• 25,766 posts
  • 1,010 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,045 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E9A3F438-43B6-4EE9-B7B9-059640E61E98 (resized).jpeg
E1261283-0CCC-4A02-A73D-6474FCAEB78F (resized).jpeg
oprah alien give a way (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs 5 (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs 4 (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs 3 (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs 2 (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs (resized).jpg
yx2dpyyljmoowqz60q9i (resized).jpg
Connector (resized).JPG
c679a9e13b3dcfe925b2b43c9193f017ecf95e86 (resized).jpg
4150658_0 (resized).jpg
C97DC8BA-5D2E-4817-AB8C-373D505C5068 (resized).jpeg
69E61571-288B-4C4C-96C4-827E5EAE1266 (resized).jpeg
694DD98E-C9C6-412A-8070-38DFCCA63DB5 (resized).jpeg
1C392566-F5B1-4030-87B6-1B3A92202A50 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25766 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 516.
#16951 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Hang in there.

aliensripley07 (resized).jpg

#16952 2 years ago

Status Update *****

If you read up about 100 posts you will see pics of pnball machines being boxed and loaded onto a truck, heading for port. That was three days ago. Then you will read one from Melissa from CT confirming the games are on the water. That was yesterday. She later mentions that she will be at a show (white rose) through this weekend and will be incommunicado. She added that upon her return on Mon, she plans to provide shipping details to her customers.

So chillax, in two days time you'll have your answer. ****** <return to normal programming>

#16953 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have asked CT for tracking - no info yet. From your experience how long does it take from Italy to Seattle?

4-6 weeks. Italian ships generally stop at at least 3 or 4 more ports before they cross the pond, each port stop can add a day or two, then they go through the Panama canal and stop a couple places in California on the way up. The container can also move ships. Our record is 6 countries, 3 ships. But coming from the UK straight to the East Coast is going to be way quicker and once you get the ship tracking info next week, I've found the shipping companies predictions on when the container will hit port is pretty accurate. Then there is the whole how long do you have to wait to get it, which can be a few days, or if you get custom searched, a week. That's why I say estimates should be on worst case scenarios rather then best case.

#16954 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

But coming from the UK straight to the East Coast is going to be way quicker and once you get the ship tracking info next week,

That's what happened when we shipped from the Netherlands. I followed the boat through the English Channel between France and England out into the Celtic Sea and then the North Atlantic. It made its way straight across to Halifax, Nova Scotia where it had a layover, I assume to exchange cargo, crew, and refuel. Then it headed down to a New York harbor where our machines were unloaded.

To each his own but I found it a fun process to glance at with my idle time. I even continued to peek in afterward as it bounced along our east coast, through the Panama Canal and on up to LA.

Follow it after you get the infomation. If you don't enjoy yourself I'll refund your admission ticket.

#16955 2 years ago

I paid in full for a Full Throttle LE and Alien LE last spring. Since then, no word on when I might get one or both of my games. Is anyone hearing that 'paid in full' customers are at a disadvantage to deposit customers? I'm wondering if Andrew kept the 'paid in full' payments and I'm out of luck.

#16956 2 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I paid in full for a Full Throttle LE and Alien LE last spring. Since then, no word on when I might get one or both of my games. Is anyone hearing that 'paid in full' customers are at a disadvantage to deposit customers? I'm wondering if Andrew kept the 'paid in full' payments and I'm out of luck.

Have you called/emailed them? I would call and stay on it. Ramping up production appears to be the hardest thing on the planet for new manufacturers.

#16957 2 years ago

So at this point, How many of these games have actually shipped?

#16958 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So at this point, How many of these games have actually shipped?

Only the people with the Tracking Number knows.....

#16959 2 years ago

They're shipping..we (pinsiders) can't be THAT naive..we all seen the shipping container pics, plus Tommy & Suzanne @ Nitro are now taking orders on Alien again. If they say they're on their way..then pins are on their way! Cant believe it took this faakin long tho. What a shit-show& still hope to own one someday!

#16960 2 years ago

Been waiting since June for my deposit refund... This is beyond tedious at this point. Sigh...

#16961 2 years ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

Been waiting since June for my deposit refund... This is beyond tedious at this point. Sigh...

Is IT?!

#16962 2 years ago

Oh look, someone being sarcastic on the internet!

#16963 2 years ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

Oh look, someone being sarcastic on the internet!

It's actually a Braveheart reference

#16964 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's actually a Braveheart reference

You have to say it with your lunger coughing up blood voice...... Don't worry, I totally got it

#16965 2 years ago

So no shipping number yet. Would love to track
the boat. Will follow-up with Melissa tomorrow.....

#16966 2 years ago

How did Alien play at York? Was it live and error free all weekend?

#16967 2 years ago

From what I've heard and read no issues.

#16968 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How did Alien play at York? Was it live and error free all weekend?

found 6 comments in the York show thread:

Better than I remembered. Like the animations and call outs. Only got one game on it so I don't have a deep opinion but I would really like to see the production model.

Played it at Allentown and then again yesterday... Full Throttle brings me back game after game because of the flow and the shots. Alien, as amazing as it looks and sounds, doesn't have much of either. It might all click into place after a couple dozen games but FT had me hooked by this point.

I got there shortly after 9 on Saturday and didn't have to wait long to play Alien and Total Nuclear Annihilation. TNA is the better pin of the two.

Still meh. The shots just are not fun really.

I hate to say it but I also agree I was not enjoying aliens as much as I loved dialed in and total nuclear annihilation!

I had fun playing it, multiball was very good.

#16969 2 years ago

The Alien at York was the same game Cointaker had at TPF (Chris from Cointaker told me that directly). So it isn’t the ‘new’ production version. I was only at the show Friday but I didn’t see any issues with it. But I suspect that the Xeno tongue was deactivated since there were issues with that version.

Even though it’s the ‘old’ version, I thought it played great. My friends played better on it than I did but I really liked it. I wish it were in a better setting to hear it as I think the audio is key for this title.

I’m looking forward to play it some more (I believe my local place is getting one).

#16970 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

TNA is the better pin of the two.

#16971 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

TNA is the better pin of the two.

Not sure why this is funny. Green Hornet is a tool with an agenda no doubt, with his secret dissertation on fatal flaws and all, but that's another topic all together.

I've been wanting an Alien, but I'm 100x more excited to get TNA than I am about Alien (I payed for one and not yet the other). I've played Alien a bunch of times and I haven't convinced myself it's fun yet. I keep telling myself once I get into the rules I'll like it better, but that's still speculation. TNA...my wife and I knew after one game (on the whitewood no less) that we had to own it. There's no questioning that game is fun. That's not necessarily a knock on Alien, but sometimes a game is more than the sum of its parts (TNA: single-level, meh art, no toys, etc - but fun as hell) and other games seem to be less than the sum of theirs (Alien: great theme, pretty cool art, PACKED unique playfield layout, great sound work - but sometimes is a clunk-fest and I'm not sure if it's fun).

Gonna make the trek to expo specifically to play some more Alien, but my gut feeling is that if I left expo with a Heighway game, it would be Full Throttle and not Alien (and I'm not into motorcycles any more than I am into retro 80s nuclear generators).

#16972 2 years ago

I played Alien again at York and wondering if the ball launcher has been tweaked on the production models? That ball launch mech is loud, clanky, clumsy and just not a fun start to a game.

#16973 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Not sure why this is funny.

Its funny because while I think TNA looks like a fun pin I don't think its better than Alien just different, its the comparing and passing judgment crap that makes me laugh, I'm not a DI fan but same thing with the idiots comparing it to SW and claiming its a better game when its impossible to compare the 2, they are so different in style and gameplay, I prefer SW but I wouldn't state its a better game. I was very excited to get my Alien LE but after 3 years and all the bullshit I had to pull out for now, still not convinced but happy to wait a year and if they are being made with no problems I will grab a SE for sure.

#16974 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

found 6 comments in the York show thread:
Better than I remembered. Like the animations and call outs. Only got one game on it so I don't have a deep opinion but I would really like to see the production model.
Played it at Allentown and then again yesterday... Full Throttle brings me back game after game because of the flow and the shots. Alien, as amazing as it looks and sounds, doesn't have much of either. It might all click into place after a couple dozen games but FT had me hooked by this point.
I got there shortly after 9 on Saturday and didn't have to wait long to play Alien and Total Nuclear Annihilation. TNA is the better pin of the two.
Still meh. The shots just are not fun really.
I hate to say it but I also agree I was not enjoying aliens as much as I loved dialed in and total nuclear annihilation!
I had fun playing it, multiball was very good.

The reviews for this sound mixed. It sounds like a very polarizing game, I wonder why? greenhornet any insights?

#16975 2 years ago

I played it 3 times at York, but I sucked so bad that I couldn't form an opinion on it.

#16976 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The reviews for this sound mixed. It sounds like a very polarizing game, I wonder why? greenhornet any insights?

If you read back in the thread, greenhornet went on and on about some fatal flaw in the game that they would tell us all about soon, then when people pushed back, they eventually went away... only to come back now and post this stuff. Clearly they have an ulterior motive against Alien with their multi-pronged approach to talking down the game. The question is why?

#16977 2 years ago

None of this matters if you play the game and like it, then decide. If I had listened to the vocal on pinside I would have never bought and enjoyed XMEN years ago. Its still in my lineup and will never leave.

Quoted from nwpinball:

If you read back in the thread, greenhornet went on and on about some fatal flaw in the game that they would tell us all about soon, then when people pushed back, they eventually went away... only to come back now and post this stuff. Clearly they have an ulterior motive against Alien with their multi-pronged approach to talking down the game. The question is why?

#16978 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I played Alien again at York and wondering if the ball launcher has been tweaked on the production models? That ball launch mech is loud, clanky, clumsy and just not a fun start to a game.

Really? The ball launch was loud? Huh. Tell me more....

#16979 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Green Hornet is a tool with an agenda no doubt, with his secret dissertation on fatal flaws and all, but that's another topic all together.

funny part is i went though the whole game last week and checked all sorts of audits. there is no fatal flaw in the shots of the game. I was actually amazed how evenly used many features appear to be. Lots of failed modes but I understand that has been refined in current code (and of course with 100% working lights it is easiesr to know what to shoot for).

#16980 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

None of this matters if you play the game and like it, then decide. If I had listened to the vocal on pinside I would have never bought and enjoyed XMEN years ago.

Agreed, and this logic also applies to the cheerleaders.

#16981 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Agreed, and this logic also applies to the cheerleaders.

yup, best case is to always play and then buy what YOU like!

calling them cheerleaders does sound hot though.

#16982 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Not sure why this is funny. Green Hornet is a tool with an agenda no doubt, with his secret dissertation on fatal flaws and all, but that's another topic all together.

you are reacting to greenhornet P-O-O-R-L-Y.
the comment pulled from his post -'TNA is the better game of the two' - was quoted out of context. it was not his personal opinion. it was someone else's - one of six comments made by other people who played Alien at the York show. In addition, he has never said Alien has 'fatal flaws'. that is Hilton talking. he has represented, but not yet presented, that the game has some poor design elements that affect is gameplay/playability.

Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm 100x more excited to get TNA than I am about Alien

would like a critical review on TNA?
i'm sure he's working on that as well.

#16983 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Really? The ball launch was loud? Huh. Tell me more....

It's a crappy, cheap feeling mech that makes the ball rattle like a spray paint can. Bottom line. Just asking if that is something that was tweaked in production.

#16984 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

you are reacting to greenhornet P-O-O-R-L-Y.
the comment pulled from his post -'TNA is the better game of the two' - was quoted out of context. it was not his personal opinion. it was someone else's - one of six comments made by other people who played Alien at the York show. In addition, he has never said Alien has 'fatal flaws'. that is Hilton talking. he has represented, but not yet presented, that the game has some poor design elements that affect is gameplay/playability.

would like a critical review on TNA?
i'm sure he's working on that as well.

are you talking about yourself in the 3rd person now...

#16985 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It's a crappy, cheap feeling mech that makes the ball rattle like a spray paint can. Bottom line. Just asking if that is something that was tweaked in production.

Great info! Thanks!

#16986 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think he is! Lol! This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode, "Jimmy thinks he is right....".

#16987 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He meant to post that on his alternate account, obviously. Imagine caring so much about pinball collectors' opinions that you have to sign up for alternate accounts to shill an opinion several times over.

#16988 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

He meant to post that on his alternate account, obviously. Imagine caring so much about pinball collectors' opinions that you have to sign up for alternate accounts to shill an opinion several times over.

you are so right! too damn funny.

Alright Green Hornet... who is your normal account?

#16989 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

He meant to post that on his alternate account, obviously

Wow that's weird and sort of sad

#16990 2 years ago

Hilton, i don't mind seeing you on the record with these positions.

Quoted from Whysnow:

funny part is i went though the whole game last week and checked all sorts of audits. there is no fatal flaw in the shots of the game. I was actually amazed how evenly used many features appear to be.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I too value how a game shoots and playfield design highest of all... Alien is quite possibly one of the best laid out playfields of all time and definitely of recent history.

Quoted from Whysnow:

If anything the physical design, layout, and mechs have proven to be a highlight combined with the code.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Reality is that the physical design of the game is VERY solid and the code compliments it VERY well. Despite me not caring much for the theme, the game is a shooter dream. Many people have a tough time at first adjusting to the shots but once you fine them, the game is butter smooth and just plain F U N to shoot. Dave did a great job with the overall layout and geometry and Joe did a great job (along with the rest of the code team) to tie it all together.

Quoted from Whysnow:

The geometry on Heighway games is 2 for 2 so far as the best flowing games ever built.

Quoted from Whysnow:

There is really ONLY one audit that matters and that is the fun factor.

for reference, here's an example of what its like to 'eat crow'.

paul16.gif

every time you attribute your 'fatal flaw' reference to me, i'm just keep reminding people that i never said that, and that you like putting words in other people's mouths.

#16991 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Hilton, i don't mind seeing you on the record with these positions.

for reference, here's an example of what its like to 'eat crow'.

every time you attribute your 'fatal flaw' reference to me, i'm just keep reminding people that i never said that, and that you like putting words in other people's mouths.

let's hear what is your duplicate account first... Then we can talk about eating crow, lol.

#16992 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

let's hear what is your duplicate account first... Then we can talk about eating crow, lol.

Yes, greenhornet what's your alternate account?

Also, if greenhornet was planning on posting his dissertation on Alien from his alternate account, that suggests to me that it wasn't a genuine assessment, and more likely to be a trolling attempt.

#16993 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Alright Green Hornet... who is your normal account?

Britt Reid

brittreid.png

#16994 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

whether intentional or not, if someone happens to quote one of my posts which makes a comment made by somebody else appear attributable to me, then it's only apropos that i explain it away in third person. And at the same time you guys get a chance to brush up on your French.

Added over 2 years ago:

#16995 2 years ago

30 new posts. Thought it'd be something big. Nope.

#16996 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I was just about to say. I hate when this thread derails into just nonsense. On my end, no tracking from CT yet. FYI.

#16997 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Quoted from delt31:

I was just about to say. I hate when this thread derails into just nonsense. On my end, no tracking from CT yet. FYI.

Don't want to add to the problem...

#16998 2 years ago

Pinside staff comment:

We have looked into the matter and do not see anything that leads us to believe greenhornet is a duplicate, in fact, our investigation leads us to believe he is not a duplicate. His posting style likewise does not emulate any usual duplicate account suspect.

If anyone has hard data to show or suggest (other than the third person comment above) he's a duplicate please give it to us in a private MF thread, otherwise we view the matter as closed and instruct everyone to go back on topic.

Thank you all for your attention.

#16999 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Pinside staff comment:
We have looked into the matter and do not see anything that leads us to believe greenhornet is a duplicate, in fact, our investigation leads us to believe he is not a duplicate. His posting style likewise does not emulate any usual duplicate account suspect.
If anyone has hard data to show or suggest (other than the third person comment above) he's a duplicate please give it to us in a private MF thread, otherwise we view the matter as closed and instruct everyone to go back on topic.
Thank you all for your attention.

Yes sir! Now everybody drop down and give me 20.

#17000 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Yes sir! Now everybody drop down and give me 20.

Or some could apologize for false accusations, truth distortion and sending moderators on a witch hunt. All while being smug about it.

Don't expect much, Greenhornet. I'm still waiting on mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 50.00
10,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Helsinki
$ 89.99
There are 25766 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 516.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside