• 26,949 posts
  • 1,035 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 minutes ago by Dee-Bow
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,394 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4BC6A8AC-05EA-4DC8-AF58-5301504336D4 (resized).jpeg
7ECA8D14-E8C1-4BBE-B5D7-819A8A9CB6FD (resized).jpeg
CF3024B0-5E1C-46D5-91CB-E7AC61A7E8CE (resized).jpeg
5E980883-925F-431F-A571-5F76F1539478 (resized).jpeg
6D23FF27-3B1E-4352-8EFE-9FF7738910AF (resized).jpeg
Antipop (resized).JPG
williams green translucent 3-D retangular target (resized).jpg
4537E60F-3D5F-48CD-9BE7-A6EB7DF7383A (resized).jpeg
D9F5F7A4-37FA-4E2F-B6BB-FD1505360064 (resized).jpeg
A2EABD8D-36DE-4AAE-A4FF-5257E2B976BC (resized).jpeg
7BE9F0B7-35C7-4D8E-91A6-9164B6977372 (resized).jpeg
1E17AC65-D6CC-4201-B5AB-ED282590B60F (resized).jpeg
1B40711B-202A-4B25-A33E-337FDC9783AD (resized).jpeg
e730c549cc0b5dffff36a17eccee1f98f54dc63d (resized).jpg
E248DB75-D77E-4476-9982-2FB21CA7521B (resized).jpeg
487E0347-F490-47F7-9F15-35D2A4B717A9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 26949 posts in this topic. You are on page 349 of 539.
#17401 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Did you, or did you not flip MG?
Is BBB currently for sale? Either he is lying or he is not..

A good liar will use a grain of truth and surround it with bullshit. Reposted below so you can read it again.
Hilton flat out lied about the circumstances in his effort to slander me. And he knows he lied.

Quoted from Whysnow:

says the guy that hyped up MG and as soon as AP stepped in flipped for a hefty profit prior to delivery of a box of blinking lights to a narcasist looking for attention. I mean... if we want to talk reality of people actually having personal gain from schilling a game that never even worked correctly from D1, then that is the more accurate and saddening story to tell. I am out money on Predator and have been fighting the good fight on that. You profitted off the money spent by hundreds of other pinheads that helped fund you flip of MG.
I appologized multiple times for my transgressions concerning predator from years ago now, and you trying to equate me liking how aliens shoots is both disrespectful and disingenuous.
I actually like pinball for the fact that it is pinball. Sorry for seeing the positive in a game, despite the added crap involved with the company making it.
now go back to flipping your BBB before the remakes come out...

I'm pretty sure we should get back on topic now but whatever.

#17402 2 years ago

Back to what this thread should be about....

Melissa from CT said Friday my Alien would be in and shipped out shortly after.

#17403 2 years ago

Well, my fingers are STILL crossed (they are starting to ache) that replacement parts are included in the shipment expected to arrive at CT tomorrow. Mellisa said the parts are 'supposed' to be on the container, but she will not be able to confirm until they open it up.

I was hopeful I'd have them by now (as promised multiple times by Heighway), as I'm bringing Alien to the Houston Arcade Expo this weekend. In several emails sent months ago, I mentioned this was a good opportunity for Alien to shine - perhaps bringing in new sales. But no, now people will be playing an Alien with no working Xeno, many lights out, no working playfield LCD, and stuck on code version 0.94.

Regardless, I'm going to have a GREAT time this weekend!!

#17404 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

and youre certainly Canada-ish.

That doesn't work and there's already a term for someone from Canada, Canadian. also I don't watch hockey.

#17405 2 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Back to what this thread should be about....
Melissa from CT said Friday my Alien would be in and shipped out shortly after.

Not going to take the drive for it?

#17406 2 years ago

If you are in Australia you can come play this one

https://www.facebook.com/events/121606861838600/

IMG_1773 (resized).JPG

#17407 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Boom! Here we go, this is gonna be great...

#17408 2 years ago

Excellent!!!!! I'm not in Australia, but please report.....thanks

#17409 2 years ago

Make a new Alien tread........ special for none fans only.
Than we stay here.

#17410 2 years ago

xeno work?
all lights work?

can we get some photos of underside, new GI, etc?

#17411 2 years ago

Enjoying the critique from greenhornet and believe the real objections raised against his posting are from people believing that these posts do not belong in this thread - official Alien thread. I do not feel the objections are trying to stifle criticisms, only that many people believe this material belongs in a new thread - design issues with Alien. In this way everyone's opinion can be heard and Alien groupies can huddle in a safe place.

Now where are those unboxing pics?

#17412 2 years ago

Seems like anyone who received a new Alien only includes a pic or too and then no comments on impressions/if it's working, etc. What a tease! We want more info ; )

When I get this game on Friday expect a green hornet type summary except with information that people care about.

#17414 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Enjoying the critique from greenhornet and believe the real objections raised against his posting are from people believing that these posts do not belong in this thread - official Alien thread. I do not feel the objections are trying to stifle criticisms, only that many people believe this material belongs in a new thread - design issues with Alien. In this way everyone's opinion can be heard and Alien groupies can huddle in a safe place.

if you have not realized by now, nobody is bothered by his opinon. It is the 3 month build up, the fact that he has not even played a single game on Alien (all his analysis from wathcing streams of production games with players that are learning the game), and his posturing as some sort of pro on design when he obviously has very little clue to the reality of what has gone into making the produciton machine.

Also, many that have played the game just disagree with his opinion and he has reached broken record status after a 3 month build up. It is a classic over sell and under deliver. The only interesting thing at this point is why/what is his angle on the coninual and now boring crusade when other people in the community are clearly excited to be getting some games after a way too long wait...

He has become the guy pissing in the cherrios of a bunch of people excited about their new toy. nothing more and nothing less at this point.

#17415 2 years ago

Anybody in So Cal getting one of these?

#17416 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

xeno work?
all lights work?
can we get some photos of underside, new GI, etc?

Yes it works great

Will try and stream from the show

#17417 2 years ago

even though it's just one picture - look how sick that pinball looks. All black, it just screams Alien and it's not even turned on. Def stands out.

Speaking of parts coming to CT, it's not clear if beacons/toppers were included either. Last I heard from CT (maybe a month ago) was that they prob won't be included but who knows if that's changed. I would love to get those beacons at the same time - love that look. Was actually watching Alien last night an the yellow flashers are such a perfect tie in for the pin.

I'm really pumped for tomorrow. Hopefully nothing changes.

#17419 2 years ago

My last input on this topic (guaranteed).....I'm not an alien"groupie" and don't need a safe place. I've been a supporter since day 1, as anyone who loves pinball and finally sees their grail have a potential to come to fruition. Greenhornet's comments are all based on his observations and perceived "truths" about gameplay...useless and without merit until the games actually are in peoples hands and they provide true metrics. He has also chosen to quantify me as some sort of child, and quoting (via extensive search) many of my threads relative to my journey with this title. A hope to discredit my opinion will further drive more away (and yes his statements are OPINION...I've actually played the game, he is speculating via fuzzy math).

His purpose is agenda driven, period (coming from an adult who is very in tune to this type of activity) and not appreciated on my behalf. We can all speculate why, but has no place in any threads, imho.

As far as Alien....I'll still be here, and can't wait to see more unboxings, gameplay!!!

#17420 2 years ago

I'll be inviting some Pinsiders over to help unbox mine and give it a thorough testing!

#17421 2 years ago

Hopefully you are satisfied with explanation from the designer. post #17389 and will save us from further ramblings.

Quoted from greenhornet:

regarding my motivations, this was posted about 2 months ago and remains true today. the only difference now is that some people dont like what they are hearing.

#17422 2 years ago

I agree with this but I wish GreenHornet would be pithy instead of his long winded comments - My attention deficit disorder hurts.

And I don't get the criticism of MK6PIN. MK6PIN has worn his heart on his sleeve and has been very balanced and realistic with the highs and lows of this ordeal. I want to see everyone get their machines but he deserves LE #1.

#17423 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And I don't get the criticism of MK6PIN. MK6PIN has worn his heart on his sleeve and has been very balanced and realistic with the highs and lows of this ordeal. I want to see everyone get their machines but he deserves LE #1.

Thanks for the kind post, Kim. Whatever # I get (provided I get one), there will be an official invite to Asheville, to assist in the evaluation (after I play it a bunch, of course.......)....mark

#17424 2 years ago

Enjoying the critique from greenhornet and believe the real objections raised against his posting are from people believing that these posts do not belong in this thread - official Alien thread.

I object to him/her being a, no offense, windbag...and not only that, doing it with a troll-ish tone the entire time. We don't need a provocateur in the mix at this point. He/she is purposefully being annoying which is just immature and it's dragging a screwed up thread further down the rabbit-hole...or toilet bowl.

Start a new thread specific to rehashing the design of a game that was designed YEARS ago and go nuts. It's tiresome here.

#17425 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

What makes anyone think that if a 'fix' was as simple as moving Dennis Nordman's flipper to the outside orbit, it wouldn't have been done? As it happened, neither the geometry nor the mechanics and electronics below the field (it's easy to forget the playfield areas you can't see) allowed for it. Placing a flipper in its own space, and then extending a shot from it, as was done with the chestburster lane, gives you flexibility of angles. Placing a flipper in an existing orbit doesn't - the flipper angle has to be an extension of said orbit. Geometry is like a jigsaw - you can't simply exchange pieces and expect it to work. Look at the angle of the flipper, and compare it with the orbit. Either the flipper would have been terrible for the shots, or a ball from the orbit passing the flipper would have drained every time. You could solve one or the other, but not both.
Personally here I prefer having the upper flipper in a different place from the orbit anyway, because the orbit is where it goes 90 percent of the time in a modern game, so in this case it was a design choice. It was to have had additional feed from another magnet, but complications arose with that and the game's mechanical BOM ultimately needed to be trimmed anyway. I considered blocking off the second exit from the pops so that every top lane entry would feed the flipper, but almost nobody else liked it that way - the majority verdict wanted the pops more open and the game to remain less predictable.

Really good post from ealadubhsidhe. I’d like to see greenhornet’s response. GH hasn’t accounted for under the playfield mechanics in the design, and based on what ealadubhsidhe has pointed out about the geometry, GH would have likely been otherwise raising concern about the difficulty of nailing vent 3 or hyperspace from the alternate reality UR orbit flipper.

#17426 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Really good post from ealadubhsidhe. I’d like to see greenhornet’s response. GH hasn’t accounted for under the playfield mechanics in the design, and based on what ealadubhsidhe has pointed out about the geometry, GH would have likely been otherwise raising concern about the difficulty of nailing vent 3 or hyperspace from the alternate reality UR orbit flipper.

Well that's because one of those guys is a pinball critic... and the other is a pinball designer.

#17427 2 years ago

Hi All

Sorry for delay in more info on the game.

Have been working dubble overtime this week and cant play when the cildren sleeps ( says my wife ... ) .

So i have got like 2 hour of gaming on the maschine , i have tested Alien and Aliens mode.

Booth moods looks fine and works as they should so far.

I have palyed most on Alien mode , just to try to understand the rules and combos to get the game going.

The Alien eats the ball nice , no problem ( sorry for the bad pictures , but tired to take them when i played myself )

I am not used to a 4 flipper pinball game and sometime i forgott to use the 2 upper once.

What can i say abou the game.

The sound is good ( a little high on the lowest level ) quallity and the different "alien" sound is realy nice !!!

The gun reloding sound i like a lot .

All over the game sound nice.

The movie clip in the monitors ( i have the 27" screen in the back box , i say everyone should spend the money on that one , it is the thing that makes the game ) is several and good once.

The eggs is changing color and it lights up the top of the game.

In the lower parts around the 10" monitor in the playfield the game is darker and i have to had som lights on in my room , no big deal but my other games are brighter.

The ball have many ways to move and it is a lot to aim and hit in the different game modes/missions .

The Ailen and Ailens game are different so it feels like you are playing 2 different games when you change , the video do a lot of this feeling.

So i cant say so much more right now , need to play more to leran the game and the angels to aim on the ramps and targets.

But all over the game works for 100% and i will work hard on ot the comming weekend.

Hope that there will be some delivivery in USA by Cointakers and in Canada by Nitro Pinball so we can have some more pictures and feedback on the game.

Wow i am the 5 best player on Alien in the pinside !!!! 30.502.930 ( well not for long but i can be happy all day out today , you all will show me nice number the comming weeks )

Enjoy.

hiscore (resized).JPG

ball1 (resized).JPG

ball2 (resized).JPG

egg1 (resized).JPG

apc dropp (resized).JPG

airlock (resized).JPG

revive 1 (resized).JPG

#17428 2 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

sorry for the bad pictures , but tired to take them when i played myself

What? Those pics are GREAT!! So happy to see these going out.

#17430 2 years ago

Nice - keep the impressions and pics coming! Did yours come with any toppers/beacons? I'm hoping they do but not confident. No idea why HW couldn't include those in these shipments

#17431 2 years ago

Hi

No topper and no beacons on this one , i have not seen any toppers to the Alien game just the beacons.

I have orderd 1 LE for my private collection and that one comes with the beacons, so i have to change ou the SE when Heighway willl start the production on them.

Hope it will be delivered befor x-mas

egg1 (resized).JPG

hiscore (resized).JPG

facehugger (resized).JPG

#17432 2 years ago

love the pics!!!

sorry - topper is the beacons in this case. I ordered a SE but with beacons and was hoping it would ship with them. Will find out tomorrow.

#17433 2 years ago

Sweet looking pin!!!

#17434 2 years ago

Ok nice

Looking forward to see your picture and some good news about the USA delivery .

Hope that Heighway will speed up the production and see that every game coming out in the market.

#17435 2 years ago

Looks great!!!

#17436 2 years ago

Sweet!

#17437 2 years ago

Radical. I'm really stoked to see others getting the game. Enjoy!

#17438 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The Vent 3 loop would certainly have been harder, but what would probably would have happened more is the ball would have clonked the inside edge of the hypersleep ramp a lot and not gone up it smoothly. The more vertical the flipper bat, the greater the curviture of the ramp you need to squeeze into what may be a very confined space; at the same time, the bat can't be too high or too low that the natural perpendicular angle from the bat drifts away from the entry point of the lower shot.

#17439 2 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

Hi All
Sorry for delay in more info on the game.
Have been working dubble overtime this week and cant play when the cildren sleeps ( says my wife ... ) .
So i have got like 2 hour of gaming on the maschine , i have tested Alien and Aliens mode.
Booth moods looks fine and works as they should so far.
I have palyed most on Alien mode , just to try to understand the rules and combos to get the game going.
The Alien eats the ball nice , no problem ( sorry for the bad pictures , but tired to take them when i played myself )
I am not used to a 4 flipper pinball game and sometime i forgott to use the 2 upper once.
What can i say abou the game.
The sound is good ( a little high on the lowest level ) quallity and the different "alien" sound is realy nice !!!
The gun reloding sound i like a lot .
All over the game sound nice.
The movie clip in the monitors ( i have the 27" screen in the back box , i say everyone should spend the money on that one , it is the thing that makes the game ) is several and good once.
The eggs is changing color and it lights up the top of the game.
In the lower parts around the 10" monitor in the playfield the game is darker and i have to had som lights on in my room , no big deal but my other games are brighter.
The ball have many ways to move and it is a lot to aim and hit in the different game modes/missions .
The Ailen and Ailens game are different so it feels like you are playing 2 different games when you change , the video do a lot of this feeling.
So i cant say so much more right now , need to play more to leran the game and the angels to aim on the ramps and targets.
But all over the game works for 100% and i will work hard on ot the comming weekend.
Hope that there will be some delivivery in USA by Cointakers and in Canada by Nitro Pinball so we can have some more pictures and feedback on the game.
Wow i am the 5 best player on Alien in the pinside !!!! 30.502.930 ( well not for long but i can be happy all day out today , you all will show me nice number the comming weeks )
Enjoy.

Nice creepy pics. Really shows the visual appeal of the game. Glad to see them finally getting to customers.

#17440 2 years ago

It's Friiiiiiidaaaay!

#17441 2 years ago
Quoted from insx:

It's Friiiiiiidaaaay!

Any reported sightings of aliens on the streets of PA?

#17442 2 years ago

Any reported sightings of aliens on the streets of PA?

My original plan was to leave at 5am but CT told me hold off on leaving until they confirm. Apparently they don't know timing of when it arrives so to hold tight until they're good.

As soon as that message is received (HOPEFULLY TODAY!) I will update the thread to let you know I am Alien bound. I'm hoping to have Aliens and be home in time for the yanks tonight. More to come...

#17443 2 years ago

Headed to CT this morning. Excited for the second time. Thanks Heighway, Roger, Morgan, Melissa, Chris and company for helping make this process possible. This will go on location again at starport. The others, as they come in will be on location in Pittsburgh and surrounding. Good luck all!!

#17444 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Headed to CT this morning. Excited for the second time. Thanks Heighway, Roger, Morgan, Melissa, Chris and company for helping make this process possible. This will go on location again at starport. The others, as they come in will be on location in Pittsburgh and surrounding. Good luck all!!

Pittsburgh is so pinball I love it. Not being from this area originally and moving here a few years ago - I never knew pinball was so popular here (although I've only been collecting for a couple of years). Two of us are getting this game from this area. That's hilarious. GL.

#17445 2 years ago

You guys should go together...

#17446 2 years ago

Got the confirmation! Leaving shortly.

I would def drive together but unfortunately I have calls to take from 10:30 to 1.

We're on an express elevator to hell - going down!

Expect updates!

#17448 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Got the confirmation! Leaving shortly.
I would def drive together but unfortunately I have calls to take from 10:30 to 1.
We're on an express elevator to hell - going down!
Expect updates!

Yay!!! Have a safe drive!!

#17449 2 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Sweet, I'll be back in Pittsburgh in a couple weeks and will be certain to book a hotel suitably close to Starport!

Edit - just saw that Starport isn't in Pitt, still holding out hope to get to play this game somewhere soon!

#17450 2 years ago

Good luck delt31 and report back when you can. I doubt you're going to be watching the Yankees tonight.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
14,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 14,900.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 159.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 26949 posts in this topic. You are on page 349 of 539.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside