• 25,535 posts
  • 1,000 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,007 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ALIEN (resized).PNG
DSCN7187 (resized).JPG
DSCN7186 (resized).JPG
DSCN7185 (resized).JPG
DSCN7184 (resized).JPG
DSCN7178 (resized).JPG
DSCN7176 (resized).JPG
DSCN7037 (resized).JPG
DSCN7036 (resized).JPG
DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
DSCN7030 (resized).JPG
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
Elm-HCG-Alien-Queen-2018-8-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_2646 (resized).jpg
IMG_2645 (resized).jpg
F6EDF501-8119-424A-B55D-1BA15F1CA890 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25535 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 511.
#16901 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so you know that standards are usually made and shipped first

That may be true but given Heighway's present situation, it's just poor form in my opinion. It should have been suffering, loyal customers first.

Quoted from legionsoup:

This isn't new, but she said they have a shipment currently on a boat,

Even from the docks you should now have a tracking number with GPS so you can follow the ship along its entire journey. Check in as often as you like and it will look like the attached picture. Your boat will be individually identified so you can pick it out of a seemly global mess. See "Seoul Express" in red box for example.
Have you guys gotten that tracking number and website yet?

6840784bffa049a79e39c75a4ef91cf3f1ef787d (resized).jpg

#16902 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Id like to know this also. I'm in the same boat as well.
I thought if you were paid in full, you would game quicker. Not sure the point of taking on all this exposure if you can put down a deposit and get a game 2 weeks later. What is cointaker thinking? Aren't their people out there that have had deposits down for years? I will call cointaker tomorrow and find out unless someone knows the answer to this already.

Don't LEs always ship after SEs with all pinball manufacturers? I thought this was a common practice with Stern and JJP as well. I assumed the point of taking on the exposure for LE buyers is getting a limited edition game with a limited production run, thinking it will have more value than the standard editions because of a limited artwork package and/or toys.

#16903 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That may be true but given Heighway's present situation, it's just poor form in my opinion. It should have been suffering, loyal customers first.

Even from the docks you should now have a tracking number with GPS so you can follow the ship along its entire journey. Check in as often as you like and it will look like the attached picture. Your boat will be individually identified so you can pick it out of a seemly global mess. See "Seoul Express" in red box for example.
Have you guys gotten that tracking number and website yet?

Yes they should have been given a tracking number and ship name no later than when games leave the dock. If I recall correctly, many people used vessel finder when the honorable Captain Joseph Hazelwood piloted a shipment of TBL's aboard the Delphinus from Netherlands into NYC port.

#16904 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

the honorable Captain Joseph Hazelwood

LMAO. Thats some scary memory you have there, Jeff.

#16905 2 years ago

Yes they should have been given a tracking number and ship name no later than when games leave the dock. If I recall correctly, many people used vessel finder when the honorable Captain Joseph Hazelwood piloted a shipment of TBL's aboard the Delphinus from Netherlands into NYC port.

I've asked as CT said they would have it once shipped. When I receive it, I can share with group. Would like to track so I know when to pick up (as I'm going right to CT - cut the shipping out of it)....

#16906 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've asked as CT said they would have it once shipped. When I receive it, I can share with group. Would like to track so I know when to pick up (as I'm going right to CT - cut the shipping out of it)....

The GPS monitoring is pretty cool and I was anxious to receive my machine while following it on Vessel Finder.

Pro tip: Refreshing the page every five minutes to gage progress from the stratosphere angle can be frustrating.

#16907 2 years ago

It was fun trying to find web cams along the route facing the shipping channels to find the ship once it got to USA.. ah, those were good times.

#16908 2 years ago

I don't get the desire to follow a ship. Am I missing something?

#16909 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Don't LEs always ship after SEs with all pinball manufacturers? I thought this was a common practice with Stern and JJP as well. I assumed the point of taking on the exposure for LE buyers is getting a limited edition game with a limited production run, thinking it will have more value than the standard editions because of a limited artwork package and/or toys.

Not really... Stern used to produce LEs early. Typically they would build some standards to ship to dealers and overseas... then build LEs. Now a days, the LEs have come later.

People used to complain that the LE owners would get the worst games, while the premiums would get the games that had the bugs worked out. (Example: AC/DC cloudy insert... Ghostbusters slimer.. etc)

JJP built WoZ emmerald edition first...(because that is what was sold first) and built DI LEs first. Only the Collector Edition came last for DI.

Truth is... there is no hard and fast behavior here... just what their thought process was. The only thing consistent in recent years is Stern likes to get a head start on games shipping to EMER due to the transit time and they always seem to finish the Pro design first and get at least a batch of those complete.

#16910 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's just a way to track an item. Same as tracking a box from the mail or UPS.

#16911 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Don't LEs always ship after SEs with all pinball manufacturers?

Seems like it. AFMr is doing that...Stern does as well I think.

People should be pleased that games are shipping period at this point. I get wanting your LE, but with the tenuous condition the company was in this is good in general.

There's enough shit to be worried about in the world without adding an LE vs SE controversy to your docket.

#16912 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I get wanting your LE, but with the tenuous condition the company was in this is good in general.

"Was" in.
Until they pay back people, there still in.

#16913 2 years ago

Code 1.2 gameplay:

#16914 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

"Was" in.
Until they pay back people, there still in.

picking nits...it could've been much worse than a few outliers waiting for a refund. Everybody could've lost their cash and they could've folded. As it is, they are slowly chugging up the hill rather than careening off the tracks. Smiles everyone. You have your health.

#16915 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wonder what percentage of the population might say, "I don't get the desire to follow pinball".

#16916 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I wonder what percentage of the population might say, "I don't get the desire to follow pinball".

Oh, trust me....It's BIG!

#16917 2 years ago

Never understood this desire from LE buyers to get the first games. I want a game built a little bit near the end of the run, made on a Tuesday. They've worked out all the bugs.

#16918 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Never understood this desire from LE buyers to get the first games. I want a game built a little bit near the end of the run, made on a Tuesday. They've worked out all the bugs.

Exactly!

#16919 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I can only speak for this games LE version and why we want them yesterday. Because they are the same DAMN THING as a standard! and they wont let us downgrade to a standard at this point without being charged the new pricing for a standard (Morgans words). Everything is there besides the stupid art and number plaque....and whatever the stupid goody bag is. Why the hell are we waiting 3 more months than standards for these stupid things? We should be getting them now!

#16920 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Why the hell are we waiting 3 more months than standards for these stupid things? We should be getting them now!

Ask Hilton what it's like getting the first game...

#16921 2 years ago

Having been away working up in Alaska for a few months, can anyone fill me in on the current status of Heighway without having to wade through 500 posts?

Thanks.

#16922 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Ask Hilton what it's like getting the first game...

Not asking for a first game.....but now that these are shipping out in containers of 21 or more a month.....LE's should be included next container! They have everything to make them at this point! send me the stupid LE number and side-blades later if that is all thats holding them up. I get the feeling from Heighway that us early LE pre-orders are a sore thumb to them and are just draining them financial wise and are just an after thought at this point as we got all the bells and whistles at a price these new guys cant make work. So they started cutting features to save cash until we started calling them out for what we would be compensated for, Cointaker said Heighway just threw out recently that if it is cash..it would only be $500-$600ish and not the $850 they charged. So now we early LE adopters are still on the back burner with things not confirmed and possible future features not being implemented that would otherwise separate it from a standard and make it a true LE. They still have us on the leash here with lots unconfirmed and noway out besides a refund which is what they are hoping for so they dont have to honor the cheaper price. We cant downgrade to a standard without paying a higher price plus the higher price of all add-ons that are included in a LE. And we are at their mercy with what they are removing next or changing, the longer they keep the games, the more at risk we are to loosing more features. You standard guys are getting your games now so you can breath some fresh air....us LE guys arent out of the woods yet with Heighway looking to stop the cash bleeding, our stuff is on the chopping block for atleast 3 more months....maybe even more until they feel they have exhausted all other ways of selling them at higher prices.

#16923 2 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Having been away working up in Alaska for a few months, can anyone fill me in on the current status of Heighway without having to wade through 500 posts?
Thanks.

They have resumed operations with new management team and have manufactured a shipment of 21 standard pins that will soon be sent to cointaker and nitro. Another 21 or so pins are likely ready and will be sent to other distributors. Then they are continuing production of standards and with a little more speed. It will take some more weeks before the LE features are final and announced. Following that LE's are planned to begin to hit the line early Dec.

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

#16924 2 years ago

They have resumed operations with new management team and have manufactured a shipment of 21 standard pins that will soon be sent to cointaker and nitro. Another 21 or so pins are likely ready and will be sent to other distributors. Then they are continuing production of standards and with a little more speed. It will take some more weeks before the LE features are final and announced. Following that LE's are planned to begin to hit the line early Dec.

Probably not the best photos to post on the subject. "The Monster" did not work very well.

#16925 2 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

Code 1.2 gameplay: » YouTube video

man, what an improvement!!!!

Looking really solid!

Hey Heighway.... When is our replacement arriving?

#16926 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Probably not the best photos to post on the subject. "The Monster" did not work very well.

funny, good point....

Dr. Frankenstein: Are you saying... [Stands] that I put an abnormal brain... [Puts hand on Igor's hump] into a 7 and a half foot long... 54- inch wide... [Grabs Igor by throat] GORILLA?!?!?! [Strangling Igor] IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME!?!

#16927 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I want the LE, and don't care (obviously) a bit longer to get it. Somewhere mid line is fine by me, when the majority of bugs are gone, and updates applied. Planning on keeping this damn thing (hopefully), so I'm with you....

#16928 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

titanic03 (resized).jpg

#16929 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Well, being #17 panned out pretty well for me on TBL. With these boutiques, the front of the line is safer than the back. Agree with you if were talking established companies

#16930 2 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Well, being #17 panned out pretty well for me on TBL. With these boutiques, the front of the line is safer than the back. Agree with you if were talking established companies

That's been my point from the beginning. This is not a regular situation where there isn't any speculation as to whether or not you will be getting your game. There is no guarantee that HP will be around in December or whenever to get their LEs. I thought it would be smart by HP to make sure the people that have waited (suffered) the longest should get their game first.
By the way, that would not be me. Just thinking about the other guys here.

#16931 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

That's been my point from the beginning. This is not a regular situation where there isn't any speculation as to whether or not you will be getting your game. There is no guarantee that HP will be around in December or whenever to get their LEs. I thought it would be smart by HP to make sure the people that have waited (suffered) the longest should get their game first.
By the way, that would not be me. Just thinking about the other guys here.

And valid points, for sure. There is no doubt in my mind that the reason they are cranking Standards is it's " new money", mostly, which they are counting on filling the bank a bit. A fair amount of us early adopters out there, with only $1500 deposit, and waiting for solid proof of build before sending our balance. It's gotta add up to reasonable funds, but probably can't match the " new HW" excitement for the Standard at a reasonable price.

As an early adopter, we can only hope they are right. It doesn't seem unreasonable to build several LE's with the mix, as everyone goes on and on how they are identical games, w cosmetic differences. Shouldn't be that difficult.

Let's hope they show up at expo with strong versions of both. I'm rethinking my attendance, as I question if this happens.

Refunds pretty much cleaned up. Now it's time for those who have funded the " new interest buyers" and stuck it out to start getting their machines, which we were promised YEARS ago. Just not right....

#16932 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And valid points, for sure. There is no doubt in my mind that the reason they are cranking Standards is it's " new money", mostly, which they are counting on filling the bank a bit. A fair amount of us early adopters out there, with only $1500 deposit, and waiting for solid proof of build before sending our balance. It's gotta add up to reasonable funds, but probably can't match the " new HW" excitement for the Standard at a reasonable price.
As an early adopter, we can only hope they are right. It doesn't seem unreasonable to build several LE's with the mix, as everyone goes on and on how they are identical games, w cosmetic differences. Shouldn't be that difficult.
Let's hope they show up at expo with strong versions of both. I'm rethinking my attendance, as I question if this happens.
Refunds pretty much cleaned up. Now it's time for those who have funded the " new interest buyers" and stuck it out to start getting their machines, which we were promised YEARS ago. Just not right....

Mark, hang in there buddy. Your comments have been so positive for the past 8 months while I've been worried, etc. You and a couple others on here have kept me (and others) interested in the game - which I'm now positive will turn out in our favor. I can feel your frustration now and wanted to encourage you as you have done for me so many times. I believe your Christmas present will happen. Mine too!

#16933 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Mark, hang in there buddy. Your comments have been so positive for the past 8 months while I've been worried, etc. You and a couple others on here have kept me (and others) interested in the game - which I'm now positive will turn out in our favor. I can feel your frustration now and wanted to encourage you as you have done for me so many times. I believe your Christmas present will happen. Mine too!

I agree. Hang in there. This is going to be such an amazing game to have. Sucks Andrew couldn't go all the way because this is going to be a hell of a game. Can't wait to play it. Heck Full Throttle is blast to play right now!

#16934 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Agreed, and apologize that I've not been able to keep some of my frustrations in check the past little bit. This is going to be an amazing pin (my Grail), and the journey has been a long one for many of us. I'm quite confident the wait is going to be ultimately worth it, and I'm not going anywhere...this machine WILL be the one to own!!!.....thanks for the kind words....mark

#16935 2 years ago

I may be interested in picking up an Alien some day.
I see people wondering about future parts issues with games like the Remakes/TNA... Are people having the same thoughts about Heighway? What's their plan for available parts/future games? I haven't been following too closely but I know there was a shakeup in the company. What does everyone think the future may hold for them?

#16936 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What's their plan for available parts/future games? I haven't been following too closely but I know there was a shakeup in the company. What does everyone think the future may hold for them?

Personally I'd say right now the chances of a 3rd Heighway game is looking decidedly shaky. Hope I'm wrong .... but things need to *really* pick up imo for that to happen.

#16937 2 years ago

I'd say things are looking MUCH better for Heighway than they did some months ago.

The new ownership have put real money into this. Likely far more than their original minority interests. The only way this comes together for them is the long term success of the company.

Alien is a "new" game, with only a literal handful of owners around the world. It would be insane to announce game 3 anytime soon. Andrew made that mistake with the original Alien announcement. They'd be fools to make the same mistake.

#16938 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Hang in there.

CAT2 (resized).jpg

#16939 2 years ago

This is gonna be hot!!!

#16940 2 years ago

I'm selling my MMR LE and buying one of these. Ad coming soon.

#16941 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

I can only speak for this games LE version and why we want them yesterday. Because they are the same DAMN THING as a standard! and they wont let us downgrade to a standard at this point without being charged the new pricing for a standard (Morgans words). Everything is there besides the stupid art and number plaque....and whatever the stupid goody bag is. Why the hell are we waiting 3 more months than standards for these stupid things? We should be getting them now!

Better option for Heighway is to change how they view their end customers. LE buyers put up money to keep the doors open and allow a 95% complete game to be delivered. So rather than playing hardball, why not

***** abandon the LE model completely and stick to making standards with a 27 inch monitor and black trim as the only model? *****

It is understood that new buyers will be buying a standard Alien at new prices, but prepaid LE buyers should keep preorder std pricing, in light of your wise decision to abandon the LE model and take away their first choice. Oh, and these buyers should receive a prompt refund for the difference without having to request one or to chase you down. With ONE product you can focus on cranking out pinball machines - no more than half to new orders and balance to prepaid LE buyers, until they are taken care of. And promise all prepaid LE buyers that you'll contact and mail them a mirrored LE backglass mounted in a light box to hang on their walll for free. Just for their loyalty. It's difficult to hate a company that does that. and it is easy spending others money

All prepaid LE's that dropped out should be offered an option to buy that same mirrored LE backglass, mounted in a light box with delivery for $1k. All standard buyers should be offered an option to buy a translite of the same design, mounted in a light box for $500, if shipped with game. .....oh snap? ...it's back to reality time.

#16942 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Alien is a "new" game, with only a literal handful of owners around the world. It would be insane to announce game 3 anytime soon. Andrew made that mistake with the original Alien announcement. They'd be fools to make the same mistake.

Yeah, game 3 will not be announced until sometime next year, I can guarantee that 100%. It is in development and looking great so far.

#16943 2 years ago

those of you who got the address confirmation email who paid the extra 350 for air shipping:

Can you confirm if any compensation/deal was made for the 350 that was supposed to get the game to my/your door?

#16944 2 years ago

Any Alien action at York?

#16945 2 years ago

Thanks for the update...

I have a FT that I need parts for. Hopefully they will actually answer my email and maybe even have parts for it!

Michael

#16946 2 years ago

Has anybody gotten the shipping info that was promised yet? I realize tracking the ship isn’t high drama for Pinside elites. But after recent lies about launches and hurricanes, I’m interested in some verification. Thanks

#16947 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Any Alien action at York?

Yes cointaker had one. Probably the same one that was at Allentown? Didn't ask... played ok.

#16948 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Has anybody gotten the shipping info that was promised yet? I realize tracking the ship isn’t high drama for Pinside elites. But after recent lies about launches and hurricanes, I’m interested in some verification. Thanks

My friends and I buy shipping containers of pins from Italy once or twice a year, generally it takes a couple days after the games are picked up from the seller by the shipper before you get the shipping info. I'd bet they have the container number, but it won't be until the middle of next week before they will have the ship and tracking info. I also bet it takes longer to ship than they are estimating. If I were Cointaker and Heighway, I'd stop giving best case scenarios on shipping and give worse case scenario timelines or no timelines at all. It's awesome they've got the first container packed and going, that's huge, but once the truck leaves the seller, the seller has zero control over how long it will take to get loaded on a boat and how long shipping will take.

#16949 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My friends and I buy shipping containers of pins from Italy once or twice a year, generally it takes a couple days after the games are picked up from the seller by the shipper before you get the shipping info. I'd bet they have the container number, but it won't be until the middle of next week before they will have the ship and tracking info. I also bet it takes longer to ship than they are estimating. If I were Cointaker and Heighway, I'd stop giving best case scenarios on shipping and give worse case scenario timelines or no timelines at all. It's awesome they've got the first container packed and going, that's huge, but once the truck leaves the seller, the seller has zero control over how long it will take to get loaded on a boat and how long shipping will take.

I have asked CT for tracking - no info yet. From your experience how long does it take from Italy to Seattle?

#16950 2 years ago

Great news. It will take weeks to arrive in USA. Smell the roses in the meantime. Life is short. If it doesn't arrive, my life will hopefully go on. Deep thoughts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 50.00
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 244.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 28.00
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
There are 25535 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 511.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside