zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 380 of 601.
#18951 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

You say you believe cointaker may be lying to you?.......well......Not that it hasnt been said before countless times hahahahahha. Fabrication and jumping the gun is their key business model, dont you know? Too many koolaid drinkers on this thread as they all have vested interests in getting their games....hoping earlier than others by drinking more and getting others to drink as well will put them in the good graces to get their games first. Just as many who've all been promised things as well that were never happening.....or that they chose to jump the gun and say things would happen before they happened and then never happened hahhahahaha (tongue twister there). You cant tell people their games are arriving end of week because you received a notice from Heighway saying they would ship out soon. You tell people that, only when you have ship tracking info stating ETA of end of week and even then, you only tell people that they're estimated to arrive end of week. Not making promises and then making up issues when it doesnt happen. What cointaker is doing is saying "we are shipping games out Friday" based on Heighway SAYING they're shipping games from them out now.....but have no definitive proof in hand of tracking or signed shipment disclosures or anything showing PROOF that they're literally on a container in route with an ETA or anything backing up their claim they made of them shipping the games out Friday (just making up a day). They love to jump the gun and I called them out on it when I was contacted by them about my experiences from them on here and got them to admit their error after the last numerous fiascos I have had with them....but its clear they're still continuing it. Dont tell people "definites" unless you have "definites" to prove or show. You can keep people in loops just the same by saying "we are expecting them to ship out soon, but nothing concrete yet" or let people track it by providing tracking info and only contact when you have games no crap in hand visually staring at them.

Can anyone tell me if that massive wall off text actually said anything coherent?

#18952 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Makes me real curious as to how they got one, as CT is the only distrib and I was told they hadn’t left the port. Mine was suppose to arrive today too.... hmmmmm

Ok I was informed that they've actually had their machine for a few months now, so it definitely wasn't from this recent shipment.

#18953 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Only for me at this point. I had an "agreement" (as much of an agreement goes with heighway lol) prior to ordering my LE from Heighway. It's supposedly on the ship with cointakers load according to heighway. We will see lol. No other LEs are being shipped yet officially to the states nor promised from anyone, mine was a 1 off per legal lol.

Quoted from Nethawk86:

.hoping earlier than others by drinking more and getting others to drink as well will put them in the good graces to get their games first.

Wait who tried to jump in line?.... Leave already like you said you would

Quoted from Nethawk86:

Yup...that's it....I am done with this crap.

#18954 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Can anyone tell me if that massive wall off text actually said anything coherent?

something I took away from @nethawk86s post was that as far as CT and delivery of Heighway games goes, this latest shipment is, once again, right on schedule.

#18955 6 years ago

Latest shipment is released and will arrive to CT on Tuesday....I don’t know who all is getting one from that shipment aside from me. I think this shipment was only of 7 games, but don’t quote me on that. As far as CT is concerned, they worked to get me my game as early as possible and didnt ask for full payment till last Sunday. So I have no issues with them what so ever. Glad we cleared that up. I just want my Alien like everyone else here. Looking forward to next Thursday.

#18956 6 years ago

Latest shipment is released and will arrive to CT on Tuesday....I don’t know who all is getting one from that shipment aside from me.

if all machines are not spoken for, it would be sacrilegious if whysnows replacement isnt among them.

#18957 6 years ago

Latest shipment is released and will arrive to CT on Tuesday....I don’t know who all is getting one from that shipment aside from me. I think this shipment was only of 7 games, but don’t quote me on that. As far as CT is concerned, they worked to get me my game as early as possible and didnt ask for full payment till last Sunday. So I have no issues with them what so ever. Glad we cleared that up. I just want my Alien like everyone else here. Looking forward to next Thursday.

I was told there were 6 and 3 following in a few weeks.

#18958 6 years ago

I think this shipment was only of 7 games, but don’t quote me on that.

#18959 6 years ago

If the games are coming by boat there has to be more than 6. Last time there were 20. I didn't think you could share a container...

Quoted from WeirPinball:

I was told there were 6 and 3 following in a few weeks.

#18960 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If the games are coming by boat there has to be more than 6. Last time there were 20. I didn't think you could share a container...

Just repeating what Melissa told me.

#18961 6 years ago

Mixed containers ship all the time, it's an LCL shipment (less than a container load). They can also take longer to clear.

#18962 6 years ago

you can ship in mixed containers but its much more expensive and risky as you dont know what it will ship with could be toxic waste i once had a pin shipped with shit loads of garlic and the pin stank for 6 months
shipping less than 20 pins is not cost afective you need to fill a container i also dont buy the delays all the time most shipping is always on time and the customs clear on the see not in port

#18963 6 years ago

Hi all

For you scandinavian people on this side.

We got one Alien se pinball into the biggest amusment park in Sweden www.liseberg.se

So for you who like to visit their "x-mas at Liseberg" this december , you will find the game in the big aracde game hall.

For you who never been at this place it is a 3 floor building inside the amusment park just with arcade games and pinball machine.

This is one of my favorit place to play a lot of nice games.

Its a honor for us to deliver a Alien game to this place, and nice to have one game out for every one who like to try it out before buing one from us .

liseberg vy 1 (resized).jpgliseberg vy 1 (resized).jpg

liseberg vy 2 (resized).jpgliseberg vy 2 (resized).jpg

liseberg vy 3 (resized).jpgliseberg vy 3 (resized).jpg

liseberg vy 4 (resized).pngliseberg vy 4 (resized).png

alien liseberg (resized).JPGalien liseberg (resized).JPG

#18964 6 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

i once had a pin shipped with shit loads of garlic and the pin stank for 6 months

Not BSD I hope

#18965 6 years ago

Added a new Friend for Alien
I was a little aprehensive, since only playing twice before a few years ago, but Full Throttle is a pretty sweet game!

In a home setting, the music on the game rocks and the shots flow pretty damn well.
Code is pretty Robust as well

Everyone who has come to play so far with the notion that this game was a stinker have all had a change of heart.

Check one out if you can in your area..
IMG_1880 (resized).JPGIMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1882 (resized).JPGIMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPGIMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_1886 (resized).JPGIMG_1886 (resized).JPG

IMG_1888 (resized).JPGIMG_1888 (resized).JPG

IMG_1889 (resized).JPGIMG_1889 (resized).JPG

#18966 6 years ago

Thanks for your support! I hope you enjoy many hundreds of hours playing them.

#18967 6 years ago

Does anyone have an Alien In Zurich I can try playing? Just over here a few days for work.

#18968 6 years ago

Ferret When the new code is released, will you place a link to download it here on pinside? As a new owner this upcoming Thursday, I am highly looking forward to your next release to fix those 2 major issues that have arisen with posts and MB, but also for the 70 tweaks/additions. I recently went to the heighway site and noticed that they don't even have a code download page for alien or full throttle.... I would assume the current production code would have been made available for download but I cannot seem to find it. With that being what it is, will they be adding a code update section with links? or will you be posting it here when it becomes released.

Thanks for the info.

#18969 6 years ago

For anyone who is interested (Rey at Tilt Graphics modified a design for me) and used my exact measurements for Full Throttle GameBlades.
I think they came out great!

IMG_1952 (resized).JPGIMG_1952 (resized).JPG

IMG_1957 (resized).JPGIMG_1957 (resized).JPG

IMG_1958 (resized).JPGIMG_1958 (resized).JPG

IMG_1967 (resized).JPGIMG_1967 (resized).JPG

IMG_1969 (resized).JPGIMG_1969 (resized).JPG

IMG_1968 (resized).JPGIMG_1968 (resized).JPG

IMG_1970 (resized).JPGIMG_1970 (resized).JPG

IMG_1971 (resized).JPGIMG_1971 (resized).JPG

#18970 6 years ago

When the new code is released, will you place a link to download it here on pinside? As a new owner this upcoming Thursday, I am highly looking forward to your next release to fix those 2 major issues that have arisen with posts and MB, but also for the 70 tweaks/additions. I recently went to the heighway site and noticed that they don't even have a code download page for alien or full throttle.... I would assume the current production code would have been made available for download but I cannot seem to find it. With that being what it is, will they be adding a code update section with links? or will you be posting it here when it becomes released.

My expectation is that code updates will be made available on heighwaypinball.com, but I don't have any more details than that right now.

#18971 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

For anyone who is interested (Rey at Tilt Graphics modified a design for me) and used my exact measurements for Full Throttle GameBlades.
I think they came out great!

Wow they look great

#18972 6 years ago

Attach32661_20171212_102032 (resized).jpgAttach32661_20171212_102032 (resized).jpg

#18973 6 years ago

snow (resized).jpgsnow (resized).jpg

#18974 6 years ago

I'm going to Disney World!

Disney2 (resized).jpgDisney2 (resized).jpg

#18975 6 years ago

Upcoming movie? Snow white and the 7 xenomorphs.

#18976 6 years ago

I wonder if this will affect the duration/renewal of the license to produce the Alien pin?

#18977 6 years ago

For those of you that have the game and added a powered subwoofer, what gauge audio wire did you use? Did you connect L and R? If anyone of you used a psw10, can you use a Y adapter cable from the line in to the amp? Is there even a slot on the amp for a connection to an external sub?

Thanks for the info. Trying not to fuck up the amp, bass, or game.

#18978 6 years ago

Any updates on the latest shipment?

#18979 6 years ago

So, update on my Alien Xenomorph inner jaw issue...

Found the small controller board had to be adjusted for power, however...the screw that is turned to adjust the power is completely missing. I have sent a few emails to their support email requesting this one part with no response. Has anyone had any luck with their support? I attached a photo of the power-control board.

DSC_0032 (2) (resized).JPGDSC_0032 (2) (resized).JPG

#18980 6 years ago
Quoted from Knightman:

So, update on my Alien Xenomorph inner jaw issue...
Found the small controller board had to be adjusted for power, however...the screw that is turned to adjust the power is completely missing. I have sent a few emails to their support email requesting this one part with no response. Has anyone had any luck with their support? I attached a photo of the power-control board.

addendum: found it is a simple A4988 stepper controller...found a pack of them. Will try!

#18981 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Any updates on the latest shipment?

Receiving my game tomorrow from CT.

#18982 6 years ago

Receiving my game tomorrow from CT.

Awesome - guess I'll send an email to check...

#18983 6 years ago

I believe they just took shipment today or yesterday. If your waiting on shipping from CT I would guess it would arrive next week as they don’t deliver weekends. Prob mon-wed but that’s a total guess. Just shoot her an email. Melissa is very professional and friendly.

#18984 6 years ago

I believe they just took shipment today or yesterday. If your waiting on shipping from CT I would guess it would arrive next week as they don’t deliver weekends. Prob mon-wed but that’s a total guess. Just shoot her an email. Melissa is very professional and friendly.

Just heard I should expect a call anytime now...

#18985 6 years ago

Make sure to post photos and comments about any small issues or tweaks out of the box that needed fixin. Trying to get a complete list to check off while settting mine up tomorrow!

#18986 6 years ago

Make sure to post photos and comments about any small issues or tweaks out of the box that needed fixin. Trying to get a complete list to check off while settting mine up tomorrow!

What do you mean “they cut the power”? How could they cut the power, man? They’re Animals

#18987 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

What do you mean “they cut the power”? How could they cut the power, man? They’re Animals

Lol, tomorrow is the day for me! So excited. I sent you a DM tonight btw

#18988 6 years ago

For those of you that have the game and added a powered subwoofer, what gauge audio wire did you use? Did you connect L and R? If anyone of you used a psw10, can you use a Y adapter cable from the line in to the amp? Is there even a slot on the amp for a connection to an external sub?
Thanks for the info. Trying not to fuck up the amp, bass, or game.

It's a really short run so gauge isn't very important. Standard 18-12 gauge speaker wire is all you need. I just connected mine to the speaker in the base of the cabinet.

#18989 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's a really short run so gauge isn't very important. Standard 18-12 gauge speaker wire is all you need. I just connected mine to the speaker in the base of the cabinet.

Cool, thank you for the input. What did you set your pass filter too? 100, 160 etc

#18990 6 years ago

I don’t know if this was answered before or not, but can someone post the measurements for the size of the pf lcd.

#18991 6 years ago

I don’t know if this was answered before or not, but can someone post the measurements for the size of the pf lcd.

vivid - I'm anxious for you to get your machine so that you can start answering all of your own questions!!! It's so close!

#18992 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

vivid - I'm anxious for you to get your machine so that you can start answering all of your own questions!!! It's so close!

Lmao, I’m just trying to prepare!!! I have the vinyl cling just sitting here waiting to be sliced and diced!!! I haven’t been this excited about a game in ages. I’ve had probably like 10 pins over the last year, a few new in box and none of them lasted or gave me the feeling of this game. but this is a grail theme and I just want to get everything laid out and ready to go for the unboxing tomorrow afternoon!

#18993 6 years ago

Lmao, I’m just trying to prepare!!! I have the vinyl cling just sitting here waiting to be sliced and diced!!! I haven’t been this excited about a game in ages. I’ve had probably like 10 pins over the last year, a few new in box and none of them lasted or gave me the feeling of this game. but this is a grail theme and I just want to get everything laid out and ready to go for the unboxing tomorrow afternoon!

OK just don't hurt yourself while opening the damn thing! Breath in and out. You will be fine!!!

Unboxing a new pin, especially alien - it's def a great experience. Enjoy.

#18994 6 years ago

I think you're going to love it.

#18995 6 years ago

Too excited!!! planning my road trip for an Alien fix...be forwarned!!!!......

#18996 6 years ago

the unboxing tomorrow afternoon!

Update? I'm getting excited myself!!

#18997 6 years ago

I have the vinyl cling just sitting here waiting to be sliced and diced!!!

My experience with the clear vinyl cling stuff is that it worked perfectly on the cabinet protecting from flipper button wear,.

But it didn't work as well adhering to the playfield after a few months of the balls rolling over it. The edges eventually started to lift.

#18998 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

My experience with the clear vinyl cling stuff is that it worked perfectly on the cabinet protecting from flipper button wear,.
But it didn't work as well adhering to the playfield after a few months of the balls rolling over it. The edges eventually started to lift.

I'm going to try this stuff out, let you guys know how it works out:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002AS9NBW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

#18999 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Update? I'm getting excited myself!!

Update: game was suppose to be delivered at 2 pmish today. Called at noon and because of snow last night and difficulty loading the truck they haven’t left yet. So new eta.... before the end of the day. Lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 380 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/380?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.