pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 601.
#16751 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

How did you guys pay for deposit? I put deposit down last winter with paypal for a LE. Got my refund within about 3 weeks from paypal claim.

I sent a $1500 deposit by way of Paypal Oct 21st 2014.

I asked for a refund on June 12th 2017.

I asked again on Aug 22nd.

I asked again on Sept 18th.

Still waiting.

#16752 6 years ago

Yeah,
I wish they'd just sold 1000 of one package version for like 10k shipped...

#16753 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Still waiting.

Did you file a paypal claim?

#16754 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I have to think a lot more than 60% of the cost of a pin goes into R&D, programming, sound design, playfield artwork and design, parts and assembly. I would bet the cabinet, even with a monitor, speakers, glass and cpu is less than 25% of the total cost of a pin. My guess is Andrew's price quotes just weren't realistic and when this group of business people tookover and really broke down the costs and pricing, they realized what their real price points had to be to make the company survive and their investment pay off.

They could lop a grand or two off here in the UK by going direct to be more competitive, and if they want some sales. Or they will be struck selling a few hundred worldwide then tell me where is the profit in that? One or two hundred grand, that's nothing...

#16755 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Still waiting.

Limited or Standard? I made an earlier offer to people not getting refunds that I would *consider* buying them out if they had gotten in on an early priced Standard. Anyone interested can PM me.

#16756 6 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

They could lop a grand or two off here in the UK by going direct to be more competitive, and if they want some sales. Or they will be struck selling a few hundred worldwide then tell me where is the profit in that? One or two hundred grand, that's nothing...

For future titles needs to be at Stern pro price point.

#16757 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Did you file a paypal claim?

That's WAAAAAAAY out of the claim window.

#16758 6 years ago

OK, not sure what the PP cutoff is, but I got my refund nearly 6 months. Maybe thats the cutoff. Very happy to get a refund and move on. I always knew it was a risk, of course, and had to consider the deposit as "gone" and I would be happy to get the machine but plesently surprised to get the PP refund. Hopefully others get refunds soon.

#16759 6 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

They should have left pricing where it was. If a business is losing money, which is no doubt they are, they cant just raise prices to cover their losses. The problem is poor management and lack of budgeting. They need to correct that first, regain their reputation, get some forward momentum, fix their stalled game builds, then start thinking of a price increase maybe years down the road once they prove themselves as a legitimate contender. Volume in sales will create a profit as will proof of quality.

#16760 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

They should have left pricing where it was. If a business is losing money, which is no doubt they are, they cant just raise prices to cover their losses. The problem is poor management and lack of budgeting. They need to correct that first, regain their reputation, get some forward momentum, fix their stalled game builds, then start thinking of a price increase maybe years down the road once they prove themselves as a legitimate contender. Volume in sales will create a profit as will proof of quality.

They absolutely can and should raise prices if they are losing money. They should lose money on every sale to do what, earn good will? Sorry man, that doesn't very much sense. Just like they have the right to charge whatever they want, you have the right to not buy their product. I would rather a company raise prices then close up shop, as long as they kept the same price for the early orders that are prepaid.

#16761 6 years ago

Cointaker silent for a week. No information from heighway either. Hopefully next week is better. They have to be close considering their last FB post. Even though I've been in this so much less than others, if that FB post didn't go up I would already be out.

#16762 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Even though I've been in this so much less than others

Considerably less.

#16763 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Considerably less.

yeah I know - that's why I mentioned it. I'm not sure what to tell you. If I were you I would have been gone long time ago.

#16764 6 years ago

There's a special place awaiting those who jump the line.

#16765 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

There's a special place awaiting those who jump the line.

I'm gonna bite b/c this is such a ridiculous statement that I can't. Explain to me how I jumped the line? I reached out to the vendor to buy Alien and then put a deposit in when she said there was a spot. What about this is wrong? I just don't understand. How else should I have done this?

Next time I buy a pin, I'll PM you to make sure your feelings aren't hurt. I'll also pat you on the head and give you a warm glass a milk so you can go to sleep.

#16766 6 years ago

yup, nothing new yet... once a week, I optimistically open this thread, and leave a little more depressed every time.

#16767 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

yup, nothing new yet... once a week, I optimistically open this thread, and leave a little more depressed every time.

haha. That was me this week.

#16768 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Lower your expectations and you'll be fine.

#16769 6 years ago

I'm fine. My SE will get here when it gets here.

#16770 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm fine. My SE will get here when it gets here.

As will my LE ( dammit, I'm posting in this thread again)

#16771 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm gonna bite b/c this is such a ridiculous statement that I can't. Explain to me how I jumped the line? I reached out to the vendor to buy Alien and then put a deposit in when she said there was a spot. What about this is wrong? I just don't understand. How else should I have done this?
Next time I buy a pin, I'll PM you to make sure your feelings aren't hurt. I'll also pat you on the head and give you a warm glass a milk so you can go to sleep.

How about dialing it back a notch and showing some empathy to those who have struggled here for years now and continue to be distressed about the future with unsecured deposits. You're at page three enthusiasm when Andrew was God here and we are now on page 336 in this thread.

Just a friendly suggestion.

#16772 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How about dialing it back a notch and showing some empathy to those who have struggled here for years now and continue to be distressed about the future with unsecured deposits. You're at page three enthusiasm when Andrew was God here and we are now on page 336 in this thread.

I hear you on this. I didn't mean to come off like that - was just excited about the game. I understand the point about those with unsecured deposits. I'm already thinking about getting my 1k back that was done in September. I just don't appreciate those saying I stepped over somebody - I would never do that and cheat someone. Simple as that. No need to take it out on the new guy who stepped in this shit show.

#16773 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I gotta agree here. We're not accusing you of anything, and hope you get your machine. We ALL want our machine. Your " updates" are not telling us anything we don't already know ( some of us may actually know more on the situation).

Telling everyone you're bailing if promises broken after a few weeks with a 1k deposit in the game at this stage in the process can be conceived as a " slap in the face" to a lot who are much more vested. Even early adopters ( such as me) had to throw at least $1500 at the game. I don't need a pat on the head...also don't need to be patronized with " insider" posts ( FB...really?).

As stated a billion times in this thread ( have you read it) The Alien experience is not one for instant gratification.

I spoke w Melissa ( whom I've delt with for years...her and Chris are the best) and congratulated her on taking this on. We talked Alien. That's all I need to say about it, as I'm sure many have done the same.

Be excited...show us your unboxing...we all want to see it. Otherwise, you're really not contributing to this thread ( respectfully)....thanks

#16774 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

They absolutely can and should raise prices if they are losing money. They should lose money on every sale to do what, earn good will? Sorry man, that doesn't very much sense. Just like they have the right to charge whatever they want, you have the right to not buy their product. I would rather a company raise prices then close up shop, as long as they kept the same price for the early orders that are prepaid.

Well, HP can do as they like with pricing, but the fact of it is, it typically takes start up companies a few years before they ever see a profit. One could say that HP is not a start up company, but at this point they lack consumer confidence and are at the same point or below a start up company. If raising prices was the answer, then a company should never have any financial difficulties... bad year-raise the price, poor management- raise the price. Most new companies fail because they lack staying power. What they need is to get some momentum with sales and regain consumer confidence. The only way this is going to happen is to get games into the homes of buyers.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see HP succeed. More pin mfg, means more titles, more selections and more entertainment. I just think the ultimatum to its buyers and the price increase was a bad move. Time will tell.

#16775 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Telling everyone you're bailing if promises broken after a few weeks with a 1k deposit in the game at this stage in the process can be conceived as a " slap in the face" to a lot who are much more vested.

OK - I can understand that. Didn't mean to come off that way. Like everyone else I check this thread to see if there are any updates on shipping. I will continue to do so and update if I hear anything too. I am by no means an insider - prob the exact opposite. Happy to share pics/vids when I get this (whenever that is). I can't think of another game unreleased I would do this for but i just happened to play it in real life and was taken by it so hear I am.

On a complete side note - I just got dialed in and it's prob one of my fav games I've played in some time. Totally misread that one.

#16776 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - I can understand that. Didn't mean to come off that way. Like everyone else I check this thread to see if there are any updates on shipping. I will continue to do so and update if I hear anything too. I am by no means an insider - prob the exact opposite. Happy to share pics/vids when I get this (whenever that is). I can't think of another game unreleased I would do this for but i just happened to play it in real life and was taken by it so hear I am.
On a complete side note - I just got dialed in and it's prob one of my fav games I've played in some time. Totally misread that one.

All good...you played the game and are excited to get one ( the way it should be). Just expect the road to still be a little bumpy, as it's been a long one. If you bring frustration every week ( and only being in for such a short time), it will fall on deaf, and sometimes soar ears. As others stated, just turn down a notch or so, hang in there, and your comments will be received better.

If you get your game before me, I'm happy for you. Most of us knew they would have to use new money to get the ship right.

At this point we just want unboxings and games in some quantity to start landing....anywhere.

Your DI comment however?...glad you love it...I played at Expo, and will never own one. Almost puts you out of the Alien Club ( kidding, of course)....

#16777 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

On a complete side note - I just got dialed in and it's prob one of my fav games I've played in some time

The best way to alleviate Alien Delivery Syndrome is precisely to go out and get another game, or two. Since I ordered Alien I have taken in eight machines, and five of those since I paid in full. I am completely desensitized to the whole thing and will just be stoked when it shows up.

I have become.. comfortably numb.

#16778 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The best way to alleviate Alien Delivery Syndrome is precisely to go out and get another game, or two. Since I ordered Alien I have taken in eight machines, and five of those since I paid in full. I am completely desensitized to the whole thing and will just be stoked when it shows up.

Spot on...pinbud!!!

Of course, a fiber light kit for my IMVE would ease the pain alot as well..

#16779 6 years ago

Just passing any news along so please take this at it's face - no promises/expectations.

Melissa from CT emailed me indicating games are now shipping Weds and I will be able to track the boat.....

#16780 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is so very true. My AFMr LE has taken away a lot of the pain of waiting.

Sounds like about 1/8 of the soothing you have seen.

#16781 6 years ago

A guy over here in the UK has just received his back after it's had a new computer and latest code. He is over the moon, can't say enough good things about it, best pin since sliced bread, well worth the wait etc etc. Just thought those waiting for an Alien would be happy to hear this...

#16782 6 years ago

What's the latest version? Supposedly Heighway has versions above 1.0.

#16783 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

This is so very true. My AFMr LE has taken away a lot of the pain of waiting.
Sounds like about 1/8 of the soothing you have seen.

Exactly my ratio!!!

#16784 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What's the latest version? Supposedly Heighway has versions above 1.0.

The latest version being shipped is 1.02. This fixes a bug in 1.0 with the software update process. Other than that it's identical to 1.0.

#16785 6 years ago

Hi Guys,

Got the chance to test all latest pins this week-end at the French Pin convension "Bourgogne Game Show" (BGS) close to Dijon.

First time trying them: SW pro, SW LE, DI LE & Alien preproduction...

I was not at ease with pf expected tracks of the ball, which make the game difficult for a first trial. But compaired to Stern, there is material on the pf (much more in fact...)... Components seems to be good quality (as much as DI LE)...

On another hand, no info regarding the code version tried...

My conclusion, the game is interesting and stick well to the thema.

BR

Eric

#16786 6 years ago

I received the new miniPC and dropped it in and I am now running 1.0.

One thing I can say from a hardware stand point the sound output of the miniPC versus Zotac is much better. So bonus there.

#16787 6 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

I received the new miniPC and dropped it in and I am now running 1.0.
One thing I can say from a hardware stand point the sound output of the miniPC versus Zotac is much better. So bonus there.

That's great to hear. Just curious are you located in the US or abroad? Sounds like they just mailed you the new minipc and you receive one of the original Alien pins? Experience better thus far?

#16788 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's great to hear. Just curious are you located in the US or abroad? Sounds like they just mailed you the new minipc and you receive one of the original Alien pins? Experience better thus far?

I haven't really put the new code through the paces, but I was doing well to begin with. I expect for me it will just amount to the changes in ruleset, sounds, and video clips that will be the difference (in regards to experience). Yes i'm in the U.S. (see avatar) and I have a later pin.

#16789 6 years ago
Quoted from Leveeger:

Hi Guys,
Got the chance to test all latest pins this week-end at the French Pin convension "Bourgogne Game Show" (BGS) close to Dijon.
First time trying them: SW pro, SW LE, DI LE & Alien preproduction...
I was not at ease with pf expected tracks of the ball, which make the game difficult for a first trial. But compaired to Stern, there is material on the pf (much more in fact...)... Components seems to be good quality (as much as DI LE)...
On another hand, no info regarding the code version tried...
My conclusion, the game is interesting and stick well to the thema.
BR
Eric

Merci mate!

#16790 6 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

i'm in the U.S. (see avatar)

???

#16791 6 years ago

You mean you haven't seen avatar?

He asked if I was in the U.S. I was saying look at the location info to the right of my picture.

#16792 6 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

You mean you haven't seen avatar?
He asked if I was in the U.S. I was saying look at the location info to the right of my picture.

FYI, your location says "Unknown, captain!"

#16793 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

FYI, your location says "Unknown, captain!"

Well I guess my privacy setting is set. My bad!

#16794 6 years ago

Not getting hopes up but tomorrow is weds so hopefully we receive an update from Heighways facebook or Cointaker with some info. Last time it was early since they are 6 hrs ahead so we could (and mean that in the strongest sense of the world considering track record) by tomorrow morning, who knows. CT did say they received "final" confirmation. Could tomorrow be the day to break this streak......

#16795 6 years ago

I gotta say, delt31, that it's nice to see your fresh enthusiasm on here. However, having read this thread for a year now (and only posting 3 times, including this) - prepare to have your expectations squashed... again. (I do so want to be wrong though)

#16796 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not getting hopes up but tomorrow is weds so hopefully we receive an update from Heighways facebook or Cointaker with some info. Last time it was early since they are 6 hrs ahead so we could (and mean that in the strongest sense of the world considering track record) by tomorrow morning, who knows. CT did say they received "final" confirmation. Could tomorrow be the day to break this streak......

I was told the same thing by Melissa on Monday so I am with you in good vibes... fingers crossed for tomorrow. *but secretly, I am not holding my breadth*

#16797 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Me too. I've gotten six games myself during the initial launch and down payment

If you aren't comfortably numb yet have a few drinks as well to get you there

#16798 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The travel across the pond is the most predictable part. The cool part is you get a shipping container number
and ship info and can GPS track it on a shipping website and know exactly where it is and the estimated arrival date.. My two cents is it hasn't shipped yet if they don't have the shipping container info..

Quoted from delt31:

hopefully we receive an update from Heighways facebook or Cointaker with some info.. CT did say they received "final" confirmation.

it is not going to sit well if CT tells people, yet again, that games are coming if they aren't. at this point i can't see them saying games are on their way without verified tracking/manifest info in hand. if CT is unable to post/provide that info, then hopefully someone else will. id rather see that info this time. especially if "final confirmation" turns out to be just two more meaningless words.

documented are the promises made most recently regarding the backward moving ship: from in route, to delayed at port, to back on the manufacturers floor. and dont forget this one from 5 months ago [shortly before Andrew stepped down] where games never shipped. on both occasions, CT told people games were coming without possessing verified shipping info.

Quoted from NPO:

All right, so I got in touch with Cointaker today. Being paid in full and hearing rumors lately, I wanted to touch base and see what was going on.
Here is what I confirmed:
10 SE Aliens are indeed headed this way NEXT week. The exact day is unknown at this time, but it is happening next week. They will be coming via airfreight. ..
And yes, one of them is mine; I definitely confirmed that.
So say the games ship next Friday-Saturday (13-14 April).. the instant that game arrives at my home, I will be taking pictures.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are 10 standards still heading to CoinTaker this week? I asked them the other day how long to get a standard if I paid in full today and was told 30-40 days.

Quoted from NPO:

I'll confirm it. I'll also confirm the 7-10 day delay, and that now they're supposed to ship next week.

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

As for the Cointaker shipment - there have been no delays at our end. Please direct any enquiries about the shipment to Cointaker. Their consignment is due to leave very soon in any case.

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Cointaker's games will ship by airfreight

#16799 6 years ago

I will def post tracking information if it's sent to me. Big if but I'm want to believe! I just know the probability is low.

#16800 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

documented are the promises made

Aren't we past due for your documentation?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/336?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.