• 27,033 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by skyknight320
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,416 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F1956BB2-B309-41B9-88AD-8D69A7FC709E (resized).jpeg
D1810112-9E6D-4EB2-BE51-E9771C4D85F3 (resized).jpeg
20200713_221348 (resized).jpg
3168EA4C-64EE-4FD5-92B8-6160631E481D (resized).jpeg
824D32A3-94C7-4F55-9973-37F66A3C4653 (resized).jpeg
BDC77088-A6AD-4912-9F57-E9E7B04241D5 (resized).jpeg
H57c4622962ed4f129e3a24c77c18c18fN (resized).jpg
IMG_7858 (resized).JPG
IMG_7860 (resized).JPG
IMG_7861 (resized).JPG
IMG_7862 (resized).JPG
EE510003-5EA7-4356-8DD5-FFD71C0D92E5 (resized).jpeg
AF40513A-84B6-4675-8AB6-8400C19A7AC5 (resized).jpeg
7B5C5317-4173-43C1-94F4-53227CB14011 (resized).jpeg
0F45C861-F947-4875-BDEC-3450C1EE5546 (resized).jpeg
A5F8F828-FCD0-488D-9D17-786D96194731 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27033 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 541.
#17551 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Soppoeedly Heighway delayed the games becauw they were waiting on new Ramos, it’s very possible these ramps were also a different better finish

plot thickens

#17552 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Soppoeedly Heighway delayed the games becauw they were waiting on new Ramos

I want extra Ramos when I finally get an Alien, thats for sure.

#17553 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I want extra Ramos when I finally get an Alien, thats for sure.

Hilarious, love it!!

#17554 2 years ago

I LOVE RAMP!!

#17555 2 years ago

First post on pinside. I've been following this thread for a while. With a lot of ups and downs.

I just played a few credits on one of the first machines in Sweden. And thought I should share my experience.

It was a lot of fun. A LOT of fun. Good flow, and some challenging (but not impossible) shots. The theme is really well integrated. The sound is awesome. It is everything I want in a pinball machine. There seem to be enough depth in the rules for better players to have a challenge, but enough easy fun for the casual players.

I'd like to get this game into my Full Throttle machine as son as possible.

20171021_135409 (resized).jpg

20171021_133822 (resized).jpg

#17556 2 years ago

Shooting the left orbit and then letting the ball come around to right orbit and land on the right flipper - the momentum will bounce the ball to the upper left flipper allowing for a number of shots. It's a very nice feeling shot.

Starting to learn a lot about how this shoots. Going from Alien to Dialed in feels VERY different. Not in a bad way - both just have a very different style with DI being super flow while Alien has so many shots - it's a slower pace but there are a few shots that flow really well to make it not your typical widebody (which tend to play slower - although not all).

The shooter lane also has a metal protector b/w output and wood - it's like a cliffy. Nice touch.

Airlock shot back to flippers is straight and works well but enough force and if I hit the left flipper on contact the ball could fly a little and concerned it could hit the left tv. Just keep on eye out for new owners of this.

#17557 2 years ago

I'm just wondering if for the LE's they are going to stick with Ramos or upgrade to Stamos? I think at this point it's ridiculous that I even have to ask this. I don't know why those of us in on a LE are still left asking questions!

#17558 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Shooting the left orbit and then letting the ball come around to right orbit and land on the right flipper - the momentum will bounce the ball to the upper left flipper allowing for a number of shots. It's a very nice feeling shot.

Can you please post a video clip of this?

#17559 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

it's a slower pace but there are a few shots that flow really well to make it not your typical widebody snooze fest.

I'm actually a big fan of widebodies...just look at my current collection. I'm also a big fan of Judge Dread. I don't think any of those are snooze fests. Although I'm not a big fan of TZ or WOZ.

#17560 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm actually a big fan of widebodies...just look at my current collection. I'm also a big fan of Judge Dread. I don't think any of those are snooze fests. Although I'm not a big fan of TZ or WOZ.

yeah - not saying they all are. I love WOZ and it's widebody but widebodies have a tendency to play slower. That was my only point.

#17561 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

completely agree....I have both TZ and WOZ....love them both...just a different type of game...shotmakers...

#17562 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

completely agree....I have both TZ and WOZ....love them both...just a different type of game...shotmakers...

yeah prob too strong on snoozefest - I updated to be clearer.

#17563 2 years ago
Quoted from DarthBoMan:

First post on pinside. I've been following this thread for a while. With a lot of ups and downs.
I just played a few credits on one of the first machines in Sweden. And thought I should share my experience.
It was a lot of fun. A LOT of fun. Good flow, and some challenging (but not impossible) shots. The theme is really well integrated. The sound is awesome. It is everything I want in a pinball machine. There seem to be enough depth in the rules for better players to have a challenge, but enough easy fun for the casual players.
I'd like to get this game into my Full Throttle machine as son as possible.

Great post and gorgeous machine!!!!!

#17564 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yeah prob too strong on snoozefest - I updated to be clearer.

Never worry about posting your opinion...that's what pinside is about, and someone will always have a different one. it's healthy.

you're ambition and willingness to share your adventure has spoken volumes to me (and I'm sure others) in a positive way. Keep playing and posting....THIS is what we are all anxious to hear/ see......

#17565 2 years ago

2017-10-21-11-17-33- (resized).jpg

#17566 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Never worry about posting your opinion...that's what pinside is about, and someone will always have a different one. it's healthy.
you're ambition and willingness to share your adventure has spoken volumes to me (and I'm sure others) in a positive way. Keep playing and posting....THIS is what we are all anxious to hear/ see......

thanks. I changed it b/c I thought it was a little strong b/c I do love a lot of widebodies. Def not concerned about having a diff opinion (as seen by me on some other threads ; )

Happy to share more. Wedding today so will be pretty dark on my end. Will get requested videos up when possible. Still need to figure out why my backglass and side art LEDs are low brightness and how to get the two inserts to light up by left ramp....

#17567 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm just wondering if for the LE's they are going to stick with Ramos or upgrade to Stamos?

This is an upgrade?
282edef4508cae85a6754a4e3c355187 (resized).jpg

#17568 2 years ago

C'mon delt31, can't you blow off the wedding? I'm sure they would understand given you just got your Alien pin.

#17569 2 years ago

Ramps look exactly the same as mine when new

#17570 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Ramps look exactly the same as mine when new

This is a photo of the ramp from your Marketplace ad. So your ramps looked clean like the ones on Delt's game and the finish wore down after xx # of games?

Yours:
ramp (resized).jpg

Delt's
rampnew (resized).jpg

#17571 2 years ago

Yes, when unboxed it looked exactly like those its kind of a satin finished metal, it will wear like mine after a few hundred games.

I was going to remove the three and maybe get them polished at some point but havent yet.

#17572 2 years ago

But what about the raaaa-aaaaammmppss!!?!??!

This thread is awesome.

#17573 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

the ramps are actually nice and new final production, which is great.

now that we finally have you admitting the ramps are nice, can we get off of the topic now.

The past 8? months of rampgate was silly.

You have said you like them in the current units. We are all good on ramps.

Now it is time to complain about a new mech.

#17574 2 years ago

Thanks Libtech! You are a saviour! & dammit i want your ALIEN! Did your legs come chrome? Sure looks silly with all that black armour on the cabinet. Minor details tho but def. look much better powder coated!

#17575 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This is a photo of the ramp from your Marketplace ad. So your ramps looked clean like the ones on Delt's game and the finish wore down after xx # of games?
Yours:

Delt's

his add isnt even on the marketplace no more! Did you seriously save that photo to use in a future argument about ramps? That's cringy .. please change your avatar to that pic of john stamos...c'mon!

#17576 2 years ago

Any new videos???!

#17577 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

his add isnt even on the marketplace no more! Did you seriously save that photo to use in a future argument about ramps? That's cringy .. please change your avatar to that pic of john stamos...c'mon!

Or he easily got it from pinside archive...

#17578 2 years ago

Ahh! Makes sense! Whew, but the john stamos request stands!

#17579 2 years ago

Yup, the new ramps look great. Until they won't anymore. Too bad that wasn't addressed in production but at least games are finally arriving.

#17580 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yup, the new ramps look great. Until they won't anymore. Too bad that wasn't addressed in production but at least games are finally arriving.

As long as the ball goes up them I'm good.

#17581 2 years ago

Dying for new videos

#17582 2 years ago

delt31 how is it playing/holding up? Have you had any issues or the mechanics not work as expected? Does it seem like an easier or more difficult game (in terms of keeping the ball in play)?

#17583 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

at least games are finally arriving.

NOW you're catching on to the big picture!

#17584 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The next (probably) code release will add support for adjusting coil strengths.

This is Great to Hear!

#17585 2 years ago

leaving this wedding - will try to get a video in when I get back. Been thinking about this game the whole time. Just realized that no one says jackpot or says anything in this game. It's so unique. What an atmosphere. Still trying to decide if I should do the pinstadium...

#17586 2 years ago

I knew you weren't gonna last there all nite! Get home and send us gameplay vids! DON'T text and drive and drive this time! And i agree that the pinstadium looked killer on ALIEN! Haha

#17587 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

This is an upgrade?

Absolutely. Are you kidding me?

#17588 2 years ago

Game looks cool. I have been waiting 3 years and still no machine. Same old email response from Morgan. I have purchased over 10 new machines during that timeframe from JJ, Spooky and Stern. Worried about the support I will get if I ever get the machine. Just saying.

#17589 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Thanks Libtech! You are a saviour! & dammit i want your ALIEN! Did your legs come chrome? Sure looks silly with all that black armour on the cabinet. Minor details tho but def. look much better powder coated!

Of course, legs chrome as well as all of the bolts/screws, so much better powder coated!

#17590 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I knew you weren't gonna last there all nite! Get home and send us gameplay vids! DON'T text and drive and drive this time! And i agree that the pinstadium looked killer on ALIEN! Haha

used microphone on phone to write the message...

#17591 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yours:

Delt's

RampGate is still a thing?

#17592 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

RampGate is still a thing?

Never was a thing. We're just pretending with PoMC. Makes him feel good.

#17593 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Still trying to decide if I should do the pinstadium...

apron led strip and spots at the slings, pinstadium is overkill IMO, especially for this game. I really wish Heighway would just realize the game is too dark and make 2 sling spots factory. I think Frolic did that on his FThrottle, I'm gonna look for that pic.

#17594 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

apron led strip and spots at the slings, pinstadium is overkill IMO, especially for this game. I really wish Heighway would just realize the game is too dark and make 2 sling spots factory. I think Frolic did that on his FThrottle, I'm gonna look for that pic.

The price for the lights may be but the you can adjust the brightness of the lights on your smartphone. Saw it at expo. Pretty cool.

#17595 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

The price for the lights may be but the you can adjust the brightness of the lights on your smartphone. Saw it at expo. Pretty cool.

I wasn't sure if you could or not, that makes it a much more viable option, what if you don't have a smart phone? I wonder if the lit side rails add extra light to the game the thing with apron led strip and spots is that you get needed light close to flippers but the rest of the game, side plastics etc. stay dark which I like, I haven't seen pinstadium in person so I don't know, looking forward to seeing what the new owners do to correct this, man its killing me, might have to get a new CC and buy one, I said I was going to wait for a year but damn it this is the coolest pin on the market.

acdcc481501cebcfeafc04518edc9771af2bf95e (resized).jpg

f44d9bab151c345869274ebf19e8429a3339df6a (resized).jpg

#17596 2 years ago

So fixed the side art lights. Just replugged into 12v. Huge difference even with the lights on. Back box still darker than I was expecting so will look into that. After further review the led strip in the backbox connects to the harness that I needed to plug in for the speakers and tv to work. Looks to be a different plug them side art which goes into main board.

Going to try and take video of that nice orbit setup shot to upper left flipper

20171021_233745 (resized).jpg
20171021_234403 (resized).jpg
20171021_235610 (resized).jpg

#17597 2 years ago

Here's a video of that shot. If you hit the left orbit clean and let it go around and bounce off a dead right flipper it goes RIGHT to your upper left flipper for a shot. I botch it and miss the first attempt but you get the picture (end up hitting it in the end).

#17598 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Here's a video of that shot. If you hit the left orbit clean and let it go around and bounce off a dead right flipper it goes RIGHT to your upper left flipper for a shot. I botch it and miss the first attempt but you get the picture (end up hitting it in the end).
» YouTube video

Damn! Even with only a 10 second snippet this machine sounds and looks fantastic!

#17599 2 years ago

Going to sleep but trying to find out why two inserts don't light up. Looked underneath and took this picture where the lights are. If someone with an alien can take a similar bc potentially missing plug?

20171021_233304 (resized).jpg

20171021_233302 (resized).jpg

#17600 2 years ago

So your upon further inspection it's more than 2 inserts it's actually 8 or so and all the middle PCB. Basically the pic I provided above. Once I can see someone's i can see the difference but it seems like I'm missing a few clips that should be inserted like the others. Thing is I don't see any free clip that need to be clicked in.....

Btw for new owners, they include a plastic cover that needs to be removed in the pf embedded LCD. I didn't know this and removed it after a few games! Guess I should off but the screen looks much better now.

20171022_082338 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 14,900.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
14,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 27033 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 541.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside