototypes here, one game had a io2 board not found error after 10 games.
Air lock scoop, Vent 1 scoop, upper left flipper, and both switches by upper right ramp not working.

Other game seems fine so far.
except for the Alien mech not working, and auto plunger sticking out after launch.

#19613 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I updated code on both prototypes here, one game had a io2 board not found error after 10 games.
Air lock scoop, Vent 1 scoop, upper left flipper, and both switches by upper right ramp not working.
Other game seems fine so far.
except for the Alien mech not working, and auto plunger sticking out after launch.

Was the update for the prototypes? I thought they needed some kind of upgrade?

#19614 6 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Was the update for the prototypes? I thought they needed some kind of upgrade?

I don’t know,I wasn’t told anything otherwise

#19615 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I lowered the power as much as possible and had to align the plunger - easiest to do if you extend the plunger with the 3 screws on the bracket loose. That way you can make sure the plunger is driving the ball straight into the wireform.

#19616 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

The bootup screenshot shown before shows that a process is trying to untar/gunzip the hpd11.upd file. If it can't do that - as in MightyGrave case - then it will just abort. Basically that hpd11.upd file should just be put on a FAT32 formatted USB stick "as is", as said above.

MightyGrave

Rename the hpd11.upd file to hpd11.tar.gz and throw it on the usb stick and try that, best off dropping to a command prompt and using the ren command.

#19617 6 years ago

I don’t know if this will help or not because I’m not the most savvy when it comes to pinball help, but I had the same problem on my ball launch as well.

I noticed the ball launch was very loose on my game. The firing mechanism would fire but would hit the small circle, thus not getting a full hit on the ball while it was sitting in the trough. I know this may sound silly, but I just took a small piece of plastic and wedged in between the ball launch and the inner cabinet, keeping it in place.

Since I did that, the ball fires 99% of the time now and works perfectly.

Still love playing this game. Got the nasty flu virus so I haven’t got the chance to do the newest update. Can’t wait!

#19618 6 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

mightygrave
Rename the hpd11.upd file to hpd11.tar.gz ...

That will definitely not work. You should not rename or modify the file at all, or it won't install.

#19619 6 years ago

Heighway finally emailed. I ordered my game November 21, 2014 and paid in full then. I'm curious if anyone has a fully paid invoice and has an order before this one? I'm thinking I'm definitely the person waiting the longest and wanted to confirm.

#19621 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Since I did that, the ball fires 99% of the time now and works perfectly.

ALMOST perfectly ....

#19622 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

It was the jaw hitting the left target - bent it forward a bit and the jaw dropped right down. I'll have to watch these targets as they will probably bend back and clearance for the jaw is minimal.

#19623 6 years ago

Anybody figure out what would work best to protect the playfield screen?

#19624 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

It was the jaw hitting the left target - bent it forward a bit and the jaw dropped right down. I'll have to watch these targets as they will probably bend back and clearance for the jaw is minimal.

I'm going to try and move the targets forward - jaw won't open again.

#19625 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Heighway finally emailed. I ordered my game November 21, 2014 and paid in full then. I'm curious if anyone has a fully paid invoice and has an order before this one? I'm thinking I'm definitely the person waiting the longest and wanted to confirm.

I think you may win the award but I also ordered in 2014 and paid deposit. Then paid $4000 more when "going into production"
Communication has re-started. There is a beacon of light around the corner. I think I can almost see it.....

#19626 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

ALMOST perfectly ....

Damn you Ted and you’re perfect math! LOL

#19627 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I don’t know,I wasn’t told anything otherwise

Strange, all I've seen is that the prototype machines can't be updated. Did you just download the 1.1 file on their site and go at it?

#19628 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Should not need anything to protect the screen.

If you are concerned with protecting the edge of the wood pf around the screen, then I would just ensure you set the screen perfectly level, ensure the screws have a dam of locktite to keep them in place, and that should be it.

I supposed you could use mylar on the edge to smooth/protect the ball transition, but I dont think it is needed???

Our game on route has had not issue or need for mylar at that spot since I made sure the screws were set to hold the screen at level.

#19629 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Should not need anything to protect the screen.
If you are concerned with protecting the edge of the wood pf around the screen, then I would just ensure you set the screen perfectly level, ensure the screws have a dam of locktite to keep them in place, and that should be it.
I supposed you could use mylar on the edge to smooth/protect the ball transition, but I dont think it is needed???
Our game on route has had not issue or need for mylar at that spot since I made sure the screws were set to hold the screen at level.

Awesome - thanks

#19630 6 years ago

I put some static cling kind of mylar stuff from a hobby lobby on my screen.

#19631 6 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

That will definitely not work. You should not rename or modify the file at all, or it won't install.

He doesn't have many options at this point so its worth a try. The original file was .tar.gz, the .upd file has just been renamed it's still a gzip and will open with rar etc...

#19632 6 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

He doesn't have many options at this point so its worth a try. The original file was .tar.gz, the .upd file has just been renamed it's still a gzip and will open with rar etc...

He has options, the team is taking care of him, and you're talking to the guy who programmed the system, so it's really not worth arguing with him over whether or not it will work.

#19633 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He has options, the team is taking care of him, and you're talking to the guy who programmed the system, so it's really not worth arguing with him over whether or not it will work.

No one is arguing. Just trying to help.

#19634 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I want to second the clear cling vinyl it works great, is thicker and cushions more than mylar without the issue of sticking to the playfield. Just cut it about 3/8 of an inch bigger than the screen on all sides it works great. I also like it in front of the kickout which I also have protected by a Cliffy and around the magnet core. For a couple of bucks better safe than sorry.

#19635 6 years ago
Quoted from klinde1:

I want to second the clear cling vinyl it works great, is thicker and cushions more than mylar without the issue of sticking to the playfield. Just cut it about 3/8 of an inch bigger than the screen on all sides it works great. I also like it in front of the kickout which I also have protected by a Cliffy and around the magnet core. For a couple of bucks better safe than sorry.

Link for this?

#19636 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

had hoped that owing them $$$ might have made a difference

You can see it that way. You have nothing to say to them unless you pay in full so you are nothing to them. I dont know if they care much about the crumb bums and shoe clerks (not all) you are leading here because this thread alone contains tons of hate and defamation against the company. The main stream here says refund in open mouth like baby bird, never buy pin from them and buying experience is agony and frustration (other threads are worse).

I paid in full 2016 to support Andrews great vision and my taxes so I am something to them. Actually due to good contacts and much work some time ago fueled by anger (when Andrew did unhealthy tours in your country with my money) I can just pull the trigger and a bomb (since then in hypersleep chamber) drops in Wales, it would cost me a few minutes and no money. But I dont want that. I dont see a le shipped that was fully paid after mine in Andrews era (we ordered pin in Andrews era, these are completely different orders to post Andrew orders because a man is responsible for his trust, only kids, women and fags blame third parties for their mistakes) and that is not even important. Important is I appreciate the new owners and some loyal staff (I pray for their health) dig that pin out the shithole Andrew left it in and I dont want to disturb that process.

Besides, you are one of the golden boys of Morgan, he gifted you with a christmas dream. I received nothing personal from them since the ashes of Andrew. It hurts but it is ok until they hurt my trust which I feel wont ever happen. I feel they will deliver and I felt it all the time because this pin is dark magic that will succeed (it contains the bones Andrew ripped out of Nordman). I will comment (and donate) here when I have it or comment before when that stoner from California makes subpar comment again (I cant take it any longer) and you will have it also (after me I believe) if you keep your inner shakra intact. Until then.

#19637 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

You can see it that way. You have nothing to say to them unless you pay in full so you are nothing to them. I dont know if they care much about the crumb bums and shoe clerks (not all) you are leading here because this thread alone contains tons of hate and defamation against the company. The main stream here says refund in open mouth like baby bird, never buy pin from them and buying experience is agony and frustration (other threads are worse).
I paid in full 2016 to support Andrews great vision and my taxes so I am something to them. Actually due to good contacts and much work some time ago fueled by anger (when Andrew did unhealthy tours in your country with my money) I can just pull the trigger and a bomb (since then in hypersleep chamber) drops in Wales, it would cost me a few minutes and no money. But I dont want that. I dont see a le shipped that was fully paid after mine in Andrews era (we ordered pin in Andrews era, these are completely different orders to post Andrew orders because a man is responsible for his trust, only kids, women and fags blame third parties for their mistakes) and that is not even important. Important is I appreciate the new owners and some loyal staff (I pray for their health) dig that pin out the shithole Andrew left it in and I dont want to disturb that process.
Besides, you are one of the golden boys of Morgan, he gifted you with a christmas dream. I received nothing personal from them since the ashes of Andrew. It hurts but it is ok until they hurt my trust which I feel wont ever happen. I feel they will deliver and I felt it all the time because this pin is dark magic that will succeed (it contains the bones Andrew ripped out of Nordman). I will comment (and donate) here when I have it or comment before when that stoner from California makes subpar comment again (I cant take it any longer) and you will have it also (after me I believe) if you keep your inner shakra intact. Until then.

I understand that English may not be your first language, but it's really hard to determine what you're trying to say.

Perhaps use less poetry, and more prose.

#19638 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

a man is responsible for his trust, only kids, women and fags blame third parties for their mistakes

#19639 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

You remember them. Whitman, Price and Heighway...

21768915_10155073990442810_6120260929978279057_o (resized).jpg21768915_10155073990442810_6120260929978279057_o (resized).jpg

#19640 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Completely confused. You’re trying to criticize the upper right flipper design flaw right?

#19641 6 years ago

Wow I believe that’s some bannable stuff right there

#19642 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I like the cut off your jib.

#19643 6 years ago

Pretty sure he was calling me a crumb bum.... and I loved that! Seems like he was a little angry at our friend green hornet too.

I'm still in for a tricked out SE, but the waiting/following of this thread is painful at times. I keep telling myself " these folks are working out the bugs now, so I won't have too"

#19644 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I like the cut off your jib.

Of

#19645 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

that stoner from California

can fix anything

#19646 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I can only guess you are talking to me (as I'm quoted from a post). Not sure about the "leader" or "golden boy" references, but agree with you on being grateful for the company guys that do post here, and focus on the game itself, with pure intent of making it the best it can be.

The "Christmas dream" was just that...a dream. Anyway, believing your message is one of positive nature (?) regarding receipt of finished games. Thanks (I think)...mark

#19647 6 years ago

This thread.......man, will rank up there with some of the better ones in a couple years.

#19648 6 years ago

3 hours ago, at time of posting, it was 11PM in Germany. he was probably already drunk off his ass...

PROST!!

#19649 6 years ago

Trink nicht und Pinside
(Don't drink and Pinside according to google)

#19650 6 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

You remember them. Whitman, Price and Heighway...

Last seasons winners?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 393 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/393 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.