• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 378 of 494.
#18851 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Ferret, what pitch do you have your machine set at? I've never given a shit about this and I always set my games very steep because I feel it makes it faster and more difficult but maybe this affects the geometry?

Mine is right at 6.5 deg... I wanted to keep it textbook for a dev machine.

And yeah, slope as well as left/right level is likely to affect shot making difficulty.

#18852 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Mine is right at 6.5 deg... I wanted to keep it textbook for a dev machine.
And yeah, slope as well as left/right level is likely to affect shot making difficulty.

The shot difficulty seems a bit like the Game of Thrones center lock shot from the left flipper. Is this about right?

#18853 1 year ago

What do you guys use to measure the pitch? I just use an app for my smartphone, but always wondered how accurate it is.

#18854 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The shot difficulty seems a bit like the Game of Thrones center lock shot from the left flipper. Is this about right?

I don't quite compare it to that shot. That shot is a little easier imho. I still compare it to the Gem shot on Tron. You have to hit it dead nuts.

#18855 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

I don't quite compare it to that shot. That shot is a little easier imho. I still compare it to the Gem shot on Tron. You have to hit it dead nuts.

On mine I would say the Chestburster is much easier than the Dragon ball lock shot on GOT (from the left flipper) when talking about the upper left flipper...about the same from the lower left flipper (very difficult)

#18856 1 year ago

I’ve always thought of the Chestburster shot as similar to the Start Mode shot on Shadow.

Oh, swenny, I use a digital level from Home Depot.

#18857 1 year ago
Quoted from swenny:

What do you guys use to measure the pitch? I just use an app for my smartphone, but always wondered how accurate it is.

A digital level from Sears. My cell phone wasn't nearly as accurate.

#18858 1 year ago
Quoted from swenny:

I've got a digital inclinometer that I use for very precise speaker adjustments...quite expensive and overkill for this purpose, but already own it. Deadly accurate....

#18859 1 year ago

Here are 4 Brand New gameplay videos I just made for our friend greenhornet
Hope everyone enjoys
Lots and Lots of Shots to Chestburster and to the Hypersleep Ramp

#18860 1 year ago

OK. Thanks guys. I think I know what Santa needs to get me for Christmas.

#18861 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I’ve always thought of the Chestburster shot as similar to the Start Mode shot on Shadow.

And I love that shot! When I first got that game way back when I'd sometimes have "mode less" games as I couldn't hit that shot. After a while you get better at it but the satisfaction of making it never goes away. Thank god most machines do indeed have a couple tough shots hidden in there somewhere.

Hard to believe there are some that actually want games to have every shot be "equally difficult"... now that would be a recipe for a yawner.

#18862 1 year ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Hope everyone enjoys

» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

These are nice. Awesome to be able to hear all the sounds without someone chattering away non-stop. Good self-control

#18863 1 year ago

Nice videos, thanks, Join_The_Cirqus!

I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone get a 2X Super Skill Shot.

#18864 1 year ago

Wow, your gameplay videos are amazing. Much better than any other video out there. Before I continue my post, I will apologize for the massive amounts of questions I’m about to throw at you. Heh. Okay, here we go... Do you mind if I post them to facebooks Pinball enthusiasts page? Also, Did you put color changing bulbs in the back box? It looked like it was changing at the end of video 2. Also what do you have your game set up at. It looks so amazing how it plays. Did you add washer protectors to the sling shots? I see they aren’t broken. What about Mylar? I couldn’t be more excited to get mine this upcoming week. Any issues with your game upon opening? I wanna make sure to do the little adjustments from when I open it up so I can have the smoothest experience possible

#18865 1 year ago
Quoted from swenny:

OK. Thanks guys. I think I know what Santa needs to get me for Christmas.

Boy do I ever.....

#18866 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Wow, your gameplay videos are amazing. Much better than any other video out there. Before I continue my post, I will apologize for the massive amounts of questions I’m about to throw at you. Heh. Okay, here we go... Do you mind if I post them to facebooks Pinball enthusiasts page? Also, Did you put color changing bulbs in the back box? It looked like it was changing at the end of video 2. Also what do you have your game set up at. It looks so amazing how it plays. Did you add washer protectors to the sling shots? I see they aren’t broken. What about Mylar? I couldn’t be more excited to get mine this upcoming week. Any issues with your game upon opening? I wanna make sure to do the little adjustments from when I open it up so I can have the smoothest experience possible

Majorly excited for you!!!! Can I ask where you ordered from? Trying to gauge if this is second batch from CT, or somewhere else....thanks ( gotta get these standards out)...

#18867 1 year ago

Wow, your gameplay videos are amazing. Much better than any other video out there. (Answer) Thanks so much!

Before I continue my post, I will apologize for the massive amounts of questions I’m about to throw at you (Answer). No Worries

Heh. Okay, here we go... Do you mind if I post them to facebooks Pinball enthusiasts page? (Answer) Thanks for asking, absolutely!

Also, Did you put color changing bulbs in the back box? It looked like it was changing at the end of video . (Answer) Yes sir, I added this myself, it looks awesome

2. Also what do you have your game set up at. It looks so amazing how it plays. (Answer) I like fast games, so all my pins are cranked up all the way in the Back and all the way down in the front.

Did you add washer protectors to the sling shots? I see they aren’t broken. What about Mylar? (Answer) No protectors added to anything, Mylar was added around the Magnet and Airlock hole. I am going to order the Cliffy for the Airlock hole though to be safe.

I couldn’t be more excited to get mine this upcoming week. Any issues with your game upon opening? (Answer) No major issues at all.
If you have any, plenty of people in this thread are willing to help of course. Anything major Helmut at heighway is who you would need to contact.

I wanna make sure to do the little adjustments from when I open it up so I can have the smoothest experience possible.
(Answer) congrats on your game, you will love it!

#18868 1 year ago

Hope everyone enjoys

» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

VERY nice videos! Great playing also! Thanks for these.

#18869 1 year ago

Wow, your gameplay videos are amazing. Much better than any other video out there. (Answer) Thanks so much!
Before I continue my post, I will apologize for the massive amounts of questions I’m about to throw at you (Answer). No Worries
Heh. Okay, here we go... Do you mind if I post them to facebooks Pinball enthusiasts page? (Answer) Thanks for asking, absolutely!
Also, Did you put color changing bulbs in the back box? It looked like it was changing at the end of video . (Answer) Yes sir, I added this myself, it looks awesome
2. Also what do you have your game set up at. It looks so amazing how it plays. (Answer) I like fast games, so all my pins are cranked up all the way in the Back and all the way down in the front.
Did you add washer protectors to the sling shots? I see they aren’t broken. What about Mylar? (Answer) No protectors added to anything, Mylar was added around the Magnet and Airlock hole. I am going to order the Cliffy for the Airlock hole though to be safe.
I couldn’t be more excited to get mine this upcoming week. Any issues with your game upon opening? (Answer) No major issues at all.
If you have any, plenty of people in this thread are willing to help of course. Anything major Helmut at heighway is who you would need to contact.
I wanna make sure to do the little adjustments from when I open it up so I can have the smoothest experience possible.
(Answer) congrats on your game, you will love it!

Fantastic, thanks for the responses. I am also ordering a pinstadium kit today with GI integration! Very exciting. What type connection are the LED's in the backbox, how many LED's were there? and did you like slow changing ones or fast? I may order some of those today too Lastly, KEEP TAKING MORE VIDEOS, you are really good player and its just simply eye candy to watch you run through this game!

#18870 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Majorly excited for you!!!! Can I ask where you ordered from? Trying to gauge if this is second batch from CT, or somewhere else....thanks ( gotta get these standards out)...

Hey there, I ordered from CT right before Delt31 got his machine. Thank you for the kind words, I am very excited as well, especially after seeing join_the_cirqus videos, which for some reason made me feel much much happier about this purchase. It is a grail theme for me, but all this negativity and issues had me seriously worried for a while. After seeing the flow and how all the shots come together in his photo...man, I am just on cloud 9 now.

Btw, I spoke with titan_pinball about the issue of acrylic plastics on the slings and how 1in washer protectors aren't ideal. Due to this, I will be testing washer protectors from Titan Pinball. They were kind enough to send me some that are in sizes larger than 1 inch, as that does not extend beyond the slingshot plastics in Alien. As soon as I install the one that is the best size for Alien, I will be letting them know so that the entire Alien community can then order protection for those acrylic plastics. Wanna send a big TY to titan_pinball for this.

#18872 1 year ago

Hope everyone enjoys

» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Nice videos! You had one of the earlier proto machines, right? Did you end up having any issues or needing any part replacements? Is this software 1.02?

#18873 1 year ago

Great to see the another round of machines was received by CT. Take pics!

#18874 1 year ago

The game is just awesome. Congrats to the latest round of new owners.

#18875 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great to see the another round of machines was received by CT. Take pics!

I was told CT that they will be receiving mine on Monday and shipping it out that same day (hopefully wed/thur delivery. It has shaker and the EL Blades. I will definitely take some photos. I will also be taking some of both before and after the pinstadium is installed as well. I plan to play with the lights off in the my game room, with the sound cranked up. So I needed some good lighting in it and the results from photos of other machines just seems amazing.

#18876 1 year ago

Yup...that's it....I am done with this crap. Heighway pinball can go f themselves. People just jumping on board still getting pins over people who've been waiting and us not given first dibs at switching LE orders over to shipping standards without losing a ton of cash. And constant no shows of LE options or confirmations on anything LE related besides "soon" being constantly regurgitated by these clowns. I'm out. This is a huge shit show and has people biting at anything to get in the good graces of heighway to hopefully get shipped a pin. Really wanted this pin to complete my entire Aliens collection of all games but this has the definition of insanity written all over it and I am not playing anymore.

#18877 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Yup...that's it....I am done with this crap. Heighway pinball can go f themselves. People just jumping on board still getting pins over people who've been waiting and us not given first dibs at switching LE orders over to shipping standards without losing a ton of cash. And constant no shows of LE options or confirmations on anything LE related besides "soon" being constantly regurgitated by these clowns. I'm out. This is a huge shit show and has people biting at anything to get in the good graces of heighway to hopefully get shipped a pin. Really wanted this pin to complete my entire Aliens collection of all games but this has the definition of insanity written all over it and I am not playing anymore.

While I certaintly understand your frustration, I will remind people that Heighway has already released an entire statement about this...LE's will begin to ship along with SE's at the next shipment in Dec. They cannot make everyone right at the same time and need to spread it out over a period of time Dec 17 to June 18. But that they do plan to make EVERYONE right. I don't know what else you are looking to hear from them. From a business perspective they cannot give all the preorders and refunds first, otherwise the company will go under....

Just as an aside, from a long time Gamer (video games); Pre-ordering anything, is simply a shitty business model in any industry. Because of preordering in videogames, the industry has suffered and many many gamers receive subpar games with the intent to fix or patch later. In my experience, and for the betterment of both video games and now pinball. Never pre-order anything. Wait till the physical game is out, play it, see if you like it, then purchase it. Or at the very least, dont order one till its in other peoples homes. If they don't have the money to invest in their own company to produce games, then maybe they shouldn't make them just yet. Investors are a thing, but preorders from normal customers is not a business model I approve of or endorse, for reasons that have shown its ugly head in pinball recently from multiple companies. That being said, the new investors in my opinion ARE righting the ship and absolute disaster that they were left with due to Andrew, but that does take time, money and patience.

#18878 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

No one has gotten their LE's yet. No one is jumping on board ahead of you. Heighway likely cannot (and never said they would) let people switch from LE's to standards at the original price. There is likely more margin built into the LE, so Heighway likely cannot afford to lose more money by offering this downgrade option.

Or are you wanting to switch from a LE to a standard at the current pricing?

#18879 1 year ago

There's really no new news here about LEs shipping after some standards. This has all been hashed over and over. What exactly has changed at this point? Heighway never gave me a solid delivery date, ever. That came from cointaker with freight tracking.

#18880 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Nice videos! You had one of the earlier proto machines, right? Did you end up having any issues or needing any part replacements? Is this software 1.02?

I was one of the first production machines, so no issues

#18881 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is absolutely the oddest case that I've seen regarding the timeline/ refund thing. Guessing you were paid in full for both (how long, if I can ask?) then finally got tired of the wait and zero communication, so now pursuing total refund (again, how long ago, if permissible to ask?). I can't see them doing this intentionally, but obviously something is seriously wrong in you instance......

I paid in full in February 2017 for a Full Throttle and Alien LE based on a promise by Andrew, then CEO of Heighway Pinball, to move my order to the front of the line and ship in the summer (of 2017). Since then, I’ve had minimal communication and no concrete answers despite multiple pleas for information. I asked for them to ship my Full Throttle at the very least. Silence.

I asked for a full refund a week or so ago. I’m not optimistic. The next step for me is to sue them. I’ve given them every opportunity to do me right, but my patience is gone. I think they are teetering on collapse. Kinda like Tesla asking ‘believers’ to pay them $250,000 upfront for a roadster they will roll out in 2020. It smells of desperation not unlike some of these fly by night pinball companies....

#18882 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I paid in full in February 2017 for a Full Throttle and Alien LE based on a promise by Andrew, then CEO of Heighway Pinball, to move my order to the front of the line and ship in the summer (of 2017). Since then, I’ve had minimal communication and no concrete answers despite multiple pleas for information. I asked for them to ship my Full Throttle at the very least. Silence.
I asked for a full refund a week or so ago. I’m not optimistic. The next step for me is to sue them. I’ve given them every opportunity to do me right, but my patience is gone. I think they are teetering on collapse. Kinda like Tesla asking ‘believers’ to pay them $250,000 upfront for a roadster they will roll out in 2020. It smells of desperation not unlike some of these fly by night pinball companies....

Why not just wait until the LE's are actually shipping?

#18883 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Truly believe the LE's are very close.....spoke w Morgan yet again yesterday, and said they were doing everything possible to get the actual armor shown on an actual LE, then reach out to the customers and get them rolling.

I've got zero issues w Standards going out now.....if LE's get mixed in prior to original orders being addressed, then that simply wouldn't be right. Hopefully, they know that.

I'm paying less for my LE than what a Standard is advertised for WITH large backbox, and real PDI, so I'm ok w waiting (not too much longer, I hope....)

#18884 1 year ago

For those of us who love the alien series, I give you this video. Which covers exactly how the entire time line of the series actually plays out. Pretty awesome and well done.

#18885 1 year ago

Took my Alien LE refunds and put it towards a AFMR LE. Too much drama
and unknowns with this pin to think i could purchase a LE and receive it any time soon. I'm happy again and looking forward to a outstanding new pin.

#18886 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

and unknowns with this pin to think i could purchase a LE and receive it any time soon. I'm happy again and looking forward to a outstanding new pin.

You probably could have taken your LE refund, called Melissa and got an SE like by the end of the week, not sure if all 7 were spoken for yet...anyways, good luck with the AFMR, LE.

#18887 1 year ago

You probably could have taken your LE refund, called Melissa and got an SE like by the end of the week, not sure if all 7 were spoken for yet...anyways, good luck with the AFMR, LE.

That would cost him more money as he has had it on pre order at the old price.

#18888 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

You mean "outstanding OLD pin". I still have mine and would never sell it as it's a fun game but a lot of us got bored with it 15 years ago

Classic layout though if you don't have another with it... sez something that GOTG and Met use almost exactly the same thing.

#18889 1 year ago

Okay Alien owners! I got your homework ready for you. Today’s assignment is for all your Alien freaks to get on your pins and record the best gameplay footage you can! Let’s see who can put up the highest score on the forum!

Only counts if you record the whole game, glass on, standard settings!

Let’s see those pins boys!

#18890 1 year ago

Okay Alien owners! I got your homework ready for you. Today’s assignment is for all your Alien freaks to get on your pins and record the best gameplay footage you can! Let’s see who can put up the highest score on the forum!
Only counts if you record the whole game, glass on, standard settings!
Let’s see those pins boys!

I'm out. My shooter lane wireform busted and I can't launch a ball through the reduced clearance. I can still handfeed balls with the glass off, so will sit this challenge out.

I had a 2.4B point game last night when game was stuck in infinite mode and I eventually quit. An infinite game occurs when overlapping rules and timer setting coincide and you literally cannot stop the game. Drain balls and it keeps launching more. Makes you feel like a stud while playing, but it shouldn't count. No I didn't get footage.

I still don't see how people are able to trigger the Chestburster lane switch (lane beside the right ramp) from the lower left flipper. I make it 1 out of 100 tries and usually by fluke. Have about 30% - 40% success from upper left flipper though, and that is good enough. Only need to hit that shot 1 time per game to complete lifecycle or 3 times per game to start Save Newt multiball.

#18891 1 year ago

How did the wire form issue happen? I’ve never heard of a wire form breaking on a newer game.

#18892 1 year ago

How did the wire form issue happen? I’ve never heard of a wire form breaking on a newer game.

From ball banging around a little in the cage - it broke tack weld on the lowest and next to lowest circles. As a result the top rail hangs down lower and eliminates enough free space to prevent a ball through. I think there was a bit of misalignment with the shooter coil plus one of the screws in the shooter lane holding the wireform tab in place was too high. Both are adjusted now, but I'll need a new wireform.

Loose_Wireform2 (resized).jpg

#18893 1 year ago

Just move the bars to the side and put them on top....

#18894 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How long does it take to get the armour powder coated no more than 3 days not 3 weeks

#18895 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

From ball banging around a little in the cage - it broke tack weld on the lowest and next to lowest circles. As a result the top rail hangs down lower and eliminates enough free space to prevent a ball through. I think there was a bit of misalignment with the shooter coil plus one of the screws in the shooter lane holding the wireform tab in place was too high. Both are adjusted now, but I'll need a new wireform.

Top rail? Rig up some dental floss and get that thing back in action til you get your new wireform.

#18896 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Top rail? Rig up some dental floss and get that thing back in action til you get your new wireform.

Great minds.... I plan to use 20lb threaded tess line from fishing department.

20lb_threadedtress (resized).jpg

#18897 1 year ago

And then film yourself playing because I want to see how the heck someone gets scores that high! This challenge today is for bragging rights people! Who is the King Alien! Lol

#18898 1 year ago

I still don't see how people are able to trigger the Chestburster lane switch (lane beside the right ramp) from the lower left flipper. I make it 1 out of 100 tries and usually by fluke. Have about 30% - 40% success from upper left flipper though, and that is good enough. Only need to hit that shot 1 time per game to complete lifecycle or 3 times per game to start Save Newt multiball.

Yeah, hitting that shot is from the lower left is damn near impossible. Challenging from the upper left flipper.

#18899 1 year ago
Quoted from swenny:

Yeah, hitting that shot is from the lower left is damn near impossible. Challenging from the upper left flipper.

Yeah...better to just go from the upper left. It's not hard to get it to the upper left.

#18900 1 year ago

I had a 2.4B point game last night when game was stuck in infinite mode and I eventually quit. An infinite game occurs when overlapping rules and timer setting coincide and you literally cannot stop the game. Drain balls and it keeps launching more. Makes you feel like a stud while playing, but it shouldn't count. No I didn't get footage.

We have this happen occasionally as well. It's more frustrating since our ALIEN is on location, had to jump in and reset during a customers game so he wouldn't play indefinitely! I Talked to Helmut at Heighway, and this has happened to him on his own machine, so it should be fixed with the next code update.

We've been VERY happy with Helmut's help with our machines issues, it's obvious that he is doing his best to help customers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 378 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside