DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 361 of 601.
#18001 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

SDTM, thanks for the video but it was too short.

Thank you sir! Ha ha yes some people have said they wanted it longer! I just didn't want to be in the way of everyone's good time filming!!!! Should have some good game play soon! I think Indy and I are going to try to set up a stream of it soon!

#18002 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

no although not sure that was going to be standard but you can add that. I was going to do that to mine.

I saw that on one machine, the video is in this thread, looked very cool.

#18003 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You got beacons and shaker installed. Nice. Did you anticipate that bc I wasnt aware that any of the ones that came in had this installed

Highly recommend with the Red Tremor shakers being so powerful keeping the Frequency at 70% and Power at 70%.
My game would crash when the knocker, shaker and Beacons were all engaged at the same time. The power draw on the Red Tremor Shakers must be pretty extreme.

IMG_0734 (resized).JPGIMG_0734 (resized).JPG

IMG_0735 (resized).JPGIMG_0735 (resized).JPG

#18004 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I saw that on one machine, the video is in this thread, looked very cool.

Thank You!

#18005 6 years ago

SE came with LED lighting for the side panels. That was not an option I ordered, but is standard. I ordered shaker and beacons from the factory and came installed.

#18006 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

SE came with LED lighting for the side panels. That was not an option I ordered, but is standard. I ordered shaker and beacons from the factory and came installed.

It was an option for the interior side blades. I have that option.

#18007 6 years ago

That was ur own doing? I thought it was standard, when and if I get one of these I'm gonna PM u for details. Thank you sir.

#18008 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It was any option for the interior side blades. I have that option.

Your blades light up?

#18009 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Your blades light up?

Yes.

20171026_171116 (resized).jpg20171026_171116 (resized).jpg

#18010 6 years ago

I just posted a fix for the ball launcher in the support thread.

#18011 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Your blades light up?

Yes they are supposed to, unfortunately yours don't and you didn't even list that problem yet. This is A LOT of quality issues coming out of 25 pinball machines made. delt31 Search for a connector you may have overlooked to plug in and power the insides. Does paper peel off the back side of blades to allow light to shine through?

Maybe week three those fourth graders could focus on 1) ensuring final quality control of each game prior to boxing 2) creating an operator or owner's manual and 3) reminding HP to answer emails and toll free phone numbers and skype calls. That way people awaiting refunds and those needing spare parts or those with technical issues etc, can call and nag HP every day until they follow through and provide basic minimum customer service. Kudos to CT and Nitro for stepping in to fill this void and to get HP's participation. Maybe this will become the defacto means for resolving issues. It works.

#18012 6 years ago

Yeah I did not order the interior lit side blades. And yes that is an option.

#18013 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yes they are supposed to, unfortunately yours don't and you didn't even list that problem yet. This is A LOT of quality issues coming out of 25 pinball machines made. delt31 Search for a connector you may have overlooked to plug in and power the insides.

The sideblades are not "supposed to" light up. It's an option that you had to purchase on the SE.

#18014 6 years ago

Is the lighting already in the cabinet and not used if you don't order side blades? Or does lighting come as part of the side blade package? I thought lit side blade were promised on all models, by Andrew late in the game. Beautiful pic with sides lit looks like it adds all the missing ambient lighting needed to brighten the overly dark playfield. That was also my understanding of why Andrew wanted it to be on all models. It was initially an option but once the switch in direction, it became lit panels for all. New money orders sold at CT and Nitro did not have the option listed.

#18015 6 years ago

Is the lighting already in the cabinet and not used if you don't order side blades? Or does lighting come as part of the side blade package? I thought side blade were promised on all models late in the game. Pic looks like it adds all the missing ambient lighting needed to brighten the overly dark playfield. That was also my understanding of Andrew saying it was going in all models.

What I understood is that the blades non lighted are standard on the SE. The lighted ones are standard on a LE and an extra option for SE.

#18016 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The sideblades are not "supposed to" light up. It's an option that you had to purchase on the SE.

It's not listed as an optional add-on on Cointaker's site? Maybe their version of it includes it just like the backbox monitor???

#18017 6 years ago

Not even an option at CT, which is why I think they are supposed to be lit for all models. The pic even looks like lit style interior blades. Probably cheaper for Andrew to manufacture one blade style, than to make two versions. Maybe this is the beginning of ... Bladegate.

IMG_0518 (resized).PNGIMG_0518 (resized).PNG

#18018 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

What I understood is that the blades non lighted are standard on the SE. The lighted ones are standard on a LE and an extra option for SE.

This has always been my understanding as well.

#18019 6 years ago

What this thread is missing is a real hard case telling some hard truths about Heighway in a caustic manner to provoke people.

#18020 6 years ago

The pot stirring is a joke. This is the honeymoon phase. Let people bask in their excitement & enjoy their new games. Glad to see so many arriving to owners

#18021 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What this thread is missing is a real hard case telling some hard truths about Heighway in a caustic manner to provoke people.

Didn't the new Heighway Pinball company present itself as a professional group of seasoned veterans of manufacturing, business acumen, forensic accounting etc touting a history of success. Well they did, so I am sure they can weather the tough talk just fine. So far I give them a C for effort and some successes to date. Which is why I think those 4th grade kids could make an immediate impact at HP.

#18022 6 years ago

Honestly, i would be very surprised if anyone at "New Heighway" is reading anything here.

Would be nice, but doubtful, imo.

#18023 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Honestly, i would be very surprised if anyone at "New Heighway" is reading anything here.

spot on. They have a facebook page and that's it as far as I know. You are pissing in the wind with any high minded management theory critiques presented here.

#18024 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Correct. I’m not privy to your emails with Morgan, so just going with what you’ve shared here. But I’m not sure if that means they’ve broken their promise to put you at the front of the LE line. Why not ask for a refund, or have you already?
What are you hoping to achieve? Letting you downgrade? A refund? Or some clarity on when the LEs are shipping?

In emails to Morgan, I said I would downgrade to a standard if that would help... perhaps even be an investor if the company is still salvageable. But, at a minimum, I need a reply. Being ignored is not a good strategy for them.

#18025 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

In emails to Morgan, I said would downgrade to a standard if that would help... perhaps even be an investor if the company is still salvageable. But, at a minimum, I need a reply. Being ignored is not a good strategy for them.

Absolutely unacceptable! What the hell is wrong with HP? A customer paid in full for two machines and can't get a reply? I am sorry to say this but HP is not a real company.

#18026 6 years ago

Yes they are supposed to, unfortunately yours don't and you didn't even list that problem yet. This is A LOT of quality issues coming out of 25 pinball machines made. delt31 Search for a connector you may have overlooked to plug in and power the insides. Does paper peel off the back side of blades to allow light to shine through?
Maybe week three those fourth graders could focus on 1) ensuring final quality control of each game prior to boxing 2) creating an operator or owner's manual and 3) reminding HP to answer emails and toll free phone numbers and skype calls. That way people awaiting refunds and those needing spare parts or those with technical issues etc, can call and nag HP every day until they follow through and provide basic minimum customer service. Kudos to CT and Nitro for stepping in to fill this void and to get HP's participation. Maybe this will become the defacto means for resolving issues. It works.

Dude, what is your problem?
You are using so much energy in this thread, trying to make everything negative. So a pinball has issues after being transported from Europe! I don’t think there is anything new in that. Stop stirring the pot please.
You are complaining much more than the guy that actually Bought it!!!??

#18027 6 years ago

Easy to say. Some people are waiting for refunds for months now. Their frustration largely overrules the feeling of joy of seeing Alien pins being shipped.
Some early adapters do not getting the support they need to get a full functional game.
Yes, maybe 2 dozens of Alien pins have shipped. Do you really think Heighway is ready for mass production?

Each step and progression is a good thing.

At least pins are shipping. Wtf

MUCH better than having SQUAT!

I am an "early adopter" and still don't have my pin so F it, if people have to wait a little while that's how it goes.

We just got a code update on BM66, had to wait a year.

So yeah, I'd say chill out and look at the glass half full. You especially Jeff.

#18028 6 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Dude, what is your problem?

You are complaining much more than the guy that actually Bought it!!!??

Uh, you realize that 8 to 10 people have posted pics and video in this thread and others, and many have had an issue or two? I didn't want any Pinsiders to keep their head in the sand, thinking only one guy had received a particularly bad pin. This is the official Heighway Pinball thread, and so far they suck.

#18029 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

This has always been my understanding as well.

Here is the Grid

IMG_0747 (resized).JPGIMG_0747 (resized).JPG

#18030 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Each step and progression is a good thing.
At least pins are shipping. Wtf
MUCH better than having SQUAT!
I am an "early adopter" and still don't have my pin so F it, if people have to wait a little while that's how it goes.
We just got a code update on BM66, had to wait a year.
So yeah, I'd say chill out and look at the glass half full. You especially Jeff.

I get your point, but you cannot ignore the context and that is there are more customers than only new ones. Yes the new ones must keep the cash flow going but you cannot ignore the 'old' customer base. Leaving them in the cold, not communicating with them or communicating and keep breaking promises is not the way to go. And yes, that is also part of the glass. Enjoy the weekend

#18031 6 years ago

Astropin can you post a pic of where your interior blades are wired to in the cab? I was looking and it seems there is a groove right underneath the end of reach blade where I'm assuming the light connector comes out but not sure where it's being connected to new board. I ask bc these blades are screwed in so I don't see why we can't just unscrew, lay an led strip behind them and then connect.

Also I'm posting a pic of my back left lcd. Just making sure this is normal. Do you see the top white line and it's visible on bottom left as well. Just confirming. My embedded LCD is still showing that distorting image over the right part of the screen but only after the machine is played for about 30 min. Want to make sure my other smaller LCD is normal.

EDIT - looks normal compared to others. OK.

20171028_115612 (resized).jpg20171028_115612 (resized).jpg

#18032 6 years ago

I didn't want any Pinsiders to keep their head in the sand

I suppose if a brand new to pinball guy, got an account, went to this thread and read only the last few posts and decided to spend $8k, there's a chance they may miss the history of the company. I'm not sure that's enough of a chance that we need you jumping up and down waving your arms screaming every 3 posts but have at it I guess. We get it though. We get it. Got it. Understood. Clear. Check. Affirmative. Roger. Thanks for your service.

#18033 6 years ago

Uh, you realize that 8 to 10 people have posted pics and video in this thread and others, and many have had an issue or two? I didn't want any Pinsiders to keep their head in the sand, thinking only one guy had received a particularly bad pin. This is the official Heighway Pinball thread, and so far they suck.

Flat wrong (if you are referring to the games that just shipped). Even delt31 would admit that his game is not "particularly bad"...he has some lights out.

#18034 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I suppose if a brand new to pinball guy, got an account, went to this thread and read only the last few posts and decided to spend $8k, there's a chance they may miss the history of the company. I'm not sure that's enough of a chance that we need you jumping up and down waving your arms screaming every 3 posts but have at it I guess. We get it though. We get it. Got it. Understood. Clear. Check. Affirmative. Roger. Thanks for your service.

+100 spot on!

#18035 6 years ago

Pins may have issues do to shipping. These games go through a lot of vibration when being moved. I ship a lot of games so I know. Also as a distributor , you get games to a location and some may have minor issues. It happens with all maufacturerers. Most are just bad connections due to vibration or little tweaks. Most issues I have encountered are very very minor and can easiy be fixed, the key is taking a deep breath and problem solve or talk to tech support. In my case I can also work on my machine. Remember these games shipped from Heighway in a container to a boat , sailed the seas that shipped to Cointaker , then shipped to my location. I had a resetting issue that I resolved easily by reseating connectors. I get the disappoint meant when a new game arrives, I still go through it, but if you take a step back relax and work through the issue 90 % of the issues can be resolved. I also understand, that If you are not tech savey, then you are at the mercy of others to help. I wish Heighway, much success. I believe they will make everyone whole, unfortunately it's going to take time.

#18036 6 years ago

Edit: Nevermind. Time to play some ball.

#18037 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Here are are some pics of the game being unboxed and set up. The game plays great, I had a small issue with cpu randomly resetting. , but tightened cables, tightened up couple of cable screws to cpu, seems to have fixed the problem. Also little tweaks here and there nothing major. ALIEN heads needs a little adjusting. Going to g o over machine tomorrow and dial it in. Great game, very fun and challenging.

Stunning pics....

#18038 6 years ago

I get your point, but you cannot ignore the context and that is there are more customers than only new ones. Yes the new ones must keep the cash flow going but you cannot ignore the 'old' customer base. Leaving them in the cold, not communicating with them or communicating and keep breaking promises is not the way to go. And yes, that is also part of the glass. Enjoy the weekend

100% agree with you. Communication is a great thing and obviously they are lacking in that dept right now and it certainly doesn’t help or inspire confidence in new buyers

That 1/2 of the glass ain’t too good BUT pins going out is a great sign and I feel good about where this will end up. Growing pains

In other words, I feel MUCH better about Alien versus my Jpop experience. I’ll get my pin

Everybody have a great weekend!

#18039 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

How are the installed beacons from the factory connected to the backbox? In a prior post, it was stated that the backbox on a SE did not have any pre-fabricated holes or anything for the beacons. So, I'm not sure whether the beacons need to be a requested option from the factory or can be ordered later as separate option as CT initially informed me.

#18040 6 years ago

Since doing my "fix" on the launcher it has worked 100%. Here is a picture of what I did:
20171028_134512 (resized).jpg20171028_134512 (resized).jpg

delt here is a picture of the side blade wires and where it connects.
20171028_134535 (resized).jpg20171028_134535 (resized).jpg
20171028_134545 (resized).jpg20171028_134545 (resized).jpg

And you had asked for a picture of the main board:
20171028_134653 (resized).jpg20171028_134653 (resized).jpg

Here is the amp where you control the master volume setting (two dials for volume) and one each for bass and treble.
20171028_134713 (resized).jpg20171028_134713 (resized).jpg

And I finally got a half decent score:
20171028_134352 (resized).jpg20171028_134352 (resized).jpg

#18041 6 years ago

Edit new dvi cord still has issue. Sob thought I had it

Also just put up my best score by far. Modes startup in hard as I find it more rewarding

20171028_135853 (resized).jpg20171028_135853 (resized).jpg
20171028_135858 (resized).jpg20171028_135858 (resized).jpg

20171028_141553 (resized).jpg20171028_141553 (resized).jpg

#18042 6 years ago

Astropin thanks! They wired it just like I imagined. It looks like the end of the connection goes into an adapter but where does that cord end? I'm wondering where the lights connect to the board. Can you show that? Thanks!

#18043 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

astropin thanks! They wired it just like I imagined. It looks like the end of the connection goes into an adapter but where does that cord end? I'm wondering where the lights connect to the board. Can you show that? Thanks!

It looks like it runs up into the playfield. I'll have to see if I can track it down.

#18044 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It looks like it runs up into the playfield. I'll have to see if I can track it down.

thanks. Picture 2 in your post is the left side of your cab but in picture 3 is that the end of the cord from picture 2 going into the right side wall light or is that the end of the wall lights and connecting into something that ends up in the PF? Couldn't tell if each wall light (left and right) had it's own connector into the board/pf or if it's one wire that goes through both side walls and ends up connecting to the PF or boards.

#18045 6 years ago

Yup interior EL lit side blades are an option upgrade on standards.

Base model standard gets reverse screen printed acrylic blades. Which is nice by themselves !

#18046 6 years ago

Wish I could tell everyone how great Alien is. Unfortunately, after spending several hours setting it up, cleaning the filthy metal ramps, mylaring the relevant areas and finally grinding off a burr on one of the ramps that was exactly where a pinball would hit it, I got ready to turn it on and play for the first time. Started up fine, went into test mode and the tongue came out and stayed out like this. Switch test showed a stuck switch, but without any documentation it's hard to know what to do.
I guess now I wait until Monday and see if I can find some tech support. Disappointed to say the least.

20171028_135322 (resized).jpg20171028_135322 (resized).jpg

#18047 6 years ago

Disable the mech and play?

#18048 6 years ago

Thought about it. Just extremely frustrating to have to spend a couple of hours having to clean it up just to get it in playable condition out of the box and then have this happen when you turn it on for the first time.

#18049 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

In emails to Morgan, I said I would downgrade to a standard if that would help... perhaps even be an investor if the company is still salvageable. But, at a minimum, I need a reply. Being ignored is not a good strategy for them.

Agreed, it's definitely bad form not to reply. I wish you all the best. I'm staying in for a LE, I prefer them working any issues out before shipping the Limited Editions.

#18050 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Wish I could tell everyone how great Alien is. Unfortunately, after spending several hours setting it up, cleaning the filthy metal ramps, mylaring the relevant areas and finally grinding off a burr on one of the ramps that was exactly where a pinball would hit it, I got ready to turn it on and play for the first time. Started up fine, went into test mode and the tongue came out and stayed out like this. Switch test showed a stuck switch, but without any documentation it's hard to know what to do.
I guess now I wait until Monday and see if I can find some tech support. Disappointed to say the least.

Mine stuck out like that once. I shoved it back in and re-booted. Worked for me. But be careful if you try it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 361 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/361 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.