pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 381 of 601.
#19001 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Update: game was suppose to be delivered at 2 pmish today. Called at noon and because of snow last night and difficulty loading the truck they haven’t left yet. So new eta.... before the end of the day. Lol

they're making you work for it!! Good to hear it's still by EOD.

#19002 6 years ago

Happy to see SEs going out. I have heard that an HP update on LEs should be coming very soon for month of December. Its been a month since the last one. I dang hope us LE owners will see some update on selecting options so that these puppies start rolling out for early 2018.

#19003 6 years ago

So new eta.... before the end of the day.

If you don't have a tracking number, don't bet on it.

#19004 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

If you don't have a tracking number, don't bet on it.

Nah, it’s on the road to me. Not concerned. I’ll update when it arrives. Btw, I didn’t know the PSW10 sub was so freakin big.... Jesus.

#19005 6 years ago

Ferret can you drop any more knowledge on us about some of the 70 other updates in the next code wet our palletes a little.

#19006 6 years ago

Nah, it’s on the road to me. Not concerned. I’ll update when it arrives. Btw, I didn’t know the PSW10 sub was so freakin big.... Jesus.

Who is delivering it sti or someone else?

#19007 6 years ago

"Whet our palates" would be more correct, "wet our pallets" would mean someone is peeing on your pinball machine.

#19008 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

"Whet our palates" would be more correct, "wet our pallets" would mean someone is peeing on your pinball machine.

Lol. True. It’s been a long day. I need ya to cut me some slack lol.

#19009 6 years ago

The update should include the LE trim.

#19010 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Happy to see SEs going out. I have heard that an HP update on LEs should be coming very soon for month of December. Its been a month since the last one. I dang hope us LE owners will see some update on selecting options so that these puppies start rolling out for early 2018.

Heard the same thing

#19011 6 years ago

green (resized).JPGgreen (resized).JPG
blue  (resized).JPGblue (resized).JPG
black (resized).JPGblack (resized).JPG

#19012 6 years ago

Update: game will be arriving in 30 minutes!!!!

#19013 6 years ago

Update: game will be arriving in 30 minutes!!!!

Who is the shipping company?

#19014 6 years ago

Lol. True. It’s been a long day. I need ya to cut me some slack lol.

I'm having a delt-deja vu

#19015 6 years ago

Alright, well... I am going to do a full write up of my experience tomorrow. Right now, my Alien is using my Computer power cable as a power cable because Heighway only sent me a cable for Europe and no adapter. Lol.

Moving on, I have three possible issues with my game. Nothing game breaking as I’ve been playing it all night, however I really wanna hear from others with the game and from @ferret.

1. When I hit the left flipper or hold the flipper I hear a loud constant squeal or high pithed sound from beneath the playfield. The right flipper doesn’t do it. Additionally l, it slightly messes with some of the colors on the inserts that are lit.

Here is the video link of the issue:

2. When I hit the right flipper there is no squeal or constant sound (so that’s good) however, anytime I hit the flipper or hold it, the inserts on the playfield, all over, go crazy and change colors rapidly. Additionally it lights up certain inserts that aren’t on and flashes different colors.

3. Last but not least, my xenomorph appears to have issues. in tests it goes in and out just fine. The issue is after the magnet comes out and goes back it, it then doesn’t stay in. It falls out of the home position and either gets lodged behind the jaw Mech or stops the jaw from closing because it fell out far enough to be infront of the closed jaw position.

Here is a link to the video of the issue.

If the links don’t work for whatever reason, my name on YouTube is “VividPsychosis G”.
Look forward to hearing about what’s going on.... thank you.

Meanwhile, back to playing...

#19016 6 years ago

Alright, well... I am going to do a full write up of my experience tomorrow. Right now, my Alien is using my Computer power cable as a power cable because Heighway only sent me a cable for Europe and no adapter. Lol.
Moving on, I have three possible issues with my game. Nothing game breaking as I’ve been playing it all night, however I really wanna hear from others with the game and from ferret.
1. When I hit the left flipper or hold the flipper I hear a loud constant squeal or high pithed sound from beneath the playfield. The right flipper doesn’t do it. Additionally l, it slightly messes with some of the colors on the inserts that are lit.

» YouTube video
2. When I hit the right flipper there is no squeal or constant sound (so that’s good) however, anytime I hit the flipper or hold it, the inserts on the playfield, all over, go crazy and change colors rapidly. Additionally it lights up certain inserts that aren’t on and flashes different colors.
» YouTube video
3. Last but not least, my xenomorph appears to have issues. in tests it goes in and out just fine. The issue is after the magnet comes out and goes back it, it then doesn’t stay in. It falls out of the home position and either gets lodged behind the jaw Mech or stops the jaw from closing because it fell out far enough to be infront of the closed jaw position.
Here is a link to the video of the issue.
» YouTube video
If the links don’t work for whatever reason, my name on YouTube is “VividPsychosis G”.
Look forward to hearing about what’s going on.... thank you.
Meanwhile, back to playing...</

Zeno is an easy fix i believe.
The metal tongue is hitting the wire harness that goes to the backbox when it retracts.
Move the harness out of the way to the far left and this issue should be resolved

#19017 6 years ago

The metal tongue is hitting the wire harness that goes to the backbox when it retracts.
Move the harness out of the way to the far left and this issue should be resolved

#19018 6 years ago

I would also try reseating the USB cables on both ends that are going to the 3 main IO boards for the lights flickering

#19019 6 years ago

Sound coming from holding left flipper up will be resolved with a new firmware update. It is not signaling an issue and there is nothing to do for it now.

#19020 6 years ago

Here is a photo of the correct harness location

IMG_2048 (resized).JPGIMG_2048 (resized).JPG

#19021 6 years ago

The lights flickering when the flippers are active is an electrical noise issue with the serial LEDs. I believe it can be fixed or minimized.

#19022 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The lights flickering when the flippers are active is an electrical noise issue with the serial LEDs. I believe it can be fixed or minimized.

How do I do that? It is so bad on the right Flipper, it changes the colors of all my objectives so I can’t see them clearly and in multiball it’s a nightmare.

#19023 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sound coming from holding left flipper up will be resolved with a new firmware update. It is not signaling an issue and there is nothing to do for it now.

Okay, thank you. Are all of yours that loud?

#19024 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I’ll check but somehow I doubt it, I had the playfield up and Out a bit when running the tests last night too and it was still doing it. But here’s to hoping you are right!

#19025 6 years ago

I’ll check but somehow I doubt it, I had the playfield up and Out a bit when running the tests last night too and it was still doing it. But here’s to hoping you are right!

Try it now
I had the same issue when I recieved mine and that was the culprit

#19026 6 years ago

xeno is almost for sure just a physical adjustment of some sort.

I would also check harness first.
Do NOT ever force the mech with power on. power off and it shoudl move smoothly if you need to make adjustments to actuator arm/switch.

#19027 6 years ago

Vivid the colors changing when pressing flippers like others mentioned it's electrical static and should be addressed during next code update. Some have it worse than others.

#19028 6 years ago

When stern had ghosting on xmen fixing it was just taking the cable ties off the wiring harnesses to get the wires farther apart / less interference/noise from neighboring wires. So if it were me I'd be looking for a place the flipper high power wires gets close to the led cable Network that's misbehaving and try to open some space between them.

#19029 6 years ago

Here is another possible issue I believe... my pc sound like a vacuum when you turn it on and it remains that way...Mine only gets better when the coin door is open and then it stops completely... I don’t believe it sounded like this for the first few hours last night.

It’s loud, like, You can hear it outside of the room I am in and clearly loud

#19030 6 years ago

Here is another possible issue I believe... my pc sound like a vacuum when you turn it on and it remains that way...Mine only gets better when the coin door is open and then it stops completely... I don’t believe it sounded like this for the first few hours last night.
It’s loud, like, You can hear it outside of the room I am in and clearly, loud
» YouTube video

#19031 6 years ago

That sounds like a PC fan hitting some wires or some obstruction. Check the CPu fan and power supply fan, one of them is rubbing on something.

#19032 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That sounds like a PC fan hitting some wires or some obstruction. Check the CPu fan and power supply fan, one of them is rubbing on something.

Nothing is blocking any of the fans. But I did figure out that if I unplug the el inverter block the fan noise stops..... I lose my el blades but the noise is completely gone... I don’t think it’s the cpu fan which I can still hear minimally just like it should be

51F854B6-6316-4B6A-8C64-3C1A87941111 (resized).jpeg51F854B6-6316-4B6A-8C64-3C1A87941111 (resized).jpeg

#19033 6 years ago

Definitely the fan inside that inverter....

#19034 6 years ago

From FB Heighway page

IMG_2060 (resized).JPGIMG_2060 (resized).JPG

IMG_2061 (resized).JPGIMG_2061 (resized).JPG

IMG_2062 (resized).JPGIMG_2062 (resized).JPG

IMG_2063 (resized).JPGIMG_2063 (resized).JPG

IMG_2059 (resized).PNGIMG_2059 (resized).PNG

#19035 6 years ago

Yeah, that's all well and good, but let them get their fucking Quality Control rolling!

#19036 6 years ago

Why can't they color match the bolts too? The bolts look so out of place and ugly, so why make them stand out?

#19037 6 years ago

I like that blue! looks pretty cool

#19038 6 years ago

I like the translite. Im not sure on the blue.

I wish they would ship machines that work at least 99% QC is not doing well.

--Jeff

#19039 6 years ago

Wow. That blue is f'ugly.

Quoted from way2wyrd:

I wish they would ship machines that work at least 99% QC is not doing well.

+1

HP definitely could have benefitted from some more testing and refining before they started shipping these out. Seems like lots of little problems on many machines.

#19040 6 years ago

Don't hate it, but don't really like it either. Oh well, black it is then.

#19041 6 years ago

Blue looks good, doesnt make me think 'Alien' though..

#19042 6 years ago

Nothing is blocking any of the fans. But I did figure out that if I unplug the el inverter block the fan noise stops..... I lose my el blades but the noise is completely gone... I don’t think it’s the cpu fan which I can still hear minimally just like it should be

There is no fan, the el wiring causes a high pitch squeel through the speakers, try maxing the game volume and turining down the amp in the cabinet - helps alot.

#19043 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

There is no fan, the el wiring causes a high pitch squeel through the speakers, try maxing the game volume and turining down the amp in the cabinet - helps alot.

Incorrect... there is a fan on the el inverterbox I can literally block the air flow with my hand and knock on the box and then the fan goes crazy. It is not coming through any speaker. I disconnected the box and it’s fine. Needs replaced. Either bad bearing, fan inside is hitting something or bad fan.

On a lighter note.... I turned up the volume to drown out the left Flipper scream, and the hyper lock mech scream. I disconnected the el blades so the fan isn’t sounding like a Hoover vacuum on in my room, turned off the xeno mech and I am just listening to what the game says to do, so that the psychadelic seizure light show doesn’t matter as muc. With all that done, I have been playing and learning shots. The game is definitely different and the shotsare not where you think they are on the flipper. I have started to find them and this game has serious flow. Because my volume is turned up and I have added an external sub it is extremely intense and sucks you into the world. I have been between 10 and 40 million for the most part but I just had an awesome game where in 1 ball I blew that score out of the water. I had 2x playfield, ambush multi and sentry guns multi going at the same time! Wow what a rush. Check out my score!

8D0315AB-AD59-45BC-B6CE-ADAA3FB2654A (resized).jpeg8D0315AB-AD59-45BC-B6CE-ADAA3FB2654A (resized).jpeg

#19044 6 years ago

Here are some photos from last night

E61332AD-2B7E-4878-9EE2-C3CCB24DA6AC.jpegE61332AD-2B7E-4878-9EE2-C3CCB24DA6AC.jpeg

BCB89166-1B37-4DC3-9F8F-9063012EE591.jpegBCB89166-1B37-4DC3-9F8F-9063012EE591.jpeg

DFF34FB7-B063-4122-BAD8-7A3249A6F25B.jpegDFF34FB7-B063-4122-BAD8-7A3249A6F25B.jpeg

FF35F5E9-E3D1-4777-9C0E-B1E06FFA2708.jpegFF35F5E9-E3D1-4777-9C0E-B1E06FFA2708.jpeg

C45D407D-A255-400E-988C-55C963B62442.jpegC45D407D-A255-400E-988C-55C963B62442.jpeg

76A7933B-C39A-4EB9-8FA4-A50C489C4FF0.jpeg76A7933B-C39A-4EB9-8FA4-A50C489C4FF0.jpeg

4A29850C-2256-4E90-B1C3-70EEEB61AB48.jpeg4A29850C-2256-4E90-B1C3-70EEEB61AB48.jpeg

1FD5C9EC-773B-4882-846A-FA6B85BF1287.jpeg1FD5C9EC-773B-4882-846A-FA6B85BF1287.jpeg

66026317-CE2E-44CE-9721-DA18145FD23B.jpeg66026317-CE2E-44CE-9721-DA18145FD23B.jpeg

53970078-F648-4B95-B597-EC1E7B0CAB86.jpeg53970078-F648-4B95-B597-EC1E7B0CAB86.jpeg

5809D42D-8D14-4993-8CBC-D3BD3E2F4C91.jpeg5809D42D-8D14-4993-8CBC-D3BD3E2F4C91.jpeg

49F9D7D0-17A6-4CE9-892E-023C4FC755FE.jpeg49F9D7D0-17A6-4CE9-892E-023C4FC755FE.jpeg

5C98EE90-CFE4-4D13-AC81-AA72429600C3.jpeg5C98EE90-CFE4-4D13-AC81-AA72429600C3.jpeg

#19045 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Also, maxing the game volume? I can’t have it above 5 without it causing sound to loudly go through my entire house.... the sound system on this game is serious, no idea how anyone anywhere could max the volume or even have it above 5 or 6. I can easily keep it at volume 1 and it’s louder than most pins I keep in my home. I have it currently on 3 which is, well intense enough and drowns out the flipper scream.

#19046 6 years ago

Also, maxing the game volume? I can’t have it above 5 without it causing sound to loudly go through my entire house.... the sound system on this game is serious, no idea how anyone anywhere could max the volume or even have it above 5 or 6. I can easily keep it at volume 1 and it’s louder than most pins I keep in my home. I have it currently on 3 which is, well intense enough and drowns out the flipper scream.

libtech also said to turn down the volume on the amplifier. If you do that you can regulate the volume also more precise and setting 1 would be way less loud.

#19047 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

libtech also said to turn down the volume on the amplifier. If you do that you can regulate the volume also more precise and setting 1 would be way less loud.

Thanks, didn’t get to the end of the post lol. My B. Will give that a shot for drowning out other things I have going on.

#19048 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Don't hate it, but don't really like it either. Oh well, black it is then.

I think they should've made the LE black. Or a much darker black/green.

Had the standards been stainless, then there might've been legitimate LE envy. Black looks the best. They just need to have black legs.

How easy is it to remove the playfield glass if someone wanted to powdercoat the framing around the pf glass?

#19049 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think they should've made the LE black. Or a much darker black/green.
Had the standards been stainless, then there might've been legitimate LE envy. Black looks the best. They just need to have black legs.
How easy is it to remove the playfield glass if someone wanted to powdercoat the framing around the pf glass?

Really easy, it’s just about 20 screws or so... the glass system is pretty neat with the cartridge but man is it heavy. All my issues aside, the cabinet is amazing. It has like an exo skeleton and is built like a freakin tank....

#19050 6 years ago

Heighway should be paying Pinside for technical support.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 381 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/381 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.