zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 370 of 601.
#18451 6 years ago

Here are the pics they are referring to from their post:

alien2 (resized).pngalien2 (resized).png

alien3 (resized).pngalien3 (resized).png

alien (resized).pngalien (resized).png

#18452 6 years ago

Was to late

#18453 6 years ago

Nice update. You can see 2 LE's in the background getting assembled.

#18454 6 years ago

HeighwayPinball The game need to come with mylar protection from the factory around bumpers and scoops. The plastics either need protectors or use the correct plastic...sincerely, future purchaser.

#18455 6 years ago

Played Alien yesterday at the Dutch Pinball Open 2017 in Eindhoven. Not to extensive so I can only give you my first thoughts:

The sound volume was very low, so that was kind of disappointing. The layout is challenging and I had to get used to the 4 flipper layout. The flipper power was not very strong, so making the ramps was quite difficult. Overall the look of the playfield is,compared to other modern pinballs very dark. Many will say this suites the theme, but I definitely would like to see more playfiled visibility. The eggs look stunning and the RGB insert lights really do a great job. The playfield display was very blurry, not sure what that was about. The backbox screen looked stunning and the HUD is very well made.

Overall for me this is not the kind of game I would say wow this looks and plays awesome. But I think this is a pin that will grow on you the more you play it.

#18456 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Played Alien yesterday at the Dutch Pinball Open 2017 in Eindhoven. Not to extensive so I can only give you my first thoughts:
The sound volume was very low, so that was kind of disappointing. The layout is challenging and I had to get used to the 4 flipper layout. The flipper power was not very strong, so making the ramps was quite difficult. Overall the look of the playfield is,compared to other modern pinballs very dark. Many will say this suites the theme, but I definitely would like to see more playfiled visibility. The eggs look stunning and the RGB insert lights really do a great job. The playfield display was very blurry, not sure what that was about. The backbox screen looked stunning and the HUD is very well made.
Overall for me this is not the kind of game I would say wow this looks and plays awesome. But I think this is a pin that will grow on you the more you play it.

Interesting about the flippers - I never have any issue hitting ramps on mine. As for the PF blurry I wonder if the owner didn't remove the protective plastic that is on the display itself. I did the same thing and a day later noticed something wasn't right - no way it could be that blurry. Then I realized what I did and removed it - huge diff.

#18457 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interesting about the flippers - I never have any issue hitting ramps on mine. As for the PF blurry I wonder if the owner didn't remove the protective plastic that is on the display itself. I did the same thing and a day later noticed something wasn't right - no way it could be that blurry. Then I realized what I did and removed it - huge diff.

Most probably the case as both Aliens pins present had the same blurry screen.

#18458 6 years ago

Maybe they are trying a different brand, with lower rez, since a few guys have had issues? Mine is clear, and flippers are strong

#18459 6 years ago

Nice to hear some final info on the LEs including some upcoming pics. That little bit makes me happy

#18460 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hello beacons! Now we're talking. All credit goes to pinsider libtech who's awesome for showing me the way. Just waiting on one more part so I can connect them. They really complete the machine.
I'll add a couple more steps and tweaks to the how to that he added once they work to make a little easier to follow. Wanted them installed in factory but didn't happen so went this route. Very happy thus far.

Nice work! Happy to help, sorry if my instructions were not clear

#18461 6 years ago

The update sounds promising. Like I’ve said before, I’m really pulling for them. This looks like an amazing game that needs to get made in the thousands. And if they succeed, just imagine what they might do in the future.

#18462 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

heighwaypinball The game need to come with mylar protection from the factory around bumpers and scoops. The plastics either need protectors or use the correct plastic...sincerely, future purchaser.

I’m concerned about the plastics.

#18463 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Maybe they are trying a different brand, with lower rez, since a few guys have had issues? Mine is clear, and flippers are strong

No, the plastic was still on. I had an argument with someone about that and they wanted to keep the plastic sheet on. They knew it was there.

Flippers were not too bad when I played both of them, but usually the flippers get turned down a bit during shows because they get no rest at all. I know for a fact that JJP also does this.

Playfield was indeed dark, but the one on the inside ring was darker than the one on the outside ring (which got more ambient light) so that could vary depending on your gameroom lighting. I plan to put in some ledstrips underneath the metal that holds the glass in.

#18464 6 years ago

The free big backglass screen upgrade for HW direct LE customers is nice, but sadly does nothing for Cointaker LE customers which I'm sure there are still a decent amount. Hopefully they'll include free non reflective glass (still not close to the price of the big screen upgrade but it's still something) and maybe something else? I don't know if it should be on HW or Cointaker?
Excited they seem to keep shipping games, hopefully they are listening to the QC concerns brought up in this thread.

#18465 6 years ago

man it would be great to open an le for xmas!!

#18466 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Most probably the case as both Aliens pins present had the same blurry screen.

They must not have pulled the protective film off the LCD plastic Playfield insert.

It's die cut and hard to tell it's even on there.

#18467 6 years ago

So my replacement screen came today and works perfectly. I also got the beacons wired up so this thing is shooting on all cylinders 100% perfect.

I received the new screen in less than 3 days which was great to see.

Beacons are a must IMO if you have the space.

Edit video of beacons in action

20171113_140814 (resized).jpg20171113_140814 (resized).jpg
20171113_140737 (resized).jpg20171113_140737 (resized).jpg

#18468 6 years ago

Yup, would also like to know the plan for cointaker LE machines since ours already came with LCDs. They said a while ago that refunds of the fiber optic were the case....but now maybe not?? Still uncertain.

#18469 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I received the new screen in less than 3 days which was great to see.

Excellent! So, is now EVERYTHING working 100% on your machine?

#18470 6 years ago

Nice to see the game with the becons on , i have not seen it live before.

Waiting for my personal LE hope to get it before X-mas.

#18471 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Excellent! So, is now EVERYTHING working 100% on your machine?

Thanks and yes 100%! No new or open issues. Works perfectly. The only other thing I did was put mylar on the gap between the pf and the right ramp as it occasionally get stuck there. No longer happening with the mylar. Suggest doing the same when new owners get the machine - in fact mylar a lot of places!

#18472 6 years ago

So this weekend was the biggest turnament in pinball for Sweden ( and one of the bigger competitions outside USA ).

300 + players have gone to the town Orebro and had the "flipper sm" or in english "Swedish championship in pinball" that have been a tradition for over 20 year.

As the distributer for Heighwaypinball we brought the Aline game to the show and had it on freeplay from Friday to Sunday and on Saturday the game had to work hard .

Power on 10.00 in the mornig and power of 02.30 in the night ,so the game did 14.30 play time with a long line of new and pro players ( and late some of them might have been drinking some B**R and was qiute strong in their hands ....)

We had the second "facehugger competition" and the winner made 169.000.000 points and was happy to bering home the heavy price.

We just made 2 facehugger trophy in total so now they are all gone.

We got some new orders for the Alien games and also sendt out 2 games today to new home.

But most of all we had some realy nice days and playing pinball ...

alien xx1 planch (resized).JPGalien xx1 planch (resized).JPG

alien xx2 bara pokal (resized).JPGalien xx2 bara pokal (resized).JPG

alien xx1 pokal (resized).JPGalien xx1 pokal (resized).JPG

alien xx1 tshirt (resized).JPGalien xx1 tshirt (resized).JPG

alien xx1 foaje (resized).JPGalien xx1 foaje (resized).JPG

alien xx1 line (resized).JPGalien xx1 line (resized).JPG

#18473 6 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

So this weekend was the biggest turnament in pinball for Sweden ( and one of the bigger competitions outside USA ).
300 + players have gone to the town Orebro and had the "flipper sm" or in english "Swedish championship in pinball" that have been a tradition for over 20 year.
As the distributer for Heighwaypinball we brought the Aline game to the show and had it on freeplay from Friday to Sunday and on Saturday the game had to work hard .
Power on 10.00 in the mornig and power of 02.30 in the night ,so the game did 14.30 play time with a long line of new and pro players ( and late some of them might have been drinking some B**R and was qiute strong in their hands ....)
We had the second "facehugger competition" and the winner made 169.000.000 points and was happy to bering home the heavy price.
We just made 2 facehugger trophy in total so now they are all gone.
We got some new orders for the Alien games and also sendt out 2 games today to new home.
But most of all we had some realy nice days and playing pinball ...

Nice! How did the machine do? Any issues?

#18474 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nice! How did the machine do? Any issues?

We hade to reeboot the game once on Saturday, the game could noot feel teh ball , just turn om and of and it worked fine again.

The game worked fine , the only problem we realy had was the top flipper on the right side stoped working 2 timed for like 15-20 seconds and then back again

Cant see the problem but have sent question to Heighway and waiting for ide , now i have run like 30 games today in home and no problem at all.

Late on Saturday the flippers feelt a bitt weeker then in the morning , maybe not so starnge after more then 12 hour of playing every minute , it was a long line and waiting time to the game all day .

#18475 6 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

We hade to reeboot the game once on Saturday, the game could noot feel teh ball , just turn om and of and it worked fine again.
The game worked fine , the only problem we realy had was the top flipper on the right side stoped working 2 timed for like 15-20 seconds and then back again
Cant see the problem but have sent question to Heighway and waiting for ide , now i have run like 30 games today in home and no problem at all.
Late on Saturday the flippers feelt a bitt weeker then in the morning , maybe not so starnge after more then 12 hour of playing every minute , it was a long line and waiting time to the game all day .

that's great to hear. It sounds like there are some factory presented errors (identified by the buyer upon arrival) but otherwise the games play well and can handle a good amount of play which is the most important part.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18476 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I also got the beacons wired up so this thing is shooting on all cylinders 100% perfect.
Beacons are a must IMO if you have the space.
Edit video of beacons in action
» YouTube video

Oh I have got to get on that...looks great! If you post up some instructions that would be most appreciated.

#18477 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Oh I have got to get on that...looks great! If you post up some instructions that would be most appreciated.

Thanks. ALL CREDIT goes to user libtech who documented instructions in the official club thread:

See this link, post #14.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable

A few edits to them:

1) I drilled two holes to get the speaker wires from the beacons through the inside of the cabinet but i did not drill three additional holes to screw in the beacons and used black tap instead. I didn't want to drill anymore than necessary especially if someone doesn't have the ceiling room. In addition, the tape holds them well and can't be seen b/c it's 3m black double sided tape. My machine had pre drilled circles in the inside of the head but not on the outside so I had to drill through. I did use the inside circles to line up where the beacons should go. I suspect all Alien have these predrilled circles in the wood.

2) You have to buy additional speaker wire (18 or 20 gauge is fine) to extend the wires that come with the beacon. Solder or wing nuts to connect them together work well.

3) I spray painted the bottom part of the light (as it comes white) by first unattaching everything so I only had those white lids (didn't want to spray anything else) and I put them on 3m double sided tap on a upside paper plate so I can rotate the bottom part while spray painting it. Let it dry for a few hours.

4) The trickiest part for me was connecting these beacons to the harness in the head unit. Basically you take the positive from each beacon wire and twist them together, same with negative side and then you put those combined wires (pos and neg) into the white harness in the correct slot (see pic in the club thread - there are red arrows). To put the combined speaker wire in the harness you need first insert the combined speaker wire into a molex metal connector. I bought them here (you have to insert them into the pointed adapter (male). Once they are in these metal male adaptors you insert that adaptor into the white harness in the exact slot that are pointed out in that pic with red arrows. You then reconnect the harness (the same harness that you connected to make the monitor have a display, back box lights, etc) with those two male adaptors already connected. Turn the machine on and they should come on after the alien sticks its tongue out and retracts. They will then turn off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TAUL7S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

5) I ended up using normal lights (not LEDs) as I wanted that old school lighting....

As a new buyer, I would have just had the factory install but I didn't have a choice (mine came without and I bought late).

#18478 6 years ago

Whatever happened with the launch button not lighting up @delt31? what was the fix...

#18479 6 years ago

Whatever happened with the launch button not lighting up delt31? what was the fix...

Not sure - mine always worked. It might have been someone else and if I recall correctly, the wiring was reversed?

#18480 6 years ago

Whatever happened with the launch button not lighting up

Mine had that problem and I think at least one other person did as well. They have 2 sets of wires for the button and the wrong ones had been installed. Simple fix to switch wires.

#18481 6 years ago

delt, what sheen did you use for your spray paint? I tried flat at first, but it looked too dull so I went with semi-gloss. Neither of them match the cab exactly.

#18482 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Mine had that problem and I think at least one other person did as well. They have 2 sets of wires for the button and the wrong ones had been installed. Simple fix to switch wires.

Yep, that was me...same fix.

#18483 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

delt, what sheen did you use for your spray paint? I tried flat at first, but it looked too dull so I went with semi-gloss. Neither of them match the cab exactly.

Went black gloss - matches well. Btw this is the drill I used for the hole.

I might add the LEDs to the inside side art next. Not sure about it yet but I probably will. We'll see. I have the LED strips and the power adaptor from another project so it's a matter of unscrewing the art, sliding in the LED strips and plug in adaptor. If I do I'll post after pics....I kind of dig the lighting right now..

20171112_082918 (resized).jpg20171112_082918 (resized).jpg

#18484 6 years ago

Hey guys, if anyone wants to do beacon lights I ordered a set when I had the game on order and they are sitting in my shop. I will sell them for $20 Canadian for the two. Plus shipping. Let me know if interested.

#18485 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Hey guys, if anyone wants to do beacon lights I ordered a set when I had the game on order and they are sitting in my shop. I will sell them for $20 Canadian for the two. Plus shipping. Let me know if interested.

Ship to US?

#18486 6 years ago

How tall is the game with the beacons on top?

#18487 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks and yes 100%! No new or open issues. Works perfectly. The only other thing I did was put mylar on the gap between the pf and the right ramp as it occasionally get stuck there. No longer happening with the mylar. Suggest doing the same when new owners get the machine - in fact mylar a lot of places!

I admire and respect your positive disposition through your bumps with the game!

Certainly a lesson to be learned for others.

#18488 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I admire and respect your positive disposition through your bumps with the game!
Certainly a lesson to be learned for others.

For a guy that jumped in very literally last minute and has not been through all the drama that us who've been at this for a lot longer and screwed over countless times and still dont have anything to show.....his posts just twist the knife more and more every time. Yeah I would be happy to call in right now and order a LE and have it shipped out on the next container. It would just be a normal business dealing. But to those that have been waiting and dealing for years of lies and deceit and such, its gut wrenching when they post all these happy and overzealous posts about how great these same people are who have screwed everyone else over lol. It strikes a nerve after a point.....

#18489 6 years ago

You have to remember that when they bild the LE the have alot of paid in full customers that they would have to give games - so that would mean no profit coming in which is what they need now. If they keep making standards and I be youll start seeing one or two les per batch.

#18490 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

You have to remember that when they bild the LE the have alot of paid in full customers that they would have to give games - so that would mean no profit coming in which is what they need now. If they keep making standards and I be youll start seeing one or two les per batch.

I disagree, as many, many prorder LE guys just put deposits in. Should be some decent money on the table, stiil.

If new LEs arrive that arent for early adopters, Ill admit that is way, way below the belt.

#18491 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

For a guy that jumped in very literally last minute and has not been through all the drama that us who've been at this for a lot longer and screwed over countless times and still dont have anything to show.....his posts just twist the knife more and more every time. Yeah I would be happy to call in right now and order a LE and have it shipped out on the next container. It would just be a normal business dealing. But to those that have been waiting and dealing for years of lies and deceit and such, its gut wrenching when they post all these happy and overzealous posts about how great these same people are who have screwed everyone else over lol. It strikes a nerve after a point.....

Tend to agree on this one...his enthusiasm and persistence got him the game, and his original intent was to keep us posted on delivery.
To now become the " Alien resource" tends to sting alot of us . Glad the game is fine...might be time for him to enjoy it, and let the thread rest, as more of us eventually get the games we committed to years ago. Posting mylar tips is somewhat naive to those of us that check all of our games for such things. Maybe our turn now....

#18492 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Tend to agree on this one...his enthusiasm and persistence got him the game, and his original intent was to keep us posted on delivery.
To now become the " Alien resource" tends to sting alot of us . Glad the game is fine...might be time for him to enjoy it, and let the thread rest, as more of us eventually get the games we committed to years ago. Posting mylar tips is somewhat naive to those of us that check all of our games for such things. Maybe our turn now....

That's exactly the way it feels. It's gotten to that point again like where he got called out last time for. For him to be posting in the manner he is with him only very recently jumping on board and getting a game over us very early adopters, it strikes that nerve like it's almost rubbing salt in the wound I guess. And his "updates" have now got into annoying territory. It's still a very sore open wound for us and talking and posting that way comes off very brash, especially after he was already told to cut it back. Post unboxings and heighway/cointaker updates or rants here, otherwise move over to the review thread and post your "how to's" and pinball basics or reviews there.

#18493 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's been less than 4 days and with the lights not working, back light and side either, now the mini tv pulling this, I'm out with this machine. Working with CT now. I like to think I just got a lemon (who knows what's next) and hopefully others have better experiences. I will keep everyone posted.

Karma is a bitch!

#18494 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Karma is a bitch!

Not really. My game is perfect just a few out of box issues that you might also have if you get one. Don't worry many of us have included tips to help others so come back and check the thread if you need help.

Definitely not the alien resource - just sharing my experiences this far. I can sense the sensitivity level is beginning to rise again for whatever reason though. I'll switch over to the club thread as a current owner to share experiences and updates. Cheers

#18495 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not really. My game is perfect just a few out of box issues that you might also have if you get one. Don't worry many of us have included tips to help others so come back and check the thread if you need help.
I can sense the sensitivity level is beginning to rise again for whatever reason. I'll switch over to the club thread as a current owner to share experiences and updates. Cheers

Thank you.

#18497 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

That's exactly the way it feels. It's gotten to that point again like where he got called out last time for. For him to be posting in the manner he is with him only very recently jumping on board and getting a game over us very early adopters, it strikes that nerve like it's almost rubbing salt in the wound I guess. And his "updates" have now got into annoying territory. It's still a very sore open wound for us and talking and posting that way comes off very brash, especially after he was already told to cut it back. Post unboxings and heighway/cointaker updates or rants here, otherwise move over to the review thread and post your "how to's" and pinball basics or reviews there.

I completely disagree and welcome delt31 comments... otherwise seems like sour grapes. I enjoy seeing others getting the pin and feeling happy for them. I’m in on a LE and will welcome my pin when it’s ready.

#18498 6 years ago

delt31 don’t listen to all those people, this is the official aliens thread and I have been very interested in all of your posts and updates. These guys just have a axe to grind and can’t be happy because they preordered something and got screwed. ( news flash! Stop preordering games.)

#18499 6 years ago

Btw, I am building a goonies pinball machine out of my garage and will have 100 machines built by end of next year. Please send your annual paychecks to my address in Virginia. No refunds. Sorry.

#18500 6 years ago

Btw, I am building a goonies pinball machine out of my garage and will have 100 machines built by end of next year. Please send your annual paychecks to my address in Virginia. No refunds. Sorry.

I don’t think that joke is going to go over too well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,999 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 370 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.