pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 385 of 601.
#19201 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I like the change to Limited Edition on the side panels. The 35th anniversary has come and gone

Completely agree......and a curveball on how I'm leaning colorwise........actually thinking I like the blue the more I look at it....

The game is dark, going to be in a dark room...the blue will definitely be a great match to the lit EL pinblades (I've seen those up close...they rock), and the brightness of the blue might give it an interesting vibe in actual gameplay setting.... if it's just "standard black", I might make the jump to blue....

#19202 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I like the change to Limited Edition on the side panels. The 35th anniversary has come and gone

Came and gone a while ago, but Andrew didn't want to take it off. I argued otherwise, felt dumb to me. Guess I won that one.

#19203 6 years ago

I got my AFMr in black, because I ordered my Alien LE in green, and I thought it would be way too much green in my 3-game collection. I'm liking what I'm seeing. It could probably still be a shade darker, but I keep the lighting in my pin area dim, so I think it will work out nicely.

Meanwhile, I keep reminding myself that every day I still spend waiting for my game is another day for The New HP to get new reports from the field and tweak the production line.

I know, I know, but right about now it's the best hope I've got.

#19204 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Came and gone a while ago, but Andrew didn't want to take it off. I argued otherwise, felt dumb to me. Guess I won that one.

You've still "won" imho.....a grueling course this has been, especially for you. If these things ever get out in mass, you get credit for the airlock change, and input from afar, throughout the ordeal. I choose to believe you will still get an LE at some point (whether you burn it or not will be up to you). Took alot of shit, and actually was a key part (unfortunately) of a subculture to the hobby.....

I'm an optimist, but with sound business footing. Believe I'm going blue in my "virtual" machine, and I remember you commenting ions ago after the EL blades came out that it would be a great choice.

Certainly been a journey for you, pinbud.....you have nothing but props from me......

#19205 6 years ago

My alien didn't come with sticker either on coin door. I bought a aliens magnet. Looks good

#19206 6 years ago

Is anybody else out there who will go for the blue edition?!? Just one commited til now? I really hope for HW that their third machine is connected to a bright blue theme Sorry for my

#19207 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I wanted the 30th anniversary of the second film, we just about squeezed in the timeline to that one.

#19208 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Is anybody else out there who will go for the blue edition?!? Just one commited til now? I really hope for HW that their third machine is connected to a bright blue theme Sorry for my

Just leaning, until I see the black....this will make mine even more collectible.....

#19209 6 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

Who needs an Alien?! (Not mine)

although at that price mine is for sale too...

#19210 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Wow.

#19211 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

That's not me.

#19212 6 years ago

If anyone wants to buy an alien se with blades and shaker at 8650, one is for sale lol comes with nib problems and invsiglass!

#19213 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's been less than 4 days and with the lights not working, back light and side either, now the mini tv pulling this, I'm out with this machine.

Quoted from VividPsychosis:

If anyone wants to buy an alien se with blades and shaker at 8650, one is for sale lol comes with nib problems and invsiglass!

#19214 6 years ago

So I just got mine today and it’s doing this can some one help me? It is completely not playable. The airlock screen is on all three of my screens and it should only be on one.

F33E2ACD-131E-4FD8-A110-D58D4EF2CADC (resized).jpegF33E2ACD-131E-4FD8-A110-D58D4EF2CADC (resized).jpeg

71140764-CF54-49E4-9690-04CACC1366FD (resized).jpeg71140764-CF54-49E4-9690-04CACC1366FD (resized).jpeg

#19215 6 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

So I just got mine today and it’s doing this can some one help me? It is completely not playable. The airlock screen is on all three of my screens and it should only be on one.

I know this is probably a silly question but did you power down the machine and turn back on again?
Is there a ball stuck in one of the vents somewhere stuck on a switch maybe?

#19216 6 years ago

Yup I tried all that.

#19217 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I know this is probably a silly question but did you power down the machine and turn back on again?
Is there a ball stuck in one of the vents somewhere stuck on a switch maybe?

His game isn’t recognizing any balls in the trough either, even when he presses the coins and presses start, even without using the screens so the ball thing isn’t it.

#19218 6 years ago

Dee-Bow you pulled a quote from me when I first got the game and has been fixed - what was the purpose of the misleading comment?

As for the guy with screen problems, I would unplug the video cords from the CPU in the back and plug them back in one at a time (make sure they are plugged into the right inputs btw) to determine the problem. Looks like signals are just overlapping.

#19219 6 years ago

I have tried pulling all the video cords and putting them back in and it still does the same thing.

#19220 6 years ago

This post was a joke... Incase you didn’t catch the lol.

#19221 6 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

Shane, I'd say there's a decent chance a video cable is connected to the wrong port -- that can cause this sort of problem.

If you look at the side of the PC where the video cables plug in, you'll see that there are four video ports in a 2x2 grid:

1 2
3 4

Trace the cables... assuming it's the same motherboard I have (I hope so!), the cables should be:

1 = backbox
3 = playfield
4 = Airlock
(2 is unused/NC)

If this doesn't match your cabling, turn off the machine, move the cables around as described above (of course tightening them nicely when you do so), then try powering up again and see if it's better.

#19222 6 years ago

Also an update in regards to my xeno mech ferret bcd daudioguy, I noticed that when the mech mouth is not at home and I go into calibration or the testing area, it still suggests the position is 0 even when it’s pressing up against the inside of it’s mouth. So not only is it not staying put, but it’s like it isn’t even registering that it has been continually sliding forward. Do you think it’s a gear slippage/motor issue or something. Obviously it isn’t the switch or code like you all have suggested. I am just trying to get helmut the best info possible and for him to contact me about it to possibly replace the thing and I can send it out to you it’s or back to them or w.e

I have the same problem. I emailed Helmut on this. Definitely a flaw.

#19223 6 years ago

Anyone here Ever had any issue with the airlock struggling to shoot the ball out? Tonight it started to shoot out weak and now it takes like 4 or 5 tries. Update: nothing is loose the coil fires strong. It appears that it fires so strong that it shoots it straight up and hits the top of the curved metal at the top of the scoop and then comes back down. I’ve tried to bend it up and then it doesn’t go forward it just shoots up, hits the metal curve and then back into the hole, o tried down and it works but it makes the ball hop hard onto the pf infront of the airlock shot making dents on pf and then barely rolling down the pf... it’s almost like it needs to move forward and add more curve, it’s like the curve is too far back as the ball isn’t traveling along the back it’s shooting in the middle of the assembly and hitting the top and going back down. Any ideas? I have no idea how I would do that. Or perhaps someone else has a better solution?

Again I have the same problem. There is a design flaw in the aitlock kicker mech. Kicker housing is welded and you can't manually bend it so the kicker fires to the back of the curved part of the kicker housing. Also there is too much slop between the kicker and the coil sleeve. I have also emailed Helmut on this.

#19224 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Shane, I'd say there's a decent chance a video cable is connected to the wrong port

Do they even test these before they send them out? How could that be missed?

#19225 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Shane, I'd say there's a decent chance a video cable is connected to the wrong port -- that can cause this sort of problem.
If you look at the side of the PC where the video cables plug in, you'll see that there are four video ports in a 2x2 grid:
1 2
3 4
Trace the cables... assuming it's the same motherboard I have (I hope so!), the cables should be:
1 = backbox
3 = playfield
4 = Airlock
(2 is unused/NC)
If this doesn't match your cabling, turn off the machine, move the cables around as described above (of course tightening them nicely when you do so), then try powering up again and see if it's better.

Ferret we compared his cord placement to mine and made them match. However on my production machine it came with the cables at 123, no 4, just a FYI.

#19226 6 years ago

Are LE’s still shipping before Christmas?

#19227 6 years ago

The black trim is up on FB. I was really hoping the other colors were going to be a darker shade so black it is. Although I may ask for a refund if they can't be bothered to turn the machines on to play a game and check them out before they box them up.

#19228 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are LE’s still shipping before Christmas?

#19229 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

The black trim is up on FB.

so i like black most and i hope receiving mine beginning of 2018

#19230 6 years ago

Good news for all LE-Preorders: They started shipping yesterday!!! Black beauty #055 is on the way from Wales to Germany and will probably arrive on Wednesday or Thursday. What a wonderful X-Mas!!!

#19231 6 years ago

So what LE transite do you get if you have the big monitor in the backglass? The pics on facebook don't show the big monitor, just a full translite. it looks great but I assume some people want the monitor in the backbox.

Image1 (resized).jpgImage1 (resized).jpg

#19232 6 years ago

Thumbs up this post if you believe all Alien pinball games should have black bolts in the cabinet instead of shiny metal ones.

#19233 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Thumbs up this post if you believe all Alien pinball games should have black bolts in the cabinet instead of shiny metal ones.

Thumbs up this post if you believe all Alien pinball games should ship at least semi-working.

#19234 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So what LE transite do you get if you have the big monitor in the backglass? The pics on facebook don't show the big monitor, just a full translite. it looks great but I assume some people want the monitor in the backbox.

I believe it looks like this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/381#post-4125281

#19235 6 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

I would try one cable at a time. if you plug one cable into port 1 into one monitor and you get both images then its a mb problem i would think.

#19236 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So what LE transite do you get if you have the big monitor in the backglass?

I thought the decision was to give everyone a monitor instead of the Ramp EL lights.....

--JEff

#19237 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

dee-bow you pulled a quote from me when I first got the game and has been fixed - what was the purpose of the misleading comment?

I dunno man, YOU made the comment. I just get a chuckle at the late adopters coming in and pumping HP's tires for the first few days trying to convince everyone that you have something we all really want... then complete 180º a few days later.. i see you did it with Dialed In too! Your loyalty is as solid as a soup sammich, that's all. (Sorry, but you asked my opinion)

#19238 6 years ago

Something I noticed with the LE's is that the powder coated armor looks very durable with a texture look. Other then JJP I can't think of another company (until now with Heighway) that is offer high quality powder coated armor out of the box. Stern LE's and their after market armor look nice but its only baked on enamel and scratches very easily...

#19239 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Something I noticed with the LE's is that the powder coated armor looks very durable with a texture look. Other then JJP I can't think of another company (until now with Heighway) that is offer high quality powder coated armor out of the box. Stern LE's and their after market armor look nice but its only baked on enamel and scratches very easily...

That's not a 'hammered' finish per Hobbit Smaug, or slightly similar on some RZs. Stern Pros have textured powder, so texture certainly isn't special. As for relative quality, that is to be determined.

Are you sure Stern LEs are baked enamel? Seems bizarre in this day and age.

#19240 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thumbs up this post if you believe all Alien pinball games should ship at least semi-working.

Thumbs up this post if you doubt aliens exist.

#19241 6 years ago

Well, no surprise, black looks the best by far imo. Thankfully they managed to round up some black legs as well

Out of curiosity, has anyone asked Heighway about getting an unfinished set of the trim/legs with their LE so they can do a custom finish?

#19242 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I dunno man, YOU made the comment. I just get a chuckle at the late adopters coming in and pumping HP's tires for the first few days trying to convince everyone that you have something we all really want... then complete 180º a few days later.. i see you did it with Dialed In too! Your loyalty is as solid as a soup sammich, that's all. (Sorry, but you asked my opinion)

This is Pinball. There is no such thing as brand loyalty, and if you have it, you should stop. You buy a machine and you either love it or you don’t, for many many reasons. Being loyal has nothing to do with anything. You can hate one game and love another. You can love a game and then have it shit all over you and then stop liking it.

#19243 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Well, no surprise, black looks the best by far imo. Thankfully they managed to round up some black legs as well
Out of curiosity, has anyone asked Heighway about getting an unfinished set of the trim/legs with their LE so they can do a custom finish?

I did this morning.....keep trying to make myself like blue, but not quite there......Ive got enough green and black

#19244 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

...keep trying to make myself like blue, but not quite there

i was so hoping they would match the blue in the poster

Aliens Frick (resized).JPGAliens Frick (resized).JPG

#19245 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I did this morning.....keep trying to make myself like blue, but not quite there......Ive got enough green and black

I know what you mean. I already have a bright green AFMRLE so I'm not feeling the green for my gameroom. If that blue was just a little bit darker, I would go for it. I think that would look the best on the LE. As it stands, I think that all black cabinet and trim looks pretty good for the dark theme.

#19246 6 years ago

Another pinsider offers powdercoating using black with green or blue flakes.

Either are better alternatives than the factory LE powder coat colors.

fb6010b125d55427fceedc2df9248e7d497f7a98 (resized).jpgfb6010b125d55427fceedc2df9248e7d497f7a98 (resized).jpg

cc4bd41c398cb3bbfa19bbdbb925b6a1257483c5 (resized).jpgcc4bd41c398cb3bbfa19bbdbb925b6a1257483c5 (resized).jpg

#19247 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Dee-Bow I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed so I'll say this slowly for you. If you read my posts from start to finish you would know that I had issues in the beginning and they were fixed. It's embarrassing that you took my earlier post and then tried to make a thing out of it even though it's no longer applicable. Nice move. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to do anything. If you're worried about issues, I wouldn't buy one right now as many do. Dialed in was a great game an I enjoyed it. Will likely go back to it when the price drops.

You seem to be checking out my posts and stalking me to make comments. I know you have nothing else better to do but at least get that part right. I could care less about your opinion - I am making a statement on your idiotic post. You want to be a drama queen that's fine - but keep me out of it.

#19248 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Another pinsider offers powdercoating using black with green or blue flakes.
Either are better alternatives than the factory LE powder coat colors.

If you liked mine the colour codes from prismatic are:
PMB-4104 with PPB-6016 on top

a2 (1).jpga2 (1).jpg

#19249 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

i was so hoping they would match the blue in the poster

It does match the "I" to a degree. Ive decided I'm going for it....not like i havent changed colors after the fact prior....

When (if) I get the game, I'll certainly be calling my powder guy. This one will be blue....exact shade, texture, etc. Tbd....

#19250 6 years ago

i like that flecktone black. Ill bet that would killer with aliens blue in it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 385 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/385?hl=o-from-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.