• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 494.
#1651 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Do we know if The game will RGB LEDs?

Aurich knows the system in detail, but from what I understand it's a Very complex system with Millions of color options! I can't wait to see it!

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Do we know if The game will RGB LEDs?

Oh yes:

Quoted from Aurich:

We have a playfield where every single light both on top of and below it is a fully addressable RGB light (plus if you upgrade or have the LE there's fiberoptic ramp lighting, same color changing abilities). There's a high rez LCD screen right in the middle of that.

#1653 3 years ago

That's awsome! I just joined the club very excited. I know it will be a while but I'm looking forward to what is in store.

#1654 3 years ago

can't wait to see something "REAL" on this game soon. Theme is incredible and the time is right for a company that's not STERN or JJP to enter the fold and deliver a special pin. This is the make or break game for Heighway so it's got to be amazing.

#1655 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

can't wait to see something "REAL" on this game soon. Theme is incredible and the time is right for a company that's not STERN or JJP to enter the fold and deliver a special pin. This is the make or brake game for Heighway so it's got to be amazing.

it's "break", troll

#1656 3 years ago

Not sure how kaneda's comment was trolly. I totally agree with the market assessment and anticipation of the realisation of this awesome theme. I don't quite agree that it is "make or break", but it is a key opportunity that could be huge for them if it hits the right marks.

#1657 3 years ago

I have a feeling that having the ability to make a lot of things in house will help Heighway succeed in a unpredictable vendor based type of business.

#1658 3 years ago

I just ordered the anthology 4 blue ray box set on Amazon. It's on a super sale only $34 wow. Free shipping with prime!

#1659 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

That's awsome! I just joined the club very excited. I know it will be a while but I'm looking forward to what is in store.

Congrats!!!....welcome......

#1660 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I just ordered the anthology 4 blue ray box set on Amazon. It's on a super sale only $34 wow. Free shipping with prime!

Thanks for the heads up!!!

#1661 3 years ago

I'd buy it if I didn't already own it.

Chilling with family in Brooklyn, but I got some Alien work done on the train yesterday.

#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I believe there are 2 versions of it. One with 4 discs that also include extended versions. And one with 6 discs. 4 for the movies and 2 for all the extra stuff. So if you are in for all the extras you will need to buy the 6 disc version.

#1663 3 years ago

Wasn't trolling at all. Just saying I can't wait to see something more than sketches on this bad boy. Pin might not be make or break for Heighway but it sure would help solidify them as a major player if it's a hit. What's impressed me the most about Heighway is their production chops. What's awesome is we KNOW we are going to get Alien. Just that fact alone is impressive considering what other pinball companies have pulled.

#1664 3 years ago

I agree 100%. Full Throttle while a nice game isn't a theme thats really popular over here and Aliens is the pin the will put Heighway on the map.

#1665 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd buy it if I didn't already own it.
Chilling with family in Brooklyn, but I got some Alien work done on the train yesterday.

Pics or it didn't happen.

#1666 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Clearly we have learnt some lessons about the licensing process. So what does this mean for the timeline of this game? Everyone involved with this game is in agreement that we are going to target the UK Pinball Party, on 21st-23rd August 2015 (at Heighway Pinball’s factory in Merthyr Tydfil, UK) as the global launch of this game.

#1667 3 years ago

21st-23rd August 2015 (at Heighway Pinball’s factory in Merthyr Tydfil, UK) as the global launch of this game.

The clock is ticking .......

Looking forward to seeing something.

#1668 3 years ago

I just watched Alians 1 last night for the first time in 15 years. Great movie for the age of it. Tons of detail in the back round props. Very cool.

#1669 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I just watched Alians 1 last night for the first time in 15 years. Great movie for the age of it. Tons of detail in the back round props. Very cool.

Giger stuff is out of hand in the first alien.
I hope theres lots of it in the game.

#1670 3 years ago

As the UK Pinball Party is fast approaching this weekend, we wanted to give an update.

This will not be the global launch for Alien Pinball as the game is not ready yet. Up till last week, we were hoping to show a flipping whitewood - but suppliers have let us down and the whitewood won't be ready now until next week.

However, we are still looking to reveal some aspects of the game this weekend. Whether these are public reveals, or 'closed room' reveals, will be made clearer either just before, or at, the event and are dependent on our licensor's wishes.

We apologise if this disappoints some people - the game's development is moving forwards very nicely, but we are still restricted as to what we can/can't show by our licensor and we must respect their wishes. Delays in approvals causes delays in development.

Realistically, we are targeting UK and USA events in October as launch events.

#1671 3 years ago

Andy, obviously the USA event in October would be Pinball Expo, which UK event in October would you be looking at?

Thanks

#1672 3 years ago

NLP?

Quoted from windoesnot:

Andy, obviously the USA event in October would be Pinball Expo, which UK event in October would you be looking at?
Thanks

#1673 3 years ago

As the UK Pinball Party is fast approaching this weekend, we wanted to give an update.
This will not be the global launch for Alien Pinball as the game is not ready yet. Up till last week, we were hoping to show a flipping whitewood - but suppliers have let us down and the whitewood won't be ready now until next week.
However, we are still looking to reveal some aspects of the game this weekend. Whether these are public reveals, or 'closed room' reveals, will be made clearer either just before, or at, the event and are dependent on our licensor's wishes.
We apologise if this disappoints some people - the game's development is moving forwards very nicely, but we are still restricted as to what we can/can't show by our licensor and we must respect their wishes. Delays in approvals causes delays in development.

Understandable Andrew, things take time.
Looking forward to when you guys can reveal details
Cherrs Fitzy.

#1674 3 years ago

Am I surprised, not at all, fully expected it.

Disappointed, yes. I got in after Expo.

"Suppliers have let us down". If you aren't Stern its just a fact of pinball life.

After the Jpop "disappointment" I have gone through, this is relatively minor, and I've come to expect it.

#1675 3 years ago

Am going to the party at the weekend, oh well nevermind. Still looking forward to seeing the factory though and anything else revealed about Alien is a bonus.

#1676 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Am going to the party at the weekend, oh well nevermind. Still looking forward to seeing the factory though and anything else revealed about Alien is a bonus.

Photos and videos are more than welcome here

#1677 3 years ago

You're killing me, smalls.

#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

You're killing me, smalls.

the-sandlot-20th-anniversary-1157_rgb.jpg

#1679 3 years ago

Appreciate the communication, Andrew....I only speak for myself in saying ( as I have in the past) I'd prefer the game to be as awesome as possible, opposed to meeting aggressive timelines....you have continued to prove you actually MAKE games, listen to input, and seem to improve each version ( using Full Throttle reports as a guideline here). This can only be viewed as a positive in Alienland....

Knock it out of the park, honor the fiscal end, and all is good...thanks again....mark

#1680 3 years ago

Hey Aurich, how's that LE art coming?

#1681 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Hey Aurich, how's that LE art coming?

Still traveling. Just got back to hotel, got meetings for the next couple days then I finally fly home. Have plenty of art things to settle into when I get back from this trip.

#1682 3 years ago

lisaturtleart.jpg

#1683 3 years ago

Andy did a closed room reveal yesterday at the UK Pinball Party. No pictures allowed.

Was a real 'wow' moment, seeing the cabinet for the first time. Artwork on side panels and translight is just beautiful. Of course, the side panels on Heighway pins are also back lit, and this works to tremendous effect with the crisp starfield background.

Rotating beacons on the topper were present, and the effect is just chilling. Perfectly captures the effects during the end of Aliens and can imagine them adding greatly to the atmosphere during play

Andy showed us some of the custom moulds too. A translucent egg, painted, and then under lit with four addressable RGB LEDs. This allows effects to be shown, such as a creature moving within the egg. Have to admit i was sceptical when i first heard this at Pinburgh, but having now seen the effect i must confess it is very effective.

Custom mould of the alien queen is also to a very high standard, and fans on the films will not be disappointed. These aren't cheap toy models that other manufacturers might use.

Finally, some footage of the development game modes, demonstrated using virtual pin. Andy did warn that a lot of this was still in progress and liable to change. We saw that the start of the game allows selection of either Alien, or Aliens game modes. The Alien modes includes things such as ' rescue Jonesy', crawling through the tunnels and what looked like some timed modes, such as the self destruct sequence. Was impressed at just how closely these managed to capture the mood and atmosphere of the films.

This was a seriously impressive reveal. Very excited to see what comes next!

#1684 3 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

Andy did a closed room reveal yesterday at the UK Pinball Party. No pictures allowed.

Thanks for sharing !
Wish I was there...

From what I could read elsewhere the "Wow factor" for those who entered the Room of Secrets was strong. Game is going to be a hit!

Andrew: Any chance it could be ready for Festi flip? (end of October)

#1685 3 years ago

Sure was a Wow factor!

There's a full report of yesterday's briefing and more about the new Alien machine here:

http://pavlovpinball.com/alien-pinball-lastest-news/

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

"Uninspiring yellow domes" ??

I think Pavlov meant when off and even stated that. Probably looks like a piece of industrial equipment.

#1688 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

"Uninspiring yellow domes" ??

I don't believe that for a second...video was posted on those earlier and they looked great...sounds like the reveal was a success, and can't wait to see this thing!!! ( Matt doing the toys?!!!! how good is that!!!)

#1689 3 years ago

What I meant was that rather than being an alien or some alien-art inspired topper, what we saw appeared to be just two bog-standard revolving light domes - much like what you might see on a tow truck or similar. But fancy toppers aren't always that great, while those sort of domes (like on F14 or LW3 etc etc) almost always enhance the game if they are switched on in certain modes in the game.

#1690 3 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

What I meant was that rather than being an alien or some alien-art inspired topper, what we saw appeared to be just two bog-standard revolving light domes - much like what you might see on a tow truck or similar. But fancy toppers aren't always that great, while those sort of domes (like on F14 or LW3 etc etc) almost always enhance the game if they are switched on in certain modes in the game.

That's alright then...

#1691 3 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

Artwork on side panels and translight is just beautiful. Of course, the side panels on Heighway pins are also back lit, and this works to tremendous effect with the crisp starfield background.

What was in the foreground?

An egg?
The Nostromo?
Jonsey?

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

Sure was a Wow factor!
There's a full report of yesterday's briefing and more about the new Alien machine here:
http://pavlovpinball.com/alien-pinball-lastest-news/

Great read! Thsnks for posting.

#1693 3 years ago

Imagine Nostromo artwork. Yikes, 3/4 of the Playfield. Lol.

I think the takeaway from this article is that Aliens ( Alians) per approved art looks kickass.

#1694 3 years ago

Translight was mainly egg, framed with Geigeresque art, all in green hue. Translight and side panels both had the classic ALIEN logo.

This was, I understand, the standard model artwork. I got the impression LE buyers got an additional alternate art package.. But wait for official word from Andy on that. Maybe I misunderstood, seems exceptionally generous if true!

#1695 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I think the takeaway from this article is that Aliens ( Alians) per approved art looks kickass.

That, and this:

"With four LEDs glowing green and changing in intensity and one glowing black it can look like a baby alien (facehugger) is moving around in there. Other colour settings may be used to make the eggs look like they’re burning."

Imagine those little facehuggers happily swimming about in their green lit egg pods when your shots to the pops blows each of them up on cue and leaves each one a burning mess. I can hear the sound of the flame thrower, the subtle popping of each egg through the subwoofer, and imagine the red on yellow flaming aftermath already... MUAHAHAHA

You know what happens next.gif

#1696 3 years ago

Well, I emailed Andrew on getting my #125 in chrome trim.

#1697 3 years ago

Yes, different art for LE.

Side panels so good, going to want to leave some space around the game

Chrome trim good but would go for black myself - just goes with the theme/stars/space/alien etc.

Wasn't previously interested in Alien but really liked what I saw.

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, I emailed Andrew on getting my #125 in chrome trim.

Am I the only one that really wants the Lime Green Powder coated look? That's a huge part of the reason I want the LE! It sets the Heighway Pin System apart from what the industry has been producing for so many years. Sure it may clash with the other "lesser" pins in a home owners collection - but that's kind of the point, in my opinion.

It's unique and special and to those in the know, instantly recognizable as such. I wouldn't poo poo the bright colors of the Alien LE cabinet with a different playfield in it on location. I would think that would draw more people to it then other pins around it. Yes?

Even if for some impossible reason I put a different Heighway title in the Alien LE cabinet, it's just sitting there in my down stairs play room, not like I'm going to be embarrassed when people come over and see it or anything.

#1699 3 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

Translight was mainly egg, framed with Geigeresque art, all in green hue.

I like the sound of that, I'm really hoping for very little in the way of actors form the films on the playfield and cab, keep it creepy, thats the ticket.

Alien_20Colonial20Marines20Concept20artwork20Queen20Lair.jpg

alien4-6-03-09ah.jpg

alien_queen_by_ashasylum.jpg

#1700 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Am I the only one that really wants the Lime Green Powder coated look?

Nope.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 279.95
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside