zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 377 of 601.
#18801 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Or you just pass on buying an adult themed pin based on a gory R-rated movie
I find this kind of "censorship code" ridiculous, and it's a waste of programmers time. Stick to family themed pins. Not all pins/movies/media/etc are made for everyone.

Sometimes it makes sense to have an option if the game is routed in certain public venues.

#18802 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I find this kind of "censorship code" ridiculous, and it's a waste of programmers time. Stick to family themed pins. Not all pins/movies/media/etc are made for everyone.

Ha. My 12yr old niece just got called a ‘dickwad’ by Arnie on my new T2 pin ( alternative pinsound rom installed ). We just burst out laughing as didn’t expect it at all

#18803 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Is their a shot that feeds the upper flipper to hit the lock ramp shot?

The Chestburster shot feeds the upper right flipper directly. Also, ~half the exits from the pop bumpers feed the upper right flipper, and the software generally tries to divert orbit shots to the pops if it thinks you'll be wanting to shoot the lock ramp.

#18804 6 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Ha. My 12yr old niece just got called a ‘dickwad’ by Arnie on my new T2 pin ( alternative pinsound rom installed ). We just burst out laughing as didn’t expect it at all

All Arnie was saying is maybe she needs to learn to shoot lol

#18805 6 years ago

You must be a bachelor.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Wild_and_crazy_guys (resized).jpgWild_and_crazy_guys (resized).jpg

#18806 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

You must be a bachelor.

Women don't like "R" rated pins?

#18807 6 years ago

Beside the random Mother award, how do you earn an extra ball.
Also, is there any definitive answer to why the posts don't stay up for extended period during queens nest a derelict ship?
Is it code?
It's making it a hellf a lot harder to reach All Out War. That and chestburster shot that doesn't always activate when you hit the shot which is the most difficult shot to begin with.
Besides that, the machine plays so good.

#18808 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Also, is there any definitive answer to why the posts don't stay up for extended period during queens nest a derelict ship?
Is it code?
It's making it a hellf a lot harder to reach All Out War. That and chestburster shot that doesn't always activate when you hit the shot which is the most difficult shot to begin with.

I believe he said the code will be updated to adress the CB shot. Not sure of the latest timing of the code release, or if they'll release the CB update as a hot fix while the other updates come in a package later on.

#18809 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I believe he said the code will be updated to adress the CB shot. Not sure of the latest timing of the code release, or if they'll release the CB update as a hot fix while the other updates come in a package later on.

Do you have the same issue with posts when shooting orbit shots during two of the modes. I'm pretty sure Astropin said he has the problem. The posts are critical in winning/completing these two modes. Derelict ship and queens nest

#18810 6 years ago

Man...getting crazy excited to get this pin!!!!

#18811 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Do you have the same issue with posts when shooting orbit shots during two of the modes. I'm pretty sure Astropin said he has the problem. The posts are critical in winning/completing these two modes. Derelict ship and queens nest

I tested that recently and I don't think so. When the mode starts and I hit right orbit, the post goes up and it goes into the poppers. Second ball sometimes gets blocked into the bumpers but I've had it where it will go around (more times it is allowed to go around) - talking right orbit shot again. Third right orbit shot always goes into pops as the post goes up, similar to the first ball. I've actually completed the mode before. Queens nest - haven't tried but will.

#18812 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man...getting crazy excited to get this pin!!!!

I'm getting excited to hear how excited you will be when finally, after all this, your Alien arrives!

And BTW, all this talk about the 'major design flaw' of how there is no reliable clean feed to the upper right flipper and hence, hard to complete lifecycle or get Hypersleep MB. That's BS. I just played about 10 games, and I got Lifecycle multiball twice. ...stacked it with Sentry Gun MB and a good time was had by all.

#18813 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Is it code?

Advancing past 6x by completing the upper lanes ( above the Pop bumpers) multiple times, will light The extra ball on the Hypersleep Ramp

#18814 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

And BTW, all this talk about the 'major design flaw' of how there is no reliable clean feed to the upper right flipper and hence, hard to complete lifecycle or get Hypersleep MB.

anyone that says that is a complete dummy (or troll; or both)

#18815 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

After 12X (4+2+6) bonus multiplier is lit, the next completion of the L-V lanes will light extra ball. (An additional path to EB has been added in pending code.)

Quoted from kklank:

Is it code?

Somewhat. We've learned that some up-posts on some games need more power to stay up as intended. I don't understand the electro-mechanical cause for this, but we've tweaked the code to apply extra power to those coils when activated, which will hopefully resolve this situation for affected games.

#18816 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

An additional path to EB has been added in pending code.

AHHH~!~! You're killing me!!

#18817 6 years ago

"After 12X (4+2+6) bonus multiplier is lit, the next completion of the L-V lanes will light extra ball. (An additional path to EB has been added in pending code."

I'm a little slow on the uptake here - can you explain how you achieve this 12X? I understand the rollover lanes up top are the L-V.

Also - remind me when the new code is estimated to drop? I want to say mid Dec but am I making that up? If so, let's say this weekend then!

#18818 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Advancing past 6x by completing the upper lanes ( above the Pop bumpers) multiple times, will light The extra ball on the Hypersleep Ramp

#18819 6 years ago

so you just keep on completing those roll over lanes above the pops to get 12x?

#18820 6 years ago

Ahhhhh...since my posts aren't working correctly, I never get enough balls going through the upper lanes.

Quoted from Ferret:

After 12X (4+2+6) bonus multiplier is lit, the next completion of the L-V lanes will light extra ball. (An additional path to EB has been added in pending code.)

Somewhat. We've learned that some up-posts on some games need more power to stay up as intended. I don't understand the electro-mechanical cause for this, but we've tweaked the code to apply extra power to those coils when activated, which will hopefully resolve this situation for affected games.

Holy cow! That's exactly what I need!

Quoted from SunKing:

I'm getting excited to hear how excited you will be when finally, after all this, your Alien arrives!
And BTW, all this talk about the 'major design flaw' of how there is no reliable clean feed to the upper right flipper and hence, hard to complete lifecycle or get Hypersleep MB. That's BS. I just played about 10 games, and I got Lifecycle multiball twice. ...stacked it with Sentry Gun MB and a good time was had by all.

I almost never hit the chestburster shot with the lower left flipper. I hit it with the upper left flipper or kick from the pops.

#18821 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm a little slow on the uptake here - can you explain how you achieve this 12X? I understand the rollover lanes up top are the L-V.

First completion of the L-V lanes in a ball gives you 2X (that's bonus multiplier). Next completion gives you 4X. Next completion gives you 6X. I'll leave the next few as an exercise for the reader. Once you're at 12X, the next completion -- that you would think would be 14X, but we can't go that high because it's (LV) 4+2+6 -- lights Extra Ball.

Quoted from kklank:

I almost never hit the chestburster shot with the lower left flipper. I hit it with the upper left flipper or kick from the pops.

IMHO hitting it from the LL flipper is hard but not as hard as it looks. Personally I never try it with a moving ball, only from a trap.

#18822 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

First completion of the L-V lanes in a ball gives you 2X (that's bonus multiplier). Next completion gives you 4X. Next completion gives you 6X. I'll leave the next few as an exercise for the reader. Once you're at 12X, the next completion -- that you would think would be 14X, but we can't go that high because it's (LV) 4+2+6 -- lights Extra Ball.

IMHO hitting it from the LL flipper is hard but not as hard as it looks. Personally I never try it with a moving ball, only from a trap.

Maybe my pitch on my machine is making more difficult because I've taken off the glass and have just repeatedly tried to hit that from a trapped position and it's a bear.
How does everybody else generally hit the chestburster shot?
I'm 90% upper left flipper, 10%lower left flipper.

#18823 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

all this talk about the 'major design flaw' of how there is no reliable clean feed to the upper right flipper and hence, hard to complete lifecycle or get Hypersleep MB. That's BS. I just played about 10 games, and I got Lifecycle multiball twice.

glad to hear that after 8 months of ownership you are getting something accomplished. 8 months, and you can finally admit to completing a certain primary objective in 2 out of 10 games? thats not very reassuring. especially when you apparently have your MB thresholds set to easy.

Quoted from SunKing:

BTW, I have all my multi-balls set to 'easy'... with that setting, it's only takes two life-cycles to start Save Newt, and only two captured balls to start Hpersleep ..

and the talk is about hampered playability due to design choices, and remains quite evident. current game reviews express frustration with the upper flipper play and are not BS. why do you think you adjusted your SNMB and HSMB thresholds down? why do you think there have been no gameplay videos posted by all these new owners over the last month?

Quoted from Ferret:

will light The extra ball on the Hypersleep Ramp

a necessary software adjustment because 1] advancing the bonus multiplier is difficult because balls don't drop into pops inlanes often enough [even worse due to up posts currently malfunctioning] and 2] the lit EB is on the HSR and we already know objectives requiring HSR shots are coming up short.

the original EB programming was clearly too unreasonable to complete. 7 completions of the A-B lanes and then a HSR shot? really? GL with that. nice to see more ways to obtain an EB. expect to see more. an early prototype audit on youtube recorded only 7 EBs in 1350 plays.

Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone that says that is a complete dummy (or troll; or both)

perhaps i am just simpleminded.

Hilton, don't take your anger out on me because you currently own a $7000 paperweight. further, i wasnt among those who flagged your TNA review. any mod/admin has my permission to confirm this fact for you.

Quoted from kklank:

I almost never hit the chestburster shot with the lower left flipper. I hit it with the upper .. flipper or kick from the pops.

Quoted from kklank:

I've taken off the glass and have just repeatedly tried to hit that from a trapped position and it's a bear.

in addition, ive had at least one owner tell me they don't even count the LL to CB as a feed because it is so hard.

Hilton and ferret disagree.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I can set up the upper right flipper anytime I have the ball on the lower left flipper. It is a clean shoot to the dead end and a nice return to upper right.

Quoted from Ferret:

the CB shot. It's a tight lane. But I'd guess that I can make this shot from a trapped ball on the LL flipper about 1/3 of the time. (Sometime when I'm bored, I'll try it 100 times and record stats...)

Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree that the chestburster shot is more difficult than others but if you are going for it then it is totally makeable. I think Joes estimate is low and once you try to hit it I bet he is successful 50% of the time.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I will make it a point to stop over some time this week to play some Alien and track my success % for the CB shot.

neither reported back to the board with their results.

while it doesn't make any sense, perhaps this shot is more difficult on production machines than the prototypes. at least it appears so, based on feedback and posted pinside reviews of the game. 'whys now' is it that people are disagreeing with Hiltons position that the shot is easy peasy ?

because 'given time, people will come to understand...'

#18824 6 years ago

Blah blah blah...

#18825 6 years ago

I'd totally forgotten about that, but since I was winding my day down anyway, I figured I'd go try it.

My outcome = 32/100 shots on the Chestburster lane were successful from a ball trapped on the LL flipper. That's unreasonably close to my estimate, I probably should've videotaped it for posterity, but whatever. It's a data point that's only meaningful for me anyway; some will do worse, some will do better. (Hell, *I* will do worse or better if I tried it again.) It was one of those things where sometimes I made 3 or 4 in a row, sometimes I missed 10 in a row. Actually, the most surprising part for me was the number of times the ball bounced off the center of the UR flipper and straight up the right ramp, I didn't know that was such a frequent thing. (My hand wasn't anywhere near the right flipper button, I was using that hand to tally counts on a sheet of paper.)

Couple other notes...

I'd be perfectly content if the Save Newt start rate is 2/10 games. Not every game feature can or should start just by whacking a big central target a few times. One might ask how often players start, say, Ring Multiball on LOTR... or Pretzel Multiball on TSPP... or Ringmaster Special on CV... or any number of other examples from popular games. Don't have to just talk multiballs either: how often do players complete Gem on Tron? If players are frequently seeing everything a game can do, they'll get bored of it pretty quickly. And don't ascribe too much to the label "Easy". Could've just as easily been "2". I chose to use the ExEasy-ExHard difficulty designations to give us some flexibility in case we wanted to mix in other tweaks at different settings. (e.g. maybe Hard could be not only 4 Lifecycles, but the orbits and vents only pick one to light for their phase instead of lighting both orbits or all three vents)

And the additional Extra Ball path isn't in response to any videos or player feedback, we had multiple paths to light EB in the rules spec a year ago. Just hadn't gotten implemented yet. We're in the "tie up loose ends" phase.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18826 6 years ago

Oh, and:

Quoted from greenhornet:

why do you think there have been no gameplay videos posted by all these new owners over the last month?

Ummmm... the obvious YouTube search gives:

There are probably more on Facebook and other places, I'm not wasting my time looking for them. I'm guessing the rest of the owners are just busy playing their games instead of screwing with cameras.

#18827 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

perhaps i am just simpleminded.

No argument there.

Thank you for voicing your opinion, ad nauseam.

#18828 6 years ago

SDTM just filmed another gameplay video to be posted soon on my pin in action.

As stated before, I LOVE this pin. It has shots I have never seen before, at least all together in one game. I play the crap out of it and the theme is perfect for pinball. I can't think of one pin, of all the pins I owned in the past or played, that looks, plays, and feels like this pin. Can't wait for future updates Ferret!

You just have to play it I guess to see and feel what I'm talking about. I really want the other buyers to get their pins. You can check my Pinside feed back and see I don't post like crazy, so you know when I post about a pin it's something special. Call me the silent majority I guess. LOL

One last thing. I love the ball save outer lane. A whole lot better than the 2 ball saves on WOZ, and I love WOZ.

#18829 6 years ago

I stopped over the other day, with glass off from trap on LL I made the CB shot 40% of the time (20/50 attempts)
I was having an off day but guessing some days it would be as high as 60%.

Notabley, I can make an orbit 90% of the time which will them feed the CB lane 50% of the time.

from UL flipper I can make CB 70+% of the time.

Sorry GH, but your whole thesis. Needs to go back for a rewrite. You used crap data to make your conclusions and the first rule of science is shit in = shit out. I suggest getting some REAL WORLD experience before trying to make a conculsion about any game. Your opinions have lost all value completely at this stage and your only way to repair them is to put in the time to go play a game extensively. There are plenty of opportunities to do so at this point.

The fact is, you used old videos based on new players to the game. You have not done your due diligance to even play a game yet, which is by the way completely pathetic and the equivalent of the grad student that sucked at field work and they let off the hook by doing a review thesis on other peoples hard work.

One last thing... that paperweight has been solidly on route for many months at this stage and it is still earning well. despite the bad lights, turned off xeno (works just not coded in code we are running), and airlock scoop monitor issue... people still play the game regularly. Hoping those issue are resolved soon and we all get to experience the full production unit. GOnna be even better...

#18830 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

glad to hear that after 8 months of ownership you are getting something accomplished. 8 months, and you can finally admit to completing a certain primary objective in 2 out of 10 games? thats not very reassuring.

I woke up to see this crap?? Gimme a f'ing break. Maybe you didn't read what I wrote. I played about 10 games last night (while drinking) and stacked Lifecycle and Sentry gun MB TWICE.

I wasn't commenting on my 8 months of ownership - only those 10 games I played last night. I've had MANY games in my 8 months of ownership that were a LOT better than what I played last night. Have I finished 'all out war' yet? Nope, but I've gotten close. ....maybe just one more game.

Have you even played Alien? ...you try to argue things like 'you can't hit this shot so the game is flawed' with people who OWN the game and KNOW otherwise. What's your motivation here?

Quoted from greenhornet:

the talk is about hampered playability due to design choices, and remains quite evident. current game reviews express frustration with the upper flipper play and are not BS.

It may be evident to YOU in your ...oh so detailed analysis... Hey, quick question - did that analysis actually include....I dunno....PLAYING THE GAME???

Quoted from greenhornet:

why do you think you adjusted your SNMB and HSMB thresholds down?

Cause I suck? Seriously, I set my MB's on easy...mostly because I'm not that good of a player. Ask anyone in the Space City Pinball League. Out of about 40 players, I got knocked out of the B division in the first round. So yeah, I'm an average player....who dropped some setting down a bit easier in my game. Don't try to spin MY lack of skill into somehow 'the game is flawed'.

#18831 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

perhaps i am just simpleminded

-Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.-

#18832 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

why do you think there have been no gameplay videos posted by all these new owners over the last month?

I had completely intended to film a bunch of gameplay when I was over at @kneissl's house, but was too enamored with the game to care.

It's not my job to make sure you get to see video of a game you hate.

#18833 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I had completely intended to film a bunch of gameplay when I was over at kneissl's house, but was too enamored with the game to care.
It's not my job to make sure you get to see video of a game you hate.

Reading my mind.....game is amazing...period...

#18834 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry GH, but your whole thesis. Needs to go back for a rewrite. You used crap data to make your conclusions. . . .
. . . .Your opinions have lost all value completely at this stage and your only way to repair them is to put in the time to go play a game extensively.

Whoah wait a minute...

You mean Green Hornet is making all his determinations without recently playing the game?!

That's really all the info I need to know.

#18835 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

-Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.-

that 'simpleminded' reference?
i was having fun at someone elses expense.
i expected it to go right over your head, which it did.
for the rest of you:

noturningback.jpgnoturningback.jpg

#18836 6 years ago

guys - there is a very simple solution to green hornet. He is obviously a troll that is on repeat and has proven himself to be an ass. Why deal with it anymore? Solution = you COULD ignore him. EDIT (thanks to snow) - his last set of comments is so ridiculous and so obviously trolling, I'm surprised he hasn't been modded yet.

#18837 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

for the rest of you:

Oh no....I caught it. My quote really applies to your entire diatribe.

#18838 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - there is a very simple solution to green hornet. He is obviously a troll that is on repeat and has proven himself to be an ass. Why deal with it anymore? Solution = ignore him. I just did because this last set of comments is so ridiculous and so obviously trolling, I'm surprised he hasn't been modded yet.

I agree. Worth note, that rules dont allow announcing drains or ignores. (just a heads up so you dont get banned from the thread)

I personally dont put him on ignore as I like thumbs downing him for fun. I suggest others feel free to do the same (and not respond since you are correct that he is an exposed troll with an agenda at this stage). I wonder how bad his thumbs down ration will get not that he has made his entire existance online of critiqing games he has NEVER played and just watched videos online, lol.

#18839 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally dont put him on ignore as I like thumbs downing him for fun. I suggest others feel free to do the same (and not respond since you are correct that he is an exposed troll with an agenda at this stage

ALIEN thread challange! No one respond to his obvious troll bait.. each response earns a self imposed one week ban from the thread! (Thumbs up or down only!) Startinnng NOW! haha

#18840 6 years ago

Has there been any word on if HP plans to scrap the kits to swap out playfields? There is a few Full Throttles showing up on the used market and wasn't sure if they still plan on the new games fitting in old cabinets. Also, if you upgrade the hardware will it still run FT?!

#18841 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

ALIEN thread challange! No one respond to his obvious troll bait.. each response earns a self imposed one week ban from the thread! (Thumbs up or down only!) Startinnng NOW! haha

My only contention with that is he's arguing from a position of ignorance...but only us "regulars" know that. There are always new people popping into this thread or who knows how many new "lurkers". Refutation is all we can do so that they are not misinformed.

#18842 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - there is a very simple solution to green hornet.

Yes a permanent thread eject.

#18843 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ummmm... the obvious YouTube search gives:

obvious search reveals nothing.

the virgin 10:00 of play from someone who doesn't know what they are shooting for that is shot from the side of the machine is nothing to write home about.

what I am hoping for, at least time and experience wise, is something like the 3+ hours dead flip streamed with Hilton from Alt Brew, the cumulative 2+ hours that flippin podcast has posted, or the 2+ hours provided by buffalo pinball. these were from over 6 months ago on prototype machines. they were all shot with cameras directly over the pf. the experience levels of the players in them is above average and in the case of 'flippin', he knows what he is trying to accomplish.

with only a handful of prototypes in the wild 6+ months ago, those game provided nearly 10 hours of coverage from experienced players. today, with dozens of actual production machines worldwide, we have but a couple disappointing <10:00 snippets.

of the five links joe posted [had seen them all before]:

the first shows only 8:00 of gameplay [most time spent on unboxing] if you view it they complain about setting up the upper right flipper and being able to see the flippers on the pfs dark art.

the second doesn't display anything other than the top of the back box for 7:00 on both IE and chrome browsers.

the third shows approx. 10:00 of gameplay, with no noticeable upper flipper usage/CB lane activity probably due to inexperience with the game.

the fourth is only 2:00 long
same guy took down/removed a 10:00+ one that was a brickfest.

the fifth is also quite limited in time, but the best of the lot. I had already broken it down days ago in post number 18625. nobody cared to refute any of the observations made in that video. but I gave them a window to make fun of my grammar, which apparently was more important.

joe, the links you've provided are nothing worthy. perhaps you should at least scan/view those vids to see if they provide any worthwhile content before posting them like they might be meaningful.

waiting for the SDTM update.

#18844 6 years ago

Too long didn't read

#18845 6 years ago

All I can say is if the Chestburster shot where any easier the game would have received a lower overall score from me. Some shots in a game need to be much more difficult than others. For the sake of longevity and a greater sense of achievement.

I suppose next GH will tell us all about the outlanes on STTNG and how they are a design mistake

I've compared Alien to STTNG in the past due to them both being: mode based, widebodies and have some similar shot geometries. But Alien trumps STTNG buy being even more difficult to complete...this is a GOOD thing. I've gotten to "Final Frontier twice in the same game! Almost considered selling it after that...but it still has great theme integration.

Anyway...Alien trumps it by being more difficult to complete.

#18846 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the virgin 10:00 of play from someone who doesn't know what they are shooting for that is shot from the side of the machine is nothing to write home about.
what I am hoping for, at least time and experience wise, is something like the 3+ hours dead flip streamed with Hilton from Alt Brew, the cumulative 2+ hours that flippin podcast has posted, or the 2+ hours provided by buffalo pinball. these were from over 6 months ago on prototype machines. they were all shot with cameras directly over the pf. the experience levels of the players in them is above average and in the case of 'flippin', he knows what he is trying to accomplish.
with only a handful of prototypes in the wild 6+ months ago, those game provided nearly 10 hours of coverage from experienced players. today, with dozens of actual production machines worldwide, we have but a couple disappointing <10:00 snippets.
the first shows only 8:00 of gameplay [most time spent on unboxing] if you view it they complain about setting up the upper right flipper and being able to see the flippers on the pfs dark art.
the second doesn't display anything other than the top of the back box for 7:00 on both IE and chrome browsers.
the third shows approx. 10:00 of gameplay, with no noticeable upper flipper usage/CB lane activity probably due to inexperience with the game.
the fifth is also quite limited in time, but the best of the lot. I had already broken it down days ago in post number 18625. nobody cared to refute any of the observations made in that video. but I gave them a window to make fun of my grammar, which apparently was more important.
joe, the links you've provided are nothing worthy. perhaps you should at least scan/view those vids to see if they provide any worthwhile content before posting them like they might be meaningful.

greenhornet an honest question... Can you please be open with us here, why haven’t you played the game in person yet? Don’t you think this would be helpful in your assessments?

#18847 6 years ago

Hmmm......I feel like my comments gave Greenhornet an opportunity to start trolling again. My comment about the chestburster shot was that i typically hit that shot with the upper left flipper. I don't consider myself to be a bad player but
I'm not Lyman either.

Ferret, what pitch do you have your machine set at? I've never given a shit about this and I always set my games very steep because I feel it makes it faster and more difficult but maybe this affects the geometry?
Or maybe the the lower flippers are set a hair too high on my machine. For example, I lowered the flipper just a hair on my Star Wars and percentage of hitting the Death Star doubled! The last three NIB sterns, stern has raised their flippers a hair and it makes all the center shots super easy but the orbits are much more difficult.

One other thing, I'm not complaining about the difficulty of the chestburster shot. Personally, I love it when there is a shot that is very difficult.
I'm going to go play my buddy's alien this weekend and I'll try that shot a bunch too for comparison.

#18848 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

for the rest of you:

You are really not contributing anything of value on this thread, and the context of your posts is meant to berate existing or future customers, the game itself, or whatever agenda you have for keeping everyone here "informed" w this bs. Enough already....

#18849 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

for the rest of you:</

Have you ever played the game??
Have you ever played the game??

You still haven't answered the question.
Don't worry I can wait..................

#18850 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I've gotten to "Final Frontier twice in the same game! Almost considered selling it after that...but it still has great theme integration.

Ha same thing happened to me. Made Final Frontier twice in same game, score was like 8+ Billion. Then found myself playing less & less, then decided that's it, it's time to sell.

IMO modern pins need to have some depth/challenge & some kind of white whale to chase, or eventually it's going out the door. I don't think Alien will suffer from that, as AOW seems very hard to reach. That's a great thing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,999 (OBO)
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 377 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/377?hl=wizwiggy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.