pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 367 of 601.
#18301 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

At least let the Andrew thing go. That's done. It's over Johnny.

wickerman2
i understand Andrews legacy may be a difficult topic for you. after sifting through your 650+ predominately wisecracking posts, one would find that you were one of Andrews biggest backers, even in the face of damning evidence. it took you a long time to finally stop giving him the benefit of the doubt and lay low on the subject, apparently shamed when he finally stepped down by taking a full month off from posting in this thread.

how much goodwill did Andrew buy just because he hand delivered a FT to you at a trade show? quite a bit, i gather, by how adamant you were that he and his company could do little wrong based solely on the fact that he had made/delivered only a small number of physical games.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Met Andrew at RMPS. He was nice enough to deliver my Full Throttle to me since he was coming to show(he actually held on to it for a few months until I was able to take delivery which was cool as well). We assembled the game and he walked me through all of it/double checked it was all working and then broke it down and even helped me load it in my vehicle.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

I've ordered and received a pinball machine. My information is based on that experience.

in the end, like so many others, your support for Andrew was proven wrong. and yet today, you still watch over him by asking others to take their displeasure elsewhere. sorry he fell short of your expectations.

when responding to legitimate concerns, especially shortly before Andrew stepped down, you told people 'dont worry. all is well', but with an attitude that was often both flippant and nonchalant. today, we know that position was tenuous.

March 2017 2v 16^

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nobody is getting scammed by Heighway... The game's late but does exist obviously. They were a bit disorganized with a few refunds but that's getting sorted out... The head of the company actually visits the forum and talks to you...

We are still talking about buying a big toy essentially right? That's supposed to be fun. I think the company has been verified enough to relax slightly. It's really not that serious, all things considered planetarily speaking these days.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

your overall tone STRONGLY suggests that people be worried/afraid/cautious/terror level orange at least. I'm probably way off and you can post another head in the sand pic...which, logically would come across as there is "something" to have my head in the sand about (which there is not). See what I mean?
It's not a big deal either way...

June 2017

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Dear Heighway,
Please hold my hand and tell me it's OK daily via this thread or I will will freak out even though you are shipping games.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

You'll either get your refund back or you won't. People will get their games or they won't.

#18302 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

This good enough?
EDIT: I broke out the meter and it's like it looks, the left two are connected and the right two.

I got the same:
20171101_202353 (resized).jpg20171101_202353 (resized).jpg

#18303 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

jeffspinballpalace : your personal opinion has been heard. You are reaching broken record status. Please move along from this issue without further debate.

Tiger to the rescue.

#18304 6 years ago

I'm not reading your whole post...I get the gist of it--you are a troll and you are trying to bait me. I'm a grown ass man and I stand by everything I said. I'm not getting in a grade school gotcha with you. I don't take pinball that serious. Bigger fish to fry in life. With shit that I have been through in the past few years, pinball is a lighthearted outlet for me. Cheers and good health.

#18305 6 years ago

Andrew looked me in the eyes and delivered a deliberate, bold faced lie. After he ‘once again’ reassured me that I would “go to the front of the line” and get my LE Full Throttle and Alien LE by late summer (guaranteed), I agreed to send him payment in full (plus air freight). He committed fraud. It is beyond just running a business and then failing at it. The next question is, did he simply empty the bank account and then slink away. I have another few months before statute of limitations will force me to file a lawsuit (assuming UK mirrors US law). Hopefully I can get satisfaction before then....

#18306 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm not reading your whole post...I get the gist of it--you are a troll and you are trying to bait me. I'm a grown ass man and I stand by everything I said. I'm not getting in a grade school gotcha with you. I don't take pinball that serious. Bigger fish to fry in life. With shit that I have been through in the past few years, pinball is a lighthearted outlet for me. Cheers and good health.

You're so doing it wrong. He went through all the trouble of sifting back through your old posts and wrote that whole thing and you're not even going to take the time to get upset and write a long response addressing each of his criticisms? Why, in troll-speak, you're practically admitting he's right about everything and you're just deflecting because his argument is so strong.

Quoted from Davidus56:

I have another few months before statute of limitations will force me to file a lawsuit (assuming UK mirrors US law). Hopefully I can get satisfaction before then....

Since you seem to have mentioned the lawsuit thing a few times, if you're serious, I'd recommend you start looking into relevant UK/US law differences now and absolutely don't assume anything like a statute of limitations will necessarily be similar.

#18307 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Andrew looked me in the eyes and delivered a deliberate, bold faced lie. After he ‘once again’ reassured me that I would “go to the front of the line” and get my LE Full Throttle and Alien LE by late summer (guaranteed), I agreed to send him payment in full (plus air freight). He committed fraud. It is beyond just running a business and then failing at it. The next question is, did he simply empty the bank account and then slink away. I have another few months before statute of limitations will force me to file a lawsuit (assuming UK mirrors US law). Hopefully I can get satisfaction before then....

Who are you sueing again? Andrew is long gone and anything he promised you no longer applies to Heighway pinball. Good luck getting any money out of Andrew.

#18308 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I have to commend you for how you're handling yourself on this thread even with all the trolls circling you. The assumptions being made on this thread are beyond ridiculous. Andrew is in the past. This game is amazing. Mine has run with zero problems except for my plunger button needed to have a couple wires switched to make sure it lights up. Easily fixed. The code is very very good. The layout and placement of flippers has made this game really stand out as being unique. Sound and artwork is sooooooo special. This one is truly worth the wait. I hope everyone gets their machine. You'll be so pleased to have it. It would be a travesty if this machine didn't get mass produced.

#18309 6 years ago

Does anyone know the make/model for the 10" LCD they use in the PF?

#18310 6 years ago

Anyone else having an issue with when you press the flipper buttons' some of the lights light up a bit near the flippers? Other than this anomaly, my game is playing perfect!

#18311 6 years ago

Mine does that flicker, I thought it was on purpose, But maybe it's some interference from running the flipper power wires parallel with everything else?

#18312 6 years ago
Quoted from jesselee72:

Anyone else having an issue with when you press the flipper buttons' some of the lights light up a bit near the flippers? Other than this anomaly, my game is playing perfect!

Quoted from Kneissl:

Mine does that flicker, I thought it was on purpose, But maybe it's some interference from running the flipper power wires parallel with everything else?

Mine does this also...not sure it's issue though...might be normal/on purpose.

#18313 6 years ago

Mine flickers also, seen video of others with the flicker. Good to know its common on all new games, though it does concern me a little!

#18314 6 years ago

I have to say as of right now everything on mine appears to be working propery. All lights, Xeno head, Start button, launcher...never had a reset (no shaker) and have never had an everlasting multiball.

#18315 6 years ago

Very pleased with my game, not too worried about the flicker issue, I'm sure it will be resolved, it might even literally be a part of it. I should message Highway and ask them what is the story on it ... Game seems very solid and has a very fresh layout. Love the sounds and rule set is great! I had to reset the game one time out of over 100 games as the play field monitor acted funky one time. Very happy with this title.

#18316 6 years ago

I saw the flickering on @kneissl's machine, it's definitely the serial leds getting garbled by noise or bouncy ground.

I figured once the "newness" wears off, I'd help him with a fix to make them more stable.

#18317 6 years ago

So how about that... sports... thing. With bases and like, balls and that.

#18318 6 years ago

Just a heads up Morgan and Helmut have been very responsive to my emails. Hoping they are turning the corner and reading these posts. Again hope everyone gets there refund who has requested it and hope they ramp up production for those that want one . Truly and Incredible game, nothing like I have played before. You get sucked into the game play and really feel like your battling Aliens and that you are a part of the movie.

#18319 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

So how about that... sports... thing. With bases and like, balls and that.

GTFO of here with that shit. We're talking Aliens!!!! *said all in good fun/not really serious*

#18320 6 years ago

I'm just staring at the photo of the wiring and device under the playfield. How remarkably different than anything I've been used to. Love it.

#18321 6 years ago

After nearly 5 months away, I have decided to come back to Pinside and defend myself, following a friend of mine telling me that there were serious libellous and slanderous comments being posted here.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Tough knowing that after four years and a management takeover following Andrew's absconding with the funds

This is a very serious accusation, and one that you have presented as a ‘fact’. What proof do you have that I have stolen money from the company? You should investigate just how serious claims of libel and slander can be for the poster.

Andrew’s embezzling of funds is not an established fact - rather it is speculation that is based on logic of the events that unfolded. The only ways you would know for certain that an employee takes funds are 1) a lawsuit is filed and litigated or 2) public acknowledgement by HP - neither of which is likely to occur. Instead we only need to examine what we already know.
Events - In Nov / Dec of 2016 Andrew made a big push to collect balance of funds owed on Alien, which easily amounts to hundreds of thousands of dollars. This might have been an average of $7.5k owed for upwards of 200 games. Without knowledge of specific amount, assume it is a lot of money. In Dec of 2016, Heighway Pinball filed legal documentation showing they only had a few thousand dollars cash balance. Many of the largest suppliers and subcontractors have since admitted they have not been paid. In late 2016, Andrew purchased a license to operate a hydrofoil business. After taking in hundreds of thousands of dollars in Nov and Dec, HP still owed its vendors and subcontractors, did not build/ship any pinball machines and had no money. Andrew completely abandons the company and shortly thereafter the new investor group steps up. They have purchased all liabilities and assets and Andrew owns nothing more to do with HP. When CEO of a small company jumps ship, having recently collected hundreds of thousands of dollars, having no significant bank balance and still owing hundreds of thousands in liabilities, indicates to me he was fleeing quickly, and was not even bothering to lock the door behind him. Who does that and what other possible explanation is there?
Do I think Andrew mentions any of this info to his trusted private investors, that have suddenly became owners of HP - Hell No! Andrew likely changed them $1 for the company and the liabilities. The new owners knew about the lack of money to build the 200 games, but probably DID NOT know Andrew had recently siphoned off hundreds of thousands of dollars. Nor did they probably know the vendors and suppliers WERE STILL owed hundreds of thousands. If you were the new owners - would you admit to being screwed by the departing CEO, or would you suck it up and keep going? I think they chose the latter and the lack of cashflow, much of which was likely unknown and underestimated may do them in.

So my stealing money has gone from fact, to just your opinion now?

I’ve rarely read such a load of bs in all my life. Pure guesswork. $7.5k collected on 200 games? Rubbish. Our biggest suppliers not getting paid? Which ones? Most of our parts were pre-paid. A minority of suppliers only were owed money. I purchased a license to operate a hydrofoil business? Really? Where are these ‘top secret’ papers that you claim to have been handed? The truth is that I formed a UK company online more than a year ago called ‘Hydrofoils UK’ for one of my hobbies. The company has never been used, is dormant and likely to be struck off the register soon.

Now you’re back to your so-called ‘fact’ that I siphoned off hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Fact - In Nov / Dec of 2016 Andrew made a big push to collect balance of funds owed on Alien (I personally sent $7k and many others mentioned having done the same.),
Opinion - which easily amounts to hundreds of thousands of dollars. This might have been an average of $7.5k owed for upwards of 200 games. Without knowledge of specific amount, assume it is a lot of money.
Fact - In Dec of 2016, Heighway Pinball filed legal documentation showing they only had a few thousand dollars cash balance.
Fact - Many of the largest suppliers and subcontractors have since admitted they have not been paid.
Fact - In late 2016, Andrew purchased a license to operate a hydrofoil business.
Opinion - After taking in hundreds of thousands of dollars in Nov and Dec,
Fact - as of Dec, HP still owed its vendors and subcontractors, did not build/ship any pinball machines and had no money.

1. Hundreds of thousands of dollars? Rubbish. Also your assumptions don’t factor in the many cancellations we had. Why did we have many cancellations at the time? A well-known Podcaster here was incessantly posting podcasts aimed at destroying the company. Also, two ‘anonymous’ ex-employees were posting damaging comments, even though they were under NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). Also, a UK poster here – again under NDA – went on a campaign to destroy the company. Not only this, but this person emailed HP customers directly and telling them to cancel their orders. You tell me a company that can effectively survive such hostility towards it? Combined, these led to nervousness amongst customers and many cancelled. If cancellations are greater than orders? You do the math jeffspinballpalace
2. December 16 filing – this was a filing on the end of year (March 2016) accounts and reflects the situation at the end of March 2016, and after financial consolidations by the company’s accountant. This does NOT reflect cash in the company in December 2016.
3. Please list these ‘largest’ suppliers who were not paid?
4. I purchased a license to run a hydrofoil business? Rubbish. I spent £40 on forming a company that was never used. Again you allege I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on this so please provide the evidence
5. We were manufacturing games in December 2016 – this is a fact.

Ultimately, many people may not like me or how things turned out. Technical problems (delays) and vendettas against the company made life very difficult for the company. We also had huge problems with some of our suppliers that added months onto production schedules. Delays of any reason don’t stop a company’s overheads (staff, factory, etc…) and it’s refreshing to see that the business-minded among Pinside recognise this.

The company reached the point when more funds were needed and I had no choice but to step away from the company I originally founded from my garage in 2012. It was gutting and heart-wrenching, but I did so, ensuring that everyone associated with the company would be protected – including customers, employees, suppliers, distributers, partners and investors.

As a customer who paid money for a game, Jeff, you have every right to be angry about the situation – but I can’t just sit back and see you spout bullsh*t about me personally, and accuse me of being a thief. You should really be careful about making such damaging and unsubstantiated claims that could be used against you legally.

I understand that refunds have been issued and people are receiving their games. This is great to hear but I am truly sorry for any customers who have received neither yet. I understand, and still believe, that everyone owed money or games by HP will ultimately receive what they are due – but I’m sorry, I am no longer associated with the company and hence, cannot comment any further.

I made a lot of good friends here and realise that most people here are good folk who have a real passion for pinball. To the many people I know here - I wish you all well and nothing but the best.

Andrew

#18322 6 years ago

Nice to see from you Andrew.

If you have any contact with the new owners, I would appreciate you reaching out to help get me the replacement game (as promised).

Helmut has been trying but I have gotten no communication from the decision makers in quite a while now. Our original #2 game is limping along (as you know > light board issues, nonworking xeno, airlock screen frozen, etc...) and our promised game to replace it is nowhere in sight without firm commitment on when it is coming.

The new owners really NEED to show they are supporting the original buyers and they need to do so very soon. It raises concern for the longevity of the company when they are not taking care of early adopters, even after committing to do so. The lack of communication is both unprofessional and frustrating.

If you, or David, or Joe, or anyone can help to get a resolution it would be appreciated.

I think current and future Alien owners need to see this support.

#18323 6 years ago

If that's really Andrew, not sure i would have bothered posting here again, but i certainly understand why you did.

Really wish you hadn't included this though:

Quoted from AndrewH:

Why did we have many cancellations at the time? A well-known Podcaster here was incessantly posting podcasts aimed at destroying the company.

That's just going to further validate his attention-seeking behavior. Bet it's mentioned in an upcoming podcast.

#18324 6 years ago

If Heighway Pinball didn’t have the funds to produce Aliens without pre-selling, they should of never started the company.

#18325 6 years ago

While its not my position to say, I only wish to add, that what I am aware of, and it supports Andrew.
People in consuming gossip, create their own conclusions, broadcast, others repeat as fact.
Like it or not, our unnamed agitator, has done more damage to this hobby than people might believe.
Aliens Rocks, plain and simple, and is an example of insane hard work, dedication, and funds.
Seeing Andrew here warms my heart, my friend... So sorry about the circumstances.
I hope your health is much improved.

#18326 6 years ago

Some input for the potential code update....

It would be nice if the game had a distinct sounds effect when the ball comes back into play from right outlane via that Indiana Jones like return. In that game it had a cool sounds effect and I think it would work well here.

Also I noticed that I can trigger a rescue more that if I hit xeno the tongue effect goes off. Never noticed before.... Great game

#18327 6 years ago

So, its everyones fault but Andrew?

If he personally didn’t run the company into the ground, he wouldn’t have to come on here and defend himself under AndrewH.

#18328 6 years ago

BASES. BALLS. DISCUSS.

#18329 6 years ago

Nope. I definitely made mistakes as well

#18330 6 years ago

andrew had a dream that i wished could've came true. I'am a fan and supported him. thanks for giving it what you got.

#18331 6 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Nope. I definitely made mistakes as well

Like lying to customers like me and stating the Le's are in production and it's time to send in the next payment to lock in your order and have your game shipped? By coming back on this forum, all you do is bring up bad memories for people who trusted you. I never need to see any posts from you. Just go away, please.

#18332 6 years ago

I think you're getting catfished' dudes! (I doubt that's Andrew)

#18333 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Mine flickers also, seen video of others with the flicker. Good to know its common on all new games, though it does concern me a little!

The flicker is not a software bug - it's caused by some electrical interference. However, I think with some code changes we can work around this. I'm already working on it and it looks promising. Thanks for your patience!

#18334 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Just go away, please

Hey relax man! He was just going through up vote withdrawls...

#18335 6 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

The flicker is not a software bug - it's caused by some electrical interference. However, I think with some code changes we can work around this. I'm already working on it and it looks promising. Thanks for your patience!

You guys kick serous ass!!

#18336 6 years ago

I totally agree - talk about just great people to have code this thing. They listen, respond, help - top tier guys!

#18337 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I think you're getting catfished' dudes! (I doubt that's Andrew)

Quoted from nman:

If that's really Andrew,

I can confirm that it's really him.

#18338 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

You guys kick serous ass!!

Been playing it a lot and it's simply time to admit to myself that this is the greatest pinball machine I've ever played. It's the complete package. Of course if it breaks in a week and I can't get fixed I'd be pissed.

It does take getting used to. You are going to CLUNK a lot of shots until you figure them out. The shots are pretty tight and some are really tight. Once you start to get a feel for them this thing can really flow! Upper right though the upper left loop is STUPID FAST. Even back to back outer loops can get cranking.

Favorite shot of course is the lower right to the middle left to the upper right to the upper left ramp. It's like nailing the "Picard maneuver"...but more satisfying.

#18339 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Been playing it a lot and it's simply time to admit to myself that this is the greatest pinball machine I've ever played. It's the complete package. Of course if it breaks in a week and I can't get fixed I'd be pissed.
It does take getting used to. You are going to CLUNK a lot of shots until you figure them out. The shots are pretty tight and some are really tight. Once you start to get a feel for them this thing can really flow! Upper right though the upper left loop is STUPID FAST. Even back to back outer loops can get cranking.
Favorite shot of course is the lower right to the middle left to the upper right to the upper left ramp. It's like nailing the "Picard maneuver"...but more satisfying.

I have been saying the same thing. It just keeps getting better. I have not played a new machine that has sucked me in as much as this one. I f'n love it.

#18340 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

speaking of tight shots - how is your right orbit doing? When the ball comes down from it (after a non clean shot does't make it go around) I feel like it should always come back to flipper but sometimes it hits the right sling on mine. How does yours play?

#18341 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can confirm thats it's really him.

Well then, that's cool of Andrew to check back in. Makes me believe the new owner's read this thread too despite their lack of posting. People start to speculate and assume shit to be true, if not told otherwise. Jeff'sPinball went a lil too far "assuming" shit but HP could simply post what's up with their LE plans..and explain why all the refunds havent been issued. (Even if it's because the funds aren't there..or any other assumed reason) and the energy around this pin would be ALL positive!

#18342 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

the energy around this pin would be ALL positive!

Pinside would find a way

On another positive note, my trough is fine, magnatized balls - the steel must not be pure stainless is all so they stick a bit make sure to use cabon balls not chrome

Also, Im told the parts to make my game 100% and update the code to current are on their way, will update when they show. But hopefully it seems some focus will be put on servicing nonworking games, which will really improve buyer confidence.

#18343 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

speaking of tight shots - how is your right orbit doing? When the ball comes down from it (after a non clean shot does't make it go around) I feel like it should always come back to flipper but sometimes it hits the right sling on mine. How does yours play?

Left orbit is clean back to the flipper. The right orbit can sometimes hit the sling.

#18344 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Left orbit is clean back to the flipper. The right orbit can sometimes hit the sling.

OK - that's how mine is too.

#18345 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

. Once you start to get a feel for them this thing can really flow!.

Oh man does it flow!
What kind of scores are you guys getting? My best is around 150mil. It seems like I'm coming out of ambush or maybe sentry gun (or both?) with buku points if I hit a decent number of shots. Still working on completing most of the modes.. I think I've completed 3 maybe 4.. you really gotta have the shots locked in to progress through.

Edit: right orbit for me is no sling with good speed, but sling if it's moving slow unless you give a tap as it comes off the orbit.

#18346 6 years ago

Does anyone know what the current price of SE and LE are at this time?

#18347 6 years ago

I'm still trying to figure out how to get to the eggs(pop bumpers) in Derelict Ship and Queens Nest. My orbit shots go right by them and the upper right flipper to inner orbit is a bear.

#18348 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I'm still trying to figure out how to get to the eggs(pop bumpers) in Derelict Ship and Queens Nest. My orbit shots go right by them and the upper right flipper to inner orbit is a bear.

In Derelict Ship, the green orbit should divert the ball into the pops; the blue orbit will travel around. In Queen's Nest, both orbits should always divert to the pops. If this isn't happening, check if the two posts near the top L-V lanes are working properly. (In the operator menus, Tests > Up Post Test should help.)

#18349 6 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Does anyone know what the current price of SE and LE are at this time?

American Distributor, 8K: https://cointaker.com/t/aliens

#18350 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

In Derelict Ship, the green orbit should divert the ball into the pops; the blue orbit will travel around. In Queen's Nest, both orbits should always divert to the pops. If this isn't happening, check if the two posts near the top L-V lanes are working properly. (In the operator menus, Tests > Up Post Test should help.)

Thanks! Will do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,999 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 367 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/367?hl=wizwiggy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.