• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 494.
#17101 1 year ago

finaldesitination.jpg
compass01.gif

#17102 1 year ago

I don't know - both "latest events" show location as Penn US. I do see the original estimate of 10/17 for final destination (10/16 for NY) which would be reasonable but not sure why the latest events are showing it's in Penn.

EDIT can someone confirm either way (I'm wrong or yes, that's correct)?

#17103 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I don't get the desire to follow a ship. Am I missing something?

Quoted from CoinTaker:

Here is the tracking information on the ship

#17104 1 year ago

Probably meant "cool" in the sense that now people can quit postulating where the shipment is.

#17105 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The old gag regarding JPOO was his customers could not get him to call back for post sales support or maintenance issues. People posing as new customers however would get a prompt return call. It was uncanny how that played out.
Primarily using email to resolve issues is often ineffective. Heighway should be picking up the phone and reaching out to its customers with issues and actively following up until resolved. Granted, this reflects the minimum acceptable effort, it is a long way from best practice. At this point, a little common sense and extra attention to detail would be a welcomed sight for sore eyes.

to clarify i have been fully paid for my le over 6 months ago with prior management. i have sent emails for updates and gotten responses whithin a day. not saying i am not upset over the wait though!

#17106 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't know - both "latest events" show location as Penn US. I do see the original estimate of 10/17 for final destination (10/16 for NY) which would be reasonable but not sure why the latest events are showing it's in Penn.
EDIT can someone confirm either way (I'm wrong or yes, that's correct)?

Ship tracker has the OOCL Asia a day off the coast of UK pushing 20kts, so i'd say the 17th is probably still a good estimate.

#17107 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Ship tracker has the OOCL Asia a day off the coast of UK pushing 20kts, so i'd say the 17th is probably still a good estimate.

yeah it's weird - seems to have conflicting info b/c the other events say in Penn but that would make more sense. I'll just check and assume no earlier than 16/17th.

#17108 1 year ago

None of this takes in to account pirates.

#17109 1 year ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

delt31 can confirm pirates season just ended.

pirates01.jpg

#17110 1 year ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Now you let the cat out of the bag for the next JJP machine!

#17111 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

delt31 can confirm pirates season just ended.

haha - born and raised new yorker! Big game tomorrow! Yankees looking to pull out 3 in a row.

Seriously though imagine pirates take over the ship and steal the machines. Talk about icing on the cake.

#17112 1 year ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Here is the tracking information on the ship carrying the first 21 Aliens.
OOLU4029084270 is the tracking number for the container consignment. Here is the corresponding web page for the tracking of this delivery http://www.oocl.com/eng/ourservices/eservices/cargotracking/Pages/CargoTracking.aspx
Sincerely,
Melissa
CoinTaker

Aliens!!! Have a great Expo, Melissa and Chris!!!

#17113 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Now you let the cat out of the bag for the next JJP machine!

What if JJP could have done both POTC and Alien?

alienpirate.jpg

#17114 1 year ago

If pirates take kneissl's game, we are going after them.

#17115 1 year ago

#lightgate

#17116 1 year ago

Last report: Oct 10, 2017 12:27 UTC
Ship type:Container Ship
Flag:Flag of Hong Kong Hong Kong
Destination:NEW YORK
ETA:Oct 16, 15:00
Lat/Lon:49.07583 N/10.81925 W
Course/Speed: 256 ° / 20.9 kn.
Current draught: 13 m
Callsign:VRBQ6
IMO / MMSI: 9300790 / 477105600

#17117 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If pirates take kneissl's game, we are going after them.

1248228_1 (resized).jpg

#17118 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Last report: Oct 10, 2017 12:27 UTC
Ship type:Container Ship
Flag:Flag of Hong Kong Hong Kong
Destination:NEW YORK
ETA:Oct 16, 15:00
Lat/Lon:49.07583 N/10.81925 W
Course/Speed: 256 ° / 20.9 kn.
Current draught: 13 m
Callsign:VRBQ6
IMO / MMSI: 9300790 / 477105600

where on the website are you seeing this? Trying to find it....thanks.

#17119 1 year ago

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9300790

You'll need to scroll out to find its location on the globe but you should be able to follow it from here.

#17120 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

What if JJP could have done both POTC and Alien?

Would have been better thsn the clunkfest we got

#17121 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9300790
You'll need to scroll out to find its location on the globe but you should be able to follow it from here.

That's great thanks!

#17122 1 year ago

Good news, container is in port and scheduled to be in our warehouse next week!

#17123 1 year ago

You Rock Melissa! Cant wait to play this pin!

#17124 1 year ago

My fingers are crossed that this container also includes replacement playfields and parts for early/beta machines.

#17125 1 year ago
Quoted from SunKing:

My fingers are crossed that this container also includes replacement playfields and parts for early/beta machines.

Good luck lol, it would be great I believe every Aliens so far has at least a non working xeno and old code, and one like yours I think light board issues.

I do think it's great there are 21 more machines, but Heighway only seems interested in making a few more machines not supporting what they have built or if they actually work properly.

#17126 1 year ago

If the boat is already in port, I guess that action event field I was citing was accurate? Current realtime tracking link shows the boat still far away (10/16 estimate) so it must be incorrect. Great to hear it's already in the US!

#17127 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

I do think it's great there are 21 more machines, but Heighway only seems interested in making a few more machines not supporting what they have built or if they actually work properly.

If this turns out to be the case, then they won't be around for very long. Mail these customers the parts they need yesterday!

#17128 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

I wouldn't be too excited to spend over $8000 on a companies product that has a proven record to NOT support it's existing customers! They best be prepared for that same customer service! I'd still wait to purchase a pin until I seen some positive action from HP2..like ALL the refunds and paperweights have been fixed!

#17129 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I wouldn't be too excited to spend over $8000 on a companies product that has a proven record to NOT support it's existing customers! They best be prepared for that same customer service! I'd still wait to purchase a pin until I seen some positive action from HP2..like ALL the refunds and paperweights have been fixed!

Yeah, I have been looking at buying a Full Throttle, but have been gun-shy for this reason. And the fact that Heighway seems totally disinterested in continuing the kit model.

#17130 1 year ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Good news, container is in port and scheduled to be in our warehouse next week!

If they are on the OOCL Asia then they are not in port yet. I have a hard time believing that "live tracking" is off by that much.

#17131 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm in! Order placed for an Alien!

Quoted from Taygeta:

What's the ETA on the game getting to you?

Quoted from Astropin:

I currently have no idea. I'm in no flaming hurry. I'll get it when I get it

Correction...about 7 months

#17132 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yeah, I have been looking at buying a Full Throttle, but have been gun-shy for this reason. And the fact that Heighway seems totally disinterested in continuing the kit model.

Buying a Full Throttle sounds like a bad idea. Don't ignore all the issues and lack of support that others have experienced. Do you really want to be another guy on this thread complaining about broken promises and waiting for parts that will never arrive?

#17133 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Buying a Full Throttle sounds like a bad idea. Don't ignore all the issues and lack of support that others have experienced. Do you really want to be another guy on this thread complaining about broken promises and waiting for parts that will never arrive?

They need to get on this ASAP. Replace "Full Throttle" from your above quote with "Alien" to see what a negative effect leaving their existing customers hanging is.

#17134 1 year ago

Hey Frolic you might know.... Did they ever release the code update for Full Throttle to fix the long standing shaker issues? As I understood, the shaker was so strong that most owners had to just disconnect it. And the code update to fix the issue was "coming soon"

I really don't think Heighway has ever had a clue what good customer service means.

#17135 1 year ago

I don't have a shaker on my machine, so I never needed the update.

I don't think there's been a released update in a long while. I think Brian said he had one, or has done work on one, but obviously there are other priorities with Alien.

I have no doubt the new owners are doing their best at this time, and this has probably been a bigger clusterF than they realized, but they are balls deep now. They are our only chance at this though so I wish them success and hope these long-standing issues are dealt with sooner than later.

#17136 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Did they ever release the code update for Full Throttle to fix the long standing shaker issues?

No they haven't. Not only was the shaker too strong, it was not well integrated into the overall gameplay. Result: shaker off

#17137 1 year ago

Back to Alien.....

I'm awaiting feedback from CT on the timing of next week's delivery. Sounds like if it's in the US but more importantly scheduled to be delivered to them next week, I would think they have a date. Seems like CT is proactively sharing info which is great so excited to hear when. Every meeting will be cancelled so I can drive and get this thing. Pics will of course be posted.

#17138 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If you've already inquired about a FT you should ask your distributor what they know about HP2's intentions with the kits package. Interested to know their official plan as that was a selling feature that separated them from the others. Yet another issue that could be solved with just a lil bit of communication!

#17139 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

If you've already inquired about a FT you should ask your distributor what they know about HP2's intentions with the kits package. Interested to know their official plan as that was a selling feature that separated them from the others. Yet another issue that could be solved with just a lil bit of communication!

Seems they are stimulating some kind of natural course with rising the prices of the kit. Here in Europe a kit now cost 6000 euros. That is 500 euros less than a Stern pro. You know were that is going.

#17140 1 year ago

Last we were told on our alien kit order was they were finalizing the crate still. If kits were being nixed they wouldn't bother designing a crate and just ship playfields to kit orders already placed and be done.

#17141 1 year ago

I'd still like to buy a kit for my full throttle. I figure having extra heighway parts from a spare playfield could prove handy.

#17142 1 year ago

Just my opinion, not looking to create an argument but I always thought the whole kit/swap out playfield idea was a waste of time, energy and low profit for HP. Just crank out machines and have extra parts to ship out to current clients.The concept sounds neat but in the end a total waste of time. Stern could have started this program by now. Why haven't they? Because there's not enough profit.
I have a Full Throttle and I feel they have a strong product. Plays crazy fast and It's built like a brick shithouse.

#17143 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Just my opinion, not looking to create an argument but I always thought the whole kit/swap out playfield idea was a waste of time, energy and low profit for HP. Just crank out machines and have extra parts to ship out to current clients.The concept sounds neat but in the end a total waste of time. Stern could have started this program by now. Why haven't they? Because there's not enough profit.
I have a Full Throttle and I feel they have a strong product. Plays crazy fast and It's built like a brick shithouse.

My feeling is to carve out a niche in the pinball market, they came up with a gimmick that appeals to a certain number of people, mainly operators and people with limited space. There are a bunch of people on Pinside that have mentioned they are pretty into the kit idea, so if they have 200 or 500 buyers getting it in part because of that, that gives them a leg up over other manufacturers... they have something else going on that the other guys can't compete with with this format. But yes, most people will just buy the full game and never swap. I actually like the concept and that they have one design and marketing element that really sets them apart. If they are trying to save time and crank out machines, I think where the new owners/company should do that is by dropping LE models and all the personalized choices. Customizing each pin to the owner is what really slows down production, rather than having a unique cabinet design on all the cabinets.

#17144 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't have a shaker on my machine, so I never needed the update.
I don't think there's been a released update in a long while.

For various reasons, there isn't likely to be another Full Throttle update for the original PC (Utilite). 1.41 is the last version.

However I have been porting all of the system updates, including newer shaker motor code, into a Full Throttle 2.0 package for the newer PCs that we are using on Alien. If you are getting Alien and want a Full Throttle kit, you'll get somewhat newer code. No rules changes, but lots of system bug fixes and system improvements. My personal Full Throttle is already updated to the new PC and it works great. The new PC is more reliable and makes future updates even easier, so perhaps someday there will even be a few rules changes that I've been working on.

#17145 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

the whole kit/swap out playfield idea was a waste of time,.. The concept sounds neat but in the end a total waste of time. Stern could have started this program by now. Why haven't they?

so instead, Multimorphic did.
in the end, i expect they will understand why it isn't a good idea as well.

#17146 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

mainly operators

Why would operators want hire money tied up in a kit sitting on the floor..... buy two full games want swap them out between locations sure.... but you would have to be a pretty big operator to leave money sitting on your floor....

#17147 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Well, it's never been Stern's MO to innovate.

Quoted from greenhornet:

Multimorphic's game change system is a lot more practical than Heighway's. Modules are smaller and lighter, making them much quicker and easier to change over. And there's a whole lot more to the Multimorphic P3 than just being able to swap games. By the way, check out their new website:

https://www.multimorphic.com/

#17148 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Quoted from solarvalue:

Multimorphic's game change system is a lot more practical than Heighway's. Modules are smaller and lighter, making them much quicker and easier to change over. And there's a whole lot more to the Multimorphic P3 than just being able to swap games. By the way, check out their new website:
https://www.multimorphic.com/

Yeah, the P3 did kits right. Their kits are WAY smaller than Heighway, the layouts work for multiple "games"worth of content, you can buy software/rule only games from their online store and download the new code, and they are WAY cheaper than a new game (playfield modules ~$2400, software only games [new rules and graphics for an existing playfield module] are ~$500). I should be getting my P3 in a couple weeks and I'm pretty stoked.

All that said, I was still VERY interested in the Heighway kit setup. I have almost 30 games, but there's always a "where can I fit one more" mentality, and since I refuse to let them migrate out of their half of the basement, I'm in a one-in-one-out situation. I would have rocked the Heighway kit for sure. Disappointed in the quality of everything thus far, even more disappointed in their apparent piss poor customer service, and even if they rectify all that, I'm disappointed they are pricing kits so that virtually nobody will buy them. I was planning to have 2 Heighway titles by now, but it's looking like I might not ever have any.

#17149 1 year ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Why would operators want hire money tied up in a kit sitting on the floor..... buy two full games want swap them out between locations sure.... but you would have to be a pretty big operator to leave money sitting on your floor....

Operators use to destroy games with sledge hammers once they stopped earning so they could accelerate the depreciation on them. The original kits (pin2k) were designed to save them money and make it to where they wouldn't need to take a sledge hammer to an old game.

#17150 1 year ago
Quoted from bcd:

For various reasons, there isn't likely to be another Full Throttle update for the original PC (Utilite). 1.41 is the last version.
However I have been porting all of the system updates, including newer shaker motor code, into a Full Throttle 2.0 package for the newer PCs that we are using on Alien. If you are getting Alien and want a Full Throttle kit, you'll get somewhat newer code. No rules changes, but lots of system bug fixes and system improvements. My personal Full Throttle is already updated to the new PC and it works great. The new PC is more reliable and makes future updates even easier, so perhaps someday there will even be a few rules changes that I've been working on.

I'll take one! My FTh is solid but I would still like to have a backup for the Utilite regardless of whether kits become available.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside