pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 388 of 601.
#19351 6 years ago

Helmut is a great guy, he mentioned a manual would be coming soon. The LE buyers will be getting a much more tuned game than us early run owners.

#19352 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The LE buyers will be getting a much more tuned game than us early run owners.

I sure as hell hope so!

#19353 6 years ago

Thanks to KevInBuffalo and Nick for the newer Alien Twitch. The next revision is in Beta testing (we want a limited number of testers to find problems before we go wide). It is up to HP to decide to release it, it is close. As soon as we are confident in it, you will have it.

daudioguy

#19354 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Thanks to kevinbuffalo and Nick for the newer Alien Twitch. The next revision is in Beta testing (we want a limited number of testers to find problems before we go wide). It is up to HP to decide to release it, it is close. As soon as we are confident in it, you will have it.
daudioguy

Thanks David!

#19355 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Helmut is a great guy, he mentioned a manual would be coming soon. The LE buyers will be getting a much more tuned game than us early run owners.

Hoping so....

#19356 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Thanks to kevinbuffalo and Nick for the newer Alien Twitch. The next revision is in Beta testing (we want a limited number of testers to find problems before we go wide). It is up to HP to decide to release it, it is close. As soon as we are confident in it, you will have it.
daudioguy

Have heard great things about the new revision including the light flickering issue getting vastly improved.
Very excited to see all the new changes the team has been talking about on here!

#19357 6 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR (again) to all Alien supporters...hoping to join the Club with my own LE this coming year, and be able to contribute to the growth of this great title........mark

#19358 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

HAPPY NEW YEAR (again) to all Alien supporters...hoping to join the Club with my own LE this coming year, and be able to contribute to the growth of this great title........mark

2018 and no le yet. was hoping for xmas delivery. at least i see some progress and hope they get the bugs and quality control fixed before shipping.
hope an alien le lands at my house in 2018!!
happy alien new year

#19359 6 years ago

Happy New Year!!! Hope all LE owners get one asap!

btw - anyone get their pinstadium kits in? I'm now thinking of getting and want some additional feedback. I believe one alien owner was getting it. Just interested in having a very low power lighting effect so i can play well in no lights.

#19360 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Happy New Year!!! Hope all LE owners get one asap!
btw - anyone get their pinstadium kits in? I'm now thinking of getting and want some additional feedback. I believe one alien owner was getting it. Just interested in having a very low power lighting effect so i can play well in no lights.

Unless you can't stomach the price, PinStadiums are a no brainer. You can set them to literally any color and any brightness. Get it with the GI integration and it won't interfere with any of the designed "lights out" effects either.

PinStadiums get a bad wrap by some people because so many users post "clown puke" pictures of them. But they're like LEDs, you can do it right and it's awesome, or you can do it obnoxious and it looks like shit. With the included app you can literally change the color to anything you want on the fly in 2 seconds. For a dark game like Alien, I would get them without hesitation.

#19361 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Unless you can't stomach the price, PinStadiums are a no brainer. You can set them to literally any color and any brightness. Get it with the GI integration and it won't interfere with any of the designed "lights out" effects either.
PinStadiums get a bad wrap by some people because so many users post "clown puke" pictures of them. But they're like LEDs, you can do it right and it's awesome, or you can do it obnoxious and it looks like shit. With the included app you can literally change the color to anything you want on the fly in 2 seconds. For a dark game like Alien, I would get them without hesitation.

So I did it - will report back and post pics. I'm just looking for a nice subtle lighting to cut the black. If it's too bright, I'll just sell on pinside for less.

#19362 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I did it - will report back and post pics. I'm just looking for a nice subtle lighting to cut the black. If it's too bright, I'll just sell on pinside for less.

You can change the brightness from 100% all the way down to 0%. It literally can't be too bright unless you don't want extra lighting.

#19363 6 years ago

Can anyone let me know the dimensions of the full translite (same as Stern or Williams)? I want to order a lightbox for mine when it shows...thanks...

#19364 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can anyone let me know the dimensions of the full translite (same as Stern or Williams)? I want to order a lightbox for mine when it shows...thanks...

I can't promise this is 100% correct since I don't own a backglass, but the dimensions of the file I use are 26.533x26.533"

Remember though, it's not a translite, it's a plexi backglass, so you would need to accommodate the right width for the slot. And I don't know the thickness.

#19365 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't promise this is 100% correct since I don't own a backglass, but the dimensions of the file I use are 26.533x26.533"
Remember though, it's not a translite, it's a plexi backglass, so you would need to accommodate the right width for the slot. And I don't know the thickness.

Thanks Aurich!!!!

#19366 6 years ago

Has anyone gotten a refund from these guys in the last 12 months? I started the process back in June with 3 replies back from Morgan, in a timely fashion shockingly, in which she said the refund would be processed.

It's now January 2017, I've contacted them every month since that initial request back in June but haven't received a single reply. Are they ghosting everyone or just me?

#19367 6 years ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

Has anyone gotten a refund from these guys in the last 12 months? I started the process back in June with 3 replies back from Morgan, in a timely fashion shockingly, in which she said the refund would be processed.
It's now January 2017, I've contacted them every month since that initial request back in June but haven't received a single reply. Are they ghosting everyone or just me?

Doesn’t the refund request waiting period automatically reset to 3 months at the start of the new year?

#19368 6 years ago

Who whant a refound when the game is so great.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#19369 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Game might be great pity the company isn't.

#19370 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

One of the reasons why I've been trying to get a refund for 7 months now.

#19371 6 years ago

where are the le's. enough is enough!!

#19372 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Well, there are a few who whant a REFUND.

#19373 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

in the interim, perhaps this will suffice:

powdercoat
powdercoat01 (resized).jpgpowdercoat01 (resized).jpg
a plaque
plaque01 (resized).jpgplaque01 (resized).jpg
two bee-cons
beecon01 (resized).jpgbeecon01 (resized).jpg
shaker motor
shakermotor01 (resized).jpgshakermotor01 (resized).jpg
side blades
sideblades02 (resized).jpgsideblades02 (resized).jpg
a screen in the back
screenedin01 (resized).jpgscreenedin01 (resized).jpg
limited edition art
LEart02 (resized).jpgLEart02 (resized).jpg
and no magic glass
magicgirl02 (resized).jpgmagicgirl02 (resized).jpg

#19374 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Ain't that the truth

#19375 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

One is here with me

#19376 6 years ago

I don't really care as long as people are compensated but have HW said anything official, outside of private emails, about the fiber optic LE ramps not being in the game anymore and what the compensation would be?

I know there are not many but where are the games on location? Is there one in NYC yet?

#19377 6 years ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

I got my refund in October after calling Andrew out on Pinside. Other than that he had ignored my emails for weeks.

Not sure how these ‘new and improved’ mystery owners are fairing. Looks more of the same to me.

#19378 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I got my refund in October after calling Andrew out on Pinside. Other than that he had ignored my emails for weeks.
Not sure how these ‘new and improved’ mystery owners are fairing. Looks more of the same to me.

They're not new.
They're the original investers.

#19379 6 years ago

Black Alien LE #55 has landed today...

file1 (resized).pngfile1 (resized).png

file2 (resized).jpegfile2 (resized).jpeg

#19380 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Black Alien LE #55 has landed today...

Congrats and thanks for the good pic of the plaque and translite.....sure hope these start making it stateside soon....

Can I inquire if you received yours from the same distributor that FRli002 got his from? Curious if they are filling distro orders in from of individuals. If that's the case, I'll be in for a further wait......

(btw, @greenhornet, I switched to black w PDI...may want to capture that).....

#19381 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats and thanks for the good pic of the plaque and translite.....sure hope these start making it stateside soon....
Can I inquire if you received yours from the same distributor that FRli002 got his from? Curious if they are filling distro orders in from of individuals. If that's the case, I'll be in for a further wait......
(btw, greenhornet, I switched to black w PDI...may want to capture that).....

Sorry, I have no idea where FRli got his Alien from! I will post some more impressions soon...

#19382 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Sorry, I have no idea where FRli got his Alien from! I will post some more impressions soon...

Cool!!! anxious to see your feedback, and more pics!!!!

#19383 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

(btw, greenhornet, I switched to black w PDI...may want to capture that).....

copy that rouge leader..

nearly a dozen posts in a couple days time drooling over blue, and a week later youve vacillated back to black. point: you've claimed, on occasion, that my posts add nothing the discussion. what exactly did repeating your color choice so many times during your 'blue' period add to the discussion? and now that you are [at least temporarily] no longer going with blue, that makes all those redundant posts even more of a waste of the readerships time.

did you switch because I told you blue was my favorite color?

#19384 6 years ago

I hope the bad playfields are not the end of Heighway, the theme is so cool it would be a shame if this is the begining of a catastrophe...

10efe18c24818ee58faeb95248ad340217ba5da5.jpeg (resized).jpg10efe18c24818ee58faeb95248ad340217ba5da5.jpeg (resized).jpg

#19385 6 years ago

A Monty Python pinball game is long overdue. The top of most pinball game designers list I would say.

#19386 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

copy that rouge leader..
nearly a dozen posts in a couple days time drooling over blue, and a week later youve vacillated back to black. point: you've claimed, on occasion, that my posts add nothing the discussion. what exactly did repeating your color choice so many times during your 'blue' period add to the discussion? and now that you are [at least temporarily] no longer going with blue, that makes all those redundant posts even more of a waste of the readerships time.
did you switch because I told you blue was my favorite color?
» YouTube video

A fair amount of discussion in between my blue posts that was omitted from your storyline, hence the repetition.

Discussing color choice merely passes the time. Just wanted you in the loop ( for material down the road.....

Thumbs up on the MP clip.....spot on, and love that movie...

#19387 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I hope the bad playfields are not the end of Heighway, the theme is so cool it would be a shame if this is the begining of a catastrophe...

As far as I know the playfields come from Mirko in Germany unless something changed. They should be the best we can get if they are from Mirko. I am sure he will stand by his product and solve these problems.

#19388 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Cliffy sells a protector for that spot - highly recommended. Of course, it should have come from the factory with one IMHO.

#19389 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

cliffy sells a protector for that spot - highly recommended. Of course, it should have come from the factory with one IMHO.

I understand that, but even without a cliffy it should wear just like any other scoop...not have clear and art lift up

2018-01-06-07-01-48- (resized).jpg2018-01-06-07-01-48- (resized).jpg

#19390 6 years ago

Quote from the "Alien pinball - Poor quality clear coat!" thread.

Quoted from VividPsychosis:

The airlock scoop is not built properly in the production game, they know about it and in future games at some point it will be changed and a cliffy will be sent from factory. It caused this in 10 games once the ball began shooting out improperly due to the welded mech being too loose and not hugging the ball enough to continue to make the ball follow the scoop curve. It shoots up and hits the metal curve and comes back down and slams the pf. It began to do this after about 50 games of it working normally.

#19391 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Quote from the "Alien pinball - Poor quality clear coat!" thread.

Is the the airlock scoop issue that Ferret had referred to a bit back ( one of the improvements)? Hope so...

#19392 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

A Monty Python pinball game is long overdue. The top of most pinball game designers list I would say.

Isn’t Medieval Madness inspired by Monty Python?

#19393 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Top of the scoop needs to be bent back a bit,it kicks it out at the edge of the play field on that one.
Same thing happened to one of mine.

#19394 6 years ago

curious what the airlock scoop issue supposedly is?

After hundreds/thousands of plays on our Alien the scoop is still rock solid and very consistently shoots the ball to the flipper. Was something changed from the initial prototypes to the production machines?

I know some complained that the scoop is t-nutted in place which means little room for operator adjustment of it and it is so solid construction that it is tough to bend it if you need to redirect the eject.

I would like to see photos of what is different or causing the issues on the scoop.

I know on our game, i put mylar at the scoop eject and magnet almost immediately and the pf looks just like it did when we got it.

i do wish that they have chamferred (sp?) the scoop as the square edge is less than ideal.

#19395 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious what the airlock scoop issue supposedly is?
After hundreds/thousands of plays on our Alien the scoop is still rock solid and very consistently shoots the ball to the flipper. Was something changed from the initial prototypes to the production machines?
I know some complained that the scoop is t-nutted in place which means little room for operator adjustment of it and it is so solid construction that it is tough to bend it if you need to redirect the eject.
I would like to see photos of what is different or causing the issues on the scoop.
I know on our game, i put mylar at the scoop eject and magnet almost immediately and the pf looks just like it did when we got it.
i do wish that they have chamferred (sp?) the scoop as the square edge is less than ideal.

No issues on my other Alien,just had a bad alignment on the scoop before.
I put mylar on that one as well.

Cliffy would still be nice there though.

#19396 6 years ago

Re: the scoop, regardless of the cause, I still don't understand why they haven't been shipping every single one with (thick) mylar around the scoop from the factory.

They have a laser cutter at the warehouse, so could cut the mylar in bulk. Application would be a few minutes, on an unpopulated pf.

Because this isn't being done ...... how many fully populated playfields are they now going to have to provide as replacements?

Even if it were Mirco's fault (seems like the scoop itself is the cause), why wouldn't you just add a few cents worth of mylar?

Production management still needs serious improvement, even if they do manage to make everyone good (machine or refund) by March. Albeit the latter would be a huge achievement, if they get there.

#19397 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

copy that rouge leader..
nearly a dozen posts in a couple days time drooling over blue, and a week later youve vacillated back to black. point: you've claimed, on occasion, that my posts add nothing the discussion. what exactly did repeating your color choice so many times during your 'blue' period add to the discussion? and now that you are [at least temporarily] no longer going with blue, that makes all those redundant posts even more of a waste of the readershipszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Christ, and I thought I was on the autistic spectrum.

#19398 6 years ago

Curious if a green or blue LE can be easily powder coated later on as many mention they plan to do in the future. In particular, there is a colored strip on both sides of the head that would need to be changed too. That requires the side head pieces to be made of metal and to be able to be removed from the head. The black color is so neutral that the head sides wouldn't need to be done if you selected black trim and then to powdercoat with a dark color. So what about the head sides - are they decorative metal on top an already firm side panel and are they removable?

IMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPG

#19399 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Like mine. Well, second. I've already expressed my embitteredness over what's not likely to ever be top of it anymore. :p

#19400 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Curious if a green or blue LE can be easily powder coated later on as many mention they plan to do in the future. In particular, there is a colored strip on both sides of the head that would need to be changed too. That requires the side head pieces to be made of metal and to be able to be removed from the head. The black color is so neutral that the head sides wouldn't need to be done if you selected black trim and then to powdercoat with a dark color. So what about the head sides - are they decorative metal on top an already firm side panel and are they removable?

Easy to remove, external phillips screws, comes off in 3 panels for the head, all parts can be easily stripped and recoated

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 388 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/388?hl=o-from-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.