pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 382 of 601.
#19051 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

1. When I hit the left flipper or hold the flipper I hear a loud constant squeal or high pithed sound from beneath the playfield. The right flipper doesn’t do it. Additionally l, it slightly messes with some of the colors on the inserts that are lit.

2. When I hit the right flipper there is no squeal or constant sound (so that’s good) however, anytime I hit the flipper or hold it, the inserts on the playfield, all over, go crazy and change colors rapidly. Additionally it lights up certain inserts that aren’t on and flashes different colors.
Here is the video link of the issue:

I/O software update (when available) is supposed to fix these I have been told. Contact support.

#19052 6 years ago

Many people experience the Xeno tongue issues. Not staying home, gradually over time of gameplay it comes down and the mouth jambs.

In regards to the stepper motor, example the spider in scared stiff back box or Smaug in the Hobbit. There is a low voltage applied to the motor in code to hold its position at all times.

This is not the case in Alien. Once the tongue retracts and the home switch activates the motor is inactive and the tongue is free moving. This is the issue that is giving many users problems.

This could be taken care of in code.

Just my .02

#19053 6 years ago

Also, maxing the game volume? I can’t have it above 5 without it causing sound to loudly go through my entire house.... the sound system on this game is serious, no idea how anyone anywhere could max the volume or even have it above 5 or 6. I can easily keep it at volume 1 and it’s louder than most pins I keep in my home. I have it currently on 3 which is, well intense enough and drowns out the flipper scream.

Agree on the Soundsystem I own Williams, Spooky, JJP and Stern and I've heard nothing comparable to what Heighway has put out. The sound system, amplifier and speakers in this game are amazing !

#19054 6 years ago

sound is so good I actually removed my external sub b/c it was too much. The built in bass and amp is perfect.

#19055 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

When stern had ghosting on xmen fixing it was just taking the cable ties off the wiring harnesses to get the wires farther apart / less interference/noise from neighboring wires. So if it were me I'd be looking for a place the flipper high power wires gets close to the led cable Network that's misbehaving and try to open some space between them.

Hmm, I like this idea, sounds like a feasible way to reduce it, mine is really terrible now on the right flipper.

#19056 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Many people experience the Xeno tongue issues. Not staying home, gradually over time of gameplay it comes down and the mouth jambs.
In regards to the stepper motor, example the spider in scared stiff back box or Smaug in the Hobbit. There is a low voltage applied to the motor in code to hold its position at all times.
This is not the case in Alien. Once the tongue retracts and the home switch activates the motor is inactive and the tongue is free moving. This is the issue that is giving many users problems.
This could be taken care of in code.
Just my .02

I hope they can take care of that in code, would be great because I don’t want to burn out the motor by keeping the xeno active right now. :/ it’s the main toy and having it disabled on a production model sucks ass when the thing is work perfectly it just won’t stay up in the mouth upon completion and then causes issues!

#19057 6 years ago

I hope they can take care of that in code, would be great because I don’t want to burn out the motor by keeping the xeno active right now. :/ it’s the main toy and having it disabled on a production model sucks ass when the thing is work perfectly it just won’t stay up in the mouth upon completion and then causes issues!

Probably quite a few number guys on here. Test out these estimates.

Odds of seeing a UFO - 1 out of 3 million

Odds of owning an Alien - 1 out of 100 million

Odds of winning Powerball lottery- 1 out of 292 million

Odds of finding a fully working Alien pinball machine - 1 out of 1 billion ???

Sources of info ----------
UFO odds provided by failing NYPost

Alien odds are based on 76 alien pinball machines made / 7.6 B population.

Working alien pinball machine is assumed to be 10% of alien pinballs right eleased to date (some people are more aware of their machine's failures than others and have adjusted/fixed what they can).

IMG_2090 (resized).PNGIMG_2090 (resized).PNG

IMG_2091 (resized).PNGIMG_2091 (resized).PNG

IMG_2092 (resized).PNGIMG_2092 (resized).PNG

#19058 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Odds of finding a fully working Alien pinball machine - 1 out of 1 billion ???

honestly, it seems the majority of issues from the new production batch have been minimal and if anything attributable to shipping vibration.

Are there any show stoppers yet? I se a few minor adjustments which should be expected (unfortunately) for pretty much every NIB game. Move some wires here, tighten down a screw or light over there, etc...

#19059 6 years ago

I'm not sure what it is about first 2 Alien films that they feel that bright colored trim is a good fit? That blue should have been darker to match the theme. Heck even the superhero universe has darkened the character costume colors in the films to better fit the times.

#19060 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

honestly, it seems the majority of issues from the new production batch have been minimal and if anything attributable to shipping vibration.
Are there any show stoppers yet? I se a few minor adjustments which should be expected (unfortunately) for pretty much every NIB game. Move some wires here, tighten down a screw or light over there, etc...

Agreed. Mine needed some minor tweaks and adjustments...nothing I wouldn't expect from any NIB pinball machine. Since correcting the minor issues with my Alien it has been running 100%...for quite a while now. Sure there are still some rare software glitches...just need the latest update.

#19061 6 years ago

Quick question. The company is not responding to my emails. Have others had this issue? I have no idea on the status of my machine. is Morgan still at the company? Anyone has an idea what is going on?

#19062 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why can't they color match the bolts too? The bolts look so out of place and ugly, so why make them stand out?

I love it! The shit you come up with cracks me up

I didn't even notice the bolts....then again, I thought the ramps looked fine too!

Keep 'em coming!

#19063 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have the newest machine from the newest production shipment, if you consider my machines issues trivial, then I guess you have low standards. New shipment 1 out of 1, no where near 100%

Is it playable and still great, yeah. But the bar isn’t set at playable for a nib 8250 dollar toy.

When I got woz, I had to adjust 1 magnet. When I got ghostbusters I didn’t have to do a thing, when I got mmr I didn’t have to touch a thing, both 100 percent. My game is at 75% right at just okay enough to be playable and still enjoyed. “Yes I’m upset, and yes I understand I’m being emotional”. /endrant.

However, I do wanna express Thanks to this forum for the people staying in contact with me and attempting to help in whatever way they can.

#19064 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think they should've made the LE black. Or a much darker black/green.
Had the standards been stainless, then there might've been legitimate LE envy. Black looks the best. They just need to have black legs.
How easy is it to remove the playfield glass if someone wanted to powdercoat the framing around the pf glass?

There will also be a LE with black legs shown pretty soon. Unfortunetly they didn´t choose a darker green or darker blue as an option to match the theme. The green edition will come along with almost "grass green" trims, legs and backbox-frame, so black is best choice to order.

#19065 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question. The company is not responding to my emails. Have others had this issue? I have no idea on the status of my machine. is Morgan still at the company? Anyone has an idea what is going on?

Morgan was at the company as of last week. They are just incredibly poor about responding to people. If you bought it through CT contact Melissa. She's pretty good about getting them to respond back.

#19066 6 years ago

Has anyone else with the rgb interference issue with the Flippers tried the previous posters comment about undoing the bundles of zip ties to alleviate the interference? Does that work at all on this type of game?

#19067 6 years ago

I have the newest machine from the newest production shipment, if you consider my machines issues trivial, then I guess you have low standards. New shipment 1 out of 1, no where near 100%

I 100% agree than no NIB game shoudl have any issues.

That said...just curious, is this really your only game? If so, then I could definitely see this as being a much bigger deal to you and being extra frustrating.

Reality is that all of your issues sound like things that will eventually be fixed but are more troublesome due to lack of experience. Your loud sounds and electrical interference stuff when hitting flippers sounds like you have a plug that is partially disconnected/ getting interference through HV line. I would slow down and start tracking the HV line from coils to see if anything is loose form transport.

The EL side panel issue sounds like either a defective EL unit or some interference again from wires wrapped together. For now I would just unplug the EL power supply and remove it form the equation completely while you troubleshoot other stuff.

your flashing different RGB lights thing is from vibration and not HV line likely. I would guess you have the same symptom if you lightly pound on the playfield. The GI and insert lights are all serial in nature and the RGB requires that multiple lines (R, G, and B serial lines? which come through the larger under pf boards) all have good connection. I would check around and find the loose bulb and reseat all the bulbs. Again the transport is hell on this and honestly this is a poorly designed system (although sounds like production games are more like FT was which was rock solid).

Your xeno head appears to be a physical adjstment. Either cables in the way ot just the actuator switch wire needing the smallest adjustment.

IF this is your first game, then time to get a local with some knowledge over to lend a hand. Yeah, that should not be done but reality is all your symptoms really do seem minor to the trained eye. I wish I was local to you as I would come over right now and try to lend a hand. I remember how frustrating it was when I got my very first machine, had not idea where to start, and had tons of issues. a Few years later and all those huge issues were actually very minor just larger from my lack of experience.

#19068 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That said...just curious, is this really your only/first game? If so, then I could definitely see this as being a much bigger deal to you and being extra frustrating.

Nah he has a Gottlieb premier Miami Heat in the back in the pics

#19069 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That said...just curious, is this really your only/first game?

When I got woz, I had to adjust 1 magnet. When I got ghostbusters I didn’t have to do a thing, when I got mmr I didn’t have to touch a thing, both 100 percent.

#19070 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

There will also be a LE with black legs shown pretty soon. Unfortunetly they didn´t choose a darker green or darker blue as an option to match the theme. The green edition will come along with almost "grass green" trims, legs and backbox-frame, so black is best choice to order.

Sad, but true, based on those selections...I'll have to repowder them when (if) mine shows up at some point.

#19071 6 years ago

He was in too big of a hurry to continue reading the next few sentences of the message. Wanted to get a jump on writing the 6 paragraph reply.

#19072 6 years ago

Mine is delayed - had to resend shipping info - bummer!

#19073 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A lot more can come unscrewed and wiggle apart with a game shipped via boat, moved around by big cranes, in multiple trucks, etc. We just had our latest shipping container of pins arrive from Italy and my game had a bunch of bulbs pop out and probably 30 screws under the playfield. Granted this is a 2000s Williams game that had been routed for years, then shipped, but it's amazing to see what comes loose during shipping. Gotta think that's normal with NIB games.

#19074 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That said...just curious, is this really your only game? If so, then I could definitely see this as being a much bigger deal to you and being extra frustrating.

This is bullshit! These games are being rushed and shipped out the door with no Quality Control because they know people are just happy to get them no matter what. Sorry, but there is no excuse for this! (yes, I had tequila!) Dilly Dilly!

#19075 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

This is bullshit! These games are being rushed and shipped out the door with no Quality Control because they know people are just happy to get them no matter what. Sorry, but there is no excuse for this! (yes, I had tequila!) Dilly Dilly!

I made no excuse, but pointing out that most of the issues appear minimal to me.
It is obvious what is going out is VASTLY improved from the pre-production games and issues on them. The new management has made some obvious changes for the better of the design and the majority of new production games seem to have minimal issues or non-issues in the eyes of most owners.

I agree that ALL NIB games should go out working 100% Reality is that that does not happen and anytime you ship there will be issues. Anything new will need adjustments or tweaks. The father the shipment and handling, the more issues typically.

I hope everyone gets 100% working games, but in the circumstance I dont think anyone should expect it

#19076 6 years ago

I agree...it just saddens me when someone is sooo looking forward to this machine and has a bunch of problems right off the bat. (sorry for rant)

#19077 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I made no excuse, but pointing out that most of the issues appear minimal to me.
It is obvious what is going out is VASTLY improved from the pre-production games and issues on them. The new management has made some obvious changes for the better of the design and the majority of new production games seem to have minimal issues or non-issues in the eyes of most owners.
I agree that ALL NIB games should go out working 100% Reality is that that does not happen and anytime you ship there will be issues. Anything new will need adjustments or tweaks. The father the shipment and handling, the more issues typically.
I hope everyone gets 100% working games, but in the circumstance I dont think anyone should expect it

I'm really hoping I can get mine airshipped from the factory to a local pickup point (as they had included as an option when I ordered mine many moons ago), as opposed to a long, container ride on a ship. Seems less likely to get shaken, damaged, etc.

#19078 6 years ago

My years as a Stern Dealer, only 1 in 4 new pins taken out of the box almost 100%. Most had something that needed fixing or adjusting. The one I will never forget, Tron Pro with loose flipper bats, & door sticker that had hit the factory floor installed. My 2 Woz LE's needed lots of stuff fixed, so 0 for 2, & Jack had done 1000's of them.

#19079 6 years ago

I hear what your saying, but this this is my 10th pin. I brought at tftc back from the dead and made it one of the nicest out there. So I can work on games when it’s mechanical issues (probably fixed my xeno tonight) however, most of these aren’t mechanical and I have gone over the entire underside of the pf and disconnected and reconnected every input connection both at the computer and boards, to no avail.
Unfortunately aside from the xeno mech being a mechanical issue, the other issues are things that others also have and cannot fix. Mine just happens to have it much much worse than others. The light board interference is not vibration controlled. Hence why the other flipper doesn’t do it ( same amount of vibration. Also the shaker doesn’t cause it or anything else for that matter.
I appreciate your response, but the issues at hand are attempting to be solved by code and other means by heighway.

The el blades aren’t bad, they work beautifully, the el power inverter is a cheaply built model and the fan or w.e in it is just extremely noisey, mine also happens to be much worse than others.

Regardless, even if you consider all that... it shipped without a useable power cord.... that has to say something lol.

Anyways, I had some people over tonight, we had a blast playing the game. Once again the world under the glass and the audio package are just head and shoulders better than any other game out there. Even broken to the extent mine is, the game is phenomenal.

#19080 6 years ago

so I was problem free until tonight. lmk if anyone has seen this:

My game ocassionally boots up and I'm given a UNIX type screen that mentions kernel and goes no where so I just reboot and it's fine. Tonight this happened but when I reboot, the lights for the slings and very bottom right corner went on right away and were white. Usually cold boot, no lights work until the software kicks in. I thought odd, so I turned off, unplugged the main power and replugged and booted up. Now everything works fine except for those lights - they don't work at all.

Any thoughts or anyone see this? I will obviously see if one light went bad and it taking the rest but thought I would ask here.

#19081 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

My game ocassionally boots up and I'm given a UNIX type screen that mentions kernel and goes no where so I just reboot and it's fine. Tonight this happened but when I reboot, the lights for the slings and very bottom right corner went on right away and were white. Usually cold boot, no lights work until the software kicks in. I thought odd, so I turned off, unplugged the main power and replugged and booted up. Now everything works fine except for those lights - they don't work at all.
Any thoughts or anyone see this? I will obviously see if one light went bad and it taking the rest but thought I would ask here.

I've had similiar problems and I was just turn it off and back on and than it would be fine. Once it happened and I switched it on and off and still did not work. I walked away for a day, powered it up and was fine.

The game is very finicky. I still have the problem where I'm playing and I'm usually having a decent game (something over 125 million) and than the flippers and buttons have zero power, so my game is basically over. It's frustrating but I just deal with it. It's also typical when it's been on for a while. I still love it though.

#19082 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I've had similiar problems and I was just turn it off and back on and than it would be fine. Once it happened and I switched it on and off and still did not work. I walked away for a day, powered it up and was fine.
The game is very finicky. I still have the problem where I'm playing and I'm usually having a decent game (something over 125 million) and than the flippers and buttons have zero power, so my game is basically over. It's frustrating but I just deal with it. It's also typical when it's been on for a while. I still love it though.

thanks man. I was playing it for some time. Ill check it tomorrow and I agree such a great game. Next to my MET, what a 1 2 combo.

#19083 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I would try replacing the USB cable that goes to the cabinet I/o board.

#19084 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

So boot up today and they work but the inlane 2 lights and light below don't go rgb. Maybe loose connection? I don't care enough to really look into yet as they work but I will sometime this weekend prob.

On a separate note - what is the definitive way to get a jackpot during ambush MB? I used to think you need to hit that hypersleep shot once the others are hit but I feel like I got it also by hitting the airchamber shot. Also - the red dots on the screen - I used to think I need to shoot for the location of those shots to get them to register during MB but I'm not sure it's that specific. Thoughts?

#19085 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So boot up today and they work but the inlane 2 lights and light below don't go rgb. Maybe loose connection? I don't care enough to really look into yet as they work but I will sometime this weekend prob.
On a separate note - what is the definitive way to get a jackpot during ambush MB? I used to think you need to hit that hypersleep shot once the others are hit but I feel like I got it also by hitting the airchamber shot. Also - the red dots on the screen - I used to think I need to shoot for the location of those shots to get them to register during MB but I'm not sure it's that specific. Thoughts?

I thought the super jackpot shot was also the hypersleep shot but on mine it has the super insert and it’s actually the inner orbit. So I think that’s it. I never am able to get it to that shot though while keeping more than 1 ball, so typically after one full wave I get stuck on ambush just attemting to set up that shot and make it. I’ll either not set it up or lose the the other ball or hit the airlock or hyperramp with the set up

#19086 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I haven’t experience that yet but if it happens I’ll post it on the forum. I had people over and we had 3 person games all night and the game ran perfect except one for wierd game play related issue. After about 2 hours of playing I started a single 1 player game and once i launches the ball and shot the airlock immediately, it automatically stated ambush multiball for non reason...also it was constinently ball saving way way after 5 seconds, but it was just that one game all night. I turned off game and reset and it was fine again l :scratches head:

#19087 6 years ago

Love the blue trim

#19088 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I was problem free until tonight....

How did you get the right up post to work? My left up post works fine, but I thought yours had the same issue that all games to N America have.

Jackpot is inner loop and super jackpot (after many jackpots) is airlock. Finally got a SJP in Ambush last night.

#19089 6 years ago

I thought the super jackpot I hit was the hypersleep ramp but I could be wrong.

#19090 6 years ago

How did you get the right up post to work? My left up post works fine, but I thought yours had the same issue that all games to N America have.
Jackpot is inner loop and super jackpot (after many jackpots) is airlock. Finally got a SJP in Ambush last night.

no mine I believe works fine - it posts and allows me to hit the eggs during those modes.

When you say inner loop you're talking about a shot from the upper right flipper but not to hypersleep but a little above that so it wraps back around the xeno right?

#19091 6 years ago

I just did ambush multiball with glass off, and after you kill the first wave, you will see a bunch of 3 or 4 dots all together which indicates the super jackpot is ready. At which point the only illuminated insert is the inner orbit or vent three where you see the “super insert as well.

#19092 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

no mine I believe works fine - it posts and allows me to hit the eggs during those modes.
When you say inner loop you're talking about a shot from the upper right flipper but not to hypersleep but a little above that so it wraps back around the xeno right?

Correct on inner loop. Inserts including 3, will be colored red before you hit the loop. The inserts start flashing red afterwards, so you'll know you made the jackpot.

You have 2 up posts at the top of the game - left and right. The left up post is triggered when qualified and you shoot the right orbit. The right up post is triggered when qualified and you shoot the left orbit. To qualify you knock down apc targets once. So qualify them and shoot a strong shot up the left outlane. If the right up post pops up for 4 sec and stops the ball above the rollovers yours works. For most of us this does not work yet and will be fixed in a future software release.

Quoted from Astropin:

?.. with my Alien it has been running 100%...for quite a while now. Sure there are still some rare software glitches...just need the latest update.

Maybe delt31 or Astropin can post a video of their game working 100% and with the right up post stopping balls as intended. Until then they don't count as fully working. It is a pretty major thing to be needed for accurate game play. I believe that all game stats will need to be reset because of: this issue, occasional infinite game, following addition of wizard mode, following confirmation chest burster switch is working correctly, following confirmation ramp enter switch on hypersleep ramp is working correctly, following confirmation 5 standup weapon targets register AND that Xeno head is working as intended. Combined these affect many stats and there is an option to reset all game stats.

Many people are still awaiting spare parts promised by HP. Helmut approved sending my parts 4 weeks ago now and I can't get a status. The software update will be released when 1) programmer releases it to HP and 2) HP says it can be distributed. So an update could have already fixed the right up post issue by now. Hopefully the programmer can be paid his machine before he chooses to cut updated code loose. Then HP will need to agree to let it go. Neither of these are expected to be a problem, but you never know.

Hoping balance of Design Team get their games soon too, so they can complete their effort. Only things I want for Xmas this year are email from HP with a tracking number and my Alien parts.

#19093 6 years ago

So, I just had a pretty awesome game, but something I noticed that maybe could be addressed in the code, is that when you have multiple weapons (I had all 5) and you go into a multiball, there is no way to see what weapon you are on and when you change weapons, let’s say because you wanna find the 2x scoring, it doesnt display anywhere on the 3 screens and it doesn’t say anything verbally about which weapon is being selected. I feel like a good way to use the upper pf monitor during multiball would be to show the weapons and what it does just like it normally does on the lower of screen when outside of multiball, that way we can see the scanner and see which guns we have or perhaps just the active gun. Additionally, it would be good to possibly have a verbal que as well when switching weapons. Press the extra ball button and hear “ Ithaca shotgun equipped” or something like that. I missed a ton of points because I had to guess which one I was on and I used my free ball save instead

#19094 6 years ago

So, I just had a pretty awesome game, but something I noticed that maybe could be addressed in the code, is that when you have multiple weapons (I had all 5) and you go into a multiball, there is no way to see what weapon you are on and when you change weapons, let’s say because you wanna find the 2x scoring, it doesnt display anywhere on the 3 screens and it doesn’t say anything verbally about which weapon is being selected. I feel like a good way to use the upper of monitor during multiball would be to show the weapons and what it does just like it normal does on the lower of screen when outside of multiball, that way we can see the scanner and see which guns we have or perhaps just the active gun. Additionally, it would be good to possibly have a verbal que as well when switching weapons. Press the extra ball button and hear “ Ithaca shotgun equipped” or something like that. I missed a ton of points because I had to guess which one I was on and I used my free ball save instead

More than likely your 100% working game isn't. Check all five of your weapon standup targets. A gentle push to each will give a sound and score a point on the ab part of scoreboard. If one doesn't it needs to be shifted right or left. Two of these targets can be problematic for coming out of alignment pretty easily. Left of the airlock and left of the right ramp.

When all targets work and you light all five you are awarded a weapon. When you win a mode you are awarded a weapon. The button on cabinet below your start button will light if you have at least one weapon and they will be lighted on scoreboard if qualified.since you probably have at least one weapon target to adjust, you never see that part of the game. Once fixed weapons are a nice feature. Good luck.

#19095 6 years ago

What? I have no problem getting weapons, or seeing which ones I have outside of multiball, it’s right there on the screen.... However, when in ambush multiball you cannot see the weapon that is active because you only see your scanner, and when you change weapons you can’t see what your changing too inside ambush multiball and there is no verbal que either at that time..

#19096 6 years ago

What? I have no problem getting weapons, or seeing which ones I have outside of multiball, it’s right there on the screen.... However, when in ambush multiball you cannot see the weapon that is active because you only see your scanner, and when you change weapons you can’t see what your changing too inside ambush multiball and there is no verbal que either at that time..

That makes sense and that is how it is coded for multi ball. No idea if that is planned to be changed or it is as intended, but you are correct in describing how it works. I'd prefer to see weapons stay lit and current weapon identified too, so you can see it during mb.

#19097 6 years ago

That makes sense and that is how it is coded for all. No idea if that is planned to be changed or as intended.

I don’t see why with 3 screens you can’t use one to show active weapon during multiball, it seems to me that it would be a great use of the upper left playfield screen when in ambush that way you can see your scanner and which weapon you have active. I just did it again, just now to test. 3 weapons, started multiball and no matter how many times i pressed extra ball (which was flashing) it didn’t give a verbal or visual que as to what I selected or what was active

#19098 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why can't they color match the bolts too? The bolts look so out of place and ugly, so why make them stand out?

I will go out on a limb and say that is is probably due to BOM costs vs value add

#19099 6 years ago

I don’t see why with 3 screens you can’t use one to show active weapon during multiball, it seems to me that it would be a great use of the upper left playfield screen when in ambush that way you can see your scanner and which weapon you have active. I just did it again, just now to test. 3 weapons, started multiball and no matter how many times i pressed extra ball (which was flashing) it didn’t give a verbal or visual que as to what I selected or what was active

Agreed. I just played ambush again and the lower left screen could be used to display scoreboard and resolve your request instead of showing door display.

#19100 6 years ago

I don’t see why with 3 screens you can’t use one to show active weapon during multiball, it seems to me that it would be a great use of the upper left playfield screen

That was always the plan actually, from when I first proposed the airlock screen. Since neither I nor the animator have received a game or frankly even played one it's the kind of touch that hasn't been worked on.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 382 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/382?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.