• 24,654 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by megaladon
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,840 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24654 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 494.
#16501 1 year ago

So just heard from Melissa (CT) who confirmed 9/10 will not happen anymore HOWEVER they are in route but due to port delays (from storms) 9/10 won't happen. I've asked for an updated date.

I'm happy to hear that the are at least in route.

#16502 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm happy to hear that the are at least in route.

Until the barge goes down in hurricane-force seas (with all sailors are able to successfully be rescued from the life raft) and the games could only be played by Davy Jones and Jack Sparrow...

#16503 1 year ago
Quoted from redman822:

Until the barge goes down in hurricane-force seas (with all sailors are able to successfully be rescued from the life raft) and the games could only be played by Davy Jones and Jack Sparrow...

That's elitist and annoying for them jumping the line! Jack sparrow and Davey jones should have to wait and sweat it out like the rest of us! Unless they had a special deal with Heighway before us LMAO HAHAHAHAHA. In all seriousness.....here we go again with more excuses and missed deadlines and cointaker still not fulfilling promises on calling me or keeping me informed like they said they would. Looks like Christmas maybe for LEs at the earliest. Atleast it would be a great present to myself at that point lol.

#16504 1 year ago

PITCHFORKS (resized).jpg

#16505 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

spooky is not really a new startup at this point.
150 AMH
300 RZ
??? Dominoes
100 Jetsons
Alice cooper in development
Over 175 TnA sold
Ben Heck next game in development
They have a prove track record.
I can completely understand not feeling comfortable putting down any non-refundable deposit, just pointing out that they are proven at this point.

Well that and the fact that pretty much all of their games aren't very good. Give me thumbs down because it's a popular thing to do on Pinside, but I don't see many people plunking down $6K on a used RZ. Love the folks at Spooky but nothing they are doing is ground breaking and at the end of the day, one little recession like 2008 and they are out of business.

#16506 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

we can agree to disagree. I think it is completely fair for a small pinball company to ask for firm commitments from their customer base in order to allow them confidence on how many parts to order and games to build.

Well do they have the parts or not? This is the company that still has not sent an Alien head fore the game here. So they have only enough to make the games they're taking monies for but not the ones they already sold? I know I know they aren;t really making games now most likely but what a shit show even still.

#16507 1 year ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Well that and the fact that pretty much all of their games aren't very good. Give me thumbs down because it's a popular thing to do on Pinside, but I don't see many people plunking down $6K on a used RZ. Love the folks at Spooky but nothing they are doing is ground breaking and at the end of the day, one little recession like 2008 and they are out of business.

You don't have to be groundbreaking to be successful. Exhibit A. Dutch Pinball. Exhibit B. Zidware. Groundbreaking, and out of business. Its called ramping up.

#16508 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is the company that still has not sent an Alien head fore the game here.

Nope. They are sending playfield and computer replacements.
If it was a huge scam they wouldn't have issued refunds. Afaik Toads is still waiting for one. All other pinside members have been refunded.

This isn't a conspiracy as much as Pinside would like. Its more ineffective management and missed expectations.

Quoted from TheLaw:

I know they aren;t really making games now most likely but what a shit show even still

Really? You know this how? Everything points to the fact that they are making games

Quoted from Nethawk86:

here we go again with more excuses and missed deadlines and cointaker still not fulfilling promises on calling me or keeping me informed like they said they would

This sux and is part of the frustration

#16509 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well do they have the parts or not? This is the company that still has not sent an Alien head fore the game here. So they have only enough to make the games they're taking monies for but not the ones they already sold? I know I know they aren;t really making games now most likely but what a shit show even still.

pay attention to the conversation buddy. We diverted for a little while and were talking spooky. I know it can be confusing sometimes

#16510 1 year ago

guys - I hate to be the policeman here but can we stop all the bickering and keep this to just the latest status on this pin and impressions?I've been trying to keep everyone in the loop with my experience but side conversations like this are so annoying it derails the thread.

#16511 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pay attention to the conversation buddy. We diverted for a little while and were talking spooky. I know it can be confusing sometimes

No I get that, has Heighway shipped machines before shipping parts for original owners ?

#16512 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You don't have to be groundbreaking to be successful. Exhibit A. Dutch Pinball. Exhibit B. Zidware. Groundbreaking, and out of business. Its called ramping up.

You might want to do a little fact checking before posting.

#16513 1 year ago

All I know is my Alien is playing OK at the Cleveland pinball show. XENO is disabled due to the glass issue but everything else is working and code 0.98 is not bad, can't wait for 1.00.

#16514 1 year ago
Quoted from onedeath:

All I know is my Alien is playing OK at the Cleveland pinball show. XENO is disabled due to the glass issue but everything else is working and code 0.98 is not bad, can't wait for 1.00.

What's the glass issue?

#16515 1 year ago
Quoted from onedeath:

Have you heard anything about the process for upgrading software? 1.0 has been out for almost a week, no?

#16516 1 year ago

Is there an Alien on location in NYC?

#16517 1 year ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

What's the glass issue?

Broke during shipping. Might want to look at the older posts....

#16518 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Have you heard anything about the process for upgrading software? 1.0 has been out for almost a week, no?

Heighway Pinball
September 6 at 6:40am ·
We are sorry to inform you that software V0.99 will not be available. Our developers are so fast that we will instead put at least V1.0 on all machines. We will offer an update for existing machines later.

#16519 1 year ago
Quoted from onedeath:

Broke during shipping. Might want to look at the older posts....

Oh - I saw that from before. I didn't connect the two since glass breaking during shipping and the Xeno head seem like different issues. I thought it was something new that I hadn't heard of. Since I'm getting this game, I definitely want to know all the issues that are in store!

Thinking about it - how is the Xeno head related to the glass breaking during shipping?

#16520 1 year ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Oh - I saw that from before. I didn't connect the two since glass breaking during shipping and the Xeno head seem like different issues. I thought it was something new that I hadn't heard of. Since I'm getting this game, I definitely want to know all the issues that are in store!
Thinking about it - how is the Xeno head related to the glass breaking during shipping?

Machine ships vertical and the glass came crashing down on everything in the back of the machine when it broke. We had to take every piece off the playfield to get all the glass out.

#16521 1 year ago
Quoted from onedeath:

Machine ships vertical and the glass came crashing down on everything in the back of the machine when it broke. We had to take every piece off the playfield to get all the glass out.

And didn't reattach the xeno I guess???

#16522 1 year ago
Quoted from sed6:

And didn't reattach the xeno I guess???

No the mech is not registering right and the servo must have stripped a tooth or two. Got a new unit on the way...

#16523 1 year ago
Quoted from onedeath:

No the mech is not registering right and the servo must have stripped a tooth or two. Got a new unit on the way...

Mine did the same thing when I installed the Alien head.
Works great when not engaged,sounds like gears stripping when it is.
Turned mine off as well.

#16524 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Mine did the same thing when I installed the Alien head.
Works great when not engaged,sounds like gears stripping when it is.
Turned mine off as well.

These are the old ones, right?....not the new batch...

#16525 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh okay, good to know. Probably all good now then.

#16526 1 year ago

No they are the new ones, the servo is a sg90 servo amazon has them, 3 or 4 bucks each, you have to swap the wire order on the connectro but its not a hard change.

It gets dammaged if you try moving the mouth when powered on, when its off it moves smoothly

#16528 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is DP making games, Cause we know zidware isn't. Which fact is wrong

This weeks update from DP:
This week we received most parts and we will send them to the factory soon. When they arrive, all parts have to be organized and prepared for assembly. We hope that the first ‘new’ Engineering sample will be ready in October. After that we can start up the regular production. We are still on track to deliver the first batch of ‘new’ TBL in December 2017!

We will keep you posted!

Have a nice weekend!

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

#16529 1 year ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

This week we received most parts and we will send them to the factory soon. When they arrive, all parts have to be organized and prepared for assembly. We hope that the first ‘new’ Engineering sample will be ready in October. After that we can start up the regular production. We are still on track to deliver the first batch of ‘new’ TBL in December 2017!
We will keep you posted!
Have a nice weekend!
Kind regards,
Barry & Jaap

You are fast. I decided the post was off topic, so deleted the comment.

#16530 1 year ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

We will keep you posted!
Have a nice weekend!
Kind regards,
Barry & Jaap

Cool, I definitely hope it works out for DP and the buyers. Not like They have mislead people before though.

#16531 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cool, I definitely hope it works out for DP and the buyers. Not like They have mislead people before though.

No worries. Pinball is hard!

#16532 1 year ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I had the exact same experience with CoinTaker when waiting for my BoP 2.0 kit. Excuses after excuses about delays that would take two more weeks to resolve. Two weeks would pass, I'd hear nothing, send emails, hear nothing, call and leave a message, hear nothing, then get a random call or email that it would be another two weeks. Went on for 4 months. Eventually I did get my kit and I was happy about it, but I did not like the process. Seems so much easier to set your customer's expectation accurately than to string them along. That just pisses them off.

I paid in full last year only because I was told they had to be paid in full due to the games shipping in a couple weeks, communication from cointaker has been horrible to say the least

#16533 1 year ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

I paid in full last year only because I was told they had to be paid in full due to the games shipping in a couple weeks, communication from cointaker has been horrible to say the least

They fooled you! They fooled you good. I’ll sure they're sharing a drink with friends right now, reminicing how well they pulled one over on you.

#16534 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

spooky is not really a new startup at this point.
150 AMH
300 RZ
??? Dominoes
100 Jetsons
Alice cooper in development
Over 175 TnA sold
Ben Heck next game in development
They have a prove track record.
I can completely understand not feeling comfortable putting down any non-refundable deposit, just pointing out that they are proven at this point.

I guess they are considered proven if you do not have any issues with your game ,there service support is non existing, had no head speakers (unplugged in the harness where it does not even belong) and bent switch on upper Playfield, called them and Charlie is a complete asset wipe ,he thinks and treats everyone like a operator, Guess what ,most pinball buyers are in home ,arcades are far and few .totally would never buy another game from them .His statement " sorry we are in Wisconsin and you are in Maryland " wtf?

#16535 1 year ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

Guess what ,most pinball buyers are in home ,arcades are far and few.

Depends where you live. In the Seattle Area we have 18 arcades or barcades with enough machines to host pinball tournament nights. I think 7 or 8 are within a 10 minutes drive from my house.

#16536 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

New one

#16537 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

No they are the new ones, the servo is a sg90 servo amazon has them, 3 or 4 bucks each, you have to swap the wire order on the connectro but its not a hard change.
It gets dammaged if you try moving the mouth when powered on, when its off it moves smoothly

Great,I didn't know anything about that.
Just installed it and it didn't work.

#16538 1 year ago

Anybody know of a Alien pinball machine on location in Denver?

#16539 1 year ago

Sorry about that! I thought the new ones had no problem with the Xeno....

#16540 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Have you heard anything about the process for upgrading software?

It's what you'd expect: download file to USB stick, insert stick into Alien's computer, navigate to "software update" function in operator menus. Takes about one minute. For most updates, settings/audits/high scores are preserved.

#16541 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It's what you'd expect: download file to USB stick, insert stick into Alien's computer, navigate to "software update" function in operator menus. Takes about one minute. For most updates, settings/audits/high scores are preserved.

Yep, its super easy !!
I highly recommend all Alien Owners buy one of these
amazon.com link »
To be able to update or access the computer and use a wireless Keyboard/etc with ease.

#16542 1 year ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Yep, its super easy !!
I highly recommend all Alien Owners buy one of these
amazon.com link »
To be able to update or access the computer and use a wireless Keyboard/etc with ease.

So I have a wireless keyboard/mouse for my Mame cab and it's invaluable! I'm used to Stern/BW buttons on the coin door, what are we gonna use a keyboard/mouse for on our Alien? Are there still service buttons on Alien?

#16543 1 year ago
Quoted from sed6:

So I have a wireless keyboard/mouse for my Mame cab and it's invaluable! I'm used to Stern/BW buttons on the coin door, what are we gonna use a keyboard/mouse for on our Alien? Are there still service buttons on Alien?

You ask MUTHR what credits or settings you want to adjust and it's retrieved kinda like Cortana or Siri.

#16544 1 year ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Spooky has private money ready to back them at any point that the economy gets dicey.

#16545 1 year ago
Quoted from sed6:

Yep

IMG_4948 (resized).JPG

#16546 1 year ago

I mentioned the below suggestion to Andrew about a year ago and he liked it. He said he'd suggest it to his team, but as a menu option for home use. Was/could this be ever implemented in a version of software?

The idea was for a home use for people with families or playing with people new to pinball. My suggestion:

I’m pretty good at pinball but my wife is not. It would be great to be able to have a setting that allows the players in a multiplayer game to select different difficulties by player, something like a handicap which extends the ball saves, mode time limits etc (I could play on hard, and my wife on easy). It would make competition more even, especially for the newer players.

#16547 1 year ago

Has anyone heard any other news regarding shipping of Aliens. Last I heard was they needed new ramps and games would be sent out. It's been very quite since then☹️

#16548 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I mentioned the below suggestion to Andrew about a year ago and he liked it. He said he'd suggest it to his team, but as a menu option for home use. Was/could this be ever implemented in a version of software?
The idea was for a home use for people with families or playing with people new to pinball. My suggestion:
I’m pretty good at pinball but my wife is not. It would be great to be able to have a setting that allows the players in a multiplayer game to select different difficulties by player, something like a handicap which extends the ball saves, mode time limits etc (I could play on hard, and my wife on easy). It would make competition more even, especially for the newer players.

I wonder if ferret can share any insight?

#16549 1 year ago

I've reached out to Melissa at CT and she is checking status on games. Last we spoke she said they hit water but got stuck on ports due to weather. I would expect these are close now considering that was last week. Will update.

#16550 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've reached out to Melissa at CT and she is checking status on games. Last we spoke she said they hit water but got stuck on ports due to weather. I would expect these are close now considering that was last week. Will update.

I don't think anything has been shipped, why wouldn't Heighway post a picture of 40 plus games built and ready to go, maybe another 4 or so have been sent but a large shipment is doubtful. I hope so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24654 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside