zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 387 of 601.
#19301 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And that's the only thing that matters my friend. Nothing wrong with friendly disagreeing.

Absolutely, pinbud....I'm not even disagreeing w you.....just went through the gameroom...(3x) all black, (1x) sparkle black, (1x) chrome, (1x) brass, (2x) green, (2x) stainless, (1x) red.

The black version looks great, and if it would have been an "LE" black (nickel chrome, hammered metallic or something) I would have jumped. The black they are offering is identical to the standards, so blue it is......we shall see.....Just anxious to get the damn game, to be honest......

#19302 6 years ago

@ Makakka:
Just to get this fact right: I haven‘t talked to Morgan for several weeks. As I ordered via RS-Pinball, Stefan managed all the appointment, colour and feature stuff. On Thursday Stefan told me, that the box has left HW and is now on the way to Dortmund. RS is a great distributor with a perfect communication.

#19303 6 years ago

So just wondering - how many people here have received machines that work great out of the versus how many people are having issues and can't play their game? I'm wondering if for this one, it might be better not to buy NIB and wait for a resale on a machine that's been tested.

#19304 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

@ Makakka:
Just to get this fact right: I haven‘t talked to Morgan for several weeks. As I ordered via RS-Pinball, Stefan managed all the appointment, colour and feature stuff. On Thursday Stefan told me, that the box has left HW and is now on the way to Dortmund. RS is a great distributor with a perfect communication.

Is RS-Pinball an early adopter, as you referred earlier? My e-mail to Morgan and Dan also referenced that if distros make LE's available before early adopters, it could have a very, very negative impact on the community. Time is now to square this table. There simply couldn't be that many preorders out there, and customer refund # has to be relatively low in the scheme of things.

Truly, truly hoping they handle this right....

Believe January is going to be a very key month in Alienland......

#19305 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Believe January is going to be a very key month in Alienland......

I REALLY hope the early LE buyers, and those who worked on the game are made whole soon. At this point, I think it would be the best thing Heighway could do to increase confidence in their company.

Quoted from legionsoup:

how many people here have received machines that work great out of the versus how many people are having issues and can't play their game?

That leaves a lot of middle ground. Of all the games released, I've not heard of any 'unplayable'. Most have received games that are fun to play, but have some misc issues. I've only heard of the one monitor issue that would come close to qualifying as 'unplayable'. Some machines have lighting issues, Xeno issues... Heck, even my pre-prod game stuck on ver 0.94 with no playfield LCD, no working Xeno, LED issues - is still tons of fun to play.

#19306 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I REALLY hope the early LE buyers, and those who worked on the game are made whole soon. At this point, I think it would be the best thing Heighway could do to increase confidence in their company.

Order date - 10/21/2014.....the good ole days...talk of loaded goodie bags, gloss cabs, amazing features, crazy excitement.....yes, it's time.....just wanting a blue LE game now......crazy...best news for me....I only owe $6k for a "fully loaded" LE...guess time = money saved, and I'm thankful for the new Heighway for saving this machine....

#19307 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Order date - 10/21/2014.....the good ole days...talk of loaded goodie bags, gloss cabs, amazing features, crazy excitement.....yes, it's time.....just wanting a blue LE game now......crazy...best news for me....I only owe $6k for a "fully loaded" LE...guess time = money saved, and I'm thankful for the new Heighway for saving this machine....

Just looked at my order. 10/17/2014! It's been a journey for sure and not just on Alien.

Green is out for me too Mark. With AFMRLE and GBLE i'm greened out right now.

Like we talked about I'll probably go blue too except it reminds me of my RS now!!

#19308 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just looked at my order. 10/17/2014! It's been a journey for sure and not just on Alien.
Green is out for me too Mark. With AFMRLE and GBLE i'm greened out right now.
Like we talked about I'll probably go blue too except it reminds me of my RS now!!

Very true Doug...especially this past year for me......When they send me an invoice and ship date, I may waffle to black, but blue for now (I did see a pic of a FGY in blue that looked great...mine currently black...hmm)...

#19309 6 years ago

For as prolonged a time as you guys have been being abused on this, they should offer a color shade called, Black and Blue.

#19310 6 years ago

I think I'm at 10/19/2014 its time. I'm ready

-jeff

#19311 6 years ago

I hope you dudes get your LEs. It's only right. Game is off the hook.

#19312 6 years ago

good decision.
blue is my favorite color.
but im only going to say it once.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

This one will be blue.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm getting the blue f**k it....have too many green and black games.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

I just keep hoping in a dim room, the blue somehow reflects off the blue EL blades. Green is out..have enough great green ones

Quoted from MK6PIN:

If the blue truly looks like ass in a playing environment, Ill just change it.....but gotta give it a whirl..

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Im going blue or unfinished if they let me....I know what black looks like.....

Quoted from MK6PIN:

swear I like the blue the more I look at it.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

The black they are offering is identical to the standards, so blue it is...

Quoted from MK6PIN:

just wanting a blue LE game now.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

When they send me an invoice and ship date, I may waffle to black, but blue for now

#19313 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I would take anything at this point. The company no longer returns emails. I may need to go to Europe and pay them a little visit!! Terrible customer service!!

Good luck with that, Wales isn't in europe

#19314 6 years ago
Quoted from Almost4200hp:

Good luck with that, Wales isn't in europe

What ??? Last time I checked it was ?

#19315 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Is RS-Pinball an early adopter, as you referred earlier?

The only thing I know is that Stefan´s order has been one of the very early ones way back in time. So everything should be fine with that.

I just wanted to give you a good feeling, that our hope has become reality because they finally build and deliver LEs now. Meanwhile I´m quite sure, that all open (LE-)preorders will be delivered until late January. Maybe it´s even better to get the machine a little later, when HW got the chance to fix some of the posted issues. To be honest I am a little frightened if my machine will be working fine or not. It´s pretty obvious, that the pressure from our community to bring the preordered machines on the way, which is absolutely understandable, bottomline costs time they usually need for a better QM. Merry X-mas to everyone!!

#19316 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I hope you dudes get your LEs. It's only right. Game is off the hook.

I have to second that. Can't wait to see pics!

#19317 6 years ago

I sometimes wonder what a JPOP Zidware Alien game would have looked like...

#19318 6 years ago

Im a Fan of the Green

IMG_2223 (resized).JPGIMG_2223 (resized).JPG

#19319 6 years ago

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/support/

Has anyone recieved any info about this?

IMG_2330 (resized).PNGIMG_2330 (resized).PNG

#19320 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I sometimes wonder what a JPOP Zidware Alien game would have looked like...

Vaporware

#19321 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

The only thing I know is that Stefan´s order has been one of the very early ones way back in time. So everything should be fine with that.
I just wanted to give you a good feeling, that our hope has become reality because they finally build and deliver LEs now. Meanwhile I´m quite sure, that all open (LE-)preorders will be delivered until late January. Maybe it´s even better to get the machine a little later, when HW got the chance to fix some of the posted issues. To be honest I am a little frightened if my machine will be working fine or not. It´s pretty obvious, that the pressure from our community to bring the preordered machines on the way, which is absolutely understandable, bottomline costs time they usually need for a better QM. Merry X-mas to everyone!!

Encouraging!!!!! Merry Christmas to you, and congrats!!!!

#19322 6 years ago

Screw the color choices. Mines going to be grey. Probably the most limited of all the editions

#19323 6 years ago

Modfather makes a cool Pincup for Alien if anyone is interested

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/alien-pincup

IMG_2391 (resized).JPGIMG_2391 (resized).JPG

#19324 6 years ago

Alien livestream tomorrow at 8 pm Eastern! Tune in at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

A8A989BE-1DF0-4F85-87F6-0F35D3AD9FDE (resized).jpegA8A989BE-1DF0-4F85-87F6-0F35D3AD9FDE (resized).jpeg

#19325 6 years ago

Awesome! Family over but still def watch the replay.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19326 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Alien livestream tomorrow at 8 pm Eastern! Tune in at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

This should end my series of updates about "how is the machine in buffalo doing" .

Thanks for the stream !

#19327 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

This should end my series of updates about "how is the machine in buffalo doing" .
Thanks for the stream !

Well this is a different machine - a private collector in Rochester got one and invited us over to play. Fingers crossed!

#19328 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

What ??? Last time I checked it was ?

Wales is part of the UK, which is in Europe but not attached to the European mainland.

#19329 6 years ago

Fun to watch the Buffalo Pinball stream tonight! Thanks to @lodgingdolphin, @kevinbuffalo, et al for hosting! I hope Nick doesn't hate the game quite as much now...

Feel free to shout if anyone has any questions from the stream. (I wish I coulda been in the chat room live, but I'm currently somewhere with crappy Internet and that wasn't possible... )

#19330 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Fun to watch the Buffalo Pinball stream tonight! Thanks to lodgingdolphin, kevinbuffalo, et al for hosting! I hope Nick doesn't hate the game quite as much now...
Feel free to shout if anyone has any questions from the stream. (I wish I coulda been in the chat room live, but I'm currently somewhere with crappy Internet and that wasn't possible... )

What is the thinking on what is causing the rainbow flickering insert lights when the right flipper button is pressed?

EMI?

Owner said software fixes were being looked at, but surely this is hardware?

If software fixes are being looked at, it's presumably not a one off. Are all newer games effected, or just some? Older examples?

-----

Is there something you can do to stop the Xeno mouth extending when the magnet on the pf is not successful at grabbing the ball?

It had about a 50% success rate at stopping the ball. The mouth extends regardless. Eventually the proboscis is going to take a heavy ball hit and break. Though eventually could be just one game.

Maybe you can increase the power of the pf magnet to make sure it works, if there is no detection method?

#19331 6 years ago

Anybody else losing their Facehugger Tails yet or is it better?

#19332 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Fun to watch the Buffalo Pinball stream tonight! Thanks to lodgingdolphin, kevinbuffalo, et al for hosting! I hope Nick doesn't hate the game quite as much now...

Thanks! Nick said he had fun with it. I'm working on getting the stream up to YouTube now for anyone who missed it. Will share here once it's ready.

#19333 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I notice that Alien doesn’t have the option to lane change in the rollovers. Ferret was this an intentional design choice or could it be added?

#19334 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I notice that Alien doesn’t have the option to lane change in the rollovers. ferret was this an intentional design choice or could it be added?

This was intentional. Bonus can be huge on this game and we didn't want the multipliers to be too easy to get.

#19335 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

What is the thinking on what is causing the rainbow flickering insert lights when the right flipper button is pressed?
EMI?
Owner said software fixes were being looked at, but surely this is hardware?

It's a hardware issue for sure. The power from a held flipper is causing some interference in the LED data stream. I can't explain why it happens more on some games than others. I know the hardware team in Wales is currently looking at this.

There's a good chance that it can be improved and/or corrected with a firmware update on the I/O boards. I've been working on this angle and it looks promising. A code fix is preferrable of course.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Is there something you can do to stop the Xeno mouth extending when the magnet on the pf is not successful at grabbing the ball?
It had about a 50% success rate at stopping the ball. The mouth extends regardless. Eventually the proboscis is going to take a heavy ball hit and break. Though eventually could be just one game.
Maybe you can increase the power of the pf magnet to make sure it works, if there is no detection method?

There's no sensor to tell whether the ball was successfully caught on the magnet or not. You're right, it is dangerous to shoot up the middle with a free ball with the tongue extended.

Magnet power is already at maximum. In 1.1 code, the magnet will be started a little sooner which may help catch more fast moving balls.

The game code already disables the tongue if there is more than 1 ball on the playfield. There are a few cases where the tongue could come out during a multiball, but this is prohibited.

#19336 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Anybody else losing their Facehugger Tails yet or is it better?

Not yet

#19337 6 years ago

Here's the stream! Now edited to remove crazy USB cable audio issues

#19338 6 years ago

stream was good! Why did Nick play so little?

#19339 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

stream was good! Why did Nick play so little?

Thanks! He was driving back from his folks place in Binghamton from the holidays. Stopped at James’ along the way - last thing I heard before he left was Arbys so I’m assuming that’s where he went lol

#19340 6 years ago

LE#85 with black trims

IMG_3111 (resized).JPGIMG_3111 (resized).JPG

IMG_3108 (resized).JPGIMG_3108 (resized).JPG

IMG_3110 (resized).JPGIMG_3110 (resized).JPG

IMG_3125 (resized).JPGIMG_3125 (resized).JPG

IMG_3117 (resized).JPGIMG_3117 (resized).JPG

#19341 6 years ago

Nice! Everything working?

#19342 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

LE#85 with black trims

Can u post a close up pic with light of the LE Plaque? Would love to see what it looks like
Thanks and congrats on the game!!!

#19343 6 years ago

A great looking machine.....

#19344 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

LE#85 with black trims

does not appear you got a free upgrade to PDI/roman/magic glass.
so trim, a plaque, and a couple beacons.
how was your backbox LCD screen accounted for?

#19346 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

+ el side lights
+ Shaker motor

And large backbox LCD included ( $550.00 option not even available to early adopters, which his distro was) .

#19347 6 years ago

I hope with the first LE being shipped that there will be a significant Facebook update from Heighway Pinball coming next week.

#19348 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

significant Facebook update

About?

#19349 6 years ago

About the production status. Build size, details on contacting early customers for choices, setting expectations for the LE build process timeline for early buyers vs new buyers.

#19350 6 years ago

Had two separate christmas parties this past week - both filled with non pinball players and the first party was all about WoZ with Alien #2. The second party was all Alien with Woz as #2. My collection has a very nice Shadow, BSD and Met as an FYI. Those three were after thoughts to these two!

btw - my light issue is fixed (one bad LED was bringing down the chain). Helmut and I were talking daily so appreciate that. New LEDs should be sent soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,999 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 387 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/387 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.