• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 494.
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Am I the only one that really wants the Lime Green Powder coated look?

No! I think the Lime Green looks great!

#1702 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Am I the only one that really wants the Lime Green Powder coated look?

Nope......I'm digging the slime green too....#212 here..LE w extra display in back box...bring it!!!

#1703 3 years ago

Was also at the UKPP reveal yesterday and what I saw was extremely egg-citing! If the licensing goes smoothly this will be a corker of a pin. Style-wise so far it's right on the money. Great work HP.

#1704 3 years ago

Man, super jealous of the people who got to see the prototype art lit up in person, I've only seen photos myself. I have some tweaks I think I'd like to make based on the pics, but backlit stuff is so hard to photograph to look like it does in real life.

#1705 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, super jealous of the people who got to see the prototype art lit up in person, I've only seen photos myself. I have some tweaks I think I'd like to make based on the pics, but backlit stuff is so hard to photograph to look like it does in real life.

I'll shoot some HD video in low lighting so you can see the backlit translite and side art and how it lights up. I'll send you the footage. It does look impressive.

#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I'll shoot some HD video in low lighting so you can see the backlit translite and side art and how it lights up. I'll send you the footage. It does look impressive.

#1707 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Dying here...dying!!!.....share when you can, please.....

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Dying here...dying!!!.....share when you can, please.....

As soon as we can and we can't wait!

#1709 3 years ago

dogday-phonecall.jpg

#1710 3 years ago

couldn't help myself Aliens.jpg

#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Are all the alians movies good?

One of the little known controversies around the original 1979 movie at the time was the unauthorized use of a portion of the first movement of American Composer Howard Hanson's 1930 Symphony No. 2, called the "Romantic" for the closing credits. When I first saw the movie in 1979, I instantly recognized it as his music score and thought it fit the ending of the movie perfectly as it is one of my favorite American compositions. The version used in the movie comes from the superlative 1967 British National Philharmonic Orchestra recording conducted by Charles Gerhardt. As I understand it, a last minute decision was made by Ridley Scott to not use Jerry Goldsmith's original score but to change it to the "Romantic" but without the permission of the composer, Howard Hanson, who was still living at the time. From what I have read, Mr. Hanson was very upset when he learned they had used his composition, but he decided not to pursue any legal redress, perhaps because he was 80 years old at the time. The ending credits do give credit to the score as the "Romantic." I am glad they made the change to the "Romantic" but it is a little sad they did not get the Composer's approval to do so.

#1712 3 years ago

Andrew says he's looking into chrome and polished chrome ( my pick) as options.

#1713 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

One of the little known controversies around the original 1979 movie at the time was the unauthorized use of a portion of the first movement of American Composer Howard Hanson's 1930 Symphony No. 2, called the "Romantic" for the closing credits. When I first saw the movie in 1979, I instantly recognized it as his music score and thought it fit the ending of the movie perfectly as it is one of my favorite American compositions. The version used in the movie comes from the superlative 1967 British National Philharmonic Orchestra recording conducted by Charles Gerhardt. As I understand it, a last minute decision was made by Ridley Scott to not use Jerry Goldsmith's original score but to change it to the "Romantic" but without the permission of the composer, Howard Hanson, who was still living at the time. From what I have read, Mr. Hanson was very upset when he learned they had used his composition, but he decided not to pursue any legal redress, perhaps because he was 80 years old at the time. The ending credits do give credit to the score as the "Romantic." I am glad they made the change to the "Romantic" but it is a little sad they did not get the Composer's approval to do so.

That's heavy Doc.

#1714 3 years ago

ZENzen alien.jpg

#1715 3 years ago

Hope they will have great advertisment like this one from SpaceInvaders.

comic.jpg

#1716 3 years ago

So that's what an aliens man bits look like.

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

So that's what an aliens man bits look like.

Bravo! Well played.

#1718 3 years ago

Has Heighway said if they are showing anything at Expo? Is Aurich coming to Expo? (Your stalker wants to know. Muwahahahaha. )

#1719 3 years ago

I'll be at Expo. Dunno what if anything we're showing from Alien.

#1720 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll be at Expo. Dunno what if anything we're showing from Alien.

"If anything"? How long ago was this title announced? Last Expo maybe? How can there be nothing to reveal at this point? These 3-4 year development cycles from some manufacturers is wearing thin.

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

"If anything"?? How long ago was this title announced? Last Expo maybe? How can there be nothing to reveal at this point? These 3-4 year development cycles from some manufacturers is wearing thin.

Cool your tits.

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Cool your tits.

An interesting expression.

#1723 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

"If anything"? How long ago was this title announced? Last Expo maybe? How can there be nothing to reveal at this point? These 3-4 year development cycles from some manufacturers is wearing thin.

Yes, last Expo. And here we are, not quite a year later, and already you're complaining about a 4 year development cycle.

Everyone relax, I don't speak for Andrew. The process is what it is, people are working, the game is real, it's just a matter of letting it all happen. In the meantime let Full Throttle get some time in the sun, it just started shipping for real!

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, last Expo. And here we are, not quite a year later, and already you're complaining about a 4 year development cycle.
Everyone relax, I don't speak for Andrew. The process is what it is, people are working, the game is real, it's just a matter of letting it all happen. In the meantime let Full Throttle get some time in the sun, it just started shipping for real!

Sure, I'm "complaining". It's completely unreasonable I guess to have a full year go by and expect a single update (and what was the development time needed on Full Throttle?). Excuse me for having unreal expectations.

I'd like to officially announce I'm making a Mad Max pinball machine. Get back to me in 2020. I "may" have something to show then. Meanwhile, I'll start an "official game thread" where people can loosely talk about the movie franchise but hopefully throw in many boob pics along the way.

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Sure, I'm "complaining". It's completely unreasonable I guess to have a full year go by and expect a single update. Excuse me for having unreal expectations.
I'd like to officially announce I'm making a Mad Max pinball machine. Get back to me in 2020. I "may" have something to show then. Meanwhile, I'll start an "official game thread" where people can loosely talk about the movie franchise but hopefully throw in many boob pics along the way.

Your reaction is not realistic and totally out of context!

If someone has supplied enough and realistic updates to this forum it is Heighway.

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Sure, I'm "complaining". It's completely unreasonable I guess to have a full year go by and expect a single update (and what was the development time needed on Full Throttle?). Excuse me for having unreal expectations.

There have been multiple updates since the announcement. Quit crying.

#1727 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Your reaction is not realistic and totally out of context!
If someone has supplied enough and realistic updates to this forum it is Heighway.

You lost me. Honestly, why is my reaction not realistic? It's not realistic to expect a new update after year? And how is it out of context? I'm simply saying another manufacturer who can't provide regular updates and show real progress (but can take deposits) is frustrating. And I certainly don't want to hear the old "we expect development on game #2 to go much faster/smoother" when there is no evidence to show that's true and we all know what that has been like with a certain other manufacturer. Perhaps Heighway themselves can comment on what they plan to show at Expo this year? (if anything?)

If you're happy with what you're not seeing and you're happy with how things are heading in pinball then great. We all have our own opinions (albeit only some of us are capable of expressing them without childish insults and personal attacks on others).

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

You lost me. Honestly, why is my reaction not realistic? It's not realistic to expect a new update after year? And how is it out of context? I'm simply saying another manufacturer who can't provide regular updates and show real progress (but can take deposits) is frustrating. And I certainly don't want to hear the old "we expect development on game #2 to go much faster/smoother" when there is no evidence to show that's true and we all know what that has been like with a certain other manufacturer. Perhaps Heighway themselves can comment on what they plan to show at Expo this year? (if anything?)
If you're happy with what you're not seeing and you're happy with how things are heading in pinball then great. We all have our own opinions (albeit only some of us are capable of expressing them without childish insults and personal attacks on others).

Really? This thread started 10 months ago. That is less than a year. When you search only on posts from 'Heighwaypinball' you get a lot of posts.

Don't try to be childish or insult you, just cannot follow your logic.

P.s. I recently jumped from the JJP train, so maybe I am more easily satisfied with the info Heighway is supplying

#1729 3 years ago

Come on Heighway, tease us with SOMETHING from this pin. Keep up with the marketing hype of late.

#1730 3 years ago

Expo is a little over a month away, maybe wait to see what they show then. That's the way companies used to reveal progress, ever since the internet people have had unrealistic expectations.

#1731 3 years ago

I love how you get downvoted when you ask for something. Ok Heighway, forget it, GIVE US NOTHING!!!! WOOHOO!!!

#1732 3 years ago

We recently had some news about Alien. Just because Stern announced GOT doesn't mean Heighway has to release more info on Alien at your command...

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

We recently had some news about Alien. Just because Stern announced GOT doesn't mean Heighway has to release more info on Alien at your command...

And what news do you speak of? How about showing something? Anything? That playfield layout? Did I miss something else?

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

There have been multiple updates since the announcement. Quit crying.

Agreed....communication has been fine, and I think Andrew has gone above and beyond sharing what he can.....no one hates to wait worse than me ( for anything), so of course I wish I was playing it today....but this wait has nothing to do with poor communication, rather the process itself. It will happen......look @ the Full Throttle reviews.....

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

And what news do you speak of? How about showing something? Anything? That playfield layout? Did I miss something else?

The hold up is licensing approvals, that has been clear. Visitors to the UK pinball party got to see a lot of "eyeballs only" stuff in a private room, and the reports from them were very exciting.

It is what it is, but with expo so close it makes sense to hold back at this point even if they got an approval this past week.

#1736 3 years ago

Did u pre-order? You don't have to you know and if the wait is a hassle then get out of it, I did with TH as I lost interest and received a full refund, doubtful I would do that with Aliens unless it became ridiculous but a year isn't too bad and I think we will see something soon. Just saying no reason for complaints as you don't have to pre-order and you can get out of it anytime, Predator was something to complain about, or JPOP.

#1737 3 years ago

I expect great things from this pin. Can't wait to see more. Glad Aurich is doing the art. GOT makes the wait easier

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Did u pre-order? You don't have to you know and if the wait is a hassle then get out of it, I did with TH as I lost interest and received a full refund, doubtful I would do that with Aliens unless it became ridiculous but a year isn't too bad and I think we will see something soon. Just saying no reason for complaints as you don't have to pre-order and you can get out of it anytime, Predator was something to complain about, or JPOP.

Lol, here we go again. If you're not a pre-order you can't have an opinion, huh? Tough.

10 months ago was a playfield layout drawing. I haven't actually SEEN an update since then. It should not take a company a full year to get artwork approval. All I stated was that I'm tired of manufacturers taking pre-order dollars and not showing any progress or regular updates. How could they not show a flipping white wood by now for example? Forget the artwork approvals. Has the playfield layout changed or been updated?

Bottom line, just saying the direction consumers are allowing new pinball manufacturers to go, sucks IMO (and apparently just my opinion). We should be demanding regular updates of progress and manufacturers taking pre-order dollars should be more transparent. I really hate to see Heighway end up in a situation where they're potentially using Alien pre-order dollars to put out Full Throttle orders paid for long ago and then needing an outside investor to come in at some point in order to get Alien into production. That's not good for pinball IMO.

But hey, maybe Heighway is planning to show a flipping whitewood at Expo and/or approved artwork? Can someone from Heighway comment on what they plan to show just a month from now?

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Lol, here we go again. If you're not a pre-order you can't have an opinion, huh? Tough.

I was just asking, don't care if you did or not. I know for myself if I didn't then I couldn't care less how long production takes, i'm not in on TBL and do not care when its released, hope everyone gets their game but otherwise not important what so ever to me. Take it easy fella.

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

But hey, maybe Heighway is planning to show a flipping whitewood at Expo and/or approved artwork? Can someone from Heighway comment on what they plan to show just a month from now?

I think all signs are green here. They even let people in on a closed session to show stuff that cannot be made public at that moment.

If approvals are in they will show new things as soon as possible I think.

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

10 months ago was a playfield layout drawing. I haven't actually SEEN an update since then. It should not take a company a full year to get artwork approval. All I stated was that I'm tired of manufacturers taking pre-order dollars and not showing any progress or regular updates. How could they not show a flipping white wood by now for example? Forget the artwork approvals. Has the playfield layout changed or been updated?
Bottom line, just saying the direction consumers are allowing new pinball manufacturers to go, sucks IMO (and apparently just my opinion). We should be demanding regular updates of progress and manufacturers taking pre-order dollars should be more transparent. I really hate to see Heighway end up in a situation where they're potentially using Alien pre-order dollars to put out Full Throttle orders paid for long ago and then needing an outside investor to come in at some point in order to get Alien into production. That's not good for pinball IMO.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion ( as everyone), but you're way off base lumping all " new" companies together, particularly in this instance.......there is updated info on the pin as Frolic pointed out, Aurich just may not know or is not in the position to comment on what is being revealed at Expo, and Heighway has shown absolutely no need for "Alien $$$ to cover Full Throttle production" or whatever you're trying to stir ( actually quite the opposite....suspect our preorder $$$ doesn't come close to what they have invested in just what they have shown us in Manufacturing machinery alone).

My opinion.......you're off base with some of your points.....might want to read the last several pages of Heighway threads, then vent some more if you want......doesn't really matter to me .......

#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

10 months ago was a playfield layout drawing. I haven't actually SEEN an update since then.

Welp, then all I can say is you're not only complaining about things in a hyperbolic way (10 months became 4 years somehow) but you're not even actually paying attention. Forget the closed doors stuff that just happened at the UK party (with Fox's permission, no photos allowed). A brand new CAD drawing was just shown last month, with all the new shots, details on toys, etc.

Stern just took two years to work on GoT. They have the luxury of being able to work behind the scenes quietly. New companies have to announce way more ahead of time.

Here's the reality: People are more interested in buying Full Throttle now because they know that swapping in an Alien playfield is a possibility. So Heighway announced it earlier than they might have otherwise. They're providing a roadmap as a new company to customers, so you know what to expect.

This is what pinball is like. It takes a long time, because it's complicated. You say it keeps happening. Well yeah, everyone is building pinball machines, it takes time. Licensing approvals alone make the process slower. Andrew is playing by the rules, not showing things he shouldn't (ala the Dutch Pinball explosion) and it just means you have to be patient. You haven't sent in any money, which doesn't mean you don't get to have an opinion, but it means you're just waiting. You're not out any cash. Have to be a little patient is all.

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Whoa. It looks like you're venting about a unrelated situation, which is alright, but take it easy. I fully expect they'll have something to show at expo and if not, I'll at least get to see Full Throttle. They are too many games out there to be worried about a new one coming. I'll let Heighway do the worrying about getting the game out and I'll just revel in the games that are out today.

I didn't mean to stir the pot with such a simple question.

#1744 3 years ago

What other industry gives you anything close to periodic updates? Internet is full of whining whiners that proactively look for whining opportunities. Whiner.

Don't preorder...problem solved. Then you wont feel you are owed updates from a private company.

#1745 3 years ago

As a member of the Alien team, I can assure you that we are working hard on the game. We did show quite a bit at the UK Pinball Party to those luckily enough to attend. We will show more when we can but unlike Full Throttle, we are bound by licensing restrictions.

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Welp, then all I can say is you're not only complaining about things in a hyperbolic way (10 months became 4 years somehow) but you're not even actually paying attention. Forget the closed doors stuff that just happened at the UK party (with Fox's permission, no photos allowed). A brand new CAD drawing was just shown last month, with all the new shots, details on toys, etc.

10 months became 4 years? Huh? I stated that once again a company seems to be on target for a 3-4 year development cycle even on game #2 (from announcement to actual production). If all that has been shown is "an updated CAD drawing" after 10 months then it sure seems like that's sadly the way this is possibly going and I think the practice of taking people's pre-order dollars and not being more transparent is very bad for pinball. You don't need any approval from the studio to have shown a flipping white wood by now with code/rules advancing (so don't give me that "our hands are tied by the studio licensing" crap.) I'm sure there were a handful of people who saw something in a private room and I'm sure the team "is working hard on the game" but ultimately it's just hearsay. I just think there is zero excuse for such a lack of transparency when you're taking pre-order dollars from people. People should know exactly how at risk their money is. If you can't pin down within roughly a month of when production will begin, after a year of development, something is wrong.

And to the handful of folks who think this is somehow whining, you're entitled to your opinion as well but we've already seen Skit-B go down with people's money as well as JFlop and while many people who lost money weren't financially ruined there were/are several folks who were hurt very badly and won't or can't be buying a pin ever again. That's bad for pinball. The fact that another manufacturer just had to have another round of bailout funding (and then had the nerve to celebrate it) just to continue is extremely disconcerting for what could have happened there as well. I don't think it's bad to expect more transparency as consumers. I don't think this should be accepted as the new norm.

#1747 3 years ago

Full throttle looks great and the price is right. At least there is one game out and that makes me fill better about Aliens. I personally think this is a great time for pinball. Let's all be happy there are choices and more choices to come. The biggest complaint should be finding room. I too hate waiting when I have money on a game. But has happened with all manufacturers big and small for me personally. Yes even stern. I am looking forward to adding this to my collection .

#1748 3 years ago

I think the only point at which you're allowed to express concern is after someone makes a Hitler Reaction video and nary a moment sooner...

#1749 3 years ago

Well, like it or not Pinchili is the opposite side of our two-sided preorder coin. It's not always hearts and flowers and I thank Pinchili for reminding us of that.

I'm in on the Alien pin, got burned 100% by the Predator mess, so while I'm optimistic I'm also watching the timeline and situation for anything odd or what I consider uncomfortable. Call it awaretimism.

#1750 3 years ago

Yeah... But there are MAJOR differences between Alien and Predator. For instance, an actual manufacturing facility... Paid employees... Title 1 already shipping... A real license from Fox... Not demanding any more money until your machine is being built... Pinchili's bitching is unwarranted at this point. Heighway is doing exactly what they should be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside