pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 357 of 601.
#17801 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Come again, delt31 ? Are you saying that if you unplug the power line to the Airlock LCD (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "mini LCD"), the playfield LCD works properly?

Sorry no I'm talking about the lcd screen in the playfield not back left corner. If I unplug that built in playfield, the one with issues, it helps but doesn't resolve).

As for rebooting, that does seem to correct the issue (have to wait some time though) but the problem does comes back after playing for 15 min or so. Will do more playing to determine time and consistency but woke up today and the screen was normal. Haven't played yet have to pay the bills and work ; )

#17802 6 years ago

Jesus, this thread would scare the living crap out of a potential Alien buyer! How is this company going to survive?? Even if they get all of the Aliens shipped, they will need a lot of money to develop a game 3. This is a bummer!

#17803 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Jesus, this thread would scare the living crap out of a potential Alien buyer! How is this company going to survive?? Even if they get all of the Aliens shipped, they will need a lot of money to develop a game 3. This is a bummer!

I'm hoping mine is the exception! This game is fantastic. Let's see how the others do as I'm hoping it's perfect or no major issues. I'll also reduce the daily updates on the posts around problems bc next step is HW and CT, unless someone has a smoking gun resolution pm me but I will keep everyone posted.

#17804 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation question: I wonder if we should create a separate "Alien troubleshooting" thread, or ask owners to post their questions or describe issues in the club thread?
Finding the right answer will be super difficult later in a thread with over 17,000 posts...

Interesting question and I don't know the best answer. Tech problems and questions have already begun in this thread with Full Throttle and now Alien.

In addition to this club thread, we also have the, "Heighway Pinball Support" thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien#post-4038400

And we have the, "Alien Refund?" thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer/page/14#post-4037009

I'm thinking maybe a "Heighway Troubleshooting" thread for both machines might work best as I also foresee future Heighway threads popping up.

#17805 6 years ago

Nah, lots of new games have had LOTS of problems early on. How they deal with it is the key....

#17806 6 years ago

MK, you're always the voice of reason here!

#17807 6 years ago

Every new game gets a troubleshooting thread, so not sure why Alien shouldn't have one.

#17808 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I thank you for your kind words on the quality of the code in Alien. However, I had to sleep on your comment that Alien's depth isn't comparable to LOTR. (For the record, I own and love LOTR, it's probably #2 on my list of "games I'd want with me on a deserted island" ... I've always been a Tolkien fan, love the LOTR movies, and think the LOTR pin is beautifully executed, represents its theme well, and is great fun to play.)
I consider "depth" to reflect the number of distinct, meaningful rules in a game, and how they can interact with each other. Considering that...
LOTR has 6 very distinct main game modes + 1 mode mini-wiz (based on mode performance), with all modes exclusive. Alien has 8 very distinct main game modes + 2 mode mini-wiz (based on mode performance), with all modes exclusive, and with most modes boostable by out-of-mode activity.
LOTR has 4 very distinct primary multiballs, with 3 exclusive and 1 stackable. Alien has the same. On both games, multiballs can stack on an active mode.
LOTR has Gifts of the Elves; Alien has Weapons. Both of these can stack with other stuff as appropriate. LOTR does have SRFMB, which doesn't have an analog in Alien.
LOTR has Super features; Alien has a more accessible 2x Playfield. Both of these can stack with other stuff.
LOTR has [Super] Ring Frenzy; Alien has Rescue. Both of these can stack with other stuff.
LOTR has Destroy the Ring; Alien has nothing like that.
Both games have über wizard modes; LOTR's is for "winning" everything, while Alien's is for starting everything.
Both games have a nice variety of "miscellaneous" features.
Unless I'm forgetting something major from LOTR, I think Alien's depth is objectively right in line with LOTR's. However, I'd say that LOTR is "longer" than Alien, in the sense that LOTR requires you to do something over and over A LOT if you want to "beat the game". RotK MB alone requires 28 lit shots to "win" (the same 4 shots, 7 times over). That's certainly a LOT of shots, but I don't think that increases the depth of the game, it just makes it more of a grind. FotR MB requires "only" 18 lit shots to win, but if you don't manage that in a single go, it's really a grind to get back to FotR on typical game settings. I think this "length" is why Valinor is nigh unreachable for most players. Frankly, I wasn't interested in that level of exclusivity when designing Alien's rules... I think it's OK if a strong intermediate player "beats the game" once in awhile, and doesn't need an hour to do so.
This really isn't a competition -- I think players should play or buy a game because they love the game's experience, not just because it has the deepest ruleset ever created. But as I said, I went to bed last night with my brain percolating over Alien's depth, and just wanted to give a brain dump of my opinion.

Wow! Great post.

I owned LOTR for eight years. Great game but as the years went on I played it less and less...the "grind" got to me.

For me personally you just described why Alien should be far superior to LOTR (from a purely codeing perspective).

#17809 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation question: I wonder if we should create a separate "Alien troubleshooting" thread, or ask owners to post their questions or describe issues in the club thread?
Finding the right answer will be super difficult later in a thread with over 17,000 posts...

It does seem logical....most seem to have a Club thread, a few hate threads, a mod thread, and a troubleshooting thread.

There are scattered topics on this one ( I started the “LE#” thread), but think it’s time for a Fresh “ Alien, official Club thread”, and fresh repair thread ( the hate, refund, etc. threads will roll accordingly).

This original thread is so full of so much irrelevant info from years of input, any heavy trolling, etc. that generally don’t survive in the club threads....it can still hang, but eventually see the traffic die on it...just my thoughts...

#17810 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I thank you for your kind words on the quality of the code in Alien. However, I had to sleep on your comment that Alien's depth isn't comparable to LOTR. (For the record, I own and love LOTR, it's probably #2 on my list of "games I'd want with me on a deserted island" ... I've always been a Tolkien fan, love the LOTR movies, and think the LOTR pin is beautifully executed, represents its theme well, and is great fun to play.)
I consider "depth" to reflect the number of distinct, meaningful rules in a game, and how they can interact with each other. Considering that...
LOTR has 6 very distinct main game modes + 1 mode mini-wiz (based on mode performance), with all modes exclusive. Alien has 8 very distinct main game modes + 2 mode mini-wiz (based on mode performance), with all modes exclusive, and with most modes boostable by out-of-mode activity.
LOTR has 4 very distinct primary multiballs, with 3 exclusive and 1 stackable. Alien has the same. On both games, multiballs can stack on an active mode.
LOTR has Gifts of the Elves; Alien has Weapons. Both of these can stack with other stuff as appropriate. LOTR does have SRFMB, which doesn't have an analog in Alien.
LOTR has Super features; Alien has a more accessible 2x Playfield. Both of these can stack with other stuff.
LOTR has [Super] Ring Frenzy; Alien has Rescue. Both of these can stack with other stuff.
LOTR has Destroy the Ring; Alien has nothing like that.
Both games have über wizard modes; LOTR's is for "winning" everything, while Alien's is for starting everything.
Both games have a nice variety of "miscellaneous" features.
Unless I'm forgetting something major from LOTR, I think Alien's depth is objectively right in line with LOTR's. However, I'd say that LOTR is "longer" than Alien, in the sense that LOTR requires you to do something over and over A LOT if you want to "beat the game". RotK MB alone requires 28 lit shots to "win" (the same 4 shots, 7 times over). That's certainly a LOT of shots, but I don't think that increases the depth of the game, it just makes it more of a grind. FotR MB requires "only" 18 lit shots to win, but if you don't manage that in a single go, it's really a grind to get back to FotR on typical game settings. I think this "length" is why Valinor is nigh unreachable for most players. Frankly, I wasn't interested in that level of exclusivity when designing Alien's rules... I think it's OK if a strong intermediate player "beats the game" once in awhile, and doesn't need an hour to do so.
This really isn't a competition -- I think players should play or buy a game because they love the game's experience, not just because it has the deepest ruleset ever created. But as I said, I went to bed last night with my brain percolating over Alien's depth, and just wanted to give a brain dump of my opinion.

Sorry Ferret, didn't mean to give you insomnia last night. You put a lot more thought into the comparison than I did. Anyone can clearly see you are passionate about your work, and I'm sure many will agree you did an excellent job designing the Alien ruleset. I think removing the long "grind-like" aspects from the game was very smart & tying point scoring bonuses for completing modes was brilliant. I just want the chance to play it for myself one of these days.

Hope this project opens some doors for you in the future too. You deserve the opportunity

#17811 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I thank you for your kind words on the quality of the code in Alien. However, I had to sleep on your comment that Alien's depth isn't comparable to

Hi there. Do you have any better connection to the new owners? Can you get word to them that they're screwing up big time by not communicating with their customers and potential customers?

#17812 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hi there. Do you have any better connection to the new owners? Can you get word to them that they're screwing up big time by not communicating with their customers and potential customers?

I'm not sure that's entirely correct. CT has been in contact with them and I can see their dialogue. I'm also anticipating a skype call to be setup as well. I can't speak for the guys with the pre production units though and who they have been working with. Just wanted to share my experience.

#17813 6 years ago

Heighway games come with any written warranty?

#17814 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

There are scattered topics on this one ( I started the “LE#” thread), but think it’s time for a Fresh “ Alien, official Club thread”, and fresh repair thread ( the hate, refund, etc. threads will roll accordingly).

OK then - anyone is welcome to start a troubleshooting thread. Once created, tech questions / problems / repairs should rather be posted there than here.

#17815 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Heighway games come with any written warranty?

Yes, as follows:

30 days on all mechanical, electrical and structural parts.

1 year on the power supply board, I/O boards, motherboard, LCD screens and PCB boards if used in a home setting. If used for commercial purposes the warranty is for 6 months.

Warranty only applies to the original, registered purchaser.

Does not cover any labor or service calls.

I asked Melissa at CT the same question and she forwarded the warranty to me.

#17816 6 years ago

N

Quoted from swenny:Yes, as follows:
30 days on all mechanical, electrical and structural parts.
1 year on the power supply board, I/O boards, motherboard, LCD screens and PCB boards if used in a home setting. If used for commercial purposes the warranty is for 6 months.
Warranty only applies to the original, registered purchaser.
Does not cover any labor or service calls.
I asked Melissa at CT the same question and she forwarded the warranty to me.

#17817 6 years ago

Where r the other 20 games that CT received?

#17818 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Maybe pinside is the insignificant minority Gary Stern alured too after all ?

#17819 6 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

After looking at the layout under the playfield you can see that there are 3 I/O boards (on Full Throttle at least, not sure on Alien but looks like 3 also from the only under playfield pic I could find) These I/O boards run the whole board that they are connected to.

There are four I/O boards 1-3 are under the playfield. C is in the bottom of the cabinet. The switch test will tell you which one does what.

#17820 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry no I'm talking about the lcd screen in the playfield not back left corner. If I unplug that built in playfield, the one with issues, it helps but doesn't resolve).
As for rebooting, that does seem to correct the issue (have to wait some time though) but the problem does comes back after playing for 15 min or so. Will do more playing to determine time and consistency but woke up today and the screen was normal. Haven't played yet have to pay the bills and work ; )

Have you tried swapping out the cable to the monitor? I've had similar stuff happen with DMD displays and swapping in a new cable usually has solved it. Cables are cheap and sometimes flawed.

#17821 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Have you tried swapping out the cable to the monitor? I've had similar stuff happen with DMD displays and swapping in a new cable usually has solved it. Cables are cheap and sometimes flawed.

too late, he's out! Haha. Its been a rollercoaster of emotions these last 3 weeks! Don't do nuttin too crazy delt31..its gonna be aight!

b55ee6595e645d5ab3a6b1bc40453439 (resized).jpgb55ee6595e645d5ab3a6b1bc40453439 (resized).jpg

#17822 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

too late, he's out! Haha. Its been a rollercoaster of emotions these last 3 weeks! Don't do nuttin too crazy delt31..its gonna be aight!

Haha it's all good guys! I played last night and will continue playing until replacement arrives or fixed. Game is still fully functional. I might have an extra cable and will try. The monitor itself must not be damaged bc the picture does work after a cold reboot. All will be good one way or the other and I'm enjoying it

#17823 6 years ago

Ya buddy!! You will be fine! Appreciate u posting on here!! (Good or bad). Lots of good guys who are helpful and know their stuff! unlike me, so im just keeping your spirit up!

#17824 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Hope this project opens some doors for you in the future too. You deserve the opportunity

Thanks, I hope so too.

#17825 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Some are getting theirs today...several are getting theirs tomorrow (myself included) and looks like west coasters should be receiving theirs by Friday.

#17826 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha it's all good guys! I played last night and will continue playing until replacement arrives or fixed. Game is still fully functional. I might have an extra cable and will try. The monitor itself must not be damaged bc the picture does work after a cold reboot. All will be good one way or the other and I'm enjoying it

delt31 You’re very positive and understanding, it’s very respectable. Do you have any other exciting thoughts about the gameplay you can share? Looking forward to hearing more about how fun it is!

#17827 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

delt31 You’re very positive and understanding, it’s very respectable. Do you have any other exciting thoughts about the gameplay you can share? Looking forward to hearing more about how fun it is!

New company that's making a kick ass game and I'm one of the first to own - you have to expect some issues. Already see movement on resolving and it's fully functional so I can play it while the fix manifests (aka replacement) so I'm OK.

I was actually just going to write some additional thoughts:

1) Some of the modes have two stages to them which I really like. I'm not sure if this was done before in a game but it's really refreshing and almost feels like it's two modes in 1.

2) I really like the Alien vs Aliens ladder options. Both games carry the same differences of their movie counterparts (Alien has a much more quiet score and dark while Aliens carries a more in your face feel and vibe with the snare drum music, military modes, etc. It feels like you really are choosing from two different games. They compliment each other well

3) Speaking of music - holy ___ this game has some of the best and ties in with the movie so well it comes off as a natural extension. That's really it in a nut shell - this pinball game seems like they created it in 1987 b/c it's so well tied in and natural that it rivals IJTPA for best themed pinball IMO. WOZ is in there as well.

4) Haven't really explored or understood the gun options too well. I am getting them but not sure I am using them strategically. I'm not sure what each does yet but it's another meta game on top of everything else

5) Xeno - I love the MB and REALLY like the chopping movement it makes when the game says 2 more balls/hits for MB but they need to add more. I feel like it can move during some of the modes. I would be surprised if more movement is not added b/c it's an awesome toy and I just want more of it.

6) Mode shots are varied very well. Something I wish DI did a little better. There are a ton of shots to hit during these and they feel fresh.

More to come as I can think of it....

#17828 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

New company that's making a kick ass game and I'm one of the first to own - you have to expect some issues. Already see movement on resolving and it's fully functional so I can play it while the fix manifests (aka replacement) so I'm OK.
I was actually just going to write some additional thoughts:
1) Some of the modes have two stages to them which I really like. I'm not sure if this was done before in a game but it's really refreshing and almost feels like it's two modes in 1.
2) I really like the Alien vs Aliens ladder options. Both games carry the same differences of their movie counterparts (Alien has a much more quiet score and dark while Aliens carries a more in your face feel and vibe with the snare drum music, military modes, etc. It feels like you really are choosing from two different games. They compliment each other well
3) Speaking of music - holy __ this game has some of the best and ties in with the movie so well it comes off as a natural extension. That's really it in a nut shell - this pinball game seems like they created it in 1987 b/c it's so well tied in and natural that it rivals IJTPA for best themed pinball IMO. WOZ is in there as well.
4) Haven't really explored or understood the gun options too well. I am getting them but not sure I am using them strategically. I'm not sure what each does yet but it's another meta game on top of everything else
5) Xeno - I love the MB and REALLY like the chopping movement it makes when the game says 2 more balls/hits for MB but they need to add more. I feel like it can move during some of the modes. I would be surprised if more movement is not added b/c it's an awesome toy and I just want more of it.
6) Mode shots are varied very well. Something I wish DI did a little better. There are a ton of shots to hit during these and they feel fresh.
More to come as I can think of it....

Regarding...
1) You mean not counting the mini wizard modes? I think the Shadow did this with the Discover Hotel Monolith where you have to open the hotel, then enter, then defeat the monguls.

5) Is the xenomorph head a shot in any of the modes? If so it would be good to activate movement for a few seconds when a shot is active.

#17829 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

3 Minnesota unboxing tomorrow.

#17830 6 years ago

No, actually Andrew said the 3rd game has been developed and has art, so...

#17831 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Regarding...
1) You mean not counting the mini wizard modes? I think the Shadow did this with the Discover Hotel Monolith where you have to open the hotel, then enter, then defeat the monguls.
5) Is the xenomorph head a shot in any of the modes? If so it would be good to activate movement for a few seconds when a shot is active.

Yeah I wasn't sure if it's been done before but it's a cool thing. As for xeno - haven't seen it incorporated into anything besides MB.

#17832 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

No, actually Andrew said the 3rd game has been developed and has art, so...

He said Alien was shipping a few years ago too. Just sayin'...

#17833 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I wasn't sure if it's been done before but it's a cool thing. As for xeno - haven't seen it incorporated into anything besides MB.

Does it do anything during Tunnel Escape? It would be great to have it hissing and the jaw shaking a little and then if/when you fail the mode have the Xeno jaw open and hiss in sync with the video of the Xeno attacking Dallas.

A flasher mod for the Xeno is a must, could be used to nice effect having the flasher light up the Xeno head in that mode as Dallas does that with his torch in the movie.

#17834 6 years ago

I will check

Quoted from J85M:Does it do anything during Tunnel Escape? It would be great to have it hissing and the jaw shaking a little and then if/when you fail the mode have the Xeno jaw open and hiss in sync with the video of the Xeno attacking Dallas.
A flasher mod for the Xeno is a must, could be used to nice effect having the flasher light up the Xeno head in that mode as Dallas does that with his torch in the movie.

I will check again but don't think so. Great idea

#17835 6 years ago

delt31 Do your start and launch buttons light up? I've never seen my light up.

#17836 6 years ago

Hey Guys. Well, as I promised, here is my short review on my Alien pinball unboxing.

I have to admit, I was nervous as hell when I got my pin in. Before I go on, a HUGE thanks to my buddy Marcus for picking it up for me at the terminal. It saved me a day of reviewing, plus I already planned a big welcoming party for the Alien pin. Thanks Mark! Okay, here we go.

Before I start, my buddy Greg from SDTM filmed the entire session of me and my pinball buddies (Rick, Greg, Hoagie, Mark) unboxing the pin, as well as putting this monster together and getting it ready for play. So, Greg should have the video up soon and it will explain more better than I can put in words.

When I got the box, it had a huge dent on the top side which worried me more. However, upon opening the box we didn't notice any type of damage within. The box had all kinds of warning stickers on it saying it was a high dollar item, but it's all good.

Let me say the first thing about the build of the pin. It's built like a tank. I can't describe the outer part of the cabinet, except the material used on the outside of the cabinet feels like a surface of a truck bed liner, only smoother. It has grooves notched on the cabinet to perfectly fit the legs and looks great. Don't worry about buying some button protectors for this baby. The game didn't come with any type of instructions or goodies (key fabs, extra plastics, etc), but no biggie. It took us awhile to figure out how to properly install the backbox, but after doing so we kinda looked at each other and told Greg to edit that part out in his video. LOL Speaking of backbox, it it a lot skinnier than Stern or JJP and, upon looking at the top part, I don't know how or where the optional beacons will sit or fit on it. There is no pre-drilled holes on it or anything like that or places where wires can be run later to the beacons, but maybe the LE models will already have them on them. Still, if this was going to be added on later as an option, I don't know how I could do it. Still, a minor complaint. The cabinet I have to rate a very solid A Plus!

The playfield looks stunning and the art package is great. I swear to you, this is one of the BEST playfields I have seen in quite some time in regards to the toys and overall look of the area. It reminds me of JJ Woz pin in regards to the toys and the interactive playfield toys just making you feel like your part of that universe. I'll say this again, it just looks like Alien. I also did love the way each alien creature is put on the playfield, from the eggs to the facehuggers to the adult alien head. Only thing missing is the chestburster. I do want to bring up one thing for Delt, maybe it will help solve his problem.

I was lucky enough to have pinball buddies, who I would officially call "Pinball Surgeons", who was there with me when I initially opened the pin. I wanted to make sure they were there just in case something broke or came loose that I didn't detect and they could fix it in minutes which would take me hours to do. When I was unboxing the pin, I began to remove the Styrofoam pieces from the corners of the pin. While doing so, one of my buddies asked me what the plastic baggie was that was found almost underneath the Styrofoam piece. I reached down and pulled out the baggie from behind the piece (like a small Ziploc bag) and on the outside was a small note stating something about "before you power up the machine, be sure to replace these fuses (which was in the Ziploc bag) with the ones currently inside the board of the pin". I don't know if Delt saw this or not, but I could see if he somehow overlooked it because it was well hidden. I thought about Delt the whole time, thinking maybe that was why he was having problems with lights not working properly on his pin. Anyway, if you did see it Delt and was able to replace the fuses,I hope you get your pin up and running soon.

We did replace the fuses and, after getting everything done, finally powered up the pin. Okay, everything looking good. The alien mech head began to move and the tongue came out perfectly. All of the monitors fired up and the light boards all worked. One thing to note. When I removed the playfield glass, this thing is a beast in terms of weight. Very well made and protected and slid off pretty good, just be forewarned it's going to be heavy since you probably will be so use to lifting and pulling out the lighter weight glass only.

The side art worked and lit up nicely, just not really too bright (which is fine with me). I really liked the small handle they put on the plastic side art, making it easier to pull it out of the pin (even though on Greg's video I struggled with it with other guys pulling it out with ease). I swear, sometimes I have problems peeling off the wrapper of a Tootsie roll, but I blame that on my old age.

The game played great and any Alien fan will truly appreciate the work that was done with this pin. The overall look and atmosphere just screams Alien. The pin is dark, but it just fits the mood perfectly. I don't know if I'll get the pinstadium light for it or not (because they do look great), but at least it's an option later on. In terms of other mods, it always had a color screen and button protectors, along with side art inside the pin, so that's a big plus in terms of spending more money on it.

The modes are sweet and there is all kinds of sweet and tricky shots in the pin. I kept forgetting about the upper left flipper on the pin for some reason, but I know over time I will get used to using it. The ramps feel like they are actually built into the game and just shaking them will shake the whole playfield (again, see Greg's later SDTM video), which is good. Early impressions I have to tip my hat to Ferret for helping putting this together.

I had a blast that night with it and it was played probably non-stop for around 6 1/2 hours. All of my guests really loved it as well and bragged about it. The only negative thing I can say about the play is sometimes it would take a couple of hits before the ball was ejected properly from the shooter lane. One time my daughter was playing the pin and she had a mutiball going that seemed endless. I think it happened during "Bug Ambush", but don't quote me on that. Anyway, I went ahead and turned off the pin and waiting a few seconds before re-booting it (much to my daughter's dismay LOL She had one hell of a score going) and, upon doing so, the pin played good the rest of the night. After the party I played one game and it did the same to me, but the game finally quit shooting out the balls. I don't know, maybe I was just kicking ass during that mode, but I doubt it.

Anyway, that is my review. I think if Heighway can get this thing going and get these puppies shipped out to eager pinball fans' hands, they are going to see strong sales in this one. Heighway has to understand they can have a winning horse in this race, with a lot of pressure on them to see this thru. Alien is the PERFECT pinball theme, with non-stop action and a loyal fan base. They opened a HUGE can of worms upon obtaining this license, knowing the fans would want this pin and the expectations will be high and I thank them for it. I think Gary Stern is kinda feeling it right now with the Star Wars fans out there watching his pin.

A special "Thank You" to everybody who came last night for some good food, pinball playing and laughter. This is what the hobby is all about. I think we talked more pinball than anything else, so thank you to everybody who came out and made the arrival of the Alien pin that much more special to me.

#17837 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

and on the outside was a small note stating something about "before you power up the machine, be sure to replace these fuses

Holy shit! Nobody mentioned this! Delt!!

#17838 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I will check

I will check again but don't think so. Great idea

Ferret is the xenomorph head used as a target in any of the modes (Beyond multiball) and would it be able to open and close it’s jaw during any other gameplay moments beyond the multiball prep?

#17839 6 years ago

As a target yes - eating the ball no

#17840 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Quoted from Indypin:and on the outside was a small note stating something about "before you power up the machine, be sure to replace these fuses

I didn't notice a bag with fuses on mine. Luckily I didn't throw away any of the packaging yet.

#17841 6 years ago

You would think the fuses would be taped to the glass...not hidden in packaging...

#17842 6 years ago

Indypin what version of software is installed and is it the latest?

#17843 6 years ago

Might be the first time ever that a problem really is "just a fuse".

#17844 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

indypin what version of software is installed and is it the latest?

I have to double check, but I'm pretty sure it's the latest.

#17845 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

what the plastic baggie was that was found almost underneath the Styrofoam piece.

That is a weird spot....

Thanks for the review. Quickly put 400 games on it and report back! We need to know this is not a fluke

#17846 6 years ago

Hey guys, I live in Chester VA, right outside of Richmond. I have been patiently waiting on this release and hope to purchase one soon, however I have not had a chance to make it to an expo or anything. So, I was wondering if anyone in the VA area is getting one relatively soon that I would be so lucky as to come help set up/play/drink beer, etc..... please let me know!

#17847 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

ferret is the xenomorph head used as a target in any of the modes (Beyond multiball) and would it be able to open and close it’s jaw during any other gameplay moments beyond the multiball prep?

We do exercise the jaw at other times than just multiball, but not excessively. We made a conscious decision not to "overdo" it, so that the effect isn't diminished. However we may add more in the future.

The ball grab is only used at the start of Ambush Multiball, and only when there is exactly 1 ball on the playfield. I wanted to add a number of tongue effects in other places, but the mechanism could be damaged if it is hit directly by a moving ball, so we had to be more conservative.

#17848 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That is a weird spot....
Thanks for the review. Quickly put 400 games on it and report back! We need to know this is not a fluke

LOL Definitely!

#17849 6 years ago

Why wouldn't they just have the correct fuses installed already?

#17850 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Why wouldn't they just have the correct fuses installed already?

Because fuse values must be different for different voltages to provide the same protection. I'm sure 230VAC locations don't change the fuse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 357 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/357?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.