zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,030 posts in this topic. You are on page 364 of 601.
#18151 6 years ago

So far I have not had a single random reset. No shaker.

#18152 6 years ago

I have resets and I have shaker. Resets to bios.

#18153 6 years ago

I got this info from Helmut at Heighway Customer Support ... those of you with shakers and game resets, perhaps check this out? (Of course, please turn off your game before playing with connectors on the power board

-----

The shaker may be connected the wrong way round on the power supply. As you look at the power supply from the coin door the red cable of the connector should be left and the black on the right side. If it is the other way round the game will reset when the shaker is active.

#18154 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I have resets and I have shaker. Resets to bios.

I would adjust the shaker to the following

IMG_0734 (resized).JPGIMG_0734 (resized).JPG

IMG_0735 (resized).JPGIMG_0735 (resized).JPG

#18155 6 years ago

I have the shaker set to 30, so far so good. I'm going to disconnect the shaker and see if my reetting issue goes away. Still extremely happy with the game. It's really fun to play, very difficult but satisfying. Game has great flow also .Heighway has an incredible game here, they just need to get the factory cranking out games.

#18156 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

...Heighway has an incredible game here, they just need to get the factory cranking out games.

..... after adding a step to their manufacturing process to perform a final quality check on all pins prior to boxing.

#18157 6 years ago

The shaker settings that Join_The_Cirqus posted are the factory defaults in 1.02, but it's a good idea to check them just in case. The power adjustment is the more important one; the frequency controls how often the shaker will be use during the game.

#18158 6 years ago

Is there a setting that controls magnet strength by xeno? I would like to increase if possible as I've seen a number of times where the ball is not captured and comes back down to my flippers when xeno is triggered

#18159 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is there a setting that controls magnet strength by xeno? I would like to increase if possible as I've seen a number of times where the ball is not captured and comes back down to my flippers when xeno is triggered

How often does this happen, percentage wise?

#18160 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How often does this happen, percentage wise?

Only happens on mine when the ball has a lot of speed moving away from the magnet. If it's anywhere near the magnet it gets sucked in.

#18161 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The shaker may be connected the wrong way round on the power supply. As you look at the power supply from the coin door the red cable of the connector should be left and the black on the right side. If it is the other way round the game will reset when the shaker is active.

Has this worked for anyone?

#18162 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I got this info from Helmut at Heighway Customer Support ... those of you with shakers and game resets, perhaps check this out? (Of course, please turn off your game before playing with connectors on the power board )

-----

Helmut provided a photo of the correct cable positioning:

IMG_20171030_172347 (resized).jpgIMG_20171030_172347 (resized).jpg

#18163 6 years ago

So is anyone else getting this or is it just me? I'm consistently scoring higher playing Aliens vs Alien. All my top scores have come from starting with Aliens. If I where to run into this pin in a tournament anytime soon I know I'd start with Aliens. Could just be me but that's my early observation...although I'm still miles from fully grasping all the rules.

#18164 6 years ago

Ok I disabled the shaker and no resets,.played 10 games. Normally I couldn't complete half of the games with the shaker on. I can say at thist point that the shaker on my game is causing my reset. Either it is shaking connections loose or drawing to much power restarting the game.

#18165 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

drawing to much power restring the game.

That would be my guess. The power supply is browning out under the demand causing the PC to reboot.

#18166 6 years ago

We just completed a video of the new Alien pinball machine. Love this game!!!!!!

I hope you enjoy it!

GAP

#18167 6 years ago

Jason,

How good does that look!!!! Great vid, trying to contain my excitement ( not working well)....thanks!!!!....mark

#18168 6 years ago

So my Launch button does not light up at all. If I push the Launch button during gameplay, it registers and works when using whatever weapon you have at that time. I switched the bulb with a bulb from the extra ball button and and the light will not work. It seems like the wiring is fine but maybe it's not? Am I missing something?
Besides that, machines is spectacular. Game play is off the hook.

#18169 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

So my Launch button does not light up at all.

Did you try going into test mode and running the All Lamps or Single Lamp Test?

#18170 6 years ago

I'm still waiting for my refund from them. Not too happy with Heighway right now

#18171 6 years ago

For anyone who has experienced an infinite ballsaver in multiball, please also check that all of your trough switches are working properly.

Remove all balls from the trough, then go into Tests/Active Switches. None of the trough switches should be displayed. Then one by one, add balls back into the trough and verify that the correct trough switches are displayed. With 1 ball installed, only "Trough 1" should be active. With 2 balls, you should see "Trough 1" and "Trough 2", and so forth. Any other results indicate a connection problem.

Ferret and I are still looking into the possibility of a code bug causing this, but neither has been able to reproduce it yet.

#18172 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

We just completed a video of the new Alien pinball machine. Love this game!!!!!!
» YouTube video
I hope you enjoy it!
GAP

Hey I finally get to see some modes finished. Good work.

Maybe it's actually a good thing the pops seldom seem to fire on any of these games... gives you more time to complete the modes

#18173 6 years ago

Nice meeting you @mk6pin
Anyone who hasn't played it, this game rocks!

IMG_20171030_212501387 (resized).jpgIMG_20171030_212501387 (resized).jpg

#18174 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Nice meeting you mk6pin
Anyone who hasn't played it, this game rocks!

Kneissl = great guy, and appreciate him letting me come by to play his Alien....2 words...HOLY SHIT!!! This machine exceeded my expectations, and one of the coolest layouts Ive ever played. ALL four flippers have great shots, and the game can be brutally fast.

This is the total package we have been waiting for...I NEED MINE!!!! More on gameplay later, but lets be clear ....the build, layout, immersion of this machine is like nothing Ive ever played before.....Wow, just Wow!!!

#18175 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Kneissl = great guy, and appreciate him letting me come by to play his Alien....2 words...HOLY SHIT!!! This machine exceeded my expectations, and one of the coolest layouts Ive ever played. ALL four flippers have great shots, and the game can be brutally fast.
This is the total package we have been waiting for...I NEED MINE!!!! More on gameplay later, but lets be clear ....the build, layout, immersion of this machine is like nothing Ive ever played before.....Wow, just Wow!!!

Yes sir. Hope you get yours ASAP...this one will be a long time keeper.

#18176 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Glad to hear you were able to get a taste of things to come.

#18177 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Glad to hear you were able to get a taste of things to come.

We went through the whole game....all adjustments he spoke of were so minor in nature for any new game setup. Its very, very solid, and the gameplay code is already so mature. Amazing machine....

FINALLY, a genuinely scary, fun game....not for the kids, for sure...

#18178 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

We went through the whole game....all adjustments he spoke of were so minor in nature for any new game setup. Its very, very solid, and the gameplay code is already so mature. Amazing machine....

I would agree that the majority have not had any major issues. Maybe me and one other which isn't too bad. Game is sleeper hit of The year. Once it starts getting produced more watch out.

#18179 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would agree that the majority have not had any major issues. Maybe me and one other which isn't too bad. Game is sleeper hit of The year. Once it starts getting produced more watch out.

Can’t speak to the majority of this first run ( I don’t know them), but can say the game was never a sleeper.....a lot of work and passion went into this game for YEARS.....very glad the new Team didn’t let it die, but rather finish the journey.

It’s been a long ride for some of us...playing it tonight made me realize the wait will be worth it. Surely, the front office can put a nail in any real refund requests, and this game can get the positive attention it deserves.....

#18180 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can’t speak to the majority of this first run ( I don’t know them), but can say the game was never a sleeper.....a lot of work and passion went into this game for YEARS.....very glad the new Team didn’t let it die, but rather finish the journey.
It’s been a long ride for some of us...playing it tonight made me realize the wait will be worth it. Surely, the front office can put a nail in any real refund requests, and this game can get the positive attention it deserves.....

Sleeper as in a game that the hardcore followers know about and appreciate but if you haven't been paying attention will be pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

#18181 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Ok I disabled the shaker and no resets,.played 10 games. Normally I couldn't complete half of the games with the shaker on. I can say at thist point that the shaker on my game is causing my reset. Either it is shaking connections loose or drawing to much power restarting the game.

We also disabled our shaker and have had NO resets.

#18182 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Since doing my "fix" on the launcher it has worked 100%. Here is a picture of what I did:

Thanks for the tip. This fixed our plunger issue as well.

#18183 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So is anyone else getting this or is it just me? I'm consistently scoring higher playing Aliens vs Alien. All my top scores have come from starting with Aliens. If I where to run into this pin in a tournament anytime soon I know I'd start with Aliens. Could just be me but that's my early observation...although I'm still miles from fully grasping all the rules.

Do any modes seem to dominate in particular?

#18184 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sleeper as in a game that the hardcore followers know about and appreciate but if you haven't been paying attention will be pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

Agreed on that!!!!

#18185 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Morgan sent me this pic this morning (maybe posted somewhere else). he said there was a large order of the colored armor arriving shortly for the LE's and would send better pics of actual shade once they arrived:

You received better pics of actual shade? Shortly is over and Morgan has set my fully paid LE-mails on spam so you my only LE connection to him. Not clear if LEs get built in between or after the global SE-market is completely drained out and dry. My feelings say LEs get built after the global SE-market is completely drained out and dry but I would be thankful for a bit of fuel for my christmas dreams.

#18186 6 years ago

Anyone else have their ball get caught in the small gap that exists in the right flip ramp shot? It's happened about 5 times in past two weeks but when it's caught only a major tilt gets it out. When I get my new game I'm thinking about putting some clear in that crack to prevent assuming that one has a similar one....

#18187 6 years ago

I've found a few ball traps. Right side of the xeno head, just under the bottom pop bumper.

#18188 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone else have their ball get caught in the small gap that exists in the right flip ramp shot? It's happened about 5 times in past two weeks but when it's caught only a major tilt gets it out. When I get my new game I'm thinking about putting some clear in that crack to prevent assuming that one has a similar one....

Yes

#18189 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

You received better pics of actual shade? Shortly is over and Morgan has set my fully paid LE-mails on spam so you my only LE connection to him. Not clear if LEs get built in between or after the global SE-market is completely drained out and dry. My feelings say LEs get built after the global SE-market is completely drained out and dry but I would be thankful for a bit of fuel for my christmas dreams.

How do you know Morgan put you on Spam?

#18190 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Few times. I've got my tilt set low enough that I can nudge it out without tilting. I'm at 7.6 degrees on mine so that might be helping as well.

#18191 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

My feelings say LEs get built after the global SE-market is completely drained out and dry

No - Freaking - Way.

If and I will stress "IF" that's the plan, Heighway Pinball is done. Seems like they are running on fumes right now and betting on the come is a poor business plan.

Long awaited refunds, replacement parts and shipping the LE's is the priority before asking people to wait further.

#18192 6 years ago

Time for Heighway Pinball to announce what their LE is, this shouldn't take three months to sort out. And since they are shipping prepaid SE's along with new money SE's, there is no legitimate reason for being stalled building and shipping LE's along with SE's.

The game is amazing and the quality issues dogging Alien seem limited to a handful of minor issues across the spectrum. Ongoing reliability of Xeno head and preventing system reboots are real concerns that have to be resolved, and HP might be on the cusp of overcoming.

Once Heighway Pinball issues the balance of refunds and steps up their support of customers experiencing outstanding issues, HP will be off to the races. I know the HP team is trying hard and they should be proud of what they've accomplished. Once these nagging issues can be addressed head on, Alien Pinball will gain market share and could become a legit threat to other pinball machines.

I get the sense that Aliens captures so much goodness - between layout, art, code, sounds, music, video, lighting, info screens and cabinet design - that it might make playing every other pin (other than a JJP) feel dated. The reason I can't put my finger on what makes Alien a great pin, it is because of all the factors mentioned above and not a single thing. Aliens might be on the production line for many years.

#18193 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Ongoing reliability of Xeno head and preventing system reboots are real concerns that have to be resolved

I must have missed the Xeno head issues. One person with theirs stuck out is an ongoing reliability issue? The reboots can be prevented by disabling the shaker motor (for now)...but yeah they need to sort that one out.

#18194 6 years ago

I think the xeno issue occur during gameplay if tongue does not fully retract. I saw one video where the tongue was extended at the beginning of multiball. It stayed out through multiball, although magnet was working to hold a ball. Sometimes two or three balls might collect at the tongue magnet. Upon draining, tongue stayed in extended position. I know the tongue was described as being on a rocker switch but maybe a software check is needed at beginning of all mb's to fix. If tongue can't be confirmed in the withdrawn position, move it there before starting mb seems like a simple software adjustment.

#18195 6 years ago

Ok.....slightly deeper dive than last night:

a) got about an hour of time on the machine. Kneissl was way too kind ( did my best to not drool on the machine)

b) Build pros- very solid and sturdy, comfortable to nudge, fit and finish excellent
c) Playfield- dark and shiney...typical minor dimpling. He added some mylar in the usual spots, can possibly see a Cliffy or 2 in the future to protect the left lock areas. Overall, excellent
d) Interconnect- components laid out well in cabinet, easy to trace/ identify wires, minor cleanup could be deployed
e) Interconnect in backbox- possibly “ janky” there ( easy to spot in previous pictures), but only relevant to led light strip. An incredibly easy fix or mod....hour tops for clean, square corners and cleanup of the strip itself. Effective in deployment, but picky guys will make this strip nicer.
f) Only con - Glass cartridge is VERY heavy ( although deploys a traditional lockdown bar....yeah!!!) Not sure how the glass itself comes out, but a completely different concept here. No worries of breaking glass the old fashioned way, but concerns on the posts hitting the glass within the cartridge.
g) Lighting- interactive RGB inserts are gorgeous and intuitive, but a lot going on. Playfield is darkish, but so is the theme. Will pass on pinstadium and possibly put a spot or 2 in, but the game has such a great vibe, will play “ as is” extensively first. This is a game that you don’t want to be blazing ( imho) so perfect.
h) Screens- can’t say anymore than what has been said. Having redundancy between the playfield and backbox image is perfect for this one....the horror on the big screen is powerful and immersive, while the playfield screen gives all the info where you need it.
I) Coding/ gameplay- this is possibly the most impressive part of the package for me, at this stage. I’ve never played a brand new title with the depth and intuitiveness such as this. There is SO much to do, and the interaction w video is just mind blowing. Stellar job!!!
j) Audio- can’t describe how much attention was also put in this area....from subtle to aggressive, it’s all in there, w high quality. Again, excellent.
k) How does it play? Some of the most satisfying ramp/ combo shots I’ve experienced. You can reach the upper playfield from the lower flippers....the top 2 flippers ( especially the top right) are what really give this game a special feel.
l) I own several games w multi flippers ( using TZ, WOZ, TSPP and SM as comparisons). The top right flipper is usually on the outer orbit, allowing you to prepare accordingly. Aliens top right is INSIDE the right orbit, and positioned for some great shots ...I made backhand to right ramp, airlock ramp, and the most deadly...a hidden “ inner orbit” when if achieved with the posts down ( there are 2 up there) comes at you so fast you can barely see it.....amazing!!!...hit it 3 times, caught it once.
m) Most satisfying is how you can move from right lower, to left upper, send to right upper, then hit the airlock or inner orbit. Timing has to be spot on and it’s tough, but wow!!!

Overall...so many things to do, and such a different feel....great, great game. I recommend NOT buying a pingulp for this one, you simply won’t have the time...first time I’ve had sweaty palms in memory during gameplay.

Sorry for being long winded....this game is turning out to not only be my grail theme, but a true classic player, as well....

#18196 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I sent a lengthy email last night, and will follow up w phone contact over the next couple days. No way the LE’s get abandoned, and I expect mine by Christmas. Suspect there will be an update very, very shortly......

#18197 6 years ago

I am a paid in Full customer as well that was promised delivery of my LE back in May(this year that is) I have kept quiet for a while but Heighway has now been unresponsive for over 6 weeks! I have had to mail them to try and get info and the response is always the same: we are hard at work here at Heighway blah blah bla. It seems like once they have your money it is go f... yourself. All I ask of them is since they took my money to give me an update good or bad every week with the state of things. I thought I was a customer but turns out I am actually an investor since I received nothing from them for the money they took.

Seeing them selling SE machines to new customers when there are now no difference between SE and LE makes me sick. I am in no way blaming new buyers but in my case I am for ever done with Heighway after Alien that's for sure.

New buyers be ware once they have your money they will throw away your number.

I wonder how many paid in full LE buyers are out there and what would happen if we all joins in a lawsuit to get our money back? End of Heighway? If so I am sorry to say they brought it on themselfs.

I actually want them to succeed but the way they treat customers they don't deserve it!

#18198 6 years ago

Great impressions!

I love the hard left orbit shot to dead lower right flipper bounce perfectly to upper left flipper hit to right flipper hit to air lock! Only on alien

#18199 6 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

I am a paid in Full customer as well that was promised delivery of my LE back in May(this year that is) I have kept quiet for a while but Heighway has now been unresponsive for over 6 weeks! I have had to mail them to try and get info and the response is always the same: we are hard at work here at Heighway blah blah bla. It seems like once they have your money it is go f... yourself. All I ask of them is since they took my money to give me an update good or bad every week with the state of things. I thought I was a customer but turns out I am actually an investor since I received nothing from them for the money they took.
Seeing them selling SE machines to new customers when there are now no difference between SE and LE makes me sick. I am in no way blaming new buyers but in my case I am for ever done with Heighway after Alien that's for sure.
New buyers be ware once they have your money they will throw away your number.
I wonder how many paid in full LE buyers are out there and what would happen if we all joins in a lawsuit to get our money back? End of Heighway? If so I am sorry to say they brought it on themselfs.
I actually want them to succeed but the way they treat customers they don't deserve it!

I’m only in $1500.00 as I know many are....I’m hoping the promise of more, guaranteed funds helps them understand that communication is going to make or break them....not the game itself. Hearing these stories kills me....I can only hope cash is flowing and they’ve sorted through most of the production/supplier issues.

This story will change, as sad as it would be for me to say, if some of us LE guys don’t have games by Christmas. Hopefully, they are hearing this....I’ve escalated my interaction....happy for the people that got a game ( not their fault...good timing on their part), but it’s past time to get some of us early adopters rolling...especially after I’ve played this thing. They DO exist, and ARE amazing.....our turn now........

#18200 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm still waiting for my refund from them. Not too happy with Heighway right now

I would think with new sales starting to come in they would be wrapping up the final refunds to people. There seems to be only a few outstanding. Do the refunds, get the parts out on the next shipment to the folks with the early version, start doing some basic support and it would go a long way with folks and help their bottom line with more sales.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 30,030 posts in this topic. You are on page 364 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/364 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.