By HeighwayPinball

3 years ago

Stats

• 18,911 posts
  • 863 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 minutes ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,888 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0032 (2) (resized).JPG
Disney2 (resized).jpg
snow (resized).jpg
Attach32661_20171212_102032 (resized).jpg
IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
IMG_1969 (resized).JPG
IMG_1967 (resized).JPG
IMG_1958 (resized).JPG
IMG_1957 (resized).JPG
IMG_1952 (resized).JPG
IMG_1889 (resized).JPG
IMG_1888 (resized).JPG
IMG_1886 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18911 posts in topic. You are on page 335 of 381.
#16701 87 days ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

We handed over this weekend an Alien Standard Game with 27" Screen to the Flippnic Club near Graz (Austria).
The machine was unboxed during the Austrian Pinball Open 2017 (APO17) and most of the people had several games on it, because it was set to Freeplay.
During the Side Tournament final it was also played and Krisztián Szalai made a great 99,5 mio Game on it.
You can find the video on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/rspinball/) There are also a lot of other picture of the event and unboxing etc.
The Video will be uploaded soon to Youtube and then you will see it in better quality.
BR Stefan
Ps.: Next week an Alien Standard will be also at the Badische Flippermeisterschaft in Germany

Great video!!!.Does this one have the lit pinblade and backpanel art? Doesn't look like it, but can't quite tell from the video. Good to see these playing!!!

#16702 87 days ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

We handed over this weekend an Alien Standard Game with 27" Screen to the Flippnic Club near Graz (Austria).
The machine was unboxed during the Austrian Pinball Open 2017 (APO17) and most of the people had several games on it, because it was set to Freeplay.
During the Side Tournament final it was also played and Krisztián Szalai made a great 99,5 mio Game on it.
You can find the video on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/rspinball/) There are also a lot of other picture of the event and unboxing etc.
The Video will be uploaded soon to Youtube and then you will see it in better quality.
BR Stefan
Ps.: Next week an Alien Standard will be also at the Badische Flippermeisterschaft in Germany

Great video. Can't wait to see the better quality version on youtube. When that ambush MP kicks in, you have to be literally dead inside not to get pumped up especially after you hit the shots. Like the speech in this game.

#16703 87 days ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

And I was told my LE wold be in my basement by March 31st of this year ("The first ones are finally shipping"). That caused me to accelerate other things so I could have my Alien Day party on 4/26. That didn't happen.
I was also told my LE would be "In the first container". That didn't happen.
I was told "You'll have it in 30 days". That one got me excited, because suddenly I was looking at the possibility that my AFMr and my Alien would show up ON THE SAME DAY. The AFMr has almost a thousand plays on it now.
So while I admire your enthusiasm, there isn't a great track record for what people are told and what actually happens.
Now, I'm trying to figure out if CGC "Game #3" will be in my basement before Alien (I actually doubt it. ).

This exactly! Been fully paid now for 4 months since cointaker promised me march...then at my door in 30 days when I asked for a refund in april, and prepaid my initial deposit 3 years ago. So been waiting a long while and got numerous promises from cointaker (and still am) that never ever happen. Lies lies lies. Now we have people just now jumping on board supposedly getting games over others who've waited longer and chime in on promises lol. Read this long thread and learn a thing or two about "promises". I'm actually now thinking january at the earliest for my LE arrival.

#16704 87 days ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

This exactly! Been fully paid now for 4 months since cointaker promised me march...then at my door in 30 days when I asked for a refund in april, and prepaid my initial deposit 3 years ago. So been waiting a long while and got numerous promises from cointaker (and still am) that never ever happen. Lies lies lies. Now we have people just now jumping on board supposedly getting games over others who've waited longer and chime in on promises lol. Read this long thread and learn a thing or two about "promises". I'm actually now thinking january at the earliest for my LE arrival.

You have a LE on order, no one's jumping in ahead of you. The ones mentioned are Standards.

#16705 87 days ago
Quoted from epotech:

We aim to start shipping games out in numbers on August 14 and onwards.

At least they got the "onwards" part right.

#16706 87 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great video!!!.Does this one have the lit pinblade and backpanel art? Doesn't look like it, but can't quite tell from the video. Good to see these playing!!!

No it does not have the illuminated side and backpanel.
Only extra is the 27" screen.

#16707 87 days ago

I am starting to wonder how many STD. orders have been placed.

LE's are not that much different. So, if this batch works well, there is not much reason to hold off on LE production.

#16708 87 days ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I am starting to wonder how many STD. orders have been placed.

I don't want an STD!

#16709 87 days ago

Paid in full standard buyers must be on the slim side if delt31 is getting a crack at the first large shipment to CT.

#16710 87 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I don't want an STD!

In space, no one can hear you blister.

#16711 87 days ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Paid in full standard buyers must be on the slim side if delt31 is getting a crack at the first large shipment to CT.

yeah, everyone got LEs I guess or everyone got refunds and back on the fence to see what happens (prob a bit of both)

#16712 87 days ago

UPDATE on the Buffalo machine , which has received a lot of negative reviews, because it had reset issues.

They are awaiting a new computer and Xeno with updated motor. Not exactly shocking news.

Hopefully, they are not on the same slow container that shipped; and then was delayed by storms; and then washed up on the shores of Heighway pinball's factory, only to be opened up for QC purposes and to be reloaded sometime in the future.

#16713 87 days ago

communicated with Morgan this morning. He confirmed Roman glass was being pursued, but off the table at the moment. also confirmed they have parts coming for LE's and I should still have mine by Christmas ( I'll believe for now)....

See the comment above about the Standard that was being played and video posted. It does not have the lit blades or back panel.

They are going to have to create value in the LE's beyond what we know, now that fiber is gone...perhaps, they are offering these lit blades as options on the Standard, but included on an LE?

Regardless, I doubt that many bought a Standard, as the pricing early on wouldn't have warranted it, vs LE.

If we get fortunate, this first batch of Standards (is there a batch?) will fund and get the line running/ organized a bit, then they can do a batch of LE's. This would make most business sense, as most LE buyers (including me) will pay immediately upon request, knowing their machine is coming in <30 days. Some I know have already paid in full for their LE's , so little question of cashflow on their side if they can pull it off.

THAT is the question.....can they regain enough customer confidence with this "mystery container" to avoid implosion? That thing has to get on a ship NOW. I'm staying in, but think it will still be slow going for some time.

#16714 87 days ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

UPDATE on the Buffalo machine , which has received a lot of negative reviews, because it had reset issues.
They are awaiting a new computer and Xeno with updated motor. Not exactly shocking news.
Hopefully, they are not on the same slow container that shipped; and then was delayed by storms; and then washed up on the shores of Heighway pinball's factory, only to be opened up for QC purposes and to be reloaded sometime in the future.

The good news - If any of the glass breaks, it won't be romans (sorry...light hearted sarcasm there)....I'm going to give this thread a rest for awhile, and hopefully have a meaningful update in the near future......

#16715 87 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

perhaps, they are offering these lit blades as options on the Standard, but included on an LE?

I'm almost certain that the lit side blades were already standard on the LE. So that wouldn't add much value. I honestly would change to a standard if they would honor the price at the time of my deposit. I had thought that I did that already, but a slight miscommunication kept me on an LE. At this point your really just getting a number and colored armor. Though HP had it from the start that LE options (aside from the armor) could be added to a standard, so the only thing we lost was the fiber ramps. However that was like 600-800. At least chop off the cost of the fiber ramp, that should be an easy thing to for LE buyers.

#16716 87 days ago

You probably can't buy the LE artwork either (translite). What would you do with this anyway if you had the 27 inch monitor?

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm almost certain that the lit side blades were already standard on the LE. So that wouldn't add much value. I honestly would change to a standard if they would honor the price at the time of my deposit. I had thought that I did that already, but a slight miscommunication kept me on an LE. At this point your really just getting a number and colored armor. Though HP had it from the start that LE options (aside from the armor) could be added to a standard, so the only thing we lost was the fiber ramps. However that was like 600-800. At least chop off the cost of the fiber ramp, that should be an easy thing to for LE buyers.

#16717 87 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You have a LE on order, no one's jumping in ahead of you. The ones mentioned are Standards.

Wasn't saying that people are jumping ahead of me as yes I do have a LE not standard so it doesn't matter anyway. Just that someone who just recently jumped on board this train gets "promised" a game when there have been many waiting years before and then talks about the "promise" they were made should read this whole long thread about "promises" and how they're handed out like candy here only to end up being rat turds lol.

#16718 87 days ago

These recent comments are absurd. It's like some people have amnesia, or haven't even read this thread. The merry go round continues.

Very simple. Can't handle the drama? Are you impatient? Get out. Just buy it when it's in stock & will ship 100% tomorrow. Not worth the headaches.

New owners haven't even built a definitive final production LE, still waiting on photos. They still can't clearly state what's included on the LE either. That's a joke at this point.

#16719 87 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Regardless, I doubt that many bought a Standard, as the pricing early on wouldn't have warranted it, vs LE.

I also doubt many people bought the SE, but I opted for SE at the time (just about this time last year) not based on price/value, but simply because I didn't like the look of the fiber lighting on the ramps.

#16720 87 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

In my case, I was more interested in a SE than in the LE. I found the beacons ugly as sin.
Anyway... moot point: my own experience with the predator debacle convinced me to stay out of Alien preorder...

#16721 86 days ago

I had a stripped down SE on order WITHOUT the LCD even. After being lied to and then ignored I got my deposit back after 4 or 5 months thanks to PayPal(and PayPal alone since Heighway ignore both myself and PP).

Still have a buddy in for a decked out LE(and he has been fully paid for years now) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed the "new" Heighway sticks around until he gets his machine.

#16722 86 days ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I think they've killed the company

Quoted from Wickerman2:

the company was dead prior to their arrival on the scene

galaxyquest03.gif

#16723 86 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The good news - If any of the glass breaks, it won't be romans (sorry...light hearted sarcasm there)....I'm going to give this thread a rest for awhile, and hopefully have a meaningful update in the near future......

Good luck! I tell myself that every few days, stay away, and then see 75 new posts! My dumb ass thinks something good must have developed to get that many replies in such a short period of time, I pop back in the thread, and it just two more pages of dribble...

#16724 86 days ago
Quoted from sed6:

pages of dribble...

Maybe we can request mods to change the thread title to this

#16725 86 days ago

We have at least a month before Cointaker see's these 13-25 pins. So at least 3 more pages of dribble before unboxings.

#16726 86 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

So at least 3 more pages of dribble before unboxings.

wonka suspence (resized).png

#16727 86 days ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Since you Alien guys are asleep, I'll post the latest from Facebook for you:
First larger batch of 25 built. Some still need to go through QC. Then a container will be off to the US and single ones to other places.

The photo caption says "production line". Really? I see 1 guy working on the line and the rest are walking around. Maybe its lunchtime. Andrew posted a lot of photos like this and i never saw more than 3-5 employees. It always looked like after hours... maybe it was, but judging from the production numbers, not likely. I hope they get things figured out but machines dont build themselves.

#16728 86 days ago

If there's only a few hundred orders left, they're probably better off running ~25 a month and ramp up as word gets around and demand increases.

#16729 86 days ago

As I've said before, their production line looks like a boutique manufacturer. They may have moved warehouses, but the line looks exactly the same as Andrew's setup. I thought the new guys would try to change things & become more efficient, but I guess not. Couple long tables in a big garage, no efficient assembly workstations.

And hey, that's fine if that's how they want to roll. But anyone who thinks they're going to "ramp up" and crank out a high volume of pins like Stern/JJP someday are kidding themselves. Who knows how many orders they have at this point after cancels & price increases anyway? They will be lucky to ever produce more than 50 a month with that setup, and the orders will most likely just trickle out for some time.

#16730 84 days ago

Can anyone please provide word on what the resolution to the LE's not getting the fiber optic ramps is?

#16731 84 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can anyone please provide word on what the resolution to the LE's not getting the fiber optic ramps is?

There is no resolution yet. Heighway has yet to announce what will be done. Various people have ideas of what should be done but Heighway has not finalized anything yet.

#16732 84 days ago

tumblr_lu1zrunuF81qaviyjo1_500 (resized).png

#16733 84 days ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Waiting for the drop.

#16734 83 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

And this seems like the easist question to answer too...

#16735 83 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And this seems like the easist question to answer too...

It should be.

#16736 83 days ago
Quoted from SuS:

I put a deposit on an LE in early March, and just sent an email today, requesting to begin the refund process. I ordered directly from Heighway, and added the 27" LCD and airfreight shipping, so I have $2,400 down. We'll see how this goes, and I'll update the progress in this thread.
I've played a few games on Alien, and I think it has potential to be a great pin. However, there are proven companies with some great pins that I'd rather own. I certainly hope that Heighway is successful, and that Alien sells in large quantities. If so, perhaps I'll pick one up on the used market some day.

I'm still waiting..... Going on four months of waiting.

Contacted Morgan again a couple of days ago. Still waiting.

I'll definitely post when / if I ever get my $1500 deposit back!

#16737 83 days ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Well I just checked my original request and it's four months today that I have been waiting too.

#16738 83 days ago

No beuno.

Quoted from MikeHogue:

Quoted from Toads:

Well I just checked my original request and it's four months today that I have been waiting too.

#16739 83 days ago

How did you guys pay for deposit? I put deposit down last winter with paypal for a LE. Got my refund within about 3 weeks from paypal claim.

#16740 83 days ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

As I've said before, their production line looks like a boutique manufacturer. They may have moved warehouses, but the line looks exactly the same as Andrew's setup. I thought the new guys would try to change things & become more efficient, but I guess not. Couple long tables in a big garage, no efficient assembly workstations.
And hey, that's fine if that's how they want to roll. But anyone who thinks they're going to "ramp up" and crank out a high volume of pins like Stern/JJP someday are kidding themselves. Who knows how many orders they have at this point after cancels & price increases anyway? They will be lucky to ever produce more than 50 a month with that setup, and the orders will most likely just trickle out for some time.

I think the Alien kit will give them big income,way less work than building an entire pin.
The modular system is a winner.
Bought full throttle 3 days ago,it is very smart.
They will ramp up and make money.

#16741 83 days ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I think the Alien kit will give them big income,way less work than building an entire pin.

1) limited market... the # of FullT owners is tiny... it's lost opportunity vs selling full titles at better margins
2) Building a kit is virtually the same amount of work as building a full game. They don't manufacture cabinets.. they buy them. The 'kit' would have everything but the bulky cabinet... yet people still want to pay an extremely discounted price.

Really the amount of labor/cost 'saved' isn't really worth the revenue lost.

#16742 83 days ago

Strongly disagree.

And that's coming from someone who actually believed in this concept. I will soon or later move to a smaller house and downsize my lineup to 1-2 games. A modular system is something I am interested in.

Except that the new Heighway Pinball price system does *not* work. The initial ballpark figure (Andrew did not give exact prices) was 60% of the full machine. That was acceptable (but already outside my comfort zone). Now a kit is priced here in the same range as a Stern pro (5995€ for an Alien kit, 5595€ for FT... 75% of the full SE price according to http://www.rs-pinball.at) Simply said, it seems the new HP team just does not want to sell kits.

Add to that that Full throttle's computer cannot handle Alien... one has to upgrade it. Seeing Game #2 incompatible with game #1 is not exactly encouraging.

The day I buy a modular pin, it will be a P3!
The day I buy a HP game, it's because I love it, not because it's modular...

#16743 83 days ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

One thing that dawned on me when I was at the UK Pinball Party at Heighway's old factory was where is/are the production/manufacturing engineer(s)? I met mechanical and electronics design guys but it occurred to me that there was no manufacturing expertise. I think they underestimate the importance of that.

#16744 83 days ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I was going to buy one, but they increased the price by 40% and forced buyers to buy via a well-known expensive distributor i.e. I can't go to UK factory anymore. I was quite excited as a UK person to have a UK pinball manufacturer, and had a fantasy to turn up in a van to pick up my Alien, but somehow these guys have managed to kill all that. Incredible really. So now they are more expensive than Stern, despite Stern being imported from US and UK import taxes being 20%. That is a level of greed that deserves a Sheen movie.
It will be interesting to see what sales they achieve at the new price point, but to be blunt I think they've killed the company. They've lost my custom, and I'm sure most others. Hey ho. Plenty more fish in the sea, I guess.

I totally agree, I was thinking of getting one but by the time I add on the bits to make it an 'LE' its up to £10,460 ($14,138)!
So no way.

It's more expensive than any other machine available here, and HP are a UK manufacturer, heck I can get the Houdini for £6,995 and that is made in the USA.
Dialed In Limited Edition is £8,995!

So I'll pass on Alien and HP thanks.

#16745 83 days ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Except that the new Heighway Pinball price system does *not* work. The initial ballpark figure (Andrew did not give exact prices) was 60% of the full machine. That was acceptable (but already outside my comfort zone).

I agree with this statement. The original 60% was on the high end of what people might pay, but was still plausible. It was why I bought Full Throttle sight unseen, because I'd get kits for it in the future. That model is completely out the window.

The modular aspect was a USP though. Had everything worked out the way it was supposed to, 3 new titles a year, 60% of the cost, not needing to change the CPU.... I can see why it seemed Andrew could pull this off back in the day.

But, shoulda woulda coulda.

#16746 83 days ago
Quoted from frolic:

I agree with this statement. The original 60% was on the high end of what people might pay, but was still plausible. It was why I bought Full Throttle sight unseen, because I'd get kits for it in the future. That model is completely out the window.
The modular aspect was a USP though. Had everything worked out the way it was supposed to, 3 new titles a year, 60% of the cost, not needing to change the CPU.... I can see why it seemed Andrew could pull this off back in the day.
But, shoulda woulda coulda.

In agreement as well. Concept was great, providing the price didnt get out of hand. The company is not mature enough ( obviously) to pursue this visionary course.

Sure would cure alot of headaches ( imho) if they went more traditional until they get their fiscal legs under them. Hire someone to put custom art that integrates w the lit sidebox art, sell as individual machines, leave the engineering for a later period.

This cures the LE vs Standard issue instantly, and possibly generates more interest

#16747 83 days ago

Guessing Helmond down 1 Heighway pinball, Rotterdam 1 up

#16748 83 days ago

I think you're out of your element

#16749 83 days ago

HP could clear a lot of this BS up with a simple post or two on here! Faak Facebook, just swallow your pride and tell us what's up already! From delayed refunds to broken promises after broken promises on shipped pins. This is beyond soap opera level bullshit already and CAN NOT be helping them in any way with potential customer's confidence.
Actions speak louder than words-only when there's action!

#16750 83 days ago

I have to think a lot more than 60% of the cost of a pin goes into R&D, programming, sound design, playfield artwork and design, parts and assembly. I would bet the cabinet, even with a monitor, speakers, glass and cpu is less than 25% of the total cost of a pin. My guess is Andrew's price quotes just weren't realistic and when this group of business people tookover and really broke down the costs and pricing, they realized what their real price points had to be to make the company survive and their investment pay off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballBulbs
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 157.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 1,089.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 18911 posts in topic. You are on page 335 of 381.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside