pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 601.
#18901 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I'm out. My shooter lane wireform busted and I can't launch a ball through the reduced clearance. I can still handfeed balls with the glass off, so will sit this challenge out.
I had a 2.4B point game last night when game was stuck in infinite mode and I eventually quit. An infinite game occurs when overlapping rules and timer setting coincide and you literally cannot stop the game. Drain balls and it keeps launching more. Makes you feel like a stud while playing, but it shouldn't count. No I didn't get footage.
I still don't see how people are able to trigger the Chestburster lane switch (lane beside the right ramp) from the lower left flipper. I make it 1 out of 100 tries and usually by fluke. Have about 30% - 40% success from upper left flipper though, and that is good enough. Only need to hit that shot 1 time per game to complete lifecycle or 3 times per game to start Save Newt multiball.

I completely agree with you on the Chestburster shot. Are you posts working properly where they stay up long enough on orbit shots during certain modes? Mine aren't so it makes it really difficult to pick complete life cycles because you don't get the occasional kick from the pops into the chestburster shot. It's easier for me to hit the cb shot when the ball is not trapped on the lower left flipper but even then it's a super tough shot.

#18902 6 years ago

Thanks to many helpful debug reports from customers, we believe we have resolved the infinite ball saver issue that y'all are describing. We are currently testing the next code version that includes this fix... I don't have an exact ETA for this update to be released, but hopefully it won't be long. (And hopefully it indeed solves this problem!)

Same code version also increases power to the orbit up-posts, so hopefully they will go up and stay up when they're supposed to, on all machines. Plus another ~75 improvements, large and small. Stay tuned!

#18903 6 years ago

Can't wait! Thanks!

#18904 6 years ago

Only 77 improvements? Jeez, talk about small code update.

#18905 6 years ago

From ball banging around a little in the cage - it broke tack weld on the lowest and next to lowest circles. As a result the top rail hangs down lower and eliminates enough free space to prevent a ball through. I think there was a bit of misalignment with the shooter coil plus one of the screws in the shooter lane holding the wireform tab in place was too high. Both are adjusted now, but I'll need a new wireform.

That sucks, but the fishing line should hold it in place for now. I'm not surprised the wireform broke because when playing Aliens the first thing I noticed was how much the ball bangs around in the shooter when launched. It's not smooth at all and over time this was bound to happen.

#18906 6 years ago

So, this post isn’t to piss anyone off, but I’m sure it will. Anyways, just got news today that some customs papers got lost or not filled out in time so my game won’t be arriving this thurs/Friday. As they haven’t even received it yet and it’s still at port *** the struggle is real!!!! I cannot wait, I think I’m gonna be driving 13 hours to go pick it up Friday if they end up getting it off the docks on wed/thurs. apdjjsosjfoalak! Must play Alien!

#18907 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

So, this post isn’t to piss anyone off, but I’m sure it will. Anyways, just got news today that some customs papers got lost or not filled out in time so my game won’t be arriving this thurs/Friday. As they haven’t even received it yet and it’s still at port *** the struggle is real!!!! I cannot wait, I think I’m gonna be driving 13 hours to go pick it up Friday if they end up getting it off the docks on wed/thurs. apdjjsosjfoalak! Must play Alien!

That's awesome. Go pick that sucker up. It's worth it.

#18908 6 years ago

wait so port as in America (NY) or still in the UK? If the latter, it's at least a week or 2 before it gets to the US. Sorry to hear.

#18909 6 years ago

Port as in US.

#18910 6 years ago

Did you get the ship tracking info? It was fun to watch mine sail into NYC. Wolfmarsh even found a harbor webcam stream.

#18911 6 years ago

Nope, I was told Friday to pay in full as my game would arrive to CT on Monday. Something happened with custom papers and it’s still at dock instead of on a truck to my house lol. So I figured I would go pick it up from CT on Friday if they can get it to arrive there by then. I didn’t wanna wait till next weekend as I have 3 days off this weekend and would much prefer to have it sooner than later. If CT let’s me know tomorrow they they got the games released and will have them by Friday I will make the trip from Richmond.

#18912 6 years ago

Nope, I was told Friday to pay in full as my game would arrive to CT on Monday. Something happened with custom papers and it’s still at dock instead of on a truck to my house lol. So I figured I would go pick it up from CT on Friday if they can get it to arrive there by then. I didn’t wanna wait till next weekend as I have 3 days off this weekend and would much prefer to have it sooner than later. If CT let’s me know tomorrow they they got the games released and will have them by Friday I will make the trip from Richmond.

You sound like me - driven. Good move. If it's in the US - get it asap! Enjoy

#18913 6 years ago

You guys rocking the Standards are making me drool...hope you're aware... .....every one that shows, makes my LE one day closer to the gameroom..won't lie...the wait is absolutely agonizing at this point....congrats to the new owners.

#18914 6 years ago

Mk6 you don’t live too far. If you wanna come by and play, I do have a guest room. Lol beer, alien and pizza. just sayin. I could help scratch that itch. I cannot imagine how it must feel to have been waiting so long. I only hope that the money from our standards ensures that the Company stays open and that you guys are made whole from it.

Mine will have EL blades, shaker, pinstadium kit with gi integration, and invsiglass

#18915 6 years ago

I do have a guest room. Lol beer, alien and pizza

Hell for that offer im gonna trek from Texas

-Jeff

#18916 6 years ago

Mk6 you don’t live too far. If you wanna come by and play, I do have a guest room. Lol beer, alien and pizza. just sayin. I could help scratch that itch. I cannot imagine how it must feel to have been waiting so long. I only hope that the money from our standards ensures that the Company stays open and that you guys are made whole from it.
Mine will have EL blades, shaker, pinstadium kit sigh gi integration, and invsiglass

Thats IT!!!! packing a bag now...I sense a field-trip very soon.....thanks man!!!!

#18917 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Hell for that offer im gonna trek from Texas
-Jeff

I'm calling dibs on the better side of his couch.. Will be bringing beer reinforcements, along with other, required adult beverages. Kneissl had me over once....almost didn't leave.....the combo Vivid has is going to give me the fix I need........

#18918 6 years ago

The invite is extended to any member of this forum that is awaiting a game. I’d love to have you guys by. All these Pinball peeps in Richmond have no love for this game. Calling it clunky and w.e. I have a party posted for it to show off the game and out of a bunch of people only like 3 said yes lol. Anyways, having people over that are aliens fans and getting to help alleviate the pain of waiting years and just have a kick ass time is something I’d love to do. My wife don’t play really, so bring it! In regards to the pinstadium kit. It is gonna be a few weeks. I guess he is out of stock.

#18919 6 years ago

I'm down for Asheville too. Great beer scene

#18920 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I'm down for Asheville too. Great beer scene

Richmond is a massive craft beer city/scene. We also have like 3 craft beer breweries with pinball machines and a barcade with beer pins and arcades and we have a Pinball collective with my league mates and about 20 pins there

#18921 6 years ago

The invite is extended to any member of this forum that is awaiting a game. I’d love to have you guys by. All these Pinball peeps in Richmond have no love for this game. Calling it clunky and w.e. I have a party posted for it to show off the game and out of a bunch of people only like 3 said yes lol. Anyways, having people over that are aliens fans and getting to help alleviate the pain of waiting years and just have a kick ass time is something I’d love to do. My wife don’t play really, so bring it! In regards to the pinstadium kit. It is gonna be a few weeks. I guess he is out of stock.

I also ordered the pinstadiumlights for my Alien. Looking forward to trying it out.

#18922 6 years ago

That is way cool of you.....Im not there yet w the pinstadium, but all of your other adds are spot on. Very excited for you, and looking for some windows in my schedule now....

#18923 6 years ago

What version did you order? Was it the LE? Asking because I ordered an LE from Coin Taker and was wondering if those have started to ship (I still haven't heard from them). Sorry if it's been discussed already. I'm about 50 pages on this thread behind.

#18924 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

What version did you order? Was it the LE? Asking because I ordered an LE from Coin Taker and was wondering if those have started to ship (I still haven't heard from them). Sorry if it's been discussed already. I'm about 50 pages on this thread behind.

Just a standard for me.

#18925 6 years ago

Just a standard for me.

Gotcha - so the LEs are still probably at least a few months out.

#18926 6 years ago

I’d love to have you guys by. All these Pinball peeps in Richmond have no love for this game. Calling it clunky and w.e. I have a party posted for it to show off the game and out of a bunch of people only like 3 said yes lol.

Sounds like it's time for new friends....they're fricking nuts o____o

#18927 6 years ago

Hopefully the shipment isn't getting a full customs inspection. That happened with one of our shipping containers of pins from Italy about a year ago. They held it for like 5 days and charged us to have it driven to and from their warehouse, plus the shipping company charged us for the extra days we had the container. The inspection ended up taking 12 minutes... I'm sure customs opened it up and said, nope, we aren't pulling out all these heavy machines.

#18928 6 years ago

Well, looks like fedEx won’t be delivering them till tuesday Melissa asked and they won’t let me take it from the port so I’m stuck. Probably wouldn’t have gotten it till like next next Monday, however Melissa called someone who I guess does deliveries for them and has it being delivered to my home by this individual on Thursday. Super nice to not have to wait can extra 5 days or so on top of the extra week, so I’m happy for that. Either way it’s not tomorrow, but shit happens.

See LE guys, even when the game is in the US, reality finds a way to slow everything down. Lol. Jk.

#18929 6 years ago

Love my Alien machine and added some mods to it already. I have had it a month now. One problem did arise where the inner-jaw magnet would not fully retract. I could not get the thing to calibrate after 2 weeks so had to disable it. Has anyone else ran into the issue with the xenomorph assembly?

#18930 6 years ago

Huge Knights fan and Alumni. What a freaking season. Those last 2 games.... oh man.

#18931 6 years ago
Quoted from Knightman:

Love my Alien machine and added some mods to it already. I have had it a month now. One problem did arise where the inner-jaw magnet would not fully retract. I could not get the thing to calibrate after 2 weeks so had to disable it. Has anyone else ran into the issue with the xenomorph assembly?

Move the wire harness out of the way coming from the backbox

#18932 6 years ago

See LE guys, even when the game is in the US, reality finds a way to slow everything down. Lol. Jk.

LOL! The best jokes always have a hint of truth in them.

#18933 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Move the wire harness out of the way coming from the backbox

That wasn't it. It is the motor on the side of the xenomorph that has the axle with the gear-wheel. It does not retain its power on retract. Damn mystery. Ordered a new trinamic stepper motor from the UK, luckily it is a common part.

#18934 6 years ago

Logan Arcade just got one and is doing a release / tournament tonight. Looking forward to finally checking it out.

#18935 6 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Logan Arcade just got one and is doing a release / tournament tonight. Looking forward to finally checking it out.

Makes me real curious as to how they got one, as CT is the only distrib and I was told they hadn’t left the port. Mine was suppose to arrive today too.... hmmmmm

#18936 6 years ago

Makes me real curious as to how they got one, as CT is the only distrib and I was told they hadn’t left the port. Mine was suppose to arrive today too.... hmmmmm

It's quite possible they have had one for a while now, but only decided to put it out now. I have no clue.

#18937 6 years ago

possibly got it from Canada as well

#18938 6 years ago

There are more standards out there than what is being shared on a public forum....just a fact...the more of these, the better chance of LE's shipping sooner than later, and refunds being processed. Suspect we are going to get an update soon....

#18939 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

There are more standards out there than what is being shared on a public forum....just a fact...the more of these, the better chance of LE's shipping sooner than later, and refunds being processed. Suspect we are going to get an update soon....

I was only asking because he said they just got it today and that would mean it just arrived... there is only one distrib in the US and I know that shipment didn’t get released this week or I was lied too... if it’s an old standard that they have had for a while, then that’s a different story obviously lol.

#18940 6 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I’m going to have to check this out. Lucky me, it’s only about a mile from my house.

#18941 6 years ago

I was only asking because he said they just got it today and that would mean it just arrived... there is only one distrib in the US and I know that shipment didn’t get released this week or I was lied too... if it’s an old standard that they have had for a while, then that’s a different story obviously lol.

no worries.....I'm just sort of sure more Standards have been built and shipped to the US than what has been allocated to CT, not sure of exactly how many or how they might be getting out in the wild, but more than one way to buy a machine. CT is way legit, so doubt you were lied to....

#18942 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

no worries.....I'm just sort of sure more Standards have been built and shipped to the US than what has been allocated to CT, not sure of exactly how many or how they might be getting out in the wild, but more than one way to buy a machine. CT is way legit, so doubt you were lied to....

I was thinking of flying to the Netherlands and bringing one back in my pants.... lol

#18943 6 years ago

I was thinking of flying to the Netherlands and bringing one back in my pants.... lol

All the ladies at the airport say... is that an alien in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

#18944 6 years ago

Pick up my LE when you're there....

#18945 6 years ago

All the ladies at the airport say... is that an alien in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

LMAO!!!!

#18946 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pick up my LE when you're there....

Lmao! Then I say “stop your grinnin and ditch your linen!”

#18947 6 years ago

You say you believe cointaker may be lying to you?.......well......Not that it hasnt been said before countless times hahahahahha. Fabrication and jumping the gun is their key business model, dont you know? Too many koolaid drinkers on this thread as they all have vested interests in getting their games....hoping earlier than others by drinking more and getting others to drink as well will put them in the good graces to get their games first. Just as many who've all been promised things as well that were never happening.....or that they chose to jump the gun and say things would happen before they happened and then never happened hahhahahaha (tongue twister there). You cant tell people their games are arriving end of week because you received a notice from Heighway saying they would ship out soon. You tell people that, only when you have ship tracking info stating ETA of end of week and even then, you only tell people that they're estimated to arrive end of week. Not making promises and then making up issues when it doesnt happen. What cointaker is doing is saying "we are shipping games out Friday" based on Heighway SAYING they're shipping games from them out now.....but have no definitive proof in hand of tracking or signed shipment disclosures or anything showing PROOF that they're literally on a container in route with an ETA or anything backing up their claim they made of them shipping the games out Friday (just making up a day). They love to jump the gun and I called them out on it when I was contacted by them about my experiences from them on here and got them to admit their error after the last numerous fiascos I have had with them....but its clear they're still continuing it. Dont tell people "definites" unless you have "definites" to prove or show. You can keep people in loops just the same by saying "we are expecting them to ship out soon, but nothing concrete yet" or let people track it by providing tracking info and only contact when you have games no crap in hand visually staring at them.

#18948 6 years ago

Why would you come here (The Netherlands) ? No Aliens here, they are made in Wales which is quite far from here

Otherwise I would surely have my LE by now !

#18949 6 years ago

Wales, England, London, Holland, Netherlands, what's the difference?

#18950 6 years ago

Cointaker is the most honest people in the industry I have ever worked with. I have been in this industry a long time and I have dealt with alot of companies. There are plenty of good distributors but in my opinion they are the best. They truly care about there customers. Cointaker is by far the best of the best. In this industry when dealing with third parties it is difficult to sometimes get it right without a slight deviation. However if you ever have a problem Cointaker will do everything possible to rectify the situation. They care about the customer and the profit is an afterthought. Customers first always. If you have a game that is defective they always come through. The only reason that people are still buying Alien is because Cointaker is representing them. I would without hesitation give money to Cointaker for any new release. My money is safe with them. Heighway Pinball has done alot of things that has been less then helpful to the cause of distributing there product. Cointaker is Honest and by far the best Distributor as far as price and ease to deal with. Countless transactions with there company and they have never let my company down.

Cointaker. Thank you for your great service to this industry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/379?hl=knightman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.