DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 601.
#18051 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Wish I could tell everyone how great Alien is. Unfortunately, after spending several hours setting it up, cleaning the filthy metal ramps, mylaring the relevant areas and finally grinding off a burr on one of the ramps that was exactly where a pinball would hit it, I got ready to turn it on and play for the first time. Started up fine, went into test mode and the tongue came out and stayed out like this. Switch test showed a stuck switch, but without any documentation it's hard to know what to do.
I guess now I wait until Monday and see if I can find some tech support. Disappointed to say the least.

Mine did this as well when I first booted. When into the calibration/test mode and hasn't done it since. Try that!

#18052 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Mine stuck out like that once. I shoved it back in and re-booted. Worked for me. But be careful if you try it

Its pretty simple inside, just a Microswitch to check when retracted and when it is Deployed.
Unscrew The two screws on the side of the Zeno, then Just lift the Zeno Head Up.
Make sure the wire harness that comes from the backbox is not in the way of where the Zeno Mech Retracts to

#18053 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Wish I could tell everyone how great Alien is. Unfortunately, after spending several hours setting it up, cleaning the filthy metal ramps, mylaring the relevant areas and finally grinding off a burr on one of the ramps that was exactly where a pinball would hit it, I got ready to turn it on and play for the first time. Started up fine, went into test mode and the tongue came out and stayed out like this. Switch test showed a stuck switch, but without any documentation it's hard to know what to do.
I guess now I wait until Monday and see if I can find some tech support. Disappointed to say the least.

That tongue/rod arm is screaming out to be sprayed black. Such a cool mech, hope you get it working asap!

#18054 6 years ago

So I noticed I might be the only one with a production game that has a coin door with yellow coin up and NO alien sticker. I'm prob the one with the most issues out of box. Wonder what that's about.....

EDIT - my boy indypin has it too and his is good. Nice video btw! I told you guys that glass is heavy!

20171028_162907 (resized).jpg20171028_162907 (resized).jpg

#18055 6 years ago

Visitbg Seattle pop culture museum.. thinking about you guys.

20171028_110004 (resized).jpg20171028_110004 (resized).jpg
20171028_104123 (resized).jpg20171028_104123 (resized).jpg

#18056 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Its pretty simple inside, just a Microswitch to check when retracted and when it is Deployed.
Unscrew The two screws on the side of the Zeno, then Just lift the Zeno Head Up.
Make sure the wire harness that comes from the backbox is not in the way of where the Zeno Mech Retracts to

I tried that. I took the switch completely off to see if it was just a simple adjustment to the switch itself. No luck.

#18057 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Thought about it. Just extremely frustrating to have to spend a couple of hours having to clean it up just to get it in playable condition out of the box and then have this happen when you turn it on for the first time.

The switch on the tounge should be closed at that point since you can see where the switch would open in the notch on the tongue. Go into test mode and get the tounge to move and go back in - should be good after.

Or power down the game and push it all the way back to reset it. Do not try moving the tongue or jaw while powered up, you WILL damage the servo and stepping motor!

#18058 6 years ago

isn't ripley's voice not in this game? I swear during that cat mode (right before it starts) ripley says, "its a cat" or something. I noticed another line too.

#18059 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Or power down the game and push it all the way back to reset it. Do not try moving the tongue or jaw while powered up, you WILL damage the servo and stepping motor!

Good tip...mine was off when I pushed it back in. It did give some resistance. Has worked perfectly ever since.

#18060 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

I had the same issue. I removed the xeno head and adjusted the normally closed switch that opens at both extents of the tongue rod. The switch arm on mine was bent and wouldnt open up properly. There is a screw on the back end of the tongue rod that was in too far. The gap it made was too small and I think that’s what screwed up the switch. Now it works great every time.

#18061 6 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I had the same issue. I removed the xeno head and adjusted the normally closed switch that opens at both extents of the tongue rod. The switch arm on mine was bent and wouldnt open up properly. There is a screw on the back end of the tongue rod that was in too far. The gap it made was too small and I think that’s what screwed up the switch. Now it works great every time.

Man....great responses/ fixes....not seeing dramatic problems unless I’m missing something. The dirty ramps seem odd, however.....hoping an isolated incident...

#18062 6 years ago

Guys I appreciate the suggestions but mine sure seems FUBAR'd. I went in and disabled the xeno head figuring I would play without it. I still get a funny noise coming from the xeno area and now when I press the start button, every solenoid fires and the shooter lane plunger fires repeatedly yet it doesn't fire the solenoid to push a ball up into the shooter lane. This thing is screwed up.

#18063 6 years ago

I'm digging this game !!!!!!

Have one helluva last ball !

IMG_4841 (resized).JPGIMG_4841 (resized).JPG

#18064 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I'm digging this game !!!!!!
Have one helluva last ball !

Damn Son!!!!! I can only dream about that score.

#18065 6 years ago

So update on my embedded PF nonsense - it's def just a time thing as the display becomes corrupted on the right after a certain amount of time. I know this b/c I just left it on and came down and the picture had the distortion. To me it seems like a heat issue that is causing this but I will also try out the VGA connection just to completely rule out

I have a replacement coming but 3-4 weeks so I'm trying what I can in the meantime.

#18066 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Damn Son!!!!! I can only dream about that score.

I like that what’s considered a high score is in the Millions. I don’t like the logarithmic-like exponential high scoring of games like GOT that goes into the multi billions.

#18067 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

isn't ripley's voice not in this game? I swear during that cat mode (right before it starts) ripley says, "its a cat" or something. I noticed another line too.

"Its a cat" is the late great Harry Dean Stanton. We were very careful not to accidentally use any Ripley. It was a strange constraint to work under. Not a deal breaker as Hudson has the best stuff by far. There are half a dozen great lines by Ripley that it would have been great to have. HP tried. They tried real hard. They could not come to an agreement. We worked around it and we are happy with the results. We hope you are.

#18068 6 years ago

In the middle of setting up our machine, and noticed our high voltage is apparently set to 230v. Could a fellow new owner check to see what there's is set to. Thanks

20171028_150816 (resized).jpg20171028_150816 (resized).jpg

#18069 6 years ago

Talked with Cointaker today. The next container of games is supposed to arrive in 3-4 weeks (just go with 4 weeks so you don't get your hopes too far up). She said some of those games are still available for purchase.

Just in case anyone's wondering...

I'm keeping my eye on Alien now. I want to see another container or two unload before I unload $8k. Alien does have my attention though - great to see some unboxings and people enjoying the game!

#18070 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

"Its a cat" is the late great Harry Dean Stanton. We were very careful not to accidentally use any Ripley. It was a strange constraint to work under. Not a deal breaker as Hudson has the best stuff by far. There are half a dozen great lines by Ripley that it would have been great to have. HP tried. They tried real hard. They could not come to an agreement. We worked around it and we are happy with the results. We hope you are.

Would Heighway have been able to use Ripley’s quotes, but using a good impersonator? Don’t see why this couldn’t be a workable solution to get her ‘Bitch’ line in there. Could be even cooler if that was the ONLY Ripley quote in the pin.

#18071 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Talked with Cointaker today. The next container of games is supposed to arrive in 3-4 weeks (just go with 4 weeks so you don't get your hopes too far up). She said some of those games are still available for purchase.
I'm keeping my eye on Alien now. I want to see another container or two unload before I unload $8k. Alien does have my attention though - great to see some unboxings and people enjoying the game!

Is just a standard is 8k or is that with some upgrades ? Is shipping included?

#18072 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

No question about it this is probably the best audio/speech from a movie in pinball game with only IJTPA and they had everyone. You guys did an excellent job.

#18073 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Would Heighway have been able to use Ripley’s quotes, but using a good impersonator? Don’t see why this couldn’t be a workable solution to get her ‘Bitch’ line in there. Could be even cooler if that was the ONLY Ripley quote in the pin.

basically, nope. If the actor has rights for derivative uses this covers 'sound-a-likes' as well. If an actor passes and their contract doesn't prohibit it then it can be possible. In this case Weaver controls derivative uses of Ripley.

I have been around this a lot but this is not what I do and we are getting on the fringes of what I can talk about authoritatively. In this particular case HP tried to make a deal and failed to do it.

David

#18074 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Ahh...this can only mean one thing....LE’s are close!!!!.....

#18075 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

basically, nope. If the actor has rights for derivative uses this covers 'sound-a-likes' as well. If an actor passes and their contract doesn't prohibit it then it can be possible. In this case Weaver controls derivative uses of Ripley.
I have been around this a lot but this is not what I do and we are getting on the fringes of what I can talk about authoritatively. In this particular case HP tried to make a deal and failed to do it.
David

Gotcha, just curious. The audio in the pin sounds amazing and the pin doesn’t at all suffer for the lack of Ripley. I prefer playing the ‘universe’ as opposed to playing the movie... makes the gameplay more timeless. Consider the Aurich Radio/pulp Shadow pin vs the Alec one as an example

#18076 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Guys I appreciate the suggestions but mine sure seems FUBAR'd. I went in and disabled the xeno head figuring I would play without it. I still get a funny noise coming from the xeno area and now when I press the start button, every solenoid fires and the shooter lane plunger fires repeatedly yet it doesn't fire the solenoid to push a ball up into the shooter lane. This thing is screwed up.

Did you blow a fuse?

#18077 6 years ago

"Its a cat" is the late great Harry Dean Stanton.

From alien movie?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#18078 6 years ago

Since Heighway cant be bothered, would anyone with the new code be willing to send an ISO of their HDD? Would be awesome to see all the new callouts ect..

#18079 6 years ago

Ripley can go pound sand. It's all about the monster IMO.

#18080 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Did you go to your switch menu? Sounds like a ball search, perhaps the trough isnt registering?

#18081 6 years ago

I think what really works in this pins favor is that the entire time I feel like I'm playing as ripley. It doesn't feel like she is missing but since I'm her I'm hearing everyone else.

#18082 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think what really works in this pins favor is that the entire time I feel like I'm playing as ripley. It doesn't feel like she is missing but since I'm her I'm hearing everyone else.

Ok. Well. While you’re playing as Ripley, I’m playing as Hudson.

#18083 6 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

the middle of setting up our machine, and noticed our high voltage is apparently set to 230v

Looks like it's 115 in previous pictures of working machines
Check one page back and there's a picture of the computer on the bottom

#18084 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Looks like it's 115 in previous pictures of working machines
Check one page back and there's a picture of the computer on the bottom

definitely switch that, check your fuse sizes as well.

#18085 6 years ago

Should be 115.

Im Hudson during ambush for sure.

Btw adult mode off is funny btw. They bleep sh*t but not GD, hell or anything else. If all my games (WoZ and DI) this is their fav so I checked out the option.

#18086 6 years ago

Does anybody else have their ball eject/plunger button not light up on their machine. Mine does not and I'm wondering is that just a code issue. I know the button plays a part because you use it for your weapons or something.

#18087 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Does anybody else have their ball eject/plunger button not light up on their machine. Mine does not and I'm wondering is that just a code issue. I know the button plays a part because you use it for your weapons or something.

I don't think it's code b/c mine lights up during play. I don't believe it lights up all the time but certain situations like when the ball is ready to be launced.
Maybe check the connections...

#18088 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't think it's code b/c mine lights up during play. I don't believe it lights up all the time but certain situations like when the ball is ready to be launced.
Maybe check the connections...

Is Ferret out there?? Does the button get used during gameplay for weapons?

#18089 6 years ago

Wow this is disappointing, I know any pinball owner should have some repair/maintenance know how but c'mon, I don't want to have to become a full on technician just to get my NIB Alien to work.

#18090 6 years ago

Took us quite a while to dial in this beast. We also had dirty ramps and the metal burr issue like I read earlier, but WizWiggy used his polishing skills while I filed down the sharp metal. All good in the end, but the QC department definitely needs to step it up a notch at HP.

There are still a few minor details that need to be addressed, however it plays nice and is an amazing machine. Theme, concept, and design are awesome.

IMG_20171028_1329178 (resized).jpgIMG_20171028_1329178 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171028_1240033 (resized).jpgIMG_20171028_1240033 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171028_1827000 (resized).jpgIMG_20171028_1827000 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171028_1218347 (resized).jpgIMG_20171028_1218347 (resized).jpg

#18091 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

And issue refunds to people still waiting on them as promised. I'm having a hard time feeling happy for guys who got pins knowing that there's still others waiting to get their money back.

I appreciate you thinking of us that are still waiting for a refund! Not sure why some were refunded and others were not. The communication has been terrible.

The game looks like a lot of fun. I'm happy for those who are now getting their games!

#18092 6 years ago

I just got an Alien, SW premium, and a Dialed In LE. Alien leaves the other two in the dust in playing time. If this was being mass produced in the States it would be a massive seller.

#18093 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I just got an Alien, SW premium, and a Dialed In LE. Alien leaves the other two in the dust in playing time. If this was being mass produced in the States it would be a massive seller.

Glad you guys are getting your Aliens in and that's a step in the right direction! I have had many Alien owners reaching out to me (as a result of the new deliveries) about the Pin Stadium lights to at least help you guys out with the illumination aspect of the game. Previously in some posts here we covered that you can control the brightness of the lights from 0-100% with the app so there are no issues with these being to bright etc. You can dial it into your liking, brightness/color etc.

Feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] if you have any questions. Here is a video and some before and after pics.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#18094 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

The newest pin in my collection is usually the only one that gets played for months. I have some great titles but newest and greatest always wins out.

#18095 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is just a standard is 8k or is that with some upgrades ? Is shipping included?

It means this:

https://cointaker.com/products/aliens-standard-pinball-with-27-backbox-lcd

#18097 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Is Ferret out there?? Does the button get used during gameplay for weapons?

The Launch button should light up at the start of each new ball, when the ball is sitting in the launcher lane ready for action. Pressing the Launch button at this time just launches the ball, doesn't fire a weapon.

Once a ball is in play, the Launch button should light up if you have any weapon available, indicating that pressing the Launch button will fire the currently selected weapon. (If you're not in a mode/multiball, the Dashboard should also advise this on the LCD.) If you have two or more different kinds of weapons, the Extra Ball button should also light up, indicating that pressing that button will rotate which weapon is currently selected. If you have any weapons at all, one will always be "currently selected" to be fired with the Launch button, so if you fire it, the software automatically selects the next available weapon. It is possible to accumulate multiples of each weapon, so should you earn 6 weapons in a row without using any, you'll have two pistols plus one each of the other four weapons.

(I've got code sitting on my computer to show weapons status on the Airlock LCD during modes/multiballs, because you'll often want to use a weapon when those features are active, but currently it's difficult to figure out which weapon is ready to launch if the main Dashboard isn't showing. But because David Thiel is a freakin' genius, there's already a distinct sound effect played when each type of weapon is selected, so you actually can cycle the Extra Ball button and know which weapon is currently active through audio cues alone.)

#18098 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The Launch button should light up at the start of each new ball, when the ball is sitting in the launcher lane ready for action. Pressing the Launch button at this time just launches the ball, doesn't fire a weapon.
Once a ball is in play, the Launch button should light up if you have any weapon available, indicating that pressing the Launch button will fire the currently selected weapon. (If you're not in a mode/multiball, the Dashboard should also advise this on the LCD.) If you have two or more different kinds of weapons, the Extra Ball button should also light up, indicating that pressing that button will rotate which weapon is currently selected. If you have any weapons at all, one will always be "currently selected" to be fired with the Launch button, so if you fire it, the software automatically selects the next available weapon. It is possible to accumulate multiples of each weapon, so should you earn 6 weapons in a row without using any, you'll have two pistols plus one each of the other four weapons.
(I've got code sitting on my computer to show weapons status on the Airlock LCD during modes/multiballs, because you'll often want to use a weapon when those features are active, but currently it's difficult to figure out which weapon is ready to launch if the main Dashboard isn't showing. But because David Thiel is a freakin' genius, there's already a distinct sound effect played when each type of weapon is selected, so you actually can cycle the Extra Ball button and know which weapon is currently active through audio cues alone.)

What purpose do the weapons serve in gameplay.
I've got to figure out what's wrong with my button and why it's not lighting up.

#18099 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

What purpose do the weapons serve in gameplay.
I've got to figure out what's wrong with my button and why it's not lighting up.

Mine is not lighting up either...but it still works. Today I finally used the shotgun to start Ambush after my last ball went down an outlane....very cool.

#18100 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Ok. Well. While you’re playing as Ripley, I’m playing as Hudson.

Spoiler alert ... Hudson doesn’t make it. He was also all hat and no cattle, as they allegedly say in Texas (RIP Bill Paxton).

If you want to pretend you’re a doomed space marine, why not go with Vasquez? At least she was a badass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/362?hl=marvello and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.