• 25,638 posts
  • 1,005 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,024 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN7232 (resized).JPG
DSCN7231 (resized).JPG
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
DSCN7223 (resized).JPG
9881FBEA-9297-46D2-B5F0-24F96FFD3F86 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7207 (resized).JPG
DSCN7212 (resized).JPG
DSCN7205 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
0E70BB0C-1D39-4F15-9FA2-013A83C465C7 (resized).jpeg
69FCDEA0-024E-4114-92F2-27977D3BE07C (resized).png
Unbenannt (resized).PNG
DSCN7196 (resized).JPG
9D705069-AD84-44A6-ACEC-DA686075003F (resized).jpeg
CC14A821-3A75-41FA-8CFD-56EE58121152 (resized).jpeg
62C48A7F-D3AA-4121-9663-0367A4B3C223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25638 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 513.
#17001 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Or some could apologize for false accusations, truth distortion and sending moderators on a witch hunt. All while being smug about it.
Don't expect much, Greenhornet. I'm still waiting on mine.

Yeah, he's quite the victim. He's been such an asset to this thread otherwise. Why would anyone think he's here for anything other than good-natured, fact-based discussion of Alien pinball?

#17002 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Pinside staff comment:
We have looked into the matter and do not see anything that leads us to believe greenhornet is a duplicate, in fact, our investigation leads us to believe he is not a duplicate. His posting style likewise does not emulate any usual duplicate account suspect.
If anyone has hard data to show or suggest (other than the third person comment above) he's a duplicate please give it to us in a private MF thread, otherwise we view the matter as closed and instruct everyone to go back on topic.
Thank you all for your attention.

Have you hooked him up to an oscilloscope? We need hard science on this.

#17003 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Haha! Robin doesn't give us access to fun stuff like that.

Seriously guys, everyone move along from the greenhornet and let the thread go back on topic. Have a good evening you all.

#17004 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Too funny!!!

#17005 2 years ago

From the Heighway Pinball Facebook page:

Hi. We are pleased to give an update.

A container of Alien SEs shipped last week to North America and a similar number of SE machines will go to Australia, France, Italy, Sweden, the UK and the US during this and next week. We plan to ship consistently over the coming weeks.

Compared to the prior machines, we have made major improvements to the reliability and playability. In addition to the vastly improved code, we have upgraded the processor, power supply and Xeno head.

We plan to have machines around the world for you to see and play in October and November. At the Pinball Expo in Chicago with our distributor Cointaker and at the European Pinball Championships in Sweden a week later; 20 - 22 October. Alien will be at the Swedish Championships 10 - 12 November and we hope at the DPO in the Netherlands and Bünde in Germany the same weekend, and at Video Giochi in Italy 17-18-19 November.

As those that follow our Twitter feed will be aware, Ryan Adams, a keen pinball fan, was in our area of Wales playing a music festival in the summer and had a chance to play on our works SE. We are delighted that he liked it (we re-tweeted his tweets on our feed HeighwayPinball!) and we hope that you will enjoy the enhanced version of the Alien machine as they ship more widely.

Looking forward, we are preparing to build and ship LEs.

alien (resized).png

#17006 2 years ago

HOLY CRAP! Some REAL news!!

#17007 2 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Looking forward, we are preparing to build and ship LEs.

Uh huh.....here we go again. Vague and little mention. Looks like next year it is.....if we're lucky. Lol what the hell do you have to "prepare" for you idiots!!!! It's stupid blade INSERTS and BACKGLASS which even on most isn't even installed because of the LCD and instead is a standard edition LCD backglass insert!!!! Which you already have!!! And you already have all the rest of the parts as you put them on the standards! Don't give me this stupid line of "preparing" to buy you guys some more time to drag this ordeal out longer and give you more excuses, just ship the darn things already!!!! Prepare....HAHAHA!!

#17008 2 years ago

Had a few games on 1.02 for the first time today. A great improvement, especially the added audio. Managed a new personal high score too (176m) having actually completed multiple modes in the same game which finally rewards a decwnt bonus haul too.

#17009 2 years ago

95a75be55b1aeccee3d779b3707127b6d838d279687c7e3b2bad5c4411688f1e (resized).jpg

#17010 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Lol what the hell do you have to "prepare" for you idiots!!!!

Long time pinball nut. Even longer time ALIEN (1979) nut. Put a deposit down on an Alien pin in Feb 2015. Paid in full at the beginning on 2017. Things were already choppy but I was hoping for the best. When things got too choppy for me, I asked for a refund. A few weeks later I got that refund. Now I look on with positive interest that they can turn the ship around and get ALIEN pins to market. I will seriously revisit a purchase sometime next year - it looks like a tremendous game. They have always been friendly, if not the greatest at communication - but they have alot going on and I imagine they employees that stuck it out are wearing many hats. I feel like that has been said a few times before, but if you are reduced to vein popping stress, anger, and unfocused name calling at the company, you should just get out and go buy something thats in-box ready to ship. Its only pinball and if you aren't having fun, you are doing it wrong. Also - it makes public forums really unpleasant for the rest of us....

#17011 2 years ago

While I'm tremendously happy to see this progress, it does kind of bother me that they STILL haven't said anything about compensation for the fiber ramps and gloss cab removal for the LE's. I get it that they're busy, but it seems like that's just a business decision that someone (i.e. someone not on the manufacturing floor) simply needs to make. It doesn't require any design, manufacture, etc. and so shouldn't take away from the other work they're doing.

I'm somewhat concerned that they're kicking the can on purpose so that, once demand is restored via widespread SE's, they're going to use that opportunity to simply tell the early LE pre-orders that they're getting nothing much in the way of compensation and also cannot downgrade to a standard at a reduced price (a "take it as is" or "get out of line" scenario). Sadly, that's maybe what I'd do if I were in their shoes and truly wanted to maximize profit.

Of course, getting any game is great at this point considering all the shit that has gone down, but it still makes a long-time LE preorder like myself feel like crap. I still want my Alien, but pulling something like that (if that's what they do), would not be a good way to keep the goodwill of the customers that have been with them the longest.

#17012 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

While I'm tremendously happy to see this progress, it does kind of bother me that they STILL haven't said anything about compensation for the fiber ramps and gloss cab removal for the LE's. I get it that they're busy, but it seems like that's just a business decision that someone (i.e. someone not on the manufacturing floor) simply needs to make. It doesn't require any design, manufacture, etc. and so shouldn't take away from the other work they're doing.
I'm somewhat concerned that they're kicking the can on purpose so that, once demand is restored via widespread SE's, they're going to use that opportunity to simply tell the early LE pre-orders that they're getting nothing much in the way of compensation and also cannot downgrade to a standard at a reduced price (a "take it as is" or "get out of line" scenario). Sadly, that's maybe what I'd do if I were in their shoes and truly wanted to maximize profit.
Of course, getting any game is great at this point considering all the shit that has gone down, but it still makes a long-time LE preorder like myself feel like crap. I still want my Alien, but pulling something like that (if that's what they do), would not be a good way to keep the goodwill of the customers that have been with them the longest.

EXACTLY!!! Exactly what I am fearing as well. All these guys that backed out or have games on the way already are in the clear (except for customer service or parts if needed lol), but us LE owners are still being dragged along in the dirt by the collar. Nothing confirmed, vague responses and updates, design changes, told cant downgrade without cost increase......we are being very poorly treated for being initial backers so I have every right to be upset and call the company names and the FOCUS of my anger for their ill handling of me with lies and broken promises and deceitful cheap tactics. If this REAL experience from real people bothers some but are no longer invested, go watch youtube videos then or go read the fake marketing ploys. This is a place to also annotate our disappointments and anger on record of companys and call them out when employing shady use of business practices so that others can see when they're researching about buying products of said company. If we sugar coat things and made it seem like a bother only, nothing would be said about our true feelings on this and it would looks like normal experiences. This is my experience, and this is far far from a normal preorder experience or business dealing, we are well beyond that after all this.

#17013 2 years ago

It's very encouraging to see the game has progressed this far, and many things have been sorted BEFORE they started shipping in quantity (which the post refers)

I take it as positive news. They will instill value in the "LE", I doubt all cards are on the table yet (lets not forget the custom armor, along w lit side blades and limited artwork for backbox and sidepanels).

#17014 2 years ago

Baby steps, everyone, gotta start some way. This is some positive news for certain.

#17015 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's very encouraging to see the game has progressed this far, and many things have been sorted BEFORE they started shipping in quantity (which the post refers)
I take it as positive news. They will instill value in the "LE", I doubt all cards are on the table yet (lets not forget the custom armor, along w lit side blades and limited artwork for backbox and sidepanels).

Hey MK6PIN. Remember me? How’s our Iron Man VE doing?
Anyway I’m taking your advice and have asked Melissa at CT to put me in for an Alien when the next shipment becomes available. I’ll be selling my MMRLE to make room.
Cheers!

#17016 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

They will instill value in the "LE", I doubt all cards are on the table yet (lets not forget the custom armor, along w lit side blades and limited artwork for backbox and sidepanels).

Since I'm setting off on an uncharacteristic bitch-fest today (what? I'm self aware ), that reminds me:

Unfortunately, the custom armor also means very little to me if it looks at all like the last few pics that were shown. The blue and green were far too matte and bright (and just plain ugly, imo), and the black appeared to not even come with black legs? If those are my only options, I'd honestly rather just get my own custom job done.

That said, art means a lot to me and i do still prefer the LE art to the standard. Hell, I'm probably the only person on here that's still a little upset about them ditching the small backbox screen option so i couldn't have both large art and a screen. Likewise, the lit blades and topper are pretty cool and would be the only LE-included upgrades I'd make for a standard.

Anyway, here's hoping they do instill some additional value and my paranoia is misplaced.

#17017 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Since I'm setting off on an uncharacteristic bitch-fest today (what? I'm self aware ), that reminds me:
Unfortunately, the custom armor also means very little to me if it looks at all like the last few pics that were shown. The blue and green were far too matte and bright (and just plain ugly, imo), and the black appeared to not even come with black legs? If those are my only options, I'd honestly rather just get my own custom job done.
That said, art means a lot to me and i do still prefer the LE art to the standard. Hell, I'm probably the only person on here that's still a little upset about them ditching the small backbox screen option so i couldn't have both large art and a screen. Likewise, the lit blades and topper are pretty cool and would be the only LE-included upgrades I'd make for a standard.
Anyway, here's hoping they do instill some additional value and my paranoia is misplaced.

HAHHAHA, It was here before you posted already lol

#17018 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Hey MK6PIN. Remember me? How’s our Iron Man VE doing?
Anyway I’m taking your advice and have asked Melissa at CT to put me in for an Alien when the next shipment becomes available. I’ll be selling my MMRLE to make room.
Cheers!

Of course crwjumper!!!....I still play that IMVE quite a bit.....especially when I have a tough day at work, and need a quick Pinball fix/ ass kicking..........

Melissa is great, and Alien is going to be the game to have, if you’re into SciFi Horror. This story could have had quite a different ending, and glad my grail theme didn’t become a casualty. They will come, they will come.....

#17019 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I hear ya...and hoping actual, better greens and blues are available ( I requested they either post a better pic, as hopefully these weren’t actually the shades)

Had to have the large backbox display, and I’ve already got 2, normal size, movie light boxes next to a couple of my pins. My translite will have a nice, lit home next to the game.

The lit side blades are an absolute must have ( saw them at expo last year), and being they haven’t actually built an LE yet, there’s no absolutes as to what they will add to the pin. They both play the same ( which everyone believes is the correct path), so there’s time for them to cook up some “ unobtanium” things for it. Getting Standards in the wild is our best chance to get a truly “ Limited” edition of the game, imho. I was ( of course) an early adopter, and the new Heighway Team reached out to me , with assurance that I would not regret staying the course. For $1500.00, no brainer for me.

Might get down once in awhile, but can assure you I’ll never be out....this machine is what Pinball needs....great initial code, Theme, some innovation, and something that is truly different to play.....

#17020 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

They will come, they will come.....

aliensmostly (resized).jpg

#17021 2 years ago

You read my mind.....gotta thumb that up!!!

#17022 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's very encouraging to see the game has progressed this far, and many things have been sorted BEFORE they started shipping in quantity.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

This story could have had quite a different ending.

correct.
very admirable of the investor group to step up with more money to both continue the project and complete it with the proper/necessary components, because here's a couple scenarios people may have missed:
1] if Andrew actually ended up paying off Sigourney Weaver [and any of the numerous other cast members who don't seem to appear among the video assets], he could have been out of business even sooner, and
2] if he had enough money to actually build games and used the originally intended parts, those games today would have been subject to:

totalrecall01 (resized).jpg

#17023 2 years ago

How could they have possibly left the tri-boobed lady off of that? Massive oversight.

#17024 2 years ago

How bout we lay off the LE bitchfest until they actually announce what is going to be included. As far as we know it will be mounted in an exact replica of the Nostromo. Seeing as the new investors group redid the computer, ramps, xeno mech, I suspect there will be some changes for the LE also. If the LE ships with the standard monitor bezel I will be highly disappointed. As an "in since day 1" guy in holding the line and think we will all be suprised.

Anyone going to Expo? It would be an opportune time to show off an LE but I'm not holding my breath.

-Jeff

#17025 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

How could they have possibly left the tri-boobed lady off of that?

at least there are human beings among the artwork.

#17026 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

How bout we lay off the LE bitchfest until they actually announce what is going to be included. As far as we know it will be mounted in an exact replica of the Nostromo. Seeing as the new investors group redid the computer, ramps, xeno mech, I suspect there will be some changes for the LE also. If the LE ships with the standard monitor bezel I will be highly disappointed. As an "in since day 1" guy in holding the line and think we will all be suprised.
Anyone going to Expo? It would be an opportune time to show off an LE but I'm not holding my breath.
-Jeff

Yep I'm going to the Chicago Expo. Got my fingers crossed.

#17027 2 years ago

Now I'm wishing there was a Total Recall pinball machine with a Kuato Lives multiball where Kuato bursts out of the playfield.

#17028 2 years ago

Nope

#17030 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Considering parting with my Alien, give me a shout if your interested!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/55062

$10k US by Christmas!

#17031 2 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

Long time pinball nut. Even longer time ALIEN (1979) nut. Put a deposit down on an Alien pin in Feb 2015. Paid in full at the beginning on 2017. Things were already choppy but I was hoping for the best. When things got too choppy for me, I asked for a refund. A few weeks later I got that refund. Now I look on with positive interest that they can turn the ship around and get ALIEN pins to market. I will seriously revisit a purchase sometime next year - it looks like a tremendous game. They have always been friendly, if not the greatest at communication - but they have alot going on and I imagine they employees that stuck it out are wearing many hats. I feel like that has been said a few times before, but if you are reduced to vein popping stress, anger, and unfocused name calling at the company, you should just get out and go buy something thats in-box ready to ship. Its only pinball and if you aren't having fun, you are doing it wrong. Also - it makes public forums really unpleasant for the rest of us....

Glad you got your refund!

I supported the company with a $1500 deposit Oct of 2014.

I've been asking for a refund since June of 2017.

Morgan hasn't responded to my latest email of a couple days ago. Why are some being refunded and others are not?

#17032 2 years ago

Smartened up, Alien is no longer for sale. I was just bitter the other day and kind of tired of the Heighway scene and lack of support for their games, but I'll stick it out game is too cool and maybe someday Ill have a fully functional game with updated code.

#17033 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Morgan hasn't responded to my latest email of a couple days ago. Why are some being refunded and others are not?

Yeah, I'm not sure. I have a deposit down and reached out to all of them, and no reply to 2 emails over a week or so. My intent is to downgrade to standard at previous price -- if they won't do that, or offer a better LE deal because of the changes, I'm out.

Personally, I think they should just kill the LEs.

#17034 2 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Yeah, I'm not sure. I have a deposit down and reached out to all of them, and no reply to 2 emails over a week or so. My intent is to downgrade to standard at previous price -- if they won't do that, or offer a better LE deal because of the changes, I'm out.
Personally, I think they should just kill the LEs.

Agreed kill the LE's. Especially given a key difference was the custom art (which is moot if you have a LCD) and the fiber optics, which is no longer available. All other features are upgradeable

Although, what would people think if they just make the other features no longer as upgrade options on the standard, but exclusive to LE (illuminated side art, rotating beacons, etc). Heighway would still need to come up with a solution for the removal of the $800 fiber optics, but would at least give some value add above standard.

#17035 2 years ago

Kill the LE, let the standard (with screen and beacon) be the LE and offer a less expensive "standard model"...

#17036 2 years ago

i-only-need-to-know-one-thing-where-they-are (resized).jpg

#17037 2 years ago

Kill the LE. Keep it simple - offer one model with big screen, side blades and beacons. Get out of the custom building model - it is for established companies. No options also means less inventory and confusion.

#17038 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Kill the LE. Keep it simple - offer one model with big screen, side blades and beacons. Get out of the custom building model - it is for established companies. No options also means less inventory and confusion.

Yes, make the standard have no backbox lcd or lit side blades or beacon. That would be a significant differentiator and value add for the LE.

#17039 2 years ago

I don't think anyone knows what's going to be in the LE. Ill wait till its officially announced

#17040 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I don't think anyone knows what's going to be in the LE. Ill wait till its officially announced

Truth, and ditto here. They are gonna pump out Standards, get some cash flow ( hopefully), and make the LE worth it. No way they abandon it, nor should they. This is their shot to right the previous wrongs, and by most accounts, are staying the course. Only 500 ( a true LE #), and will charge a premium for it. Some will see value and buy it, some won’t....whatever.

I’m kind of excited to see what they come up with.....

#17041 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Squeaky wheels get the grease. Have you been inundating them with emails and phone calls?

#17042 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Squeaky wheels get the grease. Have you been inundating them with emails and phone calls?

That should have no effect on refunds.
With any decient company one request is all that it takes.

#17043 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Only 500 ( a true LE #)

At this rate they may not make 500 Standards!

#17044 2 years ago

has anybody got tracking info yet
when shipping from jjp i can get all the info collection from jjp when it lands at the docks when its loaded then tracking via gps when on the ship customs clearance date and date when ship will dock its kind of fun seeing it travel all over

#17045 2 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

has anybody got tracking info yet
when shipping from jjp i can get all the info collection from jjp when it lands at the docks when its loaded then tracking via gps when on the ship customs clearance date and date when ship will dock its kind of fun seeing it travel all over

Yes

#17046 2 years ago

I wonder if a new one will make it to EXPO next week? Hope so for everyone attending! Its going to be close!

#17047 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

That should have no effect on refunds.
With any decient company one request is all that it takes.

Toads...are you still waiting?

#17048 2 years ago

Can you provide here? I received something from Melissa but it was just the truck pickup sheet so I didn't post it here

#17049 2 years ago

Looks like pins left UK factory 10 days ago. Dont know when boat left. So, my guess, there will not be new Aliens at expo.

#17050 2 years ago

Where? I don't see it.

FU8DBYCFZETBESZ.MEDIUM (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 25638 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 513.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside