• 24,632 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,838 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
alien 426 (resized).jpg
74D4BC05-58B7-4918-940B-37C99FAB6017 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 493.
#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think you may be pleasantly surprised on code for this one. They may have just hit it out of the park. Im still in China so tues has come and gone for me

Only time and extensive play will tell. I'm in Michigan and Stern Tuesday has come and gone for me

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Had to make it...

Alien_01.jpg

I like it! This will be our new translite design ; )

#1853 3 years ago

If there was ever a perfect time to give an update on Alien pinball on pinside.com, it's today. After the whole GOT art saga, it would be a beautiful thing if Andrew had/could give an update/pic of Alien pinball. Makes no difference to me, but it would be a wise move for a young company, if possible.

#1854 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I find it interesting that they will let you choose what movie to play and that each of them will have their own wizard mode but there deff should be one last wizard mode for those lucky few that are able to complete both of them (not that I expect to be one of them )

An Alien 3 final Wizard mode.

#1855 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

If there was ever a perfect time to give an update on Alien pinball on pinside.com, it's today. After the whole GOT art saga, it would be a beautiful thing if Andrew had/could give an update/pic of Alien pinball. Makes no difference to me, but it would be a wise move for a young company, if possible.

Eh. This is Stern's moment, no real reason to try and cut in on it. Alien will stand on its own when it's ready.

#1856 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Eh. This is Stern's moment, no real reason to try and cut in on it. Alien will stand on its own when it's ready.

True, but the business man/competitor in me says, GO!

#1857 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Eh. This is Stern's moment, no real reason to try and cut in on it.

Are you saying you don't want to draw the zombie hoard away from its current distraction?

#1858 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

An Alien 3 final Wizard mode.

Good one

#1859 3 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Had to make it...

Nice job!

"In space, no one can hear you tilt."

#1860 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I say go for it. They screwed the pooch. And there needs to be some positive news.

#1861 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Couldn't just give a tease? (Gasp don't want to say it, but like Jpop was fond of doing)

Seriously Stern has fallen time to gain some advantage, David vs Goliath

#1862 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Couldn't just give a tease? (Gasp don't want to say it, but like Jpop was fond of doing)
Seriously Stern has fallen time to gain some advantage, David vs Goliath

Haha. Well since this is the Alien thread, and I can be partisan without being dickish, I'll try and sell you on Alien over GOT. They don't really compete, GoT will be shipping first, but it's the flavor of the moment, so why not?

Here's where I think Stern's strategy is a real failure: the Pro/Premium thing lets them offer a cheaper price, but it bifurcates their games in a way that holds them back. Let me explain.

Alien has 4 flippers. You can't buy a version of the game without 4, they're built into the basic shot strategy. GOT only has 4 flippers sometimes. You can use them for the miniplayfield, but you can't make that central to the rules (like say TSPP does). Since the Pro doesn't have them you have to make the upper playfield secondary. Or make the rules just utterly different from Pro to PremLE. Which is weird, and more work, and isn't going to help with code updates being timely.

Alien has full RGB lighting, every single light. GOT has RGB (inserts, pops, and maybe spots?), and only a handful of inserts on the Pro. So you can't rely on the colored lighting for the rules on every shot. You have to hold back on creativity. And I'm betting the Pro can only do 6 colors. I once asked Dwight Sullivan to make the Klingon Multiball insert color orange instead of red, so it wouldn't be confusing when you stack it with Klingon Battle. He replied that he couldn't, because the Pro can't do orange. Just the 6 colors of the main inserts.

If we want a mode on Alien where the GI dims, and then parts of the GI flare up orange, and the inserts around them go orange, and we simulate that part of the playfield being on fire? Can do it. And we can make that a part of the rules, because every model will have that feature.

GOT can't do that. GI can't go orange. Pro doesn't have enough RGB lights to do that (and probably can't do orange anyways).

I can tell you right now there's a mode in Alien that uses the color changing lights that couldn't be done without them. It's really cool to have them on every shipping game, you don't have to hold back.

Alien display: High rez LCD screen. Movie clips, instructions, scores and stats? No problem. GOT: Low rez dots. We haven't seen them yet. We know that if they try to use clips from the show they're going to be a smeary mess though.

Alien Standard is more feature equipped than the Stern Premium, for the same price.

LE is price competitive too (not sure exactly how close, have to see latest quotes, Stern just raised prices) but comes with the interactive topper, no $400 extra charge from the store. Comes with fiberoptic lighting, ala Tron. Exclusive LE art package.

Right now Heighway is simply offering more for your money than Stern. They don't have a cheaper Pro option, it's true. If that's your price point go Stern. But look at the GOT Pro. It's pretty sad without that upper playfield, it's like a whole different game. How is the code going to work across these two models? The Pro doesn't feel like the one to pick here.

Heighway is new, still lots to prove, and Alien is still being worked on and GOT is close to shipping. You have to make your own calls. But I think we're going to deliver a killer game, I'm really looking forward to the first time I get to flip it.

Also, if you're still reading this long ass post, you did ask for a tease. Hmm. Let's just say that I hope you like multiballs ...

#1863 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha. Well since this is the Alien thread, and I can be partisan without being dickish, I'll try and sell you on Alien over GOT. They don't really compete, GoT will be shipping first, but it's the flavor of the moment, so why not?
Here's where I think Stern's strategy is a real failure: the Pro/Premium thing lets them offer a cheaper price, but it bifurcates their games in a way that holds them back. Let me explain.
Alien has 4 flippers. You can't buy a version of the game without 4, they're built into the basic shot strategy. GOT only has 4 flippers sometimes. You can use them for the miniplayfield, but you can't make that central to the rules (like say TSPP does). Since the Pro doesn't have them you have to make the upper playfield secondary. Or make the rules just utterly different from Pro to PremLE. Which is weird, and more work, and isn't going to help with code updates being timely.
Alien has full RGB lighting, every single light. GOT has RGB (inserts, pops, and maybe spots?), and only a handful of inserts on the Pro. So you can't rely on the colored lighting for the rules on every shot. You have to hold back on creativity. And I'm betting the Pro can only do 6 colors. I once asked Dwight Sullivan to make the Klingon Multiball insert color orange instead of red, so it wouldn't be confusing when you stack it with Klingon Battle. He replied that he couldn't, because the Pro can't do orange. Just the 6 colors of the main inserts.
If we want a mode on Alien where the GI dims, and then parts of the GI flare up orange, and the inserts around them go orange, and we simulate that part of the playfield being on fire? Can do it. And we can make that a part of the rules, because every model will have that feature.
GOT can't do that. GI can't go orange. Pro doesn't have enough RGB lights to do that (and probably can't do orange anyways).
I can tell you right now there's a mode in Alien that uses the color changing lights that couldn't be done without them. It's really cool to have them on every shipping game, you don't have to hold back.
Alien display: High rez LCD screen. Movie clips, instructions, scores and stats? No problem. GOT: Low rez dots. We haven't seen them yet. We know that if they try to use clips from the show they're going to be a smeary mess though.
Alien Standard is more feature equipped than the Stern Premium, for the same price.
LE is price competitive too (not sure exactly how close, have to see latest quotes, Stern just raised prices) but comes with the interactive topper, no $400 extra charge from the store. Comes with fiberoptic lighting, ala Tron. Exclusive LE art package.
Right now Heighway is simply offering more for your money than Stern. They don't have a cheaper Pro option, it's true. If that's your price point go Stern. But look at the GOT Pro. It's pretty sad without that upper playfield, it's like a whole different game. How is the code going to work across these two models? The Pro doesn't feel like the one to pick here.
Heighway is new, still lots to prove, and Alien is still being worked on and GOT is close to shipping. You have to make your own calls. But I think we're going to deliver a killer game, I'm really looking forward to the first time I get to flip it.
Also, if you're still reading this long ass post, you did ask for a tease. Hmm. Let's just say that I hope you like multiballs ...

That's awsome looks like I chose wisely.

#1864 3 years ago

As far as the art goes ... I'm going to just quote myself for a moment here:

Quoted from Aurich:

Look, I'm not going to promise you that you'll like how Alien's art looks. I can't. You might not like it, you might think I didn't do it right. Hopefully you love it. I can't control that.
But I can promise you this: I've obsessed over it. I've watched the films frame by frame. Want to know how many scenes in Aliens have some interesting typography? Probably in the 70s, because I took 83 captures from it recently of all the UI and fonts and interfaces, just to keep them in mind as I'm working. I'm a huge fan of the movies, there's a limited edition Mondo print of ALIEN hanging behind me at my desk. I have a huge xenomorph bust. Toys, books, and I'm a long time fan of HR Giger.
Maybe I blow it. I'm not perfect. But it won't be because I didn't try. And GOT feels to me like someone didn't try or didn't care. And I wish they had, because I think this could have been something else.

Andrew is a huge Alien fan. I mean huge. I'm a big fan, and he makes me look casual. This is his dream theme. I signed on because I just couldn't stand not getting a chance to work with Alien. Working with Fox has taken time. Things have changed on the team. Full Throttle getting out the door took a little longer. These are all normal new company teething issues. This game is coming out later than some might want. But the time means we've been able to not feel rushed.

I'm really excited about the playfield changes. It's going to shoot better now than the initial design. Maybe it would have been better to announce it at this Expo instead of last year. But oh well, it's done, no point in worrying about it. Just need to keep trying to make a killer game, and update everyone along the way as best as we know how.

Full Throttle is shipping now. The factory is spooling up. The company is real!

#1865 3 years ago

Aurich nice to hear. Alien sounds terrific. Will hold off final ordering until I see more details and art.

#1866 3 years ago

Could you say that realistically GOT and Alien actual release dates are probably a year or more apart?

On paper, Aliens sounds like the better theme, better art, and better video display.

GOT could have great gameplay and programming, but don't expect that on day 1, as it will probably ship with unfinished code.

When is one of the new pinball companies going to offer the option of custom ROM programming? There are a lot of talented community members who could add extra aftermarket value and novelty to the games.

#1867 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha. Well since this is the Alien thread, and I can be partisan without being dickish, I'll try and sell you on Alien over GOT.

The best way to sell any machine is to show the layout, art, sound and gameplay. Showing any of this would certainly help your case. Hard to complete because they showed theirs. You have to show yours

#1868 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hells yeah! Along with everything else mentioned.

And one very obvious huge difference you failed to mention, a guy named Aurich is doing the artwork!

#1869 3 years ago

I'm not pre-ordering this, but will probably buy it when available. Andrew is a great guy too.

#1870 3 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

When is one of the new pinball companies going to offer the option of custom ROM programming? There are a lot of talented community members who could add extra aftermarket value and novelty to the games.

On a related point, it would be great if there was a 'jukebox mode' where you could play MP3s via USB on modern pins. Then we could play movie soundtracks, band music etc as appropriate for the theme

I note that the amp in Alien is stereo 2.1 and has audio jack in....

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All great points Aurich and sounds so similar to the old Stern vs Woz comparisons. However, the "Bill of Materials" argument fails for a large contingent of buyers who place theme, flow and fun above content. I think it's easier to make simple games like Iron Man have that fast, in your face action that many people enjoy, which fits well with Stern's lower BOM, popular themed machines.

Let me add that I think it takes great passion on the part of the designers to make a pinball machine that excels in every category (rules, art, sound and gameplay). As such, I'm really looking forward to you guys knocking Alien out of the park!

#1872 3 years ago

Aurich, thank you for that great description of what differentiates Alien from GOT. I found this on Stern's facebook page and boy does this sound like a big fat excuse. Make the games cheaper to help pinball survive. Total BS. The market now is a collector market and collectors demand and want all the bells and whistles.

Stern Pinball: "For decades pinball had several manufacturers... until they all packed so many features into their games that they were no longer profitable. Until there were none. Until they all quit and got out of the race.

Only Stern remained and continued the fight... raising the pinball banner above its shoulders and keeping the industry alive to this very day.

The modes and methods of the 90's are not practical and they do not work. We have learned from the mistakes... and as a result we are midst a massive pinball renaissance.

We do in fact strive to keep the prices for our machines as competitive as possible, by offering things like shaker motors and toppers separate as accessories we give the power to the customer to spend that they are comfortable with. Still, we have to ensure that Stern is setup for success in the months and years and decades to come. We are on the right path. Pinball is here to stay."

#1873 3 years ago

Let's be blunt- GOT Pro looks cheap but still overpriced. Imagine Shadow Pro without the Battlefield? Why have Stern gone so cheap? Garbage (relatively speaking in terms of value for money).

Fancy a 'Mustang Pro' with 3 wheels? It drives almost the same. Actually no, it's a shit car.

#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Aurich nice to hear. Alien sounds terrific. Will hold off final ordering until I see more details and art.

Totally fair, I'm happy to try and win you over.

Quoted from guyincognito:

Could you say that realistically GOT and Alien actual release dates are probably a year or more apart?

I would hope not. I really can't speak to anything date related though.

Quoted from chessiv:

The best way to sell any machine is to show the layout, art, sound and gameplay. Showing any of this would certainly help your case. Hard to complete because they showed theirs. You have to show yours

Agreed 100%. I don't really think of GOT as a competitor for Alien to be honest. But people asked, so I obliged. I wouldn't have done this in a GOT thread, that would feel unfair.

Quoted from iceman44:

And one very obvious huge difference you failed to mention, a guy named Aurich is doing the artwork!

That guy is a huge asshole though, you know that.

Quoted from Jvspin:

All great points Aurich and sounds so similar to the old Stern vs Woz comparisons. However, the "Bill of Materials" argument fails for a large contingent of buyers who place theme, flow and fun above content.

I think the difference is that WOZ was truly trying to do something new. And I think they did. Thing is, it was a "different" kind of game, and not everyone really likes it.

Alien has 4 flippers, but they all have real shots. We have magnets, and drop targets, and a spinner, and custom molded pops, and LCDs, and RGB lights and all that good stuff WOZ has, even a widebody. But we're not trying to play like a modern EM. We have real ramps. We have flow. Ask anyone who's played Full Throttle if it's a slow game because it's a wide body.

And on top of that I frankly think it's a killer license. ALIEN. That's why I'm doing this. There are very few licenses people could call me up and ask me to come on board with. I have a day job, I have my own mod hobby business, I'm coaching my daughter's soccer team again, blah blah. This is a lot of work. But ALIEN man. Couldn't say no to that! I'll do the best I can with the art, and hope everyone loves it. But at least I won't look at what someone else did and feel mad that I didn't get a shot to do better. I couldn't live with that.

#1875 3 years ago

I'm anxious for the Alien reveal. Great theme, solid art, Nordman layout and Pin enthusiast rules sounds like a super killer combo. It would be my second NIB, first being ST pro... meh.. not a bad pin at all, but not killer for me.

#1876 3 years ago

I'm more excited for this release now. Great info!

#1877 3 years ago

Anyone know how much shipping is here to the US for these?

#1878 3 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Right around $300 from what I've heard

#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

You pay shipping from Chicago only.

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

We really need a thread for this topic probably, but there is US distribution, you'll only pay local shipping.

#1881 3 years ago

When is this supposed to be ready to ship? Very interested.

The website says September 2015.

#1882 3 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

When is this supposed to be ready to ship? Very interested.
The website says September 2015.

Definitely not September 2015.

There isn't an official date yet, and I don't want to even give my rough guesses since it's not my place. We'll reveal more info as soon as we can I'm sure.

#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think the difference is that WOZ was truly trying to do something new. And I think they did. Thing is, it was a "different" kind of game, and not everyone really likes it.
Alien has 4 flippers, but they all have real shots. We have magnets, and drop targets, and a spinner, and custom molded pops, and LCDs, and RGB lights and all that good stuff WOZ has, even a widebody. But we're not trying to play like a modern EM. We have real ramps. We have flow. Ask anyone who's played Full Throttle if it's a slow game because it's a wide body.

I think once you get away from the typical fan layout you're going to have a "different" kind of game by today's standards. I prefer a game that's loaded with stuff so I'm excited by your description of Alien.

The Ritchie type flow fest is very popular today and I like the smooth feel of hitting shots on the fly and the sheer joy of comboing ramps that type of game provides. I also enjoy the more cerebral Lawlor stop and go style in games like TZ that seems to have fallen out of favor.

To me WOZ is more on the Lawlor side but I wouldn't classify it as a "modern EM" (and I own and enjoy EM's). An EM evokes images of slow floaty gameplay, underpowered flippers, overly random and simple rules. WOZ is not like this.

I guess my point is Alien's layout is different enough that people will need to see it in action.

From what I've seen so far:

Theme - Nailed
Art - Very hopeful with you working on it (I have your Shadow kit)
Playfield layout - very interesting
Sound - ?
Rules - ?

#1884 3 years ago

300 is not bad at all! I may have to re think this one. First nib was twd premium, was going with GOT next. May have to wait and see what this alien thing is all about!

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Totally fair, I'm happy to try and win you over.

I would hope not. I really can't speak to anything date related though.

Agreed 100%. I don't really think of GOT as a competitor for Alien to be honest. But people asked, so I obliged. I wouldn't have done this in a GOT thread, that would feel unfair.

That guy is a huge asshole though, you know that.

And on top of that I frankly think it's a killer license. ALIEN. That's why I'm doing this. There are very few licenses people could call me up and ask me to come on board with. I have a day job, I have my own mod hobby business, I'm coaching my daughter's soccer team again, blah blah. This is a lot of work. But ALIEN man. Couldn't say no to that! I'll do the best I can with the art, and hope everyone loves it. But at least I won't look at what someone else did and feel mad that I didn't get a shot to do better. I couldn't live with that.

glad to have yourself and Andrew and the other guys on this forum, I feel we can give feedback and I think that can make all the difference.

For example with Stern, you can tell them there is a total bug in the code and they won't do jack if they don't think it will effect their future sales. Almost seems like they don't care about what they sold already (unless it can potentially effect their future sales).

One thing I'd like to stress (I'm sure you guys know already). These are home games and we like deep games and Easter Eggs and choices. Like for example XM, while I'm not good enough to get very far, there are choices like do I want stacking on or off? makes the game play totally different depending on how I want to play.

I know with Alien there will be two sets of rules or two paths to start the game (totally cool) JD had something similar (with the super mode option). But I'd like to stress, the more rules and stuff to do the better.

I like quick games like IM with short rule tree, but I think an idea would be to have various sets of rules or options such as the game can play different depending on what you select at the beginning or what options you select in the menu. Just wanted to get that out to you guys, that with one machine you can have it play or feel different depending on the code tree.

Leaning way towards Alien now

#1886 3 years ago

also Aurch, could you explain how the LE works for Alien?

I know the beacons on the top, the LE wire (can be added to the regular), the different trim. How do the different art work do you get one set or both LE and regular?

#1887 3 years ago

Man, I am SO trying to not order Alien. $6400 is a LOT of money when you're moving into a new home that was just built (move in is 12 October-ish). MAN.........Alien is going to decimate ANYTHING Stern has done since this hackneyed pro-premium-LE bullcrap.

#1888 3 years ago

So, I watched both Alien and Aliens last week (crazy enough, not in that order). Man, there is some great material to choose from that can be implemented in a pin.

It was fun watching these again, it had been awhile. Both are great films, although they are actually quite different. I have a preference for the original, as I think the writing is tighter and the acting was better. It was more a sci-fi film compared to the second, which was almost more of an action film than a sci-fi film, with more humor. I can see how some would find the sequel to be more entertaining than the original though.

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

also Aurch, could you explain how the LE works for Alien?
I know the beacons on the top, the LE wire (can be added to the regular), the different trim. How do the different art work do you get one set or both LE and regular?

This is my understanding, subject to change if I get it wrong:

The LE will come with the LE artwork set, and also the Standard art too. So if you happen to like one more than the other you can swap them. That's backglass and sideart. Both easy to change. The side art is on the same material as the backglass since they both light up.

#1890 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, I am SO trying to not order Alien. $6400 is a LOT of money when you're moving into a new home that was just built (move in is 12 October-ish).

There's no need to order now you know. I'm definitely not pressuring anyone into pre-ordering, if you want to sit back and see what we do first I think that's totally reasonable. Pre-ordering will presumably get you your game faster, but on the Standard that's it. I don't know the status of the LE sales, at some point they'll sell out, but I doubt it's close yet.

Quoted from RobT:

It was fun watching these again, it had been awhile. Both are great films, although they are actually quite different. I have a preference for the original, as I think the writing is tighter and the acting was better. It was more a sci-fi film compared to the second, which was almost more of an action film than a sci-fi film, with more humor. I can see how some would find the sequel to be more entertaining than the original though.

That's what makes them so great, they're really different movies, that pair up so well. The first is a suspense film, a horror film, and a more "cold" sci fi take.

The second is much more of an action film, where they don't try and repeat the same feeling, and let numbers feel scary instead of one creeping shape.

But they're both such great character studies. The people in them feel alive, not just fodder waiting to be carved up.

I love them both. The first has a special place in my heart for sure. But I do think that the second one is easier to casually fire up. It's lighter in feeling, more one liners and everything, not quite as oppressive.

But man, the chest burster scene is one of the best bits ever filmed.

#1891 3 years ago

Is the LE going to sell out or can we decide later?

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's what makes them so great, they're really different movies, that pair up so well. The first is a suspense film, a horror film, and a more "cold" sci fi take.
The second is much more of an action film, where they don't try and repeat the same feeling, and let numbers feel scary instead of one creeping shape.
But they're both such great character studies. The people in them feel alive, not just fodder waiting to be carved up.
I love them both. The first has a special place in my heart for sure. But I do think that the second one is easier to casually fire up. It's lighter in feeling, more one liners and everything, not quite as oppressive.

You said it way more articulately than I did. Agree, two different types of films, yet Cameron did a great job of still tying it to the original. Aliens is really a great follow up to the original.

I loved the gritty look of the ship. So much detail. The lack of CGI was a huge plus.

#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

this is my point while I know the two sets of rules will mesh up like if you finish one side you can continue to the other, but it's possible with the music and the pacing and action the two sets of rules can make the game feel different depending on which one you pick. And it's nice if you are not the best player, you can sample both movies not have to fight through the first one every time.

#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So, I watched both Alien and Aliens last week (crazy enough, not in that order). Man, there is some great material to choose from that can be implemented in a pin.

totally agree. the original was more tight and intense. the sequel, a mind blowing full on action film.
for me, the sequel ranks up there as one of the best movies ive ever seen.
did i miss reading any mention on an australian distributor for heighway?

#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's no need to order now you know. I'm definitely not pressuring anyone into pre-ordering, if you want to sit back and see what we do first I think that's totally reasonable. Pre-ordering will presumably get you your game faster, but on the Standard that's it. I don't know the status of the LE sales, at some point they'll sell out, but I doubt it's close yet.

Trust me, I am immune to the "hype machine" that is prevalent here. I do recognize when a company is doing things right and actually listening to their audience, and that kind of action gains my respect and loyalty.

I don't feel pressured .

#1896 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is the LE going to sell out or can we decide later?

As a guy that is already in on the LE, months ago, I'm thinking you can wait.

If I were you I'd wait until a significant reveal and then decide. It's been a very long time to show anything of substance.

Theme, LCD, artwork, layout, toys, etc. seems like a give, software and code is a huge question mark.

#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is my understanding, subject to change if I get it wrong:
The LE will come with the LE artwork set, and also the Standard art too. So if you happen to like one more than the other you can swap them. That's backglass and sideart. Both easy to change. The side art is on the same material as the backglass since they both light up.

thats it.. im starting to search for mcfarlane figures for hudson, hicks, apone, bishop, ripley and the like to adorn my aliens playfield. : P

#1898 3 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

thats it.. im starting to search for mcfarlane figures for hudson, hicks, apone, bishop, ripley and the like to adorn my aliens playfield. : P

You'll find Hicks, and that's about it. Good luck .

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You'll find Hicks, and that's about it. Good luck .

i know..

but hey, no Ripley? she should be somewhere. maybe.

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love them both. The first has a special place in my heart for sure.

Totally agree, just wanted to add that I feel the exact same way about First Blood and Rambo 2 as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside