• 24,654 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by megaladon
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,840 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24654 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 494.
#16601 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Just out of curiosity, what software update are you looking for?

#16602 1 year ago

does that mean my order will be passed on to cointaker, If I originally ordered from Heighway. I need to stop looking at this thread, very confusing as to what the status is. Think I'm going to do my best to forget it and if they email me this year, it'll be a nice surprise. I'm not holding my breath though.

#16603 1 year ago

As they get out there, I'm sure bugs will be discovered - would like to see continued updates as the game continues to ship

#16604 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Just heard from Morgan to confirm my mailing address. He said the first bunch are shipping out this week.

Got the same email from Morgan today confirming my shipping address. I have an SE coming.

#16605 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

As they get out there, I'm sure bugs will be discovered - would like to see continued updates as the game continues to ship

It is my expectation that we will fix any bugs we learn about and make other polishing tweaks. (For example, I'll continue to monitor score balance... I think it's pretty good now, but if I learn that someone finds an unreasonably safe path to high scoring, I'll adjust. I'm a competitive player and want this to be a fun competitive game!)

I believe current games are shipping with 1.02. I don't know Wales' plan to get machines already in the field up to current software -- this partly depends on getting those machines up to current hardware as needed.

#16606 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It is my expectation that we will fix any bugs we learn about and make other polishing tweaks. (For example, I'll continue to monitor score balance... I think it's pretty good now, but if I learn that someone finds an unreasonably safe path to high scoring, I'll adjust. I'm a competitive player and want this to be a fun competitive game!)
I believe current games are shipping with 1.02. I don't know Wales' plan to get machines already in the field up to current software -- this partly depends on getting those machines up to current hardware as needed.

Even the mysterious revelation that greenhornet has yet to divulge?

#16607 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Got the same email from Morgan today confirming my shipping address. I have an SE coming.

that's great. Where's that "it's happening" gif??

EDIT - here we go:

giphy (1) (resized).png

#16608 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry wasn't following - the game you ordered was a standard version not LE right? I'm in for standard too (along with topper, PDI glass).

For clarity- ( and I'm an early LE adopter, possibly the biggest advocate, still in on this game) PDI glass is NOT being offered on these machines as an option. They do offer an " antiglare" glass, but it's not Romans ( at least not as of 2 weeks ago when I posed the question again to him).

Not saying this glass is good or not, but simply not PDI ( or Romans). Makes a difference to some ( including me).

#16609 1 year ago

I asked Morgan if my order still was coming with pdi glass and he said that it was. I asked 3 or 4 weeks ago

#16610 1 year ago
Quoted from Buju:

I asked Morgan if my order still was coming with pdi glass and he said that it was. I asked 3 or 4 weeks ago

Roman stated he hasn't sold a single sheet to old or new Heighway. Remember, " PDI" is the name Joey has for it here in the US.

They never had it, but have a different version.

Definitely don't want to put any negative vibe out, as hopefully, machines are coming ....I want my LE yesterday. I'm used to PDI, however, and will order w standard glass and just buy a sheet from Joey when it gets here...

#16611 1 year ago

Just had communication w Roman this morning (about 15 minutes ago). He stated that the new investor group has reached out to him yesterday, but nothing final yet. This is good news, as I'm used to PDI/ Roman glass, and that is what will be in my Alien LE.

#16612 1 year ago

Just went from Joeys page here because you got me hooked on that PDI glass with your last posts. I have to order to Europe btw so I dont know if you give any fuck about non US citizens.

#16613 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Just went from Joeys page here because you got me hooked on that PDI glass with your last posts. I have to order to Europe btw so I dont know if you give any fuck about non US citizens.

You will get the same glass for less...."Roman's Glass" same stuff (it's not made in the US)...PDI only authorized importer/ distributor in the US

#16614 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You will get the same glass for less...."Roman's Glass" same stuff (it's not made in the US)...PDI only authorized importer/ distributor in the US

Roman needs a good marketing name for his glass so we don't have to call it PDI. I agree that it's the bee's knees when not defective!

#16615 1 year ago

What is Roman/PDI glass and why do people prefer it so much more to other anti reflective glass?

#16616 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What is Roman/PDI glass and why do people prefer it so much more to other anti reflective glass?

It's made of crushed meteorite dust and impossible to scratch...even with a diamond drill!

#16617 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Roman needs a good marketing name for his glass so we don't have to call it PDI. I agree that it's the bee's knees when not defective!

Agreed!!! 1 name, different distribution points for US, Canada, Europe

#16618 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It's made of crushed meteorite dust and impossible to scratch...even with a diamond drill!

Too funny.....I think it was approved for the latest eclipse viewing, as well....

#16619 1 year ago

At the end of the day, it is simply Optical Glass. ...

#16620 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

at Nitro Pinball in Canada we sell it as Roman Glass.

roman-glass-logo-wb (resized).png

#16621 1 year ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

At the end of the day, it is simply Optical Glass. ...

Correct...."optical" being the key word here, and there are differences in what's available. Multiple threads on this, so no desire to reopen any debates.....

#16622 1 year ago

Pinball News's review of Roman glass vs Invisiglass found the former to be better. Roman is the man.

#16623 1 year ago

I was contacted for address confirmation on my standard yesterday as well. I'm looking forward to finally being able to put it on location.

#16624 1 year ago
Quoted from Jawa:

I was contacted for address confirmation on my standard yesterday as well. I'm looking forward to finally being able to put it on location.

Nice - things are definitely in motion. Apparently tomorrow will be the day that they are actually shipped so I'm hoping to either see new pics on their FB page or an update from Cointaker as they committed to updating me by EOD tomorrow.

#16625 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Apparently tomorrow will be the day that they are actually shipped

#16627 1 year ago

Uh huh.......

alien-pins-are-shipping(2) (resized).jpg

#16628 1 year ago

The Houston Arcade Expo is coming soon!! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-houston-arcade-expo

I'm going to bring my Alien.

It will be on free play, as long as it holds up.

I'm still on version 0.94 - several releases behind current code.

You will be banging away on one of the first Aliens ever made. And that's ok - I'm expecting to receive a completely new populated playfield and replacement PC - so come play an early version before I update it with new parts. The game ROCKS!@!

I'm enjoying a cold beverage and playing Alien....and I think this game kicks ass! ....I'm not a newb to pinball...so....well...HAVE FUN Y'All~!!

#16629 1 year ago

Just my 2 cents , I put 1k down each on Aerosmith LE and Aliens Le last Sept , Was told by Melissa via email I needed to send balance of both games [which I was not expecting to drop 15k at once ] but sent the money , Well took 4 months to get the Aero and of course we all know the rest . So if you just have a deposit down on a game feel a little fortunate . I have been very patient with maybe 3-4 emails to her in a year . Communication has not been there strong point at all. Don't think I will buy anymore from there . Sent a email 2 weeks ago with no response to date ,Frustrating to say the least ,think I am numb but still can't help feeling the money would ne safer in my bank. I was truly under the impression everyone had paid in full same time I was required ,but seeing that is not the case at all. Like everyone just want the dam game already
Jim

#16630 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nice - things are definitely in motion. Apparently tomorrow will be the day that they are actually shipped so I'm hoping to either see new pics on their FB page or an update from Cointaker as they committed to updating me by EOD tomorrow.

I just about lost it when I got the call that my LE was a month out, and I read my credit card number (more than a month ago). I don't blame Melissa, and I'm certainly still in, but your optimism is pretty cool...

#16631 1 year ago

Well here we go.....11am already UK time. I'm hoping those suckers are being loaded now. I'll keep you guys posted about any status updates from CT by EOD. I will certainly be reaching out if I don't hear back.

#16632 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well here we go.....11am already UK time. I'm hoping those suckers are being loaded now. I'll keep you guys posted about any status updates from CT by EOD. I will certainly be reaching out if I don't hear back.

I'm kinda surprised the first 100 or so didn't just ship in the U.K...

#16633 1 year ago

Still no final answer on the kit shipping crates last talk with Morgan. Still finishing the design to get them out so no timeline still when we will get our kit to drop in full throttle #002 at The Sanctum.

#16634 1 year ago

I'll be happy to hear that they're at least shipping out pins let alone kits ; )

#16636 1 year ago

Nope sent email to Melissa

#16637 1 year ago

Chill

#16638 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nope sent email to Melissa

Dude, you've been in this what, two weeks? That's less time than it took me to get my refund back. There are plenty of people who've been on this ride for nearly three years.

#16639 1 year ago

Agreed....pins will come. Majority of the wait/ pain is behind, majority of refunds given. Roman confirms the new group has actually reached out to him in regards to glass upgrades. Code moving forward. Great distributor on board. By almost all accounts, the game rocks, and could end up being a genuine contender.

These are all signs of progress, not regress. These guys haven't had the wheel that long, all things considered. Having an Alien Christmas is a reasonable hope.

If you picked this title for a quick fix...mistake. If you picked it because you really want it and have patience, all should be good.

I'm very grateful this ship didn't tank when it could very well have.......

#16640 1 year ago
Quoted from nephasth:

There are plenty of people who've been on this ride for nearly three years.

I'm squarely in that club....

#16641 1 year ago

Heigh way posted on their Facebook! Progress!

#16642 1 year ago

Since you Alien guys are asleep, I'll post the latest from Facebook for you:

First larger batch of 25 built. Some still need to go through QC. Then a container will be off to the US and single ones to other places.

Alien production line (resized).jpg

Aliens in boxes (resized).jpg

#16643 1 year ago

Yes....

"First larger batch of 25 built. Some still need to go through QC. Then a container will be off to the US and single ones to other places."

They show a pic of many already ready to be shipped....that's good to see. Comment about still needing to go through QC - prob going to hold this back for a little more but at least 12 seem ready to go....send those now ; )

#16644 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Since you Alien guys are asleep, I'll post the latest from Facebook for you:
First larger batch of 25 built. Some still need to go through QC. Then a container will be off to the US and single ones to other places.

Best pic on the thread!!!!...great to see!!!!

#16645 1 year ago

random but I was watching the heighway promo video for the game and they show during the queen nest mode that the white object (near the alien) turns around like TDK and reveals another alien figurine. Does this still happen in the production game b.c isnt that where the additional screen is? Or does the screen turn around to reveal the queen?

#16646 1 year ago

I think the screen replaced that mech.

#16647 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

random but I was watching the heighway promo video for the game and they show during the queen nest mode that the white object (near the alien) turns around like TDK and reveals another alien figurine. Does this still happen in the production game b.c isnt that where the additional screen is? Or does the screen turn around to reveal the queen?

I for one think this is the best post in the Alien thread

Sorry mate have to laugh. I was trying to purchase a Full Throttle and was promised it cheap including free shipping to NZ from Andrew about a month before his departure. The lack of communication prior to this saying to Andrew "take my money" with zero communication was enough to spend my money on Tron. People still stick up for Andrew but for me, he's a slippery fella and glad I never took his option and last attempts to gain more money.

I suggest seeing you've spent your hard earned dollars for this title, while waiting for delivery spend your time reading the past posts. The PDI "roman" glass was never an option, confirmed by Roman himself, the airlock vanished and replaced with a third LCD. As MK stated, the new owners have been in contact re PDI so hopefully they can drum up a deal to get the people that paid for this option, clearly have PDI glass stated on their invoice, the glass they should receive.

#16648 1 year ago

It's reassuring to see all the boxed pins with updated hardware have passed Quality Control tests.

#16649 1 year ago

#16650 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm kinda surprised the first 100 or so didn't just ship in the U.K...

i think they will be lucky if they sell 10 in the uk
people seem to be under the illusion that pinball sells in the hundreds in the uk i can tell you this is not true i would suspect less than 50 for any new game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 279.95
There are 24654 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside