• 27,033 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by skyknight320
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,416 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F1956BB2-B309-41B9-88AD-8D69A7FC709E (resized).jpeg
D1810112-9E6D-4EB2-BE51-E9771C4D85F3 (resized).jpeg
20200713_221348 (resized).jpg
3168EA4C-64EE-4FD5-92B8-6160631E481D (resized).jpeg
824D32A3-94C7-4F55-9973-37F66A3C4653 (resized).jpeg
BDC77088-A6AD-4912-9F57-E9E7B04241D5 (resized).jpeg
H57c4622962ed4f129e3a24c77c18c18fN (resized).jpg
IMG_7858 (resized).JPG
IMG_7860 (resized).JPG
IMG_7861 (resized).JPG
IMG_7862 (resized).JPG
EE510003-5EA7-4356-8DD5-FFD71C0D92E5 (resized).jpeg
AF40513A-84B6-4675-8AB6-8400C19A7AC5 (resized).jpeg
7B5C5317-4173-43C1-94F4-53227CB14011 (resized).jpeg
0F45C861-F947-4875-BDEC-3450C1EE5546 (resized).jpeg
A5F8F828-FCD0-488D-9D17-786D96194731 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27033 posts in this topic. You are on page 386 of 541.
#19251 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

i was so hoping they would match the blue in the poster

Yours? Sweet poster!

#19252 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I dunno man, YOU made the comment. I just get a chuckle at the late adopters coming in and pumping HP's tires for the first few days trying to convince everyone that you have something we all really want... then complete 180º a few days later.. i see you did it with Dialed In too! Your loyalty is as solid as a soup sammich, that's all. (Sorry, but you asked my opinion)

dee-bow you do realize you were quoting two separate people, right? delt31 and vividpsychosis? Your joke would only make sense if they were quoted from the same person.

#19253 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

If you liked mine the colour codes from prismatic are:
PMB-4104 with PPB-6016 on top

Your's looks great!!!!..far better than the green they show, imho.......may have to take your approach w blue over the black, if I can't stand the factory blue......

#19254 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So what LE transite do you get if you have the big monitor in the backglass?

alien-le-backglass-lcd.jpg

#19255 2 years ago

perhaps i missed something.
what became of brian allens original backglass work?

#19256 2 years ago

That's a sick translite.

#19257 2 years ago

ROCKS!!!! I'm inspired again......

#19258 2 years ago

That LE translite is bad ass.

#19259 2 years ago

I mean, if you're going to go with a blue theme, I would prefer this one:
47836b34cb9adf4388fbcd9e6b741bcb34e2a032.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ohRPiAo.jpg

#19260 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I mean, if you're going to go with a blue theme, I would prefer this one:

I actually like the other one better. Not that this one isn't really cool, its just that the alien doesn't look like he paying any attention to the player. More like just strolling by casually or standing in line somewhere.

#19261 2 years ago

063d5ba5af8b0beddb2f7d72a0091232593be21a1 (resized).jpg

#19262 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

its just that the alien doesn't look like he paying any attention to the player. More like just strolling by casually or standing in line somewhere.

He has quarters and he's waiting in line for his turn to play.

#19263 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yours? Sweet poster

Yes. It was a labor of love collecting the signatures. All very nice people.

-Jeff

#19264 2 years ago

He's looking for some tools to get the game working.

Quoted from Mr68:

He has quarters and he's waiting in line for his turn to play.

#19265 2 years ago

Is this a water color painting or cheap photoshop filter?

LAME_LE (resized).jpg

#19266 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

If you liked mine the colour codes from prismatic are:
PMB-4104 with PPB-6016 on top

Gorgeous!

#19267 2 years ago

The missing artwork should be a selectable default screen saver for LE when game is turned on. Another one matching the missing artwork on standard model would be the other one supplied. Allow user to put thumb drive into USB port to add their favorite Alien pics. I'd use the standard translite artwork.

^^^ This would give me a rise.

#19268 2 years ago

The baby blue powder coat is adorbs.

3830416fe36e98d7c941de559d673694bba3b8de (resized).jpg
ALIEN LE baby blue (resized).jpg

#19269 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The baby blue powder coat is adorbs.

Wrong, just wrong!!!! (LMAO!!).....

I'm getting the blue f**k it....have too many green and black games....if I can't stand it, I'll have my local shop burn it off and put something cool on it......WANT MY MACHINE!!!!

#19270 2 years ago

Oh gawd, no, Mark. Please don't get the unicorn blue. Nor the electric, baby grunt green.
After seeing the pictures, black should be your only option.

#19271 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Oh gawd, no, Mark. Please don't get the unicorn blue. Nor the electric, baby grunt green.
After seeing the pictures, black should be your only option.

Black the obvious best choice........I just keep hoping in a dim room, the blue somehow reflects off the blue EL blades. Green is out..have enough great green ones (WOZECLE and AFMRLE). From what I've seen and played, the game is very dark, so maybe some contrast might work.....

Wish they would have taken a closer look at the blue before they chose it.....I don't think I'll ever be happy w pure black, as it's too common...I'll stare at the blue, figure out the shade I want, and redo it.....when I finally get it, sounds like there are some electrical and other issues to sort anyway....so down time won't kill me (given how long I've waited already)....another NIB project pin....doesn't seem right, somehow.....

#19272 2 years ago

I don't want to spoil the party. But what I really do not understand is that Heighway did not adjust their color choices. Enough feedback has been given here after the first color samples were made public long ago. And yes, Pinside is not the norm but should be a good reference for Heighway to get a public opinion.

This pin deserves badass colors and some great examples have already been posted in this thread. Come on Heighway, you cannot please everyone but some color change must be possible?!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/385#post-4137530

#19273 2 years ago

Imho all three colors fit better than
the Green on AFMRLE or the Gold on GOTGLE for example and many other games. Let‘s judge when we have really seen them. I still like the blue best

#19274 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Imho all three colors fit better than
the Green on AFMRLE or the Gold on GOTGLE for example and many other games. Let‘s judge when we have really seen them. I still like the blue best

Comparing them to even worse executions doesn't justify the poor color choices they have made imo . There a so many killer powder coat examples here on Pinside that even on picture makes you drop your jaw of excitement But as always, personal opinion

#19275 2 years ago

I like all 3 color choices. I would take black, but green really pops and I like the texture.

#19276 2 years ago

I'm just making a prediction here since I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm betting black outsells the other two colors by a landslide. Followed by green then blue. That would be a good indicator that the color choices were not good ones. If the blue was more of darker, like a midnight blue, I'll bet it would be the easy choice for most. I would argue that AFMRLE green was actually a good choice, since that's what they sold the most of by far. The bright green in that case matched the lighthearted theme as well as the greens on the cabinet. We shall see....

#19277 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm just making a prediction here since I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm betting black outsells the other two colors by a landslide. Followed by green then blue. That would be a good indicator that the color choices were not good ones. If the blue was more of darker, like a midnight blue, I'll bet it would be the easy choice for most. I would argue that AFMRLE green was actually a good choice, since that's what they sold the most of by far. The bright green in that case matched the lighthearted theme as well as the greens on the cabinet. We shall see....

You're probably right...its just the cabinet itself is all black, except for lit side art....really wanted some contrast. I personally cant do green ( which is what I originally ordered) because I picked up an AFMRLE along the way w green. I think that green fits it great.....fun, Martian green. Some ordered black, which is arguably a better choice there too.

AlienLE has to be different for me, hence not taking the " safe" black route. If the blue truly looks like ass in a playing environment, Ill just change it.....but gotta give it a whirl..

#19278 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

poor color choices

people went berserk slamming the green on AFMr LE's and yet that's what most people eventually ordered after they saw it in person. Who knows?

Color choice is the absolute rock bottom, subterranean, center of the Earth issue I would be concerned about with this game. Tech support, delivery of games, viability going forward. Trim colors!!???

#19279 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

people went berserk slamming the green on AFMr LE's and yet that's what most people eventually ordered after they saw it in person. Who knows?
Color choice is the absolute rock bottom, subterranean, center of the Earth issue I would be concerned about with this game. Tech support, delivery of games, viability going forward. Trim colors!!???

And......the voice of reason.....

(ha....I'm still speaking virtual, as I don't have, nor been given a hard date on if/ when my game ships....) Sort of thinking (sadly) that many distro's will still get LE's in front of mine, as they want the game out, and maximize new money. They had better use caution w that approach, however, dangerous precedent will be set. I'm in to the end w my LE, but if that happens, this will be the only HW I will ever own, period. Don't care if they come up w a man on the moon pin......getting standards out for new $$$ makes perfect sense, and doesn't hurt (maybe even helps) the early adopters/ refund seekers. But if there are new LE orders that ship before the handful of us that have waited, supported, and yes funded getting the game to this point???? Hope they do read this thread and listen on occasion.

#19280 2 years ago

Consider the secondary market in your color choice and the narrowing of potential buyers. Unless that blue was deeply discounted, I wouldn't even respond to a for-sale ad.

#19281 2 years ago

I actually dont mind the blue with the LE artwork, but it its not 'serious' enough for the theme if that makes sense..

#19282 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Consider the secondary market in your color choice and the narrowing of potential buyers. Unless that blue was deeply discounted, I wouldn't even respond to a for-sale ad.

Quoted from libtech:

I actually dont mind the blue with the LE artwork, but it its not 'serious' enough for the theme if that makes sense..

Agree to both of these.....if its terrible, I'll change the color, regardless of if I keep it or not.

#19283 2 years ago

The blue trim belongs on a Baywatch. "Baywatch Blue" is the actual color name too.

#19284 2 years ago

Seems the only good option is stainless and get it powdercoated yourself.

#19285 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Seems the only good option is stainless and get it powdercoated yourself.

I asked Morgan if this was an option in my last e-mail....suspect I will hear next week....I'd rather he send all the hardware first, prior, then I can assemble when (if) the game arrives....

#19286 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The blue trim belongs on a Baywatch. "Baywatch Blue" is the actual color name too.

shit....

#19287 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No issue here and since I am out no concerns either!, just an opinion. But then again, when something is being announced everybody needs to .........only discuss the real problems

#19288 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Really? For under $200 you can everything powdercoated to your liking...even black.

#19289 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Really? For under $200 you can everything powdercoated to your liking...even black.

Yep, I know. But my time and effort is also worth money to me. And when I start pointing out items during inspection and negotiations, I expect a discount for the upfront work I'll need to do. Not to mention having my gameroom and my machine torn up for a couple of weeks is maddening.

I'm mean, I'm happy to do it, but at a price. Otherwise, the hunt goes on.

#19290 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yep, I know. But my time and effort is also worth money to me. And when I start pointing out items during inspection and negotiations, I expect a discount for the upfront work I'll need to do. Not to mention having my gameroom and my machine torn up for a couple of weeks is maddening.
I'm mean, I'm happy to do it, but at a price. Otherwise, the hunt goes on.

Honest question... are you really in the market for a machine?

#19291 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I think the buyer in the secondary market with specific color needs is the one who narrows his choices.

The seller will still have plenty of potential used market buyers who don't mind as much.

#19292 2 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

I got a response from Morgan within 48 hours with all information I asked for

Quoted from O-from-DO:

#055 is on the way

Congrats you hit the weak spot of Morgan. It is like begging on the streets. Tell the same story 100 people and 99 brush you off. But one, one person gets hit in the heart like Morgan who gifted you with a le christmas dream sending the rest to the spam filters.

#19293 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think the buyer in the secondary market with specific color needs is the one who narrows his choices.
The seller will still have plenty of potential buyers who don't mind as much.

I can agree with that.
Look, all of this began with the three color choices Heighway put out. In my opinion, 2 out of the 3 colors are hugely disappointing and for an LE machine, they should have done much better than offering these base colors.

#19294 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I can agree with that.
Look, all of this began with the three color choices Heighway put out. In my opinion, 2 out of the 3 colors are hugely disappointing and for an LE machine, they should have done much better than offering these base colors.

And completely agree....Im going blue or unfinished if they let me....I know what black looks like.....

#19295 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Powdercoatgate.

#19296 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I can agree with that.

I think Heighway wants everyone to choose black. Hence the other two crappy shades.

#19297 2 years ago

I would take anything at this point. The company no longer returns emails. I may need to go to Europe and pay them a little visit!! Terrible customer service!!

#19298 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Powdercoatgate.

The same discussion took place a year ago in this very thread after the flier with the same colors was posted. It's like pinball groundhog day.

#19299 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The same discussion took place a year ago in this very thread after the flier with the same colors was posted. It's like pinball groundhog day.

Yep....ended with "we'll have to see it on the games".....can't put my hands/ eyes on one in person, but is what it is....swear I like the blue the more I look at it.....

#19300 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

...swear I like the blue the more I look at it.....

And that's the only thing that matters my friend. Nothing wrong with friendly disagreeing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 399.95
$ 14,900.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
14,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 159.00
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 27033 posts in this topic. You are on page 386 of 541.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside